Really want to enjoy this game because I love the books

And they still have the LOTR license. When will this game die so we can get a non-cash grab P2W grind game?

Just play project gorgon

It was actually alright before it went free to play. One of the comfier MMOs out there even if it wasn't particularly open ended.

ff14

I think it went F2P after Turbine was acquired by Warner Bros. After that it was a profit-oriented game, designing grinds just so people would spend money on the store.

Now Turbine doesn't even exist anymore, they were rebranded at Standing Stone Games. I imagine a lot of people left or were laid off. Warner Bros still in charge, however.

in cy+3? good luck.

is it gud?

Ae the Warner Brothers lotr games any good?

Fuck no.

I thought it was alright.

cuck

yes but pretty incomplete

A group of college and I would play this on breaks and enjoyed it alot, idk how it'd be going solo though probably alot less fun.

Fuck man, it's one of the better MMOs out there. But I'm one of those autist that actually likes to read quest and don't give a shit about pvp so there's that.

The books are just old and made by a dead guy, you should try buying and installing a real MMO: Elder Scrolls Online!

Where can I learn more about real MMOs such as Elder Scrolls Online?

I really enjoyed it before it went F2P. Kinda shitty and limited after that, but could still be played.

That was years ago, so I don't know its current state.

Could play Warhammer Online again instead.

you're doing it wrong

you expected players rest for hours at time between encounters to heal and recharge spell slots in an mmo?

Guild Wars 2 is a better lotr game than lotr.

Nigger did you ever play Balduer's Gate, Icewind Dale, or Neverwinter Nights? Resting doesn't take more then a minute. In fact in Neverwinter Nights an multiplayer designed engine instead of Baldur's Gate is just 10-30 seconds.

I'd say the game is just as good as the books, the unabridged versions, anyway:

So yeah, I don't see why you would like the books so much.

While the default answer here will always be "no and kill yourself" regardless of the game or company in question, I can say that Shadows of Mordor was a lot of fun. It molests the lore but if you can pivot away from thinking about that and just think of it as a derivative property -
and if you enjoy the Batman style games - then check it out.

Remember how sixteen years ago we got a game that was an actual computer adaptation of how tabletop role-playing games work and (except for a sequel a few years later that didn't sell very well and that the publisher mandated the developer not release bugfixes for) the industry took no notice whatsoever as it just continued sliding backwards?
Haha. Yeah.

It's a good game, but don't buy it, the devs have over the years become more and more sjw infested, do not give them money.