Vagante

What's your opinion on this final boss fight? Does it feel like a grand finale for this roguelike game?
Boss fight starts at 1 minute, the fight lasts a few minutes, rest of 10m are just credits.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!HbIVHLKC!FnT11qUdbJ8Ihk3u0fAcHGma1RMyKJ0TV-6aYRMymTY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Love that game, but I haven't gotten to the final boss yet.

Easier than some other areas and bosses, kind of disappointing.
Apparently there is a secret boss in a coming update that you gain access to with all the rune orbs.

Link to latest version (1.011.3) :
mega.nz/#!HbIVHLKC!FnT11qUdbJ8Ihk3u0fAcHGma1RMyKJ0TV-6aYRMymTY

How do you guys even defeat the enemies in the catacombs?
I feel like I do no damage towards them. Or was my luck shitty in that run.
Or is it because I played with friends that the scaling was shit?

Really? I thought the second form of this boss was that secret final boss [hence u need all 4 runes to trigger it]
And yes he did feel easier than most stuff in the game, easy to predict/dodge all his attacks

Skill my friend

Host when ?

This game is not fun.

You're stuck in the caves, aren't you

Disliked it, the art style makes it hard to track anything.

Haven't got that far 'cause I'm a scrub but I enjoyed the game itself a lot. Haven't had much time to play it recently trying to get through my backlog. That boss looks like a pain in the ass though.

The quality of discussion has me interested in the conversation here, but I have no idea what game this is.

That is not a roguelike, you brain dead moron.

Whenever people talking about a game refuse to name the game or describe what it's like, it's always utter shit, guaranteed.

I think it's easier that the first form. The primary problem with the 2nd form of the final boss is that it takes too long to start. The boss is vulnerable the entire time it is floating there in the center of the arena while it's still summoning the floating platforms. If you are aggressive enough, you can end the fight before it begins. Even if you let the fight start, its attacks aren't as threatening as the first form's. The difficulty of this form seems to mostly come from navigating these endlessly rising platforms so you can actually land a hit.

Protip: examine the OP again.

I wanted to get some hosting going, but my ports would not open. It worked previously and I used the same setup, but now it's broken.

That fight was boring and the sounds sucked

fucking gas yourself OP

on those alone, it's shit.

Also most enemies in the catacombs are weak to lightning

Did you try while you here hosting the server ? When I check the port while I'm not hosting all port checkers say it's closed, when I'm hosting they say it's open.

Right, Vagante, I see that. I've never heard of Vagante before this thread is what I'm saying.

Only two posts actually answering the question regarding the boss, the others are still talking about Vagante but different subjects. As for everybody else, just shitposts mostly regarding what roguelike genre is.
[Image related to what a CLASSIC roguelike game is, this is modern roguelike, they break and bend the rules a little]
Post rock is still rock. Any other type of rock is still rock. Therefore this roguelike is still a roguelike, just a subbranch of it.

Give it a shot and you'll change your mind, also "pixelshit" is now a thing because often who makes videogames want to throw out their game without having to concentrate a lot of effort on the art style, pixelshit is de facto the epitome of gameplay.
It's the cuck sjw devs that sticked on it copying the success of those that did actually good games with the same style.

Yes i think this is how a boss fight should climax into. You pass a highly challenging set of stages culminating in a boss that you truly will fear considering the amount of effort you put in just to reach it.

Vagante is literally how videogames were and should be designed

Also i still haven't reached the end yet, as playing multiplayer seems be is way harder than doing stuff solo due to health multipliers and scarcity of resources, i'm playing with 2 more friends.

i'm not doing the true end boss in solo as i intend doing with friends

The true final boss is scary the first time you reach it, you clearly dont want to die thanks to all the effort you have put to reach this stage.
However, that feeling fades away when you finally kill the boss and think again, making you realise that the true final boss is easier than the first stage of the boss or even any boss from the Catacombs or Despair.

Welp, my ports are working now. I'll host later tonight. Anyone wanna play?

Is your offer still standing? I'll find a torrent if you'll host.

Latest version is in the thread. You wanna play right now? I can start it up.

You know what? Let me run to the computer lab, I'm running Linux on my machine.

Alright, downloading the game now. Mind you, I'm going in blind.

Alright, I'm ready!

Not 100% it will work, but it says my ports are open.

It ain't working, pal.

No dice. Are you using the correct internal IP?

I'll try checking some other firewall guide, but I don't know what's wrong.

Check your router settings instead.

Alright, fiddled with some settings in the firewall and router.

Go on.

That was cool, thanks OP.

I can Host if anyone wants to play.
t. yuropean

MARK WE HAVE AMERICUCKS AND EUROFAGGOTS WILLING TO HOST CAN WE GET A STICKY TOO

hey guys this platformer roguelike is so unique and amazing it's like nothing I never seen give me a pirate link i'm in agony

Attached: neogafresetera.png (294x367 72.82 KB, 149.38K)

You can play with us instead of defaulting to your favorite buzzwords and formulate your own opinion of the game, friend. I'll enchant your gear

Attached: 2d31ff320b47889c6bd58ae17cfd0dd519a246fbb587b905d9c4ae3541c4dd61.png (1386x1362, 284.2K)

This is one of those games that I spoiled myself on by playing too much of it in EA because it was gifted to me. Not gonna make that mistake again.