Elona

That Jap rpg.
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elona_Wiki
(download info on the right side of the wiki)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h6ikqq2uit7jtUuvLYdmTL5XAzH7CzQ73xNJv_ogJzk/edit#gid=1189948676
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Gods
8ch.net/v/res/14406376.html
8ch.net/v/res/144063.html
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Eye_of_Mind.
youtube.com/watch?v=XjehlT1VjiU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Disgraceful.
Also you buggered up your last image, user.

these are just caps from previous threads to appease the anons who come back later and be like OMFG YOU DIDN"T POST XYZ! I think they are fairly useful but they are not mine and I don't know what your on about.

That god recommendation pic is a thumbnail you ninny.

ah shit that was a decent resource pic maybe the op will grace us with it, it seems I don't have it.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h6ikqq2uit7jtUuvLYdmTL5XAzH7CzQ73xNJv_ogJzk/edit#gid=1189948676

What is this, a picture for ants?

Am I fucked? I have a backup from six days ago but I really don't want to redo thirty hours of ancient book farming.

Are there any good sprite packages available to download?

After failing a lot with my first character I think I'm going to make a gene to start a new one, any advice for that as well?

You are actually going to whore yourself to all of the gods, it's too good for you to not do it. You will get 4025 + chump change to summon them on november in the Truce Ground for their Special reward, read the wiki: elona.wikia.com/wiki/Gods
Order:
1: Yacatect (for the Aureate Constricter)
2-n: whomever you want, don't really matter

Some actual useful tips for god offerings:
Yacatect:
Go to the slave trader
Buy mage slave
Rob him of his rings
Sell him back, repeat until you get 200~ish
Opatos:
Jure: (probably done second, since you can use christmass to change to Jure without the penalties)
Ctrl+D Lesimas walls and get the stuff, also, buy rocks from merchants.
Keep good ores, only give mica and stones, he likes them all equaly either way.
A cleared up Lesimas is good for material gathering (when it respawns eventually) and grinding pets affinity through kills
Also, Mining skill eventually unlocks a skill that clears the map, super usefull
Mani
Lulwy
Probably done last and second last, due to having to grind for weapons and there is no good trick for that, ammo is always heavy and bows/guns are too.
Just save all bows/guns through the game, you will likelly have enough by then, the issue is how to store them all. You will need 200ish of each
Ehekatl
Fishes, just go fishing
Get a rod and fish
Open the cold box, remove all fishies from it
Go to inventory, add the biggest stacks back into the cold box
Cook/Eat/Sell left overs (it means cursed/blessed/rotten fish, since those don't stack)
Get 4 stacks of 50, or any combination that totals 200.
Itzpalt
Kumiromi
You should have been farming, so you should have about 8 farms already
Just get all wands, use/eat all charges and offer the empty wands
Veggies work both cooked (not heavy) or rotten (and cooked rotten too)

But why get the Aureate Constricter?
Get yourself a whole lot of mica ore and stones
Buy all the inventory of any baker.
Equip the Aureate Constricter
Go to 'sell' and sell all stones, one at a time, just spam
Go to 'buy' and do the same

Repeat forever for 1373 Negotiation skill, eventually you will need more expensive items though.
You can whore your money back easier while at 4025 faith with Yacatect as a bonus

The only issue is where to get upwards of 250 plat coins to keep Negotiation skill % higher than 1%

Looks like its corrupted, unfortunately.
If you have no issues with cheating, there's a save editing program.

Here's a mega link for a folder I made to use every time the game updates.
Converting from bmp to jpg or png to upload here is too much work.
It contains better elemental death animations, user interface, and map tile sprites.
I don't use a NPC sprite sheet so you'll have to get that elsewhere.
There's also a custom music folder that's not complete, if you want it.
I added music from a mishmash of things that don't really mix together well. Backup your musiclist.txt if you don't like.
I'd use the vola but last I checked, the speeds were atrocious.
#F!XRp1kQ5J!VqoKsRpkP3OyzVnNkqS2dQ

>any advice
Before making a gene, spam wells to get wishes for nice items to pass on to effectively "save" wishes for your new character.
Wish for items like a happy bed, seven league boots, or a speed ring or something.
Beyond that, the beginner's guide and tips pages on the wiki is decent for getting general advice.

Probably. If this keeps happening I once had something similar. I think, and have no way to confirm this or really any way to tell outside "it feels right", that it might be caused by the game crashing in the middle of saving as it always occured when entering towns and things. It might (see qualifiers above) be caused by it callinga specific windows utility that is related to time and date and not finding it. Have you done anythign to your computer since you last played?
As for how to fix it, you can't. If you arn't paranoid or have (((nothing to hide))) or just didn't know windows has a previous versions feature that automatically enables rollback on files and folders. It dosn't update too often (once every 2 days or so, unsure) but you could try that. It has to have been enabled before this happened of course. The feature is under the properties setting of folders/files. If you are not on windows then your probably fucked and I feel sorry for you (because you're fucked not because you're not on windows).
As said before the likelyhood of it being caused by what I described above is extremely low and there are certainly more ways that your save could have been corrupted.
After the first time this happened I just kept a backup folder and every couple hours or whenever anything significant happened copied the save into it. You should delete the previous save before copying the new one over though as a merge will overwrite most data but since saves are mutiple files there is a possibility that the resulting save from a folder merge is not the same as either of the previous saves.

Bring items with you, such as Little girl corpses and monster balls filled with pets you want for your new life.
Little girls only have their spawn rate lowered when you kill them rather than anything else and it doesn't carry over to new game plus.

I think this might be helpful too.

[i]nteract with self > tag organization > bell
Holy shit.

Another advantage is that this simplifies the process of making custom ai for the pet because you don't have to take into acount movement actions. If target distance 1 attack(melee), if target distance != 1 attack(distance). If your pet can heal also allows them to always be near you / another pet.

Moon Gate rooms again when?

Once someone puts up another server

How do?

No idea, there were some people on the wiki who had a chat server up but it went down late last year. It was supposed to come back up but it seems like it never did.

Looks like it's possible to set up an easy chat server but from what I'm readin it'd take a patch of some kind to reenable Moon Gates. Feels bad man.

I wish that I would know. Even faggots on wiki don't know how to do that.

Not sure why but the entire last Elona thread was archived if someone missed 400 posts about Elona and want to catch up it's here. 8ch.net/v/res/14406376.html

This has happened to me twice when my computer took a shit in the middle of play and decided to black screen when I was having GPU problems. I can't really blame the game but not sure why the active save got corrupted. I habitually make a backup save every play session at least though so I only got fucked a couple hours. Sorry to hear of your loss.

are spellbooks of mutation available in elona+? i'm tryna make a for my dog and i need one for the recipe.

If they arn't available what would be the point in making a recipe for it? I think magic vendors sell them at medium/high invest levels (160 should do it).
But while on the topic of spellbooks are there any spellbooks of ressurection? All I found were books of ressurection which are too rare to be useful.

Thought that this might be useful.

If I made a mistake on it please tell me btw.

If anyone's having trouble finding a PCC they like, you could try looking for RPGMaker spritesheets. They're fairly similar.

Rogue Wizards from the slave master teach cooking

Shit… ok. I'll fix it.
Wizards of Elea don't seem to pass on their magic capacity for some reason. Tried a while back to get gardening from a vopal bunny and it didn't inherit either. Seems to be just those two though no idea why.

(Killer) Nurses teach gene engineering w/o custom.

Made a new one and found that mercenary wizards properly pass on magic capacity.
Thanks for the corrections.

Just used dimenstional fishing in a challenge quest without looking at the target. Turns out it was a cluster bombrock.

I should probably add that training magic capacity is the FASTEST way to increase Will.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

No luck. I think the folder backups are tied to system restore points and I never enabled those on my game drive.

Daily backups sound like a good idea suddenly.

It also makes ones with invisible enemies a snap, should you (or your pets) lack see invis.

besides 8ch.net/v/res/14406376.html
I located by accident another thread from my phone that was another archived thread..
8ch.net/v/res/144063.html
So, yeah 1000 or so posts on Elona greatness

So how's the grindan today adventurers?

well, Elona thread isn't too busy today, but I finally bought a palace so.. well nothing.

It's the ludus rain festival so I'm going around buying lighsabres and soda.

Is that the one in Noyel?

Is Noyel Ludus?

There is a festival in Noyel in the 12th month and a festival in Ludus in the 8th month. The Noyel one is the Festival of Jure, the Ludus one is the Rain Festival.

I'm grinding up Crossbows.
And I have to do it alone, because if I don't my wife is going to outscale me.

Put her on defensive mode using the directive spact or a command flag. This way you can level whilst still having a companion around incase shtf.

I have her on Call Familiar back up

What, you don't want a super-waifu?

She's already super waifu. I'm playing catch-up here.

Post stat sheet.

Identities hidden to protect the innocent.

what the fuck

How /jp/ is this?

Pretty /jp/ m8

Afking + this is a gene file, which carries over time played from the original file.

Fairly so.

My shaved ice has panties on it.
I'm scared for my save.

Dorfarm is now level 250, though since I'll be working soon, I won't have much time to waste to play this game.

Also here's my main pets so far. I haven't really been leveling anything else much.

Any tips on boosting stats fast? I'm going to start herbing shaved ice since I have enough potential potions for the potential gain to be less important than the stat gain. Also training stats and skills through heal critical and buff spamming next to the magic vendor, just a shame there is no way to increase spell potential faster than sleeping every now and again.

I've made a whole post dedicated to that here.

As for more advice, attribute increasing foods is the fastest way to improve your attibutes. Also make sure your pets have ALL the skills that allow them to gather shit so you can make even more potions of potential. Speed uppers are not too hard to find later on. And as for keeping up with skill potential, just keep grinding the shit out of PP.

I also recommend training learning to high numbers, since after level 100, leveling up will become MUCH faster, and you can use those extra skill points you gain from it into low potential skills up to 100% at least just to awaken their growth.

I've made like 50+ potentail potions, don't think ill get through them anytime soon. Attribute training either seems really slow or they don't train if there arn't any creatures nearby. I've been casting alot of will based skills while having the will exp buff and it hasn't raised once. It's at superb potential.

If you want to train Will quicky, train magic capacity with a (strong) healing spell. The more you hurt yourself with magic kickback, the more exp to will you gain. Just be sure you stop when you hear the heartbeat.

Iv'e been spamming every spell well into negative and then healing until it would kill me (or get too close for comfort) but it must be really slow to train. Nice post btw, very informative.

Also once you get to the third act, and somehow manage to get the Glasses of Yacatect, attribute training becomes much simpler.

Also superb doesn't mean max potential. It means potential at 200-400%, and without the glasses of yacatect, it's impossible to tell where it's exactly at.

But of course in order to get them you have to kill a level 250 god on the third act, which is easier said than done.

I'm in the third act but nowhere near powerful enough to take out karavika. Do skills by anychance give more exp toward their attribute the higher they are? Because that might be the issue as I'm the guy who only just decided to start casting magic so the related skills are somewhat low whereas the stats are in the low hundreds.
the potential is almost certainly in the 300+ range because I drank a potion while it was alwready at superb.

The stronger the technique/spell you use, the more exp the attribute will gain. Like for example something like cure minor wound will give little will exp per cast, but if you spam something expensive like uncurse, you're going to get a ton of will exp, and again it depends on the attribute potential.

You can have like 0 potential in a skill/spell and the attribute will still gain exp as normal, as long as IT has potential .

You also get attribute exp by performing special actions like Blood Stream or Reading Party.

I take it higher skill levels will train attributes more. Like a level 5 skill / spell will give less exp than the same skill / spell at level 10. I think that's my problem.
It seems a bit op if the attributes still train at the same speed regardless of what skill / spell potential is, will have to exploit as hard as possible.

Nope, skill and attribute gain remains consistent no matter what level. though higher level spells will help train magic easier since you're putting more MP into a spell.

Second try

What mainly effects skills and attributes is potential and your patience, nothing more.

Fucking hell, then it really does just take forever.

Good news, a recent Elona+ change made it so the grind doesn't get any worse beyond level 300 for skills.

If I wanted my cupid of love to mist casters exclusively, how would I go about programming it?

Yes it does, here's my attributes and skills currently. As you can tell, it takes much longer to train skills than attributes.

You can't, the most decision-making they can make based on different types of enemies is by checking what buffs the enemy currently has.

Would it be a better idea to get her to mist everyone on sight then?

You could do that, yes.
I personally apply mist by myself.

Also healing and meditation are the easiest skills to level, but they do not train their respected attibutes, and cannot be trained beyond them.

They do train them, but by a really fucking tiny amount.

You can target enemies depending on class for the custom ai iirc. But since it won't switch targets until the current target is dead it's kinda useless anyway. Just make it mist the enemy unti it has the hex and then attack/do whatever.

Any idea what literacy I need to safely read crystal spear (magic laser) books?

Not sure if it's possible, if mist is a unique debuff.

Try buff and not status, it's in there.

I suggest forming reading parties if you want to safely read any book.

Takes way too much stamina to get through massive amounts of them for spell level grinding.

Actually, I guess it is a good idea for the difficult ones as the rest are only buff spells (mainly anyway) so I'll just read those while recovering stamina. thanks for reminding me that reading party exists.

It trains learning really quickly though for everyone involved.

What's a good first god to have? Mani for the shotgun?

My first god is Mani, I'm level 40 and haven't finished it yet. The shotgun is good but not worth the grind probably, the android is a good pet but still doesn't seem better than say a little girl (who is a warrior by default). I have the gem but I always forget to use it. I would pick a god you can grind easily early game like that cuck that takes substandard ores or the bitch who likes fish.

How is Opatos a cuck? I thought he was a pretty strong dude.

Personally I'd go jure first because defender is a pretty good pet with some really nice unique abilities and the prayer of jure special actions is one of the best in the game until you have spells that outclass it (and even then it has unique properties, it just won't be as valuable if you have another source of powerful healing). Opatos should also be taken early as the golden knight has some pretty big benefits. The andoid has no notable features which is a shame. Lulwy's pet, the black angel, can become the fastest mount in the game.

Probably Ehekatl for the amazing luck. Paired with the cat licking stuff you end up with retardedly OP equipment at all times. Not to mention the easy money

Wait what cat licking stuff?

The black cat pet has an ability which triggers upon it killing an enemy that when the enemy drops an item will give the item a random bonus enchantment and the "it is blessed by ehekatl" attribute (presumably there as a check to see if the ability has been used on that item alwready). It's flavor text is that the cat licks the item to bless them.

I'm new and retarded at this game, what does # mean exactly? I'm assuming its some sort of bonus to skills or something but I see it on gear and next to skills on the skill page just not sure what it helps with

Every # sign is basically another level in the skill. So if something had like [Deals Nether Damage ###], it's third level. The more, the better. Or worse, if cursed.

This setup works some of the time, but after she lands mist she just bugs out.

Attached: Untitled.png (684x488, 54.12K)

this reminds me that it's time to rewrite my pet's AI to start casting cure light wounds now that I have it at 50.. -.- cat slut bless me

This might work better:
>Self HP Target Distance Target Distance

Actually, I just realized that it can be simplified:
>Self HP Target Distance Target Distance

I have an issue where mine bugs out all the time, like she'll just stand there trying to figure out what to do. All I have is if the target is 1 space away, melee, if further than that, use ranged. Sometimes when a target appears, she'll stand there looking confused and I'll get the message that she doesn't know how to respond based on the instructions I've given her.

Thanks, seems to work perfectly now. Could also use some tips in converting this to work in elona.

Attached: harpy_monster_girl_sprite_by_tsarcube-d3hf0po.png (206x256, 20.94K)

Just realized I cut off some of her wing when attempted to juryrig it, damnit.

Hey, so I'm downloading Elin alpha right now. Anyone hyped, anyone played it?
I always loved Rune Factory and I do have a few hundred hours on Elona, but it feels like it could take decades before this game will deliver.
Also, it is made in Unity, only Japanese and it reuses lots of sprites from the original game. Thoughts?

Attached: Elin.png (1920x1080, 822.33K)

Does the number of hands a pet has affect how many unarmed attacks they get?

yes, that is why people fuse more hands onto pets but recently they nerfed absolute high-end multi-hits.

hmm…hard to comment based on this screen shot.

does anyone know tf distracted is? it happens for 1000 and it comeback soon after disappearing. i cna't find anything about it on the wiki. im on elona plus 1.73

sorry for being a homo

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 917.63K)

You did drugs probably. There is a bug in some version where they introduced it that stacks thousands of turns of the debuff onto you so your probably fucked.

tyty

Had this drop for me - what's the best way to develop it? The Godly attribute seems pretty awesome (Proximity Assist seems to kick ass when I'm meleeing… though I may be getting it confused with Interlocking Shooting Mechanism).

Some sort of material kit is a given, but then what bonuses do I go for? A while back I heard the only decent one was add magic damage, but I don't know if that's still the case. I've never really levelled up a living weapon before.

Attached: livingballista.png (803x624, 515.49K)

What does proximity assist do? Also this is the first time I've seen a viable ballista.

I've never developed a living weapon before but these should be a good idea:
Change it to adamantium and then upgrade it to +15 using smith and and stardust.
After upgrading to +15 start stacking enchant levels onto it (make sure that the weapon is acidproof).
Alternatly just add magic damage.
Use a craft repair kit on it aswell, this will decrease the negative accuracy.
If you plan to give it to a pet you can make it into ether and get more damage out of it.
Marksman skill or stats like speed and perception might be good too.

Invoke like effect that deals damage based on tactics and causes a short (2 turn) defence penalty to the opponant. Ignores PV.

Yeah, apparently it can only activate off a normal melee attack though. But the damage is decent.

From what I hear most living weapon options have diminishing returns the more you select them, so I might go full +enchant levels unless anyone with more experience has a better idea.

I might change it to ether rather than adamantium if the damage increase is worth it. I have a billion cure corruption potions at home (never understood why people place such emphasis on this, corruption is so slow in this game). Problem is, I'm in a sweet spot at the moment where I have one corruption, the -DV and +DMG one. I was planning to try to keep it by waiting until I have 3 ether mutations and then drinking an unblessed potion to remove two of them (keeping the first one) but that sounds like it'll be a frequent PITA if I combine it with ether equipment.

Oh, can I use that 'Hard Equip Update' pot of fusion recipe to change it into a repeating bow? And if so would that be better than keeping it a ballista?

Actually, disregard that about the ether - I just remembered I'm already using Moonblade (wish I could find something better) - so I'll be dealing with that problem either way. I've just been keeping it in check with Sheena's Panty.

It seems ether equips drastically speed it up during ether wind so unequip it during that time (not like you're not gonna run anyway). I've always hated the fact that cure corruption healed two and not one, makes keeping violence and feathers (and rain, but thats a personal preference) a pain in the arse. fortunatly in act two you can use the ancient garden to speed up the ether disease and drink a potion then. As for the protection for etherwind equipment if it's still anything like before equipping one protective and one ether gear would slow it down more than no protective and no gear. It used to be (and maybe still is) that it was equivalent to two ether equips. An ether weapon with protection from etherwind dosn't look impossible either so that would be real useful.
It says that the craft repair kit reduces the the penalty so at ether you'd (according to the spreadsheet I have, might be outdated but probably not) be sacrificing around +1 hit bonus for 4 average damage by keeping it a ballista. I would still do it though because the inherant poison damage of the repeating bow will outdamage it and it has more consistant damage which may be more important, especially if the differences are that small.

The enchant bonuses will probably outdamage and out accuracy any other enchantment you can put on it, it jsut seems a bit impermanant since you can't get them back should they ever be lost somehow. I don't think there are any other ways besides acid that this can happen but it still makes me hesitant to pick it.

Disregard what I said about poison damge, it seems that the equip update conserves all attributes so I'm not sure it would be added (pretty sure it wouldn't be).

Thanks user, I appreciate you going so indepth. I'm not so worried about losing the enchant level (as you say, beside Acid I can't see it ever being a thing) so I'll go mostly with that, and maybe one pick of Increase Critical Chance (and Slay Gods? Most difficult enemies seem to be gods).

Probably gonna go with an Ether Ballista, both for the light weight and damage. Here's hoping I find a godly amulet later on that protects from Etherwind.

I wouldn't put increased crit as it caps and combines with minds eye (at 900 minds eye it becomes useless). It also dosn't increase it by a whole lot (.005% per 50 enchant strength) and caps at 15.0% with 1500 attribute strength.
Additional enchant levels probably add more chance to hit and damage than one addition of increased crit.
Slay anything (gods, dragons and undead) add flat 50% bonus damage against their type regardless of attribute.

*regardless of attribute strength that should be

Ah, good to know. Guess I'll go 6 levels of + enchant, 1 Slay Gods, and 1 Slay Dragons. 50% bonus damage sounds pretty decent. Never really had a problem with any undead monsters so I'll skip that one.

Never realised +Crit was such a useless attribute - I'd been prizing that on my gear. I'm guessing that cap is across all my equipment, rather than each individual piece? And while someone who obviously knows the mechanics is here, what's the difference between Crit and Piercing Attacks? Is the +Pierce attribute any better than the Crit one?

Anyway, for the benefit of any other anons like myself who don't know what the fuck they're doing with living weapons, here's what I'm doing, in order. I'll post my results in the next thread or so, but based on what this other guy is saying it sounds like it'll turn out pretty well.

Absolute piercing attacks ignore the dice portion of PV reduce % reduction to one third during the calculation and apply a defence penalty if the target lives. 100% pierce weapons (only the and lightsabers) emulate this effect except for the penalty applied to PV if the target lives.
The increased crit from the attribute is summed across your gear I think. The particulars on how crit chance is affected by minds eye, equip attributes and weapon weight etc. can be found at elona.wikia.com/wiki/Eye_of_Mind.
The blood sucking attribute isn't that bad and allows you to train healing when it occurs. There is equipment (even a static artifact, the crimson plate) which heavily diminishes bleeding through the "it diminishes bleeding" attribute. It's worth leveling it past that.

You can't get absolute pierce on a living weapon unless it's generated with it btw.

You can if you do it in the 7th month - or at least, you could in previous versions (I saw it on the level-up menu when I was messing around). Perhaps you can't anymore. This was around 1.68 or so.

Here's how it's looking now. The damage is nice - accuracy's not terrible, but not great. But then again, my Crossbow skill is about 1/4th of my Longsword skill, so I imagine that's a big factor there. Time to dismiss my pets and turn into a walking crossbow turret while I train up.

As far as the bleeding thing goes - is there a 'sweet spot' or anything like that? Or a point where so much bleeding is added that it gets too much to deal with? I have the Crimson Plate, though I was considering swapping it out for the Asteroid Belt.

Attached: lvl5.png (803x624, 458.39K)

Did you craft repair it?
Also I'm an idiot. Absolute pierce can be added. Eac weapon can have at most 1 rank 99 attribute, of which absolute pierce is one, excluding "the enemy dies" and the grenade weapon invoke. I just didn't register that a living weapon wouldn't already have on for some reason.
The asteroid belt does seem much better in terms of defensive ability but you can get diminishes bleed on neck and waist slot equips.
By the way proximity assist weapon is a rank 99 attribute also so in your case you can't add absolute pierce. If it comes up in the list please save, backup your game and see what happens when you pick it.

It happened to be in my list right as you posted, so here you go. Is Absolute Pierce worth keeping, or is it low payoff in the way you described the crit one as being?

And yeah, I craft repaired it. Haven't used my flying scrolls on it yet though (I want to get back down to Light armour if I can), though I suppose that's moot as they don't affect damage anymore.
If I ever find a necklace with Protects from Etherwind and Diminishes Bleeding I'll have the perfect set-up, but I won't hold my breath.

Attached: absolutepierce.png (801x623, 461.28K)

maybe it was because living weapons couldn't add rank 99s in previous versions then. As for keeping there dosn't appear to be any information on the chance to throw an absolute piercing attack so I couldn't tell you, sorry. It is really powerfull when it triggers but if the chance isn't great then meh. If you backed up you could wizard mode and sandbag something to see roughly how often it triggers (if you do also spawn an objet of heart so we can see the enchantment strength).

You can also drastically reduce the DV penalty at the cost of 4 points in average damage and the 5 speed if you change it to adamantium. It'd be retardedly heavy though.

Like 64.8s heavy

anyone know if you can get a jewel core of nefia that protects against thieves?

Anyone know of any fast ways you can get pets, especially mounts, to catch up with you? I need to level a black angel to around 75 before she becomes viable in the current dungeons.

Let them kill shit and teach them Pickpocket.
Train pets in smaller groups to reduce the spread of exp.
Maybe make sure they have good Life so they don't die to heavy attacks.

Currently trying to level the kaneda bike to train riding which turns out to be a pain. Mounts in general don't seem to gain a lot of exp which makes me wonder if it's even a good idea to use them. Lulwys trick + speed + boost mount seems nice but if you can't get them to gain exp you constantly have to get off to train them. I'm primarily looking for good ways to give them skill exp though since level is averaged when gene engineering you can boost it high quite fast if you have high level monsterballs.

How do I train magic device quickly? Is spamming rods really all one can do?

In elona+ using potions also raises it.
After raising it to level 30 you gain dupli-cane.
With it you can use stamina to use rods.

I actually just remembered about dupli-cane and looked the requirements up. Turns out it's 30 alchemy and I already had it without knowing about it.
Do rods train control magic? Because if so that would be a really easy way to catch up on that at the same time.

Nope.
It's only trained, when your allies are in range of your AoE spells.

Well that sucks.

What does teaching them pickpocket do?

Allows the pet to gain a fraction of the gold from any entity it kills. At even small levels it allows them to look after their own potential staying at 400% alot of the time so it's pretty great.

I just deleted my "you lied to me" post because I thought I fucked up the post number.
So you lied to me

I gave my kanaeda bike a machine gun and it's doing just fine, other slots mostly speed items as much as possible.

This is misleading. AoE rods do train control magic, assuming allies are in the area of effect. It trains the control magic skill of both you and your pets.

I'm using a rod of eclipse to slowly grind my way to enough MD to dominate a Kali, and my control magic has risen shitloads in the process.

I'm around level 28, can someone tell me what I should be doing to get stronger? All I really do at this point is run around with my two pets and dungeon crawl.

That's fucking shameful, user.

How do I dip my sword in poison?

if that would be possible.. it would be "B" for mixing a potion with an item.

Quick question - in the Wild Arms music pack, what is the track that plays after you defeat a boss? There's like a victory theme, and then there's another that plays that has the classic western whistle followed by some chanting. Can't seem to find it.

youtube.com/watch?v=XjehlT1VjiU from 0:26 onwards.
Now, if you could tell me where WA_Home2.mp3 is from I'd love to know, because I have NEVER been able to track its source down years later. It's obviously Wild Arms, but I can't find where exactly it's from.

Awesome, thanks user. I'll dl the music pack and see if I can figure out the source on the track.

Dipping weapons would be pretty funny.

The closest track I found to it pops up in wild arms 4, but it's not even close to the same tune. I searched through WA1-5 ost's, but I didn't find it in any of them. Granted I only looked at tracks that were around ~3:00. There's also no metadata on the mp3 itself, so no help there. Maybe it's not actually from Wild Arms?

The whistle section is 100% Adlehyde Castle, that much I can say.
The second section is… incredibly familiar, but nothing from the original Wild Arms soundtrack near as I can tell. It's eternally frustrating.

Attached: sg.jpg (1280x720, 67.21K)

weapon gains have nothing to do with specific months. I have several living weapons and when more than 1 can level up at the same time, they always have different options, except the first one being the +4.

to be clear, yes they reset every month, but no, a specific month does not give specific bonuses.

Just downloaded Elona+. Anything I should keep in mind?

Make your character, play the game, make mistakes, come back here when you're stuck, then remake a new one while being better informed.

Pick the little girl.

Always identify precious (unique, generally quest only) items asap.
Never kill a Little Sister.

Other than those two things there's not much you can do that will permanently fuck you over.

You do realize that rabbit ranches give your luck stat a fastest growing rate with just one ranch right?

why life

I swear to god this fucking retard has died from these fountains more often than in dungeons at this point

Attached: dd9fca0f48846147a30268d62d5ffd34c6102f2b99158f1927257bec840a9394.jpg (418x576, 54.54K)

It seems like they never drop tails though even if I rub the shit out of them

I had the same problem I gave up on rabbit ranching and went back to chickens for more eggs.

I think you need to butcher them to get rabbit tails.

I remember an user in these threads once said the tails won't drop if the rabbits are farmed, just like other creature unique drops like loot and such.

I remember a tail dropping on like the second rabbit kill but that was the only time it ever happened

In the wild I think the tail drop is like 1% it's likely this remains the same unlike guaranteed meet and skin drops.

For anyone still interested I've had both the unknown shell and rabbit tails drop from ranched hermit crabs / rabbits. I think the drop rate is just drastically reduced when the creature a breeder offspring.

This is on 1.75.

I've updated to Elona Plus 1.76 (fix) and Elona custom 1.76 (fix).. feels good to be free of that ###+ = "hurts" on items.

Is it possible to play this game with just a mouse? Or is a numpad required?

No. It isn't that hard.
Just use Z button for menu with all commands, X to examine and C for character screen.
No, but it's helpful in diagonal movement though.

I play it with a joystick, it just works.
It was annoying to set up macros to use the hotkey assigned skills, tough, but it's better than navigatring the menu every time I wanna get buffed up.