Product Placement in games

archive.is/tOJcS
Tactical clothing company 5.11 extends product placement with Ubisoft.

Other than SWAT 4 and Homefront, has any video game had guns as product placement?

Literally Arma and GTA

Is that misshapen blob supposed to be a controller?

CUPPO NOODAROO FIEFTIN

what game had the Obama billboards?

This product deal apparently extended much farther than just FF15. They're currently selling Dissidia branded cup noodle.

Actual gun licensing is pretty rare in vidya because A.) vidya and real guns have a bad stigma, B.) weapons manufacturers don't really market to the audience that plays vidya C.) it'd probably cost the gamedevs a shitload and D.) there's probably some laws in cali or other libshit states about 'marketing guns to kids'.

And 5.11 makes some good stuff. Own a few pairs of their pants. recommend galls.com if you ever need any of that shit

t. gamedevanon

Have you ever played a game made by the Yakuza team, user? Product placements for fucking days. Even Binary Domain had one of the characters eating cup noodles on camera during a cutscene

a bunch of mid late 2000s ea games like nfs carbon and burnout paradise had the onigger ads on them

do you fags actually eat that shit? why cup noodles smell so bad? and they noodles are thinner and have a weird taste why eat cup noodles when you can just make regular noodles and it taste better

Fuck no I don't eat that trash. It's barely even food. Seriously, read the nutritional information on the package - it's the same as eating paper.

Is there a difference between that brand and Maruchan? I think I've had the latter before and they were okay.

Because that shit is designed to be able be cooked in 2 minutes.

only noodles I eat is the Samyang 2X Spicy Hot Chicken Flavor Ramen…

No idea, user. Only protip given to me by a friend who lived in Japan for years is to only buy Japanese brands that were made in Japan. Anything else is shit. And instant noodles are pretty shit to begin with.

Arma reached the next level and started shilling calibers instead
I can't think of any other franchise that actually shilled specific manufacturers rather than just their firearms. Fucking CMMG logos front and center on every single NuNATO rifle.

Maruchan tastes better imo.

The packs that you boil in a pot > instant noodles

Cup Noodle has thinner noodles and much more conventional (similar to stock) flavor powder
Maruchan has thicker, usually more rich noodles with their very characteristic flavor powder

Maruchan has better shrimp flavor, and also better beef, but Cup Noodle has the superior chicken and miso flavors
It highly depends on your region, as amerifat and japanese versions taste different (my experiences are with latin and american flavors)

You are going to fare much more better if you make them on your won. Buy separated ramen noodles and beef rib powder flavors, cut some mushrooms, onions and broccoli, place some leftover beef and there you go. Tedious but better, obviously not as good as real nips.

Had to do it, m8s.

Leaked announcement for the final FFXV DLC and postgame superboss.

Probably the only time this will ever be relevant.

And is that legal?

you know what you fucking need?

take sauce pan and start boiling your water. While that shit's steaming you take your chicken and cut it into strips, mix that with some diced onion, cabbage, and green onions, but save some of the green onions. Mix that with just a tiny bit of water and take the packet from the noodles and mix that shit up with it. Get a pan with some vegetable oil simmering and put your stir fry in there. Your water should be boiling now, take your egg and crack it in there, that's called poaching but who cares. when your stirfry is looking pretty nice you should take your now poached egg out and this is where you can choose to either slice it up and mix it with the stirfry or just slump it on the finished product. At this point i boil my noodles and stirfry together but you could just cook the noodles then mix it in.

There, a delicious lunch or dinner that costs less than 5 bucks. Make it in bulk and pack some for lunch and make your coworkers jealous. Or just make that godawful sweet sundae ramen, either way you'll probably die before you're 25 you worthless sack of shit.

Let's go OG.

fuck that shit.

Everybody wants ramen until it's time to do ramen shit.

I will make it *LEGAL*.

Is that image supposed to prove it didn't happen, because the game came 3 years earlier? Presidential campaigns last fucking forever, and the billboards in said games were updated via the Internet, and the games' multiplayer modes and in-game ads were maintained for many years. It's entirely possible they put campaign ads in the fucking games.

What a bunch of faggots.

That sounds like a pain in the neck though. Instant ramen tastes good enough as-is.

The trick to cooking instant ramen is to add water, wait 2-3 minutes, stir, then let it sit for another 10-15 minutes. The noodles absorb much of the broth, which totally changes their taste and texture.

There's multiple news articles about it.

I bet you faggots pronounce Rah-men Rah-moon-eh

Samyang makes dope ramen but the problem is your stomach is gonna hate you for eating that trash.

No, that's this stuff.

This thread can go to hell. Use a vidya related image next time.

But I am not a gay user :^)

do guns count as products?

why are these ads so genial?

Arma 3 does have CMMG stamped on the NATO receivers, but there's no gun product placement in GTA.

I'm sure most user know this but Maru-chan means round child, it's kind of sounds like it's mocking it's customers.

Every single thing about FF15 involves shilling

Well they had to user, it was in development for fucking fifty years or whatever.

Get a load of this faggot.

All they did was develop ads for that century in development. From the clothes they wear to the cars they drive are all product placement shit.

I really don't mind this stuff as long as it fits the setting. No reason there shouldn't be a KFC in the middle of a modern city.

having real locations in crazy taxi makes it more absurd and by extension more fun.

This user gets it.

Burger King in the middle of a modern city is fine.

Conspicuous ad for a modern product in a sci fi space colony? Pig disgusting.

But the best way is to not have any real world companies at all and do what GTA does and actually build brands that are tailored to your game universe so you can do whatever the fuck you want with them.

Black Ops II had a aircraft carrier called the USS Obama.

Don't forget the food.

I feel the Red Bull ad would work as long as they made a futuristic version of the logo. The giant coca-cola ad is a classic moment in Blade Runner, after all. It works because it's something familiar, yet different.

They made an entire game to promote fucking Skittles once, it's actually not too bad.

Yeah, sure, I can agree with that. Problem is it's a bit of a catch-22. The company with the logo you want to use only really gets a benefit from you using their current logo (the one people know).

Not to mention the company that owns the logo could have all sorts of bullshit stipulations for how their logo is used - like 'We don't want any blood splatter ever hitting it' or 'Don't have it in the background and visible when a crime is being committed', etc.

That's different, user. Those are closer to advertisements than they are games. (Cool-Spot, PepsiMan, etc.)

There was Sobe energy drink advertising in Oddworld Munch's Oddyssey, The Vendo machine would give you full health, but few people knew what Sobe even was, and considering all the other Vendo machines in the game, people didn't seem to realize it was even an ad.

I love how disproportionately high rez those marketing images had to be in older games.

I never even saw Sobe drinks until years after I played this game. I guess the advertising worked because I tried one of them.
Not bad tbh

It's used for military training, so ofc they will shill gun manufacturers.

Is Pikmin 2 the only game where the product placement actually makes the game more immersive?

And the director behind it embezzled money. Textbook literary misdirection.

It was even more retarded there than in most games.

Don't forget the chiquita banana stage in monkeyball.

Not in a game but an anime since I was reminded of it from OP's pic Akiba Trippers had an anime where they had a whole episode about Street Fighter V. It was embarrassing how they needed to advertise on an already poor and janky show that it already was.

That episode was pretty fun. The games themselves had product placement all over to make Akiba look more realistic.

That at least has an excuse of being modern real-world in setting. Seeing the likes of American Express in something like Final Fantasy XV is immersion breaking.

The sheer amount of product placement in Yakuza makes it even less likely to be ported to PC due to the nightmare it would be to replace all the branded assets with unbranded ones or get re-licensed. They had to edit Kiryu's fucking shoes for one of the ports because they couldn't get the license for the brand.

Tarkov is just one big product placement.

Potential wasted.

Please fuck off nogunz

Bullets are expensive. 2 dollars for 1 3.08 round.
They are also loud as fuck even with violators just like the JollyKhazar movies

You're full of shit and retarded.

Try a bit of paprika sometime, shit's nice in noods.

It's possible, but only for highly specialized shit. Either buying one box of some super consistent stuff like Black Hills and including the shipping+tax cost, or using something exotic in the construction like Tungsten (I think 2 bucks is the army's price for each of their new super duper penatrators). Blasting ammo is way less (sub 50 cents now for Maylasian surplus 7.62x51).

does this count?

Pretty sure this does.

SOAP in Sonic Adventure 2 was the most blatant, but I only ever found out they were an actual brand like at least a decade after the game launched (blame it on not being a burger).
Though the only relevant product placement ever will always be in anime.

user, most people who eat Raman outside of Japan are NEETs or poorfags. Barring autismbux, do you expect either of those camps to have a spare hundred dollars laying around?

Isn’t gun licensing the reason why Ocelot doesn’t use his Colt SAA’s in The Phantom Pain?

What about World Gone Sour? Iirc it had a plotline.

Pretty sure some Splinter Cell game had NIVEA products. I think it was 3.