Bloodborne

Bloodborne is free this month on PS+. If you haven't played it on your BloodborneStation, now's your chance. This is probably the only time you'll ever see them giving away a good game. If anyone wants some coop help this is a good place to ask too.

If you have played it before, now's the perfect time to invade.

I've had a lot of fun invading in Cathedral Ward with a lvl43 Papa G build. Closing all the gates on people and then getting them with a visceral as they fight the giant is very satisfying.

Also, why do Chalice Dungeons suck so much? I just want my beast claws but I have to go through so many layers of the same shit and farm for pointless materials.

But then you'll have to pay for PS+ for all eternity or Daddy Sony takes it away

did insight actually make you see more shit?

If you're gonna goy it up to get a PS4 in the first place, may as well go full goy.

It's also on sale for $25 for the GOTY if you want that.

Besides. You can finish the game in a month can't you? Just don't resubscribe and keep your shekels all to yourself.

You're in the know, right? yes

Best track coming through.

Pay $25 and have the game forever OR pay $10 for a month for it to be taken away after.
I don't see how the later deal is cheaper than the first one.

Last night the servers were shitting themselves like the fuckin' red moon just came down. People getting kicked out with a lost connection the split second the game loads. Might be from the spurt in activity.

I still want that goddamned attribute reallocation and appearance change. The game has a lot of things that could be improved but I feel this is the most glaring one. I'm not asking for a DaS2-3 system where I change the build every 20m, I just want to fix some of my builds.

I don't think it would be so bad if it weren't for the fact that every good build required farming the CD. Fuck doing that on more than one character.

How does the system in DaS2-3 work? I've only played DeS, DS and BB

How the hell do you keep Valtr alive during the Lawrence fight? I just need one more vermin.
Also when does A Call Beyond get good? I'm 66 arcane and I'm still not doing much damage.

I've done it seven goddamned times. I love the game, It's IMHO the most solid single player game in the extended series, a real joy to solo from start to finish except for the motherfuckin' dungeons. Once, sure. Twice, it can still be fun. More than that and it's a goddamned chore.
In DaS2-DaS3 you have items that you present to a NPC and it lets you reassign your stats. In DaS2, they're very plentiful while in DaS3 it's 5 uses per cycle but there's a bug that lets you use them indefinitely. DaS3 also adds appearance change.

Why do you need that to earn your bucket? Just slap the Impurity rune and go help someone on an easy boss.

When you're Micolash and your ACB has zero start up, perfect homing and is a one hit kill. Otherwise, you're stuck with that slow, weak shit that can't hit the side of a barn.

When you don't have PS+.

Makes sense. You could even have a good lore reason for it in Bloodborne, something about blood ministration.

Now I feel silly. I'll check my goy privilege from now on.
I wager you got 3 from the Hunters and 1 from Ludwig, right? According to the wikia, the fifth is indeed earned in that fight. Judging by your other observation, I take it you're using a ARC build? That's definitely a uphill battle. Both Laurence and the Orphan have very high resistances to everything but physical damage; I think Laurence is weak to Serration (+20% damage). Is using a serrated weapon on him for phase 1 something that could be viable for you and then spam phase 2 with tools? I think Accursed Brew will give you more bang for your quicksilver than ACB.

They don't even need to make new assets for it. Just set a price (echoes, Insight, whatever) and have the Doll do it.
I think the problem is that both Sony and From need to be on board for it to happen.

Saw this on Twitter a few days ago, could be fun

Reminder if you need summons, NPC or other players, to beat a boss you're doing it wrong.

not quite, it remains associated to your account, you just can't play it and they made it so you need ps+ for online anyway

I just need to be able to take Lawrence down quickly once he reaches his 3 phase because Valtr won't stay out of the fucking lava. Maybe I need to get the bell so I can keep him healed up.
I got him down to 10 or 20% just by staying back and using Blacksky Eye. I'm convinced that I can take him out if I maximize my bullets.
Fuck me. I have almost nothing in any other damage stat. Maybe I should try to grind skill up to 25. That would help with visceral attacks too.

No, and fuck off. Not even Bloodmeme is good enough to justify attaching that wallet leech, even if just temporarily.

By the way, how's it feel to have the monthly fee raised yet again faggots? Yeah, the money you pay hasn't increased - but they're taking away the PS3 and Vita games (which you got to keep indefinitely) so they're saving a shit-ton of costs on licensing games for their "service" and hey fuck passing the savings on to you dumb bastards.

God Damnit.

The motherfucker ate a werewolf, he should be the one damaging the lava. The Bell might be a good idea.

My modest two cents - soldier on and don't sacrifice your build because of one cunt. If you've the slot to spare, put on Clawmark for a visceral boost.
And on the subject of runes, kinda sucks that the better ones are in random dungeons. Those without PS+ gotta go spelunking on their own.

is the dlc worth it?

Yes. It doubles the armory, redeems ARC builds, makes the Beast Claw a lot better and adds something for STR-BT. The areas themselves are pretty good too and there's 5 bosses. Unless you count the Lost Crowns Trilogy as one, it's the most complete DLC they put out.

Currently downloading it now.
I cant wait to finally play bloodborne on the bloodbourne-station.
I'll see some of you fags there.

Seems the servers are stable again. Gonna be horsing around, helping out at assorted spots (mostly DLC), if anyone in the 120 range needs help lemme know.

kill yourself sonygger

Peecee master race fag mad because he can't get to play bloodbourne.
Your salt gives me strength, cuck.

did anyone see the bloodborne comic that came out?

If you own a ps4 god knows why you wouldn't have bloodborne already

Not him but I own both a PS4 and Bloodborn and he is correct, it is retarded to say a feature you pay for is free.
Part of what you are paying for with PS+ is a monthly demo.
Also
Enjoy having your identity stolen.

This is a very good point. Who the hell would own a PS4 and not Bloodborn.

This raises the question of what you were doing with your bloodborne machine if you didn't have bloodborne?
Door stop?
watching bluerays?
netflix or some other good goy streaming service?
paperweight?
cutting board?
I really searching here let me know.

I dont have ps+ but you can just buy those prepaid cards so you dont need to give sony your credit card

Can't speak for him but I was using it to plat Nioh before I got BB.

Yakuza and Gravity Daze.

FFXV when people though it was going to Sony Exclusive even though XIII was on 360?
Final Fantasy 7 remake that will probably not even be on PS4 known Squares current track record?
Kingdom Hearts?
Oh wait, I know, The Last Guardian.

I can understand Yakuza, but Gravity Daze?

and

are correct. It's one thing to own a PS4 for access to some games which aren't on PC. But you have to be a special breed of stupid to sign up for PS+ or be fooled into thinking their "Game of the Month", or I guess "Game rental of the Month" now is some kind of special deal or worthwhile service that Sony provides.

They're just leeching you for cash, because you're dumb enough to allow them to get away with the soft extortion of holding peer to peer multiplayer hostage behind a paywall.

Good taste in vidya, user.

Gravity rush is a fantastic game, If I didnt already own a bloodborne station four I would of eventually got one to play Gravity rush 2

Why isn't the fucking DLC at a Discount? I already own the fucking game, and the game+DLC have been lower than the the stand alone DLC, why not just put the DLC at a discount? It's baffling.

Implying
Are all shit, additionally
Are All Multiplats

Holy shit get this trash out of here you fucking sonygger.

DLC is discounted to $10. At least it is in 'Straya

Naw, I just hid most of the garbage games towards the end of the list so they didn't show up. I don't own lease enough digital games or VR shit to hide them as effectively. Hence EVE, The Order, Uncharted, etc.

Wow, look at all those shit games and multiplats truly this is the power of the PS4.

w-wat do anons? i can't do both
Because From wanted to pad gametime instead of adding meaningful gameplay modes into the game, i mean just look at the potential of an underground fighting club, or an undergound boss-rush type of mode where you can choose what bosses you'll get or shuffle the boss deck. I mean anything is better than copy & paste dungeon # 14426 with Bell Bitches (along with her bazillion homing spiders) and summons that only lasts 1 fucking layer.Yeah that's right they had the potential to have a dungeon where you could have teamed up with a buddy or friend of yours to complete the whole dungeon together, but then your summon fucking disappears and you have to summon it again.
Bloodborne is an almost-flawless gem, however the sheer tediousness of maximizing builds leaves it alot to be desired. Its also abit lacking on post-story content

Its only good against large enemies whom also weak against arcane damage, so you're better off using the executioner's gloves / blacksky eye if you want a consistent damage

Hey, fuck ♂ you ♂ buddy i use summons to get through the chalice dungeon slug since its fucking horrible.

we had a bloodborne thread a month back or so and the same chart was posted

Fuck you,i'll summon if i want to,it's not like the boss is exactly easier since you can get somebody worse then yourself and end up wasting your fucking time.

I have a burger account and every time I check it's the same price, 20 freedom bucks.

I guess that's what you get for nuking japan twice

The Living Failure's theme was much more underrated tbh, too bad the boss fight was a joke

considering how central the the multiplayer is to the souls games and the fact that they become rather easy with co-op, could it be that its not that the souls games are difficult, its that everyone seems to be playing them the wrong way? That is to say without co-op.

I have a burger account, not that I was a burger, I also have a yuropeen account, but I don't have any money in them, and I'm not about to give sony my credit card number, I only bought once their trading card or what ever is called.

Don't forgot that it also reccomends NISA games.

The Gravity games really are something special. Reading the interviews from the director and team members really make it obvious how much of a labor of love it was. Really unique gameplay with absolutely fantastic art style/design and music. Kat is also super cheerful and precious. Once PS4 piracy takes off I strongly reccomend that you try out the games. Kat is my precious cinnamon bun.

Keyword was need. There's nothing with coop or playing against other players, but if you can't beat the bosses by yourselves then you'll probaly end up as the summons that make the fights harder that other people complain about.

Forced lore boss fights are always shit. Except Micolash, he's amazing.

That's a little disappointing but I suspected something like this. I was encouraged when I took down Amygdala with 3 shots and a visceral but I haven't taken down anything near that quickly other than best girl of the cosmos.

It would sure be great if the insight changes were anywhere near as impactful as this image implies.

Insight impacts the behavior of every single one of those enemies, but the sky changes cause insight gain rather than are caused by it.

Saw this game recently no way i'm gonna give money to sony and promote the exclusivity shit , and i really liked the way they went with the lore/story and aesthetics.
Also i'm a sucker for Lovecraft shit, so i was pleased with their approach.
Only bad aspect is that everything felt washed out, like cawadootys with their brown filter, except here everything was too much grey.

Also it made me hate DaS3 even further, it's obvious they tried to shoehorn this game and i hate it.

Imagine being a wife of this thing and listening to him talking about filling her with black stud cum.
This creature doesn't think about her feelings.

Why is everyone sucking off this game like it's a second coming of Christ when it's a shameless 1:1 ripoff of nightmare creatures?

Earth Defence Force 5
Dark Rose Valkyrie
Super Robot wars V
SRW OG: the Moon Dwellers
Dragon Quest Heroes 1 + 2
Dragon Quest Builders
and other jap games.

Because people worship things when they pretend there's no alternative to them.

I didn't know Nightmare Creatures was a soulslike game.

Elaborate. Beyond the fact that there is a disease going on and some of the aesthetics both games are very different.

Guess I'll find out. That faggot reminded me that those games even existed. Played a demo back in the day and had a pretty fun time. I just forget whether it was NC1 or NC2, so I downloaded both of them.

Which one is better?

I legitimately have no idea why Bloodborne became so that it was virtually untouchable in the community.

Merely a coincidence.

This is dark souls of Holla Forums debates, shitpost about bloodborne being bad :^)

Reminder that even Bloodborne still has unfinished content inside it, just goes to show the shit that could've been added if they gave the team a wee bit more time.

1. Because it doesn't look like garbage
2. The soundtrack was more fitting to the world (orchestral bombing) compared to the former, though i won't deny its quality
3. Multiplayer / Co-op
4. Its a PS4 exclusive
Also
therefore
and finally
That's that Mr. Contrarian

How does Kaz's dick taste like?
Do you also like choking in his balls as well?

The man gives you valid arguments and the best you can return is
I remember when discussion on this board didn’t default to shitposting and memes.

Any time BC?

How is that not a valid argument? It does looks like shit, that's an objective comparison you queer
So fucking what? Its the game's flaw for having a grafix that aged like milk, it could had gone pixel style but thats what you get for jumping the 3D train early. Anyways (You)'re the first one that brought up 'Bloodborne is an 1:1 ripoff of Nightmare Creatures' or something along those lines, and i'm here to say that you're a faggot for not even making a cohesive counter-argument
Also who the fuck is Kaz? We're not talking about Metal Gear here nigger

Maybe list the ones that's localized (and not by the cancerous localization teams) Mr.Dubs

shid forgot pic

if you don't know why gravity rush isn't one of the best franchises the past few years you really shouldn't be posting here.

Soulslike experience.

might as well say bb is a re ripoff tbh.

What the fuck is wrong with them?

I bought a ps4 on a whim when it was still pretty new because the job I had payed really well. All my friends laughed at me and told me not to do it. After years of owning it I never had ps+ and only one two games, one of which being bloodborne. It is the most expensive paperweight I ever bought.

Cause they're fucking casuals and need to git gud.

Is a legit good puzzle game with a healthy dose of philosophy.

Got one as a gift about three years ago.

I've gotten a decent amount of use out of it but most of the game tim on ite was put into re-releases of older games i can't run on my crappy computer/emulate.

Holy shit my grammar is fucked on this post. This is what i get for browsing on the toilet first thing in the morninh…

no gr2? no doax3? no toikinden2? no senran? no persona? no nier? no onichabra? no hundred knight revival (the only working version)? no dqb? no edf? i hope youre getting the next one.

i know some of these are also on pc/ps3 but the delay between the pc version was long and unknown if you bought the games when they were fairly new. and the ps3 most of the time is clearly an inferior way to play.

I just fucking wished that From would just out of the blue, released alot of QoL patches and covenant update, i'll cement Bloodborne as the best
AAA exclusive worth playing this gen. Then again, there's not alot of IP to fight for that title anyway

Just go to sleep man goddamn, and don't write long messages while on the crapper, it'll affect your overall grammar

You forgot about Yakuza

yes, yakuza kiwami and yakuza zero too, i feel like theres alot more im forgetting. odin sphere was good too.
i left out MHW because its pretty boring. and tokinden 1 and 2 were more true MH games anyway.

I agree the game could use a area defense covenant but that might be too small to work, unless it would apply to the whole Upper Ward.

Because of committing to roleplay, I've been going with the Executioner rune. I almost feel bad for the people I happen to invade because those dumbasses can never realize it's a invasion. The message and the purple hue should be saying something.

IMO what the game needs:
My modest two cents, I think these can all be added into the game with very minor tweaks and almost no new assets need to be created.

Leifthrasir makes every other remake look like a lazy cash grab. A freakin' ghetto studio of about 15 dudes puts the whole industry to shame.
But on the matter of cash grabs, there's also Dragon's Crown Pro. If someone has a PS4 and didn't play the original on PS3, I'd say it's mandatory. The same goes for Catherine: Full Body.

That appears to be From's standard, they can never finish up their games to save their lives

Thanks I forgot to save that image from the last Gravity thread and was hoping someone would post it.

i missed out on that. i didn't think it was out yet on ps4.

I love everything about Bloodborne, but I felt more motivated by the Souls series. Souls is about being a human. You're a weak, little squishy faggot who will die a countless deaths. The only thing that keeps you going is your will to survive. The hunter is just a "protagonist" your character is Dark Souls was you.

I own PS4 as my only gaming device and don't play on computer. Computer is for work, for pirating shit for test and dual booting linux. I tend to buy games to motivate myself for completing them, therefore i buy non-exclusives too. I also sold bloodborne after i got bored with it, and souls/souls-like games isn't my favorite genre of vidya, even though i play Yakuza and Nier on hard.
Also PS4 offers me ability to shut down my computer to play vidya so i won't be tempted to open Holla Forums to shitpost.

I think it's already out in Japan. IIRC the Western release is in May like DaS Remaster.

I feel like Bloodborne captures that feeling of being a human versus insurmountable odds pretty well. You're essentially a random person, drafted into becoming a hunter by a series of circumstances. And what's your one goal in the game? It's not about ringing the bells of awakening, it's not about bringing the lords of cinder to their thrones. Nope, nope.

You're a hunter. All you have to do is hunt. And along the bloodied path you forge for yourself through a dark and unforgiving city that is lost in its own madness, you slowly uncover the mysteries, the conspiracies, that led to this fateful night. It's too late to fix things, but perhaps, you can gleam just the slightest understanding of the world you've been thrust into during your travels.

But don't dig too deeply, or else you'll simply fall victim to the same maddening insight that plagued Yharnam in the first place.

The Souls series is garbage. Only DeS and DaS are worth shit. DaSII was an incoherent mess of ganks, random enemies in mismatched locations (Old Knights, Manikins, and Executioner’s Horse in Drangleic Castle? Why?), and levels/bosses that were specifically designed to be tackled with summons so solo players could go fuck themselves. It kept the weighty combat system but added more multi-enemy and multi-boss engagements than the combat mechanics could reasonably handle. Enemies track harder than a UPS package t the point they vinyl record on the spot if you circle them, bosses like the Mirror Knight had ridiculous overhead tracking that followed the player even in mid-air as well as the lightning attack that would literally shoot out of the sword at a 90 degree angle because his movements, the melee attack, and the ranged attack itself all tracked even though the point of the attack was to dodge it. Though, it was the best in terms of build variation and just hilarious builds in general.

DaSIII may as well just be Knight Souls III because fuck you if you picked anything else. Instead of Gank Souls, you get Trap Souls, which I guess is a better alternative to the former. PvP was notoriously broken, build variety was gimped, procedural bosses were overused, and faith builds didn’t stand a fucking chance against fucking anything.

Bloodborne was alright. Kind of short, but pretty consistently designed all throughout. Blood vial farming wasn’t fun though. There wasn’t a whole lot you could do with builds per se, but the blood gem system let you put on some good combinations to spice things up. Never gave me a feeling of bullshit level design or artificial difficulty like DaSII. Was quite overhyped though.

I’ve just never played such an inconsistent series before. One game, the experience is fantastic and all the mechanics work in harmony. The next, it’s like the mechanics fight against the core level and enemy design at all times, or they only work together in small flashes of brilliance in great swathes of either complete shit or mediocrity. This shouldn’t have been a series, really. Have your Demon Souls and stop at Dark Souls. Maybe Bloodborne later down the line, but give it more time in development to flesh it out a little more. I feel like being made right before Dark Souls III ended up hurting Bloodborne the most, which sucks since it’s clearly the better game.

ps4 is my primary gaming device for new games.
i use PC to play my emulators and older classics like m&b and quake.

i'll be waiting for both of those to hit the dirt cheap prices.

kinda, except the hunters path is to repeat the same night over and over until they ascend powerful enough to defeat gods. then depending on the path you chose, you either stop "dreaming" and hence never level up again, and walk the streets until youre dead like the other hunters that all once had their eternal "dream" night.
or you can stop the curse of yarhnam by defeating the ancient being. or you can have sex with that ancient being and become the next one.

Opinion discarded

holy shit user, how bad were you at that game?
i found the combat fun because each weapon had so many moves, the combat with 1 weapon was deep enough to keep it interesting. i wish their were more fights with hunters. the dlc added a bunch which was nice. the build variety was low, but basically 1 weapon was for 1 playthrough since upgrades are so linear and limited. but reducing weapon variety in a single playthrough added challenge to the game since each weapon had its own meta.

Pro-tip, if the rest of your post is not going to explain why the Soul series is garbage rather than to say that only some games are actually shite then don't open your argument with that line
it is, but i could say it's shit because of executive meddling thus why it was butchered and haphazardly constructed in the later stages of development. The concept was interesting at first but the execution was almost shovelware-tier garbage
I agree and i blame From for making not-Bloodborne 2: Ashes Boogaloo
I don't really see the problem here tbh, you could buy them in bulk back at the Hunter's Dream and you'll get a bazillion echoes by the end of the game so you'll only have a problem with it at the early game, and speaking of early game
Look man, i won't deny that DeS has the best Singleplayer out of all the soul series (RIP) but i fucking hate at how cryptic the mechanics were some of the time, and there's also some nitpicky shit like Pure Bladestone farming, carry weight, etc but that's not my point. My point is that DeS is not as perfect you would think and it still has flaws that will really irks you most of the time.
I do miss DeS's magic though

Never forgetti the 6th Archstonii

I fucking hate chime maidens.

He's got a cool design

As much as I hate niggers, if it came down to having to fuck that thing, or Burning coal; I'd be blacked any day. He's just that awful.

MY NIGHTMARE FRONTIER TWINK IS REBORN ANEW

It lends itself pretty well to weapon challenge runs. There's no weapon bad enough you'll feel gimped but make yourself do a run with that one weapon you don't like and it can be quite the learning experience. Happened to me on two characters, for the Stake Driver and the Reiterpallasch; thought they were both crap but was loving them halfway through the run. One of the better things about BB is that a weapon's whole move set feels useful.

I can't even get mad at them because it's just plain retarded, straight out of the DaS2 school of challenging game design. They can summon 3 enemies at the same time and they only die along with her if they feel like it because fuck the rules. And if you don't start hauling ass to where they are they'll start the summon fest even if you're three rooms apart; I once opened a door and had about 10 of them all trying to squeeze through which was kinda funny for its sheer stupidity.

Fantastic VA too. Shame he only got two roles in the extended series - Head of Vengarl and Valtr.

Too busy playing NHL, FIFA, Madden

My brother got one early last year for FFXV and I dont have all the money in the world so I bought Nier Automata, Nioh, Gravity rush 1/2, Dying Light its trash and MHW with it.
Also played and beat Yakuza Kiwami and Persona 5 on it. Planning on doing a critical mode run on KH2 in KH1.5+2.5 on it soon.
Sometimes I use it to play fortnite with the boys too

Isn't she a fat fetishist with a caretaker/motherplay kink who only used him to satisfy her degeneracy while getting her actual fuck on with a "roommate" skinny enough to still have a functional dick - and then she left him the moment he gets bariatric surgery and drops 100lbs.

It's not wrong if you are doing it in cursed dungeons, on NG++(+) or on twink characters with special builds. Co-op IS a part of the game. Though I despise people who summon others on their first playthrough.

This is truth right here, even people doing Cursed Chalice Dungeons alone, tend to use the summon by the door before fighting Amygdala in the Cursed Pthumeru Ihyll

Which, ironically, makes the fight harder because now it's trickier to figure where that giant one-hit kill is going for next.

I admit I don't do dungeon co-op. It's just not a experience I like to repeat.

i think the more plausible explanation is boogie's a lazy, neurotic retard and she finally realized they had no future.

she wanted him to lose weight. he'd talk about her making him healthier options but he'd just end up crashing a week or so later. he talked about wanting to lose enough weight to be able to stand for the whole marriage ceremony(which was apparently important to her). she's fucking brain dead for marrying the slug to begin with.

You're probably right, and honestly I don't care enough to dig into the story myself. That's just what I heard shitposted somewhere. Here, probably.

Does the difficulty curve and enemy placement in BB seam a little wonky to anyone else? Several areas seem to be "front loaded" with difficulty rather than it being consistent throughout or rising as you proceed through the level. Is this something the From does a lot or is it unique to Bloodborne?

Can you give some places as examples? I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

Hunters Nightmare for example. The NPC human hunters are a huge pain in the ass but once you're past that first section the difficulty begins to drop off significantly. Another example is the Nightmare of Mensis. From the spawn in point till you get past that one non respawning NPC is just buttfuck alley. The rest of the level is practically a stroll through the park in comparison.
Oh and Upper Cathedral Ward with the room with 4 fucking blue eyed werewolves guarding the path to one of the easiest bosses in the entire game.

If you have the physical disks you can make a new junk account and get a free trial whenever you want to play online. You don't get to share saves between profiles though and it's bullshit that you have to pay for internet twice.

Castle Cainhurst is another one with those bloated mosquito people outside but the ghosts inside are easy as piss. The boss of the area is a bitch to take on alone.

You're not paying for internet access, you're paying for the servers, dipshit.

You're not paying for the servers. You're paying for the "free" games and because Sony said you have to pay or we'll kill your multiplayer, and you capitulated like a faggot.

The vast majority of PS4's games, even their first party titles, are peer to peer matchmaking (fuck, at least Microsoft has private servers for their first party titles), and the features which they DO need their own servers for - such as party chat, messaging, unified friend lists, and all that shit is free to non-subscribers.

I think the only thing that PS Plus covers that really would constitute an appreciable out-of-pocket expense for Sony to maintain is cloud storage for save games - and even that's inexcusable since pretty much every fucking cloud based storage service on the planet offers you at least 1GB for free.

PS+ is a scam enforced for the goal of getting you to purchase (via your subscription) games every month - obfuscated behind the guise of being "pay for multiplayer". The vast majority of their casual customers will only buy a game or two a year - but they'll want to play those games online, and this is way to force you to spend $10 on games monthly.

There is absolutely ZERO justification for charging for an online fee for multiplayer or other services from a closed platform which runs it's own storefront - because these digital game prices have to keep pricing parity with physical games in order to not piss off retailers who sell the hardware, and who do you think soaks up the extra cash that would otherwise be saved going to digital? It's not the publishers. It's fucking Sony and Microsoft who take 30% of sales in distribution fees, not to mention another 10% cut in royalties for having the game on their system.

Now, why the fuck can't Sony and Microsoft just take that extra 30% revenue on game sales they're getting and use that to create a robust and free (to the players) multiplayer network with dedicated servers for ALL games? Why are game publishers still paying out of their own pockets for servers, and appropriately - also shutting down servers on legacy software to save costs - when that shit SHOULD be funded by game sales - or, you would think, the monthly fee if they insist on charging you.

It's all a goddamned con-job.

Attached: 7ac25cee047d76379b52be4974837da94d948cfa5c40a93884c3ae362deb9c4b.png (696x860, 308.7K)

The way capitalism works is that once you are making money from something its very hard for you to stop charging for it, even if the circumstances allow.

Ok since you want to get pedantic how does this sound: It's bullshit you have to pay for internet then pay again to use your internet with a game/console.
Does that sell paid multiplayer better or worse?

Sums up how I feel about it. The paying for peer to peer is really what bothers me. At least when you pay for an mmo some of that goes into servers.

It's called having willpower and a sense of honor, you stupid fucking nonwhite commie.

I. Cannot. Kill. The FUCKING Amygdala at the bottom of the defiled chalice.

Attached: JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP.jpg (640x334, 90.14K)

Try to attack it's tail from behind and get a sense when to roll after that bitch jumps (protip: don't roll immediately after it jumps, wait about 0.5 seconds at least). You also may shoot its head with a cannon 2 times under the bone marrow ash buff and/or focus your attacks on its crotch if you are feeling lucky.

Jesus.

Same.

Keep at it. I know that feel but at some point, things are gonna click and the bitch will never land a hit on you and, for subsequent plays, you'll be surprised at how pathetically easy she is.
Honestly, I'm glad they put Amygdala and not some chimp out master like the Descendant.

Attached: brain sucker.jpg (1200x1009, 241.55K)

Yup

What's strange is that I had little problem with the Nightmare Frontier Amygdala. It's not just the lack of health either because the first time I went through the game I only had about as much health as I have right now. I don't know if it's that the chalice version just has inflated health or if it's just the smaller battlefield but something is throwing me off.
To compound the problem I can't get ACB to hit properly this time. I think it's because it's too cramped for the attack to converge correctly. I guess I could try getting right under the head and doing it point blank.

That thing couldn't hit the side of a barn. Have you tried Executioner's Gloves while locking on to the head? Every ARC build fighting Amy I see goes with that.

Attached: brain sucker2.jpg (1200x1009, 263.75K)

Genuine question, how are there any people out there who are both of the above?

That's what I've been using in my attempts. It does pretty good damage but it's not as much as I'd like. I have nearly 70 arcane why am I not fucking this thing up any better than I'm doing?
Why the hell did they think that the player version of that spell was acceptable? When it's being used on you it seems to have much better tracking

Attached: Madman A Call Beyond 1.png (1159x1080, 1.49M)

because bloodborne isn't even the best game on the system. gr2 and yakuza 0 and ishin are both better.

No. Never go full goy.

Any tips for Micolash?

His arcane spell never fails to hit me and it fucking kills me almost instantly.

Attached: main-snow-bath.jpg (1200x755, 585.46K)

I share your pain user.

Attached: NOOOOOOOOO.gif (257x358, 3.13M)

The bitch at Burgerworth, she's at the top of the stairs, I'm at the bottom and at least half the shots will home in on my exact position. And going to back this
Micolash practically fights you in a closet and that shit still tracks you perfectly. Just more arbitrary stuff for the AI to fuck you with like Frenzy.

I've thought about making a pure ARC character (mine's 30 STR - 50 ARC) but just thinking abouy Laurence and the Orphan immediately makes me pussy out. Not to mention it's a really shitty build to optimize in terms of gems.

For the first half, keep circling him and bait Augur by stopping for a split-second in front of him. For the second one, you can cheese him with poison daggers - from the scaffold you're supposed to drop and chase him into the gated room, put a couple of poison daggers on him, they'll put in him a loop where he's limping and disappearing, coming out of the mirror, limping and disappearing repeatedly until the poison wears off. Repeat.
If you don't want to cheese him and have 15 ARC, take Beast Roar and keep knocking him on his ass or comboing him and use Beast Roar as a break to recover stamina. This way you can hound without a chance to retaliate.

Attached: plain doll41.jpg (592x600, 210.85K)

That was how I did it. It was a great trick that I hadn't figured out until then. Somehow though, I think by pure luck, the first run through where I beat him I actually managed to dodge every single ACB. It was with a side-step about 1m away from him. Couldn't remember the timing for the life of me.

gonna want to flip that number upside down to make any arcane good. Also it's good for mix ups and having a homing attack that doesn't go in a straight line to the enemy, since it is delayed start up, and can only be dodged by dodging in from a distance.

I said it in my last post but the flaw of the attack that does an arc in the direction of your character is that it will define a path to where you are, and unless you are further away. it won't be able to change its path before hitting a wall; if you dodge away or to the side then the shot will just make it so that rather than dipping down it can go in a straight line by bending the arc upwards a bit, or you'll dodge into them and get hit with one little sprite of light that blasts you to shit. Instead, you duck in at the very last second as it's coming at you, since none of the shots can change their arc so drastically to move in reverse or turn all the way around. Then you can whap him good. Also if you hit him before his startup is over, which is like "you can only do this if you're already hitting him" tier speed, he gets knocked out of it and has to reroll his actions, which may just retry ACB or it will reroll to a fist attack or AoE

Is there conceivable less dignified way to die than to be sissy slapped to death by a pack of those goofy little blue aliens?

I found using Blacksky Eye to right when he begins casting was a great way stun him out of the attack.

Yeah they're both pretty rough with pure arcane as I found out.

I'm now level 91 in arcane. When I wake up a little bit I'm going to go fuck Amygdala right in the mouth.

Attached: ayy lmao.webm (1280x720, 3.7M)

POW! RIGHT IN THE KISSER.

Attached: Bloodborne™_20180312071142.jpg (1920x1080, 267.4K)

Damn boi, what level?

I just kept stunlocking him with me Ludwig's tbh, but yeah the beast roar is good to have when you're out of stamina and need a little breathing room.
What's bullshit about them? I mean the Oprhan is the best climax fight in Bloodborne (even more so in NG+), with Laurance being a shite boss thats easily cheesed (for me) at his final stage. If you want a Bullshit boss, then that title goes to Rom alongside the Headless Bloodletting Beast.

The hitler dubs don't lie, and i found Madara's Whistle rekt these bitches real good along with her stupid fucking spiders.

How? I mean if its Blue Goobers 2: Rom Boogaloo i can understand but them?
On a side note, i found out that alot of anons here used to hype up the Blood-straved beast as the boss that would rekt new player's ass back when it was released . However, when i finally got around and played it a few months ago, i found out that the boss-fight was not that hard as those anons thought it might be tbh. The first true stupidly hard bosses for me was Rom and the Abhorrent Beast.

Attached: bloodborne_serval_beast.jpg (1280x900, 1.21M)

189 by that point. Who knew that the only thing you had to do to defeat Cursed Amygdala was to fire 17 level 90 A Call Beyond's directly under his head while a naked man with a wheel provides a distraction.

I was really tired after level grinding on the last floor of Isz and I slipped up and got surrounded.
The only thing about that thing is that it's Sanic fast. If I can manage to not get poisoned at a bad moment I generally don't have a problem with him.
Oddly enough I've never really had much of a problem with Rom since I always keep a weapon pimped out with bolt for kin slaying. It's just a bit tedious slowly picking off the little spiders and then running to avoid the arcane meteor swarm.

The boss that I have the absolutely worst trouble with is Logarius. He spends the first half of the battle staying as far away from you as he can and the second half trying to crawl up your ass. If you have a slow heavy weapon you might as well just forget it.

Attached: guaranteed to blow your mind.jpg (534x231 360.08 KB, 22.2K)

If you go at logarius with an arcane build then I heavily suggest using the age old trick; get behind him, use auger when he's staying put for a good two seconds, preferably after a dodge skull or a skull charge. Tear out his spinal cord, rinse and repeat. Phase 2 requires you to just dodge around and hit him like he's a normal boss, and if you're using wheel or pizza cutter you should have no problem getting good hits in; I recommend using auger whenever he is about to swipe and L2 with the pizza cutter to gnash his health to bits.

I've died to them in Isz, a couple of times against the squad at the start because if 5 of them start slapping you around you're done in a second and a lot of times against the ranged ones in the dungeon's last bonus room because their arcane blasts are a near OHKO that phases through walls (and the room is crawling with Brain Suckers).

HP and resistances for both. Orphan spending half of phase 2 jumping off screen or chucking placentanades over and over. Laurence's damage output (even with optimized defenses, he can still OHKO you), some lingering hitbox bullshit, him having a ridiculous amount of moves with fake outs, dodge cancels and whatever like it's fuckin' Virtua Fighter.

It's a ooga-booga curbstomper. It makes new players panic all the time. After fighting it a bunch of times in Cursed dungeons I've realized that if you stay glued to it and keep circling to your right, you can avoid every single thing it throws at you. The problem is when it or you create distance, that's when you're prone to get hit by one of its chimp outs.

RNG chore boss.

This is where the Miyazaki dick riders will tell you that not being able to see shit of what's going on is part of the challenge. From my experience, the best tactic is to fight it without lock on and wail on his legs, just be ready to roll whenever you see it's about to do something. Also, his arm slam has a hitbox clearly bigger than his actual arms.

I can beat him at first attempt now but it's pretty ugly and I almost exhaust all my vials and bullets. From the main game, I'd say him, Amelia, Ebrietas and Gehrman are the hardest. The later two wouldn't be a problem if Ebrietas' charge didn't have that bullshit hitbox nor the camera didn't go bonkers every time Gehrman does a scythe combo.

Attached: plain doll21.jpg (1091x1200, 418K)

Looks like Ned Kelly.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (620x349, 417.72K)

Neat I guess.

That's a Pilgrim. They're completely harmless and only do a single counterattack if they are attacked first. I like to leave them alone since it's nice to have something wandering around the game that doesn't want to eviscerate you on sight.

Attached: Pilgrim_Profile.png (502x793 1.22 MB, 107.06K)

Why? I love bloodborne and I still don't want to wast money on PSN. Do you hate fun?

Where's all the Amygdala porn?

so just got a second hand PS4… Can I still get this game if I just got the PSPlus this month?

(checked)
yes

Attached: Sweet dubs.gif (500x490, 970.68K)

>farm a fuckload of souls echoes

>farm a fuckload of souls echoes

I'm not sure why, but this is one of the few games that tell me in a subtle way "go away for a couple of hours, freshen up and come back later".
Maybe it's the lack of sleep catching up with me, or the hunger or something, but it feels really good to put it down and return to it a few hours later.

Currently stuck at Lady Maria. I want to make full Brocolli Knight with Loch shield + Kos parasite. Got 44 Arcane, had to stop levelling that because my 20 vitality and 17 Stamina were making things needlessly hard.
Since I won't get the parasite for a while, I've been rocking Ludwig's Holyblade (with fire) and alternating between Moonlight Greatsword for arcane damage or the Tonitrus for kin-hunting that shit has to be chinese, 100 durability holy fuck.
It occurs to me that Arcana doesn't scale Ludwig's fire damage all that well. And that the Tonitrus, while good against Kin because of bolt is shit because blunt. I'm not sure if that weapon is actually worthy it or not.
Struggled against the living failures but got it in 3 attempts (and 54 blood vials later).

Call Byond was underwhelming, but usefull against Ebrietas. Had to abuse blood bullets to make it work though and the summon.
Executioner's glove seems good but… 3 bullets? That's 3 Augurs of ebrietas worth. And Augur's a lot of tentacle fun when I actually get it off. Blacksky is effective but meh on the visuals.
All this together with the Flamesprayer made for a neat "Wizard" build but I think I made things needlessly hard on myself by picking up an Arcane build for my first time ever playing the game.

Bought it with all the DLC last week since I had a discount. 30 bucks. Would have killed myself this week until I noticed PS+ only gives you base game.

I got through the game as an arcane man with 25 vit/end and maximizing arcane.

Ayee, but this is my first time playing the game.
I'm still exploring a lot and trying a lot of things.
Wasted 4 or 5 levels in STR/SKILL to wield some weapons I think and I'm now missing those.
I also fucked up the SEKRIT ending because I killed Rom too soon and Iosefka even sooner so it's probably a NG+ for me if I want my Arcane wizard to trascend.

Quick question, since I never been to these threads:
What's and ARC build and what is a DC and why do people say every build needs it?

Bloodvial farming is still a chore. Sure, you can bulk-buy, but I still gotta head back, slap some motherfuckers around for 15 minutes and stock up before attemtping bosses.
And it pains me to dump 30k on vials when that shit was worth another point in Arcane.

Did you not get the red lady? **there are four umbillicals possible, one from iosefka after the bloodmoon and red lady in the same context, one from the doll, and one from the nightmare school

Forgot to answer question
arcane is at 99, none of the other fucking stats matter
I'm not sure
go to the very first area, walk through and kill everything in the areas while taking as little damage as possible, which will be easy if you've got good arcane gems on weapons. Even still it's easy.

Fucked up the spoiler, oh well who cares.

Why. Isn't there a hardcap at 50 in every stat?
I was planning on hitting 50 arcane and then putting wathever was left on the others till i reached lvl 110.

Yeah, I know it's easy, and an Arcane build even makes it easier, but it's still something that bugs me.
Actually it bugs me a lot precisely because it happened when fighting Lady Maria.
That boss fight is amazing, it's a 1vs1 with another hunter, you got a lamp right next to it, so you can attempt it again and again, learn her moves, appreciate the music and… oops, ran out of blood vials. Take a breather in Yarhnam and come back chump.
It needlessly breaks the game. Just a little but it does. Think about it: if the blood vials refilled at Lamps up to 20 like Estus flasks did, would the game change all that much?
At times, I like the "gotta conserve resources" mentality that makes me try to foolishly rally some health back or not spam bullets.
But at other times, it's frustrating.

I don't think anyone gives much of a shit about spoilers given how old the game is.
What happened was that I found Isofka's before Rom and decided to kill her right there. Took a bunch of attempts, and the reward wasn't very good (especially since you can get the summons without angering her). That makes on cord unavailable.
Then I let the Beggar into the chapel.
I knew he wasn't trustworthy, but I was curious to see what would happen. And he got the Old lady, Arianna and chapel bro. Skeptic got the Isofka's treatment, because lol, first time playing. So I will only find two cords.
I feel like I did what a new player would do and that's good enough for me. NG+ for ascending sounds about right anyway. Only way I can violate Maria with Kos tentacles anyway.

Holy fucking shit i've never noticed that before, props to From for making neat little tidbits on Bloodborne's world, shows that they really have a knack on making the world seems believable.

Absolutely pleb tier

Its i don't know, care to elaborate more?

>arcane
>Hard cap
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH
The game is designed with the intent that you will get tons of vials on your first walk through an area and then you will have enough for the boss. Living failures is a bastard with arcane only and maria cuts your health down super fast. What you want to do is just
AUGER OF EBRIETUS MOTHER FUCKER
>OH SHIT SHE'S ATTACKING
>TENTACLES BITCH
>SHE'S CHARGING UP NOW?
>ARCANE MAXIMUM, PUNCH HER WITH SQUID GUTS
OH FUCK SHE'S FUCKING DEAD
Want me to help you, I can show you that fight's not difficult even without substantial vials.
OH SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
Beggar is supposed to be a secret boss you dummy. Punch him and see what happens

Attached: Hahaahahahahahahaha.webm (624x480 1.09 MB, 1.63M)

50 is the cap for arcane weapon scaling but hunter's tools scale right up to 99 arcane. Except the whistle which I think scales off of bloodtinge.
I am beating the shit out of bosses with nothing but BsE and gloves and ACB in specific situations. I got the Orphan down to 2% health. I would have beat him if I hadn't rolled into that invisible wall.

no the fuck it ain't

But the wiki says there's a cap at 50.
Or is it a "there's a softcap but it's not that much and 99 ARC let's me fire nukes from my fingertips"?

Already punched him.
He ate everyone, gave me two blood pellets.
My 87 Insight laugh at such beastial useless trinkets so I punched him.
I then ran like a coward back inside and gave him a mouthfull of Blacksky.

I didn't want to cheese her with Augur. I know it's possible, and I got to her 3rd phase with it, but I alreayd chesed a fuck ton of the game with it. I wanted to fight her like a hunter.
But hey, it's an Arcane build. I should play it like a Wizard and cast lvl 9 Chesee at her.

The wiki mentions "diminishing returns" after 25 and worse after 50. Didn't know about Hunter toolls though.
A new world just opened to me.
A world full of cheese and thermonuclear tentacles.
I think this is what it feels like when we gain Insight in-game.

I didn't say hard cap. It certainly helps arcane scaling weapons to go above 50 but you notice less and less improvement than getting to 50 in the first place.

Maria was the best fight I had in the game. I beat her with 0 vials and 0 bullets left and single digit health. Some how I dodged through her flaming blood storm and regen'd just enough stamina to swing my sword one final time and caught her on the back swing. Shit was intense.

embed related.
You are the arcane player
You need to play as though you are yourself skeletor's kin.
Attaboy, only hunters use such useless things as trick weapons.

Something like that happened to me fighting the Living Failures.
Failed two attempts until I realized that the key was to keep all 4 of them in your sight all the time otherwise 450 pounds of ayylmao crush you from off-screen.
Third was going well, ate some meteors, risked some rally but lost a lot and by the time I run out of vials, they still had 50% HP.
Managed to soldier on, and I was down to 10% HP when they were also at 10%.
That last hit, the hit that actually killed me, was a lot of back and forth, constantly afraid of overcommiting and being punished, but when I got it… man what a relief.

I nuked Vicar Amelia with a couple Oil Urns and a Flamesprayer. Now I see the error of my ways. I have forsaken the Hunter Tools.

Dude, nothing is more radical then doing the same damage output as a hunter when your build is to maximize arcane and you're using THE FUCKING HUNTER'S TORCH
No lie I killed amelia solo with a torch and it was the funniest experience of my life. God dammit I'm making another arcane man, who want's to join me in some jolly tomfoolery?

Defiled Chalice? If it's that, the correct way to phrase it would be FRC (Foetid, Rotted, Cursed). Indeed, cursed gems are practically mandatory if you want to tackle the NG+ cycles.

That's interesting. Now I don't feel so bad about my 50 ARC character since it's mostly for the MGS. I'd still like to respec.

Attached: plain doll48.jpg (3155x3297, 1.99M)

scoot back to reddit, classcuck mutt.

Ebrietas is pure, she is not for lewd.

She spits space AIDS blood at you though.

Attached: great ones.jpg (1500x1500, 232.98K)

That's not what that is. Get more insight.

Attached: daughter_of_the_cosmos.jpg (494x368, 37.72K)

That just makes it worse! by lowering Frenzy resistance
Nice digits though.

Since we're at it, why is that lorefags have this set idea that Ebby-chan is Kin? Because the Celestial Children look like baby versions of her? To me that just says the fetuses were tampered with her blood.

Attached: Cleric_Beast.webm (1920x1080, 1.72M)

Attached: Squa-dill-lah.webm (1280x720, 4.76M)

I manage to beat the Orphan using nothing but Blacksky eye and a few luck swipes with the MLGS.
Even better I was finally able to keep Valtr alive to the end of the battle with Lawrence and got my fifth vermin.
At this point all I have to do is two more layers of the final Pthumeru chalice and then I'll have nothing left but the wet Nurse and endgame.

Attached: Bloodborne™_20180314020601.jpg (1920x1080 270.38 KB, 242.15K)

because she's weak to lightning and thrust

I think it's because she bleeds white blood like kin instead of red blood like most other Great Ones. They completely ignore the fact that the game explicitly states that she is a Great One.
She does have kin traits though.

Anyone who recently picked up Bloodborne due to PS+ should seriously consider this sale. It's possibly the best Souls content ever.

Attached: 2018-03-14_01-15-12.png (255x572, 125.45K)

Are you fucking kidding me? I bought my used copy of GOTY edition for 30 bucks

Quick question.
When you're in the Hunter's Dream, you see those "pillars" in the distance.
And they remind me a lot of the trees in the Ash Lake back in Dark Souls.

Given that the Nightmares are layered, what could be under the Hunter's Dream?
**I also have this feeling that the Hunter's Dream is BELLOW Yarnham, not above it like the rest of the nightmares, since the awakening message says "awake above ground".

Attached: ash_lake_by_zusacre-d6vdd5i[1].jpg (1920x1080 75.19 KB, 148.4K)

Guys my armor is bloody and has some kind of bloody stat on it, like a stamp on its picture.
Does it mean anything or is it just for show?
Since its there im sure it does something though, I can't find anything when I look it up though.

Attached: I thought i killed them all how many escaped _b397f4c42a785d5b6e8752da1bdd7271.jpg (225x225, 9.2K)

Screen shot it and post it.

I think that is some religious mythology in the east. A lot of eastern (and eastern inspired) things have such pillars. I think it has to do with different world, where each pillar is a tree of life and at its crown rests a world.
Mind you, I might be completely off about this.

They remind me of this painting.

Attached: Zdzislaw_Beksinski_56_1600x1200.jpg (1600x1200, 1.16M)

Ayee, that was my take on it.
Assuming Yharnam is a real place and not another dream/nightmare, I find those pillars strange: they'd mean Hunters dream is bellow Yarnham. But Gherman &company hint that the Hunter's Dream is actually another nightmare. Which I though only appeared above Yarnham.
So that got me thinking about the order of the Nightmares.
Right above Yarnham, we got Nighmare Frontier. It seems the name is apt: it's the frontier between Nightmares and Yarnham.
Above that, Mensis, where Micolash is Host to his own Nightmare. And right at the top of that Nightmare (the highest point you can "climb" in the game) there's Mergo and the ritual to beckon the moon.

First impression: you're climbing through the diferent nightmares, just like the Mensis scholars did until you reach close enough to the moon. BUT, there's one point where you get even closer to the moon than Mensis did that throws this theory out: when fighting Rom.
You dive into the lake, into the Moon's presence, and you're actually closer to the Moon and Mensis rituals.
And this is where things clicked to me. Because of the Sky watcher badge hinting that the cosmos is much closer aswell as several diferent parts of the game hinting that the labyrinths are connected to the cosmos.

If you go "down" the other way and descend instead of climb, you start at Byrgenwerth, descend to the Labyrinths, and end up at the Moonside Lake. And I believe, just bellow that lake, is the Hunters dream. The dream is the closest point to the moon, and that's why the Moon Presence appears there.

Well, assuming all the nightmares are layered, then we already know the lowest and highest.
The Hunter’s Nightmare should be the lowest, as it is essentially Hell. With Ludwig being a reference to some Shinto/Buddhist guardian of the Underwold that also ties in with the blood river.
The Nightmare of Mensis should be the highest point, as you have pointed out. Since the focal point of the Nightmare is built around Mergo and the Mensis Mind.
The hard part is figuring out the order for places like The Hunter’s Dream, The Fishing Hamlet, The Nightmare Frontier, etc.

That would make sense though. Then it could be reasoned that each pillar contains a different hunter's dream.

Nevermind, im retarded.
Thats just the stuff I have equipped.

Wouldn't the graves represent the layers too?

Attached: e7c425a0fc39b408cfd4ea6cbdf4fbf64e0a4065dd9cbc40e38b34d9cf060924.gif (320x320, 2.44M)

You should know it's gay if the saws touch.

It's just the DLC and the discount is for PS+ users.

Attached: plain doll46.jpg (1061x1500, 1.5M)

Man just fucking imagine how much more enjoyable the Chalice Dungeons would be if they had conform with this philosphy. CDs should be that, an interconnected network of Pthumerian Dungeons, each with their own unique layers and creatures inside it, but what you get is just the same copy&pasted dungeons repeated ad-infinium. Its a shame too since they could have made each Chalice locations distinct from each other by actually making them not rehashed from the Pthumerian Chalice. I mean, Loran chalices has that open canyon are that really set the scale of the dungeon for a short time, before having you resume into the crushing reality that its just another fucking dungeon with some instagram filters applied on top of it. The Isz chalice is probably the most guilty for this, for having zero new additions into the dungeon roster.
Not to mention, that they completely missed the opportunity of having an 'postgame' dungeon where you could found out the final dead end of the dungeon that led to some revelation about all the locations that you went through. I mean fuck, that cut Moon Presence boss has a very good area but too bad they had time constraints despite being managed to finish and polish the main game.

I know but atleast i got the physical edition

Easily the most pathetic retort imaginable. It's Colbert teir

did I miss something or is everyone retarded?
Kin means kin of cosmos
Meaning space aliens. Kos, the brainlickers, the mushroom heads, great ones, both orphans, and so on are all kin.

Hunter's dream is the highest point, I thought. Like, as high as the fishing village.

Kin are crossbreeds. Emissaries, Brain Suckers, Celestial Children, Willem and possibly Rom. That's the point of the term "kin" - close, related but not quite there. Fauxsefka alludes to this if you keep sending her people after entering the clinic.
git insightful

Attached: iosefka.jpg (445x532, 111.82K)

Well being weak to lightning for all of them would make sense anyway, since they're all so closely related.

Not the Orphan. At the risk of making a motherfuckin' JoJo reference, he has no weakness. Neither does Ludwig though I thought for the longest time, he was weak to Fire and Serration. Somewhat ironically, the one with a weakness is Laurence, the First Damage Sponge.
Since I'm on the subject, I gotta complain at the sheer stupidity of Camerabeast Paarl being weak to Serration and not Blunt.

Back to Ebrietas lorefagging, IIRC the Isz chalice mentions she's the first Great One they came in contact with and I think it also hints at her being left behind. I guess the Kin theory might work if you go with the premise that some wench got DUNWICHED and this Great One happened to be the nigger of their species and went to buy a pack of cigarettes once he realized he got a bitch knocked up.

Attached: 88f.png (418x313 422.11 KB, 1.77M)

Attached: Disbelive.png (402x721, 312.04K)

Part of the fun of playing Souls games, user. I just started a new save to play with a friend who got the game through ps+

I think I went through 3 characters before beating DS. Just start a new playthrough in a different style. It's amazing how much difference it can make.
My first BB playthrough (which I still haven't finished yet) is ARC/SKL. Without caring too much about level. For this PS+ month I started a new character which is a lvl43 Twink focusing on STR and building into a beast (if I can ever get through all these fucking CD)
Both build have played incredibly different and offered fun different experiences.

Unless you started the dungeons, that's progress you can catch up on pretty quickly. You can probably do it in one sitting if you leave the optional areas for later (though I personally try to get them all done before Rom).

Attached: e6f.gif (800x450 59.16 KB, 49.21K)

Somehow I could never get into other Souls games. I tried Demon Souls and Dark Souls 1, but somehow they didn't click with me.
I think one of the main reasons was me simply being intimidated by all the different available stats. Made me feel like I will make an error, no matter what I put points into. But I will probably try them again after I'm done with Bloodborne

I started one Dungeon and was down to Depth 3, but my weapons felt underpowered because I started it as soon as it was available.
But I am already at the Cleric Beast again and amazed at how much faster you get after knowing enemy positions and attack patterns.

Attached: Ohrenkatze.png (512x512, 63K)

Well, i knew it would come to this. The later bosses are already tiring me out.
It's not really frustration, since I've been on this same step back in DS3, but I've come to the conclusion that the later bosses are, simply put, shit.
Not thematically, oh no no no. Micolash is a madman done right, his arena is spooky and that mirror hoping is great.
Lady Maria is the best Hunter vs Hunter fight in the game and her story plus the clock tower are amazing.

I mean mechanically shit. I'm refering these two because it's also the one's I'm stuck. Or was. And I don't frankly like the way I cleared them.
Micolash was shit because his first phase is a spamfest of Augur with unbreakable poise, which is tedious to jump around instead of simply breaking his poise, demoslishing his HP and getting on to the second part of the fight, you know, the part that should be interesting. The chase was quite fun and you have to figure it out a bit. But then you get to the actual second phase and it's the same as the first, but now he can kick or Call from Byond to insta-kill you.
I'll admit, I'm slightly salty because he ACFB right when I dropped down into his arena and insta killed me. Three times in a row.
But what ended up pissing me more was the kicks. You can't take a step back from you, ACFB insta kills you. You gotta stick to him like flies to shit, but if you get hit by a single Augur, you're fucked. You'll never have time to heal. You can try when he's auguring, but he'll finish it with enough time to kick you while you're still healing. If he does that and takes a step back, tough luck pall, here comes the ACFB and you're dead. Otherwise, you're lucky: you can keep fighting.

With Lady Maria, it's a diferent problem. Believe it or not, I think she has too much HP and doesn't leave you enough openings. After her, I'm still missing the Orphan, Mergo's WetNurse, Gherman and no moon presence because I fucked my cords. But I can already tell it's going to be the same problem because I also had the same problem with DS3.

Early game bosses are the best thing ever in all Soulsborne games because you can use the whole moveset of your weapon to great effect. Light attacks for short openings, heavy attacks for larger openings. But late game bosses are suposed to be "hard" and that means that the window you got to attack them between their own attacks is so short that comitting a single Charged R2 attack is suicide. So are jumping attacks (long recovery in case you miss) backdash attacks (they leave you vulnerable and in the path of the same attack coming at you) and transform attacks (that take a fuckload of time to go off, unless tronitrus)
So now you got a boss that has a fuckload of HP and the only thing you can safely use against them are light attacks. Spam that R1, but not too much! You'll need your stamina to perform at least 2 dodges away from the boss when he's no longer stunlocked (if he stunlocks at all).

This is not hard. This is not something that makes me feel like I achieved something. This is tedious. The fight against Lady Maria was simply dodging for half an hour with a poke here and there. Once you get the timings for the dodging right, it only improves your survivability. Your ability to deal damage to her stays the same because no matter how good you can dodge, her opening windows stay the same.

The only thing that changes this is the parry faggotry that takes longer to learn than dodging and is as much as playing roullete.

Guess I'll suck it up the rest of the game anyway. I came this far, why stop now..

I am not a neet so I dont mind goying 6 bucks a month for online and "free" games. I sub to humble monthly and dont play most of that shit

Attached: 21294739_117139998930239_916962224772218880_n.jpg (640x640, 44.47K)

Right, before someone posts that Maria pic about how she's so easy and all that, I'll make a comparison.
Maria is to Vicar Amelia what Artorias was to the Gaping Dragon.

The Gaping Dragon was a great boss because his most dangerous moves rewarded you if you could dodge them: the boss would slam his head down and be exposed for quite a while. At this times, your heavy attacks (with some resins) were devastating and worth more than light attacks.
On the other hand, you could use light attacks in between the boss's less dangerous attacks to get some damage in while waiting for a bigger opening.

Vicar Amelia is very close to this too. A lot of her moves are quick and leave little opening, but don't deal that much damage either so you can't do heavy attacks, but you can get some light attacks in. Even if you over commit with light attacks, you won't be very punished.
On the latter half of the fight, were her heavier strikes are more frequent, it's time for you to actually pay attention to the boss and prepare for such an opening. It's not hard to drive home a charged R2 if you sucessfully dodge one of the heavier strikes.

Back in DS, shit changed when I got to Artorias. Slow weapons? Not gonna work. Heavy attacks? Not gonna work. Medium or Heavy Armour? Not gonna work.
It was all about moving fast, attacking fast and getting out fast.
And that ended up being true to all the bosses after Artorias (on the DLC) or after ringing both bells (with the exception of Scathe).

whats good about physical editions? Enjoy some spec of dust ruining your disk

Attached: 791_1000.jpg (800x1128, 275.89K)

Bullshit, tonio's thunder basher worked twice as good as a fully slotted wheel on my fucking str/arc executioner man and my pure arc space nazi as opposed to the fully slotted whatever the fuck I was using with him.
I thought he was weak to fire and serration in his beast form and he becomes weak to slashing when he stands upright in his second phase as a nod to the idea that beasts and men are of different mindsets?
he's a beast though :^)
yeah, it's fucking stupid but that's how it do.
I thought she was autistic due to the fact that she has an unhealthy obsession with granting eyes to things and smashes her face on the floor to attack you like a large toddler.
Since all of the kin that you fight are some off-shoot of science fucking the cosmos and are somewhat created based on research on Ebi, something that is weak to lightning, it makes sense that everything that is an ancestor of that creature would be weak similarly.

I need more people to understand the power of arcane, that shit is hilariously powerful even early on. It drops off around 30-40 and comes back with a passion at 50 and up, honestly. I'm level 25 and I have 29 arcane already, no points in anything else, I'm trashing anything that may be related to a beast in some form. Even Paarl was a breeze with a couple molotovs to the face, though the problem is the fact that you just have a single stab with no wide arcs to allow for mashing.

There's online planners now so you can be meticulous about though I'd recommend winging it on the first playthrough, savor things at your own pace. Just, never, ever put points into Resistance.

It's some serious bullshit. You plunge his ass and he'll recover before you're done with your animation.

She's easy to stunlock. Gets crazy in the last phase but nothing too difficult to deal with compared to what you've already been through with Ludwig. If you have Augur or Beast Roar, she'll barely be able to do anything.

At the risk of sounding like a cunt, he's gonna steamroll you if you find Maria to be difficult. He seems to be built around the same idea of punishing back evades with the added plus of being extremely dangerous at practically every range.
Fucker took me 4h the first time I fought him. In my defense, it was NG+++.

Maybe there's some discrepancy with how things work but the numbers say he ain't having none of your shit.

Maybe one day I'll do a full Broccoli. I'm currently at seven builds and damn near spent all of February with it; wish I'd known about the March offer to stick around for free Forbidden Woods tours.
They won't add respec so my autism is telling me to remake a couple of them like I did in DeS.

Attached: boss defenses.jpg (1500x3000 243.42 KB, 6.21M)

It's precisely how easy it is to stunlock her that fucks with me. You Augur, she falls, you go near her and do 3 swipes with the sword, using the remaning stamina to retreat. You repeat this 3 times. On the fourth, she decides instead to do an unbreakable overhead attack, but I'm already so used to the augur->3swipes->augur combo that I don't react fast enough.
And augur only works AFTER evading her, otherwise she Quicksteps away 9 outta 10 times. Beast Roar is 100% stun, but it's also two bullets and no damage.
The only thing I'd change on this fight was add some long winded attacks to her later in the fight (maybe only phase 3) where she has 2-3 seconds to recover from them. Toss in a small AoE around her, so the player can't camp for Viscerals that easily, and what you get is a move that can deal 75% of your HP in damage, but if sucessfully dodge, let's you land 2 charged R2 attacks for instance.

I know how the orphan is. That's where I'm at now. The fishing Village was mostly a "take it slow" exercise in patience, but it's done.
The Orphan is, again, not dificult. Just extremely, extremely tedious.
Congrats champ, that's 2% of his HP off. Now repeat 50 times.

This also seems to be a theme in the game: it doesn't matter what attack it is, if it's a boss, it's taking away a minimum of 50% HP.
Eariler I was doing a Chalice dungeon, and the first boss was some Undead Giant.

And that's what I'm starting to hate on bosses. There's no "big move = big damage, fast move = low damage" logic at work here.
They just all deal about the same damage because it's a boss fuck you.

It's a thing that annoys me too. Almost everything hits for over half your HP so you always gotta down 2 vials.

Resistance worked in DS2 I think with meme bleed and poison builds

The Orphan reminds me of fighting the big axe skeletons and Nioh. If you seprent strike at the right moment their attack wont connect and you'll end up behind them. In the Orphan's case you dash into him when he jumps. I actually found him easier in his second phase since he over shoots you more often.

*in Nioh

Orphan is hard mostly because he punishes the conventional way to play BB. If you roll like a madman, R2spam and constantly roll into space to bloodvial, he punishes you for it. Unironically, he is easier if you go into his boss whilst actively trying not to roll. Lots of his overheads and circular strikes have hitboxes just long enough to rollcatch; but wont touch you if you calmly walk around him.
Second phase is slightly harder, but its just about knowing when to back off before he zones your ass

Decided to replay this and my memory is fucking missing whole segments so I've been running around like a retard a whole lot, finally had to crack and google shit because I forgot how to get to the forest.
Using Beasthunter Saif because I never did skill before and it's a beast, when I played this for the first time I used the fucking Whirligig Saw and it's hitboxes were so fucking shit for the charge attack that most of the time it hit 1 damage but I refused to swap for something better, this runs going 100x better because I'm using a weapon that isn't shit.

The only thing I really don't like about Bloodborne is how good the starter weapons are, there is legit no reason to using anything but the Hunter Axe if you just want to get through the game pain free.

How fucking shitty at vidya are you? This shit isn't hard to figure out the first time.

I'll admit I am shit at vidya but I'm especially bad at Bloodborne.
But you can't honestly tell me you never got lost, the games full of doors that don't open, doors that aren't doors, debris fucking everywhere and it's all grey as fuck.

You mean the spin attack? I never used it, I basically used it as a really shit stick in one handed mode because I couldn't be arsed changing weapon, I got the platinum using only the 1 hand version of it as soon as I got it pretty much, I have no idea why.

Its not as much a starter weapon problem, rather than basically every weapon in the game is balanced and viable depending on builds, which furthermore makes me furious when obvious reddit shitters exclusively use LHB

>Shut all 3 the Catherdal Ward gates and slaughter him like the animal he is

The only issue with this game is that Numbing Mist is an insightshop only item and that it costs 2 fucking insight when you basically need it to win against one host as an invader

Attached: a_w_a_y.jpg (2715x2385, 421.09K)

What the fuck did Micolash do? Did he somehow cause a town full of people to meld into the scenery and become petrified or is this a result of the Nightmare leaking out into the "real" world?

Attached: 1518407846.jpg (1920x1080 330.61 KB, 269.29K)

Maybe its just unusual decorating taste?

They're all trying to get inside, or above. Off the streets.
Something outside scared them. And killed them.
Micolash is a good chap, don't spread bad things about him.

Basically, Micolash started a ritual behind the healing churches back to contact the old ones- because unlike the church, he figured the bullshit out, and was kind of stuck when you met him because ROM was keeping things in check- this allegedly trigged the blood moon or whatever and the beasts showed up en masse and began fucking shit up hardcore.

They sent agents to get micolash's shit William Birkin G virus style, and I'm not sure if they failed or suceeded- it's possible the cut werewolf chalice dungeon was an Old One that causes the massacre- hard to tell, translation fuckery and Fromsoft games has always been an issue.

What the fuck was Rom doing?
It's Rom, the VACUOUS spider. Aka:

What could Rom do except breath too much oxygen with an open mouth?

Think of it as the anti-insight filter, keeping everything back by virtue of it's retardation.

That does explain a fuckload of things, like how the Amygdalas become visible even without enough insight.

Thats not exactly what vacuous means it means mindless. As in the person who would become Rom lost their mind. As in being mindless allowed Rom to hide the horrors from people. Rom had eyes on the outside, but not the inside.

Holy shit the penny just dropped.

Attached: omg-chair[1].gif (400x300, 392.78K)

In the Japanese script, the term used is "akuchi" which can be translated as stupid or retarded.
It's one of the few interesting differences in translation. Others are:
Bloodletting Beast - Kemono Chi no Aruji - Lord of the Beast Blood
Moon Presence - Tsuki no Mamono - Moon Monster

A fun tidbit about Kemono and Mamono - Kemono means beast or monster with some foundation in reality like wolves while Mamono is a entirely supernatural monster.

Attached: plain doll & lady maria2.png (400x280, 3.39K)

Christ you fags are slow.

Attached: 1432096119458.png (600x850, 397.49K)

I just didn't take it literally.

Boi.

Attached: 1349110035560.jpg (400x309, 22.32K)

Is it possible to stack enough healing blood gems on a weapon to completely counteract the health drain from the Chikage?

Just looks at the description for the Accursed Brew.
Skull of a local from the violated fishing village. The inside of the skull was forcibly searched for eyes, as evidenced by innumerable scratches and indentations.
No wonder the skull became stewed in curses.

Maybe but it will be at the cost of the build's efficiency. Theoretically, I think you can get +20HP gain (+5HP x4 cursed regen gems) but you'll be neutering a BT build.
With my Chikage build, I carry both a Evelyn and a Pistol and have a +5 regen gem on the Pistol and it doesn't do much, it's not something that will keep your HP at the same level in the heat of battle but rather something that will slowly regen while you move about a level. I guess it could be compared to the Sun Princess Ring in DaS3.

Attached: eileen6.jpg (839x1057, 921.19K)

Yeah but why should you even do that man? Just quickstep and spam the transform attack if you want to conserve your health, that's how i usually do it. The Charged R2 is purely for show since it takes away 1/5 of your health, but the follow-up attack has ridiculous knockback

Jesus christ its fucking bait man, cmon

Man i do wish that Bloodborne has more build variety, since 70% of the gems in there is mostly fukcing useless.

Probably consequence of everyone being a glass cannon. No point in trying to poison or bleed someone out when you can just kill them in two hits or one visceral.

Attached: eileen8.png (1040x1920, 365.28K)

That motherfucker killed me so god damn many times. I eventually just stopped. I stopped trying to be clever. I stopped trying to go for the big damage head shots. I stopped trying the cannon loaded with bone ash, I stopped trying ACB under his "chin" after an arm slam. I stopped trying to call in backup.

I just poked his ankles. And rolled when he jumped. Over and over and over. He died. I smoked a pack of cigarettes and pondered how my life came to this.

Attached: 1455325725434.jpg (284x253, 15.06K)

What's with the blue summon signs anyway?

They should have had at least one heavy armor set and a defensive weapon. Maybe something like the Valorheart.
And there isn't a single frenzy causing gem either.

I think I fought him at least 30 or 40 times before I finally got him.

Attached: mqdefault.jpg (192x266 10.21 KB, 22.4K)

Yeah, that sounds about right. Honestly, I think half my problem was me mindfucking MYSELF. everything in the dungeons gives me way more trouble than it should; I can kill a Clifford with no hits once and the next run die 3 or our times before I get my groove back. Same thing with giant zombies, the pyromancer, the Pthumerian bosses… fucking EVERYTHING.

Attached: Bluff Check Successful.jpg (2048x764, 221.65K)

Cainhurst knight set is in the game you retard.
I know what you mean but the point of the light equipment is to give credence to the idea that you can't wear any amount of armor and be safe against monsters, so it's better not to be burdened by the metal, no matter how light it may be.
If you use the two shields in the game and play with something that allows for hard hits between interludes of attacks you can make something like valorheart for yourself.

What are the burning effigies in Unseen Village suppose to do? If you bump into them a couple of times they go out.

I get that and I basically agree with that design choice. I just think it would be nice to have a special one off armor. Punish by making it slow you down or make it only block pure physical damage or something like that.

Thread theme

Attached: the shekel shuffle.webm (480x360, 3.77M)

I think that's pretty much what you gotta do. At some point, you'll get the rolls so that you hit the head as she lands. DC Amy took me hours but it's one of those parts where I legitimately gut gud since you just can't slug your out of that fight. You'll now see how easy she is, that's the true reward.

The autistically specific think I had in mind was a iron maiden Executioner weapon. You carry that thing with a chain and bash things with it while the tricked form opens the iron maiden and you use as a ram/greatshield that deals thrust damage; maybe make the charged attack a chomp as the iron maiden closes on a enemy.

The ones that deal damage? Stage hazard you can use on enemies.

Attached: zookeeper mirai.jpg (800x1067 846.47 KB, 320.7K)

How do I play higher level arcane, I feel like I'm becoming too reliant on magic.
should I give in to the abyss like I once told the other user and just use bloodbullets to create more instances of arcane blasts?

Is there any lore reason why the Hunters all use Trick weapons?

Why use regular weapons when you can use trick weapons? Also, not all weapons can be tricked. Can't think of others off the top of my head, but there's the fist of Gratia.

I think it all started with Gehrman and his burial blade.

Aren't they made from some special ore from the chalice dungeons?

Yeah. Then it branched off with Ludwig IIRC. Or were the Executioners there first? The branching is probably one of the most confusing things in this game. Every faction has a bunch of offshoots.

Burial Blade and Blade of Mercy are made of siderite, a ore that supposedly fell from the heavens.

Attached: japanese crested ibis.jpg (1280x900, 1.32M)

I think some of the weapon descriptions mention that the oldest ones were supposed to be easy to disguise and then they stopped caring after a period because of how bad things were going.

Why is Memeborne x Kemono Friends so popular?

Yharnam is tanoshii.

Attached: common raccoon.jpg (2000x1576 631.91 KB, 2.75M)

But why?

Cause kemono friends is a malignant cancer that infects everything.

How is it malignant?

Attached: 6dcd4daeff746eb27372147ca991c688a5df33734fc8928858647c78d7269f43.jpg (255x255, 11.54K)

Only slightly less confusing than the timeline. Yharnam, or at least the version we experience, seems to have undergone some type of time compression or entanglement with events and people that should have occurred in the past seemingly having just happened or currently are happening. The burning of Old Yharnam seems like it had only happened maybe a day or to ago from the looks of things even though that was clearly suppose to have taken place some time ago. The Pthumerans, an ancient previous civilization, are coexistent with "modern" Yharnam. Master Willem is spoken about as being a figure of the distant past, of the time of the founding of the Healing Church and a contemporary of Gehrman and Lawrence, and yet he's still alive.
It's like the Night of the Hunt is unending and progressively traps more and more people and places as time goes on. As if there in reality there is only ONE actual Night of the Hunt and it just keeps cycling over and over while attracting more flotsam each time.

Attached: cleric beast.jpg (680x676, 35.43K)

Nips are obsessed with turning everything into grills and KF offers a simple, cutesy style to use as reference. On the other way around, BB serves as a good point of reference to anyone wanting to draw the Friends as bestial and intimidating.

Yeah and there's the theory about Cainhurst being frozen in time but I just mean the factions.
>Healing Church starts its own designated Hunter group, led by Ludwig

Attached: lady maria6.png (800x1222, 1.41M)

So, my understanding of the history of BB is as follows, some events are likely out of order.

Prehistory: Something happens with the Curse, Old Gods, Pthumerians, and preggo queen getting stabbed in the belly. Given the constant allusion to the Old Ones loosing children, I think the queen was bearing a star spawn babby and it getting a knifing or miscarage or something brought about the curse that destroyed Ptheumerian civilization.

1. Some dipshit digs to greedily and too deep and lets the curse out of the tombs where the remenants of the Pthumerians dwell.

2.School gets built over entrence to tombs to figure out what the fuck is going on while men turn into slavering beasts.

3.Workshop founded. Trail and error shows that armor and sheilds are useless against the raw animal ferocity and power of the beasts, but that they are NOT without some sense. Gherman figures out that a good Hunter is going to need a weapon that can A) actually hurt these damn monsters, and B) be useful in a wide variety of situations. So he makes a stick to put his magic sword on, allowing him versatility and SUPRISE MOTHEFUKA. Others follow suit. Since magic star metal from the labryinth is hard to come by, most settle for serrated weapons to bleed their foes out with, and lots and lots of fire.

4.At some point, the eggheads figure out that with some "old blood" a dude can power himself up to be a match for beasts. Of course, this has massive downsides, and bloodmad hunters become a problem

5. Lawrence leaves the abby and founds the healing church with the objective of having a more rigid organization than the workshop so that when a hunter inevtably goes mad he's dealt with quickly and quietly.

5.Somewhere in all this mess the Micolash and the Mensis guys figure out the connection between the Curse and the StarSpawn and start doing reeeeeaaaaallly stupid shit to try and become Gods themselves.

6.THeres ANOTHER star spawn picking out people to be it's adobpted chiildren and send them on Hunts. It seems able to keep them from going mad, and makes them efffectively immortal while they are on the Hunt it picks them for. When it's over, Gherman cuts their heads off and they wake up. Seems some remember what happened and still try to hunt without access to the Dream (Like Eileen)

I think anyway.

monster hunter worlds
disgaea 5
bloodborne
Treyarch's black cops on duty
basically shit i wouldn't play on pc or don't have to wait a decade plus to wait before it gets a pc version

The game says the Pthumerians are "super humans who unlocked the eldricht truth" though it's not elaborated by what means they became super humans but whatever it was, led to Queen Yharnam having extremely corrupted blood (likely mercury poisoning) as that's what make them suitable to get DUNWICHED. She births Mergo who eventually gets nabbed by Mensis (she bows to the Hunter after killing the Wet Nurse which might imply we set Mergo free).
Pthumerians start thinning out but some remain (Logarius and the Church Giants seem to be Pthumerians) while Cainhurstians are distant descendants. Some theorize the bloodlickers are the beast form of Pthumerians.

IIRC Isz was the first dungeon they explored and where they found Ebrietas who might be the source of the administrated blood. No clue if this happened before or after finding Kos.

I think Mick and his pals had a more sycophantic approach and just wanted to be Cthulhu groupies hoping to get their brains fried while the others were more proactive in their attempt to trigger evolution (Willem was against blood ministration but I don't think it's really explained what his methodology was though we know it did something).

Attached: church servant.jpg (1768x2526, 314.3K)

You sure it's not just the evil crown making him a semi-crazy ice lich that's making him LOOK like Pthumerian?

Attached: Master Logarius.jpg (1064x751, 87.89K)

>

Attached: cainhurst castle.jpg (1920x1271, 915.25K)

You're leaving out the fact that it's also a joke.

Attached: 15346532.png (800x600, 633.5K)

Annalise, yes. I don't remember the exact item but it's mentioned somewhere that she lost her first child and wants to conceive another.

The most we know is that they're chosen depending on how corrupted their blood is, hence why Annalise has her servants hunting for dregs.

Their own cleric beasts are quite the headscratcher. They're dressed and have some knowledge of magic like some sort of Kin ascension but with the beast form.

Well, yeah but that doesn't contradict the fact that they thinned out. There's simply less of them and they started racemixing.

They seem to have been killed when the blood moon appeared and all hell turned loose, probably by the caskets and legwolves.

Whats up, I just played the DLC for the very first time. Whats your guys' thought on it?

It was a much needed addition all the way around.
It gives us:
Fishing Hamlet was one of my favorite parts of the game too.

Far as I am aware, History lesson time

>Shit hits the fan, humans transform at superspeed (within a night) and basically all the Mensis blokes/residents get sucked into Mergos loft/die with their soulless corpses making up the walls. This is the first major hunt and the night Old Yharnum gets torched, Choir say fuck that and don't want to deal with that shit and shut the gates (note proximity between Yhargul and OY) When The hunt Began, the Healing Church left us, blocking the great bridge to Cathedral Ward, as Old Yharnam burned to the ground that moonlit night. Huntersquad gets overwhelmed and have to employ peasant militia. Remember this, hundreds/thousands die, with the sole result being Micolash is in the Nightmare

Attached: track.jpg (1672x752, 409.56K)

I thought the story after the prehistory was basically:

Then the church is founded, vilebloods happen, etc.

Attached: 668ae25058d71791fed9282ca3bb141cc08a06d6efd0c7a77163d7446eebc0da.jpg (1200x1200, 293.78K)

Checking the descriptions, it gives the impression Ebrietas is post-Kos: "It was also the first Great Chalice brought back to the surface since the time of Byrgenwerth."

The village massacre wasn't to hush them though, it was basically scientific autopsies.

Attached: lady maria12.jpg (1280x905, 130.73K)

Attached: 870859eb531d4671182e11dee28afb30eeb61dcabc466b25fd016e115173bb7f.jpg (225x225, 8.65K)

Wasn’t this meme supposed to be about Nintendo?

D&C fags will use any jewish tricks.

Apparently it has expanded.

Japanese is hard to learn.

I get the distinct impression from some of the dialogue that Byrgenwerth actually killed Kos in some fashion. Her physical body anyway.

So what exactly is it about the Paleblood moon that causes everyone in Yharnam to die? Specifically all those people you could go talk to at their doors/windows.

Its not the moon in the sky that gets them, its the blood in their bodies. And what makes you think they died? All they do is stop responding; could just be that they went to sleep for the night.

The fact that many of them weren't doing too well the last time you get to check on them before the moon.
So do they all succumb to the beast curse or something?

That seems to be the implication from what I can tell. Either that or they're eaten by family members that become beast.

The Mensis Ritual, what ever it was, draws the moon close and "blurs the line between human and beasts" as an unintended side effect. But yes it is the blood in their bodies that compounds the effect.

That one crazy guy in deep Cathedral ward survives. Maybe the old woman in the forest too although she wasn't sounding too hot during the blood moon.

Who? The dumb ass you save? On that note, that motherfucker is so goddamned stupid that the blood moon does nothing to him.
Incidentally, it's interesting to note that the blood moon is a localized phenomenon. From Paarl's yard you can see the sky over Yahar'gul but it's still the regular full moon.

Attached: plain doll43.jpg (680x1000, 79.12K)

When you go to the bottom of the Healing Church Workshop and you come into that little town that leads you to the elevator that leads to grand cathedral. You know how you go if you don't buy the emblem to open the gate. There's one guy behind a door down there that will keep talking to you all night.
That asshole must have negative insight or something. He's dense as hell.
I don't think the blood moon ever comes to any part of Old Yharnam. Same with Cainhurst too I think.

Incidentally who is this semen demon?

I kinda see what you mean. Is it the guy who says "A night of curses. A night to remember."?
Couple of notes about that area:
1 - there's a door with a little staircase that has a set of tombs blocking it. I put a "reeks of superior being" message there one with character. On this matter and it's something you'll notice if you look around the town, particularly non-traversable areas, there's a lot of shit that makes no sense in terms of housing and urban planning (I'd say Gilbert's "house" already makes no goddamned sense). All the props are pretty well done but seem rather lazily piled up just to create a sense of scale.
2 - on the way to the Brain Sucker, there's a narrow alley that looks inaccessible but not narrow enough for you to not squeeze in that's blocked by a little mound of dirt. If you run up that mound and jump, you can land on it and if you move forward, you'll be treated to a DeS fall-through-eternal-grey-screen death.

IIRC the Blood Moon only affects Central Yharnam, Cathedral Ward (including Upper Ward and Workshop), Hemwick and Yahar'gul.

Attached: plain doll53.png (400x733, 225.57K)

Yeah, that's him.
I always just considered that more evidence that the "real world" of Yharnam is actually another dream or semi dream. The fact that all the plants are dead or dying to is another thing.

Not any more.

Attached: soynix.png (770x490 54.48 KB, 216.07K)

Yes, except here. because Mark is a Nintencuck and goes on Damage Control anytime people insult Nintendo

Attached: friendly reminder - v is Nintendogaf and Mark is a nintentoddler.png (1527x936 94.74 KB, 610.88K)

Attached: diagnosis.mp4 (480x360, 253.38K)

you must be new

I am talking about the fucking soyjak shit you were defending.
It's one of cuckchan's nu-wojaks that deserve to be banned on sight.

are you just making shit up now??
what the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: omaba.gif (245x220, 551.23K)

There is no cuckchan meme that this user posted, you retard. What the fuck are you saying? Just how autistic are you?

He is probably just a dumbass shill.

Explain yourself faggot.

He means the wojak one with his mouth contorted into that soy fear grimace. No data on how prevalent it is on cuckchan but the one of wojak that is red and screaming with veins popping out is definitely crawling all over that place and never took off here despite being forced occasionally by cross posters. Granted I only checked cuck/v/ once during the height of the red wojak spamming because I noticed it was only posted by people who made really awful posts and used that formatting (you know the one) in their posts so I had to confirm.
Interesting though the more time that passes, the more cuckchanner stand out and the more divergence the memes of here and there have. It's like we're undergoing an evolutionary change similar to when the niggers stayed in africa and the europeans to be left it.

I'm planning to play Blooborne with my uncle's PS4, is PSN subscription shit required to do online play?

Attached: chen is curious.jpg (290x225, 24.04K)

Yes. Wouldn't want a shitter like you interacting online anyways.

Thank you for the answer

Attached: all smiles.png (308x320, 78.01K)

Before this thread reaches its bump limit, does anyone know any good places to farm Nourishing Blood Gems? I'm asking this because i'm playing the damn thing offline and i'm not going to farm the defiled chalice amygdala more than once just so i could pimp out my Holy Moonlight Sword.
Speaking of the guiding Moonlight, was the sword supposed to be a proxy for the Moon Presence? Since Ludwig actually reversed his Beasthood for a little while just so he could swing his sword one last time, not to mention that he said that the sword was his 'true mentor' all along.

Didn't they called her from the depths and then 'defiled' her for 'eyes'?

It's gonna be a real pain in the ass but try the gargoyles at Cainhurst. It's probably better if you try your luck making your own FRC Ihyll dungeons, if you get those same gargoyles there, you can get +19% Nourishing gems with a lot of frequency.

More than anything, it's a reference they put in every game in the series. I think it dates back to King's Field.

She washed up on the shore and died during childbirth.

Attached: plain doll57.jpg (1319x2048, 990.67K)

Thanks fam

Attached: naisu.jpg (600x600, 60.22K)

Should I play Demon's Souls and Dark souls before Bloodborne? I have access to a PS3 but would have to buy a PS4.