Diablo 2

I'm looking out to play Diablo 2 after having mastered Diablo 1, I know that at this point Diablo 2 players know the most optimal way to play the game, are there any anons willing to start up some Diablo 2 discussion? I'm looking out to play as the Paladin myself.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/njkX22gb
classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/experience.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't put any points into Energy (even if you're a Sorceress).
Keep stats and raise them to fulfill requirements.
Pump points into Vitality.
If you're a bow Amazon pump points some points into Dexterity and get your survivability from %leech because none of those bow skills give you bonuses to attack rating.

For the first one, I went that route for the whole game, but got really annoyed with chugging mana potions. So there's probably a more fun way to play her.

I don't like going with cookie cutter builds all the time. The fun in the game was the variety of fun builds you can make, some revolving around equipment.

If you're looking to master Diablo 2 you're looking at nigger-tier amounts of time because the uber trist requires ridiculously strong builds and the drop rate for the items you'll need is absolute shit. And then the drop-rate for the items you need with the stats you need is even more so.
Be prepared to be doing millions of baal runs.
If you're a newfag it's worth pointing out that you have to create a character on closed battle.net or else the uber trist quest won't work.

Alright, so, so far:
Noted

What's that?

Diablo 1 was better

obvious bait, but i'd like to hear your reasoning behind that post

Uber Tristram is ladder-exclusive endgame content where you fight the powered up versions of three act bosses at once.

There are mods that let you do uber tristram and other ladder stuff in singleplayer. There are also bigger mods that rebalance the whole game.

as someone whose been playing diablo 2 for over 15 years the endgame content is balanced for 3 or 4 builds most of which are paladins.
If you have a group of friends though you could probably do uber trist if you pick skills that compliment each other without having a single paladin.

AND THE FUCKING SPAM BOTS FUCKING CHRIST

What do you mean? Is there any pros to being a paladin?

It's the final endgame quest where you fight uber versions (that's harder than Hell difficulty) Diablo, Mephisto and Baal, all at the same time for an ultra rare item.
It's incredibly hard to get to and even harder to beat. If you decide to go for that you should probably just research what the best character build is and follow everything down to a tee.
It's just the obscene amounts of grinding you have to do that doesn't sit well with me.
t. someone who's done it once
Diablo 2 can still be an amazing amount of fun if you just don't worry about any of that though. To me, the first playthrough through Normal mode is the most fun because the drops are balanced and you can actually beat the whole game on your own.

Its a reasonable opinion to have, nothing baity about it
my reasoning is the same as always

Diablo 2's multiplayer and shit like builds and things of that nature, and certain quality of life features like sprinting (stamina bar is kinda lame though) and other shit like adding a right-hand ability is good, but not enough to elevate t as an overall experience over 1 in my opinion, 2 just felt like too different of an experience and a game that it almost feels incorrect to compare them.
I have other points but I can't remember them right now

I've never actually played D1 for more than 20 minutes but your post is making me reconsider my life choices.
Isn't the whole game basically just about you going down through the cathedral though? Are there any areas besides that and trist?

honestly just get plugY and play single player. having so much fun with my fishymancer. it lets you take stat/skill points out and redistribute. lots of fun for making your own interesting build. huge ass stash space. /players 8 command. and it has ubers too. lots of fun and you can always play tcp/ip with a friend but dont go onto b.net or you get banned, the mod disallows access just in case you click it

The deeper you go, the setting changes, from the cathedral, to the catacombs, to underground caves, and then hell, there are a few small pocket sized extra areas based on the selection of quests the rng gives ya.

Alright, I'll look into it, thanks for the input.

they are op as shit. Basically massive damage of different types (physical, magical, elemental). When you get to higher difficulties you recognize how d2 is supposed to be a party game. Monsters get immunities and high resistances which means fuck all to the paladin.

Also dont ever pvp with a paladin. 9/10 times they will be stunstacking smite like a faggot. D2 isnt a pvp game though and anyone who says otherwise is also a faggot. D2 had this huge potential with pvp what with its open world nature and invisibility to other players but it was utterly ruined by niggers camping the act1 encampment bridge with ice orb or some other such faggotry.

Wow, that sounds incredibly appealing. I might actually reinstall D2 now.
What about open battle.net? Does it work with that?

I was thinking about playing Paladin, but It seems to be too OP from what you say, nevertheless, I plan to play as him either way. Thanks for the info anyway.

The cathedral is just the first 4 levels user, and the levels, quests, enemy variety that can change with each playthrough also varies.
The main thing with Diablo is that its the sum of all its parts rather than focusing on any one aspect in particular.
the gameplay itself is quality, though Diablo 2 improves on it in a lot of ways there is still a very robust and different-feeling nature to Diablo 1's combat system
There's tomes to be found in the dungeon that explain some more details of the plot as it goes along, and every NPC will have something to add in terms of exposition about nearly every quest you receive.
The pacing of the game is great as well. Really one of the biggest issues i have with it is that once you master singleplayer there aren't really any increased difficulties to do outside of multiplayer, which is currently partially broken in terms of the loot system and whatnot
I haven't tried out the HD mod yet but it looks like it'd be a fun experience, though also veeeery different from vanilla.

why play as a paladin if you can play as a necromancer who kills EVERYTHING with his UNSTOPPABLE ARMY OF THE DEAD?
a good summoning necromancer starts out like this:
the only talents you get in the poison/bone category are 1 point in teeth and 1 point in corpse explosion
that only talents you get in curses are just enough to get 1 point in either attract or decripify or both, get them when you reach a high enough level to learn them
in the summoning tree, you first get 3 points in raise skeleton, then you get points in skeleton mastery until you can put 1 point into clay golem, then you put more points into skeleton mastery until level 12, at which point you get 3 points into skeleton mage, then you get 1 point into golem mastery and continue to dump into skeleton mastery until level 18 when you get blood golem, then after getting 1 point into blood golem, get even more points into skeleton mastery until level 24 when you can get summon resist and iron golem, then you get 1 point into those two talents in that order, then you dump even more points into skeleton mastery until level 30, at which you get 1 point into revive, and you shouldn't put any points into fire golem; later on it isn't worth it

once you've hit level 30 and know all of those summoning skills as described, as well as corpse explosion and attract or decripify, you gain talents in this order

first, max out skeleton mastery if you haven't already
then, max out raise skeleton
then, max out raise skeletal mage
then, max out revive
then, max out summon resist; you don't have to max this one out, but you won't be able to max it out if you get decripify

also
YOU DO NOT NEED DECRIPIFY TO BEAT HELL DIFFICULTY
and skeleton mages are actually good, except that poison mages are only good for keeping act bosses and such poisoned so that they won't regen hp when you town portal or if you somehow die because of being clumsy or something

you should only die as a summoning necro that way if either
a: you're clumsy
or
b: you haven't finished animating the maximum number of skeletons yet or don't have any revives up
or
c: your resistances aren't high during or after act 4 on normal difficulty
or
d: you got killed by a guest slinger's bugged javelins, a will-o-wisp's lightning, or a guest claw viper's bone spear or poison projectile or a lightning tower or an undead fetish's corpse explosion because you didn't know that it was next to you before your minion(s) killed it
or
e: you're a new player who doesn't know what to expect

a summoning necro should easily be able to beat every act boss without grinding, but with full-clearing every zone in the act before the act boss… maybe you'd qualify that as grinding, but I'm not so sure myself

beware of the maggot lair on nightmare+ difficulty; it isn't actually hard

if you wanna be a paladin, the only good endgame builds are either smite spam or blessed hammer spam

Yeah, niggerdin is pretty boring to me. Play with some mods

its so much worse than that, user
when your gear gets really good, you can get to the point where you can kill literally any player in 1 hit
and any class can get to that point

if theres a sorc spamming blizzard on the blood moor bridge, its literally impossible for every class to beat her by going across the bridge because the moment you get to the other side you'll, get one shotted

also, I dueled a smiteadin as a barb on hell diff once
I won because I had a unique pavise and spammed concentration, and I was a tank build that stacked defense too, though of course the defense didn't help me at all
we could barely hit eachother

oh, right
a lategame summon necro can have these minions without any +skill items:

all of those minions last until they die except for the revives; revives are so beefy that almost nothing in the same act(except A1 normal) can manage to actually kill them, but revives only last for 3 minutes
revives are literally zombified versions of whatever enemy you casted the spell on, and they get access to all of their spells and abilities, though it doesn't work on bosses or uniques, and a few certain enemy types

You could do that, yeah. Or you can have a team of nothing but paladins.

I'm seeing people talk about having revives, I only played diablo up to half way through my second playthrough, and I had like or maybe 3 reanimated minions. Is there a different kind of revive?

ill be honest, i never played D1 because i had started D2 with friends and never bothered to play it, even when I bought myself the battlechest. i just never had the inclination to play because i thought D2 was the end all that the genre had to offer.

in any case, ill check it out. thanks for the input

Ubers are easy to get, and not terrible to beat. You're thinking of Diablo Clone is the hard one to get (last time I played on actual battle.net it was like sell 100 Stone of Jordan or something. there are literally bots, and a technique to Clone hunting).

Might as well repost my write-up for private bnet d2 server:

pastebin.com/njkX22gb

Literally my first and favorite class. Also the only class I've ever beaten Hell Baal with. I loved being the asshole that walked into a game and lagged everybody else out because their internet connections were horrible.

Also, fuck stair traps. That shit will get you killed in a heartbeat if you aren't quick to go back up the stairs.

Necro is the coolest and most fun character with the best lines and voice actor but amazon gave me a fetish for fit blondes with torpedo titties

Play with medianXL, it makes the game actually fun.

Playing some Battle For Elements with an Amazon. This mod is autistic and hard as fuck, but there's a lot of work and thought put into it.

It's a level 30 summoning skill for Diablo II's Necromancer that retains +1 monster per soft or hard skill point. The monsters keep their skills so I like resurrecting Gloams, Maulers, Act 5 Claw Vipers, and anything that casts curses.

That's a total conversion mod. It isn't really Diablo II. You can actually beat Diablo II with modest gear, but in Median the gear requirement for the mod quests are fairly high and have you grind Act bosses for Arcane Shards/Crystals.

False. I beat it all but last boss of the last difficulty by just playing normally, you only need to grind to take on the insane difficulty dungeons meant for multiplayer

They've probably changed it since then. The last I played it was 2013. Everyone was going on about the deterministic crafting and not rolling the die as much for equipment, but you still had to grind to get the reagents.

The game was not designed for Hardcore play in the slightest and I doubt they revised that portion.

Diablo 1 just oozes it. Diablo 2 is a spectacle but Diablo 1 feels like an actually oppressive environment.
Diablo 2 adding running fucked everything up. The whole point of Diablo 1 and most roguelikes is that you can't escape combat easily if at all, so once you've engaged with the enemy you're set on the fight. It massively decreases the sense of fear and tension in Diablo 2 and all Diablo 2 clones when you can just run away or past fights because you are faster than everything.
Diablo 1 has much less everything, which makes what it does have more meaningful. Multiple of anything can stunlock you and there's almost no chaff enemies put there just to have something to kill.
No bullshit grind required. No thousands of crap items to wade through to find one decent thing. Even white items are worth looking at for most of the game because a better item tier is serious business.
Nothing respawns, everything is set from the moment you start. This means you can't even grind if you want to.
Non-existent, the whole game is about living off the land and what you find. Every game is actually unique.

Diablo 2 ruined the Diablo clone genre.

I beat Hell Mode single player on my own. I remember I usually need to do some extra baal runs at the end of Nightmare since there's a noticeable jump in difficulty.

I did however see a speedrunner plow through the entire game on Hardcore not caring too much about resistances and long term character build. So there's an quicker alternative to my experience.

On a side note, you can get a Lum rune consistently within a playthrough from Normal to the end of Nightmare. With that you can make Smoke and easily get a +50 to all resistances for Nightmare.

I got 5 level 80 characters (not played after beating Baal). And the one for-sure high rune I got so was Sur (if they count: 1 Mal, 3 Guls, 1 Um). I used to think the high rune drop rates are crazier than they really are.

I agree with you on the story building and atmosphere. The story elements placed around Diablo 1 touch on things that Diablo 2 ignored and Diablo 3 slaightered (wouldn't have if we still had Blizzard North). As someone who enjoys playing warriors, Diablo became laughable end game. Once you get highest hit recovery armour and best sword (forgot the stat) it is no challenge and before that it's just.filli g you inventory with hp potions. That being said it is still my favorite one in the series soley because of how memorable the NPCs and boss fights are. I will never forget the first time I fought Lazarus because of the chills it sent down my spine.

Would the Holla Forumsigger community be interested in another diablo 2 private server? I've got a server I could put it back up on.

Last time was pretty depressing.

I generally play single player only because I want to have the saves on my computer. The mindset is that I played a bunch on Battle.net but after my account was deleted I got nothing to show for.

Eh fuck it for now I'm having the exact same problem as last time. "realm is not actived"

agreed
subjective. I don't mind sacrificing some level of immersion and commitment to be able to go faster. the option to change your speed and movement vastly increases build and skill varieties
again that's situational but on the whole I agree, I think the only time you lose out by having as little as D1 has compared to D2 is enemy variety
the problem here is again player preference, many players value a rare item more if it is even more rare that it could be otherwise. A rare piece of gear feels special and unique/character specific if you can look at it and go yeah that's mine, I found it. If it's something that inevitably dropped because higher rates then it has lost meaning
options are players best friends, you can get the game you want if things are just options. If you don't like respawning enemies you can just have a flag to disable it and if you do like replaying content easily you can enable it
now thats just retarded, you can have the best of both worlds at no cost if want to. Skills on the character again adds individuality, despite what you said (I flat disagree) as long as you can change how you invest in them, which you can. On top of that your gameplay is also carved out by what gear you find. The only way you lose uniqueness on playthroughs with reference to items is by aiming for specific ones on multiple tries, which again you can choose not to do. The idea of someone suggesting less ways to interact with the game is a good thing is retarded, go play Gone Homo

I have been playing D2 with someone over LAN recently and I don't understand how experience is distributed.

Does only the one who killed the monster get the EXP? What if someone's mercenary or pet does the kill? Is experience split into two for everyone or does everyone get the full amount they would in single player? I'm asking because even though no one of us played in single player I ended up several levels higher.

Diablo 3 is objectively better shitlords

classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/experience.shtml

The total experience earned for killing a monster is increased by 35% when a party member of the killer is in the same named area, defined as the "level" on the Automap. Then the pool is divided as explained below:The total experience earned for killing a monster is divided evenly among all party members. Each member's share of the experience is equal to the member's level divided by the sum of all members' levels. This Experience Share is then multiplied by another percentage, calculated on a sliding scale that is based on the difference between your character's level and the monster's level, regardless of whether you are in a party or not. The sliding scale only applies if the difference is between 5 and 10 levels. With a small difference (5 levels or less), you receive 100% of your Experience Share. With a large difference (10 levels or more), you will receive 5% of your Experience Share. As a result, high-level characters receive only a small amount of experience for killing low-level monsters. Similarly, low-level characters only get a small amount of experience for killing high-level monsters. This is so that a low-level character running in a high-level party won't receive ridiculous amounts of experience fighting high-level monsters that only his party-mates can destroy.Finally, only those party members within 2 screens of the monster death receive experience.
Your friend was probably too far away for the kills to grant xp.

Follow

Then Concentrations + Hammers for the ultimate short-range damage

Hell mode:
Play naked; no items except for 4 potions

Skelemancer is the most pants-on-head braindead character to play
personally I found Diablo's beam to be the biggest hurdle, but nothing that can't be fixed by TP'ing to town and resummoning my skelly horde by running outside for 30 seconds with my merc out

If you're absolutely fucking new to this game, play skellymancer. Other than that, Hammerdin is also a good first time character, since it's really hard to fuck one up

This nigger is right.

The short answer is 'more focussed, little-no grind'. Also no running.

Hope you played the HD mod for Diablo 1, fantastic challenge and upgrade, borrows a lot from Diablo 2 which i've never played though I've easily spent a thousand or two hours on the first one

HD mod is great with the 60fps option and sliding fov. Extra deleted content was alright but you can see why a lot of it was scrapped.

I miss Holla Forums.net.

You'll need to play a build that gains damage from skills rather than weapons to start. Your paladin is going to get shrekt hard from act 4 nightmare onward unless you have proper gear. Skill based characters do a lot better and can do ilvl 85 hell mausoleum/pit farming without much gear beyond necessary resistances.

Examples would be trap assassin, sorceresses, poisonmancer, javazon.

See:

Don't forget all the interesting places they have in "The Hell" mod. You are using it, right?

So does this mean we are all earning experience slower than in single player? Meaning, a monster that would give 100 XP has its points increased to 135 XP, which is then split into two for 67 XP per player?

but there are more monsters

this is why you always play on players set 8

I think I might be autistic, I've played this game solo with at least ten characters and all of them have been non-whirlwind barbarians

Well, are you having fun?

Paladin Smite build is retard simple and viable all the way up.

Make a sorc. One point into all the prerequisites for frozen orb. One point into all the prerequisites to static shock, mana shield, and teleport. Farm Tristram to level 12. Farm Arcanes and Tomb to level 19/20. Do ancients. Farm Baal to level 39-45. Kill Baal. Go to nightmare and get to Andy. Download a bot and run it until you get enough to do NM meph. Run NM meph to gear your palanigger and NM countess to farm some LR/HR. Repeat until you have enough gear to make an hdin. Dual window D2 so you can rush your hdin with your sorc. Win.
i used to use c3p0. not sure if that shit is still around

sorry meant level 24*
alternatively you can try to do cows if you have killed baal to make leveling your niggerdin easier

Isn't 8 players the max?

Mmm… naked ironman hardcore

I use D2Etal to run a rushbot on my private bnet d2 server.

Just watch Hell speed runs for the optimal play. They go all the way from Norm to Hell Baal in like 4-5 hours. Tbh, watching them cured my lingering interest in the game. It's a trash game that doesn't improve the player in any way. I shouldn't call it a game at all. It's a carefully crafted trap for the mentally unwell with compulsive tendencies. Diablo and its derivatives are crimes against humanity.

Pre 1.10 patch that was generally true, post 1.10 that is usually true up to end of Nightmare. Anything after Hell Act1 it really depends on the character class, the build, and the gear you have on. Most of the time it isn't worth doing players x on Hell mode, and in some cases like rune hunting the player count does not matter. Unless you just want the extra challenge and such.

Sheeeit, I think in one of the older patch the player x command was not capped at 8.

No. The optimal play here is hire someone on jsp and ggrush. some bored people do it for free A couple years back on my shitty net, Normal to Hell Baal would be around 10-30 minutes and I would charge 1-3 HR and all forges and all drops. Probably takes less time now with today's internet speeds and probably 10x cheaper.

If you want to level then you get someone to ggleech Hchaos you. aka run a bot Takes about an hour. Two maximum.

It's a glorified spreadsheet simulator; that's all it is and always will be. The reason why D3 failed was in this regard - they tried to do something new and move away from its spreadsheet autism simulation so they could bring over mechanics from WoW that no one gave a fuck about.

In short, it's a niche game for a niche audience. kill yourself, millennial

You are exactly the type of person I was talking about. You have mental problems and this trap perfectly exploits them. We both know it isn't your choice to play anymore. You must play wherever you go, even in your posts. You expose your entire life and struggle in that single post. I don't even consider it to be you who wrote it, but a more primitive part of you that cannot stop itself or analyze its own behavior. Though, how much you let it rule you is your choice.

Here is an illustration of the division of mind. If he feels like this, then what is making him play the game?

equating speedrunner autism with loot austim is in itself, extremely autistic

Attached: you talk like a fag.jpg (541x318, 119.31K)

The speedruns are for singleplayer play i.e not having someone boost you.

If you aren't playing necromancer with as many skeletons as possible you're playing this game wrong. Druids are ok too, but they don't get skeletons.

No, Skelmages are near useless in endgame end summoners are played with teleport by default, spawning with more than 16 minions will lock them at that spot until you move out of it. You need your minions to rush out and tank the sorrounding blasts.

Dmg against crowds comes from corpse explosion with your merc usually landing the first kill. Dmg against single targets comes from teleporting on it and all minions landing the hit on the designated target. Makes the summoner easily one of the highest phsysical dmg output classes, quickly reaching 90k each hit.

Adding to that, anyone starting out with offline with plugy - gain the teleport skill via an amulet or a class neutral sorceress staff, its a property already possible on blue rolls, so do the math.

I go back from time to time. I usually play as a druid or assassin. I keep the first merc I get cuz she has a bow. I prioritize finding a ring that regenerates my health.
As a druid I use summoning and elemental spells. As an assassin, hit and run tactics with traps does pretty swell
I almost never plays as any of the vanilla characters.

Play patch 1.09. The later patches fuck up balance and like someone in the thread mentioned, there are only a few decent builds to play. In 1.09 you have a lot more build options to choose from and you can make almost every skill work well, albeit a bit slow in some cases. In 1.10+ most of the skills can't be used past Nightmare, much less in Hell.

This. How do we downgrade from installs that start at 1.10+?

I think it's with PlugY. There should also be a way to downgrade from 1.10+ by dropping the 1.09c patch and some other stuff into a 1.10+ install directory, but I can't remember how. You'd have to dig around on google or other forums. Reddit might have some info on this since they tend to do that kind of info gathering for fake internet points.

Install D2SE.

Any non-reddit or 3rd party way would be great so that way I can test and add it to the 8/v/ private bnet guide

These are pretty good posts. The biggest issue with Diablo, PSO, and other similar games is that at the end they only rely on essentially gambling that you get desired loot from an enemy. If you don't you keep doing it over and over until you get it. Its like a sophisticated version of lootboxes, or a skinner box. Diablo despite its cool flavor and good execution is nothing more than glorified slot machine.

I remember years ago when playing borderlands 2 there was a save editor that would allow to add any gear in the game for your character. After getting all the best loot and giving it to my allied players we all stopped playing. The game was so shallow and empty there was nothing left after all the best stuff was taken. A particular memory was when someone asked me to join them afterwards and I asked what are we even going to do? He didn't respond.

Except that Diablo 2 is actually fun to play when you're not playing a cookie cutter build. Playing the game untwinked and struggling through the content is done properly in D2. I actually consider boss runs and farming in general to be the worst part of D2.

Take PoE as a counter example: leveling a new character and getting to end game is the tedious part of the game. Not only that, but the entire worlds is only there as a bait-and-switch for D2 players like me who think the game has any meaning beyond mindless grinding.

You are a fucking disgrace, if you aren't using skeletons you are a loser of the nth tier.

Attached: b5fbbf52eb56d3aa8402ff33468c80835d46743f5b51249e5fe80b52313975c6.png (1262x926, 4.47M)

This is such a retarded post that it's kind of interesting that someone would have this opinion. Disregarding the journey and acting as if farming is the only thing that matters is painfully retarded.

Your goal in single player is to beat Baal on Hell, anything after is just extra. This is doable with the random stuff found on the ground and modest equipment.

Your goal in Battle.net Ladder is to reach level 99 as fast as possible. You generally need a team of 7 other players to get the best experience points possible. You don't even need loot autism nowadays since the competition isn't as fierce.

Of course if you were the item sellers that ruined Battle.net, then definitely the loot autism matters, but those guys ran bots anyways.

Attached: 1ac04dce8356bd5c1f8b74b793166c34e7d9a9a5171ff4f530004ac0419cb461.png (1024x1378, 1.07M)

didnt there use to be a infographic on all this D2 min/max stuff? i couldve sworn i saw something like that on Holla Forums prior to the exodus.

sure, if youre playing it single player. playing it with friends was a fucking blast.

Every game is better with friends.

It was still pretty enjoyable even by yourself, I can't comprehend the magnitude of retarded you'd have to be in order to be confused and frustrated by Diablo 2.

I think he meant he was just bored.

The "I have no idea what I'm doing" and multiple frustrated clipart images implies he was also confused and frustrated.

I didn't notice the cat, but only the people either sleeping or facepalming. I assumw that 'I have no idea what I'm doing' is meant to be followed with 'my life'.

Youre just a faggot. I said mages, you obviously max out everything minion related besides those. Pre t1equip youll easily reach 11-13skels, highend is 14-16 skels, merc and poogolem.

It's a shit reddit tier template image regardless.

christ, calm down faggot, this type of shitposting is expected in pretty much every thread these days

What?

I saw the part Skele, you instandly knew you were trying to hurt my feelings. and anyways you're the faggot for taking this so seriously damn faggot it was just a joke That being said, skeletons are the best way to play this game and any game, and if you think otherwise your wrong and there is nothing you can say in your defense.

Attached: 1471551523522.gif (400x224, 374.76K)

you can raise dex if you want to use a shield, somewhere around 80+ dex is good. Too much dex will put you in block stun forever, since whenever you block your character freezes to do a block animation.

That might depend on character class, build, and expected shield to use late game. If you're a spellcaster that wants to use this kind of shield on a 4 socket monarch, you're better off putting points into Vitality than investing in dexterity for block rate.

Attached: spirit.PNG (1174x402, 54.97K)

I've already sunk such an unhealthy amount of time into d2 due to my love for the grind but hot damn that infinite stash is everything a hoarder could dream of. The real problem now is that you're essentially forced to play sorc for the most efficient grinds unless you somehow manage to get yourself an enigma to make other builds truly viable.

Attached: 48528624bba1112165db5181899bfbfd443b9f10d7562ef746e52d66831d429a.png (300x259, 109.17K)

I always thought the limited inventory space was part of the game for space management and making compromises of what to keep and what not to keep.

As for teleport, you can buy a charged teleport staff from Drognan in Act 2 Nightmare. If he doesn't have it, you can refresh his stock by leaving town and coming back.

Yeah theres tons of charged teles you can use but it costs a lot of gold to recharge so it cannot be spammed much. I played a lot of non-expac d2 and its probably one of the most fun ways to experience diablo for your first time ever. Your inventory is even more limited and the gameplay surprisingly different in a way that makes it feel like you're playing a completely new game. Plugy is just something you'd go for after you've played enough diablo throughout the years and want to have an endless stash with the super saiyan-tier broken ass gear that LoD offers to your builds.

To anyone trying out d2 for the first time ever or coming back to it after a break I'd highly recommend trying out non-expansion characters. You'd be surprised how fun it is

Better atmosphere, music, and voice acting for sure. Unique items were also much rarer to find making them actually special to get than the constant loot drops of Diablo 2. But Diablo 2 did do things a lot better in other areas, like giving you the ability to run, not being restricted to grid like movement, more class and ability variety, and not needing to spend a boatload of money as a spellcaster on spellbooks to have some semblance of firepower.

The quests and bosses are about even in some ways, though there's an unofficial mod that makes The Butcher quest in Diablo 1 better and more menancing.

Pre 1.10, yes. The really old patch versions when class skills were actually fun, ie Amazon Fire Arrows skills were not nerfed to death. Post 1.10, classic version plays like a neutered demo for LoD expansion pack.

Fuck I hate most of what 1.10 brought. Other than some new runewords, it was crap in general. And I'm saying this as someone who played a lot of it both SP and Ladder.

Right, its good you mention this because classic really shouldn't be played in the later patches for sure. If anyone is curious about how terrible amazon is in classic just go check out the ladder. Pallies, sorcs & barbarians as far as the eye can see and occasionally one or two necros. Amazons on the other hand I recall checking out the ladder and one week in you've had most other classes with tons of 80+ characers and an amazon at like level 30 sitting all alone. Strange how blizzard just completely had forgotten classic like that

uniques were also unique and not a straight upgrade from rares. nicely rolled rares can be straight up better than any unique.

So, which patchs are good and enjoyable to play?
Any mods for starters?
wasted hours and hours in Diablo 1 in the ps1, and never got to play 2 because we never had a computer in our house

i only ever played Diablo 3 on Xbox
are 1 & 2 playable today?
can they be played coop over lan?

Attached: why.jpg (600x300, 73.42K)

yes, both definitely are very very playable fag
I don't know about the coop though. I've seen people play D1 and D2 with friends within the last 5-6 years though, but I don't know if it was through LAN

2 is better for coop play, 1 is better for single player.

this:

I had a blast being retarded together with a few friends while farming meph. I think D2 can direct tcp/ip, but not sure

I think yes, but even if not it takes surprisingly little resources to run a private bnet d2 server

For patch versions you might have too look over the patch notes and history, in general somewhere between 1.08-1.09 was okay-ish, some of the more older versions can be arguably more fun but it does have more bugs.
Nobbies mod for D2LoD is good if you want the fun part of 1.10 and balanced for a more sane gameplay in general, actual fun and balance not what bliz definition of "fun" or balance testing. If you want a barebones mod for LOD 1.10 I think there might be an Enable Ladder Runeword txt file.
You can play Diablo1&2 on a cheap, 50$ refurb business box PC nowadays.