When are GPU prices going to drop? I've been considering an upgrade for the past few months...

When are GPU prices going to drop? I've been considering an upgrade for the past few months, but it seems like the worst possible time to do it. I don't know if I should wait it out until the winter or cut my losses and get one before the prices get even higher.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/1rK27
archive.is/zI6Cn
archive.is/T87Yg
archive.is/A4uHq
archive.is/PDZn2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When people stop being kikes and mining their retarded virtual currency with them

Can't wait for the bubble to burst so they all commit suicide.

Soon™

When cryptocurrencies stop being a thing, god fucking dammnit, I hate that shit so much.

They won't stop being a thing for a while.
But you don't need to wait that long.
They'll drop when AMD and Nvidia release the mining focused cards that don't have DVI/HDMI ports.

Right when RAM prices also drop due to the price fixing stopping.
:^)

I mean,i'm STILL rocking a 970 because the 1070 is retarded in price,but im not complaning,it can run anything that matters at max still.

I had read about that, that's not too far away.

I'd be upgrading from a 750, so for me it's going to be a pretty significant jump.

1050 ti might be your thing then,the original price was 130 bucks,provided you can find any place still selling it for that much.

It's further than you think.
March 26 is when they release, but that doesn't mean stores will restock that quickly. It takes a while to manufacture new cards, AMD and Nvidia have to send news chips to cards manufacturers, and then the card manufacturers have to make new cards with them.
It'll take a bit, but at least we won't have to wait until cryptomining isn't sustainable anymore.

I've seen this very post throughout last year into this one right here.

hoo hoo haa haa

consider this:
>its not a bubble

Prices are inflated by vendors, not manufacturers you fucking retard.

What makes you think AMD is based?

BITCONNEEEEEEEEEEEECT

It's not a bad idea. I'd hate to upgrade and then get another card in just a year or two, but it's better than twiddling my thumbs. It'll tide me over through the games my current card won't be able to handle, anyway.

hey if I owned a gaming empire and some peripheric retards are just buying all of my shit for several years I'd also keep the base price up after the retards die down, everyone is now used to those prices anyway. What are you gonna do, become a competitor?

Again assuming you can find it for that price.

Checking these woefully neglected digits

They're only trips,don't get a big dick over it
The huge one is coming soon

A 750 Ti was alright for me running vidya at 1080p until I bought a 1440p 144Hz monitor. It's great for older vidya and certain modern games if you disable SSAO.

If you didn't get in before etherium mining and nand shortages brought about price hikes you're fucked.

I'm guessing it'll take till 2021 for anyone to afford even the mid rage cards.

Yeah, the 750's held its weight surprisingly well for a while, at least at 720p and medium-low settings for me. It's approached the point where it can barely run some new games at the lowest settings, though, and I don't have a prayer of running a few upcoming games.

Its a conspiracy to sell more consoles

When the crypto currency craze completely dies. Bitcoin miners are building machines with like 4 Titans or whatever and inflating the prices insanely high.

I'm upgrading from an r9 270x. I've been wanting a new card for years.
I got a job when the mining craze kicked up last may. Iv'e been dying for for a vega card since im on a 1440p monitor and had a shit experience with nvidia.

Unless they also end up being cheaper and in plentiful enough supply so that there are no shortages, then it's not going to do any good. Even then, GPU prices will be throttled to Mining Card prices - because the moment a GPU is cheaper to buy, miners will buy that instead of a mining card. Especially when a GPU has resale value after it's been stressed to the point of near failure, whereas a mining card is practically junk after it's usefulness has been compromised.

Not to mention that even without the video out components, these mining cards and graphics cards still use basically the same chipsets and resources to create - meaning that high demand for mining cards is still going to make graphics cards more expensive because the demand for mining cards is eating up all the raw materials. Same way RAM is through the fucking roof right now for PCs because of the demand for cheap ram for smart phones.

The only way to even minimally combat mining cards is for AMD/nVidia to shift to direct sales and limit only one graphics card per customer - forcing you to sign up with multi-level verification and allocating production to filling demand from direct customers first before shipping stock out to resellers. Then have a waiting cue until you can buy your next card.

But why the fuck would they hobble their own sales like that when they could just take advantage of the demand and to hell with everyone else.

Yeah I'm a canuckfuck and I held off buying a 1080 because the dollar was shit and inflated prices. Hoping by the next gen of cards it would improve. It is looking like that was a bad mistake.

Unless Nvidia and AMD can purposefully do something to stop their cards from being used for mining I doubt they can do anything to stop it. If it was just top-end cards in demand people would be fine just using slightly older models or just the step downs. However even shit like the 1050 and used 970s are still going for crazy inflated prices.

Those eyes are disturbing.

It already did retard.

No one even mines coins anymore. And China has banned it. They should have come down then.

It's not going to happen until scalpers stop getting returns on selling damaged used cards. I mean Doing Legitimate with Bitcoing™

Yeah because people stop doing something when its banned, right?

It's just another cycle bro. Bitcoin is still more expensive than it was in all of the other "busts."

I am in your similar position, but I bought a cheap gook 4k monitor instead of a 1440p. I'm just gonna wait for Navi.

Duh, don't you know how gun control works?
*Snort*
Fucking republican't.

I don't see 4k getting any better anytime soon. I see that the prices are getting afforadable but I can't stand the fact that 4k monitors are curved if you go past 27".

It's partly the gpu manufacturers fault too though for purposely not increasing supply. It keeps miners foaming at the mouth so they snap up as many cards as quick as possible

Card production has been fucked by the lack of GDDR caused by the insane demand for DDR4. More production capacity is coming online in the second half of this year so prices might start to drop then.

What the flying fuck.
Oh yeah, that's really more economical than gaming on a console, PC brainiacs. Are you fucking kidding me?

You have a point.

And here we have a brainlet trying to derail a thread not about fucking consoles.

Really makes you think

I got a 1070 for 399 on BF.
I would normally never spend that much but for my first gayman PC that I built I wanted to go big. I was stuck with using handmedowns on windows xp with 1 GB of RAM and the same amount of VRAM or laptops with iGPUs before that point.
It feels good to not have to give a fuck about whatever game I'm playing in terms of graphics settings impact on performance and its also hilarious to think I could sell my card for nearly double its value now.

Maybe you should check if they really banned it or the fake news just reported that it was banned :^)

That's all of you right now.

Y'all are just a bunch of size queens.

/thread

Or you know. They actually officially banned crypto

imagine being this retarded

I bought a gtx 1060 6gb at $200-220ish before the mineniggers caught on.

It was on sale near me too.

fucking this, remember HDD prices with flooding? I think it took 2-3 years to get back to normal levels because kikes keep the abnormal prices long after the craze so they rake in more

They will. That's the fucking point.

Your post was so bad it even says b8 in your ID

Dang. When and where was this out of curiosity?

nice-desu ~

Mine was in post-saracenland.

It's just fucking absurd that at least here a 1080 costs 700 bucks more than a 1050ti. The mining meme needs to die.

I'm on jewegg and I'm seeing some 750-800 dollar 1080s user

Man I remember wanting to build a computer when I was younger. The only thing stopping me was that any decent GPU cost at least 300 dollars. And that was for the entry grade ones. Now 300 dollars gets my a top of the line card. GPU prices have already dropped substantially. If you're buying a $1000 card you're either doing it as a meme or you got a lot of money and don't want to think / figure out whats the best card for your budget and just want to "buy da best".
We are at a point where you can get the last generation card and still be able to handle the vast majority of games on high. All you have to do is wait a year for the new cards to become "old".

But user, doens't bigger number mean its bettter? :^)

Oh shit that makes total sense. I mean 2 is bigger than 1…right?

if you actually want a good new video card, you're stuck buying used. the good news is there hasn't really been any PC games worth playing these past few years, its either console ports with copious issues, or flat out indie shit which will still run on a pentium 4. If you want new games that are actually worth playing pick up a console.

In the future no would be able afford computing power for cheap it all would be spent on mining. Money and computing power would converge into single substance.

Mining is just used as a way of consensus in PoW. Once better alternatives get developed, like PoS, it will eventually not be profitable.

Christ almighty 200 dollars for the 1050 ti.

Retard here. Can someone please explain to me why bitcoins and etherium are worth anything?

When retards stop falling for the cryptokike meme.

Because you can buy things with it.
Money is worth as much as the things it affords you.

Just buy a Titan V. In stock at MSRP. I don't see mining going away, and hopefully manufacturers don't either so they increase supply a bit. Prices are slowly getting back to normal too as long as you avoid shitty resellers. If you can stand waiting I'd say the longer you can hold out the better from a price perspective.

But what do you buy?
Why does anyone accept it? They're not backed by any government. Is it a corporation thing? If I'm selling drugs or CP why would I ever expect a monetary return on this shit?

You already can buy food, phones and some other shit with crypto in certain places.
So yeah, it werks.

The initial phase is always hard but through time and more users it became sort of stable and accepted. (And uses up more energy than an atom power plant provides because Bitcoins energy use increases exponentially)

If chinks banning shit worked there wouldn't be thousands of them roaming around on chinks hope.

That's what I've been eyeing today, since the price is only hiked about $50 more instead of $500 more. Is there really not a significant difference between the 3GB and 6GB variants? DigitalFoundry did a comparison and it seemed more or less the same.

About 10-15% worse, you're not getting bottlenecked by VRAM as much as people would tell you.
If you really wanna go cheap try looking for a Yeston brand one, I've seen them as low as 259 bucks about a week ago.

Study basic economics or read a simple introductory article on it.
Faggot

I only paid $284 for my Asus STRIX GTX1060 6GB, and $162 for my GTX1050ti 4GB. Should I sell? I just sold my old STRIX GTX960 4GB on Craigslist for $150…

holy fuck those prices
I mean I really won't fault anyone for choosing console over this jewry, and I don't own any of them

Yakuza made ps4 worth having.
Even if barely so.

Bitcoin was invented by a team of engineers at Nvidia under the moniker Satoshi Nakamoto ; a crypto-currency that literally has no purpose and no one understands.

Comparing stock prices of Nvidia shares over time from 2009 onwards gives a very clear picture of this.

lol

Supposedly they're entirely separate cards with the same name to make you think the 3gb is just as good as the 6gb. I don't know anything about ram requirements though.

The 3GB version has less CUDA cores in it (or at least activated) so it's not just a vram difference.

Some retards really need to read a few books

But goy! It's the future of money! Forget that retards are using it as a purely speculative resource and hope the pyramid attract more retards in
**|
|>

Get a loan, buy your card and mine memecoins to pay the loan, the card pays for itself, this is the perfect plan and nothing could go wrong.

Seeing the prices on op's picture makes me fucking glad that I bought my video card before the mining craze, holy shit these prices are fucking insane, no fucking way the 1070 should be this expensive after being out for so long.

GPU prices right now here in germany
archive.is/1rK27
archive.is/zI6Cn
archive.is/T87Yg
archive.is/A4uHq
prices increased a lot, I have a older screenshot somewhere, trying to find it right now

Not if production steps up to cover the higher demand. As the current demand stands, they can only earn money if they invest into production to produce more cards at a much lower cost since mining doesn't require at much quality assurance as normal usage does.

found it. A Gigabyte 1080 Ti used to be 725€, same card now costs 1099€
archive.is/PDZn2

Kill la kill yourself

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE WANTS TO GET RAPED AGAIN

got a 1080 for 650 few weeks back.

just get a gtx 1080. the memory bandwidth on vega 56/64 is nowhere near as impressive as the Fury cards were compared to the 900 series. You'll save money on your power bill.

i could have bought a new gtx 1070ti for $500 at release, fuck me

in like fucking 10 months with actual prices and that is if you can guarantee full uptime and stability, and if it doesn't die before that time making you lose a month while you claim warranty, also maintenance.
0/10 would not mine even with gift money, i rather spend a couple extra hours at my job and i could earn what one of those cards can make in a month.

ffs.

pretty much, crypto is still profitable, but you need to get stacks of like 48 cards at minimum for it to be a worthy alternative to a minimum wage job, and at that point having to do maintenance and frequent checks crypto mining becomes also a job on its own.

is it possible to run DDR3 RAM in a motherboard that came with DDR4?

Literally Google, genius.

Yep those 1kw GPUs are all the rage these days.

Normalfags are driven off the internet and computers in general as it become too costly again. Eternal september ends. There is peace again.

Even though Bitcoin kind of imploded, fucking everyone and their grandma is trying to get into the racket now, so everyone is buying up GPUs and driving up the market price. Shitty news blogs and MSM outlets are trying to run bitcoin scams through their ads and site scripts. It's absurd. So fuck those price gouging faggots, but also, bless them for kicking wannabe internet billionaires in the dick for being fad chasing retards. These people are no better than people who buy dozens of new consoles on release and then sell them at 500% markup.

Different geographical locations have different electricity costs, dipshit. Not everyone pays next to nothing like your ghetto apartment.

You're just as bad

Heh

That was a hoax, the Chinese government was hacked.

I still have a GTX 670 and it does the job, you're all fucking entitled.

The 670 is better than what I currently have you fucking moron

I see you created your own blog website

I remember a whebbitor was going to off himself because he took a life savings sized loan out because he thought bitcoin was just going to keep getting hotter before the crash.

at a normal us rate of .14 per kwh your cost would be over 2kw but don't mind me I'm just a humble gentile in my low income apartment.