Turn-based games recommendations

Recommend me one of these 2 or another modern decent turn based game Holla Forums.

Darkest dungeon is already a terrible chore at higher levels, Age of Wonders 3 is ok, but flawed and quickly gets boring.
Older titles such as Heroes 3 and Disciples 2 have been played to death. King's bounty is kind of meh. Fallen enchantress, Endless legend are kind of meh. Battle for wesnoth is ok, but some of the missions just become insanely difficult.
Battle brothers seems like the only other alternative.

Please give me some recommendations Holla Forums. The more fantasy themed, the better.

Mordheim. good luck finding anyone to play against online, its pretty much dead.

But dubsman, is the base game good ? All the running, climbing and hiding in third person seems really odd for a guy who is used to playing top down looking turn-based games.

Play Age of Wonders 1 & 2, they do differ from each other in the series.
Warlords if you don't have anything against very old series DOS era
I do remember Battle Isle 4: The Andosia War fondly but no clue if there's english version.
X-Com if you want bullshit RNG: The Game experience.

Turn-based games were never good.

XCOM

It's a strange beast, but you get used to it. I don't play it much anymore, there's something about the RNG that just throws me into a teeth-gnashing rage. Not even Xcom did that.

Front Mission
Bahamut Lagoon

Apparently there is english version of Battle Isle 4, I was aware only of German, Czech, Polish and Russian ones.

English gameplay

t. 10 year old sperglord

Dark Quest 2 seems interesting. What's it like?
Also you might dig Steamworld Heist. It's a simple turn based side scroller where the whole gimmick is ricocheting shots off of walls and whatnot.

Expeditions: Conquistador
Jagged Alliance 2
Legends of Eisenwald

If new XCOMs are too simple and rng for you
It's pretty good
classic
good. pure skirmish though.

Did you try wargames?

Avernum is nice for RPing. The combat is kind of tedious but you can say the same about all turn-based games.

Fuck. That.
I got butt raped by 20 of them and later 45 zombies with a necromancy

That's a good one, very period appropriate.

Panzer Corps is also good if you're looking for a modern Panzer General clone. Neat German campaign that lets you invade England and eventually the US as well.

Didn't the expansion for Hard West feature an escaped slave protagonist? How pozzed is it anyway?

Another good one is Silent Storm and the sequel, Silent Storm Sentinels. Set in alternate WW2 with power armor. Also, another good one is Fallout Tactics if properly modded.

For RPGs there's Geneforge, though the combat is secondary to the writing and the non-linear narrative.

I didn't notice anything off in Hard West as far as I can remember. The story involves lots of spooky demon undertones and fitting music - can't go wrong with that in combination with the western theme. I liked it.
Always wanted to play that. Now it's 2018 and it's still in my backlog.

Ask your mum to come over and you can take turns sucking my dick

this thread is pure shilling.

The Base game is good. The story is meh, but the gameplay far outshines it. Because thats all its about, the gameplay. The Third-Person camera sounds wierd, but you get used to it real fast. Its also good for determining Line Of Sight, since terrain is #D, then you kinda need to know if that window or wall or hell even corner post will block incoming shots.

This is also a true statement. If you love RNG, then Mordheim is the game for you.

Aside from that, the only turn-based game I could recommend is HoM&M. Or Valkiria Chronicles and one of those is inferior to the other.

Nice, it plays like valkyria chronicles I take it?

If you're looking for a game that plays like VC you can also find Hogs of War. It's a fairly old game, but pigs fighting pig WW1 never gets old.

Cool, thanks, will look at that too.

What about Etherlords 2? The combat system is heavily based on Magic: The Gathering. Made by the same devs behind Silent Storm and HoMM5

Silent Storm Sentinels is pretty crap. Way too much grinding. Encouraging the player to minimize squad inventory or using a mule character upon going into a mission to maximize loot to sell is idiotic too.

The 4x genre is just not impressive to me. Legend focuses tons on building, and that doesn't help.
Bounty is meh after playing heroes and disciples.

How was Dark Quest/2?
I heard slightly above average.

Blackguards (Avoid the sequel. It's shit)

Eador: Genesis and Thea - The Awakening. Both made by Slavs.

Chess doesn't have RNG.

Enjoy your garbage

Expeditions Conquistador is a really great turn based tactical RPG.

Depending on what crew memebers you pick, you'll get different events over the course of the campaign depending on their personality traits and other parts of their character, and you get into choose your own adventure esque elements with deciding how to respond which also them impacts what other events you get and the result is a very replaybale game. The setting is obviously pretty underrated as well, not many games set in precolonial mexico: You can go full Holla Forums and rape and pillage everything and wipe oout heathens or you can decide to pursue peaceful relationss, etc.

Goldbox Games

Then how do you know who plays white? Its not a mirrored game since they have an advantage

You agree to let someone start playing as white. Zero RNG required.

Divinity OS2 has the best turn based combat I have played in years.
Also Battle Chasers is fun.

Fuck off underage

I wanted to like this game so much, it has good atmosphere, nice story, a bit generic but solid gameplay but the translation just makes it unplayable. Seriously, it got to a point nothing made sense, its even worse with the side quests. Still, the whole game was made by 1 guy and thats impressive, I gotta give him credit for that.

Hes right though

Templar Battleforce is pretty good for what it is. It's basically a fan made space hulk with its own fleshed out universe and campaign.

Vandal Hearts 1+2.

Unless you are looking for opinions on the best loli in a JRPG you are wasting your time OP. Come home to the Codex.

I'd sooner give up shit posting entirely than ever go back to any forum. Fuck off queer.

Emerelda from Xenogears. She can turn into a hammer.

Silent Storm if you haven't played it yet.

Now that is a question that requires some serious debate, master debate and dick voting.

Armello

Whats your stance on jap games?
I assume it's not your thing as your list was very western based.
The GBA Fire Emblem games are good to emulate- and apart from the art-style and some screwball characters, it feels like a western fantasy setting.

Disgaea 4 is also excellent for replay value. Complete the game's story; then replay it increasing your enemies levels, aim for other endings, explore item worlds to make your best gear better or grind.
However- it's a must pirate. The localization studio is shit. Dis 4 is one of the few games they've worked on that are bug free. The complete edition has a bug where a certain voice clip from a certain enemy can crash the game.

Dark Quest 1 was damn close to Hero Quest (the board game). How it didn't get sued I don't know.
Dark Quest 2 seems to have more interesting layout of the dungeon. I wouldn't know any more than that though. I'm guessing if you've ever played Advanced Hero Quest- expect that?

For jap games tactics ogre looks great, but I'm not sure how it goes with emulation.
I get mixed messages from disgea, it has the good tactical turn-turn based game look, but with ultra flashy and goofy designs on top.

Oh god yeah, Disgaea is balls to the wall stupid. Over-the-top attacks and over-the-top damage numbers on each "loop".
You've got Weapon Skills, Monster Skills, Main Character Skills, Magic, Team Up Attacks, and Monster Transformed Into Weapon Skills.
Probably not your thing by the sound of it. You can skip animations however.

If you like Tactics Ogre, look into Final Fantasy Tactics. I liked FFT Advanced the best, and Grimoire of [something] got boring pretty fast (and it gives you too many special characters so it makes it feel a waste to raise your own party).

seconding this opinion, it's surprisingly really fucking good

Super Robot Wars is actually the most mechanically interesting and complex j-trpg.

Disgaia is shit, there's no actual strategy, just grinding.

I really wish it was, I tried so hard to like it but literally all you do is the same chokepoint set up and coin flip for every single possible scenario in the game. It's also obscenely luck based, your starting character has say a 20% chance to hit and dies in two hits, your end game 40-hours-into-campaign-only-quarter-way-through-miraculously-somehow-a-starting-character-is-still-alive character has a 24% chance to hit and dies in two hits. The devs tried too hard to make it like the tabletop game, but not only failed miserably but also failed to realise that the tabletop game was designed FOR TABLETOP, the two mediums are different and require different desing. Real Mordheim also plays about 1000% faster; you could find some actual Mordheim mini's on ebay, learn how to paint them and do so, then find some local Mordheim players and go through a whole campaign of real Mordheim while someone playing the videogame won't even have reached the first story mission, not mentioning that they have about a 60-70% chance of needing to start all over around the 20 hour mark on account off having an unsustainable party. As I said I really, REALLY wanted to like the game but in retrospect I frankly gave the game too many chances and too much credit for trying, it's just not a good game.

Pretty gay tbh. The mission design better be unbelievably good otherwise I can't just see myself continuing playing the game. The combat system isn't particularly unique or compelling and unlimited respecs greatly cheapens any RPG or squad building game.