MMO

Sell me on an MMORPG.

I don't care if it's not out yet or what kind of developer it came from. I don't care if it's a private server or one you have to pay to play. I just miss the open world full of people to interact with.

Tell me
>How much fun is it?
>Why is it fun?
>What have you done that has made it fun for you?

Also last MMO thread was on page 11, so MMO thread.

wew

Nothing stops you from bumping that thread you double nigger. Delete this thread and lurk more.

MMORPGs are shit games that were only popular back then because they were technically impressive. Putting thousands of people in a same server severely limits gameplay and until we can get shit like proper real time combat that isn't a targeting fest or simply dumbed down gameplay in general to accommodate for the huge player size, MMOs will always be shit.

Are you retarded? Do you like doing the same thing for days, weeks, months or even years for little to no gain? Do you like like grouping up with people that are even more retarded then you? Do want to join a guild of people that have no interest in helping you but bitch and moan if you don't help them? Do you want to pay a monthly fee for the privileged of all this? Then litearlly any MMO might be for you.

Realm of the mad god. It used to be fun, especially if you had a good group of friends to play with. Decent single player game too if you ignored people. Forming a group of friends naturally and grinding out dungeons was maximum comfy. Econamy was fairly stable but if you gotgud you didn't need it. Then the devs sold the game off to kabam and they preceded to rape the game with pay2win bullshit and bleeding the playerbase dry. Then kabam sold the game off to another company that preceded to do the same thing. The game sucks nows. Everyone I used to know from that game is gone now.

Asheron's Call Emulator

Turbine publicly made comments to release the server to the public so we could run custom/private servers. Warner Brothers reneged. WB shutdown Pea's PhatAC server emulator (allegedly because he used leaked assets to avoid reverse-engineering). ACE is open-source and does not use leaked data to assist its development.

-Can explore the world as it was when WB turned off the servers.
-Open source.
-Combat not functioning (yet).
-Quests not fully functional (yet).

When it gets to the point combat works I intend on hosting a pvp-only (I was an officer in the Blood guild on Darktide) for us. I've made minor contributions on the github.

How will they ever fix this?

Project Gorgon is going beta and coming to steam in a month
it is a good time to play once again with Holla Forums and check out all the improvements and new content.

I can't wait to start up the animal PC racism again.

Remember, Spiders are cool and make for good sub-classed Necromancers and Mentalists since they have loads of trap and assassination moves, Lycans are fucking wolves so they're cool only if because they're non-commital to the animal class, and all Cows and Pigs must be cured. If you see a Deer player, kill him if he doesn't accept a cure potion to undo his curse, for he is the worst kind of freak and must be bullied excessively.

All farm animal PCs and Deer are second class citizens and must be shat upon and treated as the vermin they are.

Spider PCs are actually cool, though, since their class actually meshes with the shit that isn't locked and they don't need Words of Power to talk to Serbule NPCs.

If you're going to be a cursed animal class, focus entirely on magic since all weapon techniques get locked when you're cursed. Deer are summoners, Cows are tanks, Pigs are support and item finding, and Spiders are rouges with loads of utility and lockdown.

Lycans are DPS, and you don't have to commit to being a wolf, but the game will lock you into that form during a full moon, so prepare

Animal Classes are meant to be a harder way to play the game, so you have to set up and quest as a human first because you'll get locked out of loads of shit if you get cursed.

All cursed forms are a bit expensive to get out of, so don't drink any Juices until you're sure.

autism the post

no shit

im playing right now. there's no questlines yet, its mostly just grinding for skills, and there will be a full inventory reset at the end of the year, but your skills will stay.

hit me up in game fam, pic related.

The amount of people who want to dedicate their lives to an MMO to that degree is way too small.

The only kind of post worthy for Autism The MMO

I would have liked that game if it didn't have permadeath.

there's an event right now where you can turn into a spider back and forth without any consequence or price. the NPC that turns you into a/back from a spider is outside serbule.

MMORPG is the poor mans game. Of mind soul body and wallet. Play a real game, play RTS.

heres the retarded part but its what maxed me out for like the 4th time in the shittest game possible
havent signed in since
fuck that game

was this a good greentext?

best MMO i ever played was age of empires online (think age of empires + warcraft gear), but they took it down after a couple years, i played for 6 months and was rank 7 global with a 10th of the games of anyone else, think there might be a private server going now, could get in on that, else i wouldnt bother MMOs are retarded trash, they are either shit or you dont know if they'll be gone tomorrow.

I have a MMO just for (you)
Its your favorite game of TES, but ONLINE

Look man I just want a game where I can regularly get a false sense of accomplishment and make cute girls

Shores of hazeron.

I hate most MMOs because they always have some elements of WoW. Not this one.

This game is like "Lets make a first person sim city in space, and give it multiplayer".
It's super fun and you basically make a race of aliens and go from stone age to space age, while trying to build more cities and colonies to expand your empire.

Positives:
-Unlike anything I've ever played
-No loading times between planet to space to another solar system
-Custom building and ship design system
-micromanagy and makes you feel like a god-emperor

Negatives:
-ten bucks a month. It used to be free
-Moving to subscription killed most of the community
-the game is ugly as fuck
-random wildlife abominations attack you out of nowhere.
-very hard to learn at first

Everything about that and their website tells me that this game is made by actual autists.

Ok I like to shill I like for free.
For me it's very fun.
Flexible combat system encouraging you to play all the classes to mix and match their passive and active skills and weapons.
Fought giant bosses, customized cool transforming mechs, rode and flew around a fuck huge beautiful map, made myself so fucking invincible even the super bosses are easy fights for me.
No idea.
What economy? At some point you just stop needing money and fuel and just grind for enemy drops make affixes/mods.
Yes, that's why I pirated it and just hacked in all online-only content.

You sire seem like a trustworthy man, I will upvote your comment and also endorse the great game that is TES: Online!

Oh look it's .
I love playing too, it's a really fun game.

Dead since UO died although I admit there were some fun gook MMOs throughout the early 2000s but they all turned to shit or shut down as expected. Wait until VR MMOs really work out well and take off then ask Holla Forums again but not before.

It's Xenoblade X.
I'm sorry user.

Feels bad man; at least they said they could basically keep GW1's servers up indefinitely because of how cheap they are to run.

MMORPG-7
Everyone armed with an RPG-7 in a fully destructible environment
All activities done using RPG-7 such as fishing.

Why? MMORPGs are passable-to-outright-bad as games that reward time investment over learning. They've also failed as glorified chat programs, as the only people who give enough of a shit to talk to strangers only do so if there's something to gain from it.

OSRS

In the current survival meme games (Rust, ARK) you go to sleep and people can pilfer through your shit if they can get to your body. That's also been done in some of the waaaay back multiplayer games.

Why would anyone in their right minds play something like this?

Mein nigger

I used to play this, but then it shut down (then went back up behind the paywall). This game would be amazing if the engine sucked ever so slightly less

Are they doing a full wipe once beta ends?

FF14 is pretty good, but

FFXI used to be good. Now shit because there's literally nothing to do since they decided to raise the level limit without retrofitting the existing content.

Alright. Lineage 2 Classic shill user here.

Lineage 2 Classic is an official rerelease (with some changes from the original) of old-Lineage, that is, a server hosted before NCSoft fucked the game up with attempts to get the WoW audience.
It's a very 'hardcore' Korean grinder with what many consider to have the best mass-PvP dynamic in MMO history, and one of the best class ecosystems in MMOs where approximately ninety percent of classes have a valued role and dynamic to add to the game. Castle sieges every 2 weeks to determine rulership over certain regions on the map, 1v1 Olympiad tournaments every weekend to compete for your class' top spot with benefits if you win, 9v9 party based skirmishes with rival clans, etc…
It's not a game to play if you can't devote autistic amounts of time to grind, but if you enjoy community-based MMOs where parties are required to progress after a certain point, and don't mind PvE as a vehicle to take you to large-scale PvP engagements, it might be the MMO for you.
It's not without its flaws which I can cover in more detail, and there are some hurdles for NA players to overcome if you're a burger, but if you or anyone else is interested I can elaborate more. My main is fairly well off on the server and I can assist newfags with equipment/a duo to start out with.

please you forgot the best part!

That was always the goal from the very first time they raised it above 75. If you look at the development timeline of both FFXI and 's shitheap, there's a clear correlation where FFXI players were being actively shunted away from the game, preferably into FFXIV.

But does this server hold the population to make it worth it?
That's a shame. How much time would you say? Are there things to do beyond just mindless grind?

Old runescape.

No one fuckign cares about PVP

The EU classic server maintains a healthy pop of around 1,600 to 2,000 pending on how hard the top alliances are strangleholding the resources for newbies. There's very interesting clan politics which influence a lot of the server for the 'plebs'. Slavs fucking love this game though, their classic server averages 6k pop after the western playerbase drove them off the EU server.
Most CPs (constant/closed parties) actively exp for 3-4 hours a night on their set days where they're active. This won't apply to newbies until you reach a level where you'll be joining one, assuming you play a class coveted enough to find a spot. If you can play that much or more you can make progress solo all the way to about 60, (level cap 85 but for all intents and purposes it might as well be 78).
There are some quality of life changes to help new players without a support network, but it's still commonplace to have multiple accounts boxing to support your main if you don't roll one of the very few solo-capable classes.

I like elite dangerous

I hope you like spaceships
space-trucking, piracy, whatever you want
autisticly customize and micro-manage my small fleet of starships for thier specific rolls, get my name put on star systems that no-one has ever been to
forum dads, cool RP guys, soulless gankers
trade is a huge deal, economy is very well fleshed-out. you could become a gigantic space jew if you so desired.
probably. base game + a single expansion pass is all you need. all paid DLC is cosmetic.

As much of a laughing stock TORtanic was upon release, I think it might be one of the least offensive MMOs on the market right now. At least, when it comes to content. Subscribe for a month and you get permanent access to all of the current DLC.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee

I WANT TO PLAY SHORES OF HAZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOON THAT PIECE OF SHIT PUT A PAYWALL ON A FUCKING GAME THAT STRUGGLES TO MAINTAIN ITSELF THAT ONLY 5 AUTISTS PAY TO PLAY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

no.

the only wipe will be for items and quest progress, that means everyone will start back at the island, but skills from alpha and beta players will remain intact in the full release.

from what i've heard, the inventory wipe will happen between the end of beta and the release of full version.

I have a friend I used to work with who used to be into a decent variety of video games. Even bought a copy of Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon, and Legend of Legaia off of him back in the day. I got him into playing PSO on the NGC since he heard good things about the Dreamcast version, and I brought my DC into work one night to let him try it out. We used to run a bunch of games on the Xbox 360, and was always recommending titles back and forth.

Haven't really talked to him in years though, and all he ever plays is free-to-play MMO garbage on the Xbox One. He has an old potato PC but he refuses to game on it or update. He won't get a PS4 for the occasional decent nip title. He just plays NWN/STO/ESO/DCUO on the Xbox. What few titles he plays otherwise are some of the worst cancer in gaming. ME:A, The Division, Destiny 2, DA:I, SW:BF2, etc.

What the fuck happened? Near as I can tell, he's always been the kind of autist who loves grinding - and classic JRPGs were just a stand-in for the concentrated autismo juice of MMO/modern shooter grinds. Now, it's like a drug, and it doesn't even matter what the game is. Just so long as gives him his grinding fix.

The poor bastard.

Meanwhile, I got a copy of Black Desert Online a year back and haven't even bothered getting out of the starting village. Logged in out of curiosity a months ago, and my character was stuck in place and I had to quit.

Attached: 26c140479d5554deee6960158aee55d2c396098dabb9b72f93a3ba60dd0c45f2.jpeg (680x520, 29.44K)

Carebear detected. The only reason to play MMO is to kill people and take all their shit. That's why everything post-WoW sucks: it's all fetch quests and microstransaction + lootbox bullshit. You're free to leave or never post again until your balls drop.

Noone mentioning Crowfall yet?
It's the best upcoming MMO.
Shame it's gonna take at least a year till it's gonna be finished. It's way too good to waste your time playing it in early access.

Attached: CityStreet_Create[1].png (1300x634, 1.08M)

And why's that?

You don't play a character, but a soul thing that can occupy whatever body you want of whatever race and class, meaning you can change that and not have to level 300 characters for all the classes and jobs, most things are bound to your spirit.
Class and skill customization is on Guild Wars (1) tier or even beyond and the economy is wholly player driven with jobs like digging up body parts that you can then sell for people to use for a better host body.
It's slightly PvP focused, like if you kill an enemy you can loot his body literally and use it for yourself.
Just another "not WoW" MMO which is still kinda rare.

That sounds pretty awesome, are you sure that I shouldn't play it in early access?

Well, looks like I've got to get back into it. Should probably get past the new tutorial island before it gets flooded, huh.

Black Desert Online is currently the best MMO on the market

You mean PSO2?

Attached: 8f69baf8ce3a8bc70add730c43151ab3-imagegif.gif (353x448, 1.47M)

Why don't you go back to your european server you autist.

That's a funny way of spelling FF14.

Be fucking glad. Over 1000 hours on that gook grinder and BARELY 10% if that was active playing, the rest was more or less the equivalent of electronic bit coin mining while my computer was forced to be left on with the game running to get shit done. Never touch that shit.

On the plus side, Albion online is simple enough, but decently enjoyable with friends. Maybe not 30 dollars enjoyable, but it's still nice enough

degenerate weeb furry faggot is a bitchboy when it comes to pvp, who'd have guessed