Gundam Versus

Is it a good mecha fill? Or is it just as boring as i predict?

pretty meh

Play Breaker 3 instead.

I see. My biggest worry is that in singleplayer it offers only arcade and survival, no story or character progression modes.

Because Holla Forums is better than normalfag redditors and cuckchanners shitposting on metacritics review board.

If you want the exact same system but with an awful frame story, the one on vita is exactly that.

It's pretty fucking boring at times, even moreso if you don't really play online. Things take forever to unlock at times. On the plus side, there's a pretty good variety of suits and assists. If you're okay with a weird 3rd-person 2-on-2 fighter you'll probably enjoy it, but if you just want a fun Gundam game you'll likely be disappointed.

It takes a while before you can even play on a decent level. Figuring out how to properly move and balance your boost/ammo is only half of what you learn. Then you learn how to actually fight others and as a team. I found it really fun once I started playing with better people online and the US player matches are almost always full of good people new with a few new ones here and there.

There are plenty of suits to choose from and I've never purchased the DLC and still was able to put 200+ hours into it with over 1200 matches. Embed is what high level play looks like.

Definitely not a single player game. It's built around multiplayer and if you're not playing with others you might as well not be playing. I don't expect people to pay for online just to play with others either so it's understandable if people skip out on this game.

Yeah, I figured OP was just looking for "a mecha game", and the game is just too complex to really satisfy that unless you're willing to devote some time to getting up off the skill floor. Definitely not a casual experience, basically.

No this is shit and you only bought it because it was somewhat in english

GO PLAY GUNDAM BREAKER 3

Be patient and wait a little bit for full metal panic and a certain magical virtual on.

this one is also good

How are the Gundam games in general? Breaker seems cool, and I hear the musous are some of the better musous.

Breaker is an excellent kitbash simulator, though if you're not the type to go fully autistic with customization it might be a little lacking for you. Other than that I'd recommend the Gihren's Greed series if you can into moonrunes, Zeonic Front if you like squad based shooters and the old Saturn Side Stories games.
If you can play through Zeonic Front without developing White Devil based PTSD you're a braver man than I.

that sounds cool. Any fan translations?

It's fun if you like learning movesets and making teams. I like it, but I'm still waiting for those fucking DLC bundles to come stateside. I'm not paying full price for Virtue.

No translations but there is a wiki with scenario guides and menu translations for Menace of Axis V. If you've watched the early UC shows you should be able to understand most of what's going on anyway.

The original Federation vs. Zeon is pretty good. As far as I can tell, it emulates perfectly, and archiving it in a gzip, which pcsx2 can use just fine, reduces its size to about a quarter of the original iso's.

how did these gooks get away with ripping off transformers?

NOPE

As for Ghiren's Greed, avoid Shin, it's ass times 2. Play menace of Axis V on PSP. I have it on my PSP and play it a lot.

Actually Transformers ripped off the gooks :^)

Play the PSP Gundam vs. Gundam Extreme Vs. It's a better game.