Autism Simulator Games: Banished

Well, today I found out that this isn't always a good thing.
The game is extremely barebones and feels like it's still in Alpha. There are only 3 happyness buildings and 4 industry buildings. The rest are raw ressources and most of them don't have a purpose to them beyond raw consumption. There are no decorations.

I have reached a population of about ~60 people, but I already don't feel like continuing to play. The rest of the game would just consist of me buying up stone, coal and iron from the trader by selling them firewood and herbs (feels like an exploit tbh). There's no real endgame for me to purse. Are the mods at least good? I heard about Colonial Charter, but honestly I don't have high hopes in a mod fixing the game. I rather play something new that has a solid core.

It's too thin a game to entertain for long.

Oh and Banished made me realize that most Anons, who talk about "comfy" and City Builders are Plebs.
When they talk about Banished they always talk about how hard it is or how it shouldn't be classified as comfy, because of sudden death spirals.

The game is really easy, painfully slow and extremely shallow. The Steam Reviews are still ovewhelmingly positive.
The only positive thing about the game is that it's quite polished, but not much beyond that.

When I first saw the user reviews on it talking about how their town starved because one child hoarded all the food, I thought it was going to be pretty interesting. When I actually played it, it was really dull. If you want an autism simulator that has more things to do, try Dorf Fort or Rim World. If you want a city builder, I'm sure there's other ones out there that are way better.

Yeah. That's because a newly built house wants to fill up its inventory. If you know that there is going to be a sudden spike in demand, then you can easily work around that by building up a stockpile.

What was much more annoying is that I build a school very early, because I wanted to be small and efficent and ended up making my population growth neutral, because all the young people spent their most fertile years in school instead of working and fucking each other. Like in real life
I had to fucking mine stone for YEARS to build a townhall to enrich myself with migrants to grow again. Otherwise I probably would have only grown by one person a year.

find out yourself you nigger
then dont try to maintain the premise of actually wanting to know

When the fuck has anyone ever considered Banished an autism simulator? Anons liked it because you can build scenic forest towns but no one ever described it as an autism simulator because it has the depth of a puddle.

Answer me right now, you weeb.

I know. It barely tickles my autism. That's why I don't like the game.

It's a fun (1) and done game and pretty comfy.

The game has no end goal, it's clearly not for you. Find something else

Vanilla is very shallow, but Colonial Charter does improve it a lot. It adds a lot of width (variety of housing and buildings, crops, animals) and depth (longer production chains, more tiers of stuff) to the game.
There's still a lot of stuff on a technical level that the mod doesn't (maybe can't) fix.

Like what?

Its simple and ok to play for a day or two and never play again

Exactly what I did, fam.

Like how a massively wide variety of things fall under the same category of Materials. For instance, sand which is infinitely available and collected by the dozens of units at a time and building materials which take a good amount of mid tier resources to produce a single unit.
So what will end up happening is that your storage fills up with sand and your building materials production will stop unless you micromanage your collection.
Conversely, you also end up spending all your mid tier resources on building materials unless you manually start/stop their production because a single unit takes virtually no storage space.

Being able to set storage limits on all individual items and resources would solve this problem, but I don't know if there's a reason this hasn't been modded in.

There's a limited number of item categories available for the game to use. In the latest patch the dev added several extra dummy categories for modders to play with, and that helps some.

Banished is odd in that it feels extremely easy until you fuck something up (not building enough houses, for example), at which point it can become nearly impossible to recover.

It needs some type of crime/security system. If you have too much alcohol/too little work available, then citizens will steel resources from others houses, so you need a town guard to stop it.

The game feels more colonial american than actually medieval. Even in vanilla the houses and schoolhouses have very american looking architecture and products of the new world

I suspected some limitation like this
cool beans

There's artificial difficulty, and then there's this.

Banished is unfinished garbage

Play Tropico 4 you dumb fucks

I did. Played a lot of it. Also played Tropico 5. I also wanted to play the campaign of 3, but it doesn't run on my pc.
At tthis point I am completly and utterly burned out from Tropico 4.

It's worse enough to see 4-5 year old comments on Tropico 4 videos. I remember like 3 different iterations of me going to the same video and seeing my year old comments there. That makes eme even more deperessed.

I felt the same about this.
I heard good things about it, but when I tried it I hated it, even a few years back. It's not fun and it feels unfinished. It's like a flash game was taken and given better graphics.

Does anyone know of a citybuilder where you don't build every single building yourself like a communist dictator, but zone things out? Also pre 20th century cities only. I just can't deal with the cities in cities skylines.

Made me real sad.