Zombie games: Genre Finally Dead?

What happened to all the zombie games? I know it got abused to hell and back some years back, with every other game being a generic "zombie survival" game, but some of the genuinely good ones have failed to keep an audience. Contagion had promise but the lack of interest combined with the team falling apart due to legal reasons ruined it. ZP:S is so old nobody really remembers it, even though it got an update not long ago. L4D is irrelevant since L4D2 has all its maps, but even that is mostly empty these days. What gives? Did everyone jump ship to the shitty PvP deathmatch games? I really want to play a zombie game with a group again.

Granted, Nazi Zombies is something, but that's more of an obligatory thing packaged in with the main game instead of it being the centerpiece.

Zombie shooters oversaturated the market and now everyone is sick of them. The same is happening with these shittily made Battle Royale games and everyone will forget about them in a year.

nobody likes Survive though

I want to play as a zombie

What games let me play as a shambler?

Real life

For now. Give it a couple years and I'm sure it'll come back from the grave.

Contagion and ZP:S both let you do this.

Fuck off, Carlos.

I can't enjoy the nazi zombie modes in CoD, I hate how the headshots never work after the first wave. Zombies should come in greater numbers wave after wave instead of getting stronger.

Yeah. I never liked that about CoD zombies. Headshots should always one shot, the whole point about zombies is that there is a massive number of them. They don't need to be these supernatural beings too.

Oh wow, a dime-a-dozen entry-level conspiracy theory believed by an overwhelming majority of people. Orwell would suck cock. Huxley would ride dick.

Term is made by glow-in-the-dark niggers. Are you one?

Both Huxley and Orwell were right. People are being spied on at all times and they don't even care.

>>>Holla Forums

Their dystopias won't exist, but they can get pretty damned close, and that's where suffering arises and war starts.

Orwell and Huxley's one flaw is that they don't account for war, or that they do and instead play up the results of ignoring the warnings.

It made people aware, and that's all that needs to be done to ensure an end to dystopian futures.

Brave New World and 1984 are both correct, they represent different stages of the same plan. Soften them up with BNW then bring in 1984.

The perfect zombie game has never been tried. Why can't zombies be slow, mystical, and terrifyingly morbid anymore?

Stubbs the Zombie. Still one of the better Zed simulators.

What's the problem with that?

There's also the Sniper Elite zombie games that seem to be on a similar schedule.

Sheeeit, was just putting my post together. I wonder if there could ever be another one, or if that's some dangerous monkey paw territory.

let me show you truegoodcuckboi

Weren't those zombies essentially immortal and fairly fast though?

WRONG

i keep forgeting that
K1NO
is still filtered by cakeboi

They do both. If all they did was just become larger in numbers that'd only make rounds last longer without any actual increased challenge.
Funnily enough, that's almost exactly what they are.

I want a game true to Romero's type of zombies. Slow, but can quickly induce a sense of claustrophobia.

Faggot I didn't say anything about them not being zombies. I'm just saying that the other user wanted slow creeping zombies, which those are not.
You fucking faggot

There's a mod for L4D2 that tries to accomplish that. Havent tried it myself though, so I cant comment on how good it is.

It's almost like there's a two part series and parkour-focused spiritual successor from a Polish development team that's built on that.

and i merely pointed out how shit his taste was and how much of a redditfag he was,besides; where's even the threat in that?

Stop it user. I might just have to start jacking it to 3DPD again.

As other anons have pointed out both ideas work together as the herd is happy consuming garbage and dangerous ideas that threaten the status quo are labelled hate speech.

you could do a lot worse these days than spill your seed jacking off to 80's imagery it's not just the images of the women you jack off to,but also the last good decadewhat could've been if only we had collectively kept our shit together for a little while longer

Too many games with the same premise + western/failed devs trying to appeal to Pedowood or TV/Streaming series instead of creating something new = everything looks the same and most people don't bother to check anything with the same premise.

State of Decay 2 is still coming up
Whelp, nevermind then

I assume zombies are piss-easy to make AI for so the industry will try to sneak it in for as long as possible

Got any where they're wearing leg warmers?

yes but rule#3

RotLD is a "lol let's deconstruct zombie tropes xd" flick, it's reddit as fuck. Zombi II is literalgoodbecause it combined vooodoo mysticism and modern zombie aspects in a subtle way, on top of that the makeup, cinematography, editing, and soundtrack are better than what other zombie films offer. Zombies don't make any sense from a scientific point of view. Scientific explanation doesn't add any value to the horror either, in most cases it even reduced it by taking away the ubiquitous aspect of supernaturality. And therefore Fulci did the right thing by bringing them back to their supernatural roots while still carrying the large scale threat of modern zombies.

Oh, fuck. On top of everything else about it, Survive is another brand erasure game like ZeniMax Doom and ZeniMax Prey too.

Normalfags will keep trying to justify playing CoD because of Muh Zombies, so no, it's now just the dried boney corpse still being dragged despite ther being nothing but the head left.

I've been enjoying 7 Days To Die on and off with some buddies. It's your basic scavenge to survive game with some Minecraft autism thrown if you're in to that, but word of warning it's been early access for years.
Also is pretty great.

I'd enjoy those survival crafting games if the combat wasn't so garbage. Better just torrent Fallout 4.

RotL has zombies cracking jokes and being comical while eating brains.
That is by default reddit.

de only fault i see in this thread is (you)
and this fag

You are your own undoing.

it's not my fault you lack any conviction in your own and flip-flop faster than a roman at Trebbia River,you filthy casual

This scene always made me rock hard despite being degenerate

Its pretty fun, but boy do they devs love to cram major updates with as much as possible which is nice, but leads to buggier/longer releases.

They plan to make it better, i know power Attacks are on the way and the gunplay is getting completely reworked from the ground up

Also

It was reddit because it treated itself like a farce. Not saying that I hate the movie, but come on, there's no way it wouldn't be loved by pickle rick audience.

For the audience and the movie characters to some extent, it's the psychological threat? A corpse that moves swiftly wouldn't be scary because it looks too alive to be a corpse.

You could add a bunch of objectives or a boss every 5 waves.

Where's the zombie survival game where the outbreak happens in Los Angeles or Bongistan? Nobody has any fucking guns or weapons and soyboys and colored hairs are getting eaten up by the millions.

You are a joke. You think anything remotely comical is "reddit", your taste in film is atrocious and you have some kind of boner for 50s (or 60s) America? Go join one of those anti-technology nostalgia communities and stop posting.

Play KF2 if you want "zombies" with actually interesting designs and gameplay.

Source?

The zombie genre is best left in the past. We had a good run with Resident Evil alone, which caused a whole subgenre with some of the best games of all time.
The last good zombie game (and I mean zombies, so no RE4-6 (and the zombies in 6 aren't a major threat)) was probably Dead Rising 2 or that zombie mode in Call of Duty Black Ops. Bought the sequel just for that but it wasn't the same, they added a bunch of unnecessary bullshit.

Nah, fuck off.

no lol

Fucking no, just play KF1.

Suit yourself,i think it's a fine game and a decent sequel.

My opinion still stands lol,can't take my enjoyment out of a game with some screencaps.

third one is pretty gewd, but I don't think this is a common bug

That used to be what would happen if you tried to run the game on a toaster, but I think they've patched that since then.

i can still point and laugh

I mean,that was back then when it was a buggy piece of shit and it's no longer a buggy piece of shit,but sure.

pretty sure they fixed the auto aim

KF1 is arguably better in every way except the graphics and animations.

If I could get KF1 with KF2s gore I'd shit happiness.

I bet if we talk about Star Wars you would just post Plebbit memeia

Just like this thread right now, someday, it will revive. Maybe just one last time.
Maybe…

Need more people playing ZM:R tbh, lots of fun even on the "deathrun" meme maps when there are a lot of people and mics. Even that fucking brony strelok is fun to play with.

wow you sure showed him

That was before the game was discussed and all the issues were addressed. Since everyone now knows the game is shit it's easier to post evidence about it.
But you wouldn't know about something you weren't here to see now would you?

I
WANT
YOU

This.
Research shows zombies and vampires might descend from a similar legend in the medieval times.
So how about
Listen carefully
What if
Zombie liches were used more?

RPGs either have

What if a game were to fuse the two, and create a charming necromancer at day, who's flesh rots and decays, barely held together by eerie green magic, and he has to steal the life from the living to keep his body from decomposing?
Make zombies scary again tbh.

Good taste.

I get the feeling that it's some sort of monster that diverged from ghouls and then diverged again to form vampires and zombies. Ghouls are djinni that devour flesh, so maybe the myth got rewritten into devourers of blood first and then changed back into former humans consuming the living.

RS: Siege is coming out with a zombie game mode pretty soon

In the end it will be a mixture of both. We can see the information part realised already – not only is every important information buried under mountains of irrelevant ones, but the true information is also very often censored and twisted to serve a particular agenda, often in many different way, so that when you actually find an important topic, you are faced with a dozen interpretations and different versions of the story with no indication which one, if any, is true. This leads to yet more passivity, as not only is important information difficult to notice, it is not even certain if it is trustworthy, and the discussion all too easily derails into discussing which source is the correct one, diverting from the actual content of the information. It's apparent right now, like with branding information Russian propaganda – it is trivial to derail any public discussion about such an information by accusing the person of being a fool that believes a well known propaganda piece, after which the person will be compelled to build a defense, and so on and so on. The information itself will not get discussed in the end.

That made me laugh.

You get that most of this shit is fixed, right ?
The newer issues arent as blatant but are annoying as hell alongside the schizo-balance and spawn.

>>>/furry/
OUT

lel

what's the sauce?

Fucking cuck soyboy SJW.

You're a faggot.

jamdrawers.tumblr.com

They made the zombies mode first though.

That better? Any "selectahero" shit is MOBA-like.

(you)are getting desperate now

lmao… not even call of duty has that kind of casual bullshit.

Siege is a hero shooter like Overcucks.
A MOBA is a PvP game¨that also has AI enemies, like Battleborne or Paragon.

lol

Siege has moba-like elements, true, but warframe has been doing the same for years now.

Basically the rationale behind "heroes" over customizable characters is that you more easily form attachments with heroes with set personalities, and are thusly more willing to spend money on cosmetics for that hero, either by microtransactions or lootboxes.

Thank you Grampa for showing me this movie

OP here, responding.

Played it and the original, but I'm retarded and couldn't figure out how to control the zeds too well.

Zombies can be explained very easily compared to many other monsters commonly used in horror, which is what I enjoy about them.

I got that, but I don't do building games. I'd rather be building something IRL.

I have both Killing Floors, but those aren't zombies, they're braindead clones. It's not the same and I don't give a shit what you or anyone else says.

Isn't that caused by ayys or something though?

wow you sure showed him, user

tbh I just don't think zombies can work in a multiplayer setting. There's too much digital noise between communication with randos to get anything constructive done. The horror of zombies lies in their morbidity, invulnerability to most mortal wounds, and tendency to gather in hordes and overwhelm you, even if it's slowly over time. If you have a bunch of retards bunny hopping and getting sick headshots, that quickly removes what makes them such a unique enemy and reduces them to just a meat target.

Aren't we getting a new State of Decay soon? The first one was actually kinda fun.

gb2 >>>/furry/ jew

Have you never played an RTS before? Playing ZM in ZM is exactly the same in terms of controlling the zombies. Only difference is set spawn points and traps via orbs. If you can't figure it out, just set your ZM options to "prefer survivor" so you play the easier part.

Dying Light's movement system is the best in first-person history.

I hate zombie games that have "the brawler" "the bomber" "the stalker"

That shit is so overdone and the names are always generic as hell. I hate that there's no realism about it. I want my zombies like a 28 days later style.

I hate RTS games. They bore me with their micromanagement.

So what ended up happening to dead island 2?

Not if some releases a stubbs the zombie clone

Stuck without a developer after Deep Silver kicked Yager off the project. Who knows, maybe something will come of it with THQ Nordic acquiring all of Koch Media and by extension Deep Silver.

is this post what happens when a blue pill sees the truth?

Try Dying Light if you haven't already. A very fun movement system, good feeling weapons, decently long story, and aside from some cosmetic shit, Techland has been pretty good about not jewing out.
The 2 dead islands are decent, but are slow and have awful scaling which feels even worse after playing DL. All of these have 4 player co op, and DL has a pvp mode where you play as a zombie.

Some french devs made a shitty version of it called "John, the Zombie."

I tried it and liked it, but my PC overheats when I try to combat the human enemies, so fuck me.

Downsides of DL vs DI (same devs, remember):

For whatever reason that reminded me of that kikestarter zombie game where all men became zombies and stronk 50s housewives are all that's left. It seemingly died in alpha after getting laundered funded.

what a hoot that was

Really is a head shaker. They also had one, count them, one update on their page no less.

don't forget too that one of them was supposed to be a tranny and nerds were asking why the fuck a disease that turns all men into zombies left the tranny alone only for the people behind the "game" to just say he was actually a woman for real

Valve didn't really make L4D in the first place, as usual they just bought up the work of more competent developers.

The thing that drives me nuts about this zombie game craze is that there really hasn't been a single fucking game in the genre that's actually scratched the right itch. Is there a single fucking open world zombie survival shooter that isn't a half-finished piece of shit on EA? State of Decay was okay, as was Dying Light, but I haven't played anything that's actually scratched that itch for me and it's pissing me off because there's so much potential for a game like that yet nobody's done it correctly despite zombies being hotter than fucking lava in the market right now.

Please tell me this is true, I want this to be true so badly.