The My Nintendo Gold Points changes are live

…and surprise surprise, it fucking suck ass.

One Gold Point is worth a penny. A FUCKING PENNY. Wouldn't be bad if it wasn't for the fact that you get fuckall with points.

So you get $3 for buying a full priced $60 game on the eshop. If you bought a physical game, you only get $0.60. But they couldn't even get that right, as although the service is now live, they fucked up the new Gold Point amounts. Instead of getting the new Gold Point rates, you're getting the old ones. The pic on the right is how much I got from redeeming $510 of games. Yes, $510 got me that much, just $1.74 worth of points.

To add insult to injury, they removed the Nintendo Switch Rewards tab on the Reward Points page. Not even Bing Bing Wahoos are defending them on this.

ONE PERCENT

So what? It's a free reward you can use on any product. You're complaining because your sense of entitlement is You're almost as bad as pirate fags. Nobody is making Nintendo do this either.

soyboy Nintendrones throwing their money away.
I hate/don't understand any reward programs, digital or in real life. Spending $100+ for a $5-10 coupon seems retarded to me.

(((Gold points))) are not for saving money on games; they're an incentive to buy digital only so Nintendo gets a bigger cut

Is the Switch region locked? This seems fairly exploitable if not.

More like a bait to tie you down

I wonder what are the manufacturing costs for their cartridges now.

It's not Region Locked, and yes people already exploit it.

You don't even HAVE to spend it. What the fuck, how does that tie you down in any way

Figured as much, thought I heard it wasn't locked.

You missed OP's point. The reward requires at least over $2000 of purchases to be worth remotely anything.

OP made a thread just to laugh at him.

What's the asterisk for? Sixty cents per sixty dollar game isn't enough, they gotta twist the knife even more?

*For physical purchases, points will be awarded at 1% of the Nintendo eShop price for the digital version of the game. For more on how to earn and use points, please see the Important Information section below.

No I didn't.
It's a FREE REWARD and you're being ungrateful

down payment on a house or 1 digital game? no wonder the Switch is a hit with dumbass soyboys living with their parents.

I dropped Nintendo Good Boy Points after Club Nintendo went kaput. Do they offer trinkets and figures as rewards at all?

It's like bank interest rates.

Please, you'd be lucky if you found a bank that offered a CD that had 1% of interest.

reported for shilling, get the fuck back to >>>/cuckchan/

BRAVO JEWS

Nope. No posters, no hats, no soundtracks, no free games, or anything cool. Just coupons for Wii U shovelware, 3DS wallpapers, and now this.

Prices on the eShop never go on sale, so I guess that's advantageous to the buyer if you somehow find a physical game on sale in real life but not on sale on the store. "Advantageous" is a relative term, one percent is still fucking miniscule. The old rewards were never mind blowing, but at least you could get some neat little limited edition collector's thing after buying a handful of games. This is just good boy points to buy more of the same thing you've already dumped a minimum of $2000 on. Fucking ridiculous.

The jewtendo estore is massive scam, digital games cost more then physical ones on there so even if they did go on sale they would just match the physical game prices.

Even thats better then the negative interest rates some banks have and all banks want, where you pay them to hold/use your cash.

Do they expire?

Reminder that physical copies are superior and jewtendo knows this, their rewards system rewards people losing control of their vidya and reducing their consumer power

My fucking family and friends can all eat shit and fuck off. I knew I was in the right when I withdrew the majority of my savings from the bank. It feels good to be vindicated.

Anyone remember when Gamestop tried to do something similar with a points reward system?
If I remember right, you needed to spend something like $2,000 in the store to have enough points to purchase a rom of Super Mario Bros.

If the $500 to about $3 conversion rate you got in the OP is indicative of a larger trend here it's pretty much the same thing.

You must go now.

Here is the shill

how many services has nintendo have go offline the past two generations how much support was ended? Why should anyone trust them with digital only games when they've made it such a nightmare to keep track of the things you actually bought? Digital distribution is a scam, you don't own any of your shit if you buy them digitally.

Why can't nintendo just make a good rewards program? They had one before, the offerings got worse over time, but it was pretty decent. The Japanese one was always better, but this shit is just pitiful.

Just NWFC and Wii shop isn't it?

Yes they do. Gold Points only last a year the day they are earned.

Well, that kind of sucks, not that I really ever spend enough on eshop in a year to get anything to begin with

the wii u was also killed prematurely and the wii essentially died 2 years before being replaced.

Alright, well, sayonara to that, officially.

You can still play games online on the wii u.
Lot's of people cheat online now since moderation was relaxed, but it's still up.
Shit miiverse is dead now though, you reminded me about that

wii u support died shortly into 2017 and the platform got fuck all after summer 2015.

Nintoddlers are the worst

I feel like the Gamecube was Nintendo's last good console

3DS is the best when homebrewed.

weird, I should have 600 from getting Xenoblade 2 and Splatoon 2 digitally but I only have 120.

Without a doubt.

Gamecube's first party sucked ass. Their last objectively good console was SNES, though N64 was decent.

It was, although arguably the SNES was the last time they were truly exceptional on the console front. Their handhelds have been superior to their consoles since the DS though.

N64 was worse than the gamecube, which was also worse than the wii. the wii at least had some good 3rd parties but its safe to say nintendo's been a shadow of their former selves since the 90s.

Nearly every major franchise got a release on GameCube. N64 pales in comparison.

Did you buy them today? They will not update Gold Points from purchases from before the changes went live. if you bought them today, then you should've gotten the points. I didn't get the right points either.

the releases on gamecube were pretty bad. wind waker, twilight princess, sunshine, all really, really shit games.

Not to mention that purchases are locked to one system and become inaccessible if the console dies.

I don't get why some people out there white knight for virtual console so much with the DRM and censored roms.

Wrong.

SM64 > Sunshine
Paper Mario > TTYD
F-Zero X > GX
OoT and MM > WW and TP
N64's Pokemon spin-offs > Gamecube's
Kirby 64 > …oh wait, no Kirby platformer
Donkey Kong 64 > Jungle Beat
Star Fox 64 > Assault

N64 was much better than the Cube for Nintendo games, which is the only reason you'd want to buy a post-SNES Nintendo system.

The analog stick is garbage and everything looks and runs like shit

Actually if you have your serial code and the broken system they'll transfer it.

HMMMM

its the best analog stick ever made, the only issue is it goes to shit. It's more precise than anything else however. Except maybe the saturn stick.

welcome to the n64

OP here. I just called Nintendo Customer Support. Apparently the new conversion rates haven't gone live yet, despite the website saying they were. Any Gold Points earned today will be updated to the higher amounts once it does.

We know that's you, faggot

Hey dum dumb, why do you waste so much money on kids toys?

inb4 OP is mark.

inb4 58c4e1 is Mark

Thats your average nintendofag tho

OH SHIT I'm really not though

You're not really saving anything, since they keep their games marked up fucking forever, rather than dropping in price after a year or so.

What were you expecting? These programs are always shit, they have to make profit after all. No one in their right mind was expecting 10% for every game. Not even Amazon does this shit, either way I got what I expected. Which wasn't much in the first place. Additionally this is a free program, basically you pay 60 dollars for a game and then get three dollars to save up for the next 15 dollar smaller game. I wouldn't even be surprised if these numbers remained the same when the paid online service comes out.

No you're not

I AM

Prove it

mark don't you have an embarrassment to make of yourself right now?

THIS IS MY LIZARD FORM

That's pretty cool, but why the hell would you call Nintendo Customer Support over fucking free coins? That's like calling Mcdonalds because you got two free bigmacs but one of them didn't come with cheese.

I'll stop

Doesn't seem that bad. Better than nothing. Since everyone here jews me and eshop prices are often better than what I see, it's not so bad.

Hackers could've stolen the account, but they can't steal the patheticness.

Wouldn't surprise me, didn't mark get caught using VPNs to agree with himself but forgot to switch?

It's not patheticness to expect literally nothing from what is an essentially a good PR program.

And then we were all Mark

Mark shut up, I'm not talking to you.

That wouldn't surprise me, didn't Mark get caught while saying Mark got caught using VPNs to agree with himself but forgot to switch to disagree with himself without switching?

Nice try (((Mark)))

Did you beat up the ginger yet?

Mark banned undertale discussion because he died to papyrus until he was given the free pass to leave

THIS, did anything happen as a result of this? Any squaffles? Brutal attacks? Reenaction of Aniki's masterpieces, but with a fat jew and unspecified gingers replacing the well-built actors?

Why is Nintendo getting more jewish by the year

So what games are "eligible"? Is it all trashy games? That would bring this shitshow full circle

No, it was because the same faggot that's shitting up the monster thread spammed them, too.

You're wrong and let me tell you why

64 while a masterful achievement of its time was mostly mediocre stages with some good ones. Although it's better than Sunshine, that's mainly due to Sunshine being limited to its topical setting and FLUUD mechanics
TTYD > OG
F-Zero GX > X
3D Zelda in general is shit
Custom Robo > Custom Robo 64
We got Metroid instead of Kirby
DK64 was a cluster fuck
I'll give you Star Fox 64
Wave Race on the Gamecube looks better, but I haven't played blue storm.
same for 1080

Additionally the Gamecube introduced gave us: Animal Crossing, Eternal Darkness, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Chibi-Robo, Doshin the Giant, Pikmin, Odama, Luigi's Mansion, Kururin Squash, Baten Kaitos, Battalion Wars and Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix

While the Nintendo 64 gave us:
Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark, Conker, Banjo and Kazooie, Cruis'n USA, Dr. Mario 64, Excitebike 64, GoldenEye 007, Killer Instinct, Sin and Punishment,
and Itoi Shigesato no Bass Tsuri No. 1

Just out of curiosity, what would have the old coins have been able to get you?

Because we haven't gotten a proper Wario game in years. And they better not put a new one on the 3DS.

Animal Crossing was originally released on the Nintendo 64 and so was Doshin the Giant. WarioWare also started as a bonus mode on Mario Artist for the 64DD.

stopped reading there

Animal Crossing was released on N64 first in Japan if you're going to use Sin and Punishment and bass fuckfishing as an example of quality from Nintendo.

It was much better on the WiiU, basically if you got the more expensive system Nintendo would give you an extra five dollars for every 50 dollars you spent. Mind you this was meant as a limited promotion to boost sales of digital titles and establish themselves in the digital market. This new program runs forever and gives 3 dollars for every 60 dollars you spend, and is basically a glorified good PR campaign.

It was shit back then too.

Oh right, my bad.

also Bass fishing and dance mix were basically jokes. Sin and Punishment was top notch, eat my asshole and fuck me.

it was alright, more bad stages than good ones. However it laid the foundation for the next generation and onwards in terms of 3D platforming and was really a masterpiece of its time.

SM64 is a glorified tech demo turned into a game.

You really shouldn't. Assault was a Namco game. Nintendo hasn't developed a Star Fox game since 64.

That's pretty accurate, it basically shows us how 3D gaming works. And unlike Croc, 64 actually had analog controls.

True. Regardless I want Platinum to do another Star-Fox game without Miyamoto's autism getting in the way.

I bet you liked battlefront 2

Nintendo could have made the physical and digital gold coin conversions a bit less steep. A somewhat fair loyalty program for frequent customers is a good way to retain and increase the amount of people who will buy from them.

Here's a list

And to clarify, multiplayer online play of the 3DS/Wii U is still around.

What would have been the alternative to delaying the March Switch launch to Nov 2017 and giving the Wii U 5 years on shelves? The Wii U had no other games but BoTW and it's DLC. The last Wii U game before that was Paper Mario:CS released in Oct 2016. The console was dead at that point, Nintendo gave up and moved on to focusing on newer hardware and a better launch. Nintendo even did buy backs of Wii U's from retailers to REMOVE them from store shelves for Christmas 2016 (in what I would assume to prevent normalfag people buying cheap Wii U's and save up money for a Switch instead), they fucking gave up and moved on from unsuccessful hardware.

OK, we need a history lesson here. From 2010-2012, the wii U's launch, what did nintendo produce for the wii? Here are the games that launched in that year - DKCR, Galaxy 2, Epic Yarn, Other M. They were in development for at least 2 years each, some longer like DKCR, but they made them in the period from 2007 to 2010, essentially. In 2011 there was skyward sword which had an insanely long production time. Either way, after all these games were done the Wii U was out 2 years later.

What did the Wii U launch with? NSMBU and nintendoland. What came out in 2013? TW101 and 3D World.

My question is, what the fuck was Nintendo doing for 2 years? They made a console and two games, two incredibly low effort games. The next year? One game, and a paid production that was handled externally. So, Nintendo has all these R&D teams for game production, ideas, etc. It took years for the Wii U to get some games, and it got some great ones, great games like tropical freeze, bayo2, tw101, but why is that all it got? Out of the gates the launch was botched worse than Sony's 599 george foreman grill. Nintendo shit out an entire platform and failed to support it for years until 2014 and 2015 where it finally had an actual library of games on it. Something good to start with, many of which should have had their production greenlit for launch window.

The hardware wasn't just successful because it was poorly handled, but because Nintendo was doing the same safe strategies they've been doing for an entire decade. The less it's brought to attention, the less people tell them that is what the issue is. Then the same mistakes will get repeated. Now that you're brought up to speed, do you see the problem with Nintendo right now? Apart from meddling in development for contracted games to a way too significant degree, they did almost fuck all for the wii U for years.

I don't see a problem here

gamestop has a policy of destroying (or using or reselling) codes like that. I work with a former gamestop employee and she's told me they just take the cards for codes for themselves.

You don't use a code. You put the cart in and select 'Redeem points' from an opinion menu.

All wrong.

Why does that mii have a huge boner? Is it because of the smell of shekels?

It's not free when you pay for it, schlomo.

Giving money to Nintendo.

You forgot your meme arrow

you're so obvious it hurts.

It's a comedy chevron.

You missed a few.
Other Nintendo published titles include Lego City Undercover, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U, Wii Party U, Wii Fit U, Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games.
As well as ports/remakes catergory for Wii Sports Club, TLoZ WW HD.
The blame said in the past for their terrible line up was the transition to HD development casuing delays which always felt like bullshit since the gaming industry was mentioning those issues 5 years earlier and they didn't adapt.

The marketing for the Wii U (and it's terrible name and logo) was horrible. Remember the amount of confusion caused just by ads focusing on the controller and pushing the console aside. And this was AFTER they said they learned from the problems with the 3DS launch (whose game development may have taken up resources in that 2010-2012 time period).

Shit

see, the reason I don't bite this is because most of those teams were working on those games for years as their last games were shipped in 2010.

possible, but they have pretty different teams for these systems. And if there's a deficit, you do what any smart platform holder does and you start funding games by contracting. And not just one studio like Platinum, but you reach out to a dozen, ask a few to get launch titles out, get them ready and get them working.

The reason interest rates are low is because they also affect interest rates on loans.
The higher the interest rate the more you will make in savings accounts, trusts, annuities and what not, but if you have a loan you will owe more too.

But on point, this reward system sucks its less then what you get at a local grocery store, on top of that they are probably selling personal info in order to recoup losses of giving money away.
Fucking retarded nintendrones.

Mark, shut the fuck up, you were like two years old when the N64 launched.

jej

I really was thinking the same thing

How old is mark? Please tell me he isn't

I'm 26.

Hey Mark, how was Umaru season 2?

How is it kikery when they give you three dollars for buying a 60 dollar game? It's a rewards program, those are always shit. And if it's not shit then either you pay for it, or it's limited.

Do you still live in that autism house or did you move back in with your parents? Also remember the time you thought your father wanted you to have sex with your mother? Also the time you bought something like 2000 dollars worth of shit on Amazon while drunk and there was at least one dildo?

That's because you're spending mommy's money; not money you actually earned and had to plan on how it should be spent. When you're an adult these rewards programs make sense.

Mark, we're inching towards the 5-year anniversary of 8/v/, will there be another get-together?

Wait so I don't get it? I can use these points to buy anything on the store? that's not too bad. I'd rather have the trinkets back but that's pretty cool. The rates are dogshit though.

All you do is make some stupid comment, get a bunch of (you)s from people like me and fuck up

my mother died and left us no inheritance while my father has been unemployed for some time. So I have no other options but to do my part time job and live in the autism home.

There can be one at PAX East?

So is your dad still gambling away his life

When did this happen?
OY VEY!

Keep giving me your (You)'s

Would there be an admission fee? If so, probably wouldn't be able to make it, then.

Oh my, I'm so sorry.

Yeah, probably.

last year, I didn't wanna make a big stink about it.

Just come to a bar nearby or some shit.

No and were you really karen user this whole fucking time, never knew

wrong

I wasn't

I just like that meme

You being the Jew you are, maybe you can jew your dad into selling the house and you take the money and run

Earned by purchasing something.
Do you know what free means?

There's also the fact that that shit is in Boston. I went to the last one because I was able to take 6 train.

F

Why not just sell the house, take out some life insurance, and then have an unfortunate accident in a few years?

I'm thinking of starting a business with a few people and start using amazon to sell shit.

the house was already sold, step dad kept the money.

Oh, that makes sense too.

You can also make the argument that they're trying to get people to buy smaller games for 15 dollars rather than have people save them for 60 dollar games.

Dont delete my post you fucking nigger kike.

yeah but you have to spend $60000 to make it worth anything.

git bully

Yeah, and that's dumb as shit. However I expect this to be a thing for smaller games rather than what the WiiU did

you think there going to implement microtransactions?

Hope not, but nothing surprises me nowadays.

oh, loot boxes.

so you would have to buy 100 games to buy a game with this
are there even 101 games on switch?

It looks like I can't go even if I did have a ride, since the Friday and Saturday tickets are all sold out. Did you have Pax in mind specifically? Can we do it in Manhattan/Staten Island again?

And? Should it only require $2 of purchases to be worth anything?

It's bait for retards, like coupons. Call it one more way to laugh at nintendrones.

Because Wario has come into life and Kimishima is just his sockpuppet.

Sounds like almost the apex of kikedom to me.
fucking kikes.

A representative once said that they are not charging for the plastic and all the physical stuff but the "effort and ideas poured into the game" and all that BS.

you've gotta be fucking kidding me
so my 400 of my GP are 400 roubles, while an AAA game costs around 4000 roubles
and I got those 400 points off buying SEVERAL AAA games
the Wii U deals were much better, I remmeber getting 1 or 2 60$ games for fucking free
this is just bullshit

Are they taking lessons from FUCKING GAMESTOP?

Hard to tell, they've got decent capacity, but it seems like nobody bothers to buy anything but the bare minimum, then force you to buy a micro sd card to download the rest.

tbh when nintendo rewards died I from 12 games got about 3 eshop titles so this is just jewry tbh

Why even bother if the rewards are that worthless? You'd think they would offer some shitty roms free at the very least.

That's my line you fat kike

>>>/resetera/

get jewd by nintendo get doubled jewd by nintendos revamp good goy points.

you deserve a ban

literally the same crap

alternatively

lel

What did he mean by this?

GAY

No it is retarded. That's not even 5% off the fucking purchase.

Goddamn you're a dummy.

better

Here are some more choice ones

The golden age of Club Nintendo is long gone. I remember the days of posters, cards, figurines and peripherals. They might as well not have a rewards service anymore.

SOYBOY CONFIRMED

it's not like literal paper is any better of a reward.

It's something, I thought the Mario hanafuda cards were neat. I'm a bigger fan of the CDs, figures and peripherals they use to give away.

Hey Mark, how was it like when you talked to Sam at Fat Kikes Will Divide Us?
I know this happened a year or two ago, but it's still relevant because of reasons.
Why were you so awkward?

K E K

Buying games at all is stupid.
Pirate it all.
If you can't, don't bother and go play something on an emulator.
Never spend money on video games.

Buying anything at all is stupid to be honest. I grow my own food, sew my own clothing, leech off my stupid neighbor's WiFi, and rob Walmarts for video games; it's my way of fighting against the Jewish establishment. One day I hope to steal enough $60 Switch games to pay for Super Mario Bros. VS in gold points. 7 down, 7 to go.

wew

He's 7 feet tall, he stood out like a pole. I used him as a reference guide to where everyone was. Cool guy.

Are you black?

Fuck off back to faceberg.

Oh fuck my sides.

Are you that guy who posted his fat, black hand in the Harmony thread? How's that disfigured finger going?

Nintenjew will be forever in my blacklist, not because of my own stupidity but for not having their services here and shutting the fucking thing down with no way of getting gaems unless I go over the hoop of homebrewing which I dont do because I fear of bricking it

Nintendo will forever be in your book because you're too gullible and buy broken shit from niggers? Or is it because you're so greedy you prefer traveling to nigger countries just to buy shit cheap?
What is it? Goy or Jew?

Dude, its not even free, and we have evidence nintendo can be more generous with what club nintendo was. But the main thing is they could not have made the coins somewhat ore valuable or worthwhile for dlc, I would galdy forgo coins for better discounts on the dlc to sate my fucking autism

You barely see any kind of console here that isnt sony, also it was cheap in comparison to the shitch, I was just expecting to get what i bought

Except Sonyggers are also shat on you Nintentoddler.
Modern consoles are absolute fucking garbage, why can't you autistic niggers get this throught your conditioned godamned heads?

You are a slave to consumerism goy. Have you ever taken a few moments to think about how insane it is to get upset over this?

Yeah no. And its would not be as bad if nintendo offered psn tier flash sales for digital, nintendo over charges.

So what's the problem? You buy 15 games at $90 apiece, and you get a $90 game for free. What's not to get? It's the same great value whether its on a game or on a coffee.

Like I said, entitlement

You dont work in customer relations, do you?

When did I ever said I was a ninty you fucking consolewar nigger

Smug fangs deserved to be in a better show.

I came into this thread to laugh at you

So are Nintendo Points an actual cryptocurrency now?

Hmm, you just activated my almonds. Jews can never ignore a penny.

Used games and you have to pay for the membership.

Fuck you nintendo. I bought a fucking console you abandoned and you can't even give me the points for them?

Everybody in this thread is retarded.

Gamestop shill confirmed. Their rewards system is shit.

Old nintendo rewards used to be good

It was greatly romanticized outside of Japan which had the good stuff.
That being said they actually had regular Downloadable rewards, and I'm talking games (virtual console usually, but still, not just fucking themes)