Xbox Direct

Apparently Microsoft is setting up an Xbox Direct on March 10th. Chances are it'll probably suck, however it'll probably be fun to watch with you guys. I'm not sure how to feel about this. Here's hoping we get some decent third party announcements like Fighterz

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/UA2BW
ibtimes.com/minecraft-nokia-skype-how-microsoft-buys-overseas-companies-avoid-us-taxes-1693869
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What do they even have to announce other then Mincraft, pretending mulitplats are exclusives, and their shitty attempt at a streaming service for games?

Copying Nintendo once again.
Poor MS. Nothing they do can save them at this point.

Obviously Kinect 3.0 with new cardboard technology.

archive.is/UA2BW

Micro$oft has been trash this whole gen.

I'd buy an xbone if microsoft announced chrome hounds 2, phantom dust 2, panzer dragoon 5, panzer dragoon remake, and breakdown 2 and otogi 3 + 1&2 remaster.

Wasn't there something called the scorpian that microsoft was teasing a while back? Or did that turn out to be the X? Where has the time gone.

They've been trash for much longer than that. Nothing will change next gen or any other time in the future.

That was the Scorpio and I am very sure that was what the XboneX turned out to be.

So is it gonna be like the ones that nintendo have or is it going to be different from them?

It sounds like Microsoft's version of the Nintendo Direct

When has Microsoft ever done anything original?
Just imagine how soul-less MS usually is.
Now imagine them doing a presentation like a Nintendo Direct, without any of the character and charm that Nintendo usually manages.
It's going to be pure cringe.

So they're going to show off all 0 of their exclusive games?

Hope Mark sets up a sticky for the event. I mean, I know he won't, but I can still hope.

Yeah apart from raping Halo and that Rare Pirate game, I have no idea what else they still have to offer at this point.

Soulless is the perfect description of modern MS. OG Xbox at least had some interesting games.

I don't understand what the appeal of owning an xbox is bar those who literally don't care about anything besides playing gta shooter madden etc and just need a platform to play it on.

if the duke is a pure usb controller I'll buy it.

That's not really answering my question.

Why though? Who actually cares about microsoft? I'm not meming either, who really cares? I even own a goddamn xbone yes I know, laugh it up and it's just been collecting dust, and I don't care. Where are these people who care?

Because I like community events and this can be something we all enjoy together, perhaps for no reason other than to laugh at MS.
What's your tag? We can play Queers or Gaylo together.

DID SOMEONE SAY THE FUCKING DUKE?

I might wanna buy that for PC.

Because this board is has become overrun by cuckchanners and redditors who actually own an Bone.
Soon enough the board will have XboneX shills just like on cuckhan.
Just like it already has Pro shills

yeah apparently it has an OLED screen that lights the fuck up showing a very green og xbox intro, and a few extra buttons to actually play on modern videogames.

So it will cost 119$? Cool.

I mean I guess, but I imagine even if the thread is stickied it's not gonna be very fast or fun like an E3 or nintendo direct would be. People might not even bother to shitpost about it. I kinda would like to see it stickied though, just to have the pretense that Holla Forums cares about all vidya events, even when that is not true.
I already told you it's gathering dust, and my live sub has long since expired.

I don't think even cuckchan cares about the bone. Though I don't know why I'm even bothering to reply to you.

It's not a full OLED screen, it only has the green leds which is why it only shows a very green intro, so hopefully it doesn't cost too much.

I meant this one

It doesn't even make sense then considering Playstation has all of that too.

No it won't. Its xbox. A dead brand. Theres no fun in that and you know it marketer kun.

Isn't that what they said about the playstation?

I'm guessing xbox has more spotlight/more people around them own it because their friends own/owned it and so on,i'm guessing.

I don't understand what the appeal of owning an thai sex slave is bar those who literally don't care about anything besides golden showers scat beating women etc and just need a child to perform it on.

It's weird because if you were to watch American television you'd probably be under the impression that Xbox was the only console that exists but sales figures wouldn't agree you with you. Microsoft really is nothing but an advertisement company.

Xbone has SPORTSSPORTSSPORTS
and it also is dead as fuck because people realized that it has nothing to offer.

I laughed.

I'm willing to bet that's because people reselling xboxes to each other happens a lot more then people buying them first hand.

There are people who own Jewtendo products.

GAMING AS A SERVICE

If gaming is a service then Microsoft is the maid who nails you in the balls and spits in your tea.

Haven't been one of those people since I bought a DS in 2009.
This board has gone so downhill I'm expecting niggers here to defend a Switch mid gen upgrade with
And I know that the ones complaining about it will still bite the bullet and buy one 3 to 4 years later and say
While the whole console market get's even worse, because DLC, paid online, microtransactions aren't good enough, no we need a new console model ala Iphone every 2 years.
The slippery slope isn't real or anything
It's not like fucking goyim in this very board are right now defending the Pro or anything.

They aren't. Show me where this is occuring.

>PC Versions of both are fucking lost because microsoft was fucking retarded and decided only to use a few games to try and push Vista
>ARTOON DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE SOURCE CODE TO THE GAME AND WOULD HAVE TO REMAKE IT FROM SCRATCH IF THEY WANTED TO RERELEASE IT
I was having a good day, user, why you gotta do me like that

see

Oh fuck, I didn't see him. I'll admit I'm wrong then.

I'll be honest, I kinda want a Switch Pro mainly because all of the games on Switch run like shit and it doesn't have enough internal storage.

is that Vanilla Ice?

to be fair, he did say on sale

I own an Xbone because i didn't want to shell out way more for a computer and it was cheaper than the PS4 at the time and it basically has the same games.

Who gives a shit.

Could have some nice PC/third party games

And companies will continue to stifle their shitty consoles because of it.
And you'll buy it once a year plus online and Amiiboo

This shit is what I'm talking about

Fuck off back to Reddit.

Like what? I already own a computer which can play most games up to 2012.

A going out of business sale?

In what way was the switch hardware "stifled"

Give me a single reason why

Like Nier and Total Warhammer to list a few

Using Tegra X1 instead of X2 for example
Keep buying those mid gen releases though goy, not like traditional consoles haven't been completely subverted or anything.
Why even care at this point?

Crackdown 3 I guess. I guess they call it the Xbox One because it only has one game.

There's a fair few cool things they could announce.

It's a 10 year contract between Activision and Bungie and Bungie is fucking dead already because most of it's core members and talent are long gone.

You do realize that all of them are going to be coming to Windows as well, that the DRM built into 10 has been cracked, and a few "Windows 10 exclusive" games have been also released on Steam a few months after their original PC launch with comparability for Windows 7.

Crimson Dragon, that's it for me.

I would also add the Master Chief collection coming on PC, since they're planing on having a team to work on creating a big patch to fix the major issues with the game.

Yeah, that's even better. I'm a Win7 user.

In all honesty, Microsoft has some serious potential to make really good games, but they keep getting stifled by their suits. If they want to be successful they need to stop letting their lawyers and stockholders get in the way, but they probably never will because they're a greedy burger giant.

What developer or exclusive games are people excited for? pretty sure they did a good job of killing their own brand.

see

Let's see, they still have the rotten corpse of Rare, there's Relic who's finally making what might be their last game, and 343 industies trying to make people care about Halo and failing, Mojang with Minecraft and there's Turn 10, maybe Bungie will make an appearance, because Destiny 2 is not gonna recover, we can say RIP to Ensemble, Lionhead, Digital Anvil, and Microsoft pretty much alienated a lot of studios like Platinum and Obsidian with the cancellation of their games they developed for a couple of years.

They're too busy sucking Sony's cock.

They have the IPs, and they have talented people. They could make something exciting happen. They probably won't, but still, the potential is there.

The sad part is that Sony isn't that much better, and Nintendo is even worse.And, as far as computers, Apple is locked down as fuck, and no one really gives a damn about Linux outside of "enthusiasts". Basically, this is the result of things when you have a duopoly/triopoly because there's no real competition.

Like that means anything.
Really, what?
Doesn't help that everyone bailed when they began developing Halo 5 (Except for the multiplayer team), so the guys who did "Spartan Ops" are running the show with the story.
That's just more Minecraft DLC at this point.
What are they doing?
They're in the same position as Rare and 343. Most of the guys jumped ship when developing the first Destiny, and it's almost a completely different company who did Destiny 2.
The suits running the company need to be fired.

pretty much everybody is, you go where the money is.

hey i might buy this to play halo ce on pc and maybe emulated xbox games if cxbx ever plays a game in a stable form because i know microosft won't fucking port phantom crash and jsrf to their compatibility list

I actually like how Xbox allows their games to be fully playable on PC. Playstation only allows streaming and forces you to use their controller.

the PC ports are all absolute trash, beyond dark souls tier.

They are not looking too hot right now, playerbase for Destiny 2 is down, way fucking down and everyone moved on to some other fps game.

Oh they have plenty of IP, but not much goodwill from people since that fiasco of the always-online bullshit that they still haven't and they don't have that much talent left, for the last 3 years it's been second to third party games, Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 did nothing new and whatever Phil Spencer is cooking up because he needs to do something better than another Xbox One Xbox S mid-generation upgraded consoles.

Age of Empires 4 will make or break them, for the last 6 years Relic has been fumbling since THQ folded.
Rumors of either a new game that isn't Forza or just an expansion DLC

Sadly, there's still a lot of hype for cinematic set piece vista trash by Sonyggers and Nintendo is on fire with the Switch, just fuck this industry.

Relic is developing Age of Empires 4.
They are also publishing embed related which is being developed by the Elite Dangerous/Planet Coaster devs, Frontier.

This one I'm actually looking forward too.

Why are you lying?

I just realized
Why do you dumb motherfuckers keep shilling these small shitty events?
They more often than not are self fellating wankfests where nothing happens and where only once in a blue moon they actually announce something or give more info about upcoming stuff.

That sounds too believable

because most of the time, they give us some good laughs since the fuck ups are enormous most of time

The idea of making a game "cinematic" isn't a problem itself. The problem is that they're making "Playable movies", which is something completely different. Even shit like Dragon's Lair and Night Trap tested the player's skill and required the player to be interactive with everything. Today's "Playable movies" have less gameplay depth than those mini-games I used to find in the "Special Features" section on a DVD for a film.
Nintendo has shit practices, but they make decent games. And, since the Vita is pretty much on it's death bed, you can bet that all of the Japanese devs still making games for it will naturally hop on over to the Switch.

In hopes that we'll see something incredibly stupid to laugh about.

jesus fucking christ i need to go to sleep

tell me how good those ports are for quantum break and forza my son

I liked it
Kind of emphasized the fact that they fuck up most of the time.

I know the port for QB is shit alone because it streams all of the live-action segments rather than downloading them, but how bad is the PC port of FH3?

Decent, especially after launch.
Certainly not Dark Souls tier.

No it's not
It's a shit game but it isn't a shit port

Why are you lying?

Ah, so you're just retarded

Cuphead dudes are straight refusing to have microsoft help publish them this time.
It's unlikely they'll announce a sequel through them and even still, they were planning a different game next time, not cup head.

You know you don't have to defend this, you're beginning to look a lot like a shill.

There is only one thing they could announce that would actually make me interested in xbox one/windows 10 and it will never ever happen

Well, would you like to share?

Yes, stating the fact that FH3 and QB are poorly optimized but not bad ports, much less DS tier ports makes me a shill.

Any more poor attempts at trying to fit in with ad hominem?

no way. what if a microsoft employee is in this thread, sees my posts then gets the ball rolling for development to get started on said IP? Then I would have to get an xbox one or windows 10.

I dunno man, you said I was lying the ports are shit, I proved my case and yeah, turns out they're pretty shit. Interested in selling more product?

You'd do it better proving your case instead of with le mister metokur memes.

that fh3 benchmark is outdated, they fixed the port later on and now a 1070 gets around 90 fps or more

I really hope so.

At least they aren't Sony

You posted an outdated infograph with not good but not shit tier results to justify that a game had a Dark Souls tier port.
You didn't prove anything besides how little you know and how much of a retard you really are by doubling down when you're wrong.
I don't buy games, much less UWP and Denuvo ridden ones.
What case?
You stated Microshit games were Dark Souls tier ports with no source and I said that you were wrong, only for you to post something that's not even close to proving those games are shit ports.
What the fuck are you talking about?
TD is now an eceleb meme?
Are you a fucking schizo?
Holy fuck you really are a redditor aren't you?

dude, just stop, you gotta change IP if you ever want to contribute to this thread again.

They've even admitted as much back in the Ballmer days.

>Critics of the practice say it not only deprives the U.S. government of billions of dollars in revenue but also exerts an undue influence on corporate decision making. “These companies have been letting the tail wag the dog,” forensic accountant Robert Olstein told the New York Times. “They’ve been letting taxes determine their strategy, and that’s a big mistake.”

ibtimes.com/minecraft-nokia-skype-how-microsoft-buys-overseas-companies-avoid-us-taxes-1693869

This is why almost all of their foreign game studios were immediately shutdown once tax reforms in the US were passed. They didn't care if the games were 99% done or worked on for years as those places were nothing more than tax shelters doing busywork. They also gave up on the Asian region during that quarter, after over a decade of trying to build the brand there.

The entire purpose of the Xbox brand is to launder money legally through creative accounting purposes(which is also why they're pushing esports so much). That it plays videogames or shows media is a secondary concern to them.

In this context the Xbox is a success and will be around for another decade at least. On its own it never made any sense at all.

Quantum Break was considered unplayable on PC at release. The only reason why the game even exists it to take advantage of media tax credits on videogames and television/movie productions.

W10 protection is cracked and games can be made to run on W7

Damn, I forgot those even existed. I'll have to remember to be here to laugh at them.

but what if they make it an xbone exclusive like they did for the last official game in the series back on the original xbox?

That would violate their "public promise" that every MS game made after 2015 would see a dual release on Windows and Xbox.

Patethic

It still is, even today
What a godawful game :^)

you aren't very smart, are you?

MechAssault?

I wouldn't bet on microsoft keeping their promises, but on the other hand, putting games on W10 gives their app store slightly more reason to exist than none at all (at least for buyfags).

I'm expecting diversity

I'm expecting the show to be

1%? What do video games have to do with the video game industry?

oh sorry, I meant to say cinematic experiences

If they announce anything worth it, wait years for when piracy for said thing is available, and get it then.
Never give money to Microshit.

They wouldn't be doing any of this if those issues weren't considered "development imperatives".

They're doing what every other major corporation has been doing for the last decade, slap some social issue branding on your product or service and have your tax deductible donation be used to promote it by an advocacy group that is ran by ex-employees and only purchases advertisements on your platform. It's a part of the scam called corporate social responsibility.

It's so shallow and obvious you couldn't ask for a better way to make those that pretend to care about these issues seem inauthentic.

anyone whos hyped for microjew garbage is either a pajeet shill or a cuckchanner resetera faggot.

The original Xbox did, though. But then again - the original Xbox was pretty much a secret project even from upper management. Bill was sold on a streamlined Windows box for the living room to compete with the PS2 (which Sony was falsely advertising as a computer system as a tax loophole). The original designers actually liked video games and wanted to make a good video game console… which pissed off Bill and Ballsack, but they were invested too deep and Sony was still going unchallenged at that point - so they let it slide.

The brand may have become a tax shelter, but it started out with good intentions.

they need to reduce xbl prices to 15 dollars. fuck paying for online multiplayer.

Fucking M$ bigots

Welp, looks like Microsoft has their hearts set on crashing their train into a ditch.

Who are we to say they can't?

If they did do it for good intentions rather than profit they'd be facing lawsuits from their shareholders.

They saw a potential threat to their dominance in the PC gaming market on several fronts and acted accordingly after negotiations failed with both Sony and Nintendo. The fact that the only IP worth anything on the xbox was first shown off at a MacWorld expo says it all.

The original duke controller is already a pure USB controller. All it takes is some soldering or a $3 adapter on ebay. Unless you don't already have one or can find a used one in good condition there's no real reason to buy a newer version. I use the S model for emulation and it's great.

Alright, now update the OS with drivers that allow me to plug in my fucking 360 controller.

While they're at it, they should manufacture more wired 360 controllers.

They did almost all lose their jobs over it, at the now famous "Valentines Day Massacre" where Bill and Ballsack called the entire Xbox development team in on Feb 14 and spent the whole day just taking turns browbeating them and chewing them out. Bill called the Xbox "a fucking insult to everything I've done at this company". They had two proposals - one a Trojan box sold as a game console but was really a Windows box for the livingroom - and the other proposal was a video game box (modeled to be a "Dreamcast 2") sold to Microsoft as a Trojan box to push windows into livingrooms. When it became clear that the development team was working on a videogame console and not a shitty locked down Windows PC that they promised Bill, the axe came down.

The only thing that saved them and the Xbox was Bill being afraid of Sony, because again, Sony was pushing the PS2 as a Personal Computer and Bill was afraid it would capture the casual computing market.

So there is a berneinstien universe where the Xbox never existed? I want that.

Anyone else hope that the rumor of Microsoft buying EA turns out to be true? Having the 2 biggest cancers in gamin eat each other would be great

>devs that (((mysteriously))) lose their source code
Always a little too convenient if you ask me.

Their headline announcements are
Boy, with a lineup like that, I can't wait to see what else they have planned!

Nice try but Rareware has been devoting everything to Sea of Thieves. If you are expecting some sort of big announcement from them, you're mistaken. SoT is Rare's big software title that they've been pushing and working on for years.

You think you can use your old Duke controller on an Xbone? You will buy a brand new Duke controller to use on your Xbox One while your old Duke controllers sit in the basement or attic.

So just a fighting game marathon?

bluepoint has proven the sourcecode meme doesn't really fly and I think there's only a few legitimate instances of the loss of a source code being a real concern. They've done the best HD ports and they do it by reverse engineering, doing a PC port, and from that foundation, porting to consoles. The legitimate instances are things like wanting sega saturn remasters because the saturn works completely backwards to how everything works today.

Nah, m8. I'll just play my Xbox. But the fucking 360 I want gone, and I want to keep using my controller.

Lucky for you, you'll be saving some cash, since Microshit doesn't own any of those properties.

Yeah, basically. also throw in some whites and asains tho

So what the fuck ever happened to those hints that Philbo was dropping about bringing Xbox Original BC to the PC? Was that all just vaporware bullshit to try and stay relevant, or has anything new come out?

And if Win10 apps have been cracked, does that mean their container will be reverse engineered to allow general Xbox emulation (kind of like how PS2 games can now be played on CFW PS4s) in lieu of a proper emulator? Could that mean Xbox Original games will be playable on Windows 7?

You forgot the cars and sports, idiot-face.

and controllers…

Rare is a fairly big studio, they're able to work on more than one game at a time. They almost certainly have several unannounced projects in the works.

I'd be down for that.