Think we'll start seeing difficult/niche titles becoming the norm and getting attention?

archive.fo/0iNpn
nichegamer.com/2018/03/05/monster-hunter-world-becomes-best-selling-capcom-title/

w-what

0.10$ deposited to your account op, I hope you'll be able to afford your reassignment surgery soon

No worlds was casualized to target normalfags, the director said that worlds will become the mainline series if it sold well. Monhun is dead.

Well, fuck. And, it's too much to ask of normalfags to step outside their comfort zone unless someone "special" approves it.

Can't wait for Capcom to fuck up the next game even harder and lose yet another group of fickle retards because subtle kikery is too much for them.

what they already added DLC. The lootbox is the next easy step!
GET THE SWITCH AXE PART YOU NEED ONLY IN THE NEW PROMOTIONAL STREET FIGHTER 6 LOOTBOX ONLY 6.99$!

Monster Hunter is just as niche as Persona, so it isn't really. Bigger audiences are always a problem anyway and shouldn't be something to actively strive for.

Based Capcom, truly this is a good omen.

Unless you're in a business to make money, which gaming is.

No one's ever made money making money user.

How is a series that has been selling millions for years possibly niche? That's like saying Mario Kart is niche. Something like shoot em up games are niche.

What makes World shit? I never got it after seeing how casual it got. Then I played the demo and realized how truly casual the game was. My biggest problem with newer MH games was that they kept making the hunter stronger without buffing the monsters enough to make up for it. MHW didn't just double down but triple down on making the player stronger. Besides that though I don't know what's "shit" about the game. It looked solid to me.

Wouldn't people who print money for a living make money by making money?

what the fuck?
are you the same faggots who delude yourself into thinking that Yakuza is some niche series despite featuring popular actors, script writers and voice talent?

You'd think. Seriously, for a lot of people in charge of companies, they cannot leave for even a minute because they are about as unstable as the Chinese economy (Which is relying mostly on steel exports because the Unions fucked over the stateside mills and have been preventing them from updating everything for the last 50 years).

But, that's in Japan. In America, no one knows who those guys are.

And?

user they already did that with calling every single slightly hard game "the Dark Souls of" (genre).

"And?" right back at you. Yakuza isn't a niche series, we can agree on that. While it did have quite a bit of popularity in Japan, it was nowhere near as successful here (Until recently). However, it did sell enough to earn it a following, and could be compared to single A or AA titles released here. Same thing with Monster Hunter. I wasn't referring to the title as "niche", I was referring to it as "difficult" since the series has had a steep learning curve in all of it's entries (Not sure how steep that curve is for Worlds, though). And, the reason I was throwing "difficult" and "niche" together was because the only time MH seemed to get the "spot-light" was when Nintendo was shilling it's release on their system, and, even then, it seemed to have very little fanfare. So, with the success the new title was given (Even casualized), I was left wonder if it may result in people being more curious about the game released and available on their systems (However, another user already dashed that hope: ).

Sorry about the confusing title I made the for OP, I was just hoping that normalfags would finally get some curiosity about what is actually out there that isn't advertised to the moon and back.

But to anwer OP's question, yes, between Soulsbornes, Nioh and Yakuza becoming mainstream games, the age of brain dead press x to win games becoming the thing of the past.

This is the least desirable outcome for anything niche. Normalfags, and the pursuit of their audience, ruin everything. Countless series have been dumbed down and raped of everything that made them good to appeal to normalfags. Fuck you for wanting this after all the evidence of how it never works. Normalfags will never want actual challenge or complexity.

That's why I was hoping that Worlds was a one-off (To, at least, make it easier to introduce people to the concept), and that they'd get right back to proper form with the next title (Since Worlds was suppose to be a spin-off, IIRC). But given how Capcom will be making more casualized titles given Worlds success, I see that my hope was misplaced. And, the sad thing is, I think the normalfags that hopped on board with Worlds would have mindlessly bought a proper Monster Hunter game anyway if it was the next title. It may not have sold nearly as well (Probably a million and a half less), but it'd still make the the series fairly popular, and much more popular than it previously was.

I'm not against the fact that they're trying to branch out and expand the audience that plays Monster Hunter, but I am against the idea that they'll drop their original audience that supported them for years in favor of people who just follow fads.

Literally impossible.

You can get that in visual novels like Ciel Nosurge and Ar Nosurge. Famous voice actors and talent can be all over the place in Japan. But that doesn't mean the work its self won't be niche. But I don't think Yakuza is niche any more. Hasn't been for a while.

If they become the norm, the normalfags won't go away, and that will keep the industry being shit.
Video games must never be for everyone.
Also, it does not matter hat the game is, if it's made by Crapcom: you must never give them money.

The vast majority of the world's finance is literally made by making money for others.

wat

I've played monhun religiously since Freedom Unite and most of what World changed facilitates the core gameplay. You want armor spheres? Put up a bounty for hunting X amount of large monsters. Want better charms? Go get some more gems to improve them.

Some things are notably skewed in the player's favor like environmental hazards that can shave minutes off a hunt just by throwing a rock or a turf war happening but I can forgive that for the absurd non-gameplay grind like mining the volcano for a 1/1,000 chance for a Blademaster +3 Fastcharge +3 charm being done away with. No one wanted to do a 5 second animation to gather 1 honey in the field or have a wonky inventory that gets cluttered by combo books.

I'll hold out my ultimate judgment on World when the G rank is released.