PS3 thread:another thread edition

This process will use a recently released software hack to to allow the installation of custom firmware. Check to make sure that your console is downgrade compatible.
It is recommended to check the model number on the back of your console and compare it to the chart below to determine if your console is NAND-based or NOR-based.
Model Flash
——————————- —————-
CECH-A through CECH-G NAND
CECH-H through CECH-Q NOR
CECH-2000 through CECH-2XXX NOR
CECH-3000/4000 Cannot downgrade
If you have a CECH-25XX console, you will have to use MinVerChk to check if it's compatible. Instructions: pastebin.com/2MAeD9Ke
Materials needed:
- flash_482.hex (ps3xploit.com/writer/flash_482.hex)
- An MD5 Checksum verifier
- A USB thumb drive, formatted as FAT32
01. Ensure your USB drive is formatted as FAT32, and that it is recognized by your PS3 by checking that it shows up on the XMB under Photos, Music, or Videos column.
02. Plug the USB drive into your computer, and copy over the "flash_482.hex" file to the root of the drive.
03. Verify the MD5 checksum of this file (D05BE52F8D21700052FBD1FC0174ACAE) before continuing. If they match, you may continue, otherwise you will need to redownload the .hex file and verify again.
04. Ensure your PS3 is on OFW 4.82. If it is not, update to it via USB.
05. Plug the USB drive into the right-most USB port.
06. Navigate to the Network column of the XMB and select "Internet Browser". Press Start and enter the URL for the PS3xploit website: ps3xploit.com/writer/index_nor.html [ps3xploit.com/writer/index_nand.html]. You should receive a message indicating that your console is compatible. If you do not, reinstall 4.82 OFW. Press Cross to dismiss the compatibility message.
07. Press Triangle, scroll down one option and select Tools → Home Page. Scroll down two options to "Use Current" and press Cross. Scroll down to OK and press Cross to exit this menu.
08. Press Circle and choose Yes to exit the browser.
09. Launch the Internet Browser again. Read the warnings on screen, and ensure that the "/dev_usb000/flash_482.hex" option is checked.
10. Hover over the "Initialize exploitation" button and press Cross. A success message should almost instantly appear indicating "Exploit Initialization SUCCESS…!". If it fails, follow the on-screen instructions to refresh the page.
11. Select "Patch NOR Flash Memory" ["Patch NAND Flash Memory"]. A message should appear saying "Proceeding to patch […] Flash Memory…". After a few minutes, it should change to "[…] Flash memory patch operation completed..!". If it takes longer than 5 minutes to complete, exit the browser and try again.
12. Restart your console and proceed to install a 4.82 CFW (see below).

Useful tools:
- Rebug toolbox (comes with Rebug 4.81.2)
- Multiman (file manager & game loader) store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=24
- PSNPatch (for signing into PSN) store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=244
- RetroArch (store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=152)
- ReActPSN (for activating PKG-based game backups) store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=126
- Artemis (cheats) store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=291
- Movian (advanced media player for watching movies, PLEX, streaming) movian.tv/downloads/movian
- ps3xpad (for playing with Xbox and PS4 controllers) mega.nz/#!fNxjBS5Q!z_5zPWrkuJ4UAi8Wy_uNXy9sTjJGOBwO1pV2RWOE7_U

Piracy links:
NoPayStation v2.0 - docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HfI8elhzJW9XP9_A6KLx6AZpwP9vvWTal6i7NVwVWzs
ISOS: NicoBlog nicoblog.org/ - downloadgameps3.com/
PKGS: PSNStuff+ ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=81538 - PSNDL psndl.net/

Helpful links:
Setting up FTP using Multiman: wololo.net/2014/06/30/ps3-how-to-ftp-transfer-using-multiman-and-filezilla-by-raphaelligh/
Create your own themes and set custom fonts: reddit.com/r/ps3homebrew/wiki/themes
PSNPatch usage: reddit.com/r/ps3homebrew/wiki/psnpatch

Pastebin for later threads
>pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

Other urls found in this thread:

psdevwiki.com/ps3/CECHBxx
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HfI8elhzJW9XP9_A6KLx6AZpwP9vvWTal6i7NVwVWzs
ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=98773
buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/playstation/ps3/RetroArch.PS3.CEX.PS3.pkg
buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.7.1/playstation/
forums.libretro.com/t/where-did-the-ps3-nightlies-and-stable-releases-go/14917
forums.libretro.com/t/where-are-ps3-nightlies/9810
bot.libretro.com/docs/compilation/ps3/
bot.libretro.com/.docs/
psx-place.com/threads/retroarch-1-6-7-fixed-ps3-nightly-09-03-17.14764/
archive.is/nTRQx
wololo.net/2018/03/08/ps3-slim-super-slim-exploit-leaked-harm-ps3-hints-cool-things-coming-soon/
psx-place.com/threads/deank-developing-multiman-for-the-ps4.16608/
drivers.softpedia.com/get/gaming-consoles/Sony/Sony-PlayStation-3-Firmware-4-82.shtml
mega.nz/#!VAdgFA7Q!pF8koz1nrbtgCfIvmdj4DS2e5MLKqiJFr5FDtQ-3220
psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-tools-v3-0-han-released-non-cfw-compatible-slim-superslim-models.16672/
archive.fo/SgrkE
ps3xploit.com/help/han.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what's the reason the last model of PS3 can't be modded?

i kept my cfw at 3.55 for the longest time.

just hasn't had its vulnerabilities taken advantage of yet

ps4 is also coming soon, but I don't feel like shelling out $ for a ps4 pro for like a few games.

Are there any exclusives that benefit from the pro? Gravity Daze is the only ps4 game I can think of that's good but I don't think the pro gives any advatages for it.

i just want the pro because
a) i'm a pro gamer
b) its a triple stacked sandwich
c) its more expensive
what a fucking j-joke

Get the pro on sale as it'll do supersampling with the next update as well as having a 5ghz wlan adapter.

WE FLY HIIIGH
NO LIEEE
YOU KNOW THIS
BALLINNNNNN'

That supersampling won't be there, because it's not hacked on recent firmware.

Which one of the fat PS3s should I get for PS2 emulation?

Get an OG Phat CECH-A through G (I think in that range) model. It will probably only have a 20 or 60GB hard drive in it, so order a decent sized laptop drive as a replacement. OG PS3s have hardware-based backwards compatibility, no weird slowdown bullshit like on my slim stuck with software emulation (but still better than PCSX2).

CECH-2500 or older slim, most reliable, sony's official emulator after CFW.

Don't those PS3s have a problem with overheating & YLOD?

They do, which I believe has something to do with the soldering on the CPU. If you can get it reballed, though, it should last.

Even if I didn't put any game discs inside the beast & ran backups on USBs, it still has that problem? I ask because I'm getting my hands on a old PS3 & from what I've read about it, it has more problems than the Xbox 360.

That probably won't be enough, the PS3 fat generates a shitload of heat and its just a bunch of closely stacked boards on the inside with awful stock cooling/ventilation, and the QC for these early production consoles was atrocious just like the early 360s. You probably would want some additional cooling of some sort to keep it from melting itself.

The disk drive is not the issue, it just generates far too much heat and its poorly designed.

Stick with CECH-A if you can find one, it's the only one with full hardware emulation. Phat models past B do emulation in software, and no one should ever have a CECH-B.
psdevwiki.com/ps3/CECHBxx

fuck no. Those earlier 360 models were a nightmare. The issue mostly comes down to overheating and only affects PS3's with a 90nm CPU. Open it up, dust it, apply new and good thermal paste, keep it well ventilated, and it'll be good for a while. The 65nm and 40nm systems are going to be around for some time to come. The only way it can seem to be a bigger issue is because people are actually using their PS3s still.

I think you're conflating 'more problems' with 'higher rate of failure'. The OG PS3 100% had a larger quantity of problems than the 360 at release.

what are "more problems?"

So basically boils down to don't use it in the summer heat and take great care of it instead of not paying attention?
I just want the old look of the console because I don't like how the slim looks (And I couldn't downgrade mine cause it was too recent of a model)

hmm I dont really enjoy Dragons crown…

Beyond the YLoD overheating problems mentioned already, the Blu-ray drive is so prone to failure that modders had to make a tool that emulates the BD drive so that users could install Multiman. I've also heard of the memory ports on the front going bad often.

I could see the blu-ray drive having issues and of the flash memory ports going bad, I've dealt with the latter. When it comes to those ports however, I don't see why anyone would ever use them over USB.
this must be very old information as when installing multiman on my own system, I never even touched the drive, so I don't really consider it relevant any more.

So mostly just the YLOD and a blu ray drive that once modded, won't see much use anyway. Better than failure prone DVD drives, faulty cpu and gpu, weird half-fixes and half-fixed systems floating around from common vendors like gamestop.

I don't think I've heard of this problem, can you elaborate?
Yeah, that's what I had in mind when I said that the early 360 models had less problems with higher rates of failure.
You're right, but those were half-solutions to the aforementioned (C/G)PU problems.

due to the heat in the 360 the plastics inside the dvd drive become warped and some of the tracks become stuck or no longer allow full travel of the tray. Beyond that, the laser is also prone to receiving heat damage and as you can imagine, a laser with a tainted lens is not going to be precise.

I was hoping you wouldn't say that, my 360 is suffering from such a problem. I have to bang it on its side to get the drive to move.
I wanted confirmation that this was a widespread problem, I've honestly never heard of it before and thought I was an isolated incident until now.

yeah, a firm knock will usually do the trick. It's usually a tiny plastic bit that becomes warped and that knock will give the jostle the engine inside the tray needs to get over the hurdle the trays guide rails have built up from having the warm plastic rest with the tray guide stuck in it.

I didn't purchase an Xbox until October of 2009, and I think I've only seen the Blades dash once before then in person.
Didn't these guys behind the latest PS3xploit say they would release a HEN thing for non-hackable PS3s sometime in early 2018?

I didn't have a ps3 until a year ago when I bought one, so I missed out on all the no games.
What are some that you guys really like?

ex troopers and yakuza games and initial D games. there's also afterburner climax and a daytona USA port. Nier, RDR if you haven't played it, there's lots of games if you take the time to explore.

As for Psn Titles:

you can also play that gay hipster scott pilgrim game if you really want to.

There's only one, and it's the worst in its series. Meanwhile all of the best are playable on PC. It's a valid thing to say, after all my PS3 was used almost exclusively for Extreme Stage, but that's not the game anyone should be playing nowadays.

I'm only seeing like 9 or 10 games that are relevant from this list.

Can also make of use of CFW to play fan patched games like Tales of Vesperia's extended PS3 port, as well as Tales of Berseria without Bamco's censorship (a script rip patch). Probably going to be further down the line; think I've heard EX Troopers had someone working on it.

Thought I'd mention that a Slim/Super-slim exploit is being worked on and some of the files were leaked. It'll let the last PS3 models play backups.

Can anyone help me out with this step? I shut my ps3 off and then turned it back on, but the system just turned itself on normally as if nothing had happened. There was no prompt to install some CFW 4.82 or anything, it just turned on as normal.

Was that supposed to happen? I see the note that says, "see below" in the OP, does that mean that the links under useful tools are the custom firmwares I'm supposed to pick from?

I found the solution. Posting it here so everyone else can see. From the nopaystation google docs link in the OP on line 193 docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HfI8elhzJW9XP9_A6KLx6AZpwP9vvWTal6i7NVwVWzs

From what I have read, REBUG is the better choice compared to other CFW
ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=98773

Here's the download link: playstationscenefiles.com/rebug/REBUG_4.82.1_LITE_c5da00d59e4d1a7aa599e5d0e21415f8%20_PS3UPDAT.PUP

Remember to have this structure in your USB /PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP
meaning you will create a folder by the name of PS3 which will then have a folder named UPDATE inside of it which you will then put your downloaded file inside of that. Make sure your file is renamed to PS3UPDAT.PUP (you can just delete the start of the filename since the file ends in the correct name). Lastly, remember to have your USB formatted as FAT32 as the first USB was if you aren't just reusing the first one.

PS: Remember to disable the internet connection and keep it off as you're now marked as criminal scum and will be banned if you try connecting. If you look at the forum link I posted, you will see that there are ways to connect online and try to evade being banned from your system, but it's risky. I recommend you not bothering.

My phat CECH-A died today… I was running 2TBs on the thing filled to the brim with PS1,PS2,PS3, PSN, and PSP games… Its the second time I would have to fix it, I'm just thinking of getting a slim PS3 and using that for everything bar a PS2 and get a phat PS2 using the HDD loader method (though I've heard it doesn't have 100% compatibility…) Is there any way to keep the phat PS3s cool? I always had the fan higher to keep it cooler, and always kept it at a place where heat wouldn't be trapped.

Also, anons that run CFW, how does one go about swapping HDD drives? I might as well move my dead PS3's HDD drive to a newer CFW PS3 and that way keep all my games.

Just a heads up: it seems that the jews have purged RetroArch for the ps3.
buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/playstation/ps3/RetroArch.PS3.CEX.PS3.pkg
They only offer it for the psp and vita now

Why? Assuming it has to do with Sony, I thought they gave up on the PS3.

why
I manged to install it on mine back in december

I did some further looking around. buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.7.1/playstation/
you'll see that there's only folders for the psp and vita. Then came this guy to complain about it forums.libretro.com/t/where-did-the-ps3-nightlies-and-stable-releases-go/14917
If you follow the solution posted, you will end up at the first link of this comment with the missing ps3 folder. This isn't the first time this happens, as you can see here of this other guy complaining about the missing files in the correct version of the site forums.libretro.com/t/where-are-ps3-nightlies/9810
The solution is to follow this link and compile the program yourself bot.libretro.com/docs/compilation/ps3/
When you follow the link, you are redirected to a different page bot.libretro.com/.docs/
Going to the developer options and heading to compile and then the sony section only shows you the psp and vita.

The latest version of retroarch for the ps3 (1.7.1) is nowhere to be found. If you have a copy of it, you should upload it somewhere.

Here's the closest version I found, 1.6.7
psx-place.com/threads/retroarch-1-6-7-fixed-ps3-nightly-09-03-17.14764/

get an early slim and use it for ps2 and ps3. or use a ps2 for ps1 and ps2. ps1 on ps3 looks like ass.

Given that I can't seem to find so much as a reason given for why that would be (I'd at least accept a "file taken down due to bugs found"), it reeks of faggotry. This is why people should archive shit, even the actual downloads. Closest I can get is this page, but as no one bothered to archive the links clicking them just goes to the live 404 page instead. Not that this is liable to help people though:
>archive.is/nTRQx

Not the only case of "deleted our shit" I've seen lately either. But at least those particular patches had been properly archived as well as hosted elsewere, and thus are still downloadable even though the creators went full retard. Also an issue with various creators apparently being the only ones allowed to host their own files (as even brewology just redirects back to libretro rather than host the build). What are some other potential archival sites to sift through beyond archive.whatever and web.archive / wayback machine?

You use the psp to play ps1 games. non-1000 psp has a tv out

Do I have to keep trying until it works?

It's completely rng, just pray for it to come.

Well it worked, but now for some reason my dump.hex isn't being read in the because of some file size error.

Late Slim/Super Slim CFW Soon (maybe)
wololo.net/2018/03/08/ps3-slim-super-slim-exploit-leaked-harm-ps3-hints-cool-things-coming-soon/

And I just realized I might've had a bad dump, the browser page says "Dump 239MB" but the file is less than that.

deank, the developer behind multiMAN on PS3, just announced the development of multiMAN for PS4:

psx-place.com/threads/deank-developing-multiman-for-the-ps4.16608/

I have no idea what that program does. Its description is so vague.
I don't know what any of these are, or what they're used for
I often hear backups being thrown around without knowing what it means. Like saved game data or something?

I'm dying here.

Pretty sure backups are just another way of saying pirated/downloaded games without having people lose their shit.

It kinda does everything, it plays media, lets you use FTP transfer, load pirated vidya, and shit in options I do not feel comfortable toying with.

It took me no longer than like 3 minutes for the thing to finish. Are you sure you didn't miss anything? Or do you mean turning it on rather than the wait while you're on that one page of the browser depending if you're on nand or nor? Did you check the md5 hash? Did you plug the USB to the rightmost port?
Thanks.

USB is formatted to PS3 format, directions so far haven't specified anything for putting programs inside it.
I'm on nand, and I think more on turning it on. Previously I had a successful initialization (It's still saved) but the PS3 Dumper program wouldn't load it. Even changing it to a .bin format didn't work, so I don't know what I'm doing.
Not sure where I'd find it.
Yes, it's still there.

yeah, FAT32 formatted USB with the flash_482.hex file inside and nothing else.
a hash is like a program's signature that you can use to check that it hasn't been tampered with and downloaded successfully.

looks like you just need to repeat this until you get it.

Gee, Billy, I sure hope you didn't brick your console!

Wait a minute, I haven't gotten that far, I'm still on this part

Where the hell did you see that step?

On the pastebin under ">> (Optional) Backing up the NOR [NAND] flash"

God damn it, I burned the breadsticks

laughingemojiwithtears.png

Nothing wrong with making sure the dump is good in case I do fuck it up.

anyone got a mirror of ofw 4.82?
The download on Sony's site is slow as fuck

Attached: c0d849947b8c3024dc81f9d97a7a7962c209fc634f403067a96729d9648c0af6.jpg (467x447, 43.83K)

drivers.softpedia.com/get/gaming-consoles/Sony/Sony-PlayStation-3-Firmware-4-82.shtml

Attached: 1434053145529.jpg (700x1026, 656.5K)

If your games were stored on an external hard drive; simply plug it in to the newer PS3. If you're using the internal drive to store games, you're going to need to grab an external drive anyway because the PS3 encrypts all the contents of the internal drive, on a per-console basis. You can't simply put the old drive in a new console and expect it to work. There's also the option of backing up that key somewhere and reading the drive with a computer; I haven't had to do that yet, but I should probably back up the key now that I think about it.
Keeping external backups of saves is always a good idea.

Is there any way to make my PS3 automatically run a script upon boot up? I need to overwrite a file that gets replaced automatically.

Where did you get Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition?

Attached: heymanniceshot.jpg (736x557, 52.33K)

Attached: 0ba425e5a1568695cf21d337e95abbeeea6258f4eb1669c28c810248f17136c8.jpg (250x250, 14.25K)

I run some games off USB, some from the HDD if its over 4GB. What do you mean by the computer and key stuff? I knew the HDD was encrypted but I thought that maybe CFW had found a way around that. I was running the latest Rebug Cobra on my PS3

I can't comment on the steps but the PS3's data is always encrypted on the HDD with a signing key unique to every individual PS3.

The upgrade process subverts other vulnerabilities to read data and write to PS3, like with the 4.82 webkit weakness in the browser. In this way, the process bypasses all the lockdowns that the PS3 on loading unofficial code.

I think I've outgrown gaming.

Would you be willing to sell one of those Vitas? I was thinking of getting one, and it would be easier to just get one pre-hacked.

worst sony console

Anyone have a recommended games list? Idc about sources for torrenting or w.e just a shopping list.

No idea what to play now that I've finished installing cfw
Anything I can think of either
anybody got any recs?

Thanks, was really fast to download and worked fine

Attached: 1519248424675.png (1000x1000, 215.16K)

I got cfw on new hdd but on old I forgot my saves. Is there any way to recover it without having to switch hdds that would probably fuck the cfw up?
Like connecting it to pc and just pulling the save out.

RA for PS3 (and OG XBOX) needs the official SDK to compile and as such could land libretro in hot waters if it were noticed by Sony (or M$).
The devs decided to release the binaries anyways, but some butthurt fag decided to be a bitch so they had to pull everything, should end up being uploaded sometime over at xbins.org for both those platforms.
It didn't happen for PSP/VITA because neither of those need an official SDK afaik.

The right-most USB port in my PS3 had to be removed, because the previous owner somehow broke it to the point where the system wouldn't boot due to it fucking shorting. I'm not going through the insane effort of installing a new one, so no hax for me.

Wouldn't a powered USB hub work just fine with the one USB port you have left?

Doubtful, the right hand USB port seems to be keyed for unique access to dev tool operation.

You may be able to separate the contacts long enough on the existing port to unfuck it and get some temporary operation, but it depends on if the previous owner spilt cheetos dust/alcohol or whatever else in there or if metal actually snapped. You might be able to clean with isopropyl while disconnected from mains power.

Got a photo of the damage?

I don't think the port you use ACTUALLY matters
during the "/dev_usb000/flash_482.hex", just use /dev_usb001/ and plug it into the one right next to the broken one.

Why not do what my neighbour used to do and burn copies to discs and print out the game-covers on photo-paper? It looks kinda neat and it's better organized than just filling a disc.

Is it better to get a Fat model or a Slim model? I'm thinking of getting a used one at my local EB Games.

Attached: Cozy Leo.png (378x328, 80.06K)

About bloody time

As far as I've heard, the fat PS3s overheated, and had bad blu-ray drives. But the early models of the fats were backwards compatible with PS2 on a hardware level (so pretty much perfect).
I've been wondering about the slims myself, whether they improve on the heating or if they have any other hardware quirks. I'm looking at buying a super slim, since I like the top loader (and they're about to get hacked). But I can't find anything damning about them, so IDK

slims and super slims use less power, and have their hardware created with a smaller manufacturing process.

Original Fats are reaching the end of their lifespan and as a result working fats with the PS2 chips built in are worth gold, even more with CFW installed on them.

Modern PS3 CFW now has quite good PS2 emulation software so if your desperate, you can emulate.

Attached: __kurusu_akira_and_morgana….jpg (886x1253, 542.29K)

Right, but is one any quieter or cooler under load, or are they more-or-less the same?

Seems like a waste to pay a lot for a working CECH-A, only for it to break within a year.
And all I care about for PS2 emulation are the games I can't play on PCSX2 without heavy CPU load, namely Siren, Ace Combat 04, and Destroy All Humans (which all work according to psdevwiki)

AC04 and Siren run pretty much
well on the slim

mega.nz/#!VAdgFA7Q!pF8koz1nrbtgCfIvmdj4DS2e5MLKqiJFr5FDtQ-3220 heres a alternative link

what use is retroarch on ps3?

Fuck wrong thread and can't delete.

significantly cooler and quieter.

How do I install game DLC pkgs? Do I simply use ReactPSN?

Attached: 1245033474882.jpg (557x374, 38.51K)

You install the pkg and then the rap file with reactpsn

Any chance of this getting fixed in the future?

Oh, apparently pkg files don't need updates.

Depends on the DLC. Some will have either the main DLC file, or an additional file with it, labelled as "FIX", which being installed via package manager should let you use the DLC it's for. There's also the rap file thing mentions. That said, I've only had experience thus for with rap files for themes, and while I've tried some DLC packs, I haven't checked if pirated DLC works with legitimate game files (only used them with games I had to download and patch anyhow), whether or not encryption is liable to cause problems.

Super slim exploit released. psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-tools-v3-0-han-released-non-cfw-compatible-slim-superslim-models.16672/

ナイスだよ

My PS3 collection is pretty complete though. I'll have to figure out what I'm missing besides Resonance of Fate (I was hoping for a PC port)

Any good import only games? I know Nipponese enough to play most games (but not Yakuza) and only bothered to import Vesperia and EX Troopers.

Attached: 145fccc08922b81c44a152567a12aa6794ce19b7.jpg (900x714, 232.2K)

Nier Replicant if you haven't played it.

Having a lot of trouble with the ACT/IDPS dumper. I looked it up and one of the creators says that it's best to use a 4gb flash drive. I onlu have a 32gb hard drive. If that doesn't work I'll have to just format. Has anybody here gotten the dumper to work with flash drives bigger than 4gb?

PS3xploit blows, just get a fat ps3.

Halp

RDR runs better on the 360 (less aliasing and better framerate).

Also, is there any way to make rap files into pkg patches?

Yeah, download ps3xploit resigner 3.0. Instead of dealing with the whole rap/rif dump, it just makes a 5kb pkg you install first.

rap/rif install on the web rather

Got a rebug 4.82 ps3 (square model)
Do i need to do all the ps3exploit stuff for this to work?

Can I still play vidya online if I mod my PS3?

No, you're on CFW, google rebug iso install and you'll get what you need. Ps3xploit is for ps3's that can't get CFW.

Make a secondary account for it.

So i just have to get the resigner and i'm set?

I don't even think you need that if you are on rebug. You'll be using isos, not pkgs.

So is there an idiot's guide to HAN install?

Well shit. Where did i fuck up?

Why not just mount the disc image?

with multiman? yeah that can be done, but sometimes the iso decides to shit the bed(might be my micro sd adapter, but i had no problems with other games) and there's also the multi-disc games that never came out in psn(G generation F i'm looking at you). Personally, i think i fucked up in editing the param.sfo(used True Ancestor PKG repacker and was getting unsupported file type when i tried to save the changes). any good editing software out there?

Forgot to mention this, Multiman only copies PS2 Isos but not ps1 bin-cues or isos

What is the upperlimit of retroarch on PS3

Make sure to use an alternate PSN account and set the homepage on the PS3 internet browser to a blank page. You'll need to run HAN enabler to play any games you've installed on the Super Slim at least.
archive.fo/SgrkE
ps3xploit.com/help/han.html

Personally, I use webman. You might be able to switch discs mid-game by having webman's interface open on another device. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "copy", but if you mean making backups, you can just make a disc image with a computer and transfer it to the PS3's HDD over FTP. I will give you that I haven't figured out how to get multi-track images to work, but you'd probably have to use an actual disc (burning it might work).

Alternate PSN accounts aren't a problem. I've got like half a dozen for experimenting with Dragon's Dogma that I'll never use again with the PC release out.

Does region matter? Should I update to any particular firmware?

Region doesn't matter and 4.82 is recommended. Make sure you activate the secondary account beforehand.

like a pc or what, there's also the memcard issue.
it's hilariously slow and bad afaik(and from my own tests with a psvita too)

also how do i make "fixes" in order to make psn games run without the ps store nag without needing react

Attached: 272c74fe7b99ec93606ee5d7cfabc5912c978b8d1e2d6dae7008389ece52f1da.png (645x729, 69.93K)

bump

Best hardware version if I have no plans on using it to play PS2?

Super slim CFW when?

early model slims, CECH-2501 and older.

ONRUSH?
oh and …

EDF !!!!

but i ll judge this once they are out, i do not even own a ps4 to begin with … (and edf on pc is better)

thanks, user, that shit needs to be added in the OP

what am I doing wrong?

The earlier the better is the general rule to follow with any console.

you need to active the rap file with reactpsn

Onrush isn't a PS4 exclusive.

it is a consol exclusive. so it is a ps4 exclusive from my PoV.
do not tel me some on Holla Forums actualy concider buying an xbox one when all their game goes to PC ?

The fact that nobody here owns an Xbone is irrelevant, it's not a PS4 exclusive no matter how you try to spin it.

Ban this unfunny forced meme already.

the question was: why would someone buy a Pro and not a nomal one, is there any game that would be worthwhile?

i said onrush because it is a consol exclusive and is on ps4 and the question is about ps4 pro not xbox

It helps some games, one I can think of is KH 0.2 since it unlocks the FPS from being at 30, but buying a tech demo and a remake of a bad game is dumb. Maybe other games like MHW get help from it, but the extra cost isn't really worth it over an older model that's cheaper and will be at a lower FW to begin using CFW.

user that's ancient. Hence why it's back into circulation now that the 4cucks are here.

Bullshit.

that's why i pointed out ONRUSH. who would be unplayable with unstable FPS.
but getting a consol just for one game…
even if i stretch it for EDF, with how successfull it was on PC, they will most likely release EDF 5 and EDF iron rain on PC too.

anyone got the recommended PS3 games chart?