Honest Gaming - website project

With the recent lootbox fiasco, an user wondered what could be done to support the good developers while ignoring the bad, and I came up with the idea of a website that rates each game according to the fuckery it employs. Other anons gave suggestions and this is the result so far: honestgaming.neocities.org.

The point of the website is that when someone wants to buy a game, he can quickly check out if it has microtransactions, censorship, DRM, always online and such and avoid it if he does not want to support those practices. Together, we can cure the vidya industry from the cancer it's infested with…or at least, we can try.

Taking suggestions, of course. Some ditched ones were a sliding scale of ratings - too complicated and would seem to justify bad practices. "Political agenda" category - would alienate normalfags if they saw something like "this game promotes homosexuality". Still thinking whether each game should have its own page, or if it's fine the way it is. But mostly looking for anons to fill the data for games, and then I'll add them in, since I don't really play new games.

Other urls found in this thread:

honestgaming.neocities.org/
spyware.neocities.org/
archive.is/w0J56
whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
archive.is/tSuJD
honestgaming.neocities.org/dn3dworldtour.html.
rense.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's too hard to read

OUT
U
T

I'd be fine with that category, but some anons suggested against it.

You mean the colors? It reads fine to me. Any suggestions?

Just call it "political content" and include good stuff in it too, like "white setting" "conventional norms" etc.

Remember dev dex

Would this include yuri as well? Because I see nothing wrong with yuri, /ll/ is best after all.

If you're going to do something like this, you should give games more comprehensive analysis, for example what political views it supports and what the developers are pushing in social media.

The table system you have set up is flawed too, it's too rigid since every game has to have the same cells even if it doesn't have much interesting information related to it or should have something more.

It would be better to have some kind of wiki-like page that categorizes information properly, and allows you to omit information that doesn't exist, and add extra information if there's something relevant (e.g. how Yooka Laylee removed jontron and censored complaints etc).

Who cares if "promotes homosexuality" triggers normalfags? If anything it would make waves and help get it noticed by the mainstream

Devs are cucked
boycott them all
IA was right
Attack attack attack

While I completely support this the table seems too barebones regarding an explaniations of whys. Doesnt means you need to write in every box but an average sized space below explaining what the devs or publishers have been doing lately and maybe comments like "theyve been banning everyone and their mom from forums so dont expect support" so people dont go in blind

Suggestions:
1)Change the font, make it a little bigger and clearer.
2)Rearrange the cells in
Category - Specifics
and below, the Comments. this way you have more space to comment.
3)Even though i agree with the cancer warnings, have categories to rate the actual level of the game without political evaluation and merchandising, you know, gameplay, story, graphics, etc

Doing a good work, keep it up

Good idea but you need to have a look at the UI because it isn't the most readable thing in the world. I'd agree with avoiding commentary on the content of games, political or otherwise: not only do you get into the shitfest of muh opinions but you need to limit your scope with a project like this.

Learn some CSS or get some web dev to help you out, it looks horrendous
I'd do it but I'm too lazy

dykes are yuri
yuri is degeneracy

A page each would be a good idea I think.

WHERE DO YOU THINK WE ARE

I forgot about that

Did you mention this idea of yours somewhere? I think I saw something like it fairly recently. I hope you keep at it, OP.

But you are not here anymore retard. You lost the home advantage, this is the open net, where not only autists read your reviews, but normalfags as well.
And even if you don't give a shit about SJW, jews, etc who does really , no one is gonna read your shitty web about vidya if you don't talk about vidya.

Your comments regarding WoW are incorrect.
You can't buy experience boosts or new abilities with cash. You might be able to argue money into gold into heirlooms, but legion throws thousands of gold at you for just logging in and clicking a table.
I also think you shouldn't bother listing mounts when you already list cosmetics. The store mounts have no functional advantage over any of the mounts you can get through in-game activities.

tbh the sin thing might as well say
To your average normalfag. You need proof.

Fuck off apologist.

They sell a boost from levels 1-100 last time I checked faggot. And don't even try to pretend like dropping money on gold isn't a huge boon to your character.

Blizzdrones go back to cuckchan, WoW is bottom of the barrel.

Holy shit are you retarded? Read his comments, it says level boost followed by experience boost.
That isn't the same thing.

Show us a small sampling with 4-5 games, then let everyone critic, and user, the colors remind me of early internet 2000s personal websites.

Also, focus and list all popular games with lootbox garbage.

Lots of feedback! Thanks guys.

The point of the table was so that someone can look at it and quickly determine the facts. I can add extra information in the comments section. I mean, realistically, lots of people wouldn't read an article, but will look briefly at
a table.

So should I bring back the category then?

Well, if you guys want to make some suggestions, I'm all ears. I quite like it, honestly. For now, made the font bigger and the space between the table cells longer. I think it's better now.

I don't play WoW, so these are an user's descriptions.

That's the plan, but I don't play those games so you guys will have to provide the data. Actually, I could collect it from the internet but I don't know how reliable it would be.

Thanks guys!

it shouldn't be a neocities site, imo

You could always have a scale about how progressive the game is.

This would scare the normalfags, so OP wouldn't do it. It just can be "non progressive" "little progressive" very progressive", something like that.

Don't include this shit by name like a retard, just keep it under something like liberal/ diversity agenda pushing

Something like this will only spread via word of mouth, like:

You need a designer, not just ideas.
Post on Holla Forums or something.

Choose what's better for you and not what's the greatest in the world, numbnutts.

Nice dubs.
How about something like

Bah that sucks too.

That's half the point of the site, though. People need to know if they're going to see indoctrination attempts when they buy video games.

yeah games with political agendas are usually crap because they spent more time on the agenda and less time on the polish. If you just attack them on bugs and overall business policy the normies will accept it.

By making it political all you do is push everyone away, casuals don't care, the point of the social justice crap is that its passive indoctrination designed to normalise the developers political agenda. Red pilling Normies that quickly is going to make them go into shock and then they'll go even more blue pilled.

I don't know about you but I WANT to know when a specific developer comments on his favorite social media platform that he hates me and everyone with my skin color and gender. It really does help me make the final decision when it comes to buying or not. I would also like to know if the game promotes that type of shit.

gotta agree with this. OP we already have a ton of websites where we can track the kind of stuff you want to track, none as far as I know that track if the devs are anti white. Not saying you shouldn't throw in the rest of that stuff but there isn't much point to it

If you do, simply list the biggest one, something like "Leading ideology: Feminism". Much like you would do for the game's genre. Keep It Simple, Stupid. Sliding scales are several degrees more complicated to conceive and maintain and comparatively are way easier to manipulate. And make sure you can source your selection with representative dialog of the game and that you know what the fuck your selection stands for. For example, if you put up a game as Marxist, know what Marxism is, have a definition page for ideologies somewhere.

I think the site should also list if you are allowed to run private servers if it's an online game. Also the site should also talk about what kind of mods are allowed.

Does this include any game that has a gay character or a gay option because those have been around since the 90s.

Also if you keep track of this, try to be as neutral as possible.
"Racist agenda", instead of "Anti white agenda"
Or this too
Like "Political agenda" ; "Sexist agenda"

Recruit-a-friend gives you an experience boost and costs money. It's your buddy paying, but it's still got a price.

'Political Bias? Y/N | Left-wing, Right-wing, third position, ancap lmao, etc etc." could work.
would work too

I might be autistic, but could you flip the 'Specifics' horizontally? It's much easier to read it as "None -> Moderate -> Heavy" than "Heavy -> Moderate -> None". Make it like the "Payment system" row. The current design is inconsistent. Also use more colours. I'd rather avoid the "political agenda" category entirely, as there isn't a single good agenda-pushing game anyways.

That sounds perfect to me. This can only help the growth of honestgaming.neocities.org/

What kind of metric or basis are you going to use to judge when it's indoctrination? are you going to call out both right and left wing bullshit or are you just going to take a side and bash the other?

While most political games are more often than not shit due ideologues not giving a single fuck about the medium standards that doesn't mean some of them are considered good by the average consumer.

By bringing politics to the table you are going to alienate non-political consumers and eventually you will be forced to take a side(like cucktaku, polygoon, yurogaymer,etc.) or watch your side burn for being "centrist scum".

I like the autistic breakdown but you should probably employ a more simplistic overview for quicker skimming, assuming you plan to add many companies/games.

What kind of fence-sitting shitter wouldn't pick a side?

I mean, currently both sides are garbage.
Either be a liberal faggot refugees welcum or a corpo cock loving goy, do you really want to pick a side?

I won't even bother looking for BOTHSIDESRDUM.jpg.

A fence only has two sides.

That's clearly multiple fences.

This too. Modding must be mentioned somewhere.
>modding tools; has official sdk / editor, modding is often encouraged (Civilization 4, FNV, Skyrim)
Maybe something like this for a start?

What would an ancap game look like?

Pls OP, avoid this cancer. This kind of shitflinging has no place on your site. Just mention it among previous sins if it's really necessary. The "Individual" category is absolutely perfect for this kind of stuff. Simply, put a warning that the developer is politically driven or something like that. Most lefty developers are absolutely insufferable anyways, so you are bound to find some dirt on them.

This is the dumbest analogy I've ever heard.

Klein bottles and Mobius Strips only have one side

I have made a similar site, but about technology at:
spyware.neocities.org/

What I did was allow people to email me articles, this is where about half of the content on the website comes from. If you allow anons here to email you articles, that could create much more content.

Glad to see you're still working on that. I think you should list spyware operating systems (like Windows and macOS) as well.

they nerfed it down to 50% and it doesn't stack with heirlooms, which can give you the 50% bonus if you wear a full set.

Should we use a youtuber to shill this website?

I check the email account, but nobody has sent me anything lately. Maybe I should make another thread on Holla Forums about it sometime.

That modding scale should also talk about how you are allowed to distribute mods. Like if you are only allowed to distribute them on a certain site/forum/platform like Steam Workshop or if you can distribute them anywhere.

People who disagree with either major side in an argument get called fence-sitters all the time. If you're sitting on the fence it's because you're not picking a side, namely "my side" or "their side".

just say everyone is a jew and call it a day

I don't particularly care for the branding. Anything that's that outright signaling is almost always sketchy or bound to become so.

I support this project. Good job OP

I think it's a decent idea, although I do worry about it taking off the ground. I'm also curious if you'll do it like devdex where you'll have a list of people who are hardcore SJWs, if so I recommend sticking to individuals rather than teams. Especially because you have teams of 100+ people working on an AAA game, and I doubt all of them are SJW cultists.

That's another thing I worry about, SJW infiltration is bound to come up sooner or later.

THIS. Just pass it as a controversy among the previous sins description.

Make the category tabs a different color. They look like part of the rating rather than the criteria used to rate the vidya to begin with.

and it might be clearer to just include a checkmark over the tab that's selected rather than highlighting it yellow, but that's just a suggestion

-Crossing Souls
-Hyper Light Drifter
-Pyre
would all be interesting i guess. I know they're indieshit, but i like each game and consider the devs relatively honest. Pyre is very witchy/liberal feeling, but fun/innoffensive/extremely polished, while Crossing Souls has some v refreshing politically incorrect humor like literal fat shaming. Its great

it might be better to use a pro-GG journo to make sure its not overwhelmed by a cancerous audience before it even gets established, it also makes more sense for them to report on something like it too

Every time I've seen this image used its always
and what a surprise it ignores one of the biggest fucking problems in vidya, political bullshit being inserted if not outright pushed as propaganda

The HLD devs included a shout-out to Anita in their credits.

Fucking really? jfc

Hyper drifter shitter is purple and pink as a theme. If that is not enough of a red flag to you I do not know what is.

devdex again?

Yes.
Hopefully, it will take off this time.
It was only good idea from these people. Almost everyone here should know what I am talking about.
For these who don't: newfags - lurk more.****

in the name of fairness, I just want to state that WoW's in-game shop is only pay to win in one category: Max Level character boosts. The rest is mounts, pets and transmog. The most pay to win it gets is bypassing leveling. however, the game does not unlock stronger skills or pay2win abilities.
You save time leveling and that should be stated, but the statement "new abilities" and "Experience boost" is wrong. There are no experience gain boosts either, only boosts to Max level, or 10 levels before max to you experience current expansion's leveling areas.
If you're going to make a website project called "Honest Gaming", the more reason to not be unbiased and get the info right.

no!
You have to understand, developer and publisher are different to its core. It would be ok, to make a publisher dex but for god sake, fuck off with this retarded developer shaming.

Also, skip political. Keep it objective. like said.

People have to actually agree with the message in order to be indoctrinated. If someone isn't politically inclined, he's not going to see politics in the videogame. Likewise, if someone is not politically inclined, he's not going to care about a message saying there's propaganda in the game. The only people who'll care are people of the opposite political spectrum, who are not going to get indoctrinated because they're immune to contradicting discourse already.
Basically, you achieve nothing but controversy and maybe attention.

WoW needs the online requirement and Battlenet. Maybe even add a short paragraph about how reach game really is instead of just what it has/is and what it isn't.

Indoctrination is aimed at children, it's necessary to socialize people after all, but the problem is that certain ideological standpoints go against functional reality more than others. Therefore, spreading the idea to younger people that certain kinds of indoctrination are bad is a good idea. Take a stand.

I'm struggling to find games i even want to play anymore. Rip me for paying for this shit

Come now.

Indoctrination is aimed at everyone faggot, it just affects children and teens the easiest

Newsflash, everyone is a child before anything else, dumbass.

I'm pretty sure that's just you, sperg

I don't think you understood my post.

What are you saying to do then?
More importantly what does this have to do with the site?

Fuck. I botched my spoilers.

While it's true, you forget that some publishers have power to just change every single employee in developer studios and run studio into ground, shortly after that they will just sit on dead IPs rights like fucking Harmony Gold.

I'm saying that everyone starts as a child in life, so saying indoctrination is aimed at everyone and then saying that it is just more effective at children and teens is a nonsensical statement, as it would automatically mean that in order to indoctrinate the greatest number of people you would want to do it while they are still young. As for what it has to do with the site, there was some discussion of potential categories of classification for with regards to political agendas.

How about you do a "Prominent themes" category so you can list feminism and equality with benign things like "coming of age" or "Destiny"
That way you can justify it as allowing people to search for the tag when they want a certain kind of story.

The colours and the layout are just too messy. You should be able to tell what's going on with one look, not wonder wtf is going on.

Why not just call it out as cancerous? Why would you cuck to the whims of SJWs?
Just Label it what it is. The people who would complain don't fucking play video games anyways.

You either censor yourself by not calling out political bullshit when you see it,or you alienate normalfags and paint a giant red target on your back should the site ever achieve any kind of prominence.Good luck user.

Or just say how it is.
Desu sex - conspiracies, anti-government
Kingdom cum - Medieval Christendom (and say something like explores the conflict between Protestants and catholic)
Shitrim - Civil dispute/war (nationalism, racism, independence movement, etc)
AssCreed - KHANZ(some smarter user can come up with something more subtle because i am way too bias)

Also to add:
Add something along the lines of
X's viewpoint
So say most World War games would be American Viewpoint. And for Skyrim it would be multiple different viewpoints since not only do we get to listen to imperials but also nords and argonians and darkelves and all kind of viewpoint.

I'm tempted to agree with this, though I don't agree with making it sound edgy especially for a site named "honestgaming" or whatever.
Just be honest, be reasonable, be blunt.
Facts before feels.

this shit is starting to get too complicated at this point with how much variation is possible with the political bullshit and "themes" which people will disagree on heavily

I'm sorry, but level boosting and exp boosting are not pay to win, they don't help you one bit at top level. And if your idea is that expansions are pay to win, then you're being willfully abstruse.

How about

This is all retarded. You could argue any fucking game can contain any fucking viewpoint if you bullshit hard enough. I could argue Tetris is about the plight of a fat black tranny trying to start a commie revolution or that it's about an aryan ubermensch cleansing the Reich. Doesn't make either true.

Pay to win isn't the right term, but it is a cancer.
Its paying to avoid (necessary) gameplay/grinding which either signifies something wrong with the game, or if it isn't, something should be said for why it isn't.
If its explicitly for veteran players to avoid leveling their smurfs or some shit while I personally still consider that cancer it should be stated. But in a lot of people's cases, "winning" is getting to max level and doing shit in endgame in shit like MMOs, there is no "ultimate" win condition in those types of games.

I sort of like it at least as a criteria but the problem is that it mixes legitimate themes with cancer themes, whereas the only thing this site should do is tell you if a game is guilty of shit or not rather than be a description for the games themselves or what themes you can expect to find in them.

I would say pay to win is if I can buy a piece of pvp gear that puts me ahead of all other competition because they can't acquire it in-game without having paid real money. That's the traditional and in my opinion PROPER definition of pay to win. There are Korean grinding MMOs that do this kind of system, so it's not even a hypthetical, games with this type of pay to win nature do exist. Being able to speed up leveling is kind of ridiculous (though you can get a similar boost if you have a friend sign up through the refer a friend program), but it pales in comparison.

You are grasping at straws. I meant not theoretically but very obviously.

I'm not. it would be very easy for disputes to start for shit when people literally ask what a character meant by that, and people argue back and forth all day on it. A non-vidya example could be Griffith. Would he be a villain or hero?

again user its not the right term and its a different thing, doesn't mean it isn't a cancer
its basically a "fast-forward gameplay" or arguably a "skip gameplay" option.
godmode pay2win items and DLC items like what you describe are cancer, but a different kind of one.

Griffith is a meme at this, but you're technically right. A reminder that we had Ben Kuchera write full on articles about Tetris being communist propaganda.

But my problem is it's just like the ESRB's most recent idea with the microtransactions sticker. Well according to them expansions and DLC are also microtransactions, therefore, you can't identify games that have loot boxes because of it.

Overwatch has loot boxes, World of Warcraft does not. They have microtransactions in both games, but one is using the loot box gamble system (aka gacha), the other is not. I'm pointing out that conflating them to be the same thing is just as dishonest and misleading, and it muddies the rating system.

You need to disambiguate or your system is just as flawed as the ESRB.

Being a meme is irrelevant. God knows how many people unironically have bought into the Griffith did nothing wrong meme, and many other memes. Insert quote about communities of retards. Though you got point anyway.

Yeah, that makes sense. Edgy shit on a humourless site is pointless, and what said works. You just state the developers self claimed ideology or reported leanings, religion, race/ethnicity and so on and leave it at that. Blunt and honest

I'm not disagreeing with anything you're saying user. The clearer everything is the better. EXP boosts aren't nearly the same thing as pay to win items or packs and whatnot. Regular microtransactions aren't the same thing as lootboxes which aren't the same thing as key and crate microtransactions.

Race and ethnicity might be going a bit far for a site like this. Ideology and reported leanings should be enough. If you really wanted to give a way to show their race or ethnicity without stating it as a criteria (because doing that is a bad idea if this site isn't imageboard exclusive), link a social media page of theirs and people should be able to see what they are, especially since the worst kinds of fags about their ethnicity will have it or it should be able to be seen on their twitter profiles and whatnot.

Don't do this. It will turn of normalfags. Just link to the developer's wiki or profile of something. Like contact information but its basically serves to show who he is.

I wouldn't use "political agenda", I would use "forced diversity" and "preachy hamfisted messages"

Normalfags don't/won't care. Wikipedia lists every person's ethnicity, race, religion, and the last time they took a shit, and nobody bats an eye because it's all purely for information. The same excuse works. alternatively you could wait until the project is actually off the ground and has a userbase and then implement more information

Try writing alternative history instead.

What a shit fucking layout, why the hell does the table span to the fucking edge of my screen, I have to actually use my neck like a fucking retard. If you think about it now, we add in 100 games, you have this huge fucking document that you have to scroll like a fucking moron. There's also no distinction from free as in free price of a game or free as in a free and open source game and no additional metadata about what operating systems or platforms was it released on, re-release/port differences between them (like serious sam hd does not have the witch harpy and headless kamikaze combo), when it was last updated and/or some form of revisions in case for example: simcity (2013), it used to have always on drm but now it's if I recall fucking removed. What if that shit happens to a recent game that has drm?
Now that I actually think about the website; it's probably handwritten with a bunch of br tags instead of using the css or actual paragraphs. Just COMPLETE SHIT instead of something actually reasonable. I FUCKING HATE IT.

Not entirely true, only people who vocally identify as these things typically get mention.

it doesn't work when Wikipedia advertises itself as an entire encyclopedia whereas this site is meant to show off what is or isn't wrong with a game. There'd have to be a lot more information to compensate if we're going to include race, and at that point we'd be making full-on dev bios

The things is that if you directly states it it will seem like you are being bias towards race which result in normalfags being put off but linking wiki or something gives the same data but secures a non-bia image on our side. If people care about race in the first place the link would be enough confirmation and those who don't care won't get put off by bringing it up.

Tetris is actually about the Armenian Genocide. The tetrominos represent dead Armenians, and you play as a Turk trying to hide the evidence. Because the Armenian Genocide happened, you can never truly win true variants of Tetris.

I don't have a lot to offer except I like the idea keep up the good work user

Then it's worthless. I was under the idea that it was effectively that; Full info on the game and its functionality, as well as publisher and developer info.

I call bullshit and I've already stated why. Information is information. There's no speculation or bias in stating that Mike Jaret is a Jewish American Man, or that Daniel Vavra is a White Czechian Man. And if someone has a problem with that, the dumbest thing to do would be to cuck out and let them control what you should and shouldn't be saying.

:^)

Then I'll reorganize my statement

nigga if you want this to be ethicspedia for games there would have to be a lot more work done than what we're seeing here

You don't seem to grasp the fact that even mentioning race at this point is considered a political statement.

Any retard who thinks that is just gonna stick to kotaku and ignore this site. Most normalfags do not feel that way.

Oh no, I grasp that, but I don't give a shit and neither should you.
Also is objectively correct.

it isn't about mentioning race, its about why mentioning race would be relevant to a site like this, and if its considered relevant then a lot of other dev info would have to be considered relevant as well for it to not to appear like a racial angle is a criteria for being considered an "honest game".
Imagine the kind of shitstorm if we put a scale from white to nigger as a category

We'll is it gonna be on the dev page or be in bold letters on the game page saying "A NIGGER MADE THIS"? Cause even Wikipedia mentions race and no one cares. It seems pretty normal to me.

Yeah, we're also going to stamp stars of david alternating with swastikas over pages for games made by Jews.

Wikipedia is an entire encyclopedia. This is a small, game site with a criteria and rating system dedicated only towards showing how good a game is in terms of consumer ethics.
Its two entirely different things. Wikipedia doesn't "rate" things, it doesn't use any scale. If we're going to include shit like a dev's race, we'd have to include a reasonably-sized and relatively comprehensive dev bio to go with it otherwise people will assume that a dev's race is included in the "rating" system, which actually would be racist and anyone with sense would be able to see that

Can't believe people are still forcing this "muh optics" argument, catering to morons with is never going to work. Just provide information so people with sense can make proper decisions. That said, race is irrelevant because the most flagrant brainwashing games are made by white men anyway.

OP here. Thanks for all the feedback!

Probably skipping the political shit for now, we will see later.

I have never played WoW, just trusted an user's view. So you can't buy abilities or experience, just boosts to max level. Should the statement be "Boosts to max level, " then?

What's the solution, then? Either keep the option "Pay to win" and explain more deeply in the comments, or split it into "Pay to skip" and "Pay to win" ?

Modding category has been added.

Done.

Hmm, you are right. I didn't notice. It's done.

From what I know, when it comes to World of Warcraft you always have to grind the character to max level before you can get into any of the actually meaningful content, so it's more about skipping the leveling process and getting into the main content straight away instead of giving you an actual advantage. It would be pay2win if it allowed you to buy gear. I never played World of Warcraft, I'm working on what my friends who did told me so I might be wrong.

I think that there should be more than a tiny box. What we don't need is all of these fucking logos and Rotten Tomatoes and IGN scores all over the fucking box. I don't need to know that Rebecca Sanchez or whatever the fuck her name is gave the game a 5 out of 5, because I can't trust her opinion to be unbiased anyway, I know she gets paid for her reviews.

Use more of the box to describe what the fuck's going on, instead of a tiny logo that people don't even notice, make it a much larger part of the box. If it really matters, have a box around the box, so you can throw away the ESRB shit after the fact, I don't care, I don't collect junk. But the fact of the matter is, you need to explain to people what the fuck kind of services are there. What they're doing.

When I bought Overwatch I knew there was lootboxes, and I rationalized it as "well I'm playing with friends, and I'll never buy a lootbox anyway, right?" I never bought a lootbox, but it didn't sit right with me all the same. I also never played more than 20 hours of the game, so it was a waste anyway, because they all stopped playing on me.

Imagine buying this game for $60, and then finding out that your son just spent another $120 on fucking virtual items without your knowing. Rationalize that.

Subscription fees are common in MMOs, up front pricing is common in MMOs, World of Warcraft having those I'm familiar with. But they don't sell boxes with tier gear in it, they just sell shitty mounts that I don't care about. I mean I don't play WoW anymore anyway, but that's not the point.

I don't really have an issue with people being able to fast track themselves, if they want to ruin the experience for themselves let them. I take issue with more pragmatic issues, like private servers where you can roll up a character today, spend $200 (yeah, no joke) and get tier gear, instant level 60, class/race combinations that are not lore friendly, and just basically do whatever the fuck you want because hey, you're a paying customer, we'll kiss your ass. Bob paying $15 to instant level his character to level 100 is fine with me, because Bob is probably a super casual who plays a few hours a week, and he's just wasting his money anyway cause he'll never experience the game's challenges. If he finds it fun to throw that money away, let him.

The real moral issue that is being argued isn't boosts, though. It's gambling. Gacha shit, Lootboxes. You pay money to win a prize, and if you already have that prize, they give you a minor pittance in return. If a skin is worth $2 they give you $0.25 worth of virtual currency and figure that's an equivalence cause "hey, at least you got something, right? :^)"

That's where I'm saying more awareness should be raised, explain how there's an undocumented loot chart, how you can easily get things you've owned 9 times out of 10, how you only get a 10% return on duplicates, etc.

There's plenty of things you can explain on the label. I don't care about the box anymore, because it's not like they even give you a fucking manual anymore. They package with a paper insert for your CD key and you're lucky if you even get a disc.

I'd recommend dropping the Neocities site that nobody will visit and instead using a Steam curator list and a GOG mix. I know that's not a popular thing to say but I think it will get more eyeballs on your project. The goal is to educate normalfags, and normalfags won't care about something that's not blasted in their eyes on the same page as the buy button.

Also no fucking politics. You should be aiming at educating the widest amount. If you really want to do that, make a separate project so you don't polarize a large swath of your potential audience.

Having his own platform is a good thing. He can't be cucked if he has it to fall back on and use as leverage if those places ever go to shit Steam already has in terms of being able to fuck over curators that they don't like or get bad publicity about
He can work on steam curation after getting this site off the ground and making at least a small name for it and using them to build off each other.
More publicity though through those platforms is a good thing and definitely should not be ignored.

The problem is that this has changed. It's not about paying to skip gameplay any more. Now devs will purposefully introduce really dull, really boring, and just completely unfun elements into games and then give you an option to skip them.
Imagine if Doom wouldn't let you move onto the next stage until you picked up five berserker packs, and berserker packs in the level took five minutes to respawn. You could pass this off as "Well it serves to familiarize the player with the level" and that's exactly how they do it. "We make the player go farm materials for 25 minutes because we want them to learn the map better and have breaks in the action".
Then they give you an option. Hell, modern games will even give it to you as a fucking quest. "Spend $5 to immediately gain a berserker pack or spend $15 to gain five berserker packs BEST VALUE!!". You'll still get the majority of people who will clear a level and make it to the exit, then wander around for ten minutes looking for the berserker packs, but you'll also get people who, after searching for ten minutes and finding nothing, will just spend a few bucks (I'll make it back in an hour of work, so who gives a shit) to go on to the next level.
And if you complain about the berserker packs being a pain in the ass, the fanboys will just tell you to get good and Holla Forums will tell you to just play a different game, get good, or hang yourself on the day of the rope.

Those that were against it are leftists.
Keep this category, as it is the one that can hurt the sales of corrupt companies the most.
But keep a tight lash on the western ones.
"Yuri" games are meant to promote gorgeous girls for Men.
Western games promote literal faggotry to pander to gay abominations. Those are the kind of games that must be labelled as "never buy" or something alike.

Games must be what we want them to be, and nothing else.
If something is shit, it must be removed, no matter how many idiots around the world like said shit.

I don't think this site was intended to be imageboard exclusive user.

uh oh

Spoiler and sage for offtopic:
Honest user, have you gotten any emails about Whatsapp being malicious? I've been toying the idea of erasing almost everything that contains named information from me. I been thinking of nuking my facebook and deleting Steam.

user this site has a lot of really basic typos that really hurt its credibility.
Can you run the text through a basic spell checker?
That should solve a lot of problems. Also you clearly don't shill this site enough.

anons tried telling him that last time when he put it on Holla Forums

Holy shit.

So?
Leftists will be pushed away from everything.

Here's my take on the process, it's a rough draft, not even really finished, but I feel it better helps the individual buyer know what the fuck they're in for.

Its looking much, much better now.
Dunno where the ESRB/Christcenteredgamer type stuff came from, seems kinda unnecessary to me but that's just a personal opinion. Nice work.

Weak shill.

The idea is to give anyone who wants to know the info they need to determine whether they want to play. Some people are fairly religious, such as Mormons, Jews, Muslims, Christian/Catholic fundamentalists, Scientologists and guys from Montana.

The Chinese are objective to spirits and ghosts, Islam is objective to demons, Judaism is objective to necromancy, Christianity to magic, etc. It's not meant as a witch hunt by any means, only to allow individuals to choose what "sins" they commit, or if they want to avoid it altogether.

I didn't imply anything about a witch-hunt user.
Just seems like an odd sort of thing to have.
You'll also have to make it pretty clear what the rating system for them are and that's where I worry things might get lost in the details (for example what is the difference between a mild and heavy, and heavy and graphic levels of violence? Same for Clean vs Mild vs Crude language?). Not only that but you'll have a lot of shit to deal with when it comes to specifics like theme.
Again though that's just my opinion, its your site and your vision, you do what you think is best

I'm not the OP. This is me providing an example of how I think the OP should consider structuring things.

I just wrote a similar interface to the OPs. If I were going to actually write a live website I would turn the three sections into tabs that you can click to get a far more in-depth read about everything. It's not my project, though.

Difference between mild and heavy violence is that with mild violence you knock your opponent(s) out (i.e. Pokeon), but there's no death. Heavy violence is where killing is routine.

Clean is no profanity, mild is damn, crude is shit, vulgar is fuck, adult is cunt/pussy, etc.

The statement should be "Max Level Boost, mounts & pets, cosmetics"
Again, there is no "experience boost. There is recruit-a-friend system but you don't pay for that.

You don't pay for that, but your friend sure does.

I think it's important to hard-line ANYTHING involving paying real money and getting an advantage, no matter if it's by proxy like the recruit-a-friend system (by the way, to the disingenuous retail WoW players, don't pretend that the previous bonus for nearly a decade being 300% increased experience, a two-seater flying mount (read: two seater flying mounts when the recruit-a-friend rocket came out cost a fucking absurd amount of gold), being able to summon and teleport to your buddy, etc etc. You are PAYING BLIZZARD BY PROXY to give you these bonuses. Stop lying.
EVERYTHING WHICH GIVES YOU A BONUS YOU WOULD NOT OTHERWISE HAVE GAINED WITHOUT PAYING MONEY IS PAY TO WIN.
Getting fucking preorder bonuses for a single player game is pay to win. Fallout: New Vegas is pay to win if you get the caravan pack from Best Buy. You get a bonus you wouldn't have got otherwise without paying.
It's more noticeable/egregious if it's a multiplayer game but the point still stands. Letting shit slide because you try and talmud out of the truth is incredibly contrary to the point of a website which lays all the guts out for the world to see. The reader forms his opinions from fact. If you don't think it's pay to win, then why would you object to having it added to the site?

get the fuck out.

Those.
If the game let's you pay for any kind of boost, it is pay 2 win, which means that it must be put in the same shitty predatory practice as either gambling or extortion, as things to avoid a game for.
And any leftist political agenda must also be reason to avoid any game. But praising Right wing political views must be always presented as a good point.

The moment a game becomes a tug-o-war between politicians is the moment that it's shit. Left or Right get the fuck out of my goddamned game, play the fucking game for the game or go back to your board and wank off about politics. You sound like a leftist, tribalist too. Not every point a party makes is good. Right wingers just happen to be fighting against the current tyranny, and if you had the same power they did you'd do the same shit as them, with a different flavor but the same suffering inflicted.

nigger if you want people to accept right-wing values you can't fucking circlejerk, the reason Holla Forums gets anyone on their side at all is because after wading through the bullshit, they find truth in what they're saying. or at least that used to be the case, nu-Holla Forums is pretty shit now
Holla Forums isn't supposed to be reddit, and this game isn't supposed to act like a fucking how a journo would, shoving politics in your face.

Yes, it is about taking power away from the left and giving it to s so we can control.
And?
Everything will be politicized, and the left is losing. In any place, when the Right has power, anything and anyone that did not fought against the left will be more and more pushed away from social and professional life.
Get used to it, fence shitter.

The same weapons can be used, and are effective.
Boycott leftist games and praise those that put to Right wing views in a good light.
It is already happening anyway.

leftist journos false-flag and lie all the time. Does that mean we should spread misinfo and do the same?
its a bad idea too, as tactics like that will eventually come to bite you in the ass, hard.

Devdex was run by revoltards with an axe to grind.

Thanks for this. It gave me some ideas. But I don't think I want so much stuff in there. For example the Blasphemy thing. I think it only matters if the devs avoided including something "blasphemous" due to censorship. Same with Spiritual Themes. I mean, I wanted the site to be a list of bad practices mostly. But maybe I should widen the scope?

I completely agree with this. But I want the truth about WoW. Some anons say there's no exp boosts and some say there are. So what's the case?

Oh that was just an example, the thing I wanted you to actually take away was the way I laid out purchases/vs expenses/etc.

I'm not going to write a god damn CMS to lay out all this information, obviously, this is one HTML file on its own, I didn't even write an SQLite for this shit, cause it's not important enough to me. This is your project, I just wanted to give you some ideas and proof of concept.

archive.is/w0J56
They're so full of shit you'd think they were walking compost bins

Does it really not matter if the bonus was nerfed and no longer stacks with a bonus of the same magnitude that you can earn through in-game effort?

Wouldn't that be a step in the right direction? Should a MMO not have things like this that you can earn?

No because it would discredit your site. If you want controversy, just slap a #GamerGate tag on it. In fact, slap that on it anyway.

Yea and this is the same

Virtually every modern proprietary software is malicious. There is too much profit in it.

This is a great idea.

only SJWs use -isms like it's an actual word
>>>Holla Forums

any proof for that?

Demoralization shills were extremely common back in the early days of gamergate, when goobergays were trying to start a new website, youtube channel, op, etc. You should never, ever listen to someone who tells you not to do something like this, at worst it never takes off and you spent your time making something you can use to pad a resume or something later. At best it becomes a very popular and useful website for people (like what happened with deepfreeze). You should always, always ignore people on Holla Forums (and other places on the internet that aren't safe spaces) that tell you not to make something and to give up.

They were vicious at the start of gamergay. Someone would come up with a really good idea, and the whole thread would fill up extremely fast with demoralization. And then the next day after the shills left, everyone would like the idea, it'd happen, and it'd be a success.

Its amazing how we still get them even to this day.
Fucking inhuman freaks.

Jesus fucking Christ.
At least steal some bootstrap CSS theme or something.

Colors are fine though

WoW tokens are blatantly P2W, given that the lion's share of player-curated character services are buyable with it indirectly (See also: Mythic+ carries, PvP carries, raid carries)

Bruh.

Do you have a db?

NodeJS is not for front end.

Forgot to add Node + Angular.

I actually saw a few frontends that ran on node. they were utter shit
ftfy

Go on.

NodeJS is pretty much your only option if you are going to create dynamic IPFS sites though.

what? why?

unresponsive, slow, buggy, unstable and near unusable websites. the devs were incompetent idiots that never listened to feedback. just a bunch of college dropouts that had 2 weeks of experience on mobile app development between them. the estimated 2 weeks of effort for a fucking font change. you can imagine how it all turned out.

they*

oh, and you could see the backend configs in the DOM. database addresses, users and passwords

I mean if you got the links to the sites or what libraries they used. As far as I knew NodeJS as a framework for frontend is possible I guess but preposterous.

Absolutely haram

Go search for node.js front end and dive down the rabbit hole of stupidity. I'm impressed. There are plenty of people trying to make it happy. I assume because they suck and only know javascript, yet want to be back end developers really badly.

no links, sorry. I ran away from that company 3 years ago and I see the domains are dead or broken.
very true.

wew

Site has been modified! Now every game has its own page. It's just cleaner that way. Removed previous fuckups since I want to describe each game separately. Added false advertising category. Also wrote an article on a cash grab that has annoyed me for some time.

Neat, good job. Will do for now.
For future iterations, you might want to include a search engine and a way to list games by category (genre, developer, etc), all in one page. Preferably with pages and not infinite scrolling

Please don't add JavaScript.

Short term, just have the pages sorted in alphabetical order.
Where's the form for submitting games, you cheeky cunt?

Yeah, ditch the colorscheme but keep the web 1.0 design. Think stallman.org

you could add an option for people to submit game information for approval. this should be done as soon as possible for newer titles, especially high budget shit ones and anything with controversy around it. the site needs to stay objective and reliable, therefore no assuming political bias- but what we can do is point out the affiliations of major staff as well as their background information, including DOB, race and religion.

is a game full of (((diversity))) made by an old jew and a ton of young niggers? we can objectively point out the latter without being witch hunted for the former. people will draw the connection on their own.

add at least one text field for an overall description of the game, including year of release, developer, publisher, budget, genre, and multiplayer component y/n.

for multiplayer games, indicate service provider (if any), community server support y/n, anticheat, active/revived/dead servers and current/past provider (if applicable). also important: highlight if the game has a market and if those market goods are liquid assets (can be converted into cash).

finally, indicate whether or not the developer is defunct, where money form current purchases goes, and what % goes to who (if this in available)

this

This.
Add to that: anything that can be used against corrupt corporations or against corrupt politicians that are lobbying to ruin video games IS a good idea, and must always be implemented.
Ignore (but report those that want to make you quit.
Also, exclude all leftists. They will try to sabotage your work.

If you want normalfags to pay attention to it OP you're going to need to make it easier to read and a lot more obvious. As much as love the Web 1.0 charm, a normalfag is going to look at it and think it's one guy rambling about games he doesn't like and they'll instantly dismiss it. You need to look presentable and somewhat professional so they'll take you seriously. You're making the mistake that they're going to even know if things like DRM is bad or not. Doing something as simple as changing the colours so bad options are scary red makes it much clearer to them that Denuvo is bad, even if they've no idea what it is.

Also some basic improvements like moving the list of games to a sidebar and having them colour coded based on their overall score. Pic related is a simple mock up of what I mean. The page should be light enough that you can have all the details on the index which would let someone casually browse through the information instead of needing to decide which one they want to look up. Don't force idiots you're trying to educate to make choices about what games they want to get information on otherwise you're missing out of them having that 'Oh I heard about that game, it does shitty stuff huh? Guess I won't buy it' moments.

I like that,it's very nice looking.

Actually, it'd be a great idea to present a link every time DRM is mentioned so it explains why that particular DRM is bad.
For example, Denuvo could link to this:
whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
I like your design much better.

Yeah links to more information on particular things would be really good.

That would definitely be more normalfag friendly.

This is also a good idea.

How about some links to why Loot Boxes are gambling and the such?

Also guys, you can submit games in this thread for now. Just tell me what should be in each category and I will put it in. Or you prefer e-mailing whole HTML pages like an user suggested?

I think that would make sense if somebody made an html file template that's the same for everyone.
It would probably save whoever puts everything together in the end some time.
You could add a GitHub Repo for that stuff or something.

You're not paying to make recruit-a-friend work. It is not pay to win.
Also, leveling doesn't matter because the game starts at 110. Leveling is just a grind to extend play-time. You're paying to save your time, not to win.
If it was paying for abilities, armor or stats, it would be pay to win.
Experience Boost is not on the shop. The only thing that is on the shop is skipping the leveling altogether, but there is no experience boost. The only experience boost is Resting mode (blue bars) and recruit-a-friend, and nobody does recruit-a-friend anyway.

You dumb fucking nigger research it yourself. If you're gonna make a website based on anonymous poster's rumors that sure as fuck is not Honest or unbiased. Objectively research the games and make factual statements, otherwise you miss the whole point of "honest gaming". You're a lazy piece of shit if you just go by what anons throw, if anything extremely biased, and the whole point is to not be biased

2 seat flyers are obtainable in-game by many ways i.e: Sandstone Drake is craftable.
Being able to summon and teleport your buddy doesn't really matter with LFG and warlocks
the bonus experience was nerfed with 7.3.5 as they scaled all leveling areas to your level and they also nerfed heirlooms and increased experienced required to level
This is not really a bonus if all these perks are obtainable in-game already and are easily accessible.
And once again, leveling doesn't matter. The game starts competitively at 110, anything below that doesn't matter.
You don't pay for recruit-a-friend. It's that simple. Thus, you are not PAYING to win. You're not paying by proxy you stupid imbecile the friend is paying for his SUB not for you. You get nothing except summoning each other which is trivial and an experience which has been nerfed not to stack with heirlooms which are better than the bonus anyway so it doesn't matter.
by your logic cosmetics from pre order bonuses are pay to win. You're retarded.

This is an actual interesting argument worth debating.
You can pretty much legally purchase gold, which gives you access to player-curated character services. Yes.

However one can argue Mythic+ carries and AOTC carries don't really matter considering how easy it is to do your weekly or do heroic Antorus right now. If anything the REALLY bad players are getting fucking taking advantage of or it's their only way of being able to compete
The only which i would agree with to be considerate in actually being pay to win and shift the balance would be mythic raiding carries, but those are very rare and are (yet) not seen besides top 100 guilds world wide, and the price is also a rip off to the point little amount of people partake in it.

I don't think you understand what pay to win means. muh goalpoasts
Pay to win means you have given money for an advantage or service that would set you ahead of other players that isn't obtainable otherwise.
I know that you can use warlocks, LFG, dungeon/raid finder, summoning stones to bring other players to your location, but you're getting an in-game ability you would otherwise NOT HAVE if you hadn't paid Blizzard.
Same thing goes with the two-seater mount. There's two seater flyers, three seater ground mounts, vendor mounts, probably more new bullshit, but that's not the point. You can buy them using in-game gold, or you can buy the two seater flyer by someone else's subscription.
The Sandstone Drake was fucking expensive when it came out. I recall some of its crafting reagents being a flat gold dump like the chopper mount, necessitating the user to just vent a lot of gold to some dickhead vendor in the middle of nowhere. It was expensive, but all multi seat mounts were. You could have used the gold from that purchase for gear, enchants, fucking buying Plain Letters off the auction house, whatever else, but the point is you have an item of considerable value which you didn't need to "earn" via gameplay.
The problem with what you're saying in all of your posts is that the advantage conferred is still obtainable via other means. Somewhat. There are in-game alternatives available for a significantly greater price.

Because you're giving Blizzard real money for WoW tokens which can be sold for gold or carries through end-game content, you don't need to grind out as much gear or join a guild or whatever else. You've paid to get around the actual hard, grindy stuff. What about this do you not understand? Time is a resource, especially if you're paying for a monthly subscription.
Saying the game starts at 110 doesn't make any difference if you're paying to shorten your levelling experience.
Pay to win isn't something reserved for egregious shit like chinese gook shit MMOs where you give 400 yuan and get to buy better gear or something. World of Warcraft is pay to win, even if you don't have to pay, by nature of allowing players to skip content, grinding, etc. by just giving more money.
You ultimately seem to think that what I mean is "pay to win is the ONLY way to win," which isn't true. If giving more money makes the game easier to win, then you are paying to win.
Path of Exile offers the full game and all of its content for free. You can make a fresh account and kill Elder+Shaper without paying a dime.
But you can buy stash tabs. You're able to store more stuff than otherwise, not requiring you to make a mule character.
It's not strictly necessary to get stash tabs to grind gear, but you won't be able to store as much currency or as many build enabling uniques as someone with more stash tabs. The other player has an advantage over you because he paid for the tabs.
Therefore, it's pay to win.

Politics, race and religion are objective.
Games made by leftists, with niggers and kikes involved, are objectively shit made for marxist propaganda and the site HAVE to inform this.

This.
Have a section about information on the shitty practices such as DRM, DLC, pay 2 win, lootboxes/gambling, leftist pandering/marxist propaganda and such.

Being biased towards anti-leftist views is a good thing and it IS honesty.
The whole point is to inform the viewer about predatory or shitty practices, and leftists involved in the development are ALWAYS detrimental to the quality of any product.

Nice
Aaaaand you shit the bed

Instead of pointing out never ever early access, lootbox, denuevo, censorship you much rather do a shitty political shitfling that will stay up a week before he forgotten

The formatting is fucking terrible, but the concept is solid.

This is a world where the obvious agenda behind black panther went over too many heads. Pointing out that the emperor isn't wearing any clothes to the serfs that like the emperor for some reason is asking to get the rest of what you say ignored no matter how accurate it is.

while I'd like it if you could tell things to people straight, you can't. that's why the site should be 100% objective, no opinions or even analysis. we already have a legion of (((tech journalists))) to cover the "my opinions are journalism" category (and they're a joke because of it), best not add to that.

This guy has it right, you cowards. Do you want to be right, or popular?

Would you lewd the Nanachi?

Wouldn't we just be preaching to the choir then? I thought the point of this was to educate people ignorant of what was going on?

Oh nevermind, misread your post.

You know you have to be +18 to post here?

はい

At least read the thread before acting like a faggot.

I never stated he shouldn't call out jewry or shitty practices. My statement was about being objective and factual and getting info right.

You just admitted not even having up to date knowledge about the game
The Sandstone Drake is only 30k. You get like 7k for free every day with Legion Class Order hall. Just doing a world quest can gives 250g each, without taking into account the extra 100g from follower equipment. 30k is chump change. You burn that on your week's worth of raiding consumables.
Nobody cares about questing zones or leveling zones. summoning your buttbuddy is irrelevant because what matters to win is the competitive or actually relevant aspect, such as PvP or PvE content, not leveling content.
Anything that is cosmetic, pets, mounts or leveling boosts doesn't really fucking matter because they don't affect the end game where the actual competition starts. Yes, it saves you time from leveling but the advantage is not the one-and-only when heirlooms, blue bars, Dakrmoon Faire experience bonus, among a plethora other in-game bonuses you can get exist.

The one that is an actual in-game advantage is having lots of gold, and since you can buy player services with gold buying WoW tokens is by proxy pay to win. Although it is not officially pay to win since it is pay to win by players and not officially pay to win shop by blizzard. I agree with the WoW tokens to a degree but the "Experience boost" is baloney, and it boils down to people looking for any excuse to shit on WoW. I don't blame them, but if he's gonna make an honest and unbiased website, he needs to get the info right. There is Max Level boosts to buy via shop. There is no experience boost available in the shop. period.

I haven't played WoW, can you clarify something:

Does the experience as referenced by the "experience boost available in the shop" relate to character experience for level progression, and does the "Max Level" boost contribute to the very same level progression?

If the answer to both of those is yes, then how does a "Max Level" boost not count as an "experience boost" as both share the same and only function of reducing level-up time?

Regarding your argument of Time being a resource
Gaining gold requires time. Gold currency is after all a currency representing your time effort placed to gain said gold. You can purchase this gold, but you can also gain it legit. One could purchase player-curated services with honest gold gained by playing the game. In that case, it is not pay to win, since it is an honest exchange. It can be pay to win, but not necessarily 100% of the time.
I don't want to sound like damage control, but I want to go layer by layer.
Next, the "carries" are not of end-game content. any retard can do a +15 mythic+ or do heroic antorus this late in the game. It's not a carry. It only saves you time. We can get autistic and measure the time it takes to get 930 ilvl, which is a few days if you grind your veiled argunite titanforge, PvP and do LFR for titanforge, along with crafted 935. But let's just be brief and state that getting from fresh end game to 935 takes 2 afternoons, not months and months of progress, the content is very easy and the game gets easier with every expansion, and the total progression in ilvl is only 10-15 ilvls per piece if they go from 930 to 945.
But even then it doesn't matter because NOBODY pays for carries because it is SO easy. Most people do it for the AOTC achievement.

the price is 150k for a kill of last boss and 250k for full clear. The price is not worth it and not many people do it. most bad players do it for the Ahead of the Curve achievement so they can enter pugs, and they farm the gear themselves. They're not saving time but rather paying for a fake licence to be invited into pugs and get it themselves. The only ones who pay for full carries are people that want MYTHIC gear and the price is so retarded expensive nobody does it and very very few (top 10 world wide) sell kills. It doesn't happen. By the time it becomes mainstream the content will be almost a year old and it won't matter.

TLDR: Paying to clear the first level of Mario bros is pay to win, but in practice nobody does it because they can do it themselves (mythic+). People don't pay to get carried because they can do it themselves, so they just pay for 1 boss kill so other players can invite them and they can farm it themselves. And mind you, nobody does this because the content is so old any retard can just join a pug and get it.

meant as a reply to

I don't disagree that there's severity of pay to win, if that's what you're getting at. But denying the game being pay to win in the first place because you can work around it isn't honest documentation of the truth, which is the entire point of the website.
Like I said earlier- you are paying for gold. You are paying real money for gold. WoW tokens are generated by the community and sold at a price that changes with the market, but the items are available in the first place because someone, somewhere, paid the 15 dollars or so for the token.
Because of that and because they come with intrinsic value unavailable without paying (can't exactly earn subscription time in-game without them, right?) it's pay to win.
I don't think it'd be right for the website to have pay to win on a slider, either, as tolerating little things getting by is how this entire industry got to the critical mass of shit it is now. You've got to take a hard line on what is and isn't pay to win. Hopefully it'll show people using the website just how prolific upselling and microtransactions are in modern games and how it does negatively affect players.

There is no "experience boost available in the shop". OP is retarded. They don't sell experience boosts.
They sell you a token that turns your character instantly max level.
"Max Level Boost" means you just skip the experience of leveling altogether.
"Experience boost" implies you will experience leveling, just faster.

Common sense, user

In paper it's by-proxy pay to win. In reality, it is trivial and no one does, and as time passes it becomes more and more trivial.

Blizzard does not offer anything pay to win (outside of skipping leveling to save time, but then again "win" is vague because there is no competition in leveling, end game is the true content, it doesn't affect your PvE or PvP performance). The ones that offer services are players, and they get paid with in-game currency.

The website is talking about the developers and publishers of the game, not the player activity within.

It is worth stating in the website that you can purchase gold legally by buying tokens with dollars and selling them for gold. But that's about it. Blizzard is not negligible for player activity.

So an experience boost would do exactly the same thing as a level boost, except worse because it takes time.

That sounds like the one that is more pay-to-win than the other is the one that's actually in the game.

Using table as formatting layout is haram op.

no. it wouldn't do the same. You're retarded
The job of OP is to be objective and precise on information. Max Level Boost is not the same as Experience Boost.

But yes, max level boost is more of a boost than the other no shit

An experience boost helps raise the level of the player. A max level boost helps raise the level of the player.

Yup, they have completely different functions. Totally agree.

No, it's just a mockup.

You'll need a backend with a db. Maybe also an api to consume your data and open it to other devs.

They are a joke because they push subjectivity.
Pointing that a game is shit because it was funded by kikes to pander to shitskins and faggots, is an objective truth.
Politics will never leave the medium, and the site might as well inform what politics are behind a game. It is a shortcut for most of the plebs to know if a game sucks.

But is is a fact that deformed kikes giving money to develop a game results in shitty games.
The site must have a specific section of "funded by jews" in the same category as detrimental practices such as "DRM" and "lootboxes".

There are always uninformed people that are just starting to notice the shit that the industry is trying to push, as well as it's lies.
By pointing out the responsible for it (kikes and leftists), and tracing a connection to other shitty games made by the same groups, we can objectively inform a newfag about what kinds of games he must avoid based on who made said games.

What about AoE II: HD Edition?

This looks like a great idea. Make it grow

nice meme. At least add all MMO games, WoT,WoWs,warthunder, etc.. For the grind, pay2win and unwanted software

that's the shit edition, complete edition is what you want
AoE 2 HD is also shit. AoE vanilla is fine and you don't give microshit money for doing next to nothing to improve it aside from stretching the game window and hackjobbing pseudo-60 FPS on it

So the game doesn't even start until it's over? What a shitty design. All that's left once you're done leveling is doing raids, which are by far the worst part of any MMO, especially WoW..

Vanilla AoE2 is unplayable. HD edition has a much high resolution and you can queue farm rebuilding which is honestly the biggest deal ever.

Oh yeah you can also add political discrimination to the list. A popular right wing guild on the server I play got disbanded last week. At first they changed the guild name then simply disbanded the guild. Pics related.

Oh yeah I've also been told they perma banned the guild leader and two officers.

It's like being banned from Twitter. They are free now.

I'm NOT the OP. I created a mockup to give the OP suggestions. That's why there's no backend. I'm not going to make a fucking SQL db for a demo to give the OP some ideas on how to structure his interface.

oh my bad then. sorry.

I'll be honest, this doesn't surprise me one bit, Blizzard offices are located in California or Washington, right? Total left-wing power center.

Actually what surprised me was that they simply changed the name of the guild at the start. I expected a disband plus a ban on the leader and all officers, so I was a little surprised when they just changed the name. Within a week they went back and just banned the leader and 2 officers and disbanded the guild though which is what I expected from the start. The name of the guild was Lampshade Factory which I thought was pretty funny.

i'm unclear based on what you posted: Was it just conservative/right leaning and got accused of being white supremacy and banned, or were they actually posting and doiing supermacist/racial shit?

Any discrimination against Right-wing politics is an indicative of a low quality game, as the leftists can't create anything good.
And spreading White Supremacy and racism against niggers should be commended and never punished.
Companies like Blizzard must be put in the "detrimental to gamers and society" section, for their hate of the Right.

Nah, like all WoW addicts, they'll make another account or buy a high-level one.

Sure, if you're retarded and can't look up the fan patch.

This is actually really good. OP should do this.

When you include a link like the see other site you should include an archive in case said link dies.

do you know what vanilla is

Nah

That's not vanilla you faggot. Besides why would I want to play with a bunch of extreme autists who have been playing this game since the 90s and will auto kick anyone who doesn't have a good rating. It's next to impossible to even get a rating on Voobly since people just kick you instantly for having 0 games. Meanwhile I can actually play the damn game with the HD edition.

PvE:
Raids
Mythic+
PvP:
BGs-rated BGs
Arena

Every season you get your arena or rbg 2.2k+
Every raid content patch you get your 99th percentile performance parses
Then you log off and sub again for the next Raid content patch, or PvP season if you're into PvP.
The problem with WoW is that its PvP has gone to shit with casualization, so the only content which has been polished over the years is PvE. PvE in legion is the best it has been since SOO, being better than MoP in general for PvE.
The true enjoyment in WoW is raiding with friends and pvping as a group with friends. Once you achieve seasonal achievements there's no point in playing.
Leveling is the most boring part of WoW and just a bureaucracy to get your abilities and learn your class/spec

O-OK…

Probably considered white supremacist by most based on the hitler quotes for guild names and such but I don't know if that was joking or not. I wasn't part of the guild, only heard of it through a friend. I am pretty confident in saying that they wouldn't have banned a black supremacist or we wuz kangz guild however.

So about WoW, this is the situation as I understand it. Maximum level is 110. You can pay to get to that level, and only then the enjoyable part of the game starts. If so, isn't this like "you have to grind all these levels to start having fun - or pay up!" ?

Of course more will be added, the website has just started. Was hoping for anons to submit some but I guess I need a form. I will add my own too of course.

Yes, that's exactly what themepark MMOs do. They refuse to take a second look at their game's design and instead just stubbornly stick with the same old formula forever even if it doesn't make any sense anymore.

Added a form for game submission! Don't know if it works though - please test it out. And might be insecure heh.

Or just make a section on each DRM on his own website.

I remember when we tried to get a website cataloging anti-consumer shit back during GG nominally called "devdex" but it never got off the ground. I hope this project turns out better.

It wasn't really. The people who knew how to put websites together (if they ever really existed) just never got their shit together to push the project forward.

This though, keep your political shit out of it. You do immense harm to the call for a DRM-free movement when you lump it in the same category as political opinions you don't like.

Developers who have a choice to side with their customers and choose the anti-consumer option are just as culpable and need to be called out. Nothing is going to change as long as you let parties wring their hands of responsibility.

Make it all one post next time

You're just gonna trigger all the normalfags and the website will lose its entire purpose: informing the normalfags and casuals about shitty games and devs.
You have to inform them objectively and professionally without not being taken seriously by the normalfag who will just discredit you as anti-semite. You have to show the power level without destroying the surroundings as you power up. So you have to do boil it slowly.

Recruit a friend is ultimately useless because heirlooms, in game attained, are better. No one does recruit a friend anymore.

OP's site is kind of shit because he goes by random anonymous posts on 8ch instead of researching, and he doesn't even bother linking sources cited for proof regarding unethical practices by the dev/publisher. (DRM, denuvo, lootboxes/gacha, etc)

The Guild War devs are just cucks who want to censor people who don't share their politics. There should be a big mark on the website that says
DO NOT BUY, CUCKED TO DEATH

Requiring a source is going to be a problem in many cases because games journalism often refuses to even talk about shit like Steam DRM. Original research will have to be a component of this site, it shouldn't fall into the trappings of Wikipedia.

Actually to put it more succinctly, a site like this needs to become a trusted authority on anti-consumer practices, not merely some amalgamation of other authorities.

Maybe as a part of anti-consumer we could list discrimination against political/religious affiliations, ethnic groups (will be mostly whites of course), and the like.

The whole point of this shit is to be objective fag

And how is it not objective to point out that they might ban you from playing a game if you display certain politics?

I think it should be called a "banning users" category. We can say if they ban users due to certain political views, using "politically incorrect" language, streaming or uploading footage of the game, cheating, etc.

Fair enough.

let me guess, you also click on any dolphin porn zip file thinking its a free game.

To be fair it doesn't take much to be more trusted than the mainstream media.

This whole "lol shitposting" meme is so fucking tired. If you make low quality posts, they're low quality posts. They should not be celebrated or acknowledged as the majority of posts, nor should they even be tolerated. Nice cropped porn, I bet you wear rainbow leggings too you fucking queer.

That's a nice idea. I think I will make this a separate category from "Censorship". Censorship will be just for things like removing panties or whatever. And "moderation" will be for what you get a ban for and such (and will be only for online games).

I can see devs going full kosher and banning people from singleplayer games.

Beware shills like this one.
Personal politics DO matter when making a game.
Every leftist tries to push their agenda first, and make a game last.
Informing the consumer that a game is made by leftists IS informing that the product is of low (or none) quality.

Exactly.
Developers are as much to blame as publishers.
There is already a shill movement to try to make developers untouchable and to never blame them, when they clearly chose to side with the publisher against their own customers.
If they "have bills to pay", it is their problem. Any developer that sides with the anti-consumer practices is an enemy that must be destroyed.

Informing then about the kikes is objectivity.
Kikes fund projects to push their agenda, and thus any project with kikes involved IS a shitty product because of that. They want to create propaganda first, and games last.
And being anti-semite is a good thing to teach normalfags while informing them.

This.
This should be the first thing that any consumer sees in the site, when researching. With links to explanation of those terms and why they are bad. But first, a visible and big note of "DO NOT BUY THIS" should always be the norm when dealing with cuck devs, leftist companies or kikes involved.

You can also request for anons that had printed comments by cuck/leftist devs, and also search the main site of Archive to find archived news about companies that are against their own customers. Case in point:
archive.is/tSuJD

This.
The site must be worked to become big. Central to information about games, and indispensable for customers that want to completely avoid shitty companies.
Be prepared to the attacks that iot will receive from goons and marxists on the industry. Keep calm and keep updating, and always have back up for everything.

This is the best format.
But inform about banning users from single player with always on connection, or banning users from online stores as well. Don't limit the information to only online games.
Always inform about companies that are against the political or religious views of it's customers, as well as his race, and those that actively ban their customers because of any of it.
Inform the political and religious views of the company also, as well as the race of it's main staff and owners.
It is objective to inform those, as politics, religion and race ARE the main source of current shitty games.

Report goons such as this one.
The mainstream media and companies are afraid of our opinions and sources, for we are reaching normalfags.
Anyone trying to dismiss this board is a goon or infiltrated mainstream media guy (remember the "Activision user" and others) trying to stop this project while it is starting.
They come here to discredit and dismiss everything, in a failed (as they are by birth) effort to stop information to spread to the normalfags.
The (((journos))) are on their way out, and they are trying destroy initiatives that will speed up their end.

That's good and all but it is counterproductive to shove it in the face of normalfags. Rather it would be better to create a database of people fucking up gaming and detailing how they are fucking up gaming; naming them in the articles.

I think informing about the race of the developers is a shitty idea because any company with a significant amount of employees is going to have at least one racial minority working there regardless if the company is SJW or not and not all non-whites are SJWs.

You're going full retard user.
The man should approach his website objectively, with his own researtch citing primary sources, not relying on fucking JOURNOS for fucks sake, and showing evidence. He thinks whatever an user post says is a creditable source is wrong. It's like that user never finished fucking high school. come on.

Now regarding going full power level will just be counterproductive. There's a reason why Alex jones can't just blame the jews on his channel. Nobody would watch him. You have to do it slowly. This user is right and you can't just shove it in their faces. You're better off detailing meticulously HOW hey are fucking up gaming and letting the normalfag put 2 and 2 together as they realize a level of self-awareness.

And no, not anybody who disagrees with being extremely direct is a goon. You idiot.

I'm personally hoping that (((they))) out themselves by trying to call the entire project antisemitic since it's more damaging to them when kvetch over something that looks innocent to the average normalfag.

Background information is kind of necessary to better understand. Technically we don't necessarily need to point out race except when it's relevant and a picture of the person in question would do for most of them.

>intentionally give shitty advice
>people lap it up

No, it is not.
Too many places already try to bury the connection between the kikes and the fall of the industry.
Name the jew.
Point out that they are one of the main reasons that a game ends up being of low quality.

Any company with niggers or other shitskins in a commanding position, or in the development, marketing or human resources teams IS an SJW company. Didn't you notice that already?
As with the kikes, informing the races in those positions in a company is a way to anticipate low quality products.

Yes, you are a goon.
And Alex Jones is controlled opposition.
Not naming the jews is the primary reason for many outlets and "informational" sites to have fallen.
Always name the jews if they are involved in a product or service.
When every site was "informing" of nuBattlefront II's "success", this board was the only place that pointed out it's possible (and later, confirmed) failed sales, as well as it's low quality.
Here you can find information without the corporate cock-sucking from other sources.

The pic would be great.
But it is always necessary to inform the race. There are too many anti-white pieces of shit hiding behind closed doors on companies, pushing white genocide on their games. Informing the races of the developers is a way to create a link between shitty games made by those low I.Q illegals and low quality games.that are made only to push propaganda and deceive the customers.

It's illegal for a company to deny employment to someone base on race and/or sex in most western countries, so there are going to be non-whites, mixed race, and women in every AAA company regardless of the companies political views.

How is he wrong? The government is stuffed with SJW idiots.

Completely redesigned the site. Added an entry on another turd that has annoyed me: honestgaming.neocities.org/dn3dworldtour.html. Removed submission form since it's not applicable anymore. Haven't yet managed to modify the Cortex Command and WoW articles to the new format, but will soon.

He didn't say he was wrong just that if you make a company you're forced to have "diversity" whether you like it or not. The other option is to get sued into oblivion.
At least that's what I think he's trying to say but that stuff mostly applies to the US.

I don't think you understand. Shoving the fact that kikes are ruining the industry in the face of normalfags is counterproductive because their brains shuts down when presented with the JQ in a heavy handed manner. Everything after the JQ will get ignored. That's why it needs to be lowkey but there is an alternative to naming the jew that is arguably more effective that nobody is is exploiting.
Getting the jew to name itself without naming the jew in question then pressing that fact that they named themselves as the problem.

That looks better but I rather do away with the table you have there and going with what has but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

In the US and I assume most other western countries, it is illegal to discriminate employment based on race, religion, gender, and/or ability status. There are still some states in the US where it is legal to discriminate based on sexual orientation and/or gender identity but any large company in those states that do this are going to be run to the ground by SJWs.

They can always circumvent the law.
And by informing that "mixed race team + women = low quality product", we can gradually make the idea that hiring shitskins and women is detrimental to the overall quality of a product (which it is), to the point that people start questioning those laws that force companies to hire those sub-humans.
It already happens now, even without any effort. People see a mixed race team or a team with women, and instantly reject the product.
With a little more effort, we can have "no shitskins and no women" to be the norm.
As for AAA titles, they are proving again and again that they are all shit. So, having a category that pretty much classifies all AAA games as "do not buy" is a good thing. It is an acute representation of the current market.

Archive this tread, and if it get's deleted, create another one, put the archive of this one, and keep the project going.
Don't let this idea be buried.
There are already infiltrated corporate cock-suckers creating all sorts of useless treads to try to bury relevant ones that question the companies.
Keep the idea of your site going forever, ever increasing.

No.
Normalfags are even more aware of the kikes ruining everything.
In all places, you can see the comment sections of anything related to kikes filled with normalfags complaining about them.
There is no need to hide the jew Question anymore.
All informative sites must name the jews and explain why having jews in any production is an indicative that said production will be a scam based on low quality product or service.

People don't care if sub-humans are discriminated anymore.
People are fed up with their vitcmihood.
It is up to the good companies to fight against SJWs, and to never bow to them.
As is up to us to push even more for the purge of women and shitskins from the industry.
There is no corrupt law that can't be overcome.
You are talking like if the law was absolute, which it is not.
Enough pressure can force the government to change the law in our favor.
Forget about what it is allowed or not, and concentrate in what we WANT to be allowed or not.
We mold the law and the market. No one else.

If they know about the JQ then they aren't normalfags.
The easy counterargument there is that they are "ourguys" not "normalfags". We have many people who mingle among the normalfag to inform them of the jew.
Nobody is saying hide it or at least I'm not. I'm saying we shouldn't shove it in their face because it nets a similar reaction to a jew with a victim complex and saying that from experience. There's also the fact that the main selling point of the website is talking about predatory and anti-consumer practices with the database of (((people))) that are fucking up the industry being a compromise to inform people of that without losing or diluting the original point of the website.
That's not the focus of the website and most normalfags don't want to hear drivel about how jews are evil.
THEY JUST WANT TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES AND NOT BE FUCKED OVER BY CORPORATIONS.
Since that is what they want that is what we must focus on lest we suffer the same problem SJW have when they shove their shitty agendas into their shitty games.

If you want more than that why not try to make your own website rather trying to takeover someone website. I'm certain that if you are so right that you will be wildly successful but if you are wrong then by pushing this shit into this everyone suffers including OP.
If you want a pre-existing website to spread around then here you go.
rense.com/

Cortex Command, Duke and HOMM articles have been further updated. Style has been cleaned up. New category "Release style" has been added. I think that's it for today.

Don't let this idea be buried.
There are already infiltrated corporate cock-suckers creating all sorts of useless treads to try to bury relevant ones that question the companies.
Keep the idea of your site going forever, ever increasing.

Thanks for the support!

We will see. But I don't think I can convey as much information with that kind of format. And it would take a long time to redo the site now.

Also thanks to this user
from whom I took many of the ideas.

Red Cross symbol is trademarked. That's not censorship.

"Note be fucked over by cvorporations" needs to name and purge the jews, user.
If the site will inform about corruption or predatory practices, it MUST inform about their source: the jews.
Let the normalfags make the connection, all right, but ALWAYS name the jews when predatory and anti-consumer practices appear in a company.
The jew prosper when they can hide.
Name them, and their corruption become the focus, as it is in their very nature to corrupt everything and take away profit from it.
Informing about corruption is informing about the jews. Citing one without the other is useless.

Why don't you take a step back and ask yourself:
COMPARED TO WHAT?
Fucking Kotaku?

Because, yes, I absolutely trust Holla Forums more than Kotaku, or any other gaming journalism site for that matter.

This.
Those dismissing Holla Forums are goons and other soyboys in league with the cuck journos/child rapists that want to stop any action to be taken against them and their corporate owners.