MGS Ground Zeroes

How the FUCK does this heap of shit get a pass as not being a terrible port? Everyone seems to defend this god-awful port simply because it fucking runs. This is straight up a console game sold on PC. There aren't even mouse controls in the menus. How is this acceptable?

Is MGSV any better? I've been seeing people claim that it is better than GZ in terms of playability. This is why Jap games are all complete garbage. If they can't make a proper PC game, then they aren't worth paying attention to.

bad bait op, thanks for the dubs thread tho

I really liked MGS1 - 4, but I returned MGS 5 after two hours of play time. The game just sucks and feels like BADttlefield 3 sandbox. Also, I skipped all the cutscenes in 1-4 and only went for gameplay so don't try to Kojimbo at me.

I hated MGS 1 and dropped it, then tried 2 hoping it would be less shit but it wasn't so I dropped that too.

The only reason I'm trying this game is because it actually seems different than the rest of the series and actually at least slightly interesting looking.

The best part is that I'm aware how much this all sounds like bait, yet these are my honest opinions.

I'm sorry son, you might be too autistic to enjoy MGSV. That's probably a good thing tbh

You can fix it with mods!(tm) After all, they had to crack denuvo to get the mods in :^)

Well…I take it back it feels more like Bad Company with graphix than BF3. MGS was my first PSX game so….I guess I might be a tad biased.

I played it on the PS3. Meh.

Really now.
If that honestly isn't bait, then you clearly didn't bother to think about those sentences any longer than it took you to write them. It sounds like you don't even know why you prefer PC, no different from the retarded console tribalism you no doubt despise.

For KB+M controls and not being a walled garden.

Better keyboard support though there are some glitchy controls. Plays like a breeze, low system requirements GZ lagged like a bitch on my Radeon 5450 but I was able to play TPP on high settings, go figure. The game itself on the other hand has been chopped in half, all the side missions that are optional in GZ are shoved in your face and it suffers from poor map design barring precisely two locations ( a problem GZ did not have for the most part). Open world hurt the game badly because there's jack shit to do. Story is also trash, tons of VA cut even though they specifically hired Sutherland for that stuff, and for reason Kojima felt compelled to rehash Sniper Wolf for the nth time and pretend like it was something 'controversial'.

tl;dr Play it anyway with mods, might get 20 hours' enjoyment out of it.

everyone know MGS games are shit (gameplay and "story" wise)
don't listen to the few Kojimadrones

Well shit you're fucked, you're left with only what Kojimbo made. I.e. some baby arcade trash that becomes laughably easy with the stealth camo toys and shit.
(go pirate it if you want then get infinite heaven, the game can become buzzword then)

Kojima is the second worst thing to happen to MGS. The worst thing is Konami's shareholders in charge of MGS

STANDING

ON THE EDGE

OF MUH DIQ

Even an alcoholic hasbeen from hollywood charges exorbitant prices per vowel, go figure.

Those are both good reasons to prefer PC, but how does their absence make all console games garbage?

You just had to ruin it didnt you

They already recorded the damn lines, they just didn't put them in the game, and we got a love story between a mute and an autist instead.

You do realize you're on Holla Forums right
Is it really that outrageous for someone to unironically hold those opinions on fucking Holla Forums

What the fuck is this shit? How is automated launching even a relevant thing? You save someone from pushing a button?

Okay, I was a bit misleading there. Not all console games are bad. There's plenty I enjoy, even if I don't prefer consoles. But console games on PC that are obviously not tweaked to work on PC properly TRIGGER me.

Because it runs fine and is well optimized.

Of course not, I hold those opinions too. I was just pointing out that the argument was retarded.

The idea was that deterrence theory was flawed, because the retaliation step of MAD relied on a human being essentially deciding to end the planet, which meant he would probably choose to not retaliate, which meant you had to get an unfeeling AI to do it.
That, I strongly agree with.

I mistook which post you were responding to when I replied in . I didn't mean I agree that Jap games are shit, I meant I agree that PC is generally superior, especially because of the walled garden thing.

Also, Peace Walkers were also meant as mobile nuke platforms. They were basically autonomous, self-protecting, mobile platforms that could easily spread throughout the middle of fucking-nowhere jungle and stay hidden until a nuclear attack, in which case they would retaliate without any qualms or guilt since it's an AI-controlled machine.
Hot Coldman was just a stupid fucker who wanted to trigger MAD between two superpowers just to prove Peace Walker worked as intended.

Kill yourself. The game runs fine even on mediocre systems. There are a shitload of cancerous ports and indieshit you could hate for bad performance, and yet you chose one of the only good PC ports in the past decade.

Jesus christ you people are pathetic cucks. If you bought a car that ran well, but had to be controlled with a flight stick, would you call it a good car?

I play all MGS games with a controller. You're the dumb fuck using a flight stick.
It doesn't just run, it runs well without unnecessary high requirements, a feat much harder to accomplish than keyboard and mouse controls.

What the fuck are you talking about
Also it works perfectly

use a controller you autistic nigger

I do believe you're in fact not baiting, I really do, I think the problem is just that you're incredibly stupid.

Look at the posts OP has made.
Literally no fucking argument wahtsoever, just ad hominen used on this board as an awful attempt at trying to fit in.
I could run GZ with a 2009 dual core and a GPU from 2010 at 60 FPS on High and the KB+M controls are great and have no issues whatsoever.

Stop bumping to this fucking absolute garbage.
Stop giving this retard replies, unless you love to be called cuck, soyboy and weeb in the same sentence.

Gore or Loli?

Trying to fit in here would mean sucking Jap cock all day every day and worshiping Kojima like some kind of god despite not being involved in a single decent game.

You forgot soyboy, birdbrain.

Fucking stupid faggot.

He invented Metal Gear retard. Unlimited faggotry.

Oh boy, he still thinks he's posting on cuckchan.

Gore or Loli fucknugget?

Why not both?

This isn't 2006

Fail is timeless as failures will still try and start system war threads.

Quality game.

I don't know how you managed to get "console war" out of this thread. The only things being shit on are Japs and MGS.

It's your fault.

SYSTEM war. Not Console war. The OP is a faggot that is ranting about ports.

And the difference is…?

Cunts going full PC master race that cry when a PC doesn't get a game the consoles get but moan when they do actually get a port…so not much of a difference.
Its the same type of autism.

Its funny that rich jews and users of imageboards have so many tastes in common.

But I don't give a shit if I don't get some shitty console game on PC. This is just about the port being garbage.

Mods must be too busy jerking off to the gore.

At least they're not OP

No, its just Mark prepares spirit cooking cake for himself. A pizza cake.

Probably.

He should cook OP and eat him whole

I'd tell him the Labo is a shit product for children and he would stop dead in his tracks and start crying.

I never knew the master race were such pozz pigs. Seeing as how most companies that make good PC games are also the biggest pushers of current year bullshit.

loli
I BET YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE THE BALLS

Sony does all of that as well and you can't even pirate their shit games.

fun fact, everyone did shit on this when it came out and the meme of the day was

And Lucas invented Star Wars. Still the worst thing to happen to the franchise.

What mods do you recommend?

[Laughter]

Infinite Heaven, no development requirements or timers, morbid's side op expansion pack, S++ soldiers, and just tweak Infinite Heaven's settings for fun mode.

Also in TTP, when you need to REMOVE THE NIGS, it doesn't allow you to filter crew by language, so have fun going through 2k+ soldiers, while you use the arrow keys to remove fucking kigongo.

Yeah, you're just a shill. Reported.

See Tolkien having the sense to keep his stuff away from Disney after seeing the hatchet job they do with the Grimm Brothers' stuff; Lucas on the other hand sold his prize pig to them knowing what would happen.

I'm playing on pirated, so I'd say Infinite Heaven r207, ICBINR, Audio Redux, No timers, Wild Weather, and throw in some cosmetic stuff to your liking.

It's one of the best optimized releases that came recently. It ran batter smooth on my fucking toaster, while looking better than any game that came out that time. You can be upset about it being "paid demo" all you want, but GZ has an outstanding PC port.

I see your problem.

They're just fine what the fuck are you talking about? And why are you playing a demo? I really hope you didn't pay for it user.

I find it harder to make a base full of qt women

But the demo is better than the full game

You must have LOVED the original dork souls PC release that needed mods to actually render at a resolution other than 1280x720. Zero standards cuck. Go back to reddit where you normalfags that eat up any shit you're given belong.

What are you on about? It runs of a fukken potata and fine by default. What have you done to fuck up so catastrophically?

running the goyworks stuff maxed out on an AMD APU

You fucking 4channers can't even lurk properly. Sage because shit 4chan style console war thread.

What could I possibly be shilling?

1 has the most interesting story, lame narrative execution. 3 plays the best, weird fucking bosses though.

The memes were goat.

You should just give up on gaming completely.

But it costs money? It costs 20 fucking dollars. That is a not a demo no matter how you try to bend it. And I finished the damn thing in 78 minutes even while tabbing out a lot to make fun of the game to a friend.

The MGS2 demo wasn't free either.

Then it wasn't a demo either.

the advertisements for this game got me so fucking hyped.
Especially this one.

You know what…despite its flaws I still enjoyed the game.
Was it the story I felt was being promised? That I wanted? Not really…
But that's the way these things go. Kojima seems to have a knack for not giving people what they want out of a sequel to anything.
Think about it.
MGS1 to MGS2 fan reaction was HEY THIS ISN'T SNAKE WHAT THE FUCK!?
MGS3 to MGS4 WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS OLD SNAKE SHIT!?
Peace Walker to MGS5 WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS VENOM SNAKE SHIT!?

And his stories really end up answering questions nobody really ever asked too. The whole point of the MGS5 story? To explain why you fight Big Boss in Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2.

It gets a "pass" because not everyone who played it did so on a fucking PC nor do they care about your piss poor "optimization"
The fucking world doesn't stop for you and your half assed ports.

PC gaymin is a fucking echo chamber. They shut out the rest of the gaming world and huff their own farts all day. It's really fucking sad to see, and all they keep getting are piss poor ports. Yeah, that's really where it's at. Sometimes you get exclusives that make people drool, but it doesn't happen enough to justify the cost of a top of the line le rig.
And people who play games on consoles are the cancer killing vidya? Dude, get off your own supply of farts for the love of grief.

I'm looking forward to seeing death stranding crash and burn.

Can't you just use cheat engine for that? It's not exactly worth the grind.