Monster Hunter General /mhg/

MH PSP DOWNLOADS

Freedom Unite: mega.nz/#!87AwmQDD!NlXnMcsIhAliHovCHVvySkY1yo5Zlw3cj4ffUGm9I2w
Portable 2nd G: mega.nz/#!FvomDA7Y!7rYPTlPjbRU_UkX2qVbPEii2zxSID_dAWYdO01XhmsI
Portable 3rd HD for PPSSPP (English Patched): mega.nz/#!3kxWTZpQ!FPNkkIlFY6kmX_XEdw_AzNnpdaj1wqbmw4ALHZo_c4M

MH 3DS DOWNLOADS

4 Ultimate: mega.nz/#!UFdgDTzS!ws52fBS8Xx-5Rf5oeNtYIQ_9Es4oBEXEg7GQ6as5THo
If you scan the last pic in the OP with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

PPSSPP ONLINE PLAY
docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeZ83cX7HCiyNvRYGvlzYmOMVEXDxRMkQp5HM5YlG4/pub
forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5476

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

World:

Monster Hunter World in Summary: pastebin.com/fLS9S8RE
Tempered Monsters: pastebin.com/9PXrMq9d
An user's Review of World: pastebin.com/2L9aDjPd

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/
nichegamer.com/2018/03/05/monster-hunter-world-becomes-best-selling-capcom-title/
archive.fo/0iNpn
mhp3rd.net/weapon/w4.html
stream.me/s/3/zAxEDmUQhJ/X1nGaO
youtube.com/watch?v=WxAxIy1DzXE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i swear to god from the catalog i thought your image was a kangaroo lying down getting fucked by some tiny purple dinosaur

This.

threadly reminder

World is the best base game in the entire series. If you disagree check my dubs.

Well that was a frustrating realization. I was wondering why i fucked it up a lot

I saw that in the thumbnail

Proof that god isn't real.

MH3U was the best game. MH4U was the last good game they made. MHXX was straight trash. MHW isn't even the same franchise.

t.sour grapes poorfag

Is MHW the series' bestest game ever or what?

It will be after G rank

Monhun is my favorite monhun. I can't wait all the good posts in this thread to appear again.
p3rd is the best mh

Kind of the same

Fuck, now I can't unsee it either. Khezu is always lewdest monster.

Currently, I'd say it's the absolute worst in the franchise which sadly still puts it above 90% of action games out there

I don't know what I'm disgusted with the most: the crush fetish, the monster fetish, the foot fetish, the vore fetish or that tracing.

Fuck, is there any reason to not use one when you're just gathering?

Zinogre still kicking my ass, now I got him to escape three times, get enraged, broke his helmet and/or electricity three times, made him fall into two traps and get EIGHT full-power greatsword hits on hs head, and all he has done is start foaming at the mouth, which he corrected by running away and chewing down ONCE on a big bird.

Do you guys sometimes give up on the kill for some time and instead go for a capture? I've never captured anything yet, but if I understood the monster needs to be breathing heavily/limping, be stuck ina trap and then be hit by at least two tranq bombs. Anything else to it, or would you suggest just keep trying on beating him fair and square?

Caps are a flat hp threshold, which occur most times when a monster is in limp range. I suggest just killing him though if you're able to sever his tail.

it depends on what you want on, some parts can only be gotten via capture but carving gives you more parts but destroying all parts and capture is alright tbh

Capturing is a good method to complete quest. Some rewards are easier to obtain by capturing too.
You can capture monster when it is ready to sleep: it limps when it runs away.
Some monsters are harder to see when they are captureable because of their area changing behavior, like Tigrex. Tigrex likes to just instantly jump up so you don't necessarily see it ever limp. But monster's behavior changes too a bit when they are weak. Like tigrex gets into rage mode way easier, sometimes even after few hits. I think zinogre gets that instant super saiyan mode every now and then when it is weak enough and needs to get out of exhaust.

Vast majority of my sword hits just bounce of his tail. I have a Golem Sword doing 165 damage at the moment.

Bouncing depends on sharpness and sometimes on attack type.

Fuck up his shins, hit and run, it's sometimes better to just let him charge up if don't have the damage output to disrupt him and then haul ass until you see an opening to strike. If you're having too much trouble beating him at all, do some Spring quests and invest in some sturdier armor sets. I doubt your mishmash of bear, hippo, pumpkin, lizard indian orgy is giving you any noticeable bonuses.
Keep your weapon sharp and your wits sharper, hunter.

For this guy killing I think is more likely to get you his rare drop, but if you're worried about time or the like, go ahead and cap him. Foaming at the mouth that's cured by eating though isn't cappable, it just means his Stamina's down.

Do you guys mean drooling? I've never seen a monster foam up.

That's the word, yeah, just repeated foaming after he said it.

But user, these shits were announced before the release of the game.

Lewd thumbnails, not even once

At least my 4U save with my amazing +14 attack/+4 Arcana/3 Open slots charm is still safe

I think at that point no man would condemn you for using a save editor to get at least that charm back.

Do you need to hack your 3DS for that? because mine isn't. Never really bothered since outside of MH I would barely play it
I'm just gonna lock myself into the same charm table and hope for the best.

Does require CFW, but if you haven't gone online in a while you might be able to. Check out the guide at 3ds.guide/ just in case. Either way though, good luck.

Nobody will blame you for using a save editor.

Capturing is always an option unless you're going for specific drops.

Basically, when a monster is limping, victory is in your grasp. If you know where the monster sleeps and can track it and sit just outside of it's room, wait about 15-20 seconds and it'll get into the bed and fall asleep. When it's asleep, you can place a trap under it and pelt it with two tranq bombs and you'll usually catch it and end the hunt.

it's paramount, especially when you have carted twice and don't want to risk a pre-death rage episode resulting in you being killed a 3rd time. or if you have a suicidal tard on your team

For these reasons, I always keep one of each trap on hand plus 6 tranq bombs.

Okay, thanks. I've never seen a monster sleep before, I'v just chased it.

One question in relation to this: can the monster reqain any health at all during a hunt? Is sleeping the way it regains health? I don't want to know too much outside what I've learned, but this could be valuable info.

It regains health from sleeping yes.

Post cutes.

Depending on the monster and what generation they'll take more or less time to sleep. If you wait a bit until they're actually asleep you can get a nice lv 3 charge on their head or set up for some sleep bombs.

Mist dragon in World when

MH is less fun when you don't have any sets or weapons to aim for

I fucking did it. Rip in peaces zinogre

What the hell, Zinogre gives me end credits already?

You only beat the first leg of the game, there's much more to do after and no I don't know why they put the credits in the first half of the game.
If I remember right p3rd has 3 credit sequences.

That is the first boss storywise. Next is last village quest I think. Too bad gathering hall quests don't give any bonus cutscene for beating last urgent.

Okay so I can't be the only one mad about gun/bow users in world right
Were they always this bad? I didn't get to play as much of 4U as I'd have liked because hardware issues but I don't recall ranged hunters being so annoying to play with .

Why? I stopped playing online all the way back in unite I just got sick and idiots failing hunts, I don't know how to handle it.

They are why I stopped playing online as much.
All the range users do shit all for damage unless they are directly inside the monsters anus but none of the players online do this and do as you say, pull aggro from one ranged user to another leaving the blademasters running about like dipshits.

also more than once I've failed to cap something and have it fly off because after flash bombing and placing a trap to cap a monster I get shot to shit non stop while trying to tranq and somehow the 3 other players didn't get the hint.

Not everyone is top 1% skilled that can solo stuff like double Rajangs or Zinogres

140s*

Have to agree with this. I only clicked to finally see wtf it was.

I agree. My friend always gets quiet/mad when I bash it. Yeah it is better than the other cancer out there atm, but compared to past games, it fucks up a LOT.

Ranged is actually really strong, always been. Except this is the first time bow is actually strong with the retarded crit draw build. But dealing with ranged allies is just annoying if they keep shooting you.

I didn't say ranged was bad, but all of them are absolutely terrible if you spam from a distance and don't stick close to the monster, which is what most of the ranged users I've played with have done.

Seriously? How? How the fuck do you manage that when you don't have paper armor anymore and you have 100% mobility?
The only time I ever run into bad bowgunners in the previous games was with low rank shitters using pellets shots, but once you got to High/G rank you were only left with good bowgunners that actually did a shit ton of dps because no casuals wanted to put up with all the risks that came the weapons

Congrats, user. I hope your dick was as hard as mine when I beat my first Zinogre after 3 failed quests.

Never again.

4Us harder

I actually don't think that Lv 140 Apex Zinogre is harder than Descent into Hades Stygian Zinogre.

Completing that quest in 4u where you have to fight this and the Brute Tigrex in the arena at the same time solo was pure catharsis

So, MHW is objectively the best MH game so far?

Yep

You spelled MH4U wrong there.

MH4U didn't sell eight million units in it's first month.

I don't remember lvl 140 styggy dealing ~50% of your hp with balls etc like super styggy event.

So what you're saying is Monster Hunter is just a shitty Skyrim, which sold 7mil in the first week?

I will never get this argument, I know you're just being le epic troll or whatever retards do, but I've seen people seriously try to say that because something sells well it's good.
That's like saying transformers are good because they gross well. Or that minions was the best film ever

I don't understand why you guys are so assmad.
You should be happy that you're niche game is finally getting recognition and is being played by boatloads of people.

Who's mad? I'm just taking the logic further.
Well I'm mad about gunners but that has nothing to do with this.

Ignore the obvious sliders and enjoy the games you have.
Game isn't finished, so it's too early to tell.
Game units sold does not dictate the objective quality of that game, especially when compared to other entries in the series.
Units sold =/= units shipped.
Quality of life improvements and new additions are always welcome, but not at the cost of what people are accustomed to have by default.

Didn't you know? Wii Sports is the 4th greatest game of all time, deal with it nerd.

Tetris, however, is the greatest game of all time.

WHY DO ALL THE WEAPONS IN WORLD LOOK LIKE SHIT?
It's basically [Base Model]+[Creature specific detail added] until the final upgrade. And that's not even always the case. The first Pukei insect glaive, and the last one in the upgrade tree look exactly the same.

Do they make unique sounds at least?

because capcom is lazy as fuck and all the design in the game demonstrates that?

Not that I'm aware of. I mean some of the hunting horns change from bagpipes to drums but that's not much or at all unique.

You think it'd be less effort to just reuse designs from older games anyways. There's no way that Val Hazzek couldn't have gotten reskins of gigginox armor/weapons and most people wouldn't have batted an eye.

The weapon design is easily the worst part of world. I don't know what they were after, but it doesn't look that good. G-rank will probably fix it, but earlier games gave unique designs from the getgo.

There's absolutely no way to honestly believe G-rank will fix them being lazy as hell.
I'm convinced they cut out gunner armor so they wouldn't have to design more sets

I mean at least give me the same armored wedding dress my palico wears with the xenojiiva armor. I want to be the Saber rip-offBattle Waifu too!

Don't worry user, they re-skinned the lotus flower hammer from third gen. Almost all the hammers suck shit and as a hammerbro I'm disappointed beyond belief, they couldn't even re-use Uragaan or Barroth's hammers?

The diablos hammer is probably the worst hammer design ever.

wow are you entitled? expecting them to design more than 5 models for one weapon?

Is there going to be a "Prepare to die" edition for pc?

Get ready for

I don't think you can get ready for something that's already happening. Just look at the thread people are already going "haha g-rank will fix it guys!"

If you mean my post, no. I only talked about design and probability.

nichegamer.com/2018/03/05/monster-hunter-world-becomes-best-selling-capcom-title/
archive.fo/0iNpn

They were probably going after a more realistic look. Since you're upgrading already existing weapons with new parts, they made the models be already existing weapons with new parts.

Never underestimate the power of the right marketing at the right time.

They could have put more effort into making the weapons look more unique while still being based on the original design. Instead they just added a bunch of shit to random parts of the weapon and called it a day, like scales on an LS's hilt or scales behind a hammer's head.

Even if it wasn't at the cost of killing most of what made the series good like World has done, why on Earth would you want that? Massive influx of normalfags into anything is always bad, look at what it's done to vidya as a whole.

Are the Ore weapons worth making? They have no element to them or affinity bonus. True Yukumo variations of default deals more damage and has far more green sharpness with only downside being lack of slots.

She can't keep getting away with it.

This has been getting used since the game was revealed:
Yes, you must reserve all judgment until all content and versions of the game have been released, which is when a magical switch will flip that washes all the bullshit away and we can truly see World for the masterpiece it is and always has been.

This is just as bad as anyone being positive about it being called a shill.

Not really.

The difference between the final versions is as follows:

Zephyr (end of Windeater)

190 raw
15% Affinity
3 slots

Reitou Yukumo - Shinuchi (end of True Yukumo Blade)
210 raw
0 Affinity
1 slot

Both end with blue sharpness, with Zephyr having slightly more. You can see a visual here: mhp3rd.net/weapon/w4.html , just Ctrl-F ウインドイーター派生 , that's the Windeater tree, and the True Yukumo tree is the one directly under it. In short, I'd go with the True Yukumo unless you have a specific build to use the three slots for.

No kidding. It's just a load of bullshit, and it drives me crazy how they seem to think that PC release or G Rank will somehow magically make the entire portion of the game that's already out good.

Except that doesn't happen to people who actually have meaningful positive things to say about it, only to people who spew shit like "objectively best MonHun ever"

It is "finished". Having DLC being made doesn't mean the game isn't finished. It's a full price, fully released game, that's going to receive DLC; it is NOT an early access game or a beta test. Don't try using or encouraging this bullshit excuse.

You obviously didn't play the game. Ranged weapons still have paper armor.

I've been called a shill for far less.

Compared to Blademasters in the same game, they're a bit squishier. Compared to old Gunners though, they absolutely are significantly tougher.

I don't own world, I have never said anything positive about it, yet I have been called a shill.
The witch hunt is laughable. Holla Forums's boardculture just keeps getting worse.

It's a natural spring of rage, it doesn't get deeper or hotter, only more active.

From what I've seen, the reason usually given for that is basically "mods will fix it". People seem to expect MHW to suddenly get as much mod support as something like an Elder Scrolls game, despite there being no indication whatsoever that a dev kit or any modding support will exist, when TES is a series that has for over a decade had a modding community built up over multiple games (and two different series), extensive modding support built right into the engine, developers who heavily encourage modding, and official dev kits released for creating mods. Capcom has none of that, and there's no indication any of that will change by the time World gets a PC release. TES can get complete overhaul mods, mods that add entire games worth of content, mods that completely rebalance the game, mods that fix massive amounts of bugs - unless a game has official modding support and dev kits released, almost all of that is exponentially more difficult, if not almost impossible. It's also quite likely that World will have Denuvo because Capcom's used it on most of its recent releases, and that would kill a lot of potential for modding support on non-cracked copies.

Before I posted this, there were exactly three instances of the word "shill" in this thread. All three were people complaining about being called shills. It was awful before, but it seems like the shill accusations and the retarded nipanon meme have both been dying down in the past week or so, which is good. I've been called both a shill and nipanon within a single thread, a few months ago. That was fun.

Pretty much yeah - I don't think "the players will do the devs' job of making the game good" is ever a good mindset to have, but even putting that aside, like you said it just isn't going to happen.

It's been about a month since launch, so that makes sense all things considered.

Makoto BTFO
Anti World Shills BTFO
My expectations BTFO

My intuitions about these things is always right. I knew this game was going to sell well, I knew that the contrarianfags were wrong, I knew that normalfags would like the game, but not THIS much.
Its not even the best MH for fucks sake

I knew it was going to sell well but didn't think they could legit steal destiny 2's playerbase and somehow be massive on youtube, I mean it is all pure cancer and full of useless misinfo but it's raking in hits like I can't even believe.
I still think it's a good game despite all it's really obvious flaws and a lot of the issues I have are tiny little fixes that would take a small patch. (return to gathering hub, allow you to forge any deco for insane cost, allow you to spend points on investigations to get rid of following elders around etc)

It feels to be about as finished as MGSV to me, but reverse. Despite how ambitious the game is, it does not have all of the basic things a MH game should obviously have. Despite that its still pretty fun, but looking at these threads its seems that it isnt so for the god tier hyper autistic players.

Last thread I told people to stop arguing about stupid shit again because its pointless and to just play the games they enjoy, then some fag comes and tells me that i'm "Trying to defend my $120 dollar purchase"
I wasnt even defending world or shitting on any of the games, I was just pointing out the obvious.

sage for doublepost

Acting like world isn't anything but a refined 4 is utterly retarded though. Capcom is never going to go back to the old way of doing thing because this game is so much better than the old way. You send far less time doing tedious bullshit and more time actually hunting monsters. I went back to playing 4U and was actually shook by how monotonous and tedious it felt to gather materials for potions. The big question is why did they ever make gathering shit so fucking tedious in these games. It adds absolutely nothing to the game except a bigger time played number next to your save. Same goes for farming gunner and blade master sets. World is far more interested in getting to the point and that is the reason it is the best base game in the series.

It could be a launchpad to greater things or it can potentially duck the series up forever. Acting like it broke monster hunter is retarded. It made some stupid decisions for sure. Everything they added to the camp is cancer, being able to play multiplayer without using the gathering hall is cancer, but everything they ruined they could fix in the next generation, or completely make it more cancerous.

World as a jumping off point is a 9/10 effort for the series going forward. It focuses far more on hunting monsters and less on the tedious busywork bullshit. If you liked sitting in one place and mashing A for 30 seconds before moving on and doing the same thing stretched on over potentially thousands of hours and condemn World for fixing that I commend your autism but that entire design was subscription MMO tier padding in a single purchase game, and I will not miss it at all.

Truly there is no god.

Because appealing to casuals inevitably ruins games. Don't try and act like this will get better suddenly after so much shit was added in. That there's microtransactions at all would be bad enough on its own.

If Capcom could have added cosmetic DLC to the eShop you bet your sweet ass there would have been microtransactions in monster hunter a lot sooner.

Capcom are nipponese Jews, in other news, the sky is blue.

I dunno, the souldbourne circle seems to be making quality highlights reels of heavy bowgun abuse.
Plus vinesauce highlight, guy popped into hub to everything dancing with wiggler helmets on. "I knew this would happen, god damnit". Good moment. There is a little quality to be had in the sea of letsplayer shit reels.

If anything I spent far more time walking

They could have done a lot of things, but the point is they didn't. Microtransactions, a strong appeal to casuals and people that don't want to play monster hunter, and the removal of basically any risk aside from terminal stupidity is going to take what's left of this series and shit all over it. That they're STILL comparing it to Dark Souls because it's doesn't hold your hand shows that the normalfags flooding in think world is any measure of difficult. So capcom, wanting more money, will keep stripping features. We've seen it before in popular titles, and we're seeing it again here.

They could have added cosmetic DLC to the eshop because the eshop supported DLC. Look at Fire Emblem. But they didn't for Monster Hunter until now, probably because they justify it with the good ol' excuse that it's to expensive to develop games.

Capcom charged the nips to play a wii game for fuck sake why are you acting like microtransactions are somehow shocking.

At least, when you bought the game, you didn't keep paying for it.

Forging a new weapon for a single specific hunt doesn't feel right. Almost like a waste of resources.

You mean this post? Because that's hardly what I would call telling people to "stop arguing about stupid shit again because its pointless and to just play the games they enjoy" can't say I'm surprised to find out you're a Goon either

In the sense that it expands on a lot of the terrible shit of 4 like mounting and RNG, you're right.

Tragically you're right.

No, it's more profitable despite being far far worse.

Bullshit. Even putting aside the ridiculous padding of High Rank with the "find monster tracks to unlock the next quest" the monsters spend so much time running away from you in long unnecessary transition areas on overly bloated maps that keep you separated from the monster more than ever.

And what do you honestly think are the odds of it getting even half as good as the Monster Hunter games? Also you can say 'fuck' this isn't Reddit

But they could have, easily. Nintendo is incompetent as fuck, but they did at least figure out how to make it so companies could nickel and dime you with the eShop. Either way, it doesn't excuse World at all.

Fucking this so hard.

Hunt it some more then. Alternatively, you'll likely find at least one or two other monsters down the line worth using it for.

This only happens if you attack them in a corridor, which is all the time until you learn where they spawn and it becomes a non-issue, not defending it because it shouldn't be like that.

For whatever reason they really REALLY don't want monster to stay and fight you in some of the narrow areas between areas and it just leads to you starting an encounter that you know is going to end right after the monster roars and leaves.

I never had an issue with this because I went out and did hunt 10 small monster missions and picked up 1 or 2 tracks each time > return to camp > repeat, I appreciate what they were going for with it and I hope that if they ever introduce more monsters they do it via the same system with you going out to find say Devil Jho tracks until you level it up.

I'm feeling generous so I won't bully you for misspelling Jho's name but you are a fool if you think you're the one looking for him and not him looking for his next meal.

It also happens while fighting them in the actual fighting areas after you hit them enough. This is, of course, what happens in the Monster Hunter games as well, but not only did it happen less often than in World, thanks to the loading screen transitions it barely mattered unless they were a flier who skipped several areas.

I don't, it's grindy as fuck, and I can't even imagine how they conceptualized this and thought 'this will make the game more fun.'

Now that Monster Hunter is dead, what relatively niche game series should I give my shekels to until it too gets hungry for normalfag bux and shits on its original fanbase?

Monster Hunter's mostly the opposite of grind, nearly every fight is a boss fight. The tracking crap in High Rank World is the grindiest the series has ever been.

don't lie right to my fucking face like this.

Grinding is doing the same unengaging and mindless activity over and over, like most RPGs' random battles that are just a matter of spamming basic attacks until it's over, then maybe healing afterward to build up experience. The only things that are really grinding in the Monster Hunter games are gathering runs, and after a while you just don't ever need to do them, with the farms/merchants multiplying your consumable items and the quest rewards providing ores and Armor Spheres and the like. Pretty much everything else is fighting the big monsters.

Yeah it's not about grind at all.
Now back to killing legiana for his plate.

You've gone through the entire game fighting every monster only once with starting gear?

Again, stop lying right to my face.

user, please, don't bullshit the bullshiters.

I'm fucking awful at the games, so no. I've no doubt it's possible, but I have yet to git that gud.

I didn't say anything about preferences, it's the fact that grinding refers to repetitive tasks that don't require any real engagement whatsoever.

I don't get it.

No, it doesn't. Grind is just doing the same thing over and over. Doesn't matter how engaging it is.

user You're either retarded or dont have any reading comprehension, this was my post and I literally responded to that user telling him to stop that.

A bunch of anons prefer the PSP games to 4u, that in of itself should tell you a lot.

How is that grindier than grinding for hours for a single gem? You've played the previous games right? Are you okay user?

Then pretty much every video game is a grind. The term loses all meaning at that point.

Then you might be the one lacking reading comprehension then, since the post replying to yours in the last thread wasn't accusing you of defending a purchase, but the guy you were replying to. Still, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Because you're actively fighting a monster, the entire point of the game, as opposed to running around mashing Circle mindlessly to finally be allowed to fight a monster.

I have, which is why World is such a disappointment - as a standalone game it's flawed but still better than most games, but as a Monster Hunter title it's a travesty.

I thought the flesh colored monster was a giant dick. The fact that its face is featureless except for a slit does not help.

Could you be any more retarded?

What games are you not doing the same thing over and over in? Honestly, the only thing that comes to mind off the top of my head would be games that change genre for segments, like the bike race in Chrono Trigger or the Punch-Out fight in Wonderful 101, but those tend to be rather short sequences and games generally play the same way overall all throughout.

TO HELL WITH YOUR CINEMATIC HOLLYWOOD-ESQUE CUTSCENES AND NORMALFAG PANDERING/NERFING

Yeah that sounds so much different than the CLASSIC monster hunter I know and love.

Mainline MH games never cease to be an absolute blast for me, in general they are all amazing games to me at least and World was somehow way more addicting than practically any other game for my ps4, I had over 150 hours of gameplay in a month, even with the fuckall amount of content in the game.

I'd admit they did screw some things up that they should have obviously should have had finished in the first place and it triggered my autism to an uncomfortable degree, but the game in of itself is still incredibly fun to play, especially when you limit yourself or make special builds. Playing like a casual shitter is out of the question though.

I will never fucking touch a hammer as long as I live.
HH for life though

I hope the success of MHW means Capcom will pull a well Capcom and re-release HD versions of the old games for newer formats.
I like Monster Hunter World a lot its a really great game my favourite so far this year but it doesn't feel like a Monster Hunter game.
It really is too easy and you don't get the same feeling of accomplishment when you down a big monster.
I think there is room in the world for both types of Monster Hunter.

ah yes hammer is so much worse in world, really should go back to the ol' 3 moves only

I am playing MHP3rd right now and I totally forgot that multi hunt monsters carve for mega potions, so why is that acceptable but being able to top up at the tent in world isn't?

I want to play an updated version of FU. Pretty much FU with 3u's graphics, polish and flat terrain gameplay. For the 3ds and switch
I've seen gameplay of FU and it did not look pleasant, I need to actually TRY it out more for myself to properly judge it though

because you have to kill for them? I can't tell if you're being retarded on purpose or not

not on purpose just playing devils advocate.

You really didn't think that through at all before posting. How is having to hunt a monster to get back 3-4 potions the same as having access to a box at any time that can have hundreds of them plus any other item you want?

Pretty much this, even XX as god awful as it was was still fun as long as you didn't just spam Style/Art bullshit

I wouldn't say "incredibly" but yeah, if this had been billed as Dragon's Dogma 2 or Elder Scrolls 6, or hell even as just a spinoff like X and Stories were, I'd probably have enjoyed the game. The problem is, as it's a mainline Monster Hunter game, I can't help but compare it to, well, Monster Hunter.

I'd personally love a Portable 3rd remake for Vita or 3DS that adds G Rank and Item Sets.

There is, but judging from the fact the devs have outright said that World is Monster Hunter 5, they clearly don't think so.

It takes some getting used to, especially if you're playing on the original hardware and have to learn to claw, but once you get it it's amazing. Emulating via PPSSPP or getting it on the Vita will allow you to use a second stick for camera, so that helps a bit.

Playing devil's advocate is, by definition, doing it on purpose.

The HD updates will eventually happen. I just hope they group a few games on one disc/download and don't try and sell them one at a time.

Ye I didn't really think it through. Please don't bully me.

Every thread with this blowhard faggot. Monster Hunter was never hard. Just because FU was your first game and you had no friends doesn't mean shit, pal.

holy shit who sns on world here?

I like it but the jump back and charge back in combo is so much better than anything else you can do that it gets very spammy.

Let's not forget that.

And THERE IT IS! Finally someone is willing to just come and say it. All the hate for world comes back to this simple fact. But for some stupid reason, faggots decided to watch 15 seconds of video and come up with half-assed complaints because they were too afraid to just say it: Casuals bring SJW's, SJW's bitch about things, devs cave to SJW's the game is ruined for the old fanbase and the SJW's don't buy the game because they're too busy moving on to their next target.

That pics not real, and there has been zero SJW pressure on MHW.

Fucking kill yourself my man, I'm serious.

1-800-comethefuckonnow

I promise you, now that it's popular, it's on their radar.

Yeah retard monster hunter was really obscure beforehand. It's only just now it's popped up on the radar inside Anitas UN-Headquaters.

so is nier cause of automata, your point being?

What?

When's the Asura's Wrath event crossover?

It's not "easy" or "hard" you mong. It's village and guild hall. Single and multiplayer. Jesus Christ.

Guild Hall doesn't require you to have other humans though, you can play it just fine solo. My point is that you're claiming Monster Hunter was never hard while then trying to act like it should only be played multiplayer when that's the easy mode.

You're fucking retarded.

Anyone got artwork of the MHW handler? Something about that autistic face rubs me the right way.

Everything about her bothers me
She's like Scrappy-Doo and the worst part is Capcom thinking adding the option to BUY the guildmarm outfit for her will make people like her more.
The worst monster in MHW is your handler.

(czech)
I bet you like the girl from ME:Andromeda too.

yes

How did I end up at this point in life?

Dammit it! This is the gateway to some sick shit.

Eh monster girls isn't that much of a step. I mean It's a logical step for the sake of smut, at least, for those that aren't furfags.

You mean to tell me you think that's a monster girl and isn't furry already?

That's the thing, I think these are entering furry territory (the scaly variant at least). Fortunately, it's just this artist's work that gets me a little hot and bothered. But again - gateway.

Well no, honestly. Monster girls have always come off more as "corrupted humans" than "Animals with human aspects". You can usually clearly see where the human parts are and aside from a few cosmetic changes, it's mostly still human.
Furries are the opposite side of things, where you take an animal and add more human aspects to it.
The perfect 50/50 ratio doesn't exist so it's always one or the other. To say nothing of the distinction between Monster Girls and Girl Monsters

It's complicated.

They arent even furry or scaly, they are monster girls, no more no less. If you think THAT is furry then you got another thing coming when you compare that to the real thing.
is right, but I pretty much think theyre anime girls with monster aspects, the artstyle of these particular images probably has a factor to do with them since you could probably say Lola from space jam is the same thing as this shit, but no, she isnt, shes basically a furry.

You niggers are deluded

Yeah but porn when?

Porn is serious business and it's usually when Holla Forums is at its most civil.

Where do you think you are user?
In this general, monster girls are love, monster girls are life.

Yeah.
Sorry for the derail. I'll join you folks in proper discussion once the inevitable expansion comes out. Got burned by Capcom one too many times and was done with them entirely until this one got me interested; seems like the closest I'll get to Dragon's Dogma 2.

How many cross posters from /monster/ do you think are here at this moment.

Not enough.

This isn't /monster/ this is /fur/.

What's the difference?

To be fair, both boards would probably tell it to get out.

If you can pick any monster as a pet or a hunting helper, which would you choose?

Rip red /mhg/ until jho update

Here's the superior version.

I can't speak for the others but I travel here from lurking /clang/ to talk about vidya.

Good to see men of culture in this thread.

Clang huh,good fucking taste,have you any on you?

why are monsters in a box the best thing ever?

Whoops, here's the og resolution.

The human proportions with human face and mostly human-like skin makes it far more monstergirl than furry. Although these would be a better example of monstegirl, the ones you link to are far from furry.

Roughly a gb of various robots, but I need to clean the shit out of it.

I'm very interested.

No snout, no problem.
Generally I rule it by how much of a costume on a real human would be skin. If the face and torso are exposed it's monster girl. Any more than that and you're getting into un-feminine shapes and thus are a massive faggot that is a danger to wildlife.
/clang/ excluded of course. That's a whole other bucket of xenophilia.

Generally these monstergirls here are unorthodox in having no human colored skin visible, but I'm sure a colorswap in
photoshop would clear things up. Reminds me of the standard frog girls, always offputting for some reason.

Ha, looks like Zinogre was just the warm-up, these new monsters are even faster and do massive leaps. But somehow after beating it, even the really fast and agile Narcacuga felt like child's play.

I wanted to ask, do you often use the different meats you can combine (sleep, paralysis, poison etc.)? I've never tried them before but figured it's about time to take a chance with them. My idea is to figure out what the monster eats for stamina and take poisoned meat to these places beforehand, is this the viable tactic, that monsters will go to their feeding ground but go for the meat instead of prey/fossils?

Dropping meat is nigh instantaneous, so you can drop any meat for any monster the moment you see them drool. People said the monster must not see you in order to eat, but I haven't figured it out completely myself. Poisoned is best for ranged hunter to help chip away the monsters' health, paralysis is basically the same as the shock trap best suited for DPS oriented builds/weapons, and sleep meet can be used to prepare a capture or hit it with a fuck off huge charge attack + Large Barrel Bombs.

And don't worry, you'll hit a roadblock soon enough.

I'd say those look like they're just wearing some pieces of armor.

Incidentally, something I'm curious about World - how many save slots are there? Can you have multiple characters?

I'm a chanthropologist who can only get off to PURE VANILLA, just pointing out the general divide as witnessed in a decade of culture observations. Just as many do not consider a hotdog a sandwich, purists as yourself do not consider anything outside a certain purview as correct. This is expected, but don't confuse me with a /monster/ advocate.

Three slots/characters. I'm currently playing on a friend's copy because I didn't want to buy it before trying it myself.

Because you can carry them along anywhere besides their actual size?

Meat only works when they are drooling and most of them doesn't try to eat it unless they don't see you placing it (No eye indicator), except Jho and Tigrex, which they just run to the meat even if they see you placing it.

Thanks.
in b4 they do a Konami and start selling additional slots

Yeah, it's definitely more Dragon's Dogma than Monster Hunter, so if that's what you're after it might be up your alley just make sure you pirate it because they should not be rewarded with cash for killing MonHun like this.

God I hope they don't put in a fresh batch of advertising money to push that, the general has finally started moving back towards civility.

I love both of those games to smithereens, thats probably why I had so much fun with world I guess, despite its fuck ups.

3 MORE DAYS UNTIL BEST PICKLE ARRIVES
I think

Worlds is nothing like DD in my opinion, and I went right from Worlds to replaying DD.

You know, since we already have a monster fight on top of another, bigger monster, albeit a very short one, it's technically now possible for the same to happen with Jho.

the Freedom Unite link in OP is a PAL iso. Can we get a new link with the NTSC version added?

Fucking being this buttblasted over the PC version being late.

How can you tell the difference? If it's the language select at the start, that's present in the NTSC-U version as well.

Has nothing to do with the PC version. The fact that World's sold that much is WHY Monster Hunter is dead, since they won't see any reason to make a Monster Hunter game again instead of a World game.

I guess it is an NTSC iso, my bad. The language select set me off.

why you so mad about world? can't play it yet?

FUCKING NIGGERSNARF WORST FUCKING FIGHT I'VE EVER SEEN
GODDAMN CUNT HEHEHE TEE FULLY ARMORED NEVER GOING ABOVE GROUND XDDDD GONNA DODGE THESE BARRELS YOU PLACED TEEHEE WOOPS DESTROYED YOUR TRAP HEHEHEHE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah, NA releases of MonHun generally have that language select option, usually it's only the JP ones that don't.

I'm depressed because I DID play it and it's without exaggeration the worst main series Monster Hunter title I've ever played. There's no engagement, no tension, it's just such a shallow experience. Too much of the core philosophy has been rewritten to the point it doesn't even feel like the same game. If this had been a new IP, or even treated as a spinoff like X or Stories instead of a main series title, it wouldn't be so bad, but as the direction for the series as a whole? Fuck that.

He's the worst at first, then after a few fights it just kind of "clicks" for lack of a better explanation. Still a pussy ass bitch who spends too much time underground.

Bring sonic bombs you fucking mong

I'VE FUCKING CHUCKED A SHOAHS WORTH OF SONIC BOMBS AT THE STUPID FAGGOT AND HE DOESN'T COME OUT OF THE GROUND

You can only use them during his sand laser bullshit and when he shoots out sand geysers when he's underground

Make sure he isn't enraged also

thank you user, i thought it would work like with diablos

I was gonna ask you to define what you meant by that but I think you made an entire short essay about that in the last thread.
I feel like when it comes to the combat, its just faster paced and more mobile in general, the weapon overhauls are pretty good too adding more depth and strategies than you could ever hope to have in the previous games. I think this is what the series needed after being kinda stagnant for so long and getting 2 extra buttons to work with, its not like they would have kept on making the same exact formula which would only appeal to a small amount of autists, we both know that. But if it did I think it would still be more successful than gravity rush. RIP
What you want is for the combat to be more slow and methodical right? Less like DD and more like plain old MH, especially when it comes to the mainline games?

4u room wont be going on this week
my setup went on the fritz and i haven't been able to fix it since im really not that tech savy so i gotta wait for help
sorry

Nibble is basically a JAWS® battle. When he's trying to reach you by eating rush, put a big barrell bomb on his way and fish it away Get near him after the explosion and an icon will appear, then start the button mashing. You can lure it to the bombs if you throw a sonic near them too.

Didn't knew you can use sonics while he's doing the laser thing. I ussually use that moment for reckless attacks since that attack is slow and leaves a big opening.

What are the hammers like in world? I main hammers

After 180 hours, all the end horns are crafted.
Now to graverob Vaal Hazak for six weeks to get a single god damn gem. I've given up on the notion of getting hammer hero shit.

from what ive seen and the little i've played, pretty fun.
the new slide jump attack looks pretty stellar
it doesn't change that world is a massive casualization, and if you don't like gen/x you wont like world

I really hope they don't somehow fuck up the pickle, dunno why but I'm worried

I'm really digging the slide attacks and air attacks that you can combo into shit with so far. Feels pretty good overall

Overall the designs suck ass I want my Gunhammer back

wrong it's actually because best monster looks cutiest in one tbh

Use regular investigations, gold reward tab has a 13% chance of gem. Drop optional quests like a rock unless you want to get rainbow pigment or the quest for doing all quests (white winds of the new world quest is fun that's it)

Nowhere near as good as they were, not even close to being the top choice of weapon if you care about that.

For some reason I am playing MHP3rd even though I put 400 hours into 3U what the fuck is wrong with me this is such a waste of time.

Never played any MH games but thinking about trying out MH World on my bloodborne machine. Not sure what I'm getting into though, from the gameplay I've seen it looks like an arpg with more focus on grinding and gearing. Am I a complete retard if I expect DS but with only bosses?

yes you are

So, as someone who was introduced to the series with World (I've tried one or two of the 3DS games but they never really "clicked") and wants to get into one of the older Monster Hunter games, which should I start with?
I was thinking of Freedom Unite or 3U, since I heard they were pretty good. I've put 150 hours into World at this point, and pretty tired of it for now since it's not that difficult anymore.

Kind of.
Basically only common themes they share are action and stamina management, but then again all weapons don't even require stamina management (Greatsword for example).
MH goes like this: kill monsters -> craft gear -> enjoy -> repeat. So it is basically only bosses. But there are gathering quests too, but they are rarely mandatory other than in the beginning.

The pace of the combat is part of it I guess? Though I'd say less the pace itself and more the fact that you can pretty much cancel out of anything, like using the shoulder tackle to cancel out of a GS charge, or simply don't have to commit in the first place, like being able to fire and reload Bowguns while moving. It also carries over to other parts of the game too though, like the crafting of both weapons and armor, and being able to swap out gear/items mid-quest ad nauseam, or no longer needing to learn weak points or drops or breaks since the game will outright tell you with the wiki and damage numbers. It's a lot of things that add up, and it's very clear when looked at as a whole that the design was very heavily changed to remove any need on the part of the player to learn or engage with the game. There's nothing to sink into anymore.

We've had those for 7 years now, when MonHun debuted on the 3DS it came with the accessory that gave the extra stick and the two extra buttons for the 3DS. World doesn't use them for anything good either, it just arbitrarily redoes the controls for some weapons like the Insect Glaive and Bowguns and from what I gather from friends, the new moving the firing of the Bowguns makes it control similarly to how shit like CoD plays, which should tell you everything you need to know about the audience they're aiming for

MonHun has been a top selling franchise for years, what are you talking about?

I'll try to put some up when I can, but between work and doing taxes I might not be able to either.

You're playing P3 because it's fun.

If it's your first, do not play World, it's nothing at all like Monster Hunter. Pick up Freedom Unite or Portable 3rd.

Both are great, I would start with Freedom Unite first personally.

You say that to hunting horn you son of a bitch. He has literally nothing now

Jesus fucking christ user you have so many shit opinions that I regret trying to talk to you.
Fucking christ no it doesent. You said that you've played it before but that should be terribly obvious to not be true, it controls more to carrying around turrets from the halo series except that its more mechanically deep which is what I love about the weapons in these games, even more so in world.
Yeah I should have said an actual controller with a decent camera for the first time in the series (for me at least).
user you fucking sociopath, it should be obvious what im trying to talk to you about. Holla Forums's hateboner for this game and its disdain for anything different from the 2nd gen era gameplay. Is obviously slow, janky, and sometimes even requires you to get off the game and go to the wiki to finish armorsets/weapons. I even heard normalfags compare the game to "learning another language". If you thought that kind of MH was going to last forever you are fucking delusional.
I hope you have fun with your "dead" franchise, now that its going to move on without you and the other people saying that its "dead".

I never played HH that much before but I tried it back in gen and I feel like as if the HH in world even has new moves too.
When you say "He? has literally nothing now I think you havent taken the time to relearn it properly.

I managed to solo a tempered nergigante rather easily with the Dodogama HH so if you say that its shit its probably your fault.

Okay now I know you're lying your ass off or you just admitted that worlds was a shit game. Horn has the lowest dps in the game bar none by a factor of 2

FU
3U
P3rd
4U
XX

Pick your poison.

I never said I played CoD, hence why I said it was based on what friends said there.

Again, we've had those for years, regardless of whether you played them or not.

I know the shills have tried to push this as a buzzword to describe the Monster Hunter games, but they never actually explained what they meant by it.

At no point in any Monster Hunter game are you required to do that.

Normalfags think anything that takes more than 10 seconds of paying attention to learn how to do is rocket science.

Perhaps, it's not like it's uncommon for series to get their identity stripped out to sell to the lowest common denominator. It just usually happens when they're not doing well financially, and Monster Hunter hasn't exactly been doing badly in sales.

I'll continue to enjoy the good games, same as I do with other dead franchises like Castlevania, Final Fantasy, and Megaman.

I've never understood the hate for X and XX here. It was never meant to be a main series game. It was an anniversary, anime-esque game meant to celebrate the series with a crazy twist. It was never going to make the core games turn into it. I have no problem with people preferring the standard gameplay and shitting on the deviant endgame but the sheer misunderstanding of what X is, is disturbing.

Wasted potential.

Mistaken identity:

There is no reason or evidence for this. I'd bet that we will get some of them in World.

If anything a normalfag would like it more than the other games for the fancy animations and special effects. I also doubt X would be the game that people would hear of first and not 4u or 3u. I'm not even sure what the point of this specific comment is. A retard is gonna be a retard either way. A nice strawman perhaps.

I hated copypaste hollow with a burning passion. I was so excited for MHXX to finally bring back some good maps from 3rd gen or something, but no. You know what we got?

COPYPASTE FUCKING HOLLOW AGAIN

White Winds of the New World down. Just need to grind to 100, maybe suss out the last missing food ingredients, find a fish and a bug, and that's it till Deviljho.

Now I see where the lack of content griping is from. Genuinely peeved that there isn't anything to build up on my rank and augments.

Might be missing the rare food things from resource point gathering points that was the case for me.

(checked)
I never bothered with finishing that
I never bothered to collect all of the rare pets either, I mainly got the ones to give you the acheivements. Vid related

(((Then pretty much every video game is a grind. The term loses all meaning at that point.)))

If you think every video game is like the grind that is Monster Hunter, then it's clear that's all you play, or you also play mobile phone games.

Games introduce a set of mechanics, introduce more mechanics and options later, or change up the level so you have to use that set of mechanics to bypass that new set of challenges.

In MonHun it could have been a boss game with loads of different weapons to play with, but after you beat them all it really only totals up to about 10 hours if we're talking 60 monsters, assuming you beat them all on the first try. So they added crafting mechanics and with it an MMO RNG grinder where you have to beat the same poor sods up multiple times in the same mission over and over to get better equipment to not get your ass handed to you in one hit, or to actually do damage and not have your sword bounce off of a soft belly or some shit.

I like Monster Hunter, but I recognize that it has huge flaws in this manner, which makes playing it consecutively a chore, and after a certain point it stops being fun. The MMO grind does NOT help matters. What WOULD help matters is making a better single player campaign centered around fighting the beasts with far less RNG, which was already done with Peace Walker ironically, which was essentially a fun retard mishmash of MonHun and Metal Gear.

That game had missions where you'd only have to complete them once in order to get at more stuff, more interesting weapons and upgrades, and better resources to build up your base. That was done marginally well, had different types of gameplay mission to mission, minigame missions, all sorts of stuff, and instead of monsters you'd fight tanks or giant AI weapons and then you'd unlock actual MonHun monsters as secret missions.

Even if you didn't like Peace Walker the game on paper is great in concept and all it needed was a different mainline team and some polish, with the same sort of creativity and fun they had while making it.
There were fucking throwback missions to Pooyan, fucking POOYAN. I had that shit on a PS1 game collection when I was 10

Point is the game needed an overhaul or another series needs to step in and be made because the same shit only got worse as it went on, and especially with World, despite all the quality of life shit they added, the game is still the same bullshit with a different coat of RNG paint.

Peace Walker still had a bunch of grinding, though, especially for AI parts.

While it did have grinding for AI Motherboards, that was for upgrading your Metal Gear Zeke post game for outer missions or so you could build it up to fight it yourself at whatever difficulty you wanted, you could fit it with different weapons to spice up the fight too.

But that was one fight, and the actual grind was for recruiting soldiers to add to your various teams after you unlocked later missions for more weapons and tools.

However, the farther you got diffculty wise, the better the soliders, so if you blazed through the missions with what you had and recruited along the way you'd easily break level barriers since even S and up rank soldiers were prevalent in later missions, and you only need about 20 per team. As you went along you also unlocked shit like the Fulton bazooka to smooth the process.

Plenty of people clear the strongest monsters with no skills and 20 defense. The issue with world is that the entire gam was built for idiots. Also grind is not an issue if the gameplay is good. All monhun games, including World, have this mentality. It may be the worst monster hunter but the action game is good. If only it wasn't casualized.

No, they don't. You don't see someone with a tier 1 fucking weapon beat a Fatalis with no prior knowledge.

You jumped in and you're the type who ACTUALLY plays gachashit, like that Granblue Fantasy garbage that keeps having a thread here. You're a gear in the skinnerbox, and once you finally get shaken out of it and stop playing out of habit because of some other pressing event in your life you'll never go back to it.

Realtalk though, World is trash as a monhun game. I mean the gathering hall might as well not exist for how redundant they made it.

It plays nothing like gachashit because you have to actually earn your shit. also
nigga kys

Less that, more that I think his argument is patently ridiculous.

This is the key difference here I think. I've logged thousands of hours in the series, but I've never had to hunt any individual monster so much to the point it stops being a challenge. Maybe I'm just a shitter who can't git gud, but for me the tension is always there with most monsters.

I dabbled with hammer a little bit in 3u and 4u i made maybe 2 max per game but i didn't much care for it. I have tried it in world and its fucking great, stun being shit aside i melt monsters hp and can keep them flinched for a good long time. I can go from flinch to stun to flinch to flinch and rarely to stun once more. It happens maybe once a hunt on most monsters and 2-3 times on flying wyverns. It also helps to have flashes because that is what enables the rape and some areas where a monster can get stuck in the ground if ya beat them hard enough can help too.

It's been a while since I've touched my 3ds so i forgot the rage i felt over that. Fuck the volcanic hollow.

I'm at the same point, finished that quest yesterday. I think I'm at around 150 hours and can maybe put in 100 more max. The only thing i wanna do in game is get the hr 100 quest and make a few great sets. After that I have nothing to do and I've felt that way for the past 30 hours. I feel i can still easily put in 1000 hours into both 3u and 4u and still have stuff left to do. Perhaps i can try learning all the weapons I've never touched.

when i first saw the main area, i genuinly though they were gonna do some mmo hub type thing like PSO/.hack

why does it have a general?

Am I missing something? I am trying to farm anjanoth fangs, but I am not getting any drops for them. I keep getting plates and nose bones. Are they supposed to be this rare?

God damn the New 3DS nub thing is god awful for MH3U's underwater combat, I can't believe I'm actually missing circle pad pro

Not sure if its my secondhand console, or my explosive horn, but my game has crashed twice now during tempered elder dragon fights. Starting to be peeved.

The mushroom quest is fucking nothing, it just has some tempered tracks of various ranks (no elder I don't think could be wrong)

Capcom have a livestream sometime this month where the spring update date will probably be announced.

I was under the impression that multiple monster hunts lowered health pools for each monster. I spent cca. 20 minutes killing just one Nargacuga with a lightning-based weapon so there is no way I'm beating the other two in time. As an added bonus, this guy dropped both Marrow and Razor. Sending the stuff out with a barrel cat doesn't work if you fail/abandon the quest, right?

They do.

then I guess my git gud quest is far from over
guess I'll hunt Zinogre in my Guyver suit for a while instead

You keep the items if you fail, but if you abandon the quest, you lose them.

well, maybe it'll help if you tell which console it is.

You can keep the carves you've gotten, so keep going forward. You never know, you might pull it off at the last second! And if not, if you take out one of the other two, that's their carves as well.

Gitting gud is an eternal struggle.

alright, thanks for the good news everyone! I know you read it that way

Oh yeah, abandoning a quest makes you lose everything you've gathered, because it's basically an undo button that still takes the quest fee (meaning you also get back any items you spent during the quest). Failing a quest, though, lets you keep whatever you gathered.

4u room is up maybe
14-5513-5251-9737
my internet setup is tenuous currently till i get some parts to fix things

Is it? I was going to play it soon
mynub is slightly broken too, really sensitive upwards but insensitive going down. I have to use the rz/lz for up and down

Yep, good stuff right here, I can now make a Hidden Breaker, strongest hammer I have access to in the game right now, but I'd rather wait and make some other weapon with his parts.
Me and Zinogre are becoming fast friends now that I have the right equipment.

Zinogre's a fun fight, I was getting 10m times fighting him with the barioth set and an ice LS in 4U's grank. There are no bullshit moves with him but if you're out of your zone when evading attacks he's a brutal punisher. I love it!

And the set is pretty good too, periodical affinity boost + 50% sharpness consumption are something pretty major and a must have if you're fighting wyverns weak to thunder.

World isn't even remotely as underwhelming as Tri step up your bait game, nigger.

Is Tri really that bad? Never played it myself, but fuck, if it's somehow even worse than World, I'm frightened.

Tri had like 18 monsters and a third of them were under water.

Yeah, the roster was fucking awful as the OP mentions, but I mean if it was just as underwhelmingly boring and mindlessly easy as World, then fucking hell.

It's similar to World because it has a small monster pool and no G-rank but Tri is far harder, you needed actual coordination to kill monsters and the quality of player was a lot higher, I remember people using Heroics on Tri's online and it was perfectly fine because you knew no one was going to cart. In world the average shit player can be completely carried via SoS, I've seen it happen with BR/chinks carting once then hiding in base/gathering because no one can even tell when other players are contributing and no one ever leaves quests if they actually do notice someone doing it, that shit would never fly in tri.

It added more skeletons than world did let that sink in.

This angers me more than anything else about this game

Never get a New 2DS XL. It's the latest model and by far the most atrocious pile of shit when it comes to ergonomics I've ever had the displeasure of holding. Imagine that not only are you stuck with the shitty nub, but now the triggers are also awkwardly placed, unpleasant to press, really flimsy feeling, and neither of the two grips on the market make it better. Not to mention the excessively cheap feeling plastic that reminds of me late-manufacture PS3 slims, the Macbook-tier glossy reflective top screen that you cannot escape from even in a dark room, or the pants-on-head fucking retarded placement of the speakers (covered up by your palms when holding the thing normally). Oh and this doesn't matter for MH but the stylus it comes with is literally 2 inches long it's a god damn joke.

O3DS XL with the CCP was the best we've ever had in the entire "dual screen" family. Nice meaty comfortable grip for people that don't have babby hands, nice triggers, a real fucking stick on the right instead of the mushy nub, IPS panel screens. It was great, and 3U still ran at 50 fps.

Do they manufacture new versions of older handhelds or are you SoL if you want to buy new instead of used?

I'm pretty sure they've even halted production of N3DS models now, or at least really scaled it back. You can still find some "new" old models floating around but it's a scalper's market. The only reason I don't still have my O3DS is because I gave it to the first real live human being I ever met who liked Monster Hunter so he could play the new games. Now, getting ANY 3DS with IPS panels is basically impossible. It's always been a lottery and Nintendo cheaped the fuck out real early on and started using TN more and more often. All new consoles are exclusively TN panel now.

I never expected the N2DS XL to be as bad as it is. All of the reviews gush about how it's the best thing ever but they're all god damn liars. It's astonishingly bad for playing Monster Hunter.

They're not manufactured anymore, but you can still find some non-used machines on Amazon.

Why the fuck do they seem to keep coming out with a new model every 6 months to replace the one and never-again-making-model of 6 months ago? Do they expect fans to buy each and every one? I haven't got a 3ds but if they don't even have the 3d gimmick on the second screen anymore I don't see the point, just gonna wait for an emulator.

The reason I want an original 3ds is because I've been using the DS for a long time and I want something very similar.

Nintendo does this with all their handhelds. I think the real reason is they "refine" them each time to use cheaper and cheaper components, slap a new color of paint on it, and make money hand over fist selling it all over again like it was "new". The audacity of those niggers, they even made the official name "New 3DS".

Eh, from what I've seen it's not that bad, they're selling for about the price they sold when they were first produced. No idea what it's like in the States or EU though.

The gimmick was entirely pointless and a waste of battery, I never used it. I don't regret buying the 3DS, as it had a great library, but the 3D gimmick was as stupid as the touch screen gimmick.

Did they? I remember two iterations of the GBA and the GBA SP was a lot more portable than the first iteration. And IIRC there was more or less just one style of NDS for its entire span, or at least, they never replaced the original design and said "You want the old design? Too bad, fuck you, buy new gigantic tablet with shitty button/stick ergonomics.

The only unused O3DS XL's I can find on Amazon range from $350-600.

DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi LL.

Jesus christ, at that cost even with import fees you might be better off buying from Japan then.

(checked)
Even though thats pretty autistic its nice to see that people care about the little details like that too.

I just want querepeco back, it of course wasnt in 4u and I dont think that guy was even in x/xx either.
It would be a crime not to include it in world especially now that they're bringing back deviljho.

It's strange that querepeco isn't in world because you do get turf wars between elder dragons if you suck to the point where the game feels sorry for you and spawns one in to do a turf war with the monster you are fighting and then fly off, the same system could have easily been used to have querepeco call for something and have it fuck off straight afterwards.

spawns a monster in to do a turf war*

user I fought dozens of elder dragons in world and I even have all of their armor sets, they only spawn together randomly and I've rarely ever seen it happen. It also only happens in the elder recess too i think.
And I want Qurepeco to act just like how it used to act, that guys wings were a pain in the ass but other than that it was fun to fight, it would work great in this game were interacting with the environment is a really important factor here.

But nah, it isnt healthy to ask for thinks that isnt likely to ever happen. Querepeco gets treated like Gobul when it doesnt even deserve it. Its too good for that.

I had actually forgotten that monster existed.
I really want them to bring lagiacrus outside of gimmicky water combat, i think there is even a subspecies in 3U that is mostly on ground and rarely goes into the water.
Also bring Gran Miralis back.

Nigga, learn some punctuation.
But I agree, even though I hate that thing.

Val hazaak fight can spawn an odogaron that comes and does a turf war and fucks off.

Sorry lad, what makes it worse is I actually read my posts through a few times and they always end up a sprawling mess.

world is nice

THE WIND IS PUSHING MEEEEEE

DD2 when?

Online feels so fucking lonely now. Nearly every multiplayer action is done through SOS, and everybody just disbands after a quest is done. Gone are the days of finding a decent group of randoms and just doing quests for fun, one after another.
Also, I can't seem to find any SOS for certain monsters. Is the playerbase really small, or is capcom just making online shitty? It feels like there are multiple small servers and you can only see the SOS of that small number of people.

do have to hit that little twirly thing specifically?
yes i brought a fire wep
4u room after i beat up this long tounged fucker that keeps stealing my antidotes and herbals

4U room is open for tounge lashings
64-9570-8873-1029

Yes, you have to specifically hit the tiny curled bit of his tail. The large paddle won't count towards breaking it.

Pretty much yeah. High sales figures =/= active players, especially for online when you're charging extra for it.

Also normalfags are flighty. MHW was barely even flavor of the month territory for them, I'm not surprised they dropped it so soon for something else.

I guess it counts as flavor of the month. It still pulls +7k watchers on twitch. At least I think looking at twitch is pretty good tell on what is currently popular.

Our squad hall is also pretty dead. Only me and and 2 or 3 others show up and even then its been getting rarer and rarer to see them.

Also even when we are in the hall together people are still responding to sos's or just not teaming up. We might as well not even be in the same hall.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it be the new Lords of Shadow at this point.

God i hate the japanese

I don't know why the MH devs thought it would be okay to fuck the gathering hall system up, it worked perfectly fine before that and now everythings out of whack.

I don't have my ps4 at the moment, If i did I would usually just get on to play some of the event quests and maybe hunt a bit with you guys.
I'm also waiting for the spring pack of monsters to come out too, so I'll see you then.

If the thread dies midstream, please be a dear and repost the link in the new thread in case I forget to do it myself

stream.me/s/3/zAxEDmUQhJ/X1nGaO

Attached: STREAM.png (810x565, 19.54K)

Is there room in the squad?

Of course but you need Rodesius to invite you though. Ask him next thread and he may appear.

Also speaking of streams
OWO what is this?
youtube.com/watch?v=WxAxIy1DzXE

Attached: DX5R6UjVAAYb11X.jpg (1200x675, 105.54K)

There is but i believe only the squad owner can invite to the squad. You can still join but you will have to put in the session ID every time.

I'm currently in it by myself right now ID is NxcknWMyT3s

That's for the spring update. I assume they will show off the pickle and any other additions.

I forgot to mention this earlier but fuck the new event "Triple Threat Throwdown" It's description says "you won't believe how many decorations you'll get if you can complete this quest"
Well your goddamn right. I don't believe it, apparently an average of 1-2 deco's is fucking astonishing.

Attached: ab967b95b7d7bf3e969d79ac1fb032a6b21bd585953af033ad8583bb4cb6f61b.jpg (1625x1245, 271.04K)

4U Room is open
lets hunt some pretty scary monsters
38-5301-5498-9562

Attached: __shagaru_magala_monster_hunter_and_monster_hunter_4_drawn_by_crow_aberdeen__994bed61074c88f332fa3e39774133ee.png (707x1000, 1.53M)

When was the last time you pet the poogie?

Attached: This pleases my cock.png (322x136, 31.14K)

Join one of the PS4 communities. It alleviates the deafness of it somewhat. You hop into a party and there are people chatting on mics and stuff. It's fun, but yes they should have not ducked with the gathering hall.

The online is as alive as it was around launch it seems. There is just a lot of people playing with their squads and in private sessions too.

HOW IN THE FUCK DO PEOPLE CART TO VAAL'S BREATH ATTACK, IT HAS A 16 YEAR WINDUP

He's the slowest motherfucker in the world. All you have to do is walk to the side to avoid 90% of his attacks yet somehow people can't seem to grasp anything but the Prometheus technique of dodging

Attached: Angerbutalsodespair.png (640x812, 259.92K)

I'll be honest when I first started in MHW I dodged into attacks expecting I-frames. I still do it once in awhile fuck you odogoron but I've learned that it doesn't work the same way.

The only time i cart to his laser is when i can't superman dive. I don't know what fucking changed but it only comes out half the time i do it now.

Is this your first MH becuase there are I-frames in a dodge just not the entire fucking thing unless you have evasion+3. Hell I've rolled through vaal's laser a few times when the dive failed.

Thing is, alot of attack hitboxes persist longer than the I-frames do, so you can't do like dark souls and roll into a boss to get away free.

The dark souls roll is also pretty damn lenient, standard MH roll I-frames are maybe 0.2-0.3 of a second. And really there are only a handful of moves that you can't roll thru, if you thought you could roll through it and didn't you just fucked it up 99% of the time.

there's also that I can't roll-interrupt an attack.

Welcome to Monster Hunter, Git gud!