Dragon's Dogma

So the 360 servers are shutting down. Did anyone play that version?

it was the better running version at the time

i dont think it got Dark Arisen though

it did get dark arisen, came on a separate disc, not dlc

PS3 servers still active? If so, for how much longer?

I bought it and it was immensely frustrating because I could tell it was a good game buried under shitty hardware. I pirated it when the port came out and bought it day one.

>giving money to (((micro$oft))) ever
You're part of the cancer that killed gaming, user.

Where did I imply I did? I don't even own a 360.

I bought the PS3 version of Dark Arisen because I was pretty positive it was never going to come to PC, was glad when it did though, the game was handicapped by it's hardware.

Probably wants to move the playerbase to the Xbone, backwards compatibility and all, failing that, buy Dark Arisen Remastered

I can't speak from personal experience here, but back in the day before the exodus I used to browse the general on /vg/ for the game. The impression I got from the generals was that the online community for the 360 version was pretty much DOA and the PS3 version was the way to go.

I still get performance issues with the PC version for absolutely no reason. It refuses to go above 50fps.

The two original console versions have the distinct advantage of having the Berserk sets and native dual-language support.

I didn't even know that there was a 360 version, I think I've only ever seen the PS3 one

The Berserk sets are overrated since they are low mid tier gear. Griffith's set looks somewhat cool but quickly gets outclassed by the game's later stock armors both stat wise and /fa/ wise, and Guts' set is just his Swordsman getup from the Golden Age arc which is shitty looking compared to his later sets in the manga. The Japanese dub does sound nice if you turn off pawn chatter so I'll give you that.

The game's 360 community on various forums was way more autistic than the PS3 and PC crowd combined, but most of them also moved on much quicker. I should know since I was there on GameFAGs the whole time

Played through dark arisen on the 360 a few years back, played pretty well, I dont remember any complaints besides the muddy textures.

One of the silver linings of Steam, as long as its being sold there, the multiplayer server is going to be supported.

I did, because I had a 360. I then got into the PS3 and bought the Dark Arisen version.

Played 360 version at my cousin's house. Pretty good. PC release slipped under my radar somehow. Only real complaints are Warrior's gimped skill restrictions and drowning in a sea of lolis. But I can't really blame the game for the latter.

Also, why are the two most fun classes the magick hybrids? Knight is the most fun you can have in the game while archer pretty much plays the game for you.

Is Dragon's Dogma good enough to buy on PS4? It has a solid discount right now.

No, get it on PC and use a pad.
Silky smooth 60 FPS and great optimization.

If its your only option, you might as well. But you're honestly better off getting a PC in the long run.

Fucking why?
It's uncucked on PC even without the need to pirate and runs and isn't locked at 30FPS or 1080p.

It does strike me as a little odd how there's suck a lack of use of the out there skin types, I mean, you have everything you need to make a little Goblin or a Drrzzt clone and so on yet I don't think I've seen any Pawns like that except for my own.

Okay, i get it. I won't play it then.

For all the possibilities the CC can pop out, you only ever see the same two patterns repeated.
I mean, occasionally you come across the odd cosplay pawn but that's about it. A real shame.

i'm guilty of lolis but there's Fiona cosplays

What for? The KB+M controls are great.

Yes, but for these types of games, pads give greater precision and less strain to your hands in everything you do, at least if you don't plan using archers.

Shame on you user.
is she cute?

for me

test

56%

that's code for 'she's fat'.

I played the 360 version, couple of friends got me a copy. Only birthday gift I ever received I think the online worked even if you didnt have (((xbox live gold)))

Post it and be judged.
Nothing wrong with a wee Pawn Pageant after all.

There's nothing to be guilty about =)

What the hell?

I hate Mystic Knight just because of that huge fucking shield constantly blocking the view of your chatacter and clipping through shit. I also refuse to play daggers+shield assassin solely because the left dagger clips through the shield.

Please be gentle

Is that Hilary?

You know your weapons/shield scale in size with your character, right? And besides, the standard MK shield is about as big as it gets. There's a good few shields that are pretty small even on the 10ft characters. The shady shop in Gran Soren has a pretty small one, but most of the weapons they sell are designed around specific gimmicks. As for clipping, you just have to live with it or take your cape off.

Cute!

What in Gods green earth is that.

a-any m-more? asking for a friend obviously.

Delete this.

I thought it was a single player game?

You can assemble a party of other characters to help you out referred to as "pawns". The ability to rate and share the pawns you make with other people that may even bring back items after use is its online component

Seems like a pretty insignificant part of the game.

I swear i hate that this shit can pass through, fucking nigger jews

The main point of the game is to have a squad of your player character, your custom pawn, and two other pawns. While solo runs are possible this game was built with you having varied amount of classes between you and your pawns. Now you have to make due with randomly generated ones. In addition, there was also the Ur-Dragon, which was a boss that all players fought simultaneously with a gigantic health bar, everyone worked to whittle down it's health and were ranked by their damage output. It dropped a shit ton of goods. There's still the offline version but it's not nearly as hard or rewarding as online.

I feel for you bro, you asked a simple question and Yatzhee spergs respond with
OH NO NO NO NO

Play games on whatever you want man, as long as you have fun

I didn't play it on Xbox, but I guess that does mean they lose an official record of their Ur-Dragon counter. That legitimately sucks to hear.

Nothing quite like your pawn handing over useless tat like a rotten egg after they've been off playing with Chadeus Thundercock the 420th.
Nice when they bring back something half useful though.

The offline version is probably the worst version of the Ur-Dragon. It was exciting to try and be the one to take the online one down and do the most to it to earn the get rewards.

Quest marker for search party says he's in the encampment (enterances are circled and the inside is circled if I'm in there and look at the world map), but he's not there. I've looked at Reynard's locations and he's not in any of them either. I've rested and it's still showing like that. What the hell?

i really should try and push myself to get up to level 200 some time.

I own that version and cleared the game three times back in the day. You could say that its shit or whatever compared to the PC port, but can an average PC from the same era as the 360 (2005) or even 3-4 after run the game half as well?

Try moving around a bit, he can sometimes be found in Gran Soren. Oh, and I doubt it's the case, but he didn't die during the first encounter with him on Seabreeze trail, did he?

Would be some trick to get that with him dead.

It wound up fixing itself. I decided to try Trial and Tribulation without him and the quest seems to have forced him to the Gran Soren square.

Probably. It was relatively late in the 360's life.

What a retarded question. You should feel ashamed.

this song and the berserk armor sets were the only thing good about that version.
both of which should have been in the pc port

For Dragon's Dogma or Dark Arisen? I bought it way back when it was on sale but never played it.

WOW

Just be careful getting to level 200, as once you reach it your pawn will basically cease to be summoned. There are so many cheated level 200 pawns that yours just gets lost in the abyss.

Just answer the fucking question, can a PC from 2005/6 run Dragon's Dogma half as well as the 360?

'no'

Attached: 7d363290b7bab1f76a28546589dc7930412e02702d908fc608edce80899fac1d.jpg (338x305, 22.58K)

Answer me faggots

Dark arisien is the expansion to dragons dogma user

Both can be restored with mods, at least.

This game actually has some nice mods, I'm surprised it even got this kind of attention.

this is a shop, this is the real picture

Attached: mint.jpg (2620x4656, 834.41K)

which side of cuckchan did you roll in from

Enjoy your rental.

Attached: (you).png (354x78, 6.99K)

Ask stupid questions, you get treated like the retard that you are. You hopping IPs isn't going to save you, faggot.

Hello sonygger

ah, the cry of the faggot who can't argue like a man. What is it with you cuckchanners that makes you think when more than one person is shitting on you, you assume its the same person as before?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1280x720, 730.71K)

I never really paid much attention to this game.
What kind of a game is it and is it at least worth pirating?
Also, most importantly, can I play with /fashion/ in it or is equipment too important stat-wise?

Attached: d14b8ea39f77d40e0830747a6903594c5b35c5c8f72e37934ab52cac2ac1b07b.png (250x314, 73.63K)

It's a fairly standard party based action rpg where you can class hop pretty easily with unique mechanics like climbing enemies
I'd say it's easily worth pirating and yes you can play fashion in it

Equipment is very important statwise and there's exactly one set of armor (depending on your class) worth wearing in the very end, but most of the game is easy enough that the stats don't matter much and you can go fashion.

Thanks for the info, I'll deffo give it a shot one day.

Attached: 1504658151513.png (425x421, 74.96K)

Until you get to BBI armor is completely and utterly meaningless statwise, your base stats will make the most difference.

In BBI, especially in your second and third passes through, you'll want the endgame armor and weapons. its a shame DDO has such good fashion options in comparison

I admire your numbers but why would he play a version that is gimped compared to pc and that even a brain dead can run without paying thanks to the gog release?

nigger just listen list your specs, holy shit.

Is this something you can still do (at any time or only when you get to him in the story)?

Which, despite the tutorial's best attempts can be entirely overlooked for the better part of a playthrough to the player's great demerit.
It really pays to play around with everything the game has to offer except eating rotten eggs.

nah

you can easily /fashion/, even in the endgame, base stats are more important.
The end-game weapon/armor are obviously the best, but when you unlock the additional upgrades in BBI the regular armor/weps aren't that far behind

Yes, the 360 sold pretty well and DD was released first on xbox360.

Never played online though because I'm an antisocial faggot.

Attached: Seline.jpg (731x1169, 96.42K)

Buy it you rat its great

First few times I finished this game was vanilla on the 360, before DA. I never went online either but only because I pirated it.

Attached: 757329513296311973721126.jpg (1280x720, 54.06K)

A PC gamer who actually buys games, on an imageboard no less. That is a rare event.

I guess it is not our fault that there is no sequel.

WHY IS THERE NO DD2

Attached: Aelinore.jpg (400x600, 50.87K)

Because not everyone is PC gamer? Personally only interested in (single player) weebshit.

Good.

Attached: dragons_dogma_quest_conceptart_BFgPh.jpg (665x950, 147.97K)

we might see a DD2, MHW was a success so capcom might be revisiting open world games.
DDW

You can repeatedly fight the Ur-Dragon after you first encounter it. If you start New Game+, a warpstone to the Ur-Dragon fight gets placed in the starting town.

Because Dragon's Dogma Online I'd don't great.

My she-goat's wonderful boob plate.

Hi, Holla Forums. Strange to see you shitting up a board outside of /a/.

Attached: larrydavidsteinberg.png (506x572, 351.88K)

I wouldn't get your hopes up about that, user.

capcom made DD into a shitty MMO that is japan only despite having great western sales, those retarded nips will never make a DD2

This game's community was ruined by the PC release just like Dark Souls. When will devs learn?

But they already did?

Attached: Monster_Hunter_World_cover_art.jpg (315x315, 54.21K)

I call bullshit, you can't mod in the Berserk armor I've tried

you shills are so easy to spot it's embarrassing

how the hell did you connect those two dots?

I want to marry Grigori

Not even once.

Attached: Abandon_cab.mp4 (384x288, 309.84K)

Yeah but what if you read a whole bunch of Greg Egan and stuff and decide to transcend that model of reality thus negating any impacts that may otherwise be had upon it owo

Are you on windows 10? I think it has problems with the game.

THE WIND IS PUSHING ME

Attached: 9614798.png (413x694, 721.9K)

it still hurts

Well he already did a good job of capturing your heart.

Attached: 29hux2j5.png (180x344, 32.26K)

Believe it or not, there's a lot more pawn variety on PS4.

That was a good one

He's actually right once the total biscuit community got onto it it was ruined.

What happened

You need more of an explanation?

So just plain cancer then?

Attached: ccb24755a4501cba4150a42b51d0062dbce16f5e7ba97a8bab35fd3c41c97c57.png (308x302, 125.98K)