Too Much Kirby

For the last four years or so, Nintendo has been releasing way more Kirby titles than usual and almost as many games as it had released during its first decade.
Most of these titles seem like extremely low effort cashgrabs.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Famicom_Bunko:_Hajimari_no_Mori
nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_Power_(cartridge)
twitter.com/reserved_kirby/status/969401804558495744
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cause they are?

Robobot is a 1:1 clone of Triple Deluxe. Discuss.

They are both just Return to Dreamland, more or less.

I don't mind more of the same

Musou fan I assume? Or perhaps Monhun?…

I don't mind them, I'm actually glad Kirby's finally been getting some love after being neglected this long. I'd really love for us to get some more Dreamland games again, but feels like Kirby's fallen to the Sonic curse.

The new games range from "okay" to "pretty good", but I haven't played an outstanding Kirby game since Super Star.

Either way

Seriously, is KSS the only good game?

Kirby is a homosexual bellwether. Expect to see more of him and gay cartoons about anal sex in the future.

The series just kept getting easier and slower after that, not to say that KSS was particularly hard to begin with but certain modes posed some challenge and everything overall felt pretty fresh. Kirby 64 is probably the worst offender as far as slow Kirby goes

If you've been living under a rock.

I want to know why the fucking Kirby game on Switch runs at 30fps. That's the real fucking travesty here.

How can you fail to optimize a 2d platformer?

Don't ask me, but if Odyssey can run at 60 as an open world 3D platformer, a 2D platformer running at 30 is simply unacceptable.

How can you fuck up that bad? It's presumably the same engine they've been using on the goddamn 3ds.

You gotta admit, nintendo doesn't parade kirby around like their other franchises. He get's a lot of appearances and games, but he's just kinda there for the most part. There are certainly more neglected ones though, like f-zero or star fox.

You want to talk about neglected Nintendo franchises? Just take a look at Wave Race and Pilotwings.

IIRC the lighting is a big reason, someone made a few detailed posts on Twitter talking about how in-depth the new system is

Odyssey and the Switch were built in tandem and influenced the design of each other, with SMO being built around the specs and the Switch's controller being built around Mario's control scheme. For all we know Star Allies was meant to be a Wii U game

We can go obscurer

Aren't all kirby games basically the same game?
The biggest change that happened since the GBA is a jump from 2D to 3D

Nazo no Murasame Jo master race

Custom Robo

Eternal Darkness

You want obscure Nintendo titles? Famicom Bunko is so obscure that I can't even find the cover art and it was made by Nintendo.
I haven't played it but it seems to be similar to Boku no Natsuyasumi.

Kirby Clash, Blowout Blast, Fighters Deluxe and Drum Dash were all just minigames in the respective mainline game that got expanded into their own game, they're not really individual kirby games.

maybe it's suppose to be an ebin meme reference to how kirby 64 was also 30fps xdddd

Doshin is basically Baal the game except he's a banana nigger.

Of course not, it was basically throwaway software for the N64DD, Nintendo doesn't make fun toys anymore, they make gimmicks.

I like Kirby, not those cheap games that should just be mobile shit

but actual Kirby games have all been really good for the 3DS

You can't find boxart of Famicom Bunko because it never existed.
The game was released for the Nintendo Power flashcart, an official product that could download SFC and GB roms from a kiosk. This was the game's only official release format until a VC release

some light reading:
nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Famicom_Bunko:_Hajimari_no_Mori
nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_Power_(cartridge)

Fascinating, makes you wonder about just how expensive a Power cartridge with loaded roms is nowadays.

I think Robobot was the peak of all these "new" Kirby games, Star Allies will probably be only okay.

Why did Iwata have to go.

The latter

maybe if they hire enough sega staff they'll make good games again.

Did Iwata even greenlit a single Custom Robo game? That was all probably Yamauchi Mark.

Since it's very relevant I'll share a story.
>be planning to visit Japan with gf
The good news is Nintendo is planning on creating Nintendoland in 2020 and they might just remake the Kirby cafes in it.

I think that's how most of those cafes operate, they're only up for a few months.

No.
There were only three of them ever made.
On a related note, what other videogame related places are there?

Kinda similar, but when I was younger I really wanted to visit the Pokemon amusement park until I learned it only existed for a couple months or years. I don't think it's been around since 2005 or 2006.
I still want to visit Japan at some point. I'm not expecting it to be like some shitty SoL anime.

You'd be surprised. A lot of anime capture the architecture there extremely well.

It says a lot when you can't make a game even when you have the asset ant game logic to make it.

I doubt that Nintendo has the know how to make a proper F-Zero game since Sega and Namco helped them make the last good installment in the F-Zero franchise. Hell, I don't even think nu-Sega has the knowhow to make a good racing game anymore.

That's the Kirby franchise in a nutshell for ya. Always low effort games. Never anything that could be considered one of the best games ever made.

Bold titles are games, the rest are 5 dollah minigames. 1 game every 2 year doesn't sound too bad.
I'll call you a nigger since you seem to imply those are full pledge Kirby titles by the images you posted.
TD and robobot are still pretty underwhelming though.

Yeah I wanted to eat those big boi Dedede dishes. I'm a fat motherfucker and would have loved to gruffle that rib and chicken plate.

Seem like?
They fucking are

that's kiketendo for you - organizing low effort cash grabs to fleece the gaijin goy

kys

Most game since super star was a retread or remake of an older game, but not as good.

Every Kirby game after amazing mirror was shit.

x is the last good kirby game tbh.

Yes, I disagreed with your 70 iq shitstain of an opinion.

Triple Deluxe, Robobot, and Star Allies are fine. The clay one was good. Shit like Battle Royale, Blowout Blast, and Clash should be a bonus mode included with the aforementioned games, not their own game. But Nintendo is going full-jew and releasing every half-assed idea as its own game.

The demo is very choppy compared to that game thoguh, as if the game can't keep it consistently at 30fps, especially if you have 4 players.

It's late 3ds support, what did you expect? they're not going to put their best into a dying platform.

It's not a failure of optimization you dumb nigger, they choose to favor extra graphical oomph at the expense of framerate.

There is nothing "oomph" about a sub 30 FPS framerate in a fixed plane. Mario Odyssey looks and runs better.

I dare say that a lot of people who play these kirby games look a lot like kirby. Nintendo is making boys and girls soft and not prepared for the challenges of the real world.

Woooo! Next incarnation of pink blob of shit with a derpface when? Next month you say? Kirby died in 20–.

Yes, 30fps sucks shit, but the game looks really fucking nice and pushes a shitload of effects at 1080p, oddysey was 900p and only had to process 1 player.

twitter.com/reserved_kirby/status/969401804558495744

Who the fuck is this retard? Has he played any game in the past decade?

Its (supposedly)1080p with no antialiasing whatsoever. It looks worse than Odyssey. You can see the jagged edges even at such a low resolution in pic related.

Your average pretentious Nintendo faggot dweeb that spouts bullshit and laces his words with verbosity and filler to make it seem like he knows that he's taking about, when in reality he's pulling shit out of his ass faster than a magician in prime time.

So why does Nintendo have to beat every franchise they have into the fucking mantle of the earth? New blood? Fresh ideas…innovation? I know they have the shittiest strategy for selling new games and hardware, but come the fuck on.

Oddysey and no antialiasing either. Rendering also becomes more taxing when you have 4 (cpu controlled)characters pushing their own effects and light reflections. It seems like a rather effect heavy game which is why only runs at 30fps. I doubt nintendo programmers forgot how to code for the first time ever for this title.

Those effects were taxing back in the days of Saturn. There isn't a single reflection in the game, not even the water reflects anything.

One example of real time environment reflection. Now multiply for every character, all with their flashy attacks, and that's only on a single character model.
Ah, so you're retarded then. nm.

It looks nicer at portable mode, but that only runs, at best, in 720p.

Thats not a reflection. Its very basic environmental mapping that even the saturn could do on the software and the PS1 had hardware support for.
The best part about this is tech illiterate retards regurgitating stupid shit to hype themselves up. Next thing you know some guy on twitter will claim the game uses "advanced polygonal rendering techniques" and you fucks eating it up hook, line and sinker.

No, you are retarded and clearly no fucking clue what you're talking about, that much is evident. So spare us with the techsplaining, brainlet.
The model is clearly reflecting it's surroundings in real time, this is most easily observable in the hat reflecting the light source in the foreground and the heart being thrown by the helper being reflected as it travels, not even a retard like you could miss it.

Again more retardation from your tech illiterate brain. Look up what environment mapping is you fucking tumblr reject.
The difference between a real reflection and a faked one is the difference between the servbot heads in Dead Rising 1 and 4. Theres a reason why that metal surface only "reflects" light.

No dipshit. You're wrong about everything and yet keep acting like like an authority on these things. The difference between servbot in dr1 and 4 is that in the first the reflection is being done in realtime, in 4 it's a simple cubemap which saves on rendering times but the actual surroundings aren't seen on it. The actual environment, characters,effects and lights can be seen on kirby's model, which is impossible to do with an offline cubemap.

You have deluded yourself to the point of hallucination.

Heres another example of your totally real "reflections" that are so performance intensive that the game can't even maintain a constant 30FPS despite looking like hot ass.

Who am I talking about and why does Nintendo do this? They have the most IP's and characters that deserve a game every now and then but Nintendo likes to throw them into the closet and lose the key.

This is just fucking sad.

Two of those can be done on a saturn and my entire point was that its not a reflection in the first place.
Maybe next time actually read the posts you are replying to instead of going into a delusional frenzy.

Lmao. I didn't miss anything, you're just a complete retard being buttmad about being proven wrong
God where does one even begin with this level of autism. Missing the obvious 3d reflections and comparing complex 3d effects and particles with 16x16 bitmaps.

Shut up /ss/fag you don't deserve shit just because your babysitter never sucked your peepee when you were little.

Nah 4 player split screen aside anyways

was referring the Kirby with that. Mario Kart 8 runs pretty well apart from that weird 64 frame doubling.

Nah, nigga. They were mediocre titles at best that people suck off because “d’awwwww look at Kirby, ain’t he so cute”. There’s no substance to those games and before you go “that’s how all Kirby games are” I suggest you realize now that they are all terrible games for casuals that are only held up because “muh Nintendo”

Is this going to be another Super Metroid where I will never get the praise?

Anyway, Star Allies seems fairly mundane so far, so I hope it ends up being better than it looks. Went into Robobot and Triple Deluxe without seeing any footage beforehand.

56?

Kirby always was a casual platformer with maybe one or two difficulty spikes near the end. Its not a hard game.

It's fun. You can use whatever powers you want to beat up enemies and bosses, and the difficulty depends on the powers in some cases. All in all its just comfy to play and has good production values all around.

If you want a challenge, try to beat the arena without powers, only using your inhale/spit

DO NOT LEWD THE KIRBY

I know, mate, I like Kirby. It's comfy, and I get frustrated fairly easily so it's good for me. I was specifically talking about Kirby Super Star, which is good, certainly, but I never saw it as some holy grail like some anons do.

Well its basically an amalgamation of the earlier games, so it replaces those. Later games don't have that same punch or exploration feel it has. I felt obligated to go off the path in Robobot, for example, so I didn't miss a sticker or a star thing. I'd actively avoid warp stars in the case that I'd have to backtrack to get something. The level design feels poorly done in this regard.

I intentionally dropped my power during the Dedede fight and let my AI buddies do the dirty work. They actually did very well on their own with little to no help from me. Btw, the hard mode is just a compilation of various levels and not an actual level. Hopefully that means that the final level design will be better.

Forgot to add that the fire and smoke effects are terrible. I also did not notice those "high-end" reflections.

This is the quintessential Kirbyfag excuse to everything.

And that is when you've know you lost the argument.

Kinda pisses me off, this attitude. Good, fun games get overlooked by this place because they're not near impossible. Not every game needs to be stressful at every step, some can just be nice and calm, after a long, tiring day of work.

Iwata greenlit the gamecube one and the DS one I thought

Keep in mind that this is HAL we're talking about, they probably kept the single player experience at 30FPS so people wouldn't a different experience when playing with four people.

they wouldn't have given you a float mechanic if that was the case, my niggerman

Heads up.

The dude who sucked this game off earlier is now leaking deets on (((disagreement))).

Prepare for copious amounts of pink salt within the next few hours.

Unfortunately, that got tiring after a while

I never got tired of it, but it only really is worth it for me because of how clean and polished they are. I can't handle a 30fps Kirby game. The demo was painful to trudge through strictly because of it. I'd take gimped visual effects for a solid 60fps any day.

The game doesn't run at a constant 30 and drops with four people.

I've got a question, Holla Forums.
Why are Waddle Dees so cute?

Too bad.

I think it's the chubbiness combined with their lack of mouths.

Th-that's not a cameltoe there is it?

Well that's not cute at all.

They are right though.

Considering they're claiming every jewtube video of even the NES era games with their judaism, jewtendo probably bought out the IP entirely from HAL and are milking it for all they can get.

I'm okay with this.

but are you okay with this

Haven't seen that one before.

What's even the point of blatantly lying like this? How do you expect to be taken seriously spouting this garbage?

Well Sakurai did it with Smash 4

Huh, well then I take back what I said. Them having that lighting engine is retarded

KILL YOURSELF MOTHERFUCKER

Yes idiot, that's how it actually works in every game ever. You lock the framerate to get stable gameplay, unless you want constantly fluctuating framerates for whatever reason.
God you retards are fucking painful to read.

You can judge for yourself instead of listening to absolute retards who have a bone to pick with this game.

Game looks perfectly stable.

Probably helps that HAL is an entire company that makes Kirby game/spinoffs while Nintendo EAD is like if we may MK faster and have anti-grav for crazy track designs, we won't need F-Zero anymore!

The "deluxe" versions aren't just the original minigame stripped from the game, they have different content/stages/modes to expand on the original. For example with KTD deluxe versions.

Nah, Adventure and Dream Land 1 and 2 are pretty good too. Everything after that is forgettable.

By refusing to use hand-drawn 2D art like a cheap, lazy faggot.

Whose gayer, Kirby or Birdo?

I once knew a man who drove all the way to Chicago just for Pizza.

I should specify that he lives in Kansas, not as far as it could have been, but not exactly close either.

Kirby's sales have improved ever since Sakurai fuck off for good, I wonder if he is willing to do the same with Super Smash.

This is really cute but so, so wrong.

Reminder yo-yo is the smoothest power up.

Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe and Kirby's Blowout Blast have entirely new levels and are basically pseudo-sequels to the original subgames. Kirby Fighters Deluxe and Team Kirby Clash Deluxe, however, are just the remakes/expansions with new content piled around them. Also Jewgolor.