Jackhammer

So this goes into closed Beta tomorrow. It looks like a bit of UT mixed in with Tribes so I figured Holla Forums would be interested in it. Anyone get into the closed Beta?
No i'm not shilling, I just wanted the Tribes and UT anons who were depressed to have something to look forward to
Also I like that it's trying to be an Arena shooter without just being a carbon copy of Quake.

Other urls found in this thread:

mission-ctrl.co.uk/closed-alpha
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I didn't even know this existed but it's good to see devs that acknowledge arena shooters weren't just Quake 3 duels.

You should know by now that only one in a hundred multiplayer games made by indies actually manages to get a stable playerbase and survive past the first week after release

That's why if it's good I will make weekly threads about it here to have Friday Night Holla Forums plays. That is honestly all I need.
Too bad most of Holla Forums is poorfags though and only play it if it turns out to be F2P.

Oh and here is a random trailer I found after a quick google. I like the way the jetpack combat looks.

shit

mission-ctrl.co.uk/closed-alpha
Might as well get it while you can faggots, maybe we might have enough people to play a game come tomorrow.

But it doesn't look like either?

Not aesthetically but the movement looks like it to me with side jumps but also jet packs causing you to be in the air most of the game.

Uuuhh

Is this another game trying to revive arena shooting and falling on it's face like the last 6 games that tried that

Looks like robo derby disco dodgeball but less a e s t h e t i c

That's because this game like the rest are all made by teams of around 2 people each.

yeah thats why reflex arena, toxikk, lolbreakers and PWND all did badly and not because they're trying to ride the idea of the arena shooter and not realizing what made unreal and quake actually fun

What?

It was marketed as one, or at least in its early promos where it was spewing the same stuff about being SO OLDSKOOL

And this is a banana, some jewish man told me so!

That second image is labeled as a jpg, but it's moving like a fucking gif. Holla Forums EXPLAIN YOURSELF.

if you set the bar that high arena shooters will never be "saved." That's just a stupid goal and an argument not even worth entertaining.

I"m using the steam browswer while playin vidya. GIMME TEXT EXPLAIN.

Fuck off already, reported.
>>>/4cuck/

Fuck charge shots. Fuck them.

So is it any good?

Hi reddit

I got into the alpha. The jetpacking is fast and fun but its too early to tell what the final game will be like.

Let me guess:

Oh, it's a one and done weapon memegame like Devil Daggers.