Game's you're conflicted on

I don't know about dominions. It's autistic and niche, but looking from a more objective viewpoint it's not that much of a good game.
>can never tell when I should end a turn, the game's pacing is out of wack, some turns you can spend hours on while other you can just skip instantly tbqh the entire game should be pause-able real-time a la Paradox Games (CK2, EU, etc.)

Those are some shit opinions.

Abridged:

Also, this might as well become the Dominions thread because I feel like joining a new game.

To be honest twinks would be better as mermaids because they're only good for bjs anyway. Buttholes are gross and have poop in them.

So do most fish mouths. They swim around eating anything that's in front of them.

Do twinks?

Is there a mod to get dom4 music in? Im luke warm on the new shit

Do you really need to ask this question?

Tell me the basics of how to play, and then we'll see who's dumb

T. OP

I haven't figured it out either.

Are you a cuckchanner or just a bad poster?

It was a joke, dumbass. The basics are pretty simple: recruit,build, and cast stuff that will kill the other players, then use those stuff to go and kill the other players until you control enough thrones to win, meanwhile keeping an eye on your dominion.

I haven't played since just before they introduced the new giant race, are they fun?

Does this mean Satyrs are the fantasy version of niggers and that without the wise eurotaurs they would never advance or improve any of their lives?

RIP Vanarus
Your sacrifice wasn't forgotten.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
Considering how niche the game is, I'd say 40$ on release every 3-4 years is surprisingly gentile.
For you Faggot.
The game really isn't meant to be played against the AI beyong testing and expansion practice.
Is that bait? How about you fucking kill yourself eh? How could someone be so fucking retarded, everything about the way Dominions works would be incompatible with RTwP. The only justification I can imagine would be that you only ever thought about this game from a singleplayer perspective and that's just beyond retarded and NOT THE WAY IT'S MEANT TO BE PLAYED. You better be a mongrel because if you're white you have no excuse. Either way, you have to go back.

Bernd.

not to mention they continuously patch and upgrade the game through it's life with new stuff before a new release

HALLO :DDD

Also there's always online sales. I bought Dominions 4 for less than 20 on Steam. Spent thousands of hours on it.

Dominions costing more than a AAA game is still one of the greatest mysteries of our time.
If the modding API were expanded and documented (into an imperative event driven API instead of the halfassed garbage it is now), all the various bugs were fixed, the price point were lowered, and the networking was unfucked (50 bucks and no master server/server listing are you serious lad) this game would easily be three or four times more popular than it is right now.

it's a niche game with it's own market, one of the few actual hobbyist games out there. makes sense it'd cost some

Except illwinter would make strictly more money if the game was cheaper. I have at least four friends who would played dominions 4 with me once in a blue moon, who would happily buy dominions 5 for 20 bucks, but wont buy it for the ridiculous price tag on it right now. "It looks really cool but it's too expensive" was a common tagline for people who were interested in dom4.

And the best part is, it doesn't even have a demo. Illwinter is expecting people to buy a game for 50 bucks with abysmal presentation and no demo. Anybody with a lick of business sense would think it was a social experiment.

How old are you?
The standard of AAA was $60 dollars not $40

Its worth it considering the amount of content and the game continues to get more nations and content.
You are out of your element kiddo.

Why the fuck is banish so goddamn overpowered? I lost 2 armies of 500+ to like, 10 mages with this cancerous spell. How the fuck am I supposed to counter this shit as skeles? There should be a limit to how many times a spell can be cast in battle.

Banish is a sacred spell so it doesn't cost as much fatigue, you can counter with curse of stones, anti-magic, and several death centered spells like bone grinding, and winds of death.

Banish counters the ease of gaining undead, like nations with raeanimotor priests like Lanka.

I've seen a lot of people shitting on Dom5. Is it just a matter of it needing to play content catchup to the previous games or did they fundamentally fuck something?

If you're playing ermor or sceleria, your more powerful priests can spam heresy or whatever it's called to convert the banish-spamming scrubs to your side.

I don't think their goal is to make more money though, if that was the case then they wouldn't be updating the same game and calling it a new game

And you know what? The game will be on sale for less than that eventually and Illwinter will get its money, your friends just cannot have what they want right now, which is apparently a big deal for some reason.

And I guarantee that each of them has dished out $60 bucks for some 12-hour piece of garbage on PS4, then dished out more for DLC without thinking twice, then dropped the game forever after a month.

Subnautica conflicts me. I actually like the game. If only they had shut their whore mouths about gun bullshit and said the decision was about surviving the environment instead of dominating it I would have been happy.

It's fairly fresh so a lot of the veterans talked about it which drew in a bunch of newcomers that couldn't figure it out since the game is deceptively convoluted. Then shitters come back to vent their frustration.
If you're talking about veterans shitting on Dom5, Illwinter changed a lot of things (for the better imo) which drastically changed the pacing and strategy of the game and it's taking people time to come to terms with this. They did the same thing when they made Dom4 so this isn't really something new.

You might be the only person out there who plays this game solo.

Wait what? That's not why there's no guns in the game?

The devs are huge faggots. They fired their audio guy for a fucking twitter post for fucks sake.

They said both. Just check the subnautica thread if it's still around if you want sauce.

Yes, though the design changes at release are a far bigger problem since they gated areas behind subs now

Behold the casual mind, how quick it is to claim that anything that counters his chosen strategy is overpowered. And yet despite the thousands of spells and hundreds of items in the game he cannot concieve of a way to shut down a bunch of guys in robes.
Pity him, for his faggotry is unequaled.

SP dominions is a good playground if you're trying to fiddle with pretender designs or define your early-game strats or just want to shitstomp some AIs

All your issues are resolved by actually learning the game, except:
Which does not matter because you never really play against AI, at best you do so for a few turns to try out some new memestrat.

There are a tonne of issues with the game (limited scripting being the most infuriating), but none of what you mentioned is.

I play solo because I'm bad and I like having as many nations as possible with as many provinces as my computer can handle. I'm a sucker for huge grand strategy things.

Is 5 really worth getting if you loved 4?

Nothing stops you from doing that in PBEM. I've been in plenty of games with 25 or so players.

We do usually start with 8-10 players though here.
Don't worry unless you're one those faggots who have to win and who leave when they know for sure they won't despite having the resources to offer a better resistance/annoyance factor than the ai there are not reason for you to not join our PBEM games. I m a toddler with 250 hours or so in between both games and I still have little to no idea what I m gonna do half the time, but it's still fun If you do join though, pls no stale streaks or going ai for no reason without warning.

Yes, 5 will be continually updated and the current updates help with balance.
The bless changes removed a lot of broken strategies like Regenerating Marble Oracles and 4 bless Lictors. It also gave you a reason to not go for Major blesses all the time.
The change to real time combat was great for balancing too, it meant that first turn advantage was no longer a problem and it made retreating actually possible. It also balanced big battlefield wide spells by making them take longer to cast.

I am not familiar with this term.

When you don't send you turn in the set amount of time (24/36 hours) before the server forces the move to the next turn.