Space Station 13: Page 12 is death row edition

What is Space Station 13?

pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

You can download the BYOND client or join our server directly from your web browser to play. The web client is presently unreliable, and we recommend the latest BYOND client for the best experience possible. The BYOND client is presently compiled for Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE. You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.

Client download: secure.byond.com/download/

IP: byond://192.223.31.204:7777

Tickrate - 0.6 // Random Names ON

Map: MetaStation

Git Repository: github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station

Issues: github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station/issues

IRC: #pizzastation on rizon

Last bread:

We've been able to get some 10, 15, and 20 player nights with the return of BigSlice. BigSlice is also looking for coders, if you've used Python before it's quite similar.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/videos/235237443?t=03h38m24s
byond.com/members/Thegman254
byond.com/members/MaximusAutisma
byond.com/members/FugAGuy
byond.com/members/Abajlord
github.com/mattroks101/InterBay
pastebin.com/Nn3SBMR1
pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes please every player has ideas about what they want in the game but no codeslave to implement those ideas.

good job fag

I'm working on a miniature sun because I want to add it to my map. I'm making it and I'm not asking anyone to make it for me. I do agree though that Slice or someone else should put a monetary bounty on bugs (paid after verification testing and implementation/integration) and if he's worried about anonymity or paypal then he can just use memecoins.

I've actually coded before but I'd rather play. Once you start coding, it becomes all you do and you don't play.

We need a new codebase more then a coder, ours is old and buggy and a coder isn't going to be able to fix all our problems.

Not a bad thing, considering newer codebases like nuTG require gay shit like Microsoft Edge to work properly. What is needed is new features and ports of QoL stuff.
That is indeed a thing, it could be solved by having more coders though.

Would it be possible to bring back the telecom scripts? but instead a simplified version with them already built and needs to be hacked to get the more malicious scripts going.

This

Do tell. I heard about the bitcoin miners though.

I hope it's just an oversight and the server host isn't completely retarded. :^)

Can't we just, like, steal /tg/-stations code / game and improve on that instead of having to do all that shit over?

Why would anyone want to play on a much less developed station if there are others out there? Sure, their community might contain a little bit more cancer, but getting cancer is only a matter of time when the game is as autistic as spess station.

I won't lie, there's a bunch of stuff in their codebase I've taken a look at, and some of it would be an improvement.

By codebase, I mean I ran a local server, connected to it while it was running their code and fucked around with the stuff and station for a while.

clown was almost robust enough to win
will clown earn his belt in this lifetime or will he forever just warm up the bull belt winners?

He's in tag team mania with Chen as his partner
Honkmania liable to run wild now

Last time this was tried on HateStation nobody committed anything and work on porting everything of value stalled.

The answer depends on whether you have a developer that wants to go ahead and actually turn a /tg/station fork into something unique or will neglect the whole project until /tg/station is again way ahead of the fork or so unpopular you go back to Hate/Pizzacode from ancient times.

Also, a bunch of Luddites who still want to use Windows Vista or earlier will whine about needing a newer Internet Explorer and how modernization is a great injustice.

Relevant
Sup, /woo/?

it was really fucking close for a final tbh
twitch.tv/videos/235237443?t=03h38m24s

Yup. Just one of those shifts.

What happened to the last thread? Did it really hit limit? Did the super saiyan singulo wipe it too?

Bump limit and sank to page 13.

Surprising, last I remembered it was sitting at 100-something posts.

Well, it's dead now.

That round was..something.

Mr.Honkington saved the day.

I have no words.

Can have a balloon but have fill it with your own gas or chemicals so you can place balloons inconspicious around places like for a birthday but they're actually filled with napalm! so you shoot or throw fire and everything becomes burn? or nerve gas
but it can also be use as healing

Fuck. Who do I talk to about getting a early-mid day mod or admin for burger hours? This round is 11+ hours old.

Welcome to how a clown truly clowns around.

I wouldn't mind modding every so often. Run on the EST Timezone, on in the mornings mostly. Getting burned out on Colonial Marines, and have had fun with the server the few times I've been on. Wouldn't mind fucking around as mod.
Either way, you can't win against surprise clown action.

Trying to make piano music work, apparently no one has made system shock music yet.
However midi2piano adds too many notes.
Gonna have to learn piano music and edit the results to make it listenable.

We got 7 players, let's make it 10!
GET IN HERE

Why would you lie like that?

We're at eight players right now, cyborgs, MoMMIs, and AIs aren't on the crew manifest.

why don't you guys play on /tg/station anymore? has the moderation gone to shit?

/tg/'s admins are about as bad as gitgud, kyron, 0ak.. Nevermind the rampant and unchecked metaclub buddy cancer.

nu/tg/ needs to be shunned and forgotten.

If you go to the OOC tab and hit the 'who' command it will show all people connected to the server.

Also the neverending feature creep and literal reddit community.

Oh, and furries. Almost forgot the furries.

Will admit that I do like how there's a space for practically every engine in their maps engine room. But that's about the extent of it. Don't know what to make of the ATM's, or wages, on there though.

CMO here, sorry for being so unrobust that I didn't charge into maint with the armoury on my back for the ling, rarely fight lings tbh.

Ban when?

If there's a ling on the new round then you're the one breaking icc ook tbh.

I would love to see you try, especially since I don't even know its IP, you moron

Did I say I wanted you banned from the server? That you're not a part of, that you're trying to start some shit over some guy whom, as far as I'm aware, doesn't even play anymore.

You are a Traitor!
-Steal RCD
-Steal Top Secret Documents
-Free Objective
> Oh, fuck you Geneticist says

Geneticist salt makes up it.

Both of those players were niggers, and deserve hate spewed at them, even if their presence is questionable or non-existent. They used to shit things up p'bad a long time back for the 8ch Stations past iterations.
But, let's be honest, we haven't had exactly good mods or admins either. Perhaps this time shit changes?

How good would my internet have to be for me to host a server?

Proabably fairly decent due to the clunky nature of the engine.

You deserve a ban tbh

That wasn't me famalam. The most I did was the command area, engineering, and setting the singloose.

have you guys ever played on baystation 12? it's literally just furries roleplaying and no fun allowed admins.

i remember accidentally feeding someone a slightly poisoned burger and i got permanently banned

I played on Paradise once. Clown was being a shit, fed him a roboburger. After borgification, he complained loud enough to admins after I had disconnected for the day to earn me a permaban.

you used space carp?

Jeremy you pleb.

haha

Does the game have text2speech

The meaning of "slightly" changes a lot depending on what side of the burger you are, I suppose.
You're also not banned for that reason, unless you actually killed the guy. You're banned for doing it with absolutely no RP at all.
You can get away with poisoning food with mild toxins if you're roleplaying a disloyal Chef but you gotta put the extra effort to play that specific role, otherwise you're just being a cunt for the sake of getting people angry.

Baystation is just a server that knows exactly what kind of players they want and they make a good job of keeping everyone that doesn't fit that description out.
To be honest, it's a pretty creepy server, seeing how everyone is so friendly to each other and know everyone personnaly by name like they are long friends. It's quite unwelcoming for new guys because of this, but it makes sense considering the tight community it spawned off.
And looking back at all the drama surrounding most servers and how often they end up dying, you can say a lot of bad things about Baystation12, but you can't argue with it's success, considering how long they've been going with very few drama and their own codebase.
Nothing wrong with knowing what you want and working for that, even if it's something incredibly autistic.

8 players your NIGGERS, also the australian wanted you to know that you're NIGGERS. Get in serb.

EIGHT PEOPLE ON, GET IN HERE
I
G
H
T

P
E
O
P
L
E

O
N

G
E
T

I
N

H
E
R
E

Why would you lie like that, user?

Ick ock
You can check the crew manifest ingame, ergo you're reporting on ingame information

Yeah but only if you play as the station's robotic slut

It's called the who button for the second time, which is an OOC command.

What the fuck is wrong with you

AIs, Borgs and MoMMIs do not show up on the Crew Manifest, neither do people who are Observing instead of playing.
Or picked as special traitors too, funny metagaming tactic used to be looking at the crew manifest and checking the number of players. 5 missing? You have Nuke Ops incoming.
Extra funny when it's actually fucking nothing but 1 AI, 1 stealthmins, 1 deadmin, 1 AFK and 1 person that genuinely just wants to watch

>>>/reddit/

Next time, before falling for bait this low, you might want to click on the ID and scroll up (or Ctrl+F it instead) and see the kind of person you are replying to.
Or even better, post a screenshot instead.

BEEPSKY YOU MADMAN HERO THE HERO WE NEEDED BUT DIDNT DESERVE

What the fuck happened? I missed this round.

I'll try to greentext it best I remember
>Ask him to let me into security for firing pins, so we'll be ready for any possible alien invasion

Get in fags

any good tutorials?

Read the first fucking post. Wiki's link is there.

sorry

:^)

Best way to learn is for someone to teach you in game

Nukeops here. Actually was partly adminbus as well but i latejoined and din't know what was going much in the round other than deadchat screaming their lungs out about no antags because it happened that the tatortot killed himself really early on.
>Gear up, Get free C20r with 2 and a half mags worth of ammo adminbus Nookops can't buy c20r nor its ammo from any uplink as that is only avaible on a real nukeops round and an ESword from dead syndie corpses, stock up on C4 and a Syndie toolbox i found on the way. As well as a Syndie Medibot that was on the away mission

he called shuttle early while I was 3 tiles from an escape pod

Anyone know how I can make my own singleplayer game so I can teach myself how to do things?

Download the source code from github, and run byond's dream runner, then connect to it.

Compile the code using Dream Maker and host it on Dream Daemon.

I did it and the code is more updated and has more features than what's on 8station right now. Does 8station not use the latest code?

after h8stations fall the successor stations each had their own take on the code and used a different iteration of pizzacode, so it isn't clear which repository has the latest iteration with the most updates.

The singleplayer server I made is tgstation and it has some cool stuff

We tried that for a bit but the users revolted and wanted a code revert that had all our memes.

Play on vgstation. The meta club and shitmins are gone

nope

I just tried playing on tgstation and the average time until an escape shuttle arrives is 30 minutes. Somehow the players always make the station go to shit in just a few minutes, and so there's never time to do anything. There's also furries everywhere. Avoid at all costs

Well, niggered an animated fusion orb which existed in the files somewhere. We have an animation now.

I need more specific details.

I believe this image will help to explain it

You have to go back, you literal cuckchan shill

I got it off the /vg/ booru, sue me

You have to edit in some tears, the statue is always crying.

there is a tear

GEE I WONDER WHO MADE THIS PICTURE.
Fuck /vg/ anyways, it's a shithole

fuck all mother fuckers tbh

Alright, I'm confused about how the singularity's icons work. First it goes from /icon/obj/singularity.dmi and picks one sprite out of there. On a stage increase it goes to a whole new folder where the .dmi is named after, presumably, the size in pixels. Is this what I want to do if I want a 3x3 or 5x5 sprite for the sun?

SS13 has an intense case of spaghetti code given how many different authors have contributed over the years. Our pizzacode would have gone through two hugemajor revisions in the code by the time our fiends sank their claws into it. Most SS13 servers today run a cleaned-up version of the codebase depending on the variant. Off the top of my head, there's goonstation, tgstation, and baystation from which all other variants branch off of. We use a variant of older tgstation code. Modern tgstation underwent that previously mentioned cleanup and isn't recognizable. There's a general for SS13 in half/vg/ that has the tgstation details.

ew no. Either way, I'm wondering if the file being named with the file size has anything to do with it, since singulo stage 2 shares the .dmi with christmas tree and other stuff. I also want to know how to make a sprite the correct size to being with, since the icon editor doesn't SEEM to have that option, from what I have explored.

Scratch that, it really does. Even editing a smaller icon in that file gives more room to work with.

yes well I forgot to mention that you don't need to put anything in any specific folder because over the years different authors have applied different logic to the organization.

Well, time to continue the spaghetti because I'm lazy and unpaid.

there's a video of the various changes over the years on the /tg/ github and about half way in lots large parts of it got out right deleted and I can't seem to find this video

bump

New round starting

Will be on the server as soon as we get some other people in the lobby. Anyone down for a Saturday night shift?

Attached: thumbs_up1.jpg (500x450, 247.68K)

I can probably get on.

how do I git gud at viro?

objects tab while holding dropper, set-transfer-amount 1 instead of 5

Which tells me nothing.

Te inventive
Use the wiki
Try not to use up all your plasma as you can easily get nearly everything with V.Food and U.Muta, everything inside virolab is excessively good at making godvirus mixes and death plagues that can kill the entire crew in a matter of minutes.

1u dropper is your friend.

Swear to god whomever cooked up that disposals loop better get a ban.

What happened? Because infinite disposal loops have been patched out ages ago on modern codebases. If you try to put something into a loop and there's no valid exit it will fail. Unless there is an exit and its just really long with lots of turns to kill whoever is in it.

Attached: idiotsandwhich.gif (500x281, 1.42M)

I have never been more depressed in my life.

Attached: 9df.jpg (441x498, 40.73K)

Are you allowed to rejoin on a proxy after dying and then metagaming to go after your killer?

Because 2 faggots just did that. And they rejoined as security. Game is still going as I type this message. Their names are:

Darcey Robertson
Edward Adison

When I killed them they were:
Bethany Osterwise
Reese Schaeffer

PLEASE ban these faggots.

OOC: Player (567): wait you fguys rejoined as security and metagamed?
OOC: Player (807): what u say
OOC: Player (807): we memegame?
OOC: Player (567): I killed 2 people then 2 of you show up as sec
OOC: Player (807): Hmmm
OOC: Player (807): No memegame friend
OOC: Player (567): that's not allowed
OOC: Player (807): k
OOC: Player (567): i thought i was just unlucky until you referred to the people i killed as your bodies
OOC: Player (807): what u sey?
OOC: Player (567): im reporting you bud
OOC: Player (807): call the police faggot
OOC: Player (807): they can't unrape you
OOC: Player (807): Do it
OOC: Player (807): DO IT
OOC: Player (807): CALL THE FUCKING POLICE
OOC: Player (807): CALL THEM
OOC: Player (807): REPORT US
OOC: Player (807): SUCK MY DICK FAGGOT

Attached: 17aedb08b8c5115b9113667af29475852ec2e17509757198b03de6de5bbf85a3.jpg (720x708, 45.09K)

Yea thats very bannable.

those are the two meta shitters which have been shitting up everything Holla Forums related since gamergate

Attached: hm7CrsQ.jpg (600x330, 96.19K)

I thought the servers tracked mac address so people couldn't do shit like this

oh you naive son

I really hate this kinda shit tbh

so they don't even need a proxy? they can just log in on another byond account? damn

Admin requested screenies. A lot of my chat was cut off so he can go back in the logs and see the things I wasn't able to capture.

Picture 1: Refers to the 2 people who are dead as "our bodies"
Picture 2: Notice the fact they are not denying anything, just trolling.
Picture 3: Refers to the killings even though these 2 people joined after the fact. Again, not even trying to hide their metashittery.

Attached: 3.png (931x125 19.27 KB, 7.38K)

Any admin who checks the logs will be able to see the smoking gun: 2 new players both signing up as security, grabbing guns and running to where the murder happened just moments after they died.

Attached: 4.png (960x224, 11.12K)

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (660x121, 15.5K)

My general understanding of the situation is;
since I honestly don't have choice to whom I side with, the people who used the alts are both banned and ip banned. Say goodbye, everyone. Until they make a new byond ckey and wipe and restart their router.

Attached: altsaregonegoodbyeboys.PNG (855x333, 150.21K)

Why would I play here presently when I am actively profiling Oracle Station?

Given that it's roleplayrascal admining (again), this isn't all that surprising.

So let me get this straight

Attached: 2456473596846763.png (286x308, 65.24K)

Lol-ing at these shitters, the traitor has full privlege to kill anyone he chooses. just get gid and fucking murderize him before he wipes the crew.

kek @ this station.

Attached: 1520232695735.jpg (640x467, 63.79K)

Are you proud yet?

ha it's the metagamer himself.
get banned kiddo.
also
don't return to the game, ever.

Attached: 1488940946769.png (328x398, 236.21K)

they're the two shitters, that's what they do when they can't shit up a server, move to the threads.

Wow, must be fun defending your petty greentext shittery meme with proxies.

Attached: 1404490329789.jpg (471x490, 74.4K)

Does anyone know their Ckey?
it's always great to google it and see what other bullshit they've done on other servers.

Attached: 1494695864540.png (553x507, 211.46K)

Boi I haven't even touched ss13 for years due too college/irl bullshit

if anything am semi-hated here and would rather not reveal my identity.
Cause It'll be embarrassing

Attached: 1493877894917.png (544x642, 139.44K)

why don't you take a look at the posts in the thread before assuming that

meant for

I laughed.

Regarding the situation, it was a dead-pop antagonist killing the rest of the crew for lackluster reasons, and the crew came back with alts to shitpost on him. In this problem, both sides are basically faggots killing as an antagonist on deadpop is a surefire way to kill the pop, especially when theres no assassination objectives, but the antagonist is valid no matter what, so no real shit can be done about it, weird how that works :^) but being both metafaggots and using alts is an easy peasy way to get banned. I pity them because it is a cunt thing to deal with, but they dealt with it in the worst way.

this is true, please just get good so i don't have to deal with this shit :^)

Attached: c9063c8394975e2c6ec20263d2f0e08eac48f2670f02780702d8d92dca6f86c5.jpg (538x900, 75.71K)

Getting killed wouldn't be so bad if there were any ways to get back into the round easily. Not saying that there's an easy solution and enabling respawn might turn it into an infinite shitterfest that results in arrivals always being destroyed, but that its something to think about and might be worth coding in.

If the pop is really low and someone dies, they come back as an antag or special role somehow.

There is ways to return back into the round without using another alt, but a majority of the time this is unwanted due to the fact that these situations can occur just by some nigger coming back into the round.
I would of probably given them a send back to lobby or some shit, but I wasn't on at the time.

Attached: 86caf296189a9e48e431c51a17e1ad13b2d413d6dcfa4a3d703d85ba1b1c9d26.png (233x250, 73.44K)

Why would you reward being killed? I haven't hopped on this server yet, but iirc on last serb you could become a MoMMi or a rat if you died.

You can become a MoMMi, I don't think you can come back as a rat, but you can try. :^)

Attached: bc4289b30442e00896f6e02719107a8de83fe20729073b0306f67738671f4c92.png (283x389, 21.12K)

Because on low pop its really easy to get killed and not everyone plays SS13 like its a deathmatch.

What the fuck

Attached: 1313476372241.gif (240x160, 595.71K)

Every ss13 turns into this sooner or later and its why for awhile there were no ss13 threads though by my understanding the server stuck around instead of going offline, kudos to the host for that.

that kinda thing has to be handled by an admin tbh

Then you get shits like roleplay rascal whose moderation policy is to not moderate

it sounds like I was the only decent admin since back on nel's server

This is clearly bait, but if you're saying this seriously, I must ask. Do you actually play on the server?

Whenever these things happen, people really should get into the habit of investigating shit, if only to know if these accounts were made the same day to metagame.
As it stands however…
byond.com/members/Thegman254 Account created in 2013
byond.com/members/MaximusAutisma Account created in 2015
byond.com/members/FugAGuy Account created in 2015
I cannot find a "Abailord" account on Byond for whatever reason, but since he chose the same name from OOC to play as, that speaks volumes about how much semen he ingests hourly.

I'm assuming the first guy was a shit player back from 2013 and 2 years later met someone else to be his partner in crime. A THOT, it seems judging by the name and because this wouldn't be the first time a THOT decided to grief during low-pop hours and act incredibly unstable. Plus, the names seem to point towards throwaway accounts.

So expect a few more visits in a few days with newly made accounts I guess. Until someone decides to block anyone running old versions of BYOND anyway, I'm sure the newer ones don't run on the shitputers these fags are using apparently.

There's actually an implemented mechanism to help with this, whenever a round goes over a set limit. Can't remenber if it was 45 minutes, 1 hour or 1:30 hour, (it can be configured and these effects scale up with time) but nasty shit starts to spawn using dead players if available. That's how you get Xenomorphs and Blobs in regular rounds for instance, or Space Ninjas if they were working.
The idea was to counter traitors that took too fucking long to do anything, especially if they thought that killing everyone at the start of the round and forcing them to watch for 1 hour was a good idea.

Honestly, I think it would be far more important to create oportunities for people to practice combat since unless you roll traitor or pick Sec, you'll likely try to avoid combat or not use conventional weapons anyway, so not many oportunities to improve.
Or people could just start playing laser tag, I suppose.

Trips, very nice.

My trips pal, Its Abajlord, not Abailord.

It would be this one then:
byond.com/members/Abajlord
Which was created at the beginning of this month. Considering your previous account dating back 5 years, it's fair to assume this one is just a throwaway (ence why you'd be a fag and use the same name IC)

If you have been playing the game this long, you should already know that metagaming or using second accounts is verbotten so you're never gonna change anyways.
Either you're the one that came up with the whole idea or you were convinced to join the thot, but either way… Your loss.
You're missing out on playing with 10-15 pretty cool guys during high pop just so you can stick to low pop and "be an epic griefster" or whatever you kids think you look like.

see image of

This is why you don't get to bring friends, Captain.

Attached: 3fcfb70e4ef5de48f9a9e50b8c475d79552cd3169d35406ac2ed8088e59a3414.jpg (550x746, 64.54K)

Considering the current server pop, would Ministation be a good idea until we can drum up more players?

Possibly, yes. If I'm not mistaken, the main power source for that is the TEG so that should please that one TEGAUTIST. I quite like the layout of mini, too.

Do you like honking other people?

There needs to be a server hosted from this codebase:
github.com/mattroks101/InterBay

No, there doesn't. Now fuck off with trying to push that heaping pile of shit all the time.

Have "say "I'm new."" bound on hotkey and spam it whenever something fucky is happening.
The worst thing that could happen is that the admin makes you into his personal ERP partner

Finally got BYOND to work with wine, or rather noticed how - using a virtual desktop shows the icon that it minimizes itself into after startup apparently.

Attached: 64209aa264cad056adc420848260aa06ca4e8522c746113abc029a7f64ff4662.jpg (750x700, 67.22K)

What are all of the benefits, downsides, effects, etc. of cyber augmenting yourself? I'm making a page on the wiki for it.

It's been forever ago since I've done that but:
You're a lot sturdier.
I think fully augmenting yourself lets you spacewalk without consequence.
Healing is different, I believe. You need soldering and wires (?)

Yeah, that's as far as I know, though I think the space walking might be broken. They probably shouldn't have to eat either and be immune to chems since all their organs come out. To balance out I guess let them be affected by EMP.

The page is called "Augmented", for a lack of a specific name, I guess. (Since any race can be augmented.)

How to into virology

Last I checked, you only "augment" your limbs, not the internal organs.
What this means is innate armor so you take less damage and said limb becomes space-proof. However to heal your cyber limbs, you need to use a Welder for Brute damage and Wires for Burn damage.

Internal organs stay the same, you still need to eat and breath.
However, there's more implants besides the limbs themselves, one of them actually removing the need to eat but breathing is still there.
This means you can technically "space walk" as long as you have a gas mask.

But quite frankly, you're better either trying it out in-game or checking the code yourself if you're looking for actually specific information.

Well, currently, you completely replace limbs via amputation and re-attachment, making them completely cyborg/metal. Only the chest have "augment" surgery. It would at least make sense to reduce caloric requirement to 0 for a limb, greatly reduce for the chest (since MOST of your organs come out) and not at all for the head [since you keep your brain, but of course cyborgs have brains but don't need to eat so ~(._.)~]
Honestly I would just have the chest augment remove at least the lungs and make the excuse that it has dialysis in there; then if you want to remove eating also you can get the nutriment pump. It's funny because you can just skeletonize yourself with krokodil first and then augment yourself- negating the need to breath, I'm also unsure how damage works out given skeleton takes more damage but augments reduce damage?
What if augmented humans were or could be upgraded to be badass killing machines but had lawsets?

the reason why you don't want augmentation what so ever is because you can only heal your self via tools, you cannot have any god virus or DNA goodies, you cannot even be admin healed it's that bad.

those are called syndi borgs

Sadly that's not how hunger works in the game, your organs and limbs don't count for it at all.
Which would be an interesting mechanic to have, stronger limbs\organs performing better but having higher caloric requirements.

You'd still need a source of oxygen anyway, so either an augment to have an oxygen canister slot in your torso or an engine that runs on water with electrolysis feeding you both oxygen and hydrogen. The later could either be expeled into the air ahah or another implant uses it for internal power.

That's what cyborgs are supposed to be actually, really upsets me how terminology goes for SS13 regarding this.
Cyborgs should be augmented humans with an organic mind.
Robots should be synthetic bodies with synthetic minds, which would include the lesser robots we have now as simpler but still robots.
The fact that a brain is used doesn't change this, especially since they have no extra needs because of that, unlike cyborgs that still have to injest sugar and other nutrients for their brain and whatever part remains of their body.

Which also limits the game slightly since we're missing Androids and Bioroid, the first being Robots that have a human appearance and the second being basically an organic body with a synthetic mind.
Goonstation had Replicants in place of Androids (which is retarded since they weren't biological at all unlike the source material) but we could have Bioroids to be vat-grown bodies where you put an MMI inside. All the laws and rules regarding synthetic creatures but with an organic body instead.

Considering how plentiful welder fuel and wires are on the station, especially since most people carry the 2 tools needed to heal yourself in a toolbelt anyway, it's really not that bad an idea.
And I'm not too sure on the virus and DNA since I haven't tried them, but couldn't you keep DNA powers even with augmentation? Hulk might be the exception depending on how health is calculated with those, but X-Ray, TK and even Fire Resist should still work.
Plus, virus that heal your body might not be necessary, but that just means extra slots for other virus, no actual need for toxins filter or the virus that keeps you well fed. You could inject yourself with Toxins Filter plus that strain where you spew plasma and be a walking hazard to everyone but yourself. Combine that with Fire Resist and you can go around setting the whole station on fire on your own.

the thing is, a patch with even a basic all heal would still be vastly superior then welding your self you could even use a vape and stick omni+ in to just smoke it when shit goes down. the issue isn't how available healing stuff is, it's how slow it is to heal

Asmothia makes you spontaneously explode at some point of it's final stage, so it's probably not a good idea to have.

You're also forgetting that with extra armor, you'll take less damage. So while your opponent might have a patch constantly healing him, he still has to dish out more damage than you, otherwise it's not gonna help as much.

Let's assume a mad fight between Robodude (fully augmented spessmen) and Patches (chemist patched with Bicaridine), both wielding a Force 10 weapon.
Let's also assume they hit each other every single second in a 0.6 tick rate server with augmentation reducing damage in half.
This means that Patches is basically dealing 5 Brute Damage per second, meanwhile Robodude is dealing 10 but the healing, that amounts to 3.3 per second, reduces it to 6,7 Brute Damage per second.
So basically, Patches might be healing but Robodude will last longer than Patches can hold out in a fight of atriction and once he is done for, Robodude will have all the time in the world to fix whatever damage he took.

You should also remenber that not many people are gonna be carrying patches around if they aren't chemists or assistants that know where to get them anyway, as well as even having access to Ominize if you aren't a Botanist, who won't just give it to anyone, unlike a Roboticist who will gladly augment everyone.

Patches and Vape seem like the best option but only if you're considering some amount of powergaming into the equation, and even then.
Meanwhile augmentation is still the longer lasting and more easily available option.

In that case, you can play the most exciting game of balance, where you keep eating the cure to your disease in very, very slow amounts overtime. Done right, you can keep the symptoms strong enough to keep spewing plasma without curing yourself but not high enough you explode.

kill yourself right now

If I use the following
var/datum/gas_mixture/air_sample = return_air()
for my sun, will I get the temperature and pressure data on the tile the sun is on? It seems like it's just a catch all kind of function for getting air data of some kind or another and it's used in tons of files and I can't find the source of that function.

Attached: thonk.png (2688x2688, 218.98K)

Attached: 2ec2e8a149e580fa08cbe95d0b9146984d7cbada.png (449x389, 11.29K)

Do a ctr+F with: "/proc/return-air".
Usually, when searching for a proc, you want to add the "/proc/" before the name, otherwise you get 701 different returns.
That will get you air data from ANY gas mixture.
Tiles have gas mixtures. As do disposal bins, O2 tanks, mechs and some other miscellaneous thing.
Just make sure you're calling it on the correct air mix and don't let people bottle up the sun in air tanks. That's for the Dominions 5 thread.

The sun is an entity roughly based off of the singularity. I want it to check the temp and pressure of the tile beneath it. If temperature is positive, it can grow- if negative it will shrink. If it can grow, energy (and thus size) is directly related to the pressure readout. The proc is in the atoms file, as it turns out- and it just returns loc.return_air(), so I'm assuming I can just use that and assign it to a regular variable?
/obj/sun/proc/eat()//Eat things. Make sure to check if the tile is NOT reinforced floor. set background = BACKGROUND_ENABLED for(var/atom/X in orange(grav_pull,src)) if(!X.SunCanEat()) continue var/dist = get_dist(X, src) var/obj/sun/S = src if(dist > consume_range) X.sun_pull(S, current_size) else if(dist

It's just lifeweb without the ERP. Chill fam

Filtered.

the extra armour is moot because the difference is minimum and even so, movement is what's important in ss13 combat, not armour, if you take a hit it slows you down and that's the reason why you're more likely to loose the fight so that's why healing on the fly is critical. if you can utterly remove the need to stop for it you can fight pretty much consistent.

it's faster to break into the places with round start supplies then it is to augment your self or even have someone else augment you, the reason why robotist is glad to aug someone is because it's hardly ever done and more often then not the robotist is waiting on mets for cool mechs so has the time for it.

you need to consider powergaming as that's what the code base is balanced on as, while our code is old /tg/, it's still /tg/'s speed and until we actually get some level of competent coders to dedicate themselves to working on overhualing our codebase so that it's not just outdated trash with "neat things" put in, it's always going to be held hostage to powergaming.

Usually, I'm iffy about that. You know what an Atom is, right? Because it's pretty much EVERYTHING. Byond has two base types: datums are virtual pieces of data that don't really "exist" and atoms that are things actually placed on the game world. A person is an atom, but so is a potted plant, the black overlay to simulate darkness or a spark effect.
That for() you're calling will check every atom in a good range, and that might cause the sun to eat darkness, sparks, blood splatters and ghosts.
Pretty fucking metal when you think about it.
I don't really code anymore because I only enjoy coding wild shit that only 1 in 10 like but I'd definetly do that.

If you're looking for an inverted singulo though, don't work with pull. Push instead. The sun should violently explode every once in a while, throw things flying, that sort of stuff. Just call some explosion proc every couple minutes and increase the frequency/blast radious based on energy. Then make some aparatus that collects energy from explosions.
Just edit the ex_act from them and the sun, otherwise the sun explodes itself into nothing.

Unless you're doing an Object that orbits the station? Not sure how that would work. Mini-sun?

Forgot to add: if you use a normal explosion for the sun, you not only reuse a lot of code/save a lot of work, you also create a fail state in case the engies fuck up: the sun fucking explodes. In the station/near it.

You are pathetic.

'Tis mere a codebase suggestion. There's a lot of servers that branch off /tg/ and baystation.
been trying to host a server tho

Asking once is a sugestion.
Asking twice is a request.
Asking more than that is a paddling.

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 10.63K)

No, it sits in the chamber. I'm going to add code to solar panels that checks for the nearest sun and reads it's energy level. It then outputs power in watts based on that level. The thing will make a pyroclastic explosion if it gets too big, basically exploding part of engineeing and setting half the station on fire. For that, I'll reuse the explosion code and then copypasta the same code but make the effect call ignitemob() instead of damaging blocks/people (or so I think). In regards to the atoms, literally all I need is to get the gas data underneath the sun. I also need to refine the eat function, and I'm not sure if I'll keep a gravitational pull at all- might just limit it to the sprite size of the sun, so touching it means you get pulled to the actual entity's tile and eaten. The sun also doesn't gain energy from eating things, it just burns them up (I took the function that does that for the singulo out).
The basic idea is that because it's a miniature sun that isn't self sufficient, it sits (it doesn't move at all, unlike singulo) in a chamber occasionally spitting out new gas which makes it grow. If you try to regulate the pressure via space, the sun will die (and devolve into flaming plasma). This sun doesn't have radiation, so no collectors setup- you have solar panels next to it.

Attached: engineering, currently.png (1110x665, 166.46K)

Check the functions used to call explosions, there's several parameteres to them regarding the radius of destruction.
One of the parameteres is "fire radius", which is basically how far it will spread fire instead of just blowing things up.
You can have this value pretty high, much higher than the rest, and you'll get a nice fiery explosion.

Quick question to the Admin of the station:
Would Respawn in low-pop be okay?
Because I could write something really small, 6 or 7 lines, stick it in a paste bin and then you guys just paste it on the serb's code and people can fuck around during low-pop /deathmatch until more people join.
We gotta agree on a limit on the number of people that constitute low-pop. I'd sugest less then 7 (so 6,5,4,3,2,1) being considered low-pop.
Then it can be toggled two ways:
Automatically: as soon as 7 people are connected, Respawn is disabled, if people disconnect and we're back to 6 or less, it's renabled.
Or at round start: whenever a round starts, it checks the amount of people and enables/disables it, keeping the value for the current round.

I'd personally prefer the first one and would only use the second if we have an automated shift-transfer in place (auto-shuttle call after 30/90/120 minutes).

Nice, thanks.

Fact about cyborgization: It really is not worth it for the amount of time/material investment that you put into it.
The benefits of gaining metal limbs and body is that you become partially, but not completely, spaceproof and you gain a basic 25% Melee resist towards all sources of damage based on Melee attacks Eg Brute from anything blunt and Burn mainly from Welders, with diminishing returns depending on how much armor you get on yourself.
Diminishing returns? Well Riot Armor currently protects up to 80 Melee Brute plain reduction. Along with Augmentation, you can only get up to 86 Melee Brute resist, as the 25% only affects the 0 basic defense and is lowered depending on how much armor you put on top of it so that it can never truly be 100.
You are also immune to ALL Chemicals, including anything harmful or helpful.
You are also immune to ALL Viruses, be they harmful or helpful.
You also heal from just welders and cable coil, but that is actually a bad thing and i'll start explaining why now.

The downsides of gaining metal limbs is that you can't be healed quickly by chemicals. You can ONLY fix yourself up with Welder and Cable Coil, and unless someone else is administering them to you, you will be stuck for minutes welding and mending your ass up with how slow fixing yourself is.
Chemicals, in the other hand, act incredibly quickly and stack with eachother. You will see no chemist do a simple patch with only Bicardine as a combat mix. He will add as much as he can into the mix so that it heals him up to 100% as quickly as possible, that means bicard+tricord+DD+Omni+kelo+derma+sypticP+silverS in your most basic "combat stim" patch and, if he's any competent at his job, he'll also add small amounts of Hyperzine, Ephedrine, Crank, Hotline or even BathSalts to his mixes for unmatched hyperspeed and anti-stun that is faster than Xeno Hunters.

Another bad thing about augmentation is that you lose some of your base speed. You are slow as molasses as a Cyborg and you CAN NOT FIX THIS WITH ANYTHING. The chemist will be running circles around you for hours with mixes he can make in 5 seconds meanwhile you're stuck with a subpar armor that can't even protect you as well as it should. Couple this that SS13 combat is ALL about Stuns, if either of you are smart at all, you won't be just meleeing eachother with Toolboxes outside of really desperate situations. You will arm up or at the very least keep a stunprod handy if you intend to fight eachother at some point over any innane shit and the first one to fall is the one that dies most of the time. Even so, if you stack armor with your cyber limbs you can only truly max out Melee Brute Resist, not Ranged Brute/Burn damage sources or Melee Burn based sources such as the Energy Axe or the Upgraded Welding Tool.

The other bad thing about Augmentation is how long it takes, how much it costs and how it definitely requires another dude to augment you to make it faster. It takes up to a max of 10-15 minutes to self-augment yourself fully. That is disregarding parts build time, the fact that you can die very easily when self-augmenting or streaks of constant bad RNG rolls that make you re-do shit. Just the plain surgery itself takes a fuckload of time.
It also takes 45 Sheets of Metal to print all parts from an unupgraded Robotics Fabricator, i've never seen augmentfags even upgrade their own equipment, so by the time they make 2 borgs/1mech and augment 2 people, they already ran out of metal and will cry at Cargo or Engineering for more materials and will start cannibalizing their own department for more of the damn thing. Seriously fucking do some basic R&D, just Materials level 5 and Pico Manips+High-Power Lasers basically makes you save up to 75% of your resources by just upgrading the machine.
With a competent partner you can cut down the surgery timer to about 1 minute or even a little less, but it requires him to act perfectly in every step of the way and is still not efficient.
Compare that with just mixing chems which take less than 10 seconds to come up with basic mixtures and massproducing patches and pills and you start seeing why people call Chemists overpowered.
I will not argue about this and i will fully state that Cyborgization IS faster than Virology, but that's mostly based on RNG and if you roll insanely good you can finish a god virus mix in 3 minutes or even less, but usually it takes a good 15-20 minutes.

Also you are subceptible to EMP as a Cyborg. There are many ways why this can fuck you over because it deals HUGE amounts of Burn damage to your entire body and several Antags have repeatable sources of EMP.

body of post too long lemme post godfuckingdamnit

The answer is to further increase the damage reduction, across the board, I guess. Make immune damage, if not already.
What about auto aim of some kind? Could also make it so having cyber arms flat out increases the damage you deal with all melee weapons by a lot, since it's a robot punch. Possibly let them get the 2H damage from a fire axe while in 1H,
Oh, what if augmented humans could install exosuit modules, like laser cannons and hydraulic clamps? Just throwing out ideas here.

I meant immune to toxin, thanks codemonkey.

What's the draw of this codebase over others?

Memes, self-surgery, not using micro$soft edgelord, probably some other things.

vore code.

Attached: 1520797540142.png (678x767, 708.92K)

Also, what is this function for? It's called check_turfs, but I'm guessing it has to do with movement (it's from the singularity) but the minisun doesn't do that, so I was thinking of taking it out.
/obj/singularity/proc/check_turfs_in(var/direction = 0, var/step = 0) if(!direction) return 0 var/steps = 0 if(!step) switch(current_size) if(STAGE_ONE) steps = 1 if(STAGE_TWO) steps = 3//Yes this is right if(STAGE_THREE) steps = 3 else steps = step var/list/turfs = list() var/turf/T = src.loc for(var/i = 1 to steps) T = get_step(T,direction) if(!isturf(T)) return 0 turfs.Add(T) var/dir2 = 0 var/dir3 = 0 switch(direction) if(NORTH||SOUTH) dir2 = 4 dir3 = 8 if(EAST||WEST) dir2 = 1 dir3 = 2 var/turf/T2 = T for(var/j = 1 to steps-1) T2 = get_step(T2,dir2) if(!isturf(T2)) return 0 turfs.Add(T2) for(var/k = 1 to steps-1) T = get_step(T,dir3) if(!isturf(T)) return 0 turfs.Add(T) for(var/turf/T3 in turfs) if(isnull(T3)) continue if(!can_move(T3)) return 0 return 1

Attached: 1520811846610.png (635x896, 1.05M)

Yes I am antagonized

I'll agree with everything you said, if only for the single reason that Chemistry is fucked. It's too OP and can get anything to anyone within minutes and no RNG. Only drawback is that every effect is timed, which is mitigated by how patches and vaping\cigars work, so not really, plus grenades.
The fact that so many other departments are also reliant on Chemistry too is also bullshit. It's kinda understandable why back in Goonstation, chemists never shared the recipes, considering how easy it is to abuse the entire department compared to just about anything else in the entire station.

Worst part is that the only fix would be to remove the ChemMaster from the game altogether since it's an infinite supply of chemicals at the expense of energy (something you also get infinite amounts of) and replace it with canisters in a stockroom holding a certain amount of each chemical and not all of them. Want more? Order some from Cargo or scavenge them from some other source. Maybe actually cooperate with Botany\Mining\Xenobio?

It's especially bullshit considering how useless ATMOS is for every other department since the few ones that need them already start with enough canisters that they don't actually need them, and ATMOS was supposed to be a main point of the game.

Ideally, limbs should be far more resistant than simply 25% reduction since that's practically nothing. For every 4 whacks you get, you'll just need an extra one. And considering the move speed penalty, it's clearly a "tank" role so 75% reduction at the very bare minimum.
However that isn't even the point of cyborgs, they should have an internal battery like Borgs currently do and use it for all kinds of things, like acting faster movement speed, stronger muscles and even in-built weapons or extra vision modes. The point of a cyborg is to be a titanium-coated swiss knife, ready for several situations and built to last.

That seems an horribly coded thing but from what it seems to be, it merely checks a few turfs in a certain direction to see if there's a valid turf.
If this is for the Singularity, it probably picks a direction before calling this and then, depending on it's size, it checks 1 or 3 steps ahead in a cardinal direction. If all of those steps are valid, it returns 1 (so likely, it will move through them), otherwise it will not move.

If your sun ain't moving, you really don't need it, but it's a neat reference if you want to check for adjacent turfs I guess. I mean, besides the whole spaghetti part of it. those "dir2" and "dir3" vars are only there because the author assumes the singularity will only move either 1 or 3 tiles, if it was to move more this wouldn't work for it.

Cool, thanks. I'll probably truncate that out.
This is the file thus far: pastebin.com/Nn3SBMR1
I know there's probably syntax errors somewhere and I still have features to add in order to have a complete entity, but it's been a good learning experience thus far.

Oh, you're actually serious about learning how to code? If you're actually having fun, I say keep at it. You're already adding the Sun, why stop at a super powered fusion central?
I don't play anymore since I'm not a neet for almost 2 years now and I have other projects to work on, but I like to check these threads from time to time and I can help you if need be.

/*/obj/singularity/ex_act(severity, target)//What is this for?
This bit is how you're supposed to handle Singularities. Basically, the ex_act function is called on objects whenever an explosion affects them. This causes damage or gibs/destroys the object usually.
In the case of Singularities, it either destroys them if they are weak enough or it weakens them (so you'd need more than one explosion if it's above stage 2)
You only need this if you plan on having your Sun capable of being blown up or if you want custom effects for when bombs go near your Sun.

Also, your proc to check the current atmosphere and change the maximum allowed size has a small problem, you're changing the gravitational pull right there. Assuming that the size of your Sun doesn't change instantly as soon as enough gas is present, you'll likely want this changed only when it actually changes size.
Either make an helper function that changes the size of the Sun to a specific one and changes every property accordingly to the new size, then call said function and pass the right size to it based on conditions…
Or have instead a "progress" var that increases or decreases based on gas in the current turf. Then you test for "progress" in order to change size in a single part of the code, with the added bonus that you get an extra var to control it. Make different gases contribute more or less progress, temperature playing a role too or even the Clown counting extra (like the Singularity)

Another helpfull bit: if you're looking for code relating to testing the local turf and spawning gas, you might want to check the SuperMater shard. It's an alternative for engines that once activated, it starts producing gas (what you're looking for) and it starts to take damage once it gets too hot around it. You want gas pressure and not temperature, but you can get both properties using mostly the same method, so check that one.
Godspeed, mate.

Attached: =3.jpg (358x400, 23.56K)

Wew, thanks. I'll try to incorporate all that. I'm not sure how far I want to go into specifically SS13 though I've spewed my fair share of lofty ideas. I'm already a fairly competent programmer though I've never encountered scope nor spaghetti like SS13 code. I've handled and programmed from scratch many kinds of data structures before, in terms of my experience. The other thing relating to scope is just all the API stuff. What do I need in my file to not break it, what existing functions exist to support what I want to do with code, stuff like that. Thankfully I don't program like pic related but I still find them funny.

Attached: cs graduate.png (694x801, 77.38K)

//Ok, get the air from the turf var/datum/gas_mixture/env = L.return_air()
I was right, It's just loc.return_air() for air data at the current location, then stored as a gas_mixture datum. >_>
I wish this code was commented well and more uniformly.

Let's drum up some interest: post fun things that you learned about spessmen recently.
Pipes don't have an atmosphere regadless of their contents, so you can suffocate very quickly. Ventcrawl with caution.
On that note, Xenobio has its own vent loop that doesn't connect to the rest of the station; you can't ventcrawl out. If you want to dick around as a slime for a round, make sure you leave before you inject yourself.
Dakimakuras exist.

The chef ID card has acess to the Morgue.
In ye old days, Security would arrest chefs for serving long pork.
Nowdays, a named burger is a delicacy.

Location of the server?
Europe?
America?
Uganda?

Jew York

I don't remember big slice much. Too long ago. Which server was that?
Was he good?
I guess I can start to play again.

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

tell me why i should continue to play this shitty game

i just joined paradise station and ended up getting perma banned for having fun on the comms. what a dogshit game

1) The Holla Forums server is not affiliated with Paradise Station, what you do here or there has no bearing or importance in the other.
2) "having fun on the comms" is not very specific, depends a lot on what you consider "fun". If you're constantly spamming, that should get you banned from any server indeed.
3) If getting banned from a single server seems like a good reason to never play again with everything else the game has to offer, you're better off not playing the game.

use Zerobin nigger

shut the fuck up faggot

Paradise is literally the furry ERP station, don't go there ever.

Is this one of those great SS13 stories?

Yes.

Here's another shining example.

Attached: 1a545556859d9b3f0c7e57af516ca6306994f76318102ae40f85816b11414041.png (1126x1489, 966.17K)

Attached: hehehehehe.gif (320x200, 1.36M)

Any of you queers gonna play?

sure, why the fuck not. i'll play you raging faggot

Later. Tugging one out right now.

SO WILL THE JANITOR BEAT THE CLOWN TO A BELT TOMORROW?
WILL THE MASTER OF THE MOP CUCK THE CLOWN?

Attached: 1374738385083.gif (611x747, 366.05K)

How many on right now?

Git gud, saltpeter is still a thing.

That is the main problem with tgstation, it's a fast round server now. Back when it was good I used to play hours long rounds there.

Reddit server admins literally cater to the griffons and decided that only antags could have fun.

I agree with this, and as a guy who coded dwarves into existence in hatecode somewhat recently, I am in a position of having the knowledge to buff augmentation.

As far as improvements to augmentations go, I will prioritize coming up with code for the following:

-Make cyborg limbs resist 50% of brute and burn from all sources, with the exception of brute from acid and burn from X-ray laser guns. Potentially add Titanium Plating and Lead Shielding upgrades that can be applied to each body part to grant 25% resistance to Acid and Xray lasers respectively.

-Reduce the base effects of EMPs on augments to compensate for spammability, to the tune of 50% less damage than normal, and possibly add shielding components that can be added to each augmented body part to grant it 50% resistance (for example, if 2 EMPs can fuck you over now, it would take 4 at the new base amount, and 8 if you upgrade all your limbs with shielding.

-Reduce the time it takes to repair a limb once with welder/wires from roughly five seconds, to about 2. Potentially add Self-Repair matrix as a 5-per second healing upgrade for augs, which only affects mechanical limbs. This is partially to prevent stacking with chems/diseases, and partially to compensate for complete inability by augs to use chems. This way, a chemist cannot simply take cover for a few seconds with a chemical cocktail premium cigar and "god viruses" and benefit nearly as much from attrition.

-Make augs immune to cold, toxin (if they arent already), cellular, and fatigue damage. May need to add an implant that grants warmth, to remove reliance on medical for it, as well as one that provides the benefits of self-resp.

-Try to add three tiers of servos/hydraulics that increase base movement speed by 50%, 75%, and 100% respectively when applied to legs (technically via the groin region) with the final tier providing immunity to knockdowns, and increase punching damage by 100%, 200%, and 300% respectively, with the final tier providing knockdown effects when applied to arms (via the chest region). You have to swap these out when you want to upgrade them. This will hopefully put augs on roughly equal footing with Hulks, who cannot use ranged weapons or wear most forms of armor, while augs will retain that capability.

It has been like that for years, way before they even had 2 servers. There was a brief moment after the split where one of the servers was a bit slower since every roleplayer moved there, but the powergamers ruined that shit since it would be the backup server they'd migrate once they died in their main one. It was a bit funny to see a round going calm for 30 minutes and suddendly a bunch of people joining up, starting to cause a ruckus. If you checked the other server, yep. A bunch of dead guys.

It's one of the reasons I even stopped bothering with jobs there and I'm sure this happens to everyone.
You start with Geneticist for instance, and as soon as you finished getting all the powers, someone's already calling the shuttle to leave.
Or when you're almost done, there's Nuke Ops running around.
Or when you're just starting, the Wizard has shown up and the round ends up 10 minutes later.
I had these 3 things happen in succession, gave up Genetics after that and just played Janitor instead. Even Engineer seems like a dumb job when the initial SMES will likely hold out long enough for how much the round lasts.

If you're going to work on that, remember to include internal batteries that work mostly like the borgs (but instead of a port, you have to be shirtless and use a crowbar with the Help Intent)
An internal battery is crucial for balance since you can tweak power requirements for most extra powers you grant with augmentations, preventing them from being too good or too shit.
For instance, instead of giving a passive increase to speed that can be too high compared with other things or too low to bother with, it can be a "toggled mode" that runs on energy, making it valuable but not spammable.

Same thing for pretty much every other aug you might want to add like self regeneration, cloaking, laser eyes, skull cannon, etc.

>pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc
jesus christ, now I know what to avoid

I'll consider this for things like cloaking and internal energy weapons, but not for the more basic things like the regeneration, melee damage, and move speed, because of the way viruses, cigars, and genetics work. I'm giving augs some buffs that will compensate for most of what Medical can get basically unlimited amounts of that Science cannot already produce (and that they don't benefit from as augs). Speaking of internal energy weapons, I was thinking along the lines of combat implants like you find in TG nowadays, as wells as engineering toolsets and maybe even medical toolsets. This way you really can be the transhumanist swiss army knife of the station, saving belt and backpack space you'd normally have to spend on tools.

>>>/reddit/

Targeting system? Could help you hit that hotline-laden chemist a bit easier.

Maybe some ranged weapons with homing projectiles like the magic missle? Could have a ballistics-based weapon with finite ammo, and an energy one that draws from the internal battery, if I can manage to implement that.

I recall that some server, either /vg/ or Bay (but likely /vg/ took it from Bay) had a "hands up!" mode, where you could set it, click on someone and now you'll automatically shoot if they move. Dunno if it scored automatically or if it even simulated the projectile (unlikely if they wanted to actually hit all the time with that) but it's something that can be jury-rigged into a Targeting System.

Ballistics with homing doesn't make much sense, but it can be balanced over the energy one if it does more damage.
Honestly, having a sub-machinegun mounted on your arm or a shotgun coming out of your wrist would be pretty cool anyway.

Why stop there, when you could have a gattling gun come out of your arm?

On the note of the targeting mode, whether or not the shots hit depended on if the target was still in the path of the bullets by the time they got there. While a max-speed chemist might be able to dodge unguided bullets if he moved erratically enough in a more open space, the more he moves, the more bullets he has going down the hall. With homing energy projectiles, I would probably add a projectile that does fatigue damage in addition to a stun, since that will cause a slowing effect under sustained fire. Perhaps I will even add the option for guns to switch to a riot payload, doing all fatigue damage instead of lethal, though it wont knock down like beanbag slugs.

This game is garbage

ahah

>>>/reddit/

The Redditor here is you

Wanting to force your brand of degeneracy on the rest of the server isn't advocating for more realism. I'd argue that if you actually wanted a more realistic experience, you would be trying to get into lifeweb, not shitposting here because you arent being catered to.

Take your scat fetish and gb2 >>>/furry/

Attached: gtfo.jpg (283x447, 20.09K)

You have 3 posts on this thread.
The first one is from 3 days ago, where you were considering hosting a server.
Now you're defending shitting.
I'm sorry, no matter how good your server might be, connections from Europe/America to India would make it lag pretty bad.

t. literal shit slurping goon reject

Unironically kill yourself

Now I want to add an cheeky poo in loo joke somewhere for people to find and enjoy.

Make a Holla Forumsegana joke?

Attached: vegan a sauce.jpg (750x706, 46.89K)

funny the goons were the ones who effectively ended shit and piss in ss13 probably because this one guy would go around soloing the entire security staff ass naked by slipping them on shit and grabbing and dumping all their gear.

So what, they removed it because a griefer abused it so hard the salt started bursting blood vessels like popcorn. Is it not damning enough that they introduced it in the first place? It's funny only for the initial shock value that comes with "suddenly, shit everywhere" and for hilarious stupidity like the "honk honk butt" round, but it will inevitably be ruined by people with no regard for Rule 0 who will do it ad nauseum for no other reason than forcing their shitty, unfunny memes.

Hey we're one of the returning players. We noticed there's still no Lavaland and botany is still way behind. Can't coder take stuff from the others?

In theory, yes, but a lot of that stuff relies on nuTG, which iirc doesnt have much in the way of backwards compatability.

This is the fucking reason so much shit on /tg/ has been reverted/removed/locked behind busywork because people with your way of thinking run the codebase because god forbid you create something you may have to one day ban someone for. infact most of the cool ideas flowing into nutg shit is nerfed and fucked in the ass by a struggle session of antifun faggots like you before it ever even touches a test instance.

It's one thing to create something that someone may at some point abuse down the line, and another entirely to add a feature that was removed in the first place because of widespread abuse of it. I highly doubt that it was one person alone abusing the shit mechanic, otherwise, to their credit, the goons would probably have simply acted to remove the one or two people that ruined the fun for everyone else. That's not to suggest they arent petty enough to cut off their nose to spite their face, but that's my two cents on the matter.

Well I've already played what we had to offer for months on end and the new surgery system too. It's awful having to resort to Hippie for new content because their playerbase is so dogshit, we want to chill in low pop.

the original idea behind switching to nuTG was that we'd port old stuff to it rather than the other way around which isn't possible without a lot of work, but the userbase flipped a lid and dropped the serb. You can't even mention GitGud without raising a shitstorm, even though I suspect our current host is the same person with a new name.

you have clearly never experienced the goons then, goonstation mods are the same people who will quite literally delete the entirety of chemistry and leave open space behind a door for a round because one guy discovered a random secret club recipe the creation of which instantly alerts the admins and you will be interrogated.

Also can I still make Life chem

the goons are that protective about their metachems that are basically cheat powers that they used it as an excuse to not open their codebase. Some of the recipes are so goddamn esoteric that if you find them out, its a logical conclusion for the admins to think that there was some sort of info leak behind it.

I can't speak for any other volunteers, but I am going to have my hands full making improvements to Augmentation to bring it up to par with Genetics/Viro/Chemistry, as well as some cool shit for inter-department augmentation. Depending on how powerful late-game augs end up being, I may make some items for Security to assist in taking down augs.

Pic related is the captcha. My sides have achieved orbit

Attached: dickborg.png (222x94, 4.64K)

Do not add any speed boosts. Just make them as fast as normal human. Speed boosts are "I WIN" button in this game. Since combat is based on dodging and moving around, anyone with speed boost gains huge advantage, stronger then any other buff. Since augmentation is pretty simple and science is simple too, it does not have any RNG, having speed boost will make augmentation completely overpowered. You can't balance it without adding huge downsides. Any other speed boosts in this game are overpowered too. So we should not add any more.

They will be to begin with. They have to go through additional surgery to get any faster, and swap out the augments that add these boosts to get a better one. Surgery is a somewhat lengthy process, especially without help from other players, so it's not as if reaping the rewards of science will be an effortless process.

Chemicals are just as easy to work with and give all of the same benefits, if not more. The only real difference is that Chemistry requires slightly more math.

Can and will. In fact, the downsides of augmentation currently outweigh the benefits to the point that almost nobody does it. If anything, giving them the capability of getting a speed boost will help bring them up to par with how powerful Medbay is. Even then, I said I intend to add some specialized equipment for taking down augs.

Especially considering as a chemist I can make combat patches ready to go in 5 minutes if I'm tryharding or 800+u of black powder + delivery method in 10 (or less).

Triggered dorks detected

Attached: triggered.png (800x600, 661.79K)

The only other game with such a strong overbearing goon presence is EVE online. Goons take their code very seriously and they used to monitor servers, including ours, to check for stolen code.

Like Goons are ones to talk about stolen code. SS13 itself was stolen. That said, I kind of like Goon's mining system, and their space exploration system sounds pretty cool, though I havent had the interest to play there enough to try it out.

Attached: bait.jpg (600x600, 16.34K)

m-muh view count

kill on sight more like neuter on sight

sounds like if this goes well we could just scrap space ninja and replace it with a fully aug'd cyborg

I think certain viruses should give mutations rather than have their benefits act as a part of the virus itself. This'd have the twofold benefit of making it so that virus-regeneration won't disappear if the virus is cured and making it impossible to stack virus effects to break the game. Maybe make it so that you have to have the virus in your system for a certain amount of time, either until it cures itself and then applying a permanent mutation or disappearing and applying a mutation after the disease advances to the final stage.

Some of the more lethal and esoteric cybernetic implants should be syndie/antag only, or otherwise hard to get on the station or you'll have them become metagamer priority #1. If they are available to station crew, they should be prototypes with drawbacks that are more for situational or novelty use than as superpowers.

Make an arm augment that shoots cans of soda. It it hits the groin, it stuns for a short time and causes brute damage. You can refill the cans by vending them from soda machines.

This is not within the scope of what I intend to do. The point of buffing augmentation is to buff it, not add more trade-offs than there already are or nerf medical to compensate for the current shortfalls of augmentation.

Powergamer, not metagamer, and no they wouldn't. On top of the way surgery and self-surgery works, you kind of have to rely on multiple departments (or at least, what you can break in and nig from them) if you're a scientist, whereas Medical is almost entirely, if not totally, self-sustaining. Powergamer priority #1 is going to be on getting as powerful as possible in as little time as possible. Without help, augmentation will still be one of the slowest ways to achieve that goal. As a decently staffed department working together, on the other hand, Science will be on-par with other departments.

Can someone reset the round or something? There is nothing but mudering soft drink machines running around right now

Could always try to get an access card and call the shuttle, or blow up the consoles. I might come on later if that's still going on and do it, last time I did so it was fun. Same vending machines thing, too.

The shuttle just docked, alread ded though.
Doesn't help that I am new to this

Reading the wiki helps alot, and anybody on with any experience is generally very willing to teach so long as you ask with at least light RP.

This.

I've done every job on the station. What do you want to learn?

please explain

Attached: 1426129971205.jpg (380x247, 17.44K)

If it's just you then you can vote restart server yourself to save yourself from calling the shuttle

Space Asshole is the replacer for the background music you'd normally hear while floating in space.

Its ded jim.

Middle of the day. Folks are probably still at work.

Someone please implement gunshot detectors
I'm pleased to see the community isn't dead, however I'd like to playing with you niggers.

I hope it's at least in a good area and not the praries or maritime provinces.

Hey now, don't badmouth the maritimes.
I got stuck on the Island in BC and I cannot stand the people I'm around. I almost wish a fucking pack of wolves would rip me apart before I allahu ackbar myself in town.

Polite sage.

BC is a hideous place and needs to fall off into the Pacific, never to be seen again.

I can't explain why there's a grand allure here or why I've returned to this damn province.

It's my first time accessing any sort of internet device in over a month and I have to say, I miss this hateful spew that everyone here produces. I can't find likeminded people without mouthbreathing, otherwise I would create enemies in an instant, and landing a job might be nice.

Still, I hope you guys have fun. I was somewhat hopeful there'd be some further development on some of the SS13 or SS14 remakes (Unitystation) without the community losing interesting or shitting itself in fury.

The general would probably have shit itself if there was any progress being made. Feels fucking bad, man.

Server keeps dropping connections and has been doing it off and on the last day or so. Can go about 5-10 minutes before being disconned, sometimes having to wait upwards of 6+min to reconnect.

Bad feels..

You said it. It's worse than the skin peeling loneliness I live with day in, day out.

I gotta pick up coding and make my own autistic space simulator or maybe go full Uncle Ted and fucking leave the Island before people realize I'm a masked asshole.
Time for spessmen, men. I'm gonna be a shitter to this jew. Goddamn does it ever feel good to vent to someone or anyone for the first time in a month.

You just missed a great round. Lord Singuloth+Singulo beacon+Memeshard = Audiable keks

Time for a new thread, cunts.

Everything seems to be working.
Still have a bunch of testing to do though.

Attached: Bioengineering.webm (894x560, 830.64K)

BASED
A
S
E
D