Italian vidya

So I'm in the process of writing a novel that takes place in Italy, more specifically Florence. I'm no starbucks faggot and am 90% done with it. I will need to revisit it, though, and since I'm going to play video games in my off time no matter what, I'd like it to help me get at least somewhat acquainted with the country I'm writing about. Though, I have to mention I have done the obvious thing and travelled to Florence. Twice.
So, what I'm asking for is either straight up Italian vidya, or vidya that has a quality Italian dub. For reference, I've been playing Bloodborne with Italian dub and it's been a fun experience.
And yes, obviously I know about the only good game in the Asscreed franchise.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=rHVGrpF_cH8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mario brothers

Tomb Raider 2
Also tell us why you think a videogame will help your novel, or how accurate Asscreed is to Florence unless you want this to turn into a standard "games set in X place" thread.

I don't expect video games to help per se, if only because I'm nearly done. It's just that I'm going to play video games anyway, and I might as well play Italian ones.
As for the accuracy of Asscreed 2, basically the map is fucking tiny and reproduces only the greatest monuments, and not that accurately. The Ponte Vecchio is portrayed as flat when it's got a curve to it, and the Campanile is portrayed as taller than the dome itself. Both are bullshit.

Call of Salveenee
MarĂ² Slug
that other doom mod whose name I keep on forgetting
Also some PnC adventure games that literally nobody bought
Other than that the gaming tech industry in Italy is focused on cracking games

Italy is having its election today. So today might be a good time to pop over to Holla Forums and discuss the various political groups, their histories, and the traditions, etc if you arent familiar with them

Literally every time an European country that isn't Britain goes through any major political change there's like a hundred burgers trying to fit in by posting dank memes yet they have to be spoonfed every single damn time to the point where it's faster to just go to local same-language or European boards than trying to get them to understand anything.
t. pastanigger

Pop over to >>/ita/ i'm sure they'll be happy to help.

Good god I got to get back into playing this

It is any good ? There doesn't seem to be any playable demo.

Actually I thought about that but figured they wouldn't tolerate no Italian speaking mongrel.

Fuck no, it's a terrible game in Unreal Engine.
But it will immerse you in the Italian life more than any other shitty canadian version of Florence.

Hey guys I'm just about finished writing a book about discrete mathematics. I've never actually had any math higher than algebra though so any tips would be appreciated.
xo

Use Latex and put arrows randomly, most math grads can't tell the difference.

rephrase everything from greek to hebrew letters and watch the world burn

no, it's a shitty meme cashgrab

The mod is Grezzo2, there is also Super Botte e Bamba II Turbo, which is a MUGEN fightan by the same devs
But if you aren't italian you wont get anything of the humor, and that's the entire point of the games
**I also met the two devs, they wanted to do something a bit more complex at first, but they didn't have enough time to learn how to code
They are pretty ok guys though**

CTRL+C CTRL+V other books and add many illustrations under the guise of "pedagogy".

I'd like to add this for the theme of italian games.

next time without italy

hooktube.com/watch?v=rHVGrpF_cH8
this was made in Italy, an OK fighting game plagued by somewhat childish humor and costant references

Forgot to embed it

I should probably mention that, while the english dub of Bloodborne just calls you "good hunter" no matter what, the italian dub goes the extra mile and calls you either "buon cacciatore" or "brava cacciatrice" depending of the sex of your character.

Next, switching to dubbing, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver was one of the best dubbed game in italian, both in the quality of the translation and the voice, one could even argue that it was superior to the original

Are you looking for anything geographical? I would suggest pirating CK2 and playing as a independent duchy in italy such as milan or (((venice))) or even as the Lombards if you want to have a throwback

We actually have pretty good dubbing teams, since we are used to dub everything
also, I will never stop laughing at this

Nice, just what I was looking for. Grazie, user.

(checked)
It's all taking place in Florence so the Italian unification is fairly irrelevant as far as the novel is concerned. Not to mention it's alternate history starting from 1789. 100% nigger free though.

post the legend of spyro dubs

Rather than anything actually involved in the text or the context of that image, the thing I want to know is why there's an ear on his collar.

Well if you're interested in it the papal mechanics are kinda cool except that you can't play as them if you wanted to try out high medieval circa 1400 as the Duchy of Pisa, which holds Florence as a de jure county and you can play as a feudal lord or a merchant republic

As if the whole world doesn't comment on American political affairs despite not knowing shit about American politics.

Alright then, without revealing the source, know that he got his twin brother killed,and his commanding officer made him this special collar so his crazy ass could even process orders.

but that's German made

Alpha Protocol has a section set in Rome.

Real Italian people not wops.

SOMEONE STOLE MEH SPEGETT

If you don't know anything about Italy or Florence before even to start writing the book, I'm sure it'g going to be shit.

GTA San Andreas

you mean wahs?

someone's gonna get mad at me for posting this

OP, you should look for vidya with black protagonists as Italians are black.

Your book will suck dick by the looks of it.
Go play Spiderman 2

Not even Twitter or Jewtube are in this dead fad anymore, that's how cancerous you are.

Smh tbh.

Grim Fandango had its moments too.

I F I F L I P T H E P I Z Z A M I S T E R A Z E E Z W I L L F L I P O U T

Niggers have always been part of the Italian life. Ever heard of Sardinia? They like their christmas ornaments darker than usual.

I remember when I could freeze those fags right at the moment when they dance.

Check out Masquerada-Songs and Shadow. It's a fantasy/rennaisance version of Medici florence and venice.

Oh I also forgot to mention, Ruspa League

For shame

What you wanna do is playing Hogs of War with the Italian localization. They basically swapped Chinese with italians, dubbed them with accurate regional dialect representation and stereotypes. For instance the pig from Naples is lazy, the one from Turin scared and so on. The other nations are also dubbed and stereotyped.
It comes out two times funnier and I used to play the shit out of it as a child.

Goddamn I almost forgot about this

Patrician tastes, they also replaced the Chinkanese team which was made out of really cringe-worthy jokes. I can't recall but did they at least have a character who'd go "honorable" everything?