Games that shouldn’t get a reboot

If God of war gets could get rebooted as a Walking simulator. How badly will modern game Devs fuck up a sly cooper reboot?

source on God of War being a walking sim.

I want to make carmelita my wife.

If you wanted how would a Super Mario reboot look like, just visit Grant Kirkhope's twitter.

Ah, the wonders of early 2000’s entry level furryism. A time of furry formation unseen since the 80’s. But then, for ever kid who’s peepee got hard watching Gadget in the 80’s there were at least five who were playing Sonic Adventure 2 or Star Fox Adventures or Sly Cooper.

Inb4 thread derails into a brown bricks thread

Different gadget you ninny.

have you not seen any of the promo footage for the new one?

Sly would make a pretty good feminization target :thinking:

You’d have to tame her foxy ways and make her submit to your dick first.

The Sly Cooper movie got cancelled after Ratchet & Clank bombed, but now they're doing a tv show from the studio that does Sonic Boom. So there probably will be a new Sly game. Hopefully it's not a reboot though since 4 ended on a cliffhanger. 4 was new devs and was still great. Just way too easy.

With all the attention A Hat in Time got, I never heard many people talking about how it plays almost exactly like Sly Cooper. And it was good, too. Hopefully with that game's success it gets a sequel that has more content. And hopefully at least someone at Sony noticed that it was very much like Sly, and that encourages them to make more actual Sly games as well.

That could actually be pretty good.

*done by
Don't know how I fucked that up.

Do not incite such a thing,please,this has the potential to be a wholesome thread.

ALL OF THEM

THANK YOU JESUS!!
WHO USED THE MONKEY PAW?

Ignore this man , do incite such a thing.

Reboots make no damn sense. Who thinks it's a good idea to take a series that already has an established fanbase of people who love it, then erase all the things people loved, make it blander, and change pretty much everything besides a few characters names so it's unrecognizable. How is that meant to appeal to anyone?

I'm still upset by the Turok reboot.

Why?

Why would you be that upset about a Sly movie? It seems like it would make a great movie. Hell, Sly 2 is pretty much just furry Oceans 11. The tv format could work even better, though, if done right. The actual games are broken up into episodes and everything. Or just make it so each episode is like a mission, but each mission is for a specific thing to move that particular arc forward, just like how the games work. And Sonic Boom is a pretty decent show. Definitely the best Sonic show there is.

A reboot can make sense if the franchise is already dead or waning, and there are a lot of ideas that have accumulated since the first entry that you can now incorporate into a remake of that first entry. But I personally like it best when they still leave a way to keep all the previous stuff at least sorta canon. Like how DC Comics always does it. They've "rebooted" five times since 1985, but once you get into it you realize that actually everything ever is still canon.

Or for a less autistic example, the Ratchet & Clank "reboot" establishes that the Ratchet & Clank movie is actually a movie in-universe, and the game based on the movie (seemingly a reboot) is actually Captain Qwark (shortly after the events of the original game) saying that the movie got it wrong, and telling the "real" story. But Captain Qwark is a goddamn liar so the game isn't the real story either, the original game is still the real story. Meanwhile, it gives an excuse to do a remake of the original game with all the improved mechanics of the sequels. Too bad they removed a bunch of the best levels and replaced them with shitty levels. But that's just an issue of modern level design being shit, it has nothing to do with reboots.

/thread