Favorite Easter Eggs

Post them.

I'm not a Halo fan but I absolutely love the easter eggs they put into their games. I find impossible-to-discover ones like the Megg fascinating.

Skulls were a shitty meme that didn't even exist in Halo 2

What? They were in halo 2

Nobody even mentioned skulls
Are you retarded

I love semi-hidden rooms with pictures of the devs and stuff. PoP Sands of time hid it in the remake of the original game you had to find within the normal game too.

Oh fuck, that game. I genuinely liked the remake and wanted more of it, but no, they had to turn it into Borderlands with blatantly nods respectfully dialogue.

Sage because I'd like to actually contribute to this thread but nothing comes to me right now.

These days easter eggs just sort of piss me off because I mostly see them in big open world games and they feel like secret content that was cut halfway through development, just left in to blue ball the community and let theory channels on youtube jerk off over what it could mean
Rockstar games are fucking rife with it in particular

Nioh has some rather nice hidden in plain sight easter eggs in the form of Dev revenants. Many of them have either funny names and causes of death or are references to other Tecmo games. And as an added bonus all of them drop special equipmentto one degree or another on death. I wish I had more examples.

There's a revenant in one of the levels whose cause of death is "Drowned" even though the water only comes up to your feet. I think it was the rainy mountain level.

The Marathon easter eggs are great too.

There's also one in a side cave in the area right before bat bitch that has a cause of death listed as "Froze to Death".

Do special unlockable characters count, because I still love playing as him after unlocking him.

"That's a nice doomed space marine". Who gets the reference?

I like the part where he says bazinga haha

reddit

I only say this because I found it. I rarely, if ever, find easter eggs myself, so coming across this entirely by myself was a nice moment.

Its from Mankind Divided, not a very good game.

Remarkable what two shitposting Twitter accounts can achieve.

The PS2 version of LCS changed the message to "You just can't get enough of this alley can you?" while the mobile version just brought back the GTA3 message.

That's beautiful.

In the Dragon Quest 3 remake on Super Nintendo there's a hidden lake on the eastern continent where you can do a sort of honest lumberjack event. I can't seem to find any evidence of this actually existing on the internet but believe me it's there.

LOL XDDD randum AF TBH mi famiglia LMAO but well-played fur shur ;))) :P

You might say that together they could show the world what they could do

"You are in a computer game, Adam." Funny as hell, it was the most terrible thing I could think of.

My favorite easter eggs are Dopefish and in LucasArts games Max. The slightly lewd ones in Shadow Warrior were pretty good too.

Is that easter egg referring to some shitty comic?

I don't know, I'm at a loss towards it's meaning.

Yep.

TREBLINKA

You not from around here, are you?

It was in the original Duke 3D. What's your problem? Maybe you are the newfags if all you've thought about was the remakes.

No you fucking idiot, we all know it's from the original Duke 3D. It's just that the way says it sounds like he's a Redditor. Like

Even better in VCS.
I also like the minigolf course in GTA IV with past GTA landmarks.

Theres no fucking way. This is too abstract to be connected.

Runes of Loss are practically mainstream user

Reminder that Loss is normalfag territory now. Not only does it have a KYM page, but I also believe Pewdiepie did a video about it. Move on to the next meme, folks. It's dead, Jim.

You are correct, user.
the problem is that Pewdiepie is a cuckchanner, so he's referenced a lot of things, even Baneposting.

Baneposting went mainstream a year ago, lad. Tom Hardy and William Shatner banepost.

You act like that's surprising
That shit's been around for about half a goddamn decade and for a good chunk of that time baneposters would never shut the fuck up

Really makes you think

lots of morbid stuff hidden in these games

Yes because there's zero chance this has more to do with a KDR he had in a game or something then the amount of jews made in lampshades. These people are fucking insane.

I just ordered 6 million of them.

Haha toplol, do you know the "Eat shit and die" reference too? Upboated!

But user, don't you see his "White Power" hand sign? Anyone who makes that hand sign is a white supremacist nazi.
This is what leftists actually believe.
Do what you want 'cause a nazi is free, you are a nazi.

But user, it has the secret white supremacist hand symbol that those trustworthy fellows at the anti-defamation league told me about

The best skull they removed, sputnik was the best skull in Halo 2

That's not really an easter egg considering you have to literally edit the game files to see it. Pretty funny that they left it in the unused files though.

Also, shoutouts to Iji for being absolutely, ridiculously full of easter eggs. From the "references to all the creator's other games" Sector Z, to the super-secret logbook rooms with some clarifications on a few story elements, quotes from VAs and beta testers, and the Annihilator action figure, to the Scrambler and all of the crazy alternate dialog you can get from it, including the story of the Missile Pony, to the literal easter egg, and of course, the ultimate super-duper-crazy final secret that literally breaks the game when you use it: The Null Driver.

Pics please? DQ3 is my favorite game, though I've only played the original and gba versions. Even a location relative to a landmark or town would do.

On that note Max Payne 1 is pretty full of easter eggs and 2 has a memorial for some dude who died during development in it.

I feel like getting an achievement for spotting an easter egg is missing the point, especially if the game is a collectathon.

Easter eggs are supposed to be stuff you find for a laugh or a surprise, not something that counts towards Xbox points or an achievement percentage.

Those Scots make good Easter eggs.

What the fuck, I didn't know GTA devs were from Scotland, I thought it was an American series.

You'd be surprised how many games set in the US actually come from Europe.
DICE, the Battlefield devs, are Swedish, the NuWolfenstein guys are also Swedish (but is that really a surprise?), Until Dawn's devs are English, Burnout's devs are English, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more games coming out of Europe these days than the US.

The fuck is wrong with those people

Interestingly it leads to a mission in San Andreas where you're told to kill a 'grass' instead of a more American term (I guess snitch or rat?).

A shockingly large number of major racing games are made by bong devs for whatever reason.

Here's where it's at and as far as I'm aware it's only in the SFC remake.

56%

>>>/4chan/

I found the American!

nah this meme is trash

Just report and filter the Holla Forums goon you fucking morons.

Well, making engines was one of their fortes this word applies both ways
What a nigger

Don't forget about FarCry 5 and nu-Ghost Recon

one eyed monks rule

Fuck yeah, boss! Thanks! This finally gives me a reason to play the worst version of the game.

Source?

Wow, I thought he was /ourguy/.

Nowadays those would all be lootbox rewards.

I don't think anyone's made an entire room as a lootbox reward yet but feel free to prove me wrong and ruin my day.

I seriously hate it when someone explains a joke. Especially if it's an inside joke that very few should really know about.

Baneposting is still incomprehensible to most normalfags. All you're saying is that brothers have been able to initiate Hardy and Shatner, which isn't surprising, since Hardy is at the center of about 40% of baneposting, and Shatner has been into this type of nerd shit for decades. Shatner is far from a normalfag. Now if only we could get Aiden Gillen. He has made vague references that indicate he's aware of it, but nothing that seems he's supportive of it.

Every Spyro and Ratchet & Clank game since Spyro 2 includes easter egg references to character designer Dan Johnson. They began incredibly subtle, like pictures of him on some coins in one level of Spyro 2, but after he died in 2006, the references became much more explicit. By Into the Nexus, the last Ratchet game before the reboot, the last level is a Museum of Heroes, and at the very end there's a whole room dedicated to him. It's only a little off to the side, barely hidden at all, but it's still nice.

From what I've read Aiden seems to think Baneposting is about making fun of them/the movie. You would think that after all these years he would realize that's not the case.

Thankfully, all of those reports are unconfirmed. It seems like it's mostly just people trying to make baneposters hotheaded.

I share your sentiments. KYM has been doing this for almost a decade now and it really ruins the fun.

It's making fun of the movie by revealing CIA is the best part of it.

The dinosaurs in Postal 2: Paradise Lost are fucking awesome

KYM needs to fucking die

Unrelated to everything, but why isn't the event that killed all the dinosaurs called the dinoshoah?

What's wrong with Cretaceous-Paleogene Extinction Event?
I know you're baiting a "because the dinosaur's extinction actually happened" reply. You're not subtle.

I wasn't, but I did expect it once I posted it.

Having a KYM page should be the official criteria for declaring a joke dead.

You fucker that would've been great.

In Mega Man X, at the bottom of the slope that the first cart goes down in Armored Armadillo's stage, there's a single bat enemy that's different from the others. Instead of the MMX style Batton Bone, it's Wily's style of Batton, suggesting that it may have survived since 20XX. Because you would normally be on the cart when it appears, it normally doesn't activate until it's already about to leave the screen, and it's unlikely that a player would notice it on their first playthrough. It has a high chance of dropping an extra life, and can be easily farmed for them if you jump off of the cart.

This is also in the level that has the secret move that can only be earned if you do a tricky one way jump multiple times, which means killing yourself and doing it again and again, so the easy extra lives come in handy.

That's not how you unlock it. You just collect the energy capsule at the end of the level 3 times.

Well fuck. That's how I learned it as a kid and I've been doing it wrong and wasting my effort for 25 years.

I'll probably get shit for it but Spec Ops: The Line had pretty good Easter eggs strewn about the game. Both easy to find, and some being somewhat obscure.

The biggest one few people figured out is the screen flashes/fades white when Walker is hallucinating. When Walker an heroes himself or when he's killed by the American soldiers who are there to rescue him the screen fades to black. If killed by the American soldiers he has a flashback dialogue to Afghanistan talking to Konrad about finally going home. Konrad tells him he'll never go home. The best he can hope for is to die and find peace.

If you choose the good ending the screen fades white before he leaves Dubai with the soldiers; establishing the only way out of Dubai for Walker is to die.

Think positively, atleast you are good at making the jump now.

For the oldest of us.

I found Dopefish in a game released last year called Jydge, it's pretty nice how it's lasted so long.

just checking the get

Id still like to know how wesker got that picture and why he was hiding it in his desk.

How do you get it?

Its not photoshop my man.

I mean at the neck, it looks like they pasted Rebecca's head over a stock photo.

Oh, yeah its clear it was a shoddy job, homever it is a legit thing in the game, you have to search wesker's desk enough times for it to pop up.

I'm inclined to agree. It's the worst possible thing to happen and officially grinds it into the ground.

I loved the secret monsters in Monster Rancher

The list goes on and the series was JUST underground enough that the game secrets never went mainstream.

Is there a new influx of newfags? Did Holla Forums get mentioned somewhere?

What was this one about?

Dinosaurs.

At this point, I think I'd rather have a poster who knows nothing of Loss, Ctrl+Alt+Delete, or LOL than someone who does.

Every thread.

>believing the (((dinosaurs))) went extinct

Don't fall for (((their))) lies

deep analysis of the modern vidya industry, damn brings a tear to my eye ;(

I completely missed that because I beat the game in one sitting.

interesting, isn't it

In Baldur's Gate II there's a painting of the cast of the D&D cartoon in the back of a shop. If you inspect it, it says it's believed that they were killed by Tiamat.

Despite Borderlands 2 being kinda shitty, I really liked the LoTR easter egg.

That guy's voice doesn't really fit his thumbnails.

HOLY SHIT
My fucking sides.

He doesn't want to associate withchans because he cares too much still about his reputation on the internet. It's more important to him than say, saving his country from total shitfest.

I miss silly shit like this.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (392x265 13.35 KB, 65.02K)

Did you ever find it yet?

No, jewdiekike is not in any capacity “our guy”, nor is he redpilled.

You will live to see levels of baneposting beyond your comprehension.

Attached: The Telegraph.png (1151x765 572.72 KB, 397.71K)

Tom Hardy isn't that difficult to believe and Shatner shitposts on Holla Forums all the time.

Related: While the Gant Bridge is obviously based on the Golden Gate Bridge, the two other bridges linking San Fierro and Tierra Robada in GTA San Andreas are modelled after these two bridges over the Firth of Forth in Scotland.

Attached: Forth Bridges.jpeg (1600x871, 187.36K)

This one that was revealed recently.

Attached: 3ae737a79c5d9b9b5f6648729ad752eec542d9a2178ada39d1ad47fc8beddad1.jpg (1200x675, 47.83K)

No, because it is the most powerful "bare minimum" gun you can give the player to get shit done.

Not really an easter egg as it was almost impossible not to find, but the Japanese campaign of Red Alert 3 allowed you to raze the studio of EA Los Angeles (i.e., the devs). One of your soldier even gleefully notes that they can no longer dirty the markets with their filth, which was rather ironic given that they later (were forced) to bring out Tiberian Twilight

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1280x960, 2.28M)

Growing up, I loved weird development scraps left in N64 games. Goldeneye especially had some neat ones.

In the original Ratchet & Clank, if you stand in front of the girl in Blackwater City who activates the Hoverboard Race, then start flipping left and right, her boobs will grow.

Attached: 22fc75266ae792319ef9709239005881c90dcd54e340ce991634db572272ce2c.jpg (215x234, 4.78K)

At the time, certain members of the team were a little wound up. We were working very long hours. Now, the powers that be at Viacom New Media told us at the beginning of the project that we did not have to make a good product – “It will sell simply based on the strength of the license.” Back in the 90s, that was the way quite a few licensed games got made, and many titles were reviled for their poor quality. The team, on the other hand, had quite different ideas. We already had a history of making good games based on licenses, and we did not want to spend a year of our lives on something that was just churned out. We wanted to make a great adventure game, a game that would do justice to the genre AND the license. Many of us decided to put in the extra hours, to go the extra mile, to squeeze a much more polished game into the limited time and budget we were given.
>the powers that be at Viacom New Media told us at the beginning of the project that we did not have to make a good product – “It will sell simply based on the strength of the license.”
Holy shit, that explains a lot regarding licensed games.

Attached: =T.png (427x459, 395.28K)

I don't think it's something that ever needed saying, nor do I think anybody ever had any doubt that the generally shite state of licensed and tie-in games was because of suits pulling the strings. Having said that, it is nice to get out of the horse's mouth.

I saw a video a while ago where he was literally going through webms in a thread on cuckchan.