Spec Ops is overrated

Metal Gear did Spec Ops' entire shtick without being retarded about it and also while being an actual good game, 15 years in advance.

With Subtlety, without blatantly forcing you to kill innocents, and without “oh wow, look how terrible you are” being the sole gimmick of the entire game. In fact, it’s such a minuscule moment that most people don’t even remember it, besides the famous “you enjoy all the killing, That’s Why” quote (similar to MGS4′s reveal that Ocelot was fakin the whole time). Snake was betrayed by his best friend, the Govt had a nuke on the way, and there’s literally no objective for Snake or the Player. All was lost. The only thing that made Snake continue was you, the player.

Just end your life, you precious little ninny. Maybe they'll teach you some critical thinking in heaven.

It's pretentious as shit and got us more hipsters and walking simulator games.

ironic. Also if you're referring to the Paper's Please thread, that wasn't me but I agree with the other posters. If Spec Ops was good in any way, you'd be able to at least TRY to disprove my post. Though you obviously can't.

I always got the impression that Spec Ops' writing was just slapped on at the last minute by some assblasted hipster who knew the game would bomb and just wanted to wipe his ass on it one last time as some kind of impotent display that he totally didn't even want it to do well.

"Spec Ops is a good game because WAR IS BAD. GET IT?? IT'S IRONIC"

Anything is better than Kojima's overrated schlock.
Kill yourself kojicuck.

Weird way to spell movie.

0/10

stop it

Not only a Kojimbo cocksucker, but with ultra-shit taste.

hating Kojima wont make Spec Ops a good game

I'm not a huge fan of Kojima's games. But at least they aren't bottom of the barrel derivative 3rd person shooter shit. MGS5 is a mess of a game, but at least he took some chances with the game play. Did some new things. For better or worse.
Spec Ops is vanilla as it gets. With a story even more pretentious than the farce Kojima laughingly calls a narrative. Because at least Kojima's nonsense is interesting. Spec Ops is just rehash and ripoff all the way to the bank.

If it hadn't had the entire gaming press fawning over it in an attempt to legitimize their pathetic profession it wouldn't even be remembered today. It's the definition of forgettable.

Someone must really have rustled your jimmies. Sadly, no one here wants to gently pat your ass to make the butthurt go away.

I think you're the triggered one here.

D-Do you see what thread you're posting in?
like, your entire post fits YOUR description far better than anyone else's

Any game that forces you to be violent to continue to try and teach you that violence and war is bad and the developers should feel bad.

Spec Ops had that cool "descent into madness" vibe to it, with Walker becoming increasingly broken as the game goes on. Hallucinations, psychotic breaks, more gruesome kill animations. Everything else was secondary.

Max Payne

Wew, Spec Ops Financial Flatline will never be a good game, regardless of your opinion on Kojima.

A far better game than Spec Ops, but I'd say that Spec Ops does the mental degradation better. Story, cutscenes etc. are better in MP though. I'm talking mostly about Walker's visual change over the game, his kill animations becoming more violent, his speech.

in their defence, I compare it to MGS in the OP.

Though there, I explain that Spec Ops' entire gimmick was like less than 1% of MGS, which Kojima probably did on accident, so them shitting on Kojima and his creativity is probably more telling of their opinions on Spec Ops than Kojima

Fuck off.

The story was really good imho. The problems were elsewhere (mediocre gameplay, pointless MP)

Did anyone also feel incredibly asshurt when cole phelps was demoted to Arson for committing adultery with german junkie whore?

Are you john walker who instead of following orders went on a glory quest to be just like his idol?
The game didn't criticize the player, but the character of walker player controlled, it was also in THIRD PERSON PERSPECTIVE further disassociating player from pretending to be walker, but alas, basic story in a mediocre way is too much for average journalist, cuckchan refugee and redditor all suffering greatly from microcephaly. And needing to make a thread about a 6 years old game.

It teaches you that trying to be like your idols isn't necessary a good idea, neither is ignoring simple orders to follow your dreams