Emulation General - Comix Zone edition

Is anything apart from Breath of the Wild playable on Cemu without skips or audio bugs?

What have you been emulating?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/mogCr
archive.is/wOSJn
archive.is/iScef
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=240489890
github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/game-compatibility/issues?page=3&q=is:issue is:open ltcg&utf8=✓),
youtube.com/watch?v=DQZGw_o4g9k&list=PL4PD8cV5ypNDPTJbrol7A-5rvuteHWWYj
a0t.co/2018/02/2852
mgba.io/2018/03/09/holy-grail-bugs-revisited/
gbatemp.net/threads/guide-ps3-4-82-cfw-installation-for-dummies.491117/
forum.fobby.net/index.php?t=msg&th=1357&start=0&
forums.libretro.com/t/cannot-redefine-some-parallel-mupen64plus-controls/12646/8
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5dr4ip/having_so_many_problems_with_retroarch/
romhacking.net/hacks/3913/
emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Emulation_General_Wiki
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1731#issuecomment-376011514
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I made a shell script to select a random ROM from a given ROM folder and run it
setlocal EnableDelayedExpansionset count=0for /f "delims=" %%a in ('dir /b *.zip') do @( set filename[!count!]=%%a set /a count = count + 1)set /a choose = (%random% * 32768 + %random%) %% countset chosen=!filename[%choose%]!echo %chosen%pauseC:\[PATH TO EMULATOR].exe "%chosen%"
To modify for a particular romset, add the proper ROM extension after ".zip" in line 3 separated by a comma. If all your ROMs are zipped though it should just werk

So what do you guys think of MelonDS? I have tried it a bit with Pokemon HGSS and it renders the world better than DesMuMe, but suffers a bit on performance with with hardware threading enabled.

Cemu 1.10.0d plays Xenoblade X better than the original hardware, at higher resolution too.
It's the only game from shitu I ever cared about, so I dunno about others. Maybe later versions work as well, dunno about that too,

That's pretty cool,shame i'd have no idea how to use it.

no bugs or gamebreaking glitches whatsoever?
Does the game have an uncensoring patch now?

I've been meaning to play Chronicles and X. How does Chronicles emulate?
Is there an uncensored English version of X?

I have no use for it right now and I'm on loonix, but it's neat.

Nope, it's perfectly playable and finishable. I don't remember shit hanging or breaking on said version.
On previous ones some quests would hang the game, but not 1.10.0d.
For sound volumes issue there is a mod I downloaded somewhere that makes all sound to be on the same level eliminating issue with giant dinosaurs DRINKING TOO FUCKING LOUD because how game's files were.
It had uncensor/undub patch for the longest time, I think it was a thing before cemu so you could play uncensored version on your cracked wiiu actually. Or maybe even on uncracked one I dunno, I don't have a wiiu.
Fixes for pre-rendered movies and unlocking online content came later and are available if you look for them.

Good? I think? I played it years ago on some ancient version of Dolphin and it werked fine.
I mean it also was locked at 30, but otherwise it werked fine. I didn't like it and dropped several hours in, so I dunno if it can be finished. It should be.
It even has HD-textures pack, so it gotta werk.

Do you have a link for that? The only stuff I can find is behind an forum account link.

Mind giving a link to all of that stuff? Or maybe make a quick "guide"?

Oh and obviously you need to download shader cache. It goes without saying, but knowing how Holla Forums is I guess I mention it.

Nyaa has it.

Last time I made huge thread spoonfeeding everything about XBX I was laughed out and saged to death because of muh censorblade despite uncensored version being right fucking there.
I'm still salty.
Fuck you Holla Forums

With an image like that you should have been banned permanently

Wew. Maybe people laughed at you because of the image resolution. It's pretty hard to read. Why didn't you just upload it as a PDF?
Thanks user, I appreciate the effort.
So if I get your posts correctly, you can get a more current version of the undubbed version that has fixed the lipsync or at least has the online content?

That's too bad.
Was that your OP? It's a big OP. Maybe its size and the enthusiasm about the game rubbed the average Holla Forumsgoer the wrong way.

Is citra at all good yet?

this webm is a good reminder to play the game on a crt instead

Ask in 2025.
If WWIII doesn't happen by then.

It's meh, the wiki is a fucking joke, the upcoming performance update looks pretty damn good though

CRTs are a meme and nothing else. Sega genesis needs TV signal distortion to smooth hard lines into gradients so if you are using a high end CRT you are fucked.

Played a bit of pokemon platinum on MelonDS.
MelonDS looks noticeably better than Desmume, especially in motion but also runs worse than desmume. I can't get 60FPS in the city after I got my pokewatch in MelonDS whereas I can fast forward to 300% speed on interpreter in Desmume.
Waiting for that JIT in MelonDS.

Anyone on here have more experience with such things and wants to undub with the newest version and upload it? Or at least guide me in how to do it?

Meant to reply to

Just download one on the nyaa torrents.
What are even the differences?

The nyaa one is a previous version I believe. It has less undubbing issues. I would do it soe others could enjoy it but I don't know how.

Do you have changelog or some shit?
They only issue with that one was lack of lipsync, and I highly doubt you can fix that by simply replacing files.

Where did you get the latest patch from?

I got them from here.
archive.is/mogCr
archive.is/wOSJn
I hear very different things so i don't know if there really is a difference or not.

All that rocket science makes my head hurt.
If you're good goy, go on ahead, buy jap version, buy eng version, buy fucking wiiu, do all that fuckery and play uncensored product you paid for twice and spent potentially hours fucking around.

Or just download a goddamn torrent and emulate shit.
If there are major differences between undubs we'd know them by now.
There was minor bug in the very beginning of the game where MC arrives to NLA and part of chairman's speech is in english.
I aint fucking with patchers and shit to just fix that.

That's the problem. I can't into it, although I tried.
Oh well, unless someone does end up making a version/ helping me I guess I'll just download the nyaa version.

So i'm trying out Citra with New Super Mario Bros. 2 and for some fucking reason the game is slow as fuck during gameplay using the latest Nightly build but smooth as butter (100% speed at nearly all times) with the Canary build.
Any idea why? The Canary build doesn't seem to have an updater sadly, so I have to download new builds manually but that might fuck shit up.

Nightly is the latest build from the Master branch
Canary is builds from a totally experimental branch
Currently there's a PR that gets you insane performance improvements all around in Canary but not in Nightlies yet.

I see, thanks for the explanation.

Best place to get games for ps2 emulator?
I cant find any on my usual torrent sites.
Trying to find jack and daxter 1&2.

The ISO Zone.

emuparadise

Could you stop mentioning websites with roms/isos?
I don't want to search for new ones after they get DMCA'd.

Thanks mates.

Can Gamecube controller vibration work on any N64 emulator? I could never get it to work, startpage is giving me nothing

you could probably use an xinput wrapper to simulate an xinput controller and use the motors through that.
Rumble works in both PJ64 and Mupen64plus last I checked but I've only used an xinput controller.

SOON™

That PR just got merged in nightlies too

Any bluetooth dongles recommendations for wii controllers or are those even still needed?

Pick up any dongle which is supported by dolphin for passthrough

YES

Seriously? This looked like unplayable shit just a few weeks ago. I hope they can keep up the progress.

Soon the OG hardware fags will be nowhere to be seen when CXBX manages to run games like this and MWC better than an actual exbawks.

I wonder who will reach the finishing line first
archive.is/iScef

Found the underage b& faggot.

Microsoft will most likely
It'll be trash.

Godspeed Cxbx

no, we'll still be here reminding you of your inferior experience that is still inaccurate and for that reason shit. Enjoy your 15 year old scraps though. I played those games when you were still in diapers.

And I thought this day couldn't get any better

That's true, Cxbx seems like the better deal

what?

Is that JSRF that everyone creams their pants too? That looks like garbage especially the non existent physics and momentum.

I'll try, thanks.

I'll be playing Steel Battalion at more than 480p for free on a platform it wasn't intended to be.
I'll be able to play it long after the OG hardware is kiked by the (((Collector Community))).
I'll be able to play it without the need for a 700 dollars controller.
Stay eternally mad

But if you do get that controller there are ways to get it to work on PC fairly easily.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=240489890

Impressive. Very nice.

Accordig to the devs if they really wanted they could hack together a build that runs JSRF close to how it runs on consoles in a couple day, they just won't do it because they're trying to rid CXBX of all the hacks i accumulated over it's life so hacking shit until one game runs kinda goes against that and to be fair they got more games booting in a year that any other CXBX fork over 14 years.so they have some idea of what they're doing

That's here it gets interesting, running higher res is 100% trivial and barely beaks 3D at all (where it works to begin with that is) the thing is 2D elements are broken by that, HUD and menus get tucked into the upper left corner at native res but I don't think that's really hard to fix considering how fucking ghetto the high res hack currently is.
As for the framerate part, you can't really go the "emulate a faster CPU" approach because that breaks stuff on real hardware even if it would be trivial (CXBX literally just intercepts some timer calls to make it look like your CPU is running at 733Mhz when it doesn't because it runs code natively and doing so at full speed would break everything) but I dunno how cache quantity and RAM quantity factors in considering those could dramatically improve performance and it probably isn't hard for CXBX to make use of either and both actually have an impact on the real thing

Any and all game that use LTCG, that includes Ninja Gaiden Black and many other stuff people would wanna play (github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/game-compatibility/issues?page=3&q=is:issue is:open ltcg&utf8=✓), will require the devs porting back a LLE backend for graphical emulation, meaning whatever it takes to get most of the rest running you can add a year to it and it's likely gonna be slower and less hack friendly

Try playing it first, faggot.

t. kiked hardware cuck

how embarrassing

What the fuck settings do I need to use on PCSX2 to run Nocturne decently? Using anything that's not software mode makes the walls transparent for some reason, but using software mode is so disgustingly ugly it makes my eyes bleed.

Use a recent dev build, Nocturne and the DDS games run really well now and that particular glitch got fixed.

That reminds me, does anyone have a link to that site where the most recent dev builds are always linked to?

They are right there on the PCSX2 site

wew, emufags need to grow thicker skin

wew lad time to trim that neckbeard

Only neckbeard manchilds flaunt the chink plastic covering their toys.

hownewareyou

I wish Goons were executed.

Good to know.

Trying to play Metroid Prime Trilogy on Dolphin 5.0-6428, and a couple of issues come up;

1. The emulated IR movement isn't translating well to my mouse, since I have to fight with it to get away from the center of the screen.
2. When I do get to start up the original Metroid Prime, the screen does some sort of weird flickering that looks like someone positioned their 3DS emulator screens adjacent to each other. Plus some annoying slowdown.

What I wanna know is how to fix this garbage.

What are you even talking about?

Drop the trilogy and get the GameCube releases of 1 and 2 along with hacks that make them playable with a mouse

Yeah, where do I start looking for those? lol

Crimson Skies HRTR on PC eventually? I though cxbx was neverever.

This playlist is good to follow progress being made, as unimpressive as it looks it's more than anything CXBX related ever achieved.
youtube.com/watch?v=DQZGw_o4g9k&list=PL4PD8cV5ypNDPTJbrol7A-5rvuteHWWYj

As for Crimson Skies, it's fucking broken as hell right now.

So Ghideon Zhi of Aeon Genesis got off from his ass and decided to release not 1 but 5 translated gundam action games on the SNES.
Haven't played any of them myself but I guess its kind of notable as its been almost 3 years since Aeon Genesis released anything.

Speaking of fan translation
a0t.co/2018/02/2852
tl;dr
>Tales of TL team
>Leader is a corporate discksucker of the highest degree
>nukes all of his progress for no discernible reason
>does so on his own without any input from all the other people who worked on it

What a fucking idiot.

That faggot needs to kill himself.

Someone was saying a little while ago that the guy was going to chicken out since he showed jack all updates since forever until he did a random stream on twitch. What bullshit though, "maybe if I act butthurt and remove all of my content maybe Bamco will hire me", stupid fuck.

What the fuck is he even shilling though, that's what gets me. He waits until there's a fucking dry spell in tales games to go HURR YU GUISE NEE TWO SUPOR'H DA TALES GAEMS DESE TRANSLAHONS ARE TAYKEN MUNNEY AHWAI FRUM BAMCO NAMDAI.

He'll probably blame "Drump" or something.

They're Gundam games published by Bandai. Ie they're incredibly average.

what the fuck?
what a slimy motherfucker. I'm surprised the others who worked on it haven't reamed him for it yet

>opengl freezes within seconds to minutes of starting the game mesa bug to be fair
wew, pcsx2 is barely maintained at this point and dolphin is still making it look good

Just pirate the HD version nigger

You'd actually be surprised but running the NGC version at high res in dolphin is less ressource intensive than playing the actual PC HD version and outside of the HD texture pack exclusive to the PC version it looks the same pretty much

GC version is still capped at 30 fps for the whole game and isn't in true widescreen.

Dolphin has a widescreen hack and there's a Wii version.

Playing the Wii version is more resource intensive than just playing the PC version.

I never actually tried but it wouldn't surprise to see that capcom fucked it up that bad, I mean they managed to make a Okami port that uses up more CPU than emulating the PS3 version of the game.

what do you mean?
The HD port absolutely runs better than just emulating the Wii version on Dolphin even at 60FPS.

Last I tried the PC version was more demanding than Dolphin playing the NGC version, I never specifically tried the Wii one but I don't think it's that much more demanding.

News:
Medusa emulator is now suspended.
mgba.io/2018/03/09/holy-grail-bugs-revisited/
Reasons for that are in last paragraph.
That means MelonDS is last new DS emulator still in development.

It's getting there slowly and steadily

Sorry to be a spoonfag but does RPCS3 emulate Yakuza 3-5 well?

Not yet

Just play the OG PC version

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1600x1548, 764.14K)

Yakuza 4 runs close to 30 fps according to the vid, still needs a lot of work.

So some new optimizations got merged in Citra canary.
Pic related is MonHun Generations on a i5 6500 and a 750ti with the 3D Features on.
If I disable the 3D feature the FPS shoots up to 90+.

Attached: citra-qt_2018-03-11_13-47-30.png (1102x728, 983.94K)

And Mario 3D Land is still laggy.

???

Attached: citra-qt_2018-03-11_14-06-50.png (553x728, 393.39K)

You make me wonder how well it'd work on my R7 and a Vega64. There are a few 3DS games I'd like to see in higher resolution.

just give up

I was afraid of that response. Even using Vulkan? Ryzen gets way closer in IPC to Skylake and can clock decent enough.

Citra is OpenGL only. I was partially memeing though. You will see performance increase with the latest updates but it isn't going to be close to an Nvidia equivalent.

Is Citra not hot garbage yet? How about RPCS3?

Don't get my hopes up like that, user. Now I'm depressed and have to install Linux for better PCSX2 OGL performance.

Oh shit SMT4 is actually playable now

I just want to emulate ufc undisputed3, I hope I will live to see that day

Wow Citra actually works now. Neat.

Damn, that's some nice progress. Looks a whole lot better than just pushing out melty geometry.

any homebrew ps3 guide for retards?

gbatemp.net/threads/guide-ps3-4-82-cfw-installation-for-dummies.491117/

Attached: banned.gif (500x244, 867.24K)

Like hell it is.

Attached: 05e8192356faca7ee032126a56f1fce769ac144714f44850ca952ad8e0f62ba9.png (389x386, 189.34K)

Works fine on my computer.
You are using canary version, aren't you?

Is there a ROM version of HGSS that DOESN’T fucking break? It’s the only game I’ve been unable to play, ever. It always, inevitably, glitches out and becomes unplayable (not just the save, the ROM itself). Either immediately after the first city or within a few hours of beginning, depending on the file I’ve found.

good lord!

Attached: 07_06.jpg (508x894, 62.72K)

What’s the fucking point of even HAVING image searchers?

it's cropped, if that makes you feel better

If you are using desmume then you are out of luck.
Main dev has obelisk sized hateboner for everything pokemon.
He even sabotaged wi-fi support from his butthurt.

That seems incorrect. I used desmume for every other main line Pokémon game that the DS can play, and they were all flawless. It’s just HGSS that has never worked for me. Admittedly, it has been almost a decade since the last time I used the program; has he now purposely added blockers for Pokémon games to it? And damn, I remember the old Wi-Fi add-on for it. Sad to see it was discontinued.

Not exactly, but when you will go to desmume forums then you will understand what I am talking about.

I remember that HGSS had very harsh anti-piracy measures.
These were reduced it for BW games.

Tried Senran Kagura Burst on one of the Citra nightlies last week and the audio and frames weren't garbage. Might finally be able to start the series instead of jumping straight into Versus.

Attached: 1445889061223.jpg (640x800, 97.29K)

Versus is an unrelated story/universe despite sharing all the same characters, from what I remember.

apart from the graphical glitches it runs pretty well.

That's not what I meant.

Attached: 1512599726.jpg (444x468, 45.11K)

Then explain it better next time.

I mean the game is shit you subhuman moron.

So the new GPU update for Citra gives you a HUGE boost of performance on pretty much every game but it doesn't work with ATI card or integrated GPUs yet, and I have an ATI card.

Have you actually tried it yourself? The increase for AMD cards is less than the Nvidia equivalents but its still there.

I said that it doesn't work because it gives me tons of fucked up graphical glitches making the games unplayable.

never ever

Attached: Cxbx_2018-03-14_21-09-40.png (656x538, 483.55K)

It's not a very good game anyway - shame because the first 3 were great and it could have been too.
When it finally gets emulated there are going to be a LOT of disappointed people.

Is Mednafen Saturn any good

Obscenely shit taste

Yes. I've been able to play pretty much anything I've thrown at it.

Your shit taste is off the charts

It's very demanding (think 3rd gen desktop i5) and not perfect quite yet but it's still probably the best right now for a plug n play experience, runs pretty much everything I threw at it
Here's the known issues thread just so you know what to expect.
forum.fobby.net/index.php?t=msg&th=1357&start=0&

Yes

It's notorious for being a gigantic letdown, especially after Zwei. Your noobishness is showing, the 2 of you. For shame.

God to see cxbx making progress, hope they don't end up like cemu.

Attached: cxbx reloaded.webm (480x360, 15.98M)

the reply you're posting to is literally what cemu did. learn to read the thread. it's a custom hacked up build to just one literally one game. They're doing it for reddit karma

just to play literally one game*

You should learn to read the thread yourself.
I merely mentioned that the author mentioned they could just hack up a build of CXBXR to get JSRF running well and nothing else, but that's not what they're doing and instead current progress is from them actually cleaning up the emulator of current hacks .

The complete opposite actually.
They have been removing hacks from the emulator and some games run worse than they used to but a lot more have started booting.

Attached: lg.jpg (1397x990 174.68 KB, 228.71K)

Normal looks the best.

only because lcd looks like shit.

Using a random junky USB pad with 6 actual face buttons in RetroArch. Works fine on emulators with an actual, sane input config GUI, and on other cores for

Attached: retroarch-logo-300x611.png (1000x1000 7.9 KB, 41K)

Contrarian niggers, both of you.

I'm trying to get Tokyo Jungle to run on RPCS3 but my FPS drop immediately from 60 to 9 when I get past the title screen and select any of the modes. I've tried every recommended setting to no avail. I'm using OpenGL by the way.

Attached: 1338372616779.gif (385x610, 19.98K)

Specs?

Yeah I remap buttons for N64 in RetroArch as well, though it's only a half measure, it still doesn't feel right unless you have a proper N64 controller. N64 emulation still needs work in many areas though so mostly I stick to other systems like PS1 on RetroArch.

You should be using Vulkan if your GPU supports it and you have the driver installed.

wangblows 7 64-bit
i3 540 3.07ghz
4gb RAM
AMD R5200

I don't have it installed neither am I sure my GPU supports it.

There is no such thing, the closest that exists would be the A6-5200 notebook processor, or the ancient Athlon 5200+ CPU. The 5000 series of GPUs only went as low as the 5400 series.

The oldest line of AMD GPUs that support Vulkan are the 7000 series chips (anything using Graphics Core Next architecture).

So Citra is apparently usable now?

My bad, I fucked up. Read it as r5 200.

Oh there you go, well that should support Vulkan then. When you install the driver package from AMD's website it will include the Vulkan runtime. In "add or remove programs" you should see it listed if you have it installed currently.

Jeez, even with the dumb RetroPad thing, it's not as if it'd kill em to add an option that would throw C-down & C-left onto some spare buttons I could remap like R3 & L3, so I wouldn't have to map analog directions to buttons.

Built quality on Nintendo's pads always kinda sucked, buttons were a little wobbly and the stick's tension was too low even before it invariably wore down. The only part I thought to be a clear win was the D-pad.

For some games.
Stuff like Ace attorney and Monhun 3U, 4U still run too slow

Oops, spoke too soon, there's an option to do exactly this, "Independent C-Button Controls", but only in the abandoned ParaLLEl core, NOT in the actively maintained Mupen64Plus core, thanks to the developer's autistic attachment to Virtual Console's N64 controller mappings:
forums.libretro.com/t/cannot-redefine-some-parallel-mupen64plus-controls/12646/8

Why are my fucking weebshit games portraying women accurately?

RCPS3 is making progress, still slow as fuck on most games though. But so was CEMU at first on my rig so I'm confident it's more or less just an optimization problem that can be fixed

Attached: RCPS3.png (1920x1080, 3.08M)

what framerates are you getting and whats your CPU?

Is there a better gba emulator for linux than mGBA? I just lost 6 hours of game play and a shiny in a pokemon rom hack and I'm fucking livid. before you ask mGBA did save before correctly multiple times before this.

Nope
stop relying on savestates and always close it through the menus. If you're using it through retroarch then enable SRAM autosave intervals.

I'll keep the menu thing in mind. I used one save state right around the time where I have my last save so maybe that has something to do with it? This wouldn't be so painful if the rom hack I was playing didn't detect cheating Pokemon clover locks you out of the game altogether right before the hall of fame if you cheat in any way. Other wise I would just hack in like 80 rare candys to get back where I last was quickly.

Damn, so something like Star Fox 3D won't work.

game saves are stored with save states by default to prevent corruption.

Reading a bit more about the issue, to see if there were any fixes in the offing, I stumbled on some weapons-grade autism.

I had always sort of assumed RetroArch's authors were Linux Amish CLI users, who simply through together the laughable XMB-ripoff UI as something for console homebrew runtimes, and never got around to making a WIMP frontend simply because they don't care about graphical anything, and nobody who can program cares that much either.

Never in a million years would I have imagined it's the result of Nintoddler autists who actually DID THIS ON PURPOSE:
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5dr4ip/having_so_many_problems_with_retroarch/

Attached: autism.jpg (567x561, 56.86K)

Jesus Christ.

Attached: laffy_the_hedgerabbit.jpg (251x189, 6.04K)

Skylake i7/GTX 970
Getting ~10 fps constantly. Not even 20. And yes, I am using the Vulkan renderer. I was excited to jump right in because they fixed the transparency issues on RDR and gave it a slight performance boost. It's not much but it is progress. Still not playable on most systems. The lighting is also still fucked

Holy fuck, I didn't know they were this stupid.
I feel like these devs are underaged b& that don't understand that consoles were instant on after the game was selected, not that you have to dick around with stuff.

.>>you have to fucking load a core before you can open the game by navigating a billion menus
No you don't.

You do for ISO/cue/bin files unless you only play PSX games. It's not like the usual romfiles that it can load a core based on extension.

You still don't.
Just like every other thing it asks a core if you load a rom, you never have to load a core then load a rom manually, not since 0.98 or something.

Hm. I haven't used RetroArch in a while because I suffered from this problem, I wonder if I have an oldass version. Also I don't think beetle-psx has support for NeGCon so I can't race with it.

Looks like that got added.

romhacking.net/hacks/3913/
This is pretty neat. The guy has been making hacks to fix resolutions in Sega Saturn games before this. I can't read russian but I am assuming he has made a similar hack for Symphony of the Night and Grandia which aren't hosted on romhacking but on his blog.

Attached: alundra widescreen.gif (640x480, 174.37K)

Any tips on how to get a consistent framerate on this toaster?

Attached: 2018-03-18-002458_1280x800_scrot.png (1280x800 1.3 MB, 146K)

By buying PS4 and MHW?

if I could afford myself such luxuries, do you really think I'd be keeping this hunk of junk?

Is Vita3K still being worked on?
Is Breath of the Wild still unplayable without a gtx1080? What about Xenoblade?

Awww yeah XFCE

Unfortunately, you're pretty much boned with that hardware. At least 5th gen and down should be good though.

As a last resort, you can try running Retroarch WITHOUT xwindows running. That might give you 4-5 more FPS

I'm using pure PPSSPP from their website. And for some reason I can't change the resolution from 2xPSP anymore.

Attached: 2018-03-18-031743_1280x800_scrot.png (1280x800, 315.07K)

On Linux, is PCSX good emulator? I just want to know if disk switch works well, before i'l actually play anything.

Attached: PCSX.jpeg (205x198, 14.53K)

emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Emulation_General_Wiki

PCSX is pretty much dead and PCSXR-PGXP is windows only.
Stick to mednafen.

I had the same problem with the newest version of the android version. I just opened a different game and suddenly I had the option. I guess it is kind of buggy in the newest versions.

Attached: 1388805149734.jpg (542x419, 22.66K)

I don't know of any other. Do tell me of a better source if you have one.

I imagine its possible to write a batch file that does a similar thing?

You are such a fucking newfag.
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

You're looking at it user.

Any actually working modded apk for Drastic DS Emulator? Or should I just suck up and use RetroArch?

Even with the GPU Shader using the latest Canary build released today? Are you trying to run the game at some ridiculous resolution like 9x?

If your phone is rooted, just get Lucky Patcher and try messing around with it. That's how I got it to work.

I tried a bunch of shit and nothing works. I don't get this Lucky Patcher shit. What happened to modded apks just working?

Big question here. I want to play late 90s games for PC, but of course it doesn't work that easily. Whats the best way to make it work? I can try and make individual games work, but that means a lot of effort and little portability. I'm talking mostly games made for Windows 95-NT5

Here's a powershell script
#!/bin/shrom=$(find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -iname '*.zip' -print0 | awk 'BEGIN { srand(); RS = "\0" } { f[i++] = $0 } END { print f[int(rand() * i)] }')emu="whatever the fuck""$emu" "$rom"

sed -i '$ s/.+/exec \0/' rom.sh

Virtual machines

Any 3Dfx game should work with nGlide installed on modern devices or running a modified version of Dosbox with nGlide support.

Works on my phone.

Oh! but it didn't work for when I tried it as a *.bat. When it didn't work I looked up "shell script" and it said it was unix so I just assumed.

Also, seems it just doesn't work with my NES emulator. Works fine with SNES9X, I guess I shouldn't have been so presumptuous. also I left the bat in the same location as the executable not in the folder with the roms

Attached: my ignorance makes me sad .gif (500x281, 455.74K)

In descending order of workability:
0) Make sure there isn't a rerelease or updated port.
1) Check the PC Gaming Wiki article for the game, a surprising number of titles work flawlessly on modern Windows with really simple fixes, and a lot more can work okay if you feel like bothering with more involved mods.
2) If this is strictly about Win ME and down games, PCem is the go-to emulator, though you'll need a full copy of vintage Windows to install. If it's Win 3.x and earlier, DOSBox is much more convenient. If you're too lazy, get a prepackaged emulator/game distribution, either purchased from GoG or /scurv/'d.
3) Like said, even a slightly older version of Windows, like 7 or XP, can bridge the gap, and may better take advantage of your hardware.
4) Install Linux and try WINE, seriously. Doesn't always work, but it fills in some surprisingly large compatibility gaps.

In a related question, where can I pirate foreign PS4 games? Nothing has anything not NTSC-U, not even the English version of Gundam Breaker 3.

Tried PSNDL and downloadps4games?

Wait, you can do that?

PS4 is cracked wide open. Piracy, homebrew, Linux with full drivers, early emulators already underway, etc.

That's something I guess, still it only has like two good games.

Attached: pull.jpg (594x985, 60.47K)

>Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza 0, Yakuza 6, Monster Hunter World, Bloodborne, Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5, Last Guardian, Disgaea 5 unless you have a swtich
I mean if you are going to troll a thread by trying to push consul war at least put some effort into it.

Man, 8th gen is such shit. I miss onlyonconsole.com so much, it was the perfect rebuttal to the console wars. I've been meaning to at least re-do the Holla Forums wiki's tables so console exclusives are easier to sort out.

Console wars is even more shit on account of the fact that 8th gen is so unimpressive. If people genuinely where passionate about their pet system like back when kids would fight over SNES vs Genesis then I could see some fun in milking that cow. Instead its just used as a reason to shit up otherwise good threads about the few rare good titles.

Yep. Neither has it. Pirating non-English releases (especially those with English releases even if said release was horribly butchered) is generally harder than English releases, but I've never had a situation where I could find every English game EXCEPT the Asian English only stuff.

Putting the release code on whatever search enginehas surprisingly good results, but you're gonna have to trudge through shitty filehosts and dead torrents for a while.
If you don't know the release code try Gamefaqs.

i remember last year how someone in these threads told that next year we will see a perfect running jsrf. He also talked about some fuck ups within the emu dev scene, sjw and shit like this.

turns out he was for real! Someone remember too or screencaped his post?

Does anybody know where I can find a Super Mario Sunshine rom (north american)? Nintendo has gone apeshit with DMCAs. It's weird because they don't seem to be going after N64 roms at all

Attached: 1435184073230.png (640x640, 553.02K)

/ipfs/QmdaTbfRokm469M9hUKhPsFQx4Vb28LATkhrh9DzG1YoaA

Checks out

I was playing the first Seiken Densetsu on my PSP, and got damn close to the end when I was an idiot and cracked the screen. I was playing on MasterBoy, which uses .sav files, so I tried moving the saves onto my laptop so I could continue playing there, but MasterBoy doesn't have a PC build, and I don't know what other emulators might support the same save files. Please tell me I don't have to play the whole fucking game again. I liked it, but not enough to do a second playthrough immediately just to do the last dungeon.

Attached: serveimage.png (1000x1000, 1002.92K)

fuck, I forgot to actually ask my question.

Are there any GB emulators for PC that use the same .sav files as MasterBoy on PSP?

lemonparty.com

I'm playing this, it's not bad. I wish the translation was fixed up more however.

Attached: SMT2Poster.jpg (2405x3600, 1.44M)

VisualBoyAdvance.

Fug

You sure? I know VBA also uses the .sav extension, but I think they might still be different kinds of files. I downloaded VBA and tried loading in a save through file browser and it couldn't see the saves I'd transferred from MasterBoy

Already tried that. I've had to find lots of non-English games that way, but even that isn't working.

How goes OG xbox emulation? What's the current state of it?

Attached: xbox.jpg (1200x552, 74.85K)

It's finally here.

that's pretty cool but call me when this shit has this game properly emulated

Attached: Phantom_Crash_ntsc.jpg (3207x2145, 2.03M)

they're pulling a cemu so you can play a meme game like jsrf but nothing else.

You were already told you're an illiterate retard when you said that earlier.

the devs themselves said it. Enjoy your cemu2 for 15 year old games everyone else has played.

Feel free to give a source to that claim.

how much are you donating to him on patreon?

there is no goalposts, just how much are you donating?

where are you from that you think this is a thing that matters?

We're waiting for that source.

Attached: jAyHtSV.jpg (395x578, 670.63K)

the rallying call of desperation

Mad that your hardware cuckery is becoming more obsolete?

what? I'd love it if there was a working xbox emulator. There isn't and now there likely won't be for some time.

source is in the embed

right so and aren't dedicated builds for just one game. Totally not a CEMU in action. Totally 100%. Go boot up otogi 2 and tell me how this new build of cxbx handles it.

How much of a dumb nigger are you?
Everyone knows Otogi can't run yet, fucktard.

glad you agree it's just a hacked together build going off track to play one meme game. hey who knows maybe you can play as shrek in jsrf soon ;)

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1846x1212, 241.72K)

thank god an emulator dead for 10 years with one developer tinkering with it once every few months for those 10 years wouldn't observe the success of another emulator team and immediately hop onto that opportunity to get a few meme games running.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (929x708, 314.01K)

CEMUs use of Patreon is no different than Dolphin relying on donations. WiiU emulation came about as fast as it did because the WiiU is literally using the same 750cl core as the Wii and Gamecube. For the GPU side they're just relying on programmable shaders

Your retarded ramblings are dulling Occam's Razor. The other user is right. We're waiting for that evidence

cemu team also has access to leaked documentation on the wii u's hardware, so they sort of had a cheat sheet to go off of. Go boot otogi 2 and tell me how cxbx works. or hey, go run blood wake, a launch game should be a joke, right?

you're a bit of a chump, you know that?

There is a strong incentive to drag everything out and make 10,000,000 promises that X (feature/game) will be supported "some time soon we promise" with "it coming after the sun implodes the potential" for it come faster if sheep users cough up and keep on doing as motivation™. For an example see nearly any patreon "game".

There is no evidence this is the case. I'm starting to think your warped view of the world is just a bunch of conjecture user.

Again, the WiiU uses the same core as the Wii. In addition, WiiU titles have no access to main memory. So CEMU devs don't even have to emulate the MMU. Something Dolphin Devs had to spend 10+ years perfecting. CEMU devs just need to emulate API calls to the WiiUs CafeOS

Attached: fun_fact.jpg (720x708, 45.09K)

*no direct access to main memory

Not to mention many games coming with debug symbols still in them, make it much easier to do an emulator if you know what the game is trying to do.

go play some blood wake, lets see how this build totally isn't a desperation bid for patreonbux that can only run one game.

Exzap said it was purely because of Patreon bux that he doesn't want to make it open source. He claims he will eventually when emulation on the part of Team CEMU has slowed down and the patreon bux stop flowing

Does that make him a faggot? Yes, yes it does, but that's not the point

right, so when nintendo can no longer pursue action against them. That documentation leak totally didn't happen in 2014

I don't reacall documents leaking in 2014 user. But I do know documents related to Nintendos GX graphics API was leaked back in 2007. Didn't help anyone though. Interesting read

Probably referring to the SDK

But we have SDKs leaked of numerous consoles. Several Dolphin Dev Kits were leaked. PS4 Dev Kits are out in the wild. Several 3DS dev kits also leaked And not every SDK falls into a retaded Redditors hands who is going to throw the guts out. They rarely help emulation progress.

just rare enough that an emulator sprung up shortly after, became a patreon project, and hid releasing its source.

It is not "Load". It is import -> battery file. That said just put the .sav file where the game is and with the same file name.

Also go to Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Flash 128K

It does look good for a 3DS game though.

Attached: citra-qt_2018-03-21_21-57-58.png (1366x728, 1.62M)

What is it with Citra?
The canary builds are great but the nightlies are barebones. Why even have nightlies?

Are people legit trigger by Cemu being closed source or they are just jewtendo shills?

I think most people don't care, user. As long as it's actively being worked on, it doesn't mater if it's open source or not. Obviously it'll be harder to make plugins though.

The only most legitimate objections to closed-source are:
1) Non-Windows ports are rare, non-80x86 (i.e.: ARM for phones) ports rarer still.
2) If the dev fucks off, they almost never pass the project to someone else first or open source it. Even worse if they have a bout of moralfaggotry.
3) Many closed-source devs are tight-lipped about docs, which hurts the overall state of emulation and hacking for the platform. This last one's the weakest, since closed-source emulators worth caring about are usually miles ahead of anyone else

Never underestimate Freedardism user. They don't run on logic, they run on ideology. Richard Stallman is basically the king of politicizing software

Is this a console thing, or a nip thing? How many western-developed console games are there with hard FPS caps/physics syncs?

almost everything that is on consoles

I dont have a vita so I'm trying to get corpse party to run on an android emulator but It just gets stuck on initializing? I've got the obb file in the right place and the corpse party game reads as a bit over 700MB so it seems like it installed properly.

Attached: corpseparty.JPG (1266x718, 44.27K)

Corpse Party has a PSP and PC versions, you know?

Emulating Android phones is a major pain in the ass.
Try another emulator, it might just work despite the other not working, just make sure you uninstall the first one, android emulator have extremely bad interaction between each other.

Not Blood Drive

Tried 3 already, not sure what else to do

Have you made sure to uninstall them entirely between two tries, some android emulator will prevent each other from working properly.
Have you tried another source for your .apk and .obb?
Have you made 100% sure

I assume you're going off pic related for your problem?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1085x121, 44.35K)

Really?

Oh boy, finally some Drakengard 3 with not shit framerate SOON™.

Cry more, Saturn nigger. Orta is easily the second best game in the series.

Don't say n*gger. That's racist!

lynch yourself nigger

Attached: 1372977241181.jpg (340x565, 35.72K)

So I'm trying to emulate baten kaitos but when I try to look at my deck from the menu my frames drop way to low. Any thing I can do about this?

github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1731#issuecomment-376011514

lol