ITT Vaporware that you were hyped for

ITT Vaporware that you were hyped for.

Other urls found in this thread:

lunar-software.com
archive.fo/3LtPE
mobiusdigitalgames.com/blog
youtube.com/watch?v=vPMr0joaE6A
google.com/search?q=cyberpunk 2077&client=firefox-b-1-ab&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKpumkm9HZAhUQ22MKHaI3CJ0Q_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=988
dsogaming.com/articles/the-2001-unreal-engine-version-of-duke-nukem-forever-was-90-complete-had-rpg-and-horror-elements/
store.steampowered.com/app/412020/Metro_Exodus/
web.archive.org/web/20090609170343/http://www.croteam.com/
archive.is/F84iR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bannerlord? More like vaporlord!
LOL

Have the Chinese ever done anything good for this planet, or for humanity in general?

Honestly Chinese are the worst. Someone might hate jews or nigs but fucking Chinks are both of those combined. They are as greedy as jews but as dumb as the worst niggers.They ruin everything from videogames, to movies. Look at their fucking shit hole of a country.

It was pretty fucking popular user, definitely the most popular Arena shooter to be released since UT3 and on top of that it was only in fucking Pre-Alpha without single penny spent advertising it.
Of course it can't compete with the 1.5 billion chinks that play Fortnite though.

But that is still being developed just with the SW stuff taken out.
Here is a gif.

Meant Webm, whatever.

They exist solely to keep labor and manufacturing cheap for the rest of the planet

If Xi continues his destructive policies while also continuing his power grab, we might see China become USSR 2.0 in our lifetime and become dissolute. Get hype

I don't think it ever touched quake lives numbers of like 700 players

BITCOIN MINERS AND F2P P2W GAMES HERE WE COME

Is that supposed to be a good thing? The careless waste of the Earth's resources in the goal of saving dollars? Think of the the fuel it takes to ship those goods user. China is a blot upon the planet: a malignant and lethal cyst that must be drained before the host dies.

They spread the knowhow of gunpowder to Europe, but that's about it.

China cannot sustain itself like this for very long anyways. China has one of the lowest GDPs per capita on the planet. Its wealth is an illusion created by an artificially inflated PPP to keep their masses working for cheap to keep foreign powers buying. China is fucked once Gorbechev 2.0 steps up and caves in on the slave race's desire for higher standards of living. China is fucked if foreign powers stop buying from them. China is fucked if they have to export their worthless money as its value domestically will drop. That's why they want to keep Xi in power. They know having someone else step up is too big a risk, but they'll have too eventually.

Not even user. For instance, the Friar Roger Bacon came up with a recipe independent of China. Gunpowder probably came to Europe from, who else, the Mongols.

Unironically Mother 4

Eh, well, shit, I stand corrected. God bless the Finns.

Ay lmao

Hey, remember me?
lunar-software.com

people still care about HL3?

The Duke Nukem Forever we should have gotten.

Six Days in Fallujah

Don't even care about FPSs but it seem like a really interesting project

it's going to be dated before it even comes out

Why do you guys even care at this point? I absolutely detest videogames now I wish I had something else to do, anything is better than playing games or browsing Holla Forums. I feel trapped, someone kill me.

Watch a movie or read a book, it's not hard, goddamn.

Try visiting >>>/cyoa/ or >>>/cow/ if you wanna waste a few hours on some fun stuff.

Turn off that goddamn computer.

maybe DNF was always doomed

What the fuck is this shit. Each of the ut04 races were decent, each race was distinct from the other. Then UT3 made them all look like gears of war shit. Now it's devolved into Lolbreakers tier.

Damnit…it still hurts.

The concept art was great.

How is UT killed? I thought servers are still up?

That looks like shit.

A large scale Fantasy RTS after SupCom? Man that sounds great. Too bad Age of Empires Online killed GPG.

I thought this was the most bizarre decision that GPG and chris taylor made.
People love his games for the awesome robot aesthetics and robotic future warfare designs, so what does he do? Make a game about fantasy warfare involving no future and no robots. Even after demigod which literally nobody bought.

At least it was rankin

You are my Friend!

Cirno Racing

Reminder that Epic would not have been in this position if CuntyB hadn't fucked them up.

he was a man of passion kay

It just needed to be on Steam for the fags that insist on only using it.

if only…..

At least I didn't donate to the kikestarter.

I feel you

It would only work in instanced segmented areas like total war but with dungeons.

But China is going to siphon the life out of Africa to avoid this fate and prop up their house of cards. They already have a military base in Djbouti. Will jews force burger into world war 3 to rescue niggers from chinks?

They'll soon find out like Europe of old that Africa has nothing to offer and everything to take.

Would have been rad if they kept this art style, never tried to modernize the gameplay, never threw out any assets, just kept adding levels and secret areas, and eventually released an ungodly huge 90's shooter in 2011. I think it turned out this whole trailer was faked though, but it's fun to imagine 3DRealms were something more than retarded fat losers.

I don't think you know what vaporware means

Care to elaborate, mong?

Kingdom Hearts III

a game that is released and playable isn't vaporware and neither is a game that hasn't been announced

the correct term for UT is abandonware

End of Nations

Mega Man Legends 3.

Europe was cursed with that Western altruism that made them try to bring civilization and education to the rest of the world. That's why they fucking failed in Africa, because they cannot be civilized or educated.

The bug people of China do not give one single fuck about the condition of the natives. They're there to extract resources.

This. The fucking thing would have been finished by summer of 2015, but for some reason, the faggy ass devs got too ambitious and wanted to add more shit and then they got DMCA'd and I don't even want to play it anymore. Absolutely pathetic how that turned out.

They didn't get DMCA'd they changed it into a original IP out of fear of getting one even though the Mother series is officially over.

Fuck off Totalbiscuit
You are the idiot from last thread saying Halo and Lawbreakers were Arena shooters weren't you?

Vaporware means it just stops getting updates and never comes out. MML3 was officially cancelled.

The original Prey 2 and Starcraft Ghost

Still doesn't remove the fact that these are one of the worst fucking devs in terms of time management and not only that, the lack of updates is amazing too.

I still believe.

Well they did switch to different engines before deciding to make their own from scratch. You can look back at their blog and see that they were spending time programming useless shit like thought bubbles. They could've got their game done on time if the devs weren't so autistic.

Wew even worse. I think their twitter is still alive just retweeting art but I haven't check in ages although my hope is minimal for this game to be done.

You're right. The Japanese fan MML3 project with no updates is a much better example.

I checked their twitter and they are still retweeting fanart. Their last real update was back in November 2017. They said that they are busy removing all of the Mother references and that they lead composer has left the team. archive.fo/3LtPE
My guess is that they are afraid of releasing their game because people are going to compare it to Undertale.

Sucks that he's selling the soundtrack but piracy exists. At this point this is better dead than alive.

It will never stop hurting.

Why did you have to remind me. I was just getting it out of my mind and you had to bring it back up. Damn it I just wanted a new arena shooter with some actual money behind it that isn't another Quake/CPMA clone

Oh shit, good times.
At least the puzzle game he released is kinda fun with friends, when it doesn't crash.

Does it count as vaporware if it consistently gets updates? Because MMX Corrupted has a serious feature creep problem and it's been in development for 9 years. This game is NOT coming out.

Fuck, I was excited for the game.

I'd rather have the RPG though. The game looked interesting even though it was an overly-ambitious project made by a self-centered autist and looked like an RPG Maker Game at best.

Then maybe you should fuck off you whingy little cunt.

>tfw all of the assets were transferred to Sanic 06

I just wanted a spoopy space game that isn't complete ass.

WA 4.0

Outer Wilds went into full development awhile ago.
The team's most recent update was yesterday, for God's sake. Or early February, I don't know if they use a DD/MM system or a MM/DD one.
mobiusdigitalgames.com/blog

It's still in development

Didn't Killing Floor have a custom map based on this map?

Fucking hell, I watched this game since the day it was greenlit I'm surprised people still remember it. I hate devs that can't live up to their shit. I was really looking forward to being scared but there's so many off shoots of this type of game now that it won't matter if it's released. Oh well

They did in ancient china when they had a decent culture and the general populace didn't act like subhumans and jews. Most were dirt-farmers and peasants with a small group of wealthy families with all the power but they at least did shit back then. All in the name of glorious emprah.

Sonic bizarre adventure

One of their dudes jumped ship way before things went south. His twitter says he's working on a rebrand but unlike them he's not showing shit off.

Neat. Never knew about Friar Roger Bacon

if it ever comes out, it better be pure fucking gold

that's what vaporware is,a game that was announced/shown but then years go by without anything but its not cancelled

theres still prey 2!

youtube.com/watch?v=vPMr0joaE6A

Even back then the chinese were shit. Sun Tzu reports that one of the reasons you shouldn't send your army over long distances is because everywhere you went the people would try selling all of their shit to the soldiers, making the populace poor and hungry.

I remember some indie game about assassinating people at parties that sounded kind of cool. I don't think it ever made it out of being shown at gay expos.

But CD Projekt RED has actively stated that it's being developed. The spirit of the term vaporware has less to do with the development cycle of a game, and more to do with the likeliness of a release.

google.com/search?q=cyberpunk 2077&client=firefox-b-1-ab&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKpumkm9HZAhUQ22MKHaI3CJ0Q_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=988

Maybe you're thinking of Party Hard? It came out and is pretty fun.

yea its still vaporware, vaporware are games which were announced but then disappear but aren't cancelled, Beyond good and evil 2 was vaporware so was duke nukem forever

agent is still vaporware as rockstar have never said its been cancelled

In this case vaporwave that I was looking forward to.
Why did it have to turn to shit?

All I wanted to do was soar over a medieval city by eating metals and pushing off of coins on the ground.

Microtransactions? Has that been confirmed somewhere?

That really isn't a very useful definition of the word, one that doesn't apply to cyberpunk anyway since as I said before CD Projekt RED has said [RECENTLY] that it's in development.

Now we could apply this second definition of vaporware, but it again misses the spirit of this thread and the informal term in general, as it literally includes every under-development game on earth. The term is more of a way of (in a negative way) describe software that was promised but not yet and never likely to, be delivered upon. Now if either of us could prove that no programming has been done, you could be proven right, however, given how many shill articles have been pumped out just in the last 3 months I would seriously doubt it.

Why?

Cyberpunk 2077 in a nutshell

"Cyberpunk 2077 was announced in May 2012"

Coming up to 6 years since it was announced and still not even one in game screenshot

Because hypothetically(see lawbreakers) money behind it means a consistent player count.

I am seriously depressed. I just want a single good multiplayer game to play.
Please, can someone name me just one upcoming FPS that looks decent. I know of Midair but that is made on such a low budget I don't know if it will ever be finished.

I don't think Quake Champions was ever intended to be anything other than an Overwatch clone going by the name.

Ancient China was still a shithole but as a society they came forth with many inventions and discoveries.
Now they're double shithole.

I wanted to play the first game with contemporary graphics and good gameplay ever.

but yet announce and release a trailer 5 years ago, face facts its one of the biggest current vaporware titles

lol

You haven't provided any. I've made several arguments for why the term isn't applicable, and all you've got is "well it was announced a while ago". That's right nog, some games take longer to develop than others. The announcement date of a game doesn't change whether it will be released eventually or not. Here, you clearly have short attention span as you consistently fail to address more than a single argument in any one of my posts, so I've found you a video with pretty colors summarizing the situation.

if a studio announces a game then there's radio silence for 6 years that is vaporware, its the definition of vaporware as you your self previously fucking posted

starcraft ghost was vaporware
episode 3 was vaporware
Last guardian was vaporware
duke nukem forever was vaporware
bioshock infinity was vaporware
prey 2 was vaporware

Agent is vaporware
Cyberpunk is vaporware

great video to prove my point, rumors and a cgi trailer from 5 years ago

if we go by your logic, FFXV is definitely vapourware as well

I'll re-link the post so you can read it again.

I disagreed with the definition of vaporware you were using in the first place, stating that it "wasn't very useful" and that it "missed the spirit" of this thread and the "term in general". The term exists to describe when a company promises to release [BLANK] game, but internally cancels production doesn't tell the public it won't be coming out.

Now, take Cyberpunk:

How fucking stupid are you to not understand this timeline? Do you think they started talking about the game again in the last couple months to trick people who were excited about the game? They obviously came up with the idea, announced the game, got sidetracked developing the Witcher 3, and are now coming back to cyberpunk as their next significant title.

Now unlike you faggot here is some "facts" directly from the wiki:

Development

Around the time of pre-production, approximately fifty staff were working on Cyberpunk 2077.[8] Developer CD Projekt Red later devoted a team larger than that of its previous title The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.[9] CD Projekt Red started upgrading its REDengine 3 game engine for the game around the time The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was released.[10] Mike Pondsmith, who created the original tabletop game Cyberpunk 2020, is consulting on the project.[11] Marcin Przybyłowicz was chosen to write the music.[12]

A funding application for the Polish government, granting CD Projekt Red US$7 million, noted that the release could potentially take place in 2019 and confirmed the employment of REDengine 4.[13] In June 2017, CD Projekt Red issued a statement explaining that data containing early designs had been stolen and threatened to be released to the public. The developer refused to comply with the ransom demand.[14][15]

It might as well be what with all the shit they cut from it.

yes it was, it was final fantasy versus 13 for years

none of that makes any difference, agent had its trademarks renewed, doesn't mean shit, its still vaporware,

does cyberpunk have a release date? No
has it been in development for years with nothing to show? Yes

therefore its vaporware

I can't believe this shit.

As far as I'm aware that was officially canned.

They asked for a petition, we delivered, and NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING AT ALL.NOT EVEN A NO.

You obviously have a severe mental deficiency, and as a result I'm done interacting with you. Despite my many attempts to correct you, you insisted on making a fucking fool out of yourself, arguing about a concept that you don't at all grasp. Next time you enter a thread, attempt to understand what the thread topic is, before posting.

All I remember was them working on a hypothetical release and it getting changed into something else because the publisher didn't think there was an iconic enough character to put on the box. This was right after Crysis 3 I think.

Considering how shit Crytek is at paying their employees, I'm honesty glad it was canned. You do not get good products from miserable programmers.

Did District Attorney Dziura w dupie take legal action against said hacker/thief?

I fucking hate it. I hate Nu-tendo for having been good. They're goddamn Japanese Disney. Fuck all of them. Fuck them for having reduced their best titles to by the numbers iterations.

No, it was 3D. I found it. It's called SpyParty. Looks like they may be working at it still, now that I check into it again. Their last
BLOGPOST
was end of last month.

I've actually started "reaching out" to the real-world lately because vidya(modern) is mostly utter shit and so's the Finngolian animated cartoons too so what else there is to fucking do other than read books which i allready do!?

I remember being content a decade ago thinking that i dont give a shit if i live my life alone as a deadbeat as long as i can consume vidya and anime until old age and i wither away but fuck it, now i try to get a job, find a nice girl to marry and get kids with and even enter the political field because it's way too filled with kikes and people who simply hate me for being a white heterosexual male and that needs to change!

It's MM/DD

Halo 5 is pretty good, and returns to arena shooter style even starts with weapons and powerups on the map

They were one of the 6 places to indepedently invent civilization alongside the fertile crescent, egypt, mexico/mesoamerica, and peru/the andes, and one of the 3 places to indedently invent writing alongside the fertile crescent and mexico.

Taoism's OK.

fuck off

The core gameplay, MP, and forge absolutely is. The single player is trash, however.

The real question is is this still being made in Flash or have the game switched engines by now?

Glitcher fans really are the worst.

Remember when they announced that instead of it being an open co-op framework, like a multiplayer Call of Chernobyl, they were going to make it into a DayZ clone.
Haha.
Yeah.

tumblr project, all art no substance, p standard

bunch of metroid related fan stuff in that near decade long hiatus between prime 3 and am2r.

I still remember when they did a Q&A on halfchan all those years ago.

I just want to punch Kell Dragons in HD.

I just downloaded XL Engine a few weeks ago, I can upload it if you need it.

Reminder that that game with the Unreal Engine is 95% complete, 3D Realms wants to release it but Randy Bombandy won't let them because they're holding Duke hostage.
dsogaming.com/articles/the-2001-unreal-engine-version-of-duke-nukem-forever-was-90-complete-had-rpg-and-horror-elements/

I know there is a release of it, but it's buggy and incomplete, particularly for Dark Forces. An update was supposed to arrive eventually.

The STALKER 2 that was in development was going to be shit and you know it.

you need to stop being such a cdprojekt red fanboy, I'm looking forward to when they (i hope) release cyberpunk but to think its not vaporware is just retarded, you dont even know anything about the game other than its logo and its a based on cyberpunk

they should just leak it, blame russians

This one makes me think the dev is actively trolling his fanbase, all his accounts and blogs and shit are abandoned, but he'll spring to life on twitter out of nowhere every year or two and post a couple screenshots and mention how cool the stuff he's working on is, but he'll never elaborate on anything or talk about what's going on and disappears back into the ether just as abruptly as he returns

You should just stop wanking over IPs.

PLAY ON S4MAX PRIVATE SERVER NOW

Wait, you mean that infamous E3 trailer wasn't fake after all? That version actually exists? HOLY SHIT.

Also neat.

There was a 3?

my definition is still better, and you never said how much advertisement is enough. maybe if it got into the penny saver.

I knew a god can't be replaced so easily, but I sincerely hoped it was going to be a great game, a revival of a legend.

At least I have Torment to cry upon past times.

All that survives of Thornado, aka Turrican 64, is some concept art and this track.

So it is alive after all. I look forward to playing it when it comes out.

Were hyped for.

pretty sure you never played half life at all.

This. Don't be fooled by all the old immigrants, they were the cream of the crop (there ought to be civilized chinks out there by pure numbers). Most chinks are savages who only shit in the streets slightly less than curries do.

Pretty sure every Valve game I've ever played was okay at best. Not great, not shit, just inoffensively mediocre. Sequels to their games is not something to get excited over.

I knew that feel.
I vaguely remember when I genuinely believed this will be out some day.
How young and careless was I.
At least it rests in piss forever and wont be turned into polcor shit for tumblerkin amusement.

The games Valve used to release we're incredible, at the time. Nowadays, HL2's age shows, but at the time it seriously innovated. People want HL3 because of Valve's track record of genre improvement, not because they want more HL2 gameplay.

Is it not coming out for some reason?

console version

Why don't you fucking faggots just play old games. God knows there's enough to keep you occupied for decades.

UT2004 or 99

They die.

Colossal Kaiju Combat
I JUST WANTED A KAIJU FIGHTER ON PC

FUCK YOU DUNCAN ROO
WORSE THAN STANRY ROO
I BET YOU FAGGOTS ARE RELATED

I see you are underage and played their games many years after release.

That is quite the amount of autism.

If a game can be made mediocre purely due to the passage of one or two decades, it was never very great to begin with

So you admit that you didn't play it on release and are spouting shit underage. Yes I know people born in the year 2000 are now 18 but fuck them

The only people who hate half life are those who hate first person games in general, or never played it back then.

If literally the only thing that makes a game great is how "groundbreaking" it is, it's not very great, period
I bet your favorite zeldo is ocarina, too

If anything Half-life is even better today because of how shit modern vidya is.
Half-life 1 and Opposing Force are up there with Doom 1+ 2 as the best FPS ever made.
I know it's cool to hate valve these days for the kikery they do but that doesn't make Half-life not fucking amazing.

See, now that's a way better argument than these other spastic retards actually agreeing with the premise that it was only good when it released and complaining about underage

It's not but I bet you are one of those reddit kids who jumped on the ego bandwagon and now think it isn't a good game or is "mediocre" because you played it today and it doesn't live up to your shitty modern sensibilities.

It was good when I was 5 because I was 5 and everything that could pass any time was good
I'm sorry if my "shitty modern sensibilities" dictate that a good game should be more than a generic tech demo with poor content for small children

Regardless of if it was the greatest game of all time back when it was released bland shooter with janky physics a great game does not make it is no longer the time when it was released.
You can lament the passing of time all you like but it'll pass anyway. Nothing can be the greatest forever because standards (and tastes) change.

Ok user.

Yes, they got lower. Can you name an FPS in the last 10 years that surpassed Half-life? Classics don't age, it just doesn't appeal to the least common denominator of today.

I think it's still Flash.

Opposing Force is the best in the series and was make by fucking Gearbox.
truth be told, they designed the game around Valves engine and work, but goddamn is it good.

It's still top tier pacing, art design and shooting
You merely have shit taste

Fug. HL is almost 20 years old though so I'm happy being able to do within that time at least. I barely ever play shooters as it stands though I used to a lot when I was a wee lad.
Not gonna lie, there is a lot of shit out there but there has also been a lot of innovation and polish. There have also been plenty of mods on the source engine that play roughly the same as HL where shooting is involved which have made plenty of little quality of life improvements like not crashing every time a physics object clips into another. Thinking nothing could ever pass it is stupid.

You aren't serious right?

wew

You should probably fuck off Jonathan Blow

It's by far the worst SS game. Even SS2 is better.

Oh and speaking of Vaporware

I'm going to repeat myself and say that if the only thing that makes a game great is how groundbreaking it was when it released, a quality that disappears after a few years, then it isn't all that great
And you're going to continue to argue with that objectively correct statement, because you're an idiot

But I never said it was great because it was groundbreaking. I said it was great because it is a good game. Hl1 is still great to play today. It's just that casual shits of these days can't stand a game that doesn't cater to their faggotry.

Opinion discarded, SS3 has a shit slow start but ramps up thing really well.

user please, this is likely the retard that said System Shock aged like milk.

Has the worst level design and enemy design of any of the games because it was a shitty tactical game converted into a SS game and it shows. SS2 has issues and is very different from the first or second encounter but while being it's own thing it is at least decent at it. The third encounter however is rushed and just a down grade from the other games.

No, that's what said, this whole time you've only been arguing against me saying exactly that, and even defending one of the worst 3D zeldas

That user explained very well why Half-life is still amazing and hasn't aged.
Not when Skyward Sword and Breath of the wild exist. OoT is middle place at worst.

No, they are the only race who's totally and utterly irredeemable. Killing a Kinaman is like killing an invasive hog. The average cinese might not be as bad as the average Jew. But there's way more chinese people around, so it's a problem.

The first stages, yes, but then it opens up with actual good level design and enemy positioning.
True, but still better than SS2, you're defending the game where enemy movement speed was slowed down to a crawl along with your own movement and where weapons are extremely unsatisfying to use

I live in Ukraine and I personally know a guy who works at GSC. They might have something for us soon

They said they were working on something
I'm expecting something stalkan related, but I'm not happy about it though, S.T.A.L.K.E.R was a painstakingly dedicated project worked by passionate talented folk, most of which have left the company in a time publishers would bet on new things
Said company that bet on it is now dead, even if it's name is still being used by Nordic.
It was also a time where small devs could easily make sleeper hits, and while that is finally happening again after 10 years of AAA dominating mainstream gayman I'm not hopeful about this at all.

I really want to say I want a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R game that polishes and expands upon the 3 games we got, published by a decent publisher that won't stifle the creative process and a decent budget.
But I don't, the talent is gone, the industry trends are gone and monetization and kikery are off the charts.

The only way I could see a good S.T.A.L.K.E.R release happen would be a PC only release on the Xray with the right people from the modding community being hired, and even then it would still be lacking in comparison to Shadow of Chernobyl since now we have bigger expectations compared to what people had for it in 2007.
does your dad work at Nintendo as well?

The few things those games do right is better than the entirety of OoT
I look back on SS's ungodly handholding and would never want to do it again, but at least it had a couple neat dungeons and concepts to go along with it

I was totally hyped for the public release of Asheron's Call server so we could run custom servers.

I will fight you nigger

Next you'll say Majoras Mask is inferior to those two
And you will lose

I'm not defending either of those games, I'm saying ocarina is shit
No idea why I would, considering MM is also objectively superior in every possible way

Why? It has far better and more content than either Skyward Sword or BoTW.

Yeah, I don't agree
Not even getting into the side content, OoT's dungeons are garbage and the only value they have is in music and atmosphere, which to be fair it does at least have over BotW's copy/paste artistic abortions

Whew lad, don't you tempt me.

In the meantime im waiting for Metro Exodus. At the very least it looks a lot more open than previous games. May not be Stalkan' but im still looking forward to it.

lmaooooooo

You should know better lil fella'

was anyone looking forward to that in the first place? even if it was good it would have still bombed due to the outdated genre

Its already on steam you double-niggers. No need for the additional DRM.

No user, the point of the opening levels was first and foremost to parody and mock the Cawadooty franchise and trend of the time, and also to acclimate newfags into the SS gameplay so they wouldn't immediately die to the first wave of enemies and rage quit. The problem is that the parody and kid gloves went on for too long, it should have been full speed ahead by level 3 at most. Also, dedicated sprint button was a shitty idea too.

Overall SS3 was a 7/10 for me, and where the fuck is Serious Sam 4 holy shit guys Fusion is neat and all but how much dev time is being taken away because of it? Fuck the VR shit though seriously what the hell, add that shit later when the damn things have more market share.

Yeah, just like Cuphead right?
You absolute fucking retards, fuck out of this board
store.steampowered.com/app/412020/Metro_Exodus/

No, it was first and foremost to be a Cowadoody like game before Devolver stepped in.
They merely repurposed the level for that end

After writing this post I decided to catch up on the patch notes for Fusion, and saw this:

Serious Sam 3 related:
- Some quality of life changes: You can now reload while sprinting, switch weapons while sprinting, and interrupt a reload with firing if you still have ammo.
This is excellent.

Got some sauce on that bold claim of knowing the developer's intention? Because I find it incredibly unlikely that they would deliberately make not-Serious Sam and then a publisher of all people would have them make mostly-Serious Sam. Keep in mind that the HD remakes of SS came out prior to 3, so if they wanted to Cawadootyify the franchise, why not start with the remakes?

Here
web.archive.org/web/20090609170343/http://www.croteam.com/

The remakes were exactly the same in terms of gameplay they were just texture and model updates. Changing the gameplay would have actually required work.

They were doing contract work on a military game for another studio but that game got cancelled so they no longer had to work on it. Like when various Activision companies would make CoD DLC, or when Warren Specter's studio was contracted out to make HL2: Episode 4, but then it was cancelled.

"Our projects," meaning Serious Sam.

Nigger where do you think those recycled assets ended up on?
SS3
How is this relevant whatsoever to the topic?

There is a HUGE difference between making a slow tactical military shooter and then converting it into Serious Sam (at the laughable notion of a publisher suggesting this) versus "hey we have a bunch of building models and shit left over, let's just dump them into our existing Serious Sam 3 project.

A conversion would require a buttload of effort to uproot all the work you did, merely dropping in a few assets to help SS3 along would be piss easy.

Nigger you have to be fucking blind

Reloading is a functionality that existed via the sniper rifle from Serious Sam 2 (+HD version which existed prior to SS3). Adding it to other weapons after importing some leftover assets would have been trivial.

HL2 and TF2 are just reddit trash on an aesthetic/story level, and TF2 is inferior to QWTF and TFC.

HL1 is a great game and HLOPFOR is even better but HL2 is overrated. It's mediocre and I wouldn't call it bad but there are so many games that went above and beyond it's gameplay that you can't call it some kind of groundbreaking turning point. It did not innovate in it's gameplay, and the only thing that was new was the reddit humor in it that people are STILL jacking off too.

Sorry, I keep saying Serious Sam 2 but I should be saying Second Encounter. The actual Serious Sam 2 barely exists in my mind.

Ah fuck it, maybe I'm wrong about the reloading shit, I'm getting my games confused. You believe what you want, but the wording on that site makes me think there was a military project AND a Serious Sam project, and SS just inherited some assets.

And the pistols on the first game as well, what's your point?

Nah, those hold up pretty well besides the forced fucking characters and the complete disconnect you have with Gordon due to them.
The gameplay is what's lacking, it's still a decent game.

I agree that HL1 was better but you need to expand your vocab and argument skills.

YOUR point was that somehow SS3 having reloading is proof of it being a conversion of a military game, but reloading was a thing that already exists. If something already exists, then adding leftover assets on top of it is easy. If it does not exist, then working to implement it would be more difficult, and thus a sign that it was a conversion instead of an asset import.

Like what this guy said:

Nigga, I know you take physics engines and facial animations for granted nowadays but back in 2004 that shit was ridiculously cutting-edge. The gravity gun is still fun to play with. It is true, however, that the shitty setpieces in HL2 outnumber the good ones. But that was also the case for HL1.

Sniper doesn't have reloading
Just a delay between shots which looks like chambering a round.
I guess I made myself misunderstood
In this post I didn't meant that the whole of SS3 was the Cowadoody tier game, I meant to say that the levels and some of the assets from that game were repurposed for SS3 and that's why the suck so much.

The best setpiece is actually on Episode 2

Nah, it's that the entire productive output of the civilization was put to use destroying itself, not once, but twice consecutively. If WW1 hadn't happened, Africa would probably be 40%+ white now, and I don't mean in the sense of race mixing.

Alright yeah, but still a mere asset drop wouldn't directly impact level design, you can make cool levels out of any type of asset if you really try. I just believe that at the time, the military shooter craze was at its absolute peak, and so they felt they had a golden opportunity to mock it directly in their Serious Sam style, while also tricking some CoD players into trying their game because the first few levels looked like CoD with aliens.

They didn't realize they dragged it on too long and it hurts replayability.

Any one of BotW's crappy dungeons have more puzzle content than the entirety of OoT's

Nah, it really feels like they just reused the assets to pad out the game.
Those introduction levels are really fucking bad and they leave any pretense of Cowadoody before said levels are even over.

Wrong

The game's story is just a series of shitty pseudo-cutscenes full of a bunch of random people you have never heard of stroking your ego. It's seriously like having a bunch of smug hipster faggots going on about how great you are, and that's the entire story. How can you say that the story holds up while acknowledging that the characters are forced that Gordon has no connection to them?

I think that the stuff from the HL2 cut content was far, far better than what we got, with the really bleak industrial environments, and the air exchange, and how impersonal and mechanical it all was. But instead that got thrown out for a bunch of stupid characters who can't stop talking about how great you are, and a pretty generic Russian city.

Do you think that the "Reddit mentality" didn't exist when HL2 came out? I am just explaining it terms of reddit since that is what this kind of thing is associated with right now.

The physics engine in HL2 was just used to add a bunch of random puzzles, it was not cutting edge and did not actually add to the gameplay. Instead once you are done with the mediocre shooting you can balance some barrels, I get that it's cool but it doesn't make it a good game. If they could use it to compliment the gameplay better I would agree with you though.

Also the face animations don't add to the game, they are just used to give the stupid characters obnoxious exaggerated smug faces, at least before this tech that wasn't possible.

This is fucking retarded. Before I got into PC gaming proper, the first time I saw screenshots of Half-Life 2 it blew my goddamn mind. It looked amazing then, and it still look good today despite its age (though a few engine upgrades along the way also helped).

TF2 was brilliantly styled before all the hats and shit ruined it. There was an assload of work building up the right color pallet and incorporating art deco designs into environments and things. It puts all other "cartoony" games to shame because they never have any sort of proper color theory being employed, they just slap on every watercolor they can think of on to a Tumblr artist's idea of the human body and call it a day.

Because it's well told outside the shitty exposition
And I never stated otherwise
Nigger please, it's a really well modeled and atmospheric setting and it still looks good 14 years after the fact.

Objectively correct
BotW's dungeons are built around puzzle elements, OoT's dungeons are linear "adventures" with the biggest leap in logic you have to make in the entire game being remembering that one chest in the water temple

Hl2 is basically just "The Mist" but better written. You might not like it but extra dimensional creators taking over the ecosystem is a pretty cool premise for a story. Maybe you didn't like the characters but Barney and Dr.Kleiner were enjoyable.

With hours upon hours of shitty Open World padding in between.

Don't give a shit

Nigga, the "puzzles" in BoTW are barely there. It's mostly just fighting shit and pressing stuff. OoT had actually puzzles and TWP expanded on it.

Not an argument
Now go hit boars with your breakable weapons

Outside of the one I mentioned, no dungeon in the game had a single puzzle that wasn't blatantly obvious the moment you walked into the room

Ok, I agree with you that TF2 looked good in 2007 before it was ruined. I just don't have the same enthusiastic feelings for city 17, it has the problem where it all bends together and looks the same, I mean you go through different areas but none of them are terribly memorable except for ravenholm which just feels like a totally different game.

Before I played HL2 I only played goldeneye, it had memorable levels and settings unlike HL2, and it's levels weren't so linear and on-rails. Yeah HL2 has more polygons but that's not what makes a good game.

OK well I will agree to disagree, I couldn't care less for the dumb characters and I wish you could shoot them like in HL1

do you notice how HL1 could tell a better story without the shitty charecters? At most the people you talked too were nameless faceless people who had useful things to say

If it was so obvious then why are the dungeons harder than the ones in BoTW? What good puzzles does it have? I can't really think of any that took any thought.

The Eastern European style of City 17 (combined with bits of alien tech sprinkled about) was very unique and foreign to me at the time. Today it's not as impressive, but really considering how much time is spent away from the city proper I don't really think of it much outside of that opening sequence.

-Canals
-Citadel
-Coast
-Lighthouse
-Sandtraps
-City before and after the Resistance movement
-Nova Prospekt
I do agree that the colour pallete is lacking
I had played Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, Quake, UT99, CS, Carnivores and Half Life
Except most end up as bland corridors, same with Perfect Dark.

And you say HL2 is mediocre.
Golden eye is literally only liked because it was one of the early console FPS.

Because BotW doesn't use shitty enemies and keys right in front of the doors you use them on everywhere as filler in them
As for the puzzles they do have, I wouldn't call many of them particularly great either, but there's at least one area in each of them where you at bare minimum have to test out the dungeon's movement mechanic from a few standpoints to see what it does
The shrines are another matter entirely, there's over a fucking hundred of the things and most of them are "puzzles" of some description, and a good chunk of those are at least more involved and have sandbox shit or crappy riddles, which aren't going to stump anyone who isn't 10 or retarded, but it's something beyond the glorified shape-in-hole simulator Ocarina was half the time

They are level based enemies which is cancer. Enemies in BoTW are a grind compared to an obstacle. Are you baiting?

I know that you go through all of those different kinds of areas, but none of them feel like they have a unique character. So, it doesn't have the same impression

I personally had a lot more fun playing GE than I did playing HL2, I do think that if GE was ported to the PC and had levels designed for the PC it would be a great game. The gameplay really pushed the limits of what you could do with the shitty N64 controller and you can really tell that the developers had a lot more talent than what they could fit on the platform.

Meanwhile HL2's gameplay was clearly limited by it's developers, the level design and combat is so poor

Also, I didn't have a computer until 2012, so, that's my excuse, just played some games that I got for a couple of bucks at a flea market on a TV i got off craigslist for free.

I literally only bought goldeneye because the guy had a gun on the cover, I didn't even know that it was a movie

And outside of the easy as shit bosses, you rarely ever actually have to fight them, especially in the dungeons where there are barely even any enemies to begin with

GE's alarm system and gunplay is more fun than HL2s. Even though HL2 is a faster game it doesn't create encounters that are more deep than what goldeneye has unless you play multiplayer

Actually it wasn't, they were well on their way to completing the game when the engine switch happened and they had to throw out a shitton of work out of the window and pretty much start over. Randy Pitchfork is sitting on a fully functional alpha right now. Several fully playable maps and everything.

also to add to this GE is a more difficult game in general, HL2 does not ever have any tense difficult levels like control/aztec in it, instead it just has a game that is consistently easy that doesn't give the player serious consequences for their mistakes and doesn't have the same depth in mechanics like the security cameras. The enemies in HL2 just spray hitscan at you and there isn't a real strategy to avoid damage beyond spraying back at their head or using grenades, also the enemy variety is so much less meaningful than GE's. Yes GE has worse controls but HL2 doesnt try and take advantage of what it has. All of HL2's levels are just linear corridors

They didn't really start working on it in May 2012. Their main focus until 2016 was Witcher 3 and its expansions.

You're reaching pretty hard.

How would you know when you are required to play it with a controller?

this hurts me every day

I bet nobody even remembers that

They made up some shit about Nanking, I think that's about it

the thread is about lamenting all the times we were hyped for vaporware, and you post trying to get people hyped for galaxy in turmoil? why are you repeating the cycle?

I forgot they were making another coded arms

He's a major Shadow Hearts series character too.

Sonic is gay, Donkey Kong is cool.

Can you imagine being so empty that you willingly put that on your body forever?

This is what delusion looks like.

own a switch and BoTW, and even i have to agree with you

I can't, because I am against tattoos and body modifications in general.

nope, lol

I saw some bitches with earrings in their sternums this week. Why?

Prove me wrong faggot
OoT dungeons are insanely boring and contain nothing but simple roadblocks to pad out playtime
The one singular dungeon that even has an actual central puzzle mechanic is the water temple, and it's still linear and easy outside of one goddamn room you need to remember

This is the sort of furry that even other furries hate.

Really gets the noggin joggin'.

That's the thing though, BotW isn't a good game
You're just so far up your asses that when I say OoT is worse you think I'm saying BotW is good because you nostalgiafags can't believe OoT could be bad

Why do you persist in assuming that everyone who calls out your retarded statements must be a OOT fanboy? I don't even care for OOT that much. You are still full of shit.

I'm assuming that because people keep saying that thinking BotW is less shit than OoT means I'm saying BotW is good
Again, prove me wrong faggot

Well first of all you keep saying OOT is bad because it's linear, but you've not yet explained why a linear game = a bad game.

Vaporwave you say?

Oh come on, vaporwave shouldn't be old enough yet to the point where it can make me feel old.

Also, have you even tried fighting striders on hard mode? One burst from their guns will kill you even on full health. Not to mention in a blink of an eye they will wipe out all of your resistance soldiers that you can kill yourself if you wanted to because fratricide is the most important game mechanic ever to people that hate HL2 for some reason.

Linearity makes dungeons just a series of rooms you tackle one after the other, and without an overarching puzzle element makes each room's "challenge" more or less entirely self contained
So you have a bunch of rooms you go through in a pretty strict order with barely anything to keep track of between them, and nothing to challenge you during them, and that's fucking awful, at it's worst it makes some of the dungeons feel like overly tedious walks

I thought making you feel old was the entire point of vaporwave?

What the fuck is wrong with that?

Absolutely nothing, if it's a combat gauntlet or if its self-contained room puzzles are good
But as I've said, Ocarina's "puzzles" are mostly godawful, and it doesn't have the kind of combat system or enemy variety to carry an entire dungeon on enemies alone, which is why the closest the game actually comes to having a combat gauntlet is when the spirit temple throws three separate iron knuckle fights in to fill space, only the first of which is even slightly exciting due to being more punishing

Shaolin monks are majorly founded thanks to Bodhidarma, an Indian.
Excluding the monks or Zen buddhism honestly the chinese bring nothing to either humanity and are the most detrimental to the planet in terms of pollution

They invented paper, printing, the concept of decimal fractions and negative numbers, and the compass. They were also the first to recognize diabetes as a disease and how to prevent it.

Are you sure these developers are even alive?

Jewka Gaylee

I get this view of the situation, but honestly I'd rather have no news with the hope they're diligently working on it. What has been shown already isn't substantive but I liked the art direction and concept, so I will stay positive

and I find that teams who post too much shit to social media usually churn out the worst games

hey fags, guess who decided to pay a visit
archive.is/F84iR
typical furry garbage.

This is supposed to be gta clone set in Vegas. Even if gameplay video didn't look that great, I still was hyped for it, real bad.

Chinkophobe, one of the most lulzy & gr8est things chinkies ever did was make hordes of vidya gaem bootlegs. It's their best national contribution to humanity and GoodSet.