Are there any online multiplayer FPS games that AREN'T

image obviously not related

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marginalism
mission-ctrl.co.uk/closed-alpha
youtube.com/watch?v=89qQy-rEUgg#15m45s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

R6 Siege? It's got lootboxes but they are pretty irrelevant.

Halo Online. Though, I don't know what the player count is like these days.

Does CS:GO have loot boxes? I forget tbh

Yes, but cosmetic only and all of the cosmetics are ugly as sin.

You need to go through uplay for it, same shit with Tittyfall2 and origin.

Why the fuck are you playing multiplayer games released after 2006?

Yes, and it's a good thing. The closer we come to the death of video games as a medium, the better.

why

Urban Terror, just go for it.

so that vidya can be reborn better and stronger

Video games are shit, I say this as someone who has wasted their life playing video games. I'm not even Quentin-posting, video games are bad for your mental wellbeing.

EvE is good.

Only older titles and mods can keep it afloat.

You are right. Its all converging to mobile-style system, pay to play microtransactions scamfests with no escape.

Big siege fan here, the lootboxes luckily are purely cosmetic and the cosmetics suck so no one buys them, but the game is on deaths door because ubi realized it was doing well and had to start meddling with it. next week they're doing a limited time PVE event and discussing having word-bans in the chat and adding pick-and-ban systems. It had a good run for awhile

I don't think you can buy them with money.

Given that multiplayer FPS games haven't been getting any better since 2006 why would there be any reason for new ones to have come out since 2006?

in-game currency, other items can be bought with real currency through a very jewish exchange system, all cosmetic though and all ugly save for a handful.

Can we talk about the death of loadouts in FPS games? Alot of shooters coming out now release with set classes with set weapons.

I blame the gaming community since all loadouts ever did was homogenize games if you werent using this gun/setup you are kinda fucked.

What did he meme by this?

What the fuck are you talking about? That image is completely 100% related to everything you said . I am honestly amazed Dirty Bomb is still going

CoD and BF still sell millions, and they all have loadouts. What are you talking about?

FPS is not dead but its getting messy. Currently FPS is trying to get back to its "#ROOTS" by going back to World War shit. I fucking hated BF1 and COD WW2 and im even more pissed the next battlefield might be WW2.

Alot of faggots complained about COD going "too futuristic" but Call of duty Black Ops 3 in my opinion was a pretty good shooter and I love the jet pack mechanics. Then you got Titanfall 2 which took the gameplay of Black ops 3 and made it even better. However the with the FPS community being the change hatting dew guzzling soyboys that they are hated the wall running and jet packs since it was either fast or to complicated for them.

Is it really?

Last call to jump ship was after Bad Company 2 came out. That was the last worthwhile FPS.

Not related to games that arent all of that, or to games that are all you said? In any case, dirty bomb is good

Why do people love that shit so much? Its so Anti-Battlefield buy people praise it so much.

Video games are a cancer on society. There a million things that people could be spending their leisure time doing that are just as enjoyable but a thousand times more productive like reading or leaning art.

The only people that would care if video games ceased to exist are literal subhumans who actually enjoy being wastes of space. People with a conscious know it would be for the best.

Hello Quentin

Why not both?

>implying from your readings you can't transpose what you read and write

Nope, TF2 killed the genre, Overwatch is just prolonging its death

this only applies to a certain demographic of readers, most fans of books read fiction which is no more or less productive than video games, movies, or god fucking help you, watching television. Sitting still and staring at a wall is a better use of time than watching television

Do you legitimately believe that reading is as unproductive as playing video games? I'm being serious. Do you actually think that?

Drawing opens up parts of your brain that are almost never used in day to day operations and once developed as a skill opens up your ability to perceive the world in new ways.

Let me put it this way. Do you really truly believe that an individual who spends 8 hours every day reading books and drawing would be just as intelligent as someone who spends 8 hours every day playing a video game instead? Do you understand how fucking ridiculous you sound?

If you read novels then sure

Doom 1 (with mods)
Halo CE
Unreal Tournament 2K4
Call of Duty 4 and World at War
Cunter-Strike Series (which one is a matter of preference, they all still have relatively-decent player count, CSGO has more modern bullshit but it's still mostly-playable)

Those three games come to mind as being games that don't fit most of those categories, they're older games and their player count isn't amazing but they're certainly not dead either. Pick one of em up and give em a go.

I know Halo 3 would have an amazing player count still to this day if Microsoft had ported it to PC like smart people instead of trying to use it as the trump card to save the dying Xcocks brand like faggots.

*five games

Depends on what you're reading, hope it's textbooks because if not, yes, it is entertainment with as much value as video games.

do you realize how ridiculous you sound when you include the act of drawing into an argument regarding how productive reading a book is. Drawing is a separate hobby unless you're directly referring to reading books for the purpose of learning something, and not fiction

Halo 5 would actually meet OP's qualifications.

It's even starts with no classes, it's not as absurdly populated as the older halo games were in their days but it still has many thousands of players. It has loot boxes, but they are for entirely cosmetic shit outsiide of a specific shits and giggles mode.

Splatoon is technically not first person, but it's the best shooter out there right now.

No Bendoverwatch for you

do you even operate comrade

I was referencing one of the posters who called both of these things a waste of time.

It really doesn't matter what you're reading for the most part. Reading is still in infinitely more interactive task than playing 99% of video games is.

I've been playing video games at a competitive level for over a decade. Reading requires a lot more work than anything I've ever done at a high level in video games. The vast majority of developing strategies and advancing your skills involves doing monotonous tasks over and over again for 9-12 hours a day every single day. If you really think playing video games is more productive than reading you're deluding yourself. Probably some commie nigger trannies trying to convince themselves that they wouldn't be shot on sight in their glorious commie utopia for being such degenerates.

Before I continue I'm going to assume you copied the meta 100% and didn't develop your own strategies.

Bingo.

Only problem is Halo 5 is Xcocks-only, so you have to pay to play online. Halo 5 Forge is a gimped version that doesn't include the campaign and most of the multiplayer modes (as far as I'm aware).

At least there isn't a shadow of a doubt you're retarded.

You ever realized that normies gobble up the lowest quality product possible, of any kind of medium, whether it may be a book or video game?
They elate over COD, 50 shades of grey and shit glued to a wall and call it art.
It doesn't matter what kind of free time chomper you may aim at, you will find shitty representations of that medium.

Are you some kind of brain dead assfaggots player or some shit? The only games that involved true mechanical skill are FPS, which involves a metric fuckton of muscle memory development. There are an incredibly limited number of games that require a lot of complex strategic development. So yes, there are a few games that are more mentally taxing that a novel for teenagers. But if you don't approach the conversation from a completely disingenuous angle you'll quickly realise that there is no limitation of quality products when it comes to books, and there is no skill ceiling on knowledge.

Replaying with false equivalences doesn't prove an equivalence.

I'll just assume this is cuckchan faggotry at its finest because of all the leftypol retards immigrating you faggots en masse.

Cosmetic or not Lootboxes are a cancer upon games and ruin everything they touch. TF2 used to get great content updates before it had lootshit. Developers spend more time making shitty lootboxes than making a good game.

honestly if siege isn't the perfect example of what's wrong with what vydia's become i don't know what is

Amen.

This is some blatant shilling
Then again this board is so chock full of retards nowadays I don't even know anymore.
We have niggers recommending Halo and no Middair.

Wrong.

it had a really rough release too that they managed to start fixing up and people were getting interested through free weekends. It's how i started playing it around halfway through year 1 while things were still improving. Post operation health has been a clusterfuck

How dare people like a video game that isn't another shitty attempt at an arena shooter that will be dead on arrival.

You're doing this on purpose, aren't you?

Kill yourself kike

AHHHHHHH

Because it was fun.

There were no jets destroying everything and everyone at spawn.
There was no prone, so no gay-ass fucking dolphin diving.
There weren't a billion ways to be killed by something you didn't see.
Weapons actually felt like they packed a punch.
Teamwork actually occurred no matter how many randoms you played with.
Simple rock-paper-scissors design for classes and vehicles worked perfectly, instead of being a convoluted mess like BF3 and everything else that came after it.
Nobody was invincible, not even the best chopper pilots.
Every class was balanced, and a shotgun with slug ammo could counter any camping sniper bush wookie faggot.
Everything could counter everything.
C4 ATV's and Drones.
Everything was destructible.
Dust mechanics allowed for close quarter engagements on any map, even the open wide ones.
Explosions and sound design were the best in the franchise by a wide margin.

If you haven't flung an ATV covered in C4 at a tank, marked someone with a tracer dart and watched a hail of rockets rain down on him or knocked out a helicopter pilot with a smoke grenade launcher, you have yet to experience the game in its entirety. BC2 may have been a spinoff, but it was still a BF game at its core.

And I say all this as someone who's played BF2 years before BC2 came out.

Then you should post some examples proving your point.

what's P2W about Tarkov? I'm guessing you never played it, because you can go in with an axe, and with some stealth and patience come out with loads of good gear.

You could have made so many other criticisms, but p2w is pants on head

Holla Forums hates everything while people enjoy their new video games and don't sperg out.
Its spergs like you that ruin video games for all of us, not developers.

Great argument for a guy recommending a thirty dollar early access game.

no one told you to buy the game, maybe a year ago I would say give it a try on a free weekend but now ubi is actively trying to ruin the one decent thing they had going for them. With them trying to implement a god damn instant ban on muh toxic words you would expect the games existing fanbase to plummet but unfortunately a lot of plebbit kids play it and are actually PRAISING the idea of instantly banning people who called them a nigger. I hover over the uninstall button each time they throw out garbage like this but unfortunately there are no half decent shooters on the market that have CQB and destruction mechanics like siege does that make it fun for me.

Doom is serious sam knockoff?
Have you played it, faggot?
Baitest of all three baits.

Mediocre at best, already been too many threads on it.
Never heard of it but it says it has a skill tree and roguelike shit so I'll pass.
A worse borderlands with worse scaling that shit all over the decent first game. You'll need to try a bit harder.

I fucking hate you retards and the rest of the normalfags that think this. I read for at least 3 hours a day but I know it's no more productive than playing vidya.

Darkest Hour mod for Red Orhcestra is still alive although I don't like a lot of the shit the literal nu-devs added. Festung Europa now.

You forgot nu-Wolfenstein. It basically saved the FPS genre.

>tfw tribes was fucked utterly and completely by (((Hi-Rez)))

Look at all of these hipsters drawing garbage modern art. Truly art for the masses is great.

WRONG

I don't think you understand the purpose of leisure time you insipid fuckstain.

Can't have your cake and eat it too, faggot. You dumb cunts who don't actually play games only whine about what you don't like instead of playing them. Regardless Battlefield Bad Company 2 to BF4 are still kicking and good games, Rising Storm 2 is currently my favorite multiplayer shooter, Midair is a tribes like FPS-Z currently in early access making big progress probably launching free to play this year in summer although the playerbase is small and Insurgency is also fun and alive.
That is all I have played since the new year.

It was dead for like 15 years already, user

This.

Consoles ruined the genre mechanically and opened it up to mouthbreathers, so the developers had to adjust (= dumb everything down) further.

FPS are not dead. Only FPS you think are good are not flourishing. Though we don't live under communism so gamers don't need to get permission of self appointed commissar to choose games.

Yes, the genre was completely fucked after they released Faceball 2000 on the Super Nintendo

The world is a big place. Those games have maybe 1-2 servers with people on them in my country and they have the most no fun settings on them.

Compare the most popular games of old with the current popular titles. They don't compare.
What annoys me most is how modern games have removed basically all community aspects.
Whats that you want to host your own servers outside the garden? FUCK YOU!

There is no objective measure that can compare consumer goods
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility
Everything is subjective and only way to measure value is indirect via consumers demand. Communists thought that there are objective measure for the value of goods … look where it led them.

There is much higher demand for modern games. Therefore they are better. Any other analysis is literally marxism.

What this is even means.

Pirates BTFO. "Don't steal" says Jesus but you didn't listen. Enjoy wall then.

Why even post such a shitty post?
Funny you mention commies since they're the ones who engage in that sort of "everything is subjective and therefore meaningless" crap.

Funny, we don't need Communism to create a standard.

He said 2006.

Turn off the computer.

You are exagerating, especially counting the fact you lose everything after you die once
but fuck them for pricing the game like that

Not everything is subjective but somethings can definitely be. Taste in food as an obvious example but that's also why there's so many video game genres!

This is discomforting.

It actually got an update recently. Unfortunately they decided to fuck up gear slots, forcing you to fucking double tap the key to switch. Why the fuck they did this I have no idea but I'm going to return to the game as soon as they fix that.

Big NO. Value theory of communism is objective. The more worker spends time on the product the more value it has. Games A that was made with 20000 of worker's man hours is better than Game B with 10000 hours. Objectively, undeniably better. Try to object this. Pro tip: you can't.

But then comes scheming merchant and says that consumer 1 chooses game A, and consumer 2 chooses game B all for the same price. There is no "better product". Total relativism.

What pass do you choose? Objective truth of communism or subjectivism of capitalism?

You're fucking retarded, go be a retard somewhere else.

Amazing argument. That must be why mud huts that took hundreds of man hours to make are inherently more valuable than a car made on an assembly line.

So its is subjective and yet a standard is created and followed as rule.
And Chinese will eat eggs boiled in prebuscent piss, people will follow it as long they make a shekel out of it.

Not to mention it contradicts his retarded "if its popular its objectively valuable/better" as if like or dislike of people isnt subjective in itself.

Now your understand why communism flopped so hard everywhere. But theory is solid.

It's more like I eat my bread and you eat your eggs, or you play your shooter I play my platformer.

No, no it isn't. Something isn't more valuable just because it took longer to make. A bag of wheat doesn't become more valuable just because I cut the wheat by hand instead of using a combine.

That is key problem of economic theory how to measure of like or dislike of people that is subjective by the nature. Modern mainstream economic theory solves this problem by refusing to measure it in the absolute terms at all…
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marginalism

But in this case you use accumulated labor of worker who made combine :^) checkmate capitalist

The grind you have to do for some things feels like it belongs in a P2W game. But oddly enough, Tarkov isn't P2W.

Was this always a thing or is it just now that people confuse what server admins do?

also this prices are without tax.

Weird tangent here but are there any FPS that fit OP's criteria and ALSO have female character models?
please don't make me explain why I need this

How would you incentivize preorders, since you don't have a publisher giving you a salary before you start selling your game?
Also it doesn't seem an huge advantage if you can lose everything after a couple of rounds

Except the workers were paid their due by the factory and I purchased the combine from the capitalist who paid the factory who paid the workers.

Preorders shouldn't exist.

Good question.

How about not having any preorders at all?

CS 1.6

And then how do you make a decent sized AA game?
Kickstarter?

Don't ask me. I just know that preorders are a Jewish bullshit tactic to sell unfinished games, which may never even get finished at all.

ok, so you can just sit there and cry like everyone else
Preorders like this are the only way to fund games that are not published by big corporations while having something that's better than the usual asset flip form the unity store
I hope it gets out of beta to get a cheap key somewhere else, fuck paying 45$ for a game tough

I won't cry about it. I just simply won't buy them.

That's crowdfunding or early access. Pre-orders are for products that are finished or extremely close, and a way for buyers to get a copy on its release date, or for extra goodies that sometimes come out with them. In an ideal world. Unfortunately we live in one with bullshots and perversions of the original concept.

I think early access is the one I was mainly thinking about. I really hate that idea.

But I still don't see much of a point for pre-orders, if the game is practically done already. You probably shouldn't be making a game if you can't afford to make one to completion. Like if you're doing crowdfunding, then great. Why not? Define a clear cut set of goals that won't be changed after development begins. Then make the game once you hit your target. This idea of continually creating new development goals and trying to continue milking money from people is Jewish as shit.

Once upon a time, games were bought as a physical product which requires distribution at time and monetary cost. For the devs it's a good way to determine demand for shipping to a particular area (with some leeway) and for the buyer to assure they'll get a game they want. It does make less sense for games distributed digitally which alleviates those issues, which is why they tend to lean towards providing extras as an incentive to.

There is inherent uncertainty to paying now for something that isn't actually done, that's the nature of the beast. Naturally more will trust former Capcom devs with a spiritual Mega Man successor than they would you or me, especially if they present their idea well and it looks good, but that only increases the odds it'll come to fruition.

This extends just as well to buying games or even game consoles early in its life. Giving time is always the most sensible choice while diving headfirst is a risk.

Arguably that shows a lack of focus, but no, the major sin of most projects is inability to deliver on the original promise.

Yeah, I thinking about the pointlessness of pre-ordering a digital product. Even I pre-ordered a few physical copies of games back in the day.
That's true. But that's just how it works, isn't it? I don't know how you can alleviate any of that risk, beyond being a reputable company to begin with. I think the main pitfall of crowdfunding might be contributors having too much influence on the game design process. They may have donated $100 or whatever, but that doesn't mean their opinion is worth a shit.
These people shouldn't be making hollow promises to begin with, and should not be funded in the future. I still think they should be very upfront and transparent about goals, if you're taking the crowdfunding route.

>>>/cuckchan/

Fuck FPSs with female models, i want TPSs with customizable female models.
I honestly don't understand why this isn't more common, a lot of people swarm around those kinds of games.

There's no company in the vidya industry that is reputable nowadays. And the ones that are aren't doing kickstarter with 100 kickstarter goals they will never complete are actually getting money from publishers or making indies in their spare time without needed finances that would bankrupt them.

Honest business doesn't get you 3.3 million or Shitty No. 2 amounts of money. The pattern I see is that they use the money to then get funding from a publisher so they don't have to answer or be accountable to the people who originally donated; they never wanted to be honest with people in the first place. Kickstarter has labelled itself the get rich quick for hack developers to con suckers off of nostalgia or other marketing bullshit.

I suppose reading can be useful if you're reading something like a technical manual to teach yourself a useful skill like electrical engineering, but art is a hobby and a waste of time. That's what a hobby is, an activity you do to waste time and entertain yourself with.

Also this . You can read all the books you want but you haven't accomplished shit if you're just reading it. Speaking of which you read a lot on a text based forum like an imageboard but that's considered a waste of time by many, so why don't you fuck off and do something productive :^)

Pre-orders enables dumb fucks to trade precious word-of-mouth that could inform them that the game isn't worth buying for the convenience of not having to look for a copy on release.

On the topic of video games vs. books, the only value in a work "of art" (if that triggers you, but what else to call it) to the consumer from a self improvement perspective is in what they take from it. If it inspires you to better yourself, if it challenges you mentally, if it improves hand-eye coordination, if you're learning new vocabulary, if it depicts an ideal for the younger generations to aspire to, if it gives the people an appreciation of their history and culture, and so on and so forth. Video games can be good or bad "for you" based on this, just as books or any other work can. An entire medium can never be judged as a whole. Anybody who does that is absolutely, certainly retarded.

I happen to think that playing a lot of grindy or gacha-type games is bad for you - they are meant specifically to waste your valuable time. That said, there can be value obtained from them, be it from the story, from mastering time management, inventory management, min-maxing, the list goes on. Video games are a waste of time only if you waste your time playing literally every shitty video game ever, or spend massive amounts of time replaying the same shit over and over (not including multiplayer, which strengthens your ability to compete with others on many levels, including mentally just by strategizing and reading your enemy). Sometimes it is a difference of how often you play video games compared to doing other things, not even which video games you play.

Are there people that have no value to society that waste time playing video games? Sure. There are people that do the same thing reading comic books, reading novels, watching television, going to bars and getting wasted, doing drugs… But saying you are superior to someone for reading books instead of playing video games is laughable. You could be reading Marxist bullshit and fully believing it, you could be reading Twilight, you could be reading anime titty light novels, and the other person could be playing grand strategy. There is shit and there is something you could call "kino" (kek) or educational/informative or cultural or personally challenging in every medium. Shitty books, good books, shitty games, good games.

Art can also be objectively good or bad from a creator's perspective though. Is it beautiful, does it represent reality in some way, is it well formed and accurate to anatomy and perspective, etc. In that same way, a video game can be judged by its assets, its code, its gameplay, and so on, the same way a video game can be judged by its aesthetic, its story, its characters, and so forth. Walking simulators are objectively bad games, despite that some people with shit taste may like them. They have no gameplay to speak of, the code unimpressive because there are no mechanics but walking and examining shit, the assets may be higher effort but typically low effort trash. They aren't "fun." Most walking simulators are also bad for you - they generally teach you nothing and you gain either nothing or actively bad shit (leftist propaganda) by playing them. Good games can waste your time as well. It's really just your own ego showing when making a blanket statement of "I don't play vidya, look how much better I am than all of you gaymers." Alternatively, low effort high reward bait for Holla Forums. No (You)s from me. Sage for off-topic.

If it has nothing extra of substance with it, then yeah, it's pointless.

"Inherent uncertainty." Which is why the safest move is not to play unless you understand and accept that.

That comes back to the developers not understanding what they were doing in the first place. Nobody wanted the crappier parts of the Mega Man games with MN9, or its dumbass community manager.

Occasionally that happens but most of the time you get hackjobs releasing something resembling the original concept and running off. At the very least few will trust them in future. This is nothing new though, people have tried to develop cars in the same fashion to mixed results but very few got second chances when they fucked up.

You're clearly bored. Go play a video game, or enjoy some 2D.

I've never played it, has anyone here?

What? Are you some kind of a popular kid with friends?

jeez, next thing you tell me you are a virgin

This

Video games are worse than drugs and alcohol, at least those addicts socialize and get laid. Partying will eventually lead to some important lessons, video gamers never really mature or improve. I'd respect even a pothead before a video gamer, when i browse any political forum or whatever if i see people talking about that stuff i just write them off. Honestly that stuff can eat up all the hours of the week keeping up with them, its a subtle addiction and very evil. Gamers end up having no time to do anything else sometimes. The college kids who partied mostly all got over it and went on, a lot of the serious gamers never went anywhere. Some of these gamers are like 30 and have no skills with anything at all, like even meth heads can use tools and clean. Drink and drug are vices but some of them can grow you as a man and you quit. Social conservatives are of course more preoccupied with the traditional intoxicants but the game system will turn your kid into a fat micropenis loser and stunt his mental development. Video gamers need to be shamed by society like drug users. Gaming addiction will become more of an issue in the future.

EFT is closer to early access than pre-orders. Because if you "pre-order" you get access to the closed beta which is running most days. Also, complaints about muh P2W are because you get weapons with some packages doesn't mean shit. Some guy with a hatchet can fuck you up and steal all of it.
The biggest crime EFT commits is that it's a PvP/Mildly PvE looter shooter and not STALKER 2(Stalker 2 deserves EFT's gunplay and autistic weapon modding)

Halo 5 forge includes forge mode and custom games, so "in theory" you can do any sort of normal MP mode in it outside of the special shits and giggles ones I mentioned.

But my understanding is it's dead.

Also the campaign is trash so you wouldn't want to bother with it anyways. It's a shame because mechanically H5 has some of the best gameplay in the series.

This is some well-woven bait.

:^)

Yes, small development teams that made good games without begging for schmuck money beforehand never existed.

But you don't weave bait. unless you're a fly fisher.

There's no such genre. If you're talking about Doomclones, they've been shit for a while now.

mission-ctrl.co.uk/closed-alpha
Posting this here since it goes into closed alpha tomorrow and is taking sign ups. It's thread related. It's basically UT meets Tribes.

Damn shame. 343 and Microsoft have no fucking clue what they're missing out on not porting the other Halos to the PC. If they did though, that would basically mean the death of Xcocks (and that's honestly for the better at this point), and they'd probably sully the opportunity with Denuvo or Windows Store exclusivity or some other dumb shit.

I'd say it's been dead for about 11 years. Halo slowly but surely sank the genre, CoD4 was the deathblow.

F.E.A.R. and Crysis 1 were the swansongs for progressive, PC-centric FPS games with decent modding tools and good visuals and everything.

Escape From Tarkov

2 hardcore 4 faggots tho, beware

Decent campaign, shit multiplayer.
I'm not big into Soylikes, thanks.
Kind of a meh Borderlands clone, at-least the first one was pretty-good.

The first nuShadow Warrior was boring to me. It was a game that felt like a chore with me wanting to get it over with.

NuShadow Warrior was just Painkiller japanese edition with a upgrading system, and some other gameplay tweaks. So if you didn't like painkiller it's not really surprising if you didn't the remake.

Titanfall 2 is good

Well, it would be if not for Origin and no mod support.

Seems 8gag Holla Forums is still dumb as shit. Stay close-minded and don't play games that use BattleEye OK!!

Well yeah the nips don't make any FPS and the western industry is pretty much dead right now. It'll come back, you never know Japan is starting to like shooters maybe we will finally get COD with cute anime girls.

meow?

The weapon visual design and sound designs can cannonball into a volcano. All of the wooden weapons look like a firearms convention had a drunken night with a peanut factory.

Questions:
Why is aiming with sticks so tolerated? Why don't consoles or the games in the consoles natively support the most common input devices in the world?
If you answered "Casuals", you would understand why I don't give a shit about the genre.

It's fits for every type of game out there despite being weaker for shooters.

Quake Live

That type of thinking is a good part of what fucked the genre actually. Also class based systems can work but it has to be part of a good game, for example RO:OST.

Too much grind.

100% untrue, companies like Croteam have been making vidya for years without resorting to such tactics.

Not quite, Ion Maiden is…
Aren't these games shat out all the time?

I don't know why small game developers do this. It's effectively staggering what little hype the game could have generated over a long develop time, so by the time it comes out excitement will have fizzled and died.
Also there is another Takagi poster in here and he is my nigger

you got a name for that artist?

The best thing would be to push the big ones in the industry to keep wasting money on the genre, so they think that they will revamp it, only to lose even more money and hopefully, most go bankrupt as a result.

How about a game where 3 chink loli weapon specialists have to clear africa of niggers?

R.I.P. Blacklight you were fun while it lasted

So does KB+M you fucking mong

Because lying on the couch is more comfortable than sitting at the table. Target audience of teh consoles prefer that comfort over performance.

But here is the problem. If you allow KBM support you allow players with gear advantage to beat pad users. This is of course disruptive for their gaming experience. They either need to accept losing or move their asses from the couch to the table and pick KBM. "Lose - lose" situation. Negative experience for the target audience. Obviously console developers can't afford to allow small part of the gamers to create highly negative experience for their core majority.

Ideal technological solution for such problem would be new control device that is equal or better than KBM but can be used with the same postures as gamepad. You can invent such and become rich just kidding, of course some big corp will steal/bruteforce this device from your hands

So, the solution is the same as always: kill normalfags and whales.

what is RTS
what is 4X

Still 0 results sweeties.
If you want to play enjoyable fps games stop being sheep/hivemind.
Insurgency:Sandstorm will save fps.

I found the source. She's a demon girl who regenerates, don't worry.

No, also DDR uses a dance mat, Guitar Hero uses a useless plastic piece of shit. Why can't you expect someone to play a FPS with a keyboard and mouse?

The Steam Controller is a lot of money spent on R&D in for something that can be replaced with mouse on a plank of wood or a clipboard.
youtube.com/watch?v=89qQy-rEUgg#15m45s
If you can't balance a keyboard on your lap, you could:
• get one of those breakfast on bed tables.
• get one of those ugly gamer armrests.
• use a separate number pad or one of those smaller "gamer" keyboards.
• hold a controller on one hand.
• stop complaining that you keep losing online and stop expecting others to handicap themselves so that you can play like a homo in a competitive game.
I take issue with this because it isn't even a crutch. Aiming with an analog stick just overall inferior even for a beginners. That is why don't respect "dude bros." Casuals don't play much games and don't play for long while. What do you call the faggots keep buying AAA garbage? I don't want to lump them in with a guy that is too busy to play video games seriously. Sony and M$ bragged about how they got input from the Destiny devs in designing their controllers. Sony treated Destiny as a system seller for the PS4. Why? It is not even an exclusive. With fighting games, you have to look for an arcade stick (It is fairly easy to find but keyboards and mice are easier to find.) and no one is asking to ban arcade sticks. Even the most casual fighting game is designed around its most preferable input device (see GameCube controller support for SSBB/4). Yet the industry spends millions on R&D to make a slightly better version of an inferior input method.
Sport games are the most cancer.
RPGs are the most pozzed.
FPSs are the most cucked.

the last update I remember enjoying was Sniper vs Spy

tps are where its at anyhow for me. I like seeing the backside of my character as i lvl up and shoot fuckos

I'd be OK with first person shooters focusing less on aiming and more on things like movement.

thats essentially a first person shooter but instead of seeing your wrist you're seeing your shoulder. Over-the-shoulder third person shooter isn't a legitimate genre.

Tactical shooters are more about positioning than aim. Insurgency, Arma, those games would be more your speed.

No, those are still about clicking heads on a horizon. I'm talking about movement, how you move around the environment, not which corner you're learning around while you wait for someone to walk through a doorway. Things like platforming being combined with shooting, circling around enemies, jumping off walls, actually interesting things and much less the ultra high skill task of clicking on the right spot.

Do you really think that? i think something like resident evil or a competitive third person shooter seems a bit more fun and unique in a way from a first person shooter. With first person shooters they seem to lack something special in them other then you dying very quickly like cod.

third person shooters add something like shields, movement abilities, or cool ways to kill your enemies then just shooting at them

I think a game like vanquish would be better, maybe a little less flashy, if the camera position was pulled back a few feet and lined up with the center of the screen.

is aiming hard for you in games?

Well ain't you dumb.

SWEETIE
W
E
E
T
I
E

This shit right here is too real. To me, ASSFAGGOTS ikr die the moment there is a single tournament and people start mindlessly copying the pros, or you reach a basic non-noob level where everyone knows more or less how the game plays and demand everyone plays according to the meta. It happens with every game.

In the case of League of Legends it got even worse because certain unintended builds became viable and the fucker devs just nerfed them to the ground to ensure champions were only played in a single correct way. ADC Sona was fun as shit; not extremely effective, but it had a surprise factor, until the devs decided supporta should only play as supports because their playerbase couldn't cope with that possibility.

Controlling with mouse lying is not convenient. It is much comfortable when elbow angle is close to 90 degrees. You can get away with it with claw grip and high sense but you just narrowed audience once again not everyone uses that. Also all these lying mouse set ups take serous time to get into and out, they lock your into one posture and this is not convenient. These set ups occupy space in the room. This is not convenient

Why gamers looking for convenience and comfort should cater to YOU? Name dozen good reasons why they just don't ban you and your mouse from their ecsosystem? That is right you have no such reasons. And this is advantage of capitalism over communism, people have choice. You can play FPS with mouse on PC, they can play with gamepad on consoles. Everyone is happy (except commie commissars.)

Then Overwatch was made exactly for you :^). Plenty of heroes with self aiming or splash abilities that don't require good aim

>

So… what should I play?

You can play with your kind. The one who suggests to make everyone the same is you.

why don't you try playing some snes roms and see where it goes from there? Yoshis Island, Mario World, Star Fox, all great games.

an "official" death would mean no one is playing or making them anymore.

You probably mean a different word, like "technically" or "practically"

>

Actually I guess they had it on hiatus for so long to escape Perfect World or something. They recently migrated to their own servers and released an update which adds some minor shit and most importantly reintroduces recoil.

Very nice
My autism tingles in anticipation at the upcoming seven in a row

R6 Siege is going to shit after the game director quit during operation-health. I see no hope for it.

Insurgency was simple and fun as fuck and the workshop kept me playing, but then they had to fuck it up by tacking on anti-cheat and abandoning it to make some gay story-based sequel about totally strong independent, but oppressed women fighting the terrorists.
Nothing is sacred and nothing is forever.

That said, Tarkov looks like it's coming along nicely and I'd like to try it out, but beyond that I wouldn't hold my breath for FPS to suddenly get better.

That weapon makes no sense whatsoever.
It looks like something out of borderlands 2

I know your picture is bait, and yet I must reply

It's based on the Steryr AUG or whatever it's called. From a pure structural POV it lacks one truss from the bottom of the grip to the stock, but I don't think it's that bad honestly, because it's a bullpup. Bullpup designs house the bits that cause the recoil in the stock so meh.

I'm talking about the fact that the bullet have to turn inside the barrel from the receiver because the receiver is on the end side of the weapon, which is higher than the barrel itself.
Not to talk about the shitty design of the trigger

… I think I know those guys in real life. It even seems like the type of photo they’d be in.

you know jontron irl?

Ah no, fuck i guess my friend when he was younger just had a very jontron face

Huh. How about that, mother is right, I am simple. Time to burn up the engineering degree I guess

those are not first personal shootman games

did they remove the absolutely jewish equipment buying mechanics? that shit was almost as bad as AVA.

It turns out some games in the PS4 and even PS3 can play KB+M but they have make their own driver or something. For such a long supported input device who is at fault for it not still being natively supported?

Never heard of Mordhau…
Never wondered where the phrase "pommel someone to death" originated

nah, something new just needs to come out, new idea not another fucking arena shooter or CoD clone

Look at this

We don't talk like that. That's a shill. Nobody here would call themselves a "big siege fan". If you don't fucking get it when it's halfway spelled out for you, you also need to leave.

I start to think Rian Johnson got Kylo Ren's edgy philosophy from Holla Forums.

Quake Live
Halo 2 - Project Cartographer (I'd suggest playing it with a controller for the best experience, many people will disagree because muh fps but I find it 10 times better this way, you can even play split screen online multiplayer)
Project Reality/Squad
CSGO (cosmetic lootboxes only)

People here will suggest Insurgency and Red Orchestra/Rising Storm but they are only good for some hours of casual play.

Many will say CSGO is shit but it's the only way to play consistently good 5v5 matches, Source and 1.6 are only good if you are into shitty mods.

Many ubicucks will try to convince you about R6 Siege, don't listen to them unless you like cancer.

Oh, there's also Titanfall 2, but it will eventually die and honestly, it gets boring after a while.

halo 2 what now?

Haven't played Siege or Titanfall because I hate 3rd-party DRM schemes steam is a necessary evil

Agreed coming from a former HARDCORE CONSOLE COD PLAYER XD

siege is cancer

That shit and the gay ass zombie update is recent. It had a good run.

Siege is designed to get worse with every new update, since their main goal is to sell season passes by introducing uninspired operators. It's bloated, it lacks direction and all the core mechanics are compromised in some way to please both pc and console gamers.

Instead of allowing players to play new interesting ways, they forced most players to play with proven to be inferior control scheme.

Are there any games like Counter-Strike (or at least no instant respawn) with some more weapon depth?

I stopped playing about a year ago, I don't like the maps and new mercs. I do have good memories from the game though, nice high scores, I used to be pretty good.

xonotic

Threadly reminder that any game that does that has a 999% rise in exploitability.

I mean it's literally some shit that has the potential to end up with a mass shooting at Ubisoft…

Genres don't die, user, they peak and 10+ years later are appreciated by hipsters.

FPS is irremediably going to shit, but thats for new shit.

At least most shit with team elimination and plant the bomb.
But weapon depth, almost never.

Attached: just_together.jpeg (300x400, 12.07K)

R6 Siege Even though it gets worse with every update

Kill yourself frogposting scum your kind is not wanted here.

I'm hoping that Battalion 1944 will be good.

Niggas go play Ziggurat.

Siege literally has 2 weapons: shotgun and automatic rifle/smg with acog sight.
Each variant of these 2 weapons plays exactly the same as the others.
And the gunplay is just aiming down the sight to magically increase accuracy while strafing around corners and abusing peeker's advantage, zero depth, zero variety, zero decision making involved, if you peek aggressively and aim for the head first you win.