Does Holla Forums like Pillars of Eternity?

I've been playing through it past few weeks really enjoying it with the IE mod's tweaks . Getting my save file ready for Pillars 2 . Anyone else excited for the sequel ?

It's good for what it is, I suppose. But there was something about it which never brought me back unless I forced myself.
I'm about to get a save file ready for 2 also - My toon is a Hearth Orlan Skaen Priest to be precise.

what's with these threads as of late?

What are the recommended mods?

Does OP suck dicks?

It's shit

Would soy really effect a gay man that much?

No it's a poor attempt to ape BG

Datamining is my guess. I've noticed it too.

yeah it's pretty cool

I fucking hate this game and hope avellone kills himself to save himself and people who enjoyed his former works the embarassment

do you get dubs?

dataminers moved from cuckchan.

It was a horribly bland game with what little fun bits being in there never enabled for the player themselves: there's slavery, but your mansion cannot have slaves(your pirate ship in the sequel probably won't be allowed either, even though that's where there's the most of that going on), there's some fun NPC's, but you cannot bone them and they only get a sparse few moments to shine, there's a nice selection of gear, but the gameplay mechanics make only half of that usable and only half of that half viable…

pirated it and couldn't get into it at all. glad i didn't buy it. it's basically like playing a novel with all the pointless reading.

in the beginning, you meet up with some old wizard guy or something and the dialog text reads like a fantasy novel, talking about "his beard blowing gently in the wind" or some gay shit.

it wasn't long after that that i uninstalled it

When will Obsidian make a patch to remove this rapist from the game?

Yeah, reeks of market research. Especially when they're posting about games with sequels coming out soon.

Hey faggot, if I ever bother to play it I won't, it'll be pirated.

Where did this horrible, horrible term even originate from?

World of Warcraft.

He thinks video games are cartoons.

But how?

Yes.

Figures, r8 my toon

Pillars 1 is boring. would've dropped it right after the city part because of how shit the quests became, but went right until the part where you get to the island to kill the end boss.
Pillars 2 looks like Obsidian learned a lot from Pillars 1, but we'll just have to pirate and see

I play WoW for girls with horse dicks and this is not a horse dick.

The IE mod is the only real radically game changing mod and the highest rated and reccomnded one . It still works with the latest version as far as I know and it has ease of use features that make the game 200 percent more enjoyable for me and many other players that also hate the engagement system , for instance and other such tweaks like the recovery times being odd . Drifnitely get that one , otherwise rogue overhaul seems good as does the arcane assault mod , as for others I'd be wary as there were so many updates that happened within the first few months of the game that what little mods there were got broken after each ducessive patch but honestly IE is all you need imo . Unless you crave extra levels and power tweaks .

We think you should kill yourself.

Shit mechanics, shit writing.

Pls reroll.

Fucking hated it when it came out, killed all interest in obisidian.
Then I played the DLCs out of boredom earlier this year and was shocked. It was actually fixed and was pretty fun.
I was actually able to play a dorf fighter who killed the fuck out of everything with greatswords.

Toon Town, an MMO for actual children who then moved on to WoW (of course).

I'm amazed . Are we just at the point now where someone whom literally just wants to discuss the merits of a VIDEO GAME I enjoy on the V I D E O G A M E S board is met with immediate hostility and suspicion for simply asking the consensus of other people that enjoy games ?

What did you expect though?

If somebody can't figure out what Holla Forums might think of a game like PoE, they don't belong here in the first place.

Not when the OP isn't genuine. Shills have no place in organic discussion.

You'd be able to spot them if you have been here longer than 24 months.

When i opened that i could see only the top part but i already knew it would be futa.

Yes
It's been like this for well over a year now

If you think the OP is a legit other user who just wants to discuss a particular game, you haven't been here long enough and you either need to lurk and shut the fuck up, or go back to whence you came.

To address the OP's question regardless, no, Holla Forums does not like it and will never like it. All pozz-related topics aside, I myself played the game and couldn't stand it (I also played BG 1 and 2). It was horrendously, incredibly fucking boring. They did not manage to make any aspect of the game fun or exciting, and their idea of good writing was ridiculously overdrawn purple prose spouted by any living thing imaginable. That might have been somewhat okay if the dialogue was intriguing, but even that was terribly dry and bland as a cardboard box.

Pillars of Eternity is what happens when developers given total independence and creative freedom try to ape a game they supposedly love without understanding anything about what made said game fun to start with.

But … I am the op . And last I checked I wasn't transformed into a hook nosed merchant shilling for Obsidian . Unless that sort of thing works like Lycanthropy and I'm just unaware of it . I just genuinely wanted to know the opinion of this game on a board I haven't frequented in some months . Though I am not entirely surprised by the reactions here, I didn't think I'd have to assert that I'm actually someone that enjoys games posting on a video game board. Pillars has plenty of flaws and I actually agree with a majority of the concerns listed here and the valid criticisms that aren't just dismissive "muh sjw pandering" non starters. As to the guy asking for slavery complaining his game isn't edgy enough I'd like to point out that it's not just butthurt people with fragile sensabilities game designers have to contend with, it's also considering the fact that , at the end of the day a game has to cater to the audience that's going to buy their game . Don't get me wrong, classic isometric RPGs like Planescape Torment, and Fallout 1 and 2, and other similar thematic sucessors like KOTOR II and Fallout New Vegas that are able to explore darker themes and give more variety to play styles by allowing you to make morally gray or questionable decisions and show multiple angles of those themes are my favourite kinds of games, and I'd love to see more representation of those kinds of games myself, however I think a distinction should be made from being edgy for the sake of controversy or having actual substantive repercussions for those choices your character can make as result of such freedom to roleplay. Again, I've no issue whatsoever with things touched on in fallout for example, like cannibalism, slavery , murder and the like . I simply argue for the allowance of such things to not be a trivial dressing , but to have some impact on how the narrative unfolds and have some reason for inclusion in the game other than just to make it edgier . I think, for what pillars is, it's by no means perfect or anyhting approaching the writing quality of Planescape , Fallout 1 or 2 or even New Vegas , but I'd argue for a first attempt at a new IP , given the precaution obsidian had to take to craft an identifiable yet familiar enough setting , it does what it set out to achieve, even if only marginally . It's no Baldurs Gate or Planescape by any means , and it has quite a few mechanical game design problems and overbearing walls of prose. I think most of its problems stem from not being able to engage the player enough to invest them in the world and care about the characters and events within it adequately. The lore isn't bad per se, it's just victim to a terrible delivery and unsatisfying resolutions that don't give you the feeling of really making an impact upon the world . That's just my opinion though .

Get the fuck out, permanently.

Never played it but, on the topic of BG rip-offs, I recently downloaded Inquisitor and have been enjoying it more and more the deeper I get into it.

Russian hackers

Eh it's alright, nothing special. While I did selecting all the background history for my character, other than that it's all standard stuff.

I also don't like what they did with the stats, if you wanted to increase the damage of your spells you essentially had to increase strength, which turned you into a muscle wizard.

I'm just saying it's a little disconcerting when you're playing a rail thin mage and you get the dialogue option "Lift by neck with one hand and threaten".

It's nu-RPG shit, like every single one of the big kikestarted RPGs.

Imo tyranny was way better, PoE was a direct downgrade from it, so honestly I'm not expecting PoE 2 to be better in any way

We think that you should take your marxist cancer elsewhere.