Pyre

I just beat this game for the first time last night and I couldn't recall having seen Holla Forums ever talk about it. It's very story-heavy, but the gameplay is very solid as well, especially since I'm not usually a fan of sports games. I think there were some things about the plot and setting that I missed, because a couple of things don't make sense to me.

Whatever happened to the Voice? Why did he think that the player could take over for him once they earned their freedom?
Why did the Rites start ending in the first place? Is it just because some other stats started fucking things up?
Why is Fae even in this game when she's only got one personality trait and she's the worst person to have on your team?
Who is best girl and why is it Sandra?

I didn't bother checking it out since I was so disappointed in Transistor after Bastion. I have it but just haven't been in the mood to try it yet.

I was never interested in Supergiant's other games, so I was pleasantly surprised by how enjoyable it was. Of course, a large amount of that is due to the soundtrack, but they clearly put a lot of work into it.
The game is piss easy unless you bump up the difficulty, though. I only lost two matches on this run and I'm going to crank it up and see how hard I get fucked by the AI.

Good to know, I'll start on harder modes when I play it.

Also I think that as the same for Bastion and Transistor as well, you had to use the in-game limitations of your abilities, health etc. such as the Shrine idols in Bastion to make it harder on yourself instead of just being challenging in the first place.

Did they have difficulty modes, or just toggles, so to speak? This game has both, but I've only activated a few Titan Stars at a time, and only on the regular difficulty.
I still had a few close games where I didn't realize how pumped I was until it was over by a scant few points.
My biggest complaint about the game is that it's too short, though. By the time you've gotten your full team and made aware of what's going on, you're about halfway through the game and it's just a march to get as many people free as possible. There's not really a dedicated antagonist, either - just a bunch of assholes in a bad situation trying to be better than everyone else. I would've appreciated more filler bullshit so I could learn more about everyone else.

Funny, I was just installing it right now.

Oh, I forgot to mention one thing: The game must be optimized like shit because it makes my computer run hot despite looking like a storyboard for 80% of the game. Not very hot, but still.

The Voice is the ruler of the commonwealth, who is required to be someone who was formerly banished. This is explained pretty explicitly.

The Rites start ending primarily due to return of the eldritch monster god whatevers, but its also implied to be related to the former nightwing guy who's name i'm forgetting.

Fae is cute and fills a gameplay niche.

I know who the Voice is, I meant that he was the only character who wasn't mentioned in the epilogue at all. As the leader of the commonwealth, he's presumably killed or exiled, but I felt like he deserved more than that, given that he was sort of the narrator.

I didn't miss any of the info on the Rites or Oralech, but we get almost nothing on the guy after you learn his backstory. Is he related to the Rites ending, or is it all coincidental? He was built up as this antagonist, but he never did anything wrong and if he wasn't behind it, then he's one of the most moral characters in the game.
This game does a great job in making me think there's more going on, but I have the suspicion that a lot of things were left unexplained just to tickle the noggin.

iirc rites ended due to that gods weren't ok with the whole revolutionary thing going on since the treeguy explicitly tells you trought your adventure that hes tired of both the aristocratic cunts from above and their gods being autistic childrens who subjected everyone to vanishment.
What I did not like about the game is how certain characters are really situational in comparison to others

I can see that. I played two matches, it's pretty fun but so far it's pretty damn easy.

Really? I thought the Voice was just autistically screeching because I wasn't doing what he wanted, I guess he was right to be upset.
Are you talking about how everyone is shit compared to Pamitha and Ti'zo?

The first 5 minutes wore enough to make me uninstall it

I can only imagine what kind of other SJW propaganda it has

Ah, yes, the oil drilling. How could I forget?

We had a thread when it released and the consensus seemed to be "eh, it's okay." PIss easy as you said, plus stiff/sticky controls, plus simplistic gameplay, saved somewhat by good narration and Jen Zee's work, which was phenomenal as ever. While I don't discount media based on politics, the subtle "let's all get along" stuff in Bastion seems to have escalated to what said, which is pretty silly in a game that wants to open with your character almost dying. There were also some performance problems on PC - have those been patched?

I've been disappointed Bastion was apparently a fluke, since Transistor was a big disappointment and Pyre seems to be average. Supergiant's games are beautiful and usually have some neat ideas, but the actual play experience tends to be middling at best. Pyre seems to be no exception; in the launch thread, I had mentioned I hoped it sold well enough for them to potentially make a better game in the future, but I think it may have flopped given the total lack of coverage, even at launch.

Downloading main game now version some 1.14xxx

Do I need more patches? are there some game breaking bugs or something?

I certainly didn't buy it. I think I have an unupdated version, since I've got this annoying "Low FPS" text in the corner of my screen when I'm trying to read my VN sports game. I felt like the game was almost great, but needed some more time to flesh things out and tweak the gameplay to not be so unbalanced. I really wish I could've made my own characters and had complete control over their stat growth, even if it was just a postgame thing.

fantasy football got boring really fast.

The game is a visual novel with some magic basketball 3v3 which is not bad, the game is actually quite good.

However, it becomes tedious when you want to replay it to see more endings or more options such as FORCING yourself to LOSE to see what happens in certain scenarios. You can take way too long to reach those spots that you never saw in your previous run(s) going through many of the stuff that you already know again and again.

It's neat, looks and sounds amazing and the story is quite nice. It's just that it's missing something and that may be that a game cannot be carried only by music, style/graphics and story; it needs heavier gameplay.

It's a sports game, just give me a league mode without a story so I can just sail around fighting whoever. I had the most fun late in the game when the AI actually put up a fight instead of walking into walls or passing to someone across the arena to try and dunk on me. It's about as fun as Blitzball right now, and that's not high praise.

How is magical football when playing against another human and not the bot?

Nobody plays this game, so no one will ever know.

There's no online and so it ended with me and my friend taking turns using the controller and getting fucked because all of our muscle memory was on keyboard
game itself single player is fine if you don't play like a pussy and turn on True Nightwing mode.