Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth Remake?

So this just appeared right after Squeenix changed management.

Or mobile game, again.

It's going to be a shitty mobile port again, and you know it.

I don't want them to mess with Valkyrie Profile, and especially not Lenneth. If SE wants to mess around with the IP just make a separate game unattached to the others and give it to someone like Yoko Taro.

Haha I sure am hyped, I can't wait to pre-order this great game that I haven't seen any raw gameplay of :^)

what happened?

inb4 the game is changed halfway through development to be another Lightning game because XIII didn't fail hard enough.

It's fucking nothing.
The original director left last year and the team's ideas for a proper third game got turned into mobile trash.
If they're remaking it, it's a waste of time. The original has its flaws, but nothing severe.

They'd do a greater service to the series by porting all 3 games to PC.
Maybe bring back the director and let the guy do his thing for a proper VP3.

I think even they are ready to abandon XIII.
It's fucking over and everyone knows it.

They changed the last Valkyrie game to Lightning Returns partway through development, they could do it again.
Hell, they might even retcon the whole series and make Lightning hop in to VP's world and become some kind of messiah figure, or even the founder of the order.

Don't forget that plenty of projects were either scrapped or cannibalised during the production of XV as well.
It's a mess and FF is cancer.
But if they did retcon the VP series and turned Lenneth into a Lightning game, I'd be so amazed I wouldn't even be mad, really.

It would serve as a true testament of Squenix's autism and incompetence.

Well a Chrono game was also consumed by XIII's failure and turned in to XIII-2 starring autismo's boring sister.
And like you said, the effect of XV's disaster on the company cannot be overstated.

That's only half true. Tri-Ace were indeed in a consulting role(and only a consulting role) for Lightning Returns, but the game was about Toryama's waifu from day one. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the game design was cannibalized from a failed VP3 proposal, though.

It's another mobile game

Game is frankly an antiquated piece of shit, the gameplay is 2D dungeons and turn based battles. Story is poorly localised unskippable dialogue. Good luck with that in 2018. It did not age well. Not really sure if there's a large enough nostalgiafag market for it.

You can play Lenneth on PPSSPP. Not that I recommend it.

vp is one of those games like strange journey or phoenix wright where the art direction works perfectly so you can't really 'turn up the graphics' to make it any better and the attempts to do so are awful. none of these games have any need to be remade.

Playing it in bed on a PSP is a lot comfier.

I agree with the unskippable cutscenes being ass and the battle animations taking too bloody long to finish, but I don't see how the rest of what you mentioned is an issue.
Games don't "age," it's the same as it has always been, it's just that people have modern expectations of a 20 year old game.

Remakes rarely turn out well anyway.

I know how you feel but don't get your hopes up son. Look at what they did with remake of mana. The port of CT. You know they will find a way to fuck this. My bet is they will announce it's for mobile. And that's ASSUMING it's a remake not a half asses port they have the nerve of calling a remake.

I didn't knew that. While Toryama's cancer about fucking the FF franchise to be all about his waifu robot Lighting was bad enough I would be even angrier if it really was supposed to be a new VP game they turned into other game about his waifu. So at least they only worked as consulting there so…not THAT bad.

so they are going to port the inferior JP version of the game, AGAIN?

It has been like that since VII, as far as I know.

I think it aged pretty well. I beat it a year and a half ago on the psp and can't say much of anything bad about it besides the floaty story and loose ends (Brahm, for example. He's not even in any sort of mythology at all.).

Nothing wrong with turn-based battles (especially with the way VP does it) or how the dungeons are 2D (it's partly a sidescroller after all).

They'll find a market for it though. Probably harp on the "LE NORSE" myth akin to Skyrim and throw in some lootboxes with all kinds of MYTHICAL gacha weapons/amulets.

Toriyama BTFO

those anons are right, with Denuvo on top on PC.

If it's a remake, I hope it brings the improvements from the original US release. I think it's one of those games that should stay 2D, and I wouldn't be opposed to a great 2D team hand drawing the sprites.

PC has earned its denuvo tbh

I give it s 60% chance that it's a mobile port of the PSP or DS games

If they remake Covenant of the Plume so it either plays like 1 or 2, that would be WONDERFUL.

It's not even a joke, the last game was for mobile. Valkyrie Anatomia The Origin

Time to learn japanese

I have a copy of Lenneth but only played it for about 2 hours. How long does it take for it to get good?

you're better off

Oh good, they're doubling down on the incompetent remakes to fuck up another game i loved. Wonder how they'll shit it up THIS time.

The only thing keeping this from being a pachinko machine, is that it's Square Enix and not Konami.

Until Freya leaves and you are finished with the prologue.

Complete one chapter, see the sacred phase and then decide if the game is any good.
The format stays the same, but you get to see some very interesting things every now and then (like Lezard's shenanigans).
You also might want to try and find a spoiler-free A ending guide.

If you didn't like it by the second chapter, you can safely drop it, that's the whole game.

Even if it was a true remake, it would spend a decade in development hell and you know it.