Nicalis A Shit

Reminder Nicalis is a piece of shit developer that strangles the developers it ropes into working for them until their money is bled dry
I'm still fucking mad about 90's Arcade Racer

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicalis
cavestory.org/forums/threads/why-does-everyone-hate-the-nicalis-ports.14167/
lmgtfy.com/?q=nicalis a shit
lmgtfy.com/?q=binding of isaac afterbirth 3ds issues
archive.is/5HugA
youtube.com/watch?v=wAsDRIF25SE
twitter.com/nicalis/status/197093647404105729
twitter.com/nicalis/status/197095291420286978
twitter.com/LaMulana/status/197162527187152897
lmgtfy.com/?q=nicalis la mulana scam
lmgtfy.com/?q=90s arcade racer cancelled
store.steampowered.com/app/418620/The_TakeOver/
steamcommunity.com/app/418620/discussions/0/412449508285371058/
kickstarter.com/projects/896834116/the-90s-arcade-racer/updates
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do shitty publishers like them and NISA even survive? Surely nobody would want to work with them?

I don't even know, but from what the post suggests, they get asked to do some real simple shit and then warp it into a kike singularity where they'd go so far as to bar a game's RELEASE over their incompetence.

Atleast racing apex looks like it can fill 90 arcade racer's place.

depends on the company
For Nicalis? They snag a few "high profile" indie games and build a fanbase from that. If they are ever in bind they just re-release cave story for the 90th time and people will buy it up again and again.

For NISA? The biggest bulk of their sales come from france alone. French weeaboos do not care about quality and only want the game in their language. They also get a shit ton of money from anime licensing. This is how they get the money to undercut better localization teams and snag up popular IPs to burn to the ground.

Also reminder that Nicalis pocket most of the money from cave story ports and Pixel gets nothing, which is why he turned to a different publisher for Kero Blaster.
And they have attempted repeatedly to get the rights to the freeware version

I think NISA gets away with most shit because they mostly do overseas localization and the original devs just don't care that much to spread the word as to how bad they are. That might change considering how they fucked up Ys 8's PC release since they were the ones to port it and that the localization was so bad they had to make a patch and then delay it to fix it. It'll only get worse when the Switch release arrives since they tried to port the game without touching the fucking source code.
Nicalis, however, I have no clue.

Why must France be so shit?

I'm guessing it's to sell it.

Worse.
They want to try and remove it and the fan website.
And all the translation patches.

This is Sekai levels of Jewry.

Or Fakku

What's wrong with this though? Seems pretty legit for the most part and understanding.
Find me some better dirt on Fakku and Jewcob user.

If people want to buy the games to support them they will, if they don't they won't. The only thing DMCAing the pirates is going to do is cause kill the community that has formed over the years.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on this game, thanks bro. Gotta have something to fill this shitty hole in my heart.

Holy shit those turbo kikes

This is some jew wizardry, goddamn.

ignore that extraneous "cause"

post something meaningful instead

Okay, how about kill yourself for being a retard contrarian faggot who doesn't know Nicalis' reputation or the shady shit they've done.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicalis
I wonder why.

Why hasn't someone hired a hitman to rid the world of the plague that is jewcob? Jesus Christ, that nigger is trying to get his greasy fingers everywhere.

So then you just want to preach to the choir? Some people aren't into the whole 'listen and believe' thing and aren't familiar with every sleazybag company out there. Don't take it personal. faggot

Not our fault you're so lazy you can't even google.

Some examples, they are common knowledge:

how about you fucking substantiate it you retard

same goes to you, retard.

I'm aware of this, they gave daisuke amaya something like 60% of the profit which is a bit larger than expected because they were handling all the distribution work. You can still get cave story for free too. Already better than how nightdive handled system shock portable but that's not really a similar situation as system shock wasn't free at launch.

Nigger, that isn't a fucking source. It's just a picture of a post citing things that happened. I.E. a fucking summary. No one claimed it was the source of those things.
Stop being a fucking retard.
If you want a source fucking ask for it, don't just dismiss it like a fucking kike.

I'm dismissing it because there's nothing substantial being thrown around. If it takes you this long to provide anything substantial I'm getting convinced there isn't anything.

other anons might be easier to convince because they're ready to believe anything you put in front of them, but if you want to convince more you should provide some real material instead of le green text and le pink text and rehashed ownage posts.

typical shill tactics, get some new ones under your belt nicalis kike.

Maybe all these years of posting on imageboards has rotted your brain. You seem unable to argue anything without green text.

Now this is just blatant shitposting. Nevermind having an actual conversation.
Please return to cuckchan.

I think we all used to hold Holla Forums in higher esteem, but cuckchan seems to have taken over.

Wew, retards think alike
Everybody and their mothers on the thread is telling you to FUCKING GOOGLE
It's not our fault you're newfags that haven't lurked enough to know about nicales

We're even telling you things, and you're still sperging around and derailing the thread acting like retards
Fuck off already

Wew.

Which part of
do you not understand?
I'm not telling you to listen and believe, that is fucking retarded, I'm just telling you to stop acting like a retard if you want people to spoonfeed you.

>

k
>cavestory.org/forums/threads/why-does-everyone-hate-the-nicalis-ports.14167/

so far I'm in the I don't care state right now, and I'm really unimpressed this is the cause for a crusade. Give me something substantiative because so far you're looking like whiny faggots who need to be gassed.

you certainly are overpaid for your (lack of) skills.

lmgtfy.com/?q=nicalis a shit

oh, of course these are neofag threads.

And you can verify each and every one of the claims, but you just wanna be a bitch about it.

Why the fuck are you two in this thread? they are one of the many companies not to be supported because they are fucking jews, not only are you retarded lazy niggers who insult people while still asking to be spoonfed, you can't even lurk moar or research yourselves.

I'm saying you're going to have to work at it a little bit if you want to fit in here. You don't seem to understand, you're making the claim, it's up to you to provide evidence to legitimize it.

a kike publisher acting like a kike is amazing to you?
don't answer that shekel monger

You know the alternative is "trust but verify" right?
You know you can use your brain to verify a claim right?

here faggot, more examples from other websites
fuck off already
lmgtfy.com/?q=binding of isaac afterbirth 3ds issues

Why trust anything if they're not even willing to give the slightest hint that it's true? The first thing I look up makes all the complaints look really mundane, so the extraordinary ones sound really fucking unlikely so far. Why are you so hesitant to prove there's some actual substance to your complaints?

Bless this shitposter

Because I have better things to do than matching an announcement date to a release date for some retard on the internet, you can do that yourself if you really want confirmation.

Funny how that works. Please note that I simply took issue with some faggot up in the thread shitting on someone asking for a source other than an Holla Forums post, immediately calling him a contrarian faggot for daring to question something posted here. I'll gladly shit on a company deserving it, but god damn, dude.

I honestly don't see how you niggers take such issue with a simple request for a god damn source to your claim. You act all confident until the moment someone questions it a little bit, then you turn into a bunch of screeching apes.

Is nicalis strangling something else right now?
Both Studio Pixel and Nigoro are away from their grasp and with Playism being a thing I don't see any other Japanese dev falling for their kikery

You want a source that Nicalis is an awful publisher? How about the fact that none of the developers who worked with them have anything positive to say and have completely cut any association with them?

user, I'm sorry you fell for that scam.

here's how you do some real evidence and dev smearing you stupid nigger.
Edmund McMillen is a fat no talent faggot who has only produced flash games, snubbed pc gamers, and dismissed all criticisms with a tantrum. Super Meat Boy is a high precision platformer programmed in adobe flash in an engine that has input lag and insists you're using the wrong control scheme. Edmund is such a tremendous faggot he refuses to accept his shitty (adobe flash) programming could have anything to do with the games bugs and flaws, falling back on a "le works on my machine" defense like the fat faggot redditer he is.

Note the video and the interview from the best gamers. I'd also include the video of him throwing a tantrum about reviewers and players critiquing his game, but it's become harder to find over the years so for now you're just going to have to listen and believe.

Take this reddit shit out of here and learn how to do this shit the right way. None of this le epic green text story. This isn't fucking reddit, and if you think that works here you need to go the fuck back you fucking nigger.

yeah like post in a thread all day about your neofag theories.

Ok, you're just a troll

Well, if you desire the problems to the port:

Many fans of BoI say that this is the worst version to play the game on. But at least the worst bugs were fixed.

holy fuck this is some reddit shit. kill yourself.

Cool list, but he won't pay attention to it, see his last reply, he's already deflecting really bad
It's a troll, report/filter and move on

that's more like it. So the port is a disaster, but who handled what? Edmund McMillen, an already proven to be lazy as fuck programmer or the guy who flat out said the port is having some big problems? You even said Nicalis issued a patch to fix the worst issues.
archive.is/5HugA

go to bed sarg'n

They teamed up with Studio Saizensen for a crossover fighting game, hopefully that doesn't mean anything more than that.

Better than shilling for one of the shittiest publisher for no compensation.
But let's humor you with one of the worst thing Nicalis has done.
Announcement:
youtube.com/watch?v=wAsDRIF25SE
JP release:
June 21, 2011
Shit excuses:
twitter.com/nicalis/status/197093647404105729
twitter.com/nicalis/status/197095291420286978
Dev doesn't know anything about said shit excuses:
twitter.com/LaMulana/status/197162527187152897
Worldwide release on Playism (meaning the localization and porting back to PC took almost no time once they ditched Nicalis):
July 13, 2012
ROW release on WiiWare by new publisher (meaning it took half the time between the JP release and the Nicalis cancellation to make it):
September 20, 2012

Guess whose job is it to do QA?
If the guy already knew it had problems then why the fuck didn't he delay the release to fix the issues?
This only makes your employers at Nicalis look even worse.

that's more fucking like it, that's how you argue like a fucking man instead of like a little bitch redditer. Ante the fuck up.
>twitter.com/nicalis/status/197095291420286978
according to this, it was a project handled by someone else. If I had to guess, Nicalis was handling distribution. Something like this also happened with the goons from carpefulgar who were doing a translation for a falcom game a few years ago, massive delays and it ended up reflecting poorly on xseed who contracted them to handle the port. The guys were crying on twitter about being suicidal while the project they were hired to handle wasn't moving for months at a time.

now we're getting to some real truth. Who's at fault here, the guys they hired and failed to deliver, or nicalis the guys who arranged the deal in the first place? Squeaky wheels and weak links.

you don't even know how game production works you fucking mouthbreathing retard.

The someone else is NIGORO whose job was to handle the port to WiiWare which was done 7 month prior to that announcement if you look at the JP release date.

Neither do your employers considering how much they fuck up

Then what's the explanation for Nicalis failing to publish the game on time? Who failed at doing what to get that project through the pipeline so it landed on the wiiware store? It wouldn't surprise me after taking so long they decided to pull out because of the declining wii public interest and the wii u being out that year.

You know porting is a collaborative job, right? And even then, Edmund, as much of a bad programmer is, had Nicalis as a team backing him up on all the versions. If the game is faulty, the problem comes from the whole group, so, while I would agree that Nicalis is not the only one to blame here, still has its fare share of guilt. nicalis was a developer on Binding of Issac Rebirth, their job was to iron up the bag programming of Edmund and launch it.

Nicalis at lest tried to fix the bugs after the launch, and did decently by making the product not complete garbage.

Considering it landed just fine as soon as Nicalis was out of the picture, you can sow your baseless speculation up your ass.

I 100% agree. Who deserves more however, the proven incompetent one or the one who is saying "yeah we're gonna have some issues." You even agree, they tried to salvage something out of it. You also need to understand it's not a studio of people working on projects, its teams, and in this case it appears to have been a team of two. The guy who should have all the knowledge of the game (McMillen), and the guy who was likely put on project due to knowledge & experience with the platform (Tyrone) Unless I see more detailed credits, all the information has led that these are the two who handled the project.

Why the fuck are you all freaking out about providing sources? You can't make a claim like "Nicalis is a shit publisher!" and than tell someone to just search up why they are. What are the keywords to search? What incidents should they search up? Give fucking examples, like or or
I seriously hope you guys didn't just come into a thread to complain about Nicalis to an echo chamber of people who also hate Nicalis. Threads like these should exist to spread the word of why they are shit, not just to have people pat you on the back for agreeing with them, and no, MUH SPOONFEEDING isn't applicable in this case. You want to convince people, put in the 30 seconds it takes to state your reasoning.

Are you aware that there's a picture on the OP, the first one, in fact, that cites three different incidents where Nicalis was the one at fault?

I think you are having the wrong point on this issue. While this way of thinking is justifiable on criminal law, on consumer's right the logic is to consider the whole group as faulty. While Edmund did the bad programming, it was the Nicalis team behind the port to the 3DS, as well as Edmund, to make a good port, and on that they didn't succeeded. It's not about "who has more fault", but rather "both have equal amount of fault".

What says. If you fail to basic google shit on the OP, and then ask for it, that's asking to spoonfeed.

Demonstration of what to do that gives you information just by using a bit your brain:
lmgtfy.com/?q=nicalis la mulana scam
lmgtfy.com/?q=90s arcade racer cancelled

You newfags need to lurk more

Well that's a good start, the OP actually did a decent job there. It's mainly everyone who came after him that started freaking out. As I said, more stuff like would help. If you actually care to make an argument, sharing more evidence and arguments shouldn't be a bad thing

The problem I have with that fag is the same one I have with you. Asking for sources isn't bad, in fact it should be encouraged.
Neither of you did it, however, he just came in shitting on the picture of the OP and you just came in shitting on the thread, completely ignoring all previous posts. A simple "source?" post would suffice, yet you want to bait people and act as if you are right.

EVERYONE ABOVE THIS LINE IS CUCKCHAN

Wait, THAT'S why The 90's Arcade Racer still hasn't come out yet?
God dammit, I've wanted this game ever since I saw it, and now we're basically never going to get it all because of some fucking jewery?
Isn't there some legal action that can be taken? People can't keep getting away with this bullshit.

B-but it'll be out for Switch, so it's okay now!

What really worries me now is that they're working on Blade Strangers and may do something to ruin it for everyone. There is barely any news about the game these days either. Besides one event in Japan, its been radio silence. Playasia say March 21st and their site just say "2018" with Amazon saying Dec 31 2018 meaning they don't have a date either. So I'm assuming Playasia's date is outdated as the game is probably getting delayed.

Complete transparency is pretty common with Nicalis though.

Considering Nicalis outright lied about the game not being finished, blamed the dev and everything went smooth once they were gone I would be tempted to say it's on them, I'm think they came out latter and talked about the WiiWare release not being worth the money it would generate.
I mean every event around the release point them as the issue, there couldn't have been any problem with the game itself since it was already released, there couldn't have been much issue with the localization since that was released a month after they cancelled, and they couldn't have been that competent if a random studio outdid them in half the time.

The only thing that aren't fully known is whether the remake was made for PC first and had to be ported back to Wii or the opposite or even if both versions were developed in tandem and if NIGORO salvaged some progress from the arrangement but as said the game was done and released and localizing it isn't exactly the hardest thing around.

The thing is I posted that example because it's the best, the others are mostly they announced X on Y date but released it years latter despite it being seemingly a very simple job (I mean in Ikachan's case it's running on the same engine as Cave Story which they already had running and there's like maybe a couple hundred lines of text at most, this shit is maybe a month of work for a single guy and another month of QA at most).

The only other one worth digging into is 90's arcade racer, but almost everything is under wraps, and the dev might not be blameless since he's currently working on an entirely different game.
store.steampowered.com/app/418620/The_TakeOver/
Granted it's not a bad example of early access since the progress is regular and constant, so it does show the dev isn't a total scumbag and is competent enough to see a project through.
Here's a few place where the dev addressed concern over 90's arcade racer granted it's mostly PR speak
steamcommunity.com/app/418620/discussions/0/412449508285371058/
kickstarter.com/projects/896834116/the-90s-arcade-racer/updates

The steam update was two years ago, the kickstarter one was a few more months than that.

You've mistakenly assumed that user wasn't lying about Edmund being a programmer. Edmund can't, and never has, programmed anything besides a dress up flash game. He works with other programmers, most notably Tommy Refenes with whom he is called Team Meat, but he only does design.
TBoI:R on the other hand, was entirely programmed by a team put together by Nicalis, with Edmund only designing objects in a text format and drawing sketches, and he designed the levels with the editor given to him. Nicalis is solely responsible for the bugs in all versions of the game, which includes them implementing features wrong, giving wrong stats to items, all the crashes etc. that the 3DS version has, and ignoring these things when explicitly given lists and detailed explanations of the problems.