SAO:Fatal Bullet

This game was genuinely fun, aside from having to grind for affection and having to get the bad ending before I could get the true ending and not having a special scene with the girl you chose and Kirito Mode's story with Death Gun being like an hour tops.

In terms of gameplay and maybe story I think this is the best SAo game yet, and that's from a guy who doesn't like SAO.

Other urls found in this thread:

please
archive.is/boV8i
whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Before anyone says it, yeah that other thread is just about denuvo and was derailed hard so it should be pruned but whatever.

What build did you go for in the game and how big did you make your ARF-sissy?

Fuck off SAO. The games are just as shit as the anime.

how does it compare to hollow realization exactly? HR had genuinely good mechanics but it was simply too easy and you got buried under a fucking mountain of completely inconsequential dialogue.

For what reason is there to play this instead of picking up Freedom Wars?

I think HR was much more fleshed out and "realized" in the experience side of things, to its own detriment. It seemed like emphasizing the character interaction and the fun elements of the game was given more focus.

For example, you get a few "EEEH?!" CGs here and there but it's nothing like in HR with pics related.
You really get the sense that the writers wanted to tell a more mature story (as mature as a jrpg with "friends rule" as the theme, anyway). Because it's not bloated with extra visual novel style stuff the game goes by insanely fast, likely why the devs thought making you rewind back to the last third of the game wasn't a big deal.

Gameplay is very fluid and fun, though once you get to dual wield machine guns you basically win. It's done, son. Leveling is important only to get the equipment you want, which you'll likely get off the abundant drops from the enemy. There's a crafting thing going on but you'll hardly use it. SwordxGun play is fun for the bullet deflection, though.

The whole "choose your waifu" thing is barebones to say the least. It's only romantic in the personal side-events you get from maxing their affection, and even then you don't really get to drive it home. It's definitely softer on that side likely because you could choose to play a girl, although Strea being a virgin slut makes it obvious it's not all just friendship magic but some these women want to you in them/to get in you.

The story is simple, as expected from the writer of the series, but it's effective enough and enjoyable. I think he toned it down a peg from HR because HR was almost Dot Hack-tier and it was a bit too complex for him.

Give it a look yourself. It's on PC so you can check it out for free and see if you like it.
Also Kirito is likable in the game, like an adult that sometimes goes full nerd over certain rare items. HR had a lot of character interaction and it bloated the game, but FB probably could have used a bit of that bloat, all things considered.

Probably because you don't have to play as Kirito

SAO and GGO as settings were great. But it's just the main characters arc was too self insert. Even though I loved the part about exploiting game mechanics to make it look like you were murdered. I've never seen anything like that before.

Hopefully GGO 2nd Squad will be good.

So where's the crack?

Freedom Wars is trash and pic related is just one reason why
It failed it's setting, its characters, its theme and doesn't even have a proper ending. At least FB has all of these things for what it offers.
Besides, if you want a hunting game with a unique setting, good characters, interesting world and array of monsters to fight while latching with an energy whip just get Toukiden 2

LITERALLY A FREEDOM WARS ASSETT FLIP WITH THE SAME CHARACTER CREATOR WITH SAO HAIR PUT IN

this is fucking laziness on a new tier. People complained about metal gear survive but jesus fuck this is monstrous.

Is this the rare bamco shill coming out? does this mean 6 more weeks of winter?

Well you do but it's only for an hour or so then you can finish the game as you.
But yeah good point. Though honestly if Kirito was the kind of guy he is in this game I might not have minded. Part of the problem was the Mary Sue of Kirito.
There's also later on how he snowballed a harem around him which made his wife look progressively more bland and eclipsed her as a character.

Pitohui is in the game and you can higher rank her affection, though there's no romantic bed scene with her.
She genuinely gets you to play Russian Roulette and laughs about how fun it is to fight PvP and fire guns. If her character remains consistent then it'll be great I'm sure.

The kicker is that Dimps worked on both games (Co-developed FW, sole developer of SAO:FB)

Not remotely. The UFG isn't nearly as useful as the Thorn in the game and if it was an asset flip it'd be broken as all get-out.
The weapons are better in this game and even the most tedious enemies are superior to the FW three types which make you smash O to try to break off things and make the sponge die faster.
I do wish they had different personality types for the ARF-sissy though she's an actual character with thoughts and a personality so I guess it's fair. Just kinda weird having the voice and spirit of a prideful loli coming from a cow-chested birthing-hipped giantess.

Turns out the team can make a fun game to play when it's not more trash MonHun gaming and they're given the budget and time to actually give the thing an ending.

Fucking this.

My experience with thie garbage heap so far:

Do you even know what "asset flip" means?

THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT EVERY SINGLE SAO GAME HAS BEEN, YOU IDIOT!

The only problem with Toukiden is that the monsters aren't nearly as aggressive enough for the total mobility the player has.

Just stop

Thread died for this.
>>>/killyourself/

- It's not 2 hours of expodump and a slow start is par for the course with JRPGs.
- You shoot things right away, what are you on about? It's part of the tutorial.
- No, they're top players in the game because they've been through four VRMMOs by now and have been playing for as long, if not longer, than the friend who invited you into the game
Like what? You don't fetch anything in this game. Are you retarded?
It's a step up to have the 3D models instead of VN-style sprites. It's cheap looking in comparison to Dot Hack which regularly has sweeping camera shots and great angles, etc.
That said, the scenes are fine. It's subjective at worst.
1. It's fun to rain bullets onto things and watch them die. I find it cathartic. Plus if you don't know how to use skills and use the terrain to your advantage, like most streamers apparently, you're in deep piss.
It's certainly better than I expected.
2. Yes you can turn it off but unless you're on PC there's never a reason to turn it off since aiming with a controller is asinine in any shooter

I went with a high STR/AGI/DEX build so I could go full retard with dual handgun crit damage (handguns seem to have a hidden bonus to crit rate) while being able to use my totally not a lightsaber as a backup if I get low on ammo. Seeing as how I modded my gun to have +150% ammo drops, that hasn't been an issue. I may switch to a full INT retard build after hearing how well status ailments work when you get the third tier of them unlocked.
Ahosys is an INT/DEX hybrid of healer and critical hit status ailment applicator, again with handguns to exploit that hidden bonus. She's surprisingly competent for the most part, and you bet your ass I went maximum breast size with her.

The real question is what reason is there to play Freedom Wars over just about any other game. I'll admit I wish the UFG was as fluid and useful as the thorn, but that's the only thing Freedom Wars does better than FB.

Do you get to cuck Kirito out of his harem fantasy?
If not then shit game to be honest.

Typical of /a/ faggots to have bad taste in literally everything. The game is just as awful as the anime. The character creator is nice though.

I'm mad that I wish my friend wasted her money on this shitheap instead of gifting me a real game.

I want a LEN game where we see more tacticool lolis who are actually tall, under appreciated qts who are self-conscious about how tall they are

ok

The most recent JRPG I have played is XCX and that is far from true.
That doesn't negate the fact that the guy and his group are a bunch of Mary Sues
What the Hell is wrong with using sprites?
Excuse, are you admitting the fact that the game is inferior product?
OP CAN'T FUCKING AIM!
Again…
OP CAN'T FUCKING AIM!

Only with the girls who are originally from the game. The ones from the light novels are still his, though now he's wearing a wedding ring with Asuna all the time so it only makes it more awkward

No it isn't.
anons don't have any__ friends

I only realized this once I decided to dual wield some a pair of colts and starting hitting upwards of 1-2k damage a strike. It's crazy.

Are you implying aiming in any shooter with a controller is ever good?
Only people who've never played with a mouse can pull that nonsense.

Are you implying the fact that you haven't played enough games to the point that you can decently aim with a controller?

Shit Manga shit anime shit game. everyone shitting on this game is a fucking patriot. this is a bad game, don't fall for pedo shill shit like this.

You had everything going for you, cuckhan refugee, and then you had to go and say that.

Reminds me of this
please use archive.is/forums/system-wars-314159282/why-gamepads-are-not-good-for-fpss-clearly-my-opin-28980382/?page=1

Fug
archive.is/boV8i

Go to the ship graveyard in the desert and farm the handgun from the named enemy robot on extreme mode. If you get a good roll on its initial damage, you can upgrade that thing to have a base damage of around 600. Mod it for crit chance and extra damage on crit, and enjoy 12-13K crits on weak points. If you have quick shot 2 and 3 on your skills while using the handgun weapon art, you can spam them and trivialize any boss except the giant mech fuckers who never open their helmets to expose their weak spot.

Don't you know, user? Anime is for pedos.
t. goon

it's trash

Smalltime.

Magnet?

I mean more like FB but with pink weapon customizations or something.
Dang those two combat loli are adorable.

Yes

That cheerleader outfit is great but sucks when giving it as a gift to another girl since it's not a costume but a body model, so the breasts are the same and hips are the same as their original model but Strea's moles disappear and Zeliska's chest isn't as soft-looking.

Still working through it, started to even certain stats for interesting abilities, but I'm probably going to go shotgun, assault rifle with the NOT FN FAL as my go to. As for my AI gal, I went for tall dark skinned freckled Amazonian with plenty of backstory. She's probably going to help with status debuffs along with stat boosters.

I had to skip that entire opening section holy shit, it was well over an hour if I didn't.
Also for some reason getting into certain cutscenes locks me down to 30fps forcing me to go to the title screen again, did this happen to anyone else?
I'm close to 2 hours in and considering a refund, does the game get cuhrayzeer later on or what I've seen is what I get? I just beat the berserker boss and he was an alright challenge, though it revealed to me that the AI is buttfuck retarded.
the online is fucking dead isn't it?

What I only heard or seen is whinge.

Daily Reminder to you, You are a Kike. Oh, you don't like Denuvo, so no matter how the game might be good, you aint buying because it has denuvo. Yeah, you are a Anti-denuvo kike, just as bad as an actual KIKE.

It's a Bandai game, this is poverty is par for the course

I always kept mine on healing

Also it never gets "cuhrayzee" good but it does get better as you go on. That said
Why didn't you try it out before spending money, user?

Either I'm missing something about how to get insane damage out of status ailments, like having INT maxed out, or the people who say engineer is so great just spammed assault rifle fire on non-weak points as a comparison.

Right now everyone's on healing duty. A bad run in early on with an enemy 20 levels above me (the giant scorpion near the first set of ruins you see) made sure that was going to be the case. I finally got time to try and play it this week, so hopefully I ca actually progress.

You sound like a gay shill. Instead of pennies for posting that message, do you get paid in dildos being stuffed into your ass?

I get why people say ailments are baller. Im still early in the game, but Strea lights enemies up with Blaze and Suppression pretty often. Apparently, the level 3 version of ailment inflicting skill are what have earned the engineer build respect. May switcj from my sniper tabk hybrid, despite the grind.

Only a few issues with that.
1 - ailments in FB work on the same principle as Souls games, where you have to build up to a certain threshold, and then it activates. The level of the ailment skill only increases how fast it builds up, not damage, at least according to the in-game description.
2 - the level 2 skills proc the ailment with just one shot. This means that if the level 3 just makes that happen faster, there's not much point to it.
3 - the level 2 skills require about 1/5 the stat investment as the 3s.
4 - enemies gain resistance to ailments they've been hit with. This means you can only have a boss convulsing on the floor while on fire and poisoned so many times before you're relying entirely on the weak DOT from the skill itself.
Even spamming level 3 skills with the handgun weapon art, I was better off using that cooldown to use electroshock mines until the boss went down, then spamming quick shot into its weak point. Again, I could be missing something, but from my testing, engineer is fun for setting and forgetting ailments while you wait behind a door/obstacle for the enemies to die or healing 5K HP with level 1 healing shot/area, but not for much else.

Dual lightsabers when?

I really hope they decide to keep updating and improving this game, instead of leaving it as the singleplayer campaign that it is. The setting would just make adding more story segments fairly easy I would think, and the addition of things like large multiplayer raid bosses would be brilliant.

Most bosses have far higher ailment resistances than normal enemies it seems, so level 3 would likely help with consistently applying ailments to them, and I would assume higher difficulties increase the resistance further.

Kill yourself shill

Shilling

I hope the future content is meaty. Girls like Strea, Philia, Premiere, and so on got damn near zero screen time.

It would be very pathetic if we didn't get something nice and substantial for an update sooner than later. It can't just be like this. I like the game but come on, there's gotta be more

I don't play as a girl because I'm not a cucked soy infused faggot.

These guys and the asshats that hide their weak point with a helmet are the reason to have a good sword with you at all times.

I was thinkin of rolling a sword myself, but my build is all over the damn place. I keep pouring points into STR and whatever i needed for sniper skills and anti-material rifles, but not being able to negate the ADS sway or have a decent secondary without being overweight is killin me. But recently unlocked dual wield, and im really enjoying seeing HP bars melt with two P90s. I figure i may respec to be more tanky/defensove for sword/gun n sword and dual wield.

So, I am assuming that OP works for bamco, or a marketing group thwy hired. He comprises one third of all posts in the thread.
I pray your ban is long, mr shill. Go push that trash on /a/ or tumblr

If you really want to try out other builds, you can save your current build into the first "customization data" slot, and load another, empty slot, for a free respec on both yourself, and your arfasys.
I've also been stacking some strength, I can just have a sword as my secondary while within weight limit, and I'm only at level 75 or so.
Is there really a way to negate the sway you get when scoped, because that it the most annoying thing about using a sniper.

So, you knowingly bought a weeaboo game with Denuvo on it, thus ensuring that Japanese Devs, who understand the PC community about as well as astrophysics, think we're all completely okay with this bullshit?

What the fuck man?

Is that what they do? I thought it was just like a loadout menu, ill have to look into it, thanks.
As for the sway, i dont think that there is a way to do anything about. Though, i believe different ones have a different sway. The Tiamat goes in a small circle, while the Sangfroid is more of a U shape. Have tried other rifles.

whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
Educate yourself before you start calling people kikes for not buying shit.

If you're thinking of gouging VIT, don't bother. I have mine at 60, and I'm perfectly happy with that. I could easily be very wrong, but it feels like your level adds a certain defense or damage mitigation modifier that counts for a shitload more than VIT. You'll be taking AGI high thanks to sword skill requirements anyway, so you'll have a solid defense just picking up something like horizontal square 3. If you really want to be more tanky, buy one of those items that regens X% of max HP over 1 minute (you can get them as high as 100% if RNJesus smiles on you) and one with +15% or higher max HP. The only things that will one shot you will be the laser sniper gundams.

I can't imagine the pain in the ass it'd be to fight those without the sword

Why should anyone believe a reddit user that doesn't provide evidence for his claims? That page might as well say

Never forget her sacrifice anons.