Monster Hunter General /mhg/

MH PSP DOWNLOADS

Freedom Unite: mega.nz/#!87AwmQDD!NlXnMcsIhAliHovCHVvySkY1yo5Zlw3cj4ffUGm9I2w
Portable 2nd G: mega.nz/#!FvomDA7Y!7rYPTlPjbRU_UkX2qVbPEii2zxSID_dAWYdO01XhmsI
Portable 3rd HD for PPSSPP (English Patched): mega.nz/#!3kxWTZpQ!FPNkkIlFY6kmX_XEdw_AzNnpdaj1wqbmw4ALHZo_c4M

MH 3DS DOWNLOADS

4 Ultimate: mega.nz/#!UFdgDTzS!ws52fBS8Xx-5Rf5oeNtYIQ_9Es4oBEXEg7GQ6as5THo
If you scan the last pic in the OP with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

PPSSPP ONLINE PLAY
docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeZ83cX7HCiyNvRYGvlzYmOMVEXDxRMkQp5HM5YlG4/pub
forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5476

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

World:

Monster Hunter World in Summary: pastebin.com/fLS9S8RE
Tempered Monsters: pastebin.com/9PXrMq9d
An user's Review of World: pastebin.com/2L9aDjPd

Other urls found in this thread:

stream.me/s/3/zAxEDmUQhJ/X1nGaO
youtu.be/rTDiVIpcylo?t=18m18s
pastebin.com/2L9aDjPd
nichegamer.com/2018/03/05/monster-hunter-world-becomes-best-selling-capcom-title/
archive.is/0iNpn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, now that I've finished the Xeno Jiiva fight, I don't feel like there's really any reason left to play. I've put about 80 hours in. What else awaits me? Tempered monsters that just hit harder with a somewhat bigger health pool? I've got that dual-tempered Bazelguese quest up next but I feel no compulsion to do it.

No Zinogre no buy.

Tempered monsters have the same health I think. Yeah once you are at that point is just grinding tempered monsters to get shards to augment your gear. If you don't just wanna relax and play monster Hunter with friends or something you are done the game.

And so it begins again.

user you don't have to keep on playing the game if you don't want to. No one has a gun to your head and is forcing you to do it dude.

Repoastan this from last thread
Someone at half chan keeps posting this:

In May there will be a full Elder hunting Luna/Teo/Kushala/Kirin/Nerg.

In September there will also be the first release of a new map called the Shimmering Lagoon. It's half jungle and half lagoon with a series of caves connecting a hidden second lagoon. Plesioth, a new world subspecies of Royal Ludroth, a new world subspecies of Barioth, a new fanged wyvern based on a crocodile, and Chameleos.

It kinda checks out, its in line with the leaked monster list from last year
And there is a new 9* test called a simple task where you gather mushrooms which is coming out on the 9th

got any proof of any of this? other than the jho quest being the mushroom quest i've not seen any of this.

Me neither

We never had any proof of the leaked monster list when it came out but it got proved to be true over time. We already have a bit of evidence of those leaks in my post being true, pic related.

Reminder that MH3U was the best game. MH4U was the last good game they made. MHXX was straight trash. MHW isn't even the same franchise.

Here comes Jaggi.

Rank all of the series you played so far.

MHFU > MH3U > WORLDS > MHGEN

You post the shame shit every MH thread.

How good are the God Eater games? I was retarded enough to get a PS4 but at least smart enough to never have connected it to the internet so pirating on it will soon become viable.

They are serviceable at best. Don't get into it expecting anything deep in terms of gameplay, but there is some enjoyment to be had especially if you're already getting them for free.

Better than Freedom Wars/Soul Sacrifice/Toukiden but that's not saying much.

Replayed multiple times tier;
Freedom Unite
3 Ultimate
4 Ultimate

Good but only played through once tier;
Monster Hunter G (Wii)
Portable 3rd
Freedom 2

Objectively bad but still completed tier;
X
Monster Hunter

Never bothered to finish/Trash tier;
Freedom 1
Tri

Only played demo/beta tier:
XX
World

Portable 3rd and Freedom Unite tied for first, though if it had G Rank P3rd would be an easy win.
3U
4U
Dos
XX
Freedom 1
World

Thanks from what I've seen so far the gameplay looked adequate enough but I wanted to confirm that with anons that were already familiar with these types of games since user has yet to lead me astry. I'd also been looking at Soul Sacrifice too, but don't have a Vita yet though I've been listening to Soul Sacrifice's music for the longest time now.

MH4U>WORLD>MH3U>MHXX>MHGEN>MH STORIES

4U > P3rd > FU > XX > 3U > Tri > MH1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MHW

I've had more fun with Soul Sacrifice than God Eater, but you'll be doing a lot of busy work in Soul Sacrifice to get to the good parts of what the game offers, whereas God Eater tends to throw you into the thick of it. If a game's story interests you at all, Soul Sacrifice has the better story in my opinion, but you might be caught up in God Eater's worldbuilding more.

Yeah, just grinding to augment gear and not do much else with feels pointless. Maybe with that new update i'll get a kick in the britches to play again.

No, I know. I just feel like I SHOULDN'T really be done yet. maybe it's just because there's no G-Rank, and therefore no G-Rank exclusive elder dragons and other monsters. But Tempering/Honing seems pointless in this. At least in MH4U it was necessary to hunt the Apex monsters to get final form shit and honing to take on the end-game elder dragons in the max-level expeditions n shit.

Fuck yeah. Guess I'll be resting until then. Zinogre is always a blast.

You mean MHP3rd
truth

wew literally too retarded to post. I'm going to sleep.

Nightly 4u room will be late, have to finish baking

Rumor has it Zinogre will be in on the next expansion
but its just rumor with no actual proof
That said doesn't change the problems with the game so even if one of the best monsters joins the fray its still not worth it

Is it time to apologize yet?

Word of advise
Do NOT use rocksteady mantle on Kushala. If you don't get flung out of the tornadoes it will melt you like buttet.

Great tier:
4U, 3U, Tri, P3rd, FU

Not as great tier:
Freedom 1, Generations

If I download XX from the freeshop is it in english? If not how do I patch it?

No, and don't bother XX is awful

I am done with World, 4U and 3U, what do I play if I own a vita and a 3ds?

Myself and a few other anons still play XX occasionally.

XX is JP only, there's a patch, and both it and instructions on installing it are linked in the OP. I've only just started playing it (never played the original one), and it hasn't been bad at all. However, I've only done guild style, so far.

emulate the psp games?
But unironically XX isn't even worth playing

XX is at least better than World, so if you're desperate go for that. Otherwise, since you have a Vita, you could get Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd..

So XX is out, I guess I will try FU until I get burned out.

And World is?

I've seen plenty anons saying the same thing, honestly I just want to kill big monsters while being comfy.

I'd take a world over the abortion that was XX. World while shitty doesn't have styles or absolute evade

Well, I mean, all the issues I've heard around it involve it being too easy with the styles and hunter arts. If you just want comfiness and monster killing, I doubt XX will upset you.

You've seen plenty of anons saying World is shit with evidence to back it up yet you still played.

World is the abortion.

I skipped 4U is it worth playing if I hated nearly everything in Generations that was from it?

I got it as a gift from my roommate so I gave it a try.

Is it TOO easy or just a meme? It bothered me how fast elders die in World.

Hated everything that was from 4U? As in mounting and the new monsters? Probably should skip it if that's the case, but if you have a CFW 3DS you might as well pirate it and give it a try for yourself.

World is definitely too easy. It's a fucking joke, really.

what did you hate in generations that was from 4u

it's absurdly easy. World is "harder" simply because of how obscenely overpowered brave is

It seems to be too easy if you elect to use the most broken styles and arts, much like how 4U was pretty easy if you got good at IG.

The charge blade, the bugstick, the areas though to be more specific the ones with the climbing shit in them.

And I totally misread that, my bad. XX is too easy if you use Brave or Bushido Styles, otherwise it's about the same as 4U so still a bit too easy, but not as obscenely bad as it can get.

Thanks for the help, I will download both XX and FU and will just drop whichever is more annoying or dumb.

not really, it's easier than even 4U with IG. Hunter arts are broken, and the monsters are pretty fucking weak in general.

MHX/X is more casual than MHW. Prove me wrong

Not until they make it available to the west.

Moving while drinking.

Faggot, have you EVER played a monster hunter game?

Christ Holla Forums, there's a point where being hipster faggots just for the sake of being hipster faggots gets pathetic, and you've crossed it over world.

This git gud crap has taken on a life of it's own. A hideously malformed, lurching, incoherent thing that should be put out of it's misery. Hipsters whine about easy games luring in normalfags, but the only reason anyone wants git gud teir games is so they can brag to normies about being good at them. The worst part is the dipshits that don't even understand why the game is "easier" I'll address a few of the common ones I see later on, but I'll start with pointing out that 10 x 5 res with 12 fps on a handheld is one of the biggest reasons you had to have inhuman reaction times on the handheld games. A game moving on to better hardware is hardly something to complain about.

Sometimes unintended results come out of code. Those are called exploits. Standing on a ledge and shooting Diablos in FU when all he would do is charge you and get stuck and never hit you over and over again wasn't the end of the franchise… it was a cheap trick that people got laughed at for using.

But hey, it's not like I would expect anyone to mock scrubs for using scrub tactics if they can't even be bothered to know that monsters will still sometimes fight on "zoning" paths or that only ONE of the maps has this problem in abundance.

Tempered monsters. What is G-Rank but a bunch of monsters getting such massive stat boosts it becomes a tier unto itself? Tempered monsters are ALSO more aggresive and faster, just like the transition between low rank and high rank.

they ask, as they complain that with the simplifed skill system, hunters tools, charms and decorations it's easy to make busted ass top teir armor sets that eats high rank monsters for breakfast. Sounds like G-Rank armor to me, but I guess some people just need bright glowing neon signs to point out obvious shit.

Sigh. I know Holla Forums has always been full of hipster faggots. And I know hipster dosen't always equate to SJW. But god damn if there aren't a bunch of hipster faggots whining about muh diversity! Oh god, there's only TWO colors of Rathian; this game sucks now! Where's my BLUE KU-LU?! I NEED 4 kinds of blos that have the same damn move set! This shit, this shit right here is how I know none of you have a god damn clue why you don't like this game. Because there IS a legit gripe here, in that while most of the skeletons are in evidence a few are conspicuous in their absence, like the monkeys. But with the goal of world to broaden the reach of the franchise, and new content being added later on, I'm willing to put this down as a mid-teir gripe, hardly a deal breaker.

Gee, we went from wanting MORE palette swapped monsters to wanting less palette swapped weapons? I'll give you that there's redundency in the trees, but there's also new looks at the higher ends. Oh, and there's FOURTEEN FUCKING WEAPONS TO CHOOSE FROM.

For fucks sake. If you're going to shit on something, you could at least have the decency to really understand what you're shitting on.

Don't need to drink any potions when you've got hunting style trivializing half the fucking game.

I will relent on one thing though. World has the most obnoxious retards as a fanbase see this asshole.

If you didn't type like a retarded whinning about his favourite tendies to a strawman someone might take you seriously.

Or maybe it's because we like a slight challenge. Something sorely lacking these days.
Not when it comes at a massive cost of casualization.
Most of them get new moves. Have you ever played a game with G rank? Sounds like MHW is your first game.
More like they simplified armor for casualfags so they can make busted sets.
I agree about the gripe but your subspecies argument is still shit. It has the worst roster of any new release.
This has been the case for years, this really is your first monster hunter and you're obviously from reddit. Fuck off.

I should've specified the Arts as well, totally forgot they existed since I never used them.

Brave Style alone makes XX even easier than World, but World's entire design philosophy is based around being as casual as possible in terms of how much you need to be thinking about the game. The user review from the OP summarized it pretty well.

No, I want games that require me to git gud because they're fun

For about two or three attacks and then they resume zoning.

Except you're the only one who was talking about palette swaps.

>>>/reddit/
WEW LAD

Late Nightly 4U room
61-7315-6809-6541

I thought we were done with this cancer
Sperging out wont convince anyone user.
By now anons are set on whether they like world or not and your opinions whether right or not wont change that.
Just play what you enjoy and let people enjoy or shit on whatever.

He has to defend his $120 purchase at any cost.

>>>/oven/

If you liked 4 you will like world.

Bagel > Jho

I loved 4U and I fucking hate world. Fuck you leatherman.

Have only played 4U and World but only just started playing World so no real opinion on it yet

Then you are the only user here without sin, go and be blessed with good rng. Eat not the fruit from the tree of knowledge of gud and shit.

MH4U>MHFU>MHGEN

I gotta say I like MHFU but it doesn't deserve the praise people give it.

The Good:

The Bad

I was a little bored with MHW until high rank and Bagel Goose. This fucking stalker should have been fucking your shit up from the beginning of the game. This guy is not a monster to hunt he is a straight up villain that wants you dead.

wiggle

obligatory (male) only post

HOW
I NEED IT NOW, YOU BASTARD

event quest dummy

The only threat he poses is killing the target of a capture quest

Wha's improved about it?
I prefer manual, but whatever, I guess I can work with that
alright
Those are just 50 shades of brown. Why does the speedometer only go up to 30?
The steering wheel is so tiny, does it even have an airbag in it?

God no frontier is still the worst monhun game around, it's even worse then that chinese only tencent one.

Bazel is a pain in the ass to deal with if you're new to the series. And he is a threat. He does insane damage and is easily the most powerful standard monster in the game, and he becomes available with no lube the moment you hit high rank. I honestly can't decide if I like him or Deviljho more. Bazel is just awesome.

Congratulations, that puts him on the same level as Velocidrome and Yian Kut-Ku.

He does do more noticeable damage than most other monsters. You know, if he ever hits you with his insanely telegraphed attacks.

Yes, and the only reason I didn't kill him the first time I encountered him was because I couldn't deal enough damage with Low Rank tier weapons to kill him before he ran away. He's a fucking joke.

this is starting to get as bad as the waifu threads.

4U>3U>World>Tri>FU>>>Generations

Ask me how I know you suck ass at MH.

Because I didn't manage to kill the explosive pinecone on the first try. I'm terrible at the games, I'm aware, which is part of my point - if World was even remotely a challenge, I shouldn't have been able to get even close to killing Beetlejuice.

Which one?

The wiggler you retard.

Use Ghillie mantle and capture net takes 1min or so, needs 3 tickets to make it.

Did it just come out this morning, didnt remember seeing it last time i played

P3rd > 3u > FU > 4u > gen

I finally got the urgent quest for Zingore in Portable 3rd, and this is my first actual roadblock. All the other new bosses this far, Volvidon, the leech monster, they were challenging, but Zingore just felt like a wall. So fucking fast! So fucking strong attacks and with lightning element, god damn son now this feels like an actuall challenge. I have to take a few days break to think about strategy.

I got 2 stories
I wish I could have recorded it somehow.
Can you record stuff that already happend in game?

>Decide to help and go HH for those juicy buffs
The same typically happens whenever I try to go melee, I can barely even touch the fucker normally because of its faggy moveset.
I love getting hit by its divebomb though, its especially funny to notice it half a second before it slams into you
It forced me to go bow where I proceeded to anally rape it from a distance.
bow ended up being my second most used weapon, I love it so much

Just do the damn quest user.

if you hit the share button you can save the last 15 minutes or so of footage on ps4, no idea about xbone.

No but i think the ps4 has a buffer for recordings

Did someone just say "bagels"?

No.

wat

I have only posted that image once before too
>lying on the internet

That sounds amazing, I'll try that out later

If bagel was a monster girl im pretty sure it wouldnt be a fun experince to fug her
>Her fw still wants more
>The hunter is on an expedition so he can keep going as much as he wants

No, user, she fucks you.

>Secret best route being the Palico route, which is basically just normal Monster Hunter with monster girls, and you fuck your palico in the end.

Also I want to take this opportunity to say I originally came in to complain about scout-flies and ask if there was some way to at least lessen them if not outright disable them, and apologize for the sudden burst of degeneracy.

Why you always have to fuck?

Isn't that how VNs and Monster Girls work? I mean it could be a completely platonic ending, and that's purrfectly fine. But I think most people who would get into that game would expect at least the pawsibility of fuckery.

No way to disable them but once you get research up with monsters it displays where they are on map if you are repeating the quest for example.

It's in man's nature, look at uncle Zeus.

Can we talk about Monster Hunter instead of >>>/monster/ hunter?

The original of that image had better be bait.

That's fine, i guess. I just wish there wasn't this awful neon quest markerswarm following me around. Lighting up tracks is fine and kind of neat but I feel like I'm playing skyrim sometimes.

You can't, you're stuck with them forever.
I hate them but for some reason I find them much less intrusive when you're tracking an Elder Dragon, it feels like the natural color for them is just way too bright, tracking a monster in the ancient forest at day time is the fucking worst.
I wish there was an option to hide them completely, you really don't use them once you know where the monster spawns, they just stay in your way hurting your eyes.

Yeah it's shit, I hope they eventually add the option to get rid of them or turn the brightness of them down.

They also lead you to a track instead of the monster so that can actively lead you in the wrong direction if you don't already know where the monster starts.

Another thing they really need to fix on a really fundamental level is the defaults for the controls, everyone that has played a previous game before immediately has to go turn off all the dumb options they added that just make the game worse on the new players like camera auto following and being low down by default.

What are you? Gay?

The camera, controls, the scoutflies THE CAMP CHANGES THAT TRIVIALIZES ANY NEED FOR PRE-HUNT PREPARATION…
I just want to hunt monsters and for my choices to matter.

I don't actually mind being able to use the camp mid hunt but I am in the minority of retards that regularly forgot whetstones and appreciates those changes.

That's why an easy solution would be to limit it to the first 3-5 minutes of the hunt so you can't go pick up healing items at any time during a hunt, even in High Rank. Shit's retarded.

Agreed on the time limit thing, though I don't think topping up on potions is really that busted in this vs previous ones as you could always take a shit tonne of healing with you but you shoudn't be able to change gear or mantles mid hunt, like whatever logic prevents you from messing with your decorations in the tent should apply to changing weapons.

Along with proper cunt monsters. I had a nergigante that was more mobile than kirin and tail slammed on the spot i shit you not twelve times in a row. I'm only after the goddamn tail cut.

Shitter randos launching me with hammer, stunlocking everyone with HBG and the falling weights in general turned me into a salt mine.

Don't play online.

could you possibly be more reddit, holy fucking shit.

Drain gems

its aint just shitters i've had constant bad luck today

Hunt after hunt today. Frustration isn't the word. thank god i'm not one of those autists that throws a shitfit and breaks things.

World > FU > 4U > Gen > 3U > P3 > 3

If they offered me Freedom Unite HD or if a large community of players decided to start replaying the game on PPSSPP I'd totally go for it. Right now World's conveniences make it by far the best, I just wish it had like twice as much content as it does, even if it was just bringing back old monsters. And if the load times were lower.

oh and the kicker of it all:

Apparently post last update sometimes the game says its saving and it isn't and corrupts your 'id' and you lose items at random. Isn't that fun?

I think the universe is trying to tell you to play something else like better games in the series

You think its bad already?

He fucking sucks and always has. "Just gear for wind negate and spam flash bombs" is a shitty answer to him instead of skill based gameplay. In 13 years of playing i hate no other hunt more because its a fucking chore.

How many reskinned Arzuros are in this fucking game jesus christ

you're gonna make a bunch of PC fats mad they can't play it yet.

I never used flash bombs or wind negate and me and my brother got to G-rank in FU, granted poison knives were easy to make in that game but we sure as fuck didn't fight him without a way to poison his ass.

I greatly dislike monsters where you need a gimmick. I love the 'i can see the code' feeling of gittin' gud and knowing every tell and doing those tiny magic pixel dodges to miss and attack and go in on the offensive and weave around the monster and body the fuck out of them. Make it hard to get there but its the best feel. Not "i had to use X to beat this monster… i'm the best"

I dunno why they would be, they couldn't play the previous ones when they came out either. I'm gonna play it again when it comes out on PC because that's where most of my friends are anyways. And there's the rumor that G-Rank will come out with the PC version.

has stream user been on?

I understand not using the mantles to make the game a bit less cheese filled but you're the only person I've ever seen call flashbombing stuff cheese.

because this is Holla Forums and 99% of the time the early console release threads are downboated with cries of 'shit game' and 'shill' by the people that fell for the master race meme literally thought up by a guy with a 'trademark fedora'.
In this instance however monhun cannot be downboated for we are too great in number.

WMWYF?

Poison doesn't save you against Kusha, it's not even mandatory, it just helps you get a moment of respite so you can get some solid hits in.

So did anyone here who started to play with X weapon just switch up in the middle of a game, or did you start experimenting on other playthroughs? The greatsword is the first one the list, so I went with it and of course I love the weight and power of it, but I was just wondering since I see so many talk about switch axe, that if there's a "better" choice for amplifying gameplay enjoyment?

Only with kushala because a lot of people genuinely think they are mandatory. I've done hunts for years where its just bomb>gangrape>bomb>gangrape 12 times then dead. Thats not fun. A regular tetsucabra hunt solo is more fun than that and hes piss easy.

-though speaking of why are all the new monsters just worse versions of existing ones?

That leaves 3 monsters that aren't 'its a redo of BLANK'. I like the game but boy i hope dlc adds some more monsters or brings some back because most of the new ones are lame.

In World I've successfully fought him with a greatsword a few time without flashes or poison. I actually had more of an issue with his roars than his wind, but I was always careful to exclusively go for the head. And now that I think of it I did have a near maxed-out Nergle weapon by that point for elderseal. What weapon type were you using?

I actually left Holla Forums for a month or so because the contrarian hate for World was so intense it was stupid. It's like any other game in the series, it has its flaws, but overall it adds so much that it's easily my favorite.

I can kind of see his point, because you can craft on the fly so easily that any monster that flies from zone to zone is effectively at your mercy. And God help that monster if there are four of you with 13 flashbombs each.

I started with GS, which is still my main, picked up HBG for a big early-game, then Bow which is my current secondary, and have at least one or two high-level hammers, SnS, HH, DS, and GL. Based on trying them in the Arena I could easily pick LS or Lance back up, despite not playing either of them since FU and 3U, respectively. I think the only ones I have zero interest in playing are LBG, SA, and CB - the first two have never interested me and the third I already played as my secondary in 4U.

All of this experimentation is because I find grinding for gems to be boring (one of the biggest flaws with World), so I end up fighting normal HR monsters to make more maxed-out weapons and building mixed armor sets.

Hey dubs, I have a dumb fucking question, but can you actually change any weapon you have during a quest, or is it limited like item amount?

Fair enough, I only really play solo but I can see how it gets out of hand online because I suppose he flies more to do dive attacks and shit between people.

You are right that they are just weaker versions of existing stuff, though I thought of tobi as a shit nargacuga and don't really see any zinogre in odogaron, odo is actually one of the better new additions as it goes pretty much non stop and is hard to keep still.

You can change weapons and swap out whole saved presets, plenty of people doing speedkills have demonstrated how dumb it is by killing each of the elder dragons with different weapons in the HR100 quest for example.

Not yet, waiting for the faggotry and baiting to calm down. Got a couple of beers ready and am planning on taking down another Toothless again since I need his parts for my Dual Blades upgrade and somebody new.
I just now noticed he's got a beak, always thought he was supposed to be a panther wyvern

Are you by any chance playing Portable 3rd? Someone called me a streamer a few days ago when I posted progress.

More Yian Garuga, given the poison.
Anjanath is annoying because he does the thing where his whole body becomes a hitbox pretty often. Specifically, I find the charge move that goes on and on really dangerous, not because it's hard to dodge but because he regularly uses it into walls and then will shift from side to side, making him unpredictable and dangerous.
Agreed.
Yeah, he seems like a joke monster more than anything. Though he's not any worse than Yian Kut Ku, which is what I think he was meant to replace. Every game has a derpy bird monster.
Starter monster so I'm willing to give it a pass, but yeah. Though RL would be nerfed as well since he can't jump in the damn water anymore.
This monster does not need to exist.
Eh, I think this one does a good job of showing off how monsters can interact with the environment as well. He could also be the base for Zin if they decide to port him forward.
You know, I never compared Tobi/Odo to Zinogre until you said that, because they made the body types different-looking enough that I never made the comparison. Also I like Odogaron, he's a fucker and he's harder to hit than I remember Zin ever being.
Dodogama is a reference to Dodongo from Zelda (eating bombs), but we didn't need two monsters based around eating stuff in the same game. Doubly so when they both have the same base type.
I actually really like Bazel, because he's introduced like Jho in previous games, has a theme song that overwrites everything else, has talons that make the Power/Armor talons, and will attack you and the other monster… but he's also a fucking cakewalk. His explosions are dangerous but bows will chew through him like nothing else.
Nergle adds a neat time-based element, where you have to cut his spines fast enough to keep him from doing the ultimate dive. That said, multiplayer scaling on body part HP seems to royally fuck that up, so you're better off just learning to superman the ult if you're in MP. I do like him though.
I didn't get that feeling from him, he felt more like undead Daora. I like him because he's easy to hit and easy to dodge, but if he hits you, he hits like a truck. His effluvium aura can fuck off, though, It's just a nullberry tax.
Xeno was annoying but I don't think the comparison to Shaggy is warranted, given he doesn't jump around like a motherfucker. If anything he's a slightly smaller and more active Lao Shan Lung.
Zorah is just one of a long line of shitty supergiant boss fights. Also you never hopped on Lao's back.

I'm not sure what you're asking, but if you go into a tent at base camp, you can change all of your equipment (armor, weapon, mantles/boosters) and items and you can craft. The only thing you can't do is change armor pigment and gem slotting. Also if you go into the tent your weapon comes out fully sharpened so if you're headed that direction, don't bother. I actually really like this system because it cuts out going back to the base before fighting another monster, making expeditions and those "hunt five monsters" quests a lot more fun (though admittedly less strategic). But if you're asking if there's a limit to how many times you can do it, the answer is no. Just like in previous games you could go back and rest at the base camp as often as you wanted.

he's some kinda faggot that's for sure but it'd be neat to see you huntan him tbh

I'm your guy. Told that other user it wasn't me since you had a good idea of what you were doing. Thanks for the nullberry tip, I'm not hurting for cash right now, but it's a fine investment.

Nulberries for life m8

honestly that system sounds like shit, you had to plan for expeditions, hence the whole Expedition thing,
being able to go back to base and essentially have half the town there to use sounds dull

MH3U -> MH4U -> MHFU -> MHXX -> MHP3rd = MHW

Not counting Tri and Gen.

4U is so fucking good. even with the wystone shit those maps and that theme are pure A D V E N T U R E

anyone who says this isn't the best monhun theme is a liar or a pleb. fact.

Please go and stay go.

air combat > ground combat > water combat
all > mh3u

Who the fuck plans expeditions? Expeditions are for gathering, and maybe free hunting one monster for resource points. This just cuts out the middle man of having to go back to town when you're at max item capacity just to drop off your damn earth crystals.

Been here for a few years, not really planning on going anywhere. Like it or not, there are people who enjoy MHW.

Oh yeah just FYI if you didn't hear some gems have a 0-1% rate at tail cuts/head breaks in optional but in silver/gold investigation rewards have 5-22%.
So yeah endgame is tempered investigations. Optionals more than once are a waste of time.

I enjoyed it, too, but if you really believe it's the best MonHun game you are either a new player pretending to be a vet or just retarded.

Consolewar fags are incredibly stupid, doesn't matter which platform they prefer. And I don't really know how stupid you have to be on top of that to throw fit like you described over the pc release being late.
It is also funny how some people complain about switch guys being the salty faggots that they bought switch expecting next MH to be on it.
Maybe the people shit on world actually dislike it or maybe they are just people who never played MH? Doesn't really matter, but looking enemies out of other platforms just breeds consolewar.

Starting in 5 minutes at full hour.

dumbass

That is an amazing argument. You're a massive shitter if you think the "quality of life" upgrades of World are worth no content.

I know it's fun to be a contrarian but at past stay consistent. This game has 31 purge monsters, and if the leaks are to be believed at least 10 will be added to the game by september. Plus a tropical island map. That is only 10 less monsters than vanilla 4, and that game had like 90% asset flips.

I really hate the direction these threads have taken lately. I don't care what you like, but stop being disingenuous.

Nah, I actually think it's the best. The quality of life improvements and open maps vastly outweigh the weak endgame and other flaws (and there are flaws, it's by no means perfect). I did my time in Freedom Unite and P3 and 3U, and I enjoyed those games, but except for maybe FU I'll likely never go back to them.

Then color me a shitter, because this is the first MH where I'm trying out more than two weapons, building armor sets because I can, and going on free hunts and helping other hunters on SOS hunts all the time because the game actually makes the effort to get the tedium out of the way and just let you hunt fucking monsters. Yeah, it needs more monsters, and the tempered monsters are no replacement for G-Rank, but goddamn, I can actually just run out and play the fucking game without having to go to a separate map to gather my herbs and honey like in FU or P3, or having to skip out on a hunt with my friends to go on a damn gather quest, or having to look at a quest, think about going on it, go and switch my weapons and armor and eat, and come back to register it only to find someone else picked a different quest while I was gone.

It's not "lately," they've been like this since World was announced. They want to make every change in World look like it's a catastrophic change for the worst just because it's more convenient.

The thing that really gets me is this game is in the same situation p3rd was in in its current state. Except p3rd never got a g rank expansion. This game will more than likely get a g rank expansion in addition to free monster and map DLC.

G rank always comes around a year later. It's par for the course. I for one was just excited to play a new Monster Hunter on consoles. I would have waited for reviews but my SO preordered my copy for me for Christmas.

Faggot.

Just call her your girlfriend, fiance, or wife. Only faggots go with something as non-committal as "significant other" in things other than paperwork.

Fuck off capkike shill. Every change minus a small handful is downright disgusting and grotesque. World is by far the worst Monster Hunter no ifs, ands, or buts. It is a disgrace to the series and only the biggest of faggots with literal shit taste can claim otherwise.
Kill yourself.

Most are. Slinging back onto a mount makes it easy, most mantles break encounters or at least make them too easy, moving while drinking means you don't have to worry as much about positioning or openings, the camp's current state means you don't have to worry about preparing for hunts, there's potions floating everywhere so even if you don't have any you can just heal off of one of those without needing to put your weapon away. World is super casual, and it's only going to get worse from here out.

Oh and microtransactions in a full priced game. Let's not forget that one.

But user, don't you know? The DLC in World aren't microtransactions, there aren't any lootboxes after all! And it's all cosmetic!
The redefining of microtransactions into being about buying virtual currency or lootboxes is one of the most retarded things ever.

So i finished all the 7* and 8* quests. Is that it? or is it now 'capture and do arena'?

nevermind i found it. So i only have 3 quests left? after 120 hours?

Man i remember being 400 hours into MH4U and only just beating shagaru magala.

It's a truly wonderful feeling, isn't it?

Between the quest markers, the constant mashing O while running around, and the fact you spend more time wandering around empty wastelands than actually doing anything interesting, that's pretty much exactly why I felt this game was more like TES 6 than MH 5.

Preparation is part of skill, especially in MonHun, and you can only bring 5 Flash Bombs and the effect gets diminished each time anyway so they're not something you can solely rely on. Get fucking gud.

If it does, it's going to be the smallest G Rank ever, considering it'd be coming out in less than a year after launch and while the team is multi-tasking on working on it alongside making the PC port.

This is literally the mirror of my experience - I found the blind fellating of World was so strong it was practically shitposting, and now having played it I find the game removes so much that I have to say it is easily the worst mainline entry in the series, and even gives XX a run for it's money.

Rock on brother, you're the most positive thing to happen to these threads in a long time.

We've had a solution for that since Portable 3rd though.

We're aware normalfags exist, but the problem is we don't want them influencing the direction of the series we like. Unfortunately, considering how financially successful World was, Monster Hunter's pretty much dead at this point.

I actually found the open maps to be one of the flaws, as it just draws shit out unnecessarily and makes the load times fucking ridiculous, especially when you consider this is supposed to be better hardware than we've been running on before. And the handful of QoL doesn't make up for the fact that everything is a fucking pushover and that the general design is towards not demanding anything of the player in order to succeed.

Being able to run while healing, restock on items infinitely, teleport around the map freely, break monster aggro instantly, all while not having to worry about not having armor skills because any old mix and match will give you shit with no Minus Skills to worry about isn't a "catastrophic change for the worse?"

Not to mention every map is covered in gather points for Herbs, which not only no longer require Blue Mushrooms to upgrade into Potions, but with the new system auto convert into Potions as soon as they're picked up, even mid-battle.

I've grown to hate the rath family

And I've seen people spend 300+ hours on gacha shit, coockie clicker and facebook shit
time spent != amount of decent content in a game

It's glorious, isn't it?

I don't recall the roadblock monsters in 4U and so-on, but I recall the ones from Vanilla Tri and 3U.

fuck I love monsters like this.

Duramboros a good boy. He must come back.

Now that you mention it I don't think I had any in 4U either, and the only roadblock I had in MHXX was Hyper Silver Los but he's straight fucking bullshit.

Was 4U just really easy?

The Pink Rathian used to fuck randoms up when I tried to do it with them, I had to get an user from Holla Forums to help me out with her.
Whomever that user was and wherever you are, thank you very much.

You have to fight tempered monsters, fully research a bit 10 then 15 of monsters and increase your HR to unlock the rest of the quests.
Have fun with that.
This evil motherfucker comes out in a week if the rumors are true

Most people that carted to raths in 4u were the people wearing full gore set without gemming out the minus fire resistance. They got insta gibbed by the flames.

Anyone ever wanna try to get some portable 3rd working?

If someone sets a date for next week I'd be down because I just started it today because of this thread.

I'm still pretty early in the game too so don't be worried.

If you are on ppsspp and using the copy from the OP we could try a online lobby and see if it works, it worked for me on MHFU.

I'm in guild hall 22.

Don't you need tunneling program anymore?

dont think so, when i randomly went on the online of mhfu there was people on it.

am I just weird? I tend to have 2 -3 sets to cover the other ones weakness

Does 3rd HD work with normal 3rd online?

I've left the room since I have no idea what i'm doing, hopefully someone can work it all out cause I would be down for it.

Gimme a few, Im just finishing some shit. I thought every time I tried to join online it would yell at me. I think I got the download from the thread a while back so it SHOULD be the same. If not I can just port my save data. Gimme like 20.

I got no idea about 3rd hd.

I'm using the iso in the link in the OP so use that too.

Alright, getting it now. Mega has been acting funny for me lately so we will see how fast it is.

What kind of monsters you want to see in MH?
I am kind of surprised they haven't made an alligator looking one.

Nightly 4U room is open for business
Are you ready for some Friday night fights?
26-1134-0433-5406

Ludroth is a snake/alligator/lion hybrid.

I think I'm using the same one too. So I've enabled all the settings in the … settings. What now? I'm a bit too drunk to read intense instructions

go to an online gathering hub, post number and i'll join and see what happens.

Swarm. Upscaled ants, the fight is against three tiers of workers/soldiers, royal guard on tempered, and then the queen. Weapons have a minor lifesteal to boot, as they have living colonies of ant kinsects.
Pantomime. A small monster that mimics its surroundings, pretending to be a resource or another small monster be it flying or ground dwelling. If something dangerous approaches it will bite a chunk out before fleeing. Chief source of cosmetics like dyes.
LORD OF THE TOADS. Kirin tier Elder dragon that emits all the various toad type emissions. Weapons are nice yet kind of shitty, as it deals minimum regular damage and minor of every element.

tried it and no dice.

Eh whatever, I'm too tired to figure out port forwarding today.
Hope you guys manage to get a party going and have a plentiful hunt. :)

it works, room 1 and 2 have people in it

Try room 3.

oh shit
I'm sorry

Glad it works, I'm right at the start of the game though so kind of pointless.

eh, we got it woring, that's the main part, let's try a quest and see if anyone of us disconnects

cmon man, I aint got all night, I need some sleep

One of us must have fucked up because I am still in room 3 with some random.

you big g?

ye

STREAM ERSUMES!

Quest fucked up, sorry for wasting your time I'll get my shit checked and try again another day.

broke off, let's retry, this time I won't alt-tab, might've been my fault

Ok will be there in a sec then.

room 3 has got randoms in it try 4

same shit
Whatever, we'll try it next time then

Seems to be fucked, let's try again another time go get some sleep.

deal

Can I change my name? I never really thought I would be doing multiplayer on this.

try a save data editor or something.

also I have a bit more time I'll be in room 4 if you want to attempt it.

Is someone in room 3?

jony is a random my chars name is G

Oh shit Ill come right back

Alright we are in the same room.
no bully for name

how do I accept the quest

notice board with the guy giving tips

same issue I had with the last dude, somethings fucky I will look into it and try again tomorrow after I work it out, sorry for the time wasted.

Yeah just noticed, did you just drop? It said You left.

Hardly, now we can just figure out what went wrong. I'm looking at the guide now. There are a few steps that just need to be done.
Anyone around to still test? I want to see if I can do it without fuggin with my ports.

post the guide and i'll make sure the settings are the same and go to the same room in like 5 mins after the post.

Guide is in the OP. Check the psp network settings first. If we still drop then its the ports, but only of the host. The host is the one who makes the quest. I'll be waiting in room 3 again

Sorry, more specifically the first guide.

I sorted my ports so it might work this time.

Ok, now if you drop, I'll host next time and see if I can.

Wanting you dead and actually making you dead are two different things. Bagel is still fun though and that silly attack where he rams at you while scraping his face along the ground always makes me laugh.

Holy shit, we fucked that jaggi up

take something easy out so we can test if you can host.

comm error, do your settings look like this?

alright, its me. I'll open the ports and then I should be good. Gimme a minute.

wait i have the built in ad hoc enabled I think it was me.

Im still going to open the ports, gimme a sec

Alright, done. Good thing I remember how to do this from when we played ultimate knight windom

rip dude, I gotta go cause its 4am I'll be on around the same time tomorrow with a bit more single player progress see ya there.

God dammit. I can keep messing with it or you can just host. Your choice.

Aw, well thanks for playing, if any other anons are around I'm still down for a game.

generations is still leaps and bounds worse. absolute evasion is nothing compared to absolute readiness, which gives you the 5 seconds of iframes while being available every few hits, but will also sharpen your weapon or reload your gun or coatings. with the skill to increase how fast your art gauge fills you can have it up almost as fast as you can use it.

4:12 am you mean

any and all that have guitar-type hunting horns. This lyre is bullshit and not how you properly rock out. Pic related: when it comes out for PC if there's at least one I will build a pompadoured delinquent and proceed to bring the gift of toku to the new world.

Rock on Todoroki.

nigger what
The main reason absolute readiness is so good is that you don't need any skills for it, but still get something that heavily reduces the need for evasion+ and razor sharp or speed sharpening. It also allows you to be hyperaggressive, which lets you fill up the gauge even faster; you should be able to use it as often as you need it either way, if you're being aggressive enough. You shouldn't need Insight at all, and by endgame when you'd finally get an Insight set, you should be be able to buy all the Hunter's Drinks you'd ever need and make a set with much better damage output than anything with Insight.

If the leak is true zinogre is coming to world this summer.

That was fun, I'm glad so many people stopped by
Thanks for hunting everyone!

before i forget, i got a question about the camera in 3rd,
is it like FU where up and down change the static camera angle, or can you freely move the camera?

Camera's same as FU

Do we have a session ID for MHW?

Nope. Some people from the dickscord group were advertising their fleet for a while but I think they gave up.

Wait people seriously struggle with that piss easy monster?

I am currently burnt out on world. I'll be back for the spring update.

Ludroth has nothing to do with gators.

They move kinda like gators and live in a gator-like environment. I realize they have far more to do with snakes, but that's how I see it.

Why didn't anybody tell me the sound was so desynched in the streams? It wasn't this bad before. I'll probably go back to either twitch or youtube, this is just horrendous:
youtu.be/rTDiVIpcylo?t=18m18s

being a newfag is suffering

you'll learn to love it
Just take a weapon and try out all the button combinations

It wasn't desynched during the stream.

I just hope gunlance doesn't have too much shit you can only do after whatever attack

triangle - circle = hit shot
3 hit triangle combo slam - circle = big shot expending at least 2 or all your remaining rounds (not sure)
R+triangle - circle = shot upwards at a 45°angle
pressing circle right after firing a shot reloads one bullet
R+triangle+circle = big charged attack that has its own cooldown independent of your ammo, expect to have your sharpness go down after this

ok thank fuck there wasn't anything I was missing, thanks friend

Ludroth is a fucking IGUANA/lion hybrid.

Igunana finish your post

my bad, that makes far more sense

OH BABY, this looks like Muhutt's style but it isn't signed like he usually does

RATHALOS TITTY
Artist is sya on FA

Did everyone forget about lagiacrus already?

Cant wait to see how muhutt will draw Dodogama.

What can you expect? MHW is their first game.

Yeah that will be it, it's impossible to forget things. That and it's not exceptionally alligator like.

I hope leakanon is right and the title updates have more than they have initially suggested. Would be cool

Lagiacrus is more sea dragon than alligator.

Apparently some japanese strategy guides only have ~5 more monsters than what are currently available.

There's no kind of season pass or actual promise of meaningful DLC content, and no word on a potential re-release for G Rank. It's just eerily quiet and there's too much damn speculation.

Which one? Dengeki?

I don't know, it's just some rumor I saw while browsing gamefaqs and it could be total bullshit. All I know is that after beating Tempered Vaal Hazaak 5 times in a row I need some new fucking content.

If you get a concrete claim, say so so I can investigate

I found this on gamefags. Refer to the filename.

Oooooh
JUICY
There are even 3 names that I dont recognize.

Yuge, if true.

Gore and Shageru Miyamoto.

No bug monsters though. No seltas at the very least.

shit/10

Also almost certainly fake. why would the internal game files use the English names and not the original Japanese?

It's most assuredly fake.

Yeah i'm calling bullshit on this.

There was actually concept for a freaky looking
gator with a tri-segmented mouth.

There was mention of a croc in another leak. This could be the guy.

Looks like a shitmon though, not a large monster.

Very unlikely, considering its concept art from the gen1/2 era.

Tell me it's shit and that I don't need it, Holla Forums.

Your friends are shit and you don't need them.

It honestly is shit. See: pastebin.com/2L9aDjPd from the OP

It heavily suffers from a lack of G Rank and you run out of stuff to do 150 hours in.

But it's the most mechanically polished Monster Hunter game to ever be released and all the weapons feel fucking amazing to use now. Even Greatsword and Hammer have actual combos now instead of just relying entirely on charge attacks or critical draw.

.t shitter who never used Greatsword or Hammer

Would your friend let you borrow his ps4 after hes done with the game? Make a new account or empty save with his game and play away. Its a non issue if you have friends that actually care for you and would let you borrow their stuff.

I haven't even played world. Stop embarrassing yourself. Lagiacrus has nothing to do with alligators either, you inbred.

So I see you're not only a shill, but also blind as a bat.

They're all playing on the XBone version, and no. He nipped that in the bud immediately.

I did my research and the file format is apparently the same one used in Tri and such, not to mention the directory the files are in is extremely convenient. That is very very likely a fake.

You never used hammer have you?

So I see you're not only a parrot, but also fucking idiot.

>XBone
What the fuck. People actually play that version?!? Why cant you borrow it? Long distance or does he use it too often?

>He nipped that in the bud immediately.
I don't know what that means.

It's a metaphor. He pretty much told me straight away I'm not borrowing his console. He does use it pretty much constantly these days, since I'm working on actually getting his PC working and it's been more hoops to jump through than I can manage.

Do you even get paid?

Are you sure he's a friend?

With friends like this, who needs pay?

Well, after thousands of hours I finally got a quest breaking glitch. Anyone else have shit like this happen?

That's an entire can of worms in itself. tl;dr, we have a long history together and after everything, assembling a computer that he dropped almost a grand on in parts is the least I could do for the guy.

You couldn't leave the area and come back? But yeah, never seen anything at all like that.

I tried that, it didn't work.

I'd have probably been on the streets starving if he didn't let me stay with him for a bit. Polite sage for getting off topic.

I'm sorry that you're so upset about Lagiacrus existing, shill.

How can you even take it so wrong?
And what exactly I am shilling here, parrot?

Aside from being reptilian and aquatic, Lagiacrus has nothing to do with alligators or crocodiles. Its head isn't the right shape, it has a long neck, and its tail is completely different. It's more a snake with legs than it is a gator.

So when are they dropping world and finally getting to work on the masterpiece that will be Toukiden Tri?

I'd rather play freedom wars 2.

finished normal and been a while in hard mode. The game's easy.

Granted I'm playing Pierce shot gunner with SPR mitama spamming from miles away but the game still easy.
Nice story tho, ends too abrubtly but oh well.

but user, Toukiden is the prototype for World, but better

Game is very easy, even in hard mode I think there was only one monster that ever gave me trouble
It's pretty fun even with that though. The club and fists were both fun to use.

I started playing the demo recently, but god the story is as obnoxious and unending as World's. Does it at least get harder and pick up to be more about fighting big monsters like MonHun later, or does it stay in this kind of Dynasty Warriors feel of hordes of small things being around all the time?

The hand was cool. Good thing I pirated this instead of buying, because I got bored after 10 hours.

You always run into hordes of small oni running around but it focuses on fighting big monsters.

bosses basically stand in one spot and do some moves around them, yeah. I think it'd be a pretty fun game if they made them more active, but toukiden is basically some shit they have one dev do during his break time to generate some extra money for monhun development.

I can see toukiden getting good if they keep polishing it.

You do know Toukiden is Koei, not Capcom, right?

shit i thought capcom had some hand in it, i'm retarded

the mitama skills are sometimes good and the rifle is especially fun, they just need to make the monsters actually threatening

Shit happens, it's cool.

And I can see why you think it's the same company when this is World's biggest problem as well. Hopefully Toukiden gets better at that then, the weapon class choices in the game appeal to me greatly, but I just can't get into it if there's no challenge.

Is it worth buying a Switch for XX? Nothing else on the system interests me much, but god damn I need more Monster Hunter and I fucking hate playing on the 3DS. World didn't have enough content to scratch the itch, and I've already beat most of the post 1/2 games. I haven't played X yet, for what it's worth, and I can play around broken shit.

You would miss out on translation patches by not getting the 3DS version, although I got through just fine with no patches and occasional use of that google translate app that lets you photograph text to translate.

Why is it that herbivores are more aggressive then carnivores?
At least the -preys know to stay in their little area when a predator is the map, but fucking konchus rhenoplos and cephalos(drome?) seem to make it their life's goal to fuck you up, which funnily enough is usually ends in the monster killing them

Freaked me out the first time it happened, for sure.

is hammer even worth using in p3rd
i get tapped even by bulldromes dumb shake move no matter what since I have to suck his dick with my 1 inch long hammer to manage to damage him

There was one in MHXX though.

Is World your first MH game?

No. The answer is always no.

I don't think Cephalos are herbivores. They're basically young Cephadromes, which I'm pretty sure are carnivores. They're walking sharks.

>the first time it happens in MHXX
I almost jumped. It was much spookier than P3rd's. It waits until the whole return-to-town 60s timer runs out, then after your hunter flexes you don't get the "Quest Complete!" message, it waits a few seconds after that, just enough time to realize it's taking too long and something's up, then the old "WARNING!" message pops up.

Learn timing your charges.
Use the lvl 2 uppercut to advance, and use lvl 3 slam when you catch enemies switching attacks.

Damn. I haven't played xx. Sounds pretty good throwback.

Unfortunately, it's a one-off event that only happens the first time you complete a certain key quest. It was still a cool as hell reference to P3rd, though.

Every weapon is worth using, you just have to learn to use each one effectively.

They're clearly sharks. What the hell is up with everybody sucking so hard at animals in here?

And here I thought I was so clever.

Nah, lagiacrus is okay. Nothing like an alligator tho.

Says the guy who claimed a sea serpent had any significant relation to an alligator.

I always thought of it as an alligator with exaggerated proportions.
A giant stretched-out lighting alligator.

Because alligators have huge necks and small heads compared to their bodies?

Because Bats have long necks that inflate?

I don't see your point, but yeah. Only the head is bat in that.

AUUUUUUUGH

Hi, I'm the guy who only played MHU4 here and World is kinda ok except too boring and easy. The combat is fun but I just wish it was more challenging and didn't have some aspects in the game.

Look at what you posted here
Remove the short legs, and what you have is a snake. Not a legless alligator or other kind of lizard. It's a blue cobra with horns. And, if you're about to say
>it has legs, that means it can't be anything like a snake
like some kind of idiot, explain Najarala and Dalamadur, then.

A snake with legs is a skink or wyrm

You're doing fine.

I hope the leaks are right and the spring update is on the ninth. I really want to hunt Alatreon and Diablos.

Deviljho

I oak a faggot

That's wrong, even with the exaggerations. The face and feet are far more similar to a Alligator. The cobra neck is a twist to make the design more interesting much like why Najarala has a beak. While regardless of having legs Dalamadur and Najarala are based off snakes.

The head is not alligator head. The feet I could give you.

Buying any machine for just one game is a bad idea, and it's not even an exclusive. Plus, while XX is still better than World, it's still fucking awful.

Basically yeah.

The skull is a slightly altered alligator skull.

Lagiacrus is a sea serpent you dense fucks

Another day of serious monster hunter discussion.

Quick stream, I'm kind of liking Barroth fights so I'll make a sword out of him.

Not every monster is a fucking serpent what's wrong with you. Lagiacrus is a serpent, cephalos are serpents, Ludroth is a serpent, what's next? Uragaan is a serpent too? Are we gonna start calling Zinogre a serpent?

Your mom is a serpent.

Is the Vita worth it?

For MonHun? Not really, just get a PSP or download PPSSPP. In general though it's a pretty solid machine.

9 quests isn't nearly enough and azure rathalos is a dull as fuck fight solo but it got me using tons of weapons i never use and i'm now nearly done with one of the last few trophys to complete my checklist autism on my guild card.

has anyone else done the arena meme?

fake and gay. devs confirmed all bugs and crabs never ever coming back as the engine cant deal with them.

Any anons around to meme on portable 3rd again?

4U room is open for business
16-4368-4305-0537

as someone who has one.
Not really
its okay and has some nice things to it but youre better off getting something else.

depends on how beginner it is, becasue i'm a fucking scrub.

So what's the point playing past HR ~30? I have full rarity 8 gear and everything fully slotted and upgraded. I just beat Nergi in that 15 minute investigation.

I heard HR 49 gets me temp kirin and then the rest of the elder temps, but are they hard enough to be worth it?

Like one star. I just started too.

The endgame is kind of trash. It's mostly about grinding tempered quests (mostly elders) to get Streamstones that you can use to augment your gear (give armors an extra upgrade level, give weapons certain benefits, such as more attack/affinity/defense/health regen while attacking).

And also the decoration grind.

I'm having fun but I can't really recommend it to anyone else because the grind for those things are pretty terrible.

Lemme know if you want to do the portable 3rd. I redid my ports so I think I'm ok.

Fake and gay.

I'm having quite a bit of fun with the Gun lance, plowed my way to HR now and Im wanting to pick up the bow, however I kinda wanna start with a new hunter for fasion hunter, and use either HBG or just the bow. Im wondering how viable the bow is this time and is it even worth starting over at all.

No.

Personally I find starting new files a good way to force myself to learn a new weapon, but there's no real objective benefit to doing so.

The only reason to start over is to customize a new character's appearance. Otherwise there's no benefit.

From videos and streams I have seen, bow seems pretty good. And crit draw bow is the current meme now that slicing shot got nerfed.

And I don't really see any point of doing a new character.

My idea was to make a female hunter this time, I only just now got into HR so I haven't gotten in too deep yet, figured I could force myself to start over again seeing how some people seem to hit a wall at the end game content, so to bide my time I start over and by the time they add new monsters and such I'll be back right where I am now.I figure I can rush through and get to high rank since I'm still only early in it.(same poster as before just switched to mobile)

I wanted to start over to fix my character's face but ended up sticking with it.

I think if Capcom did something like Dragon's Dogma that allowed you to re-customize your face it'd be great.

Kill my first Bagel deuze today

Using Kadachi set + bow, it was fun but easy.

MH Gen was the only game in the series I played. Can anyone explain why its supposed to be bad?

Not true, if you have a disc of MHW its well worth restarting to dupe attack gems to both use and use in melds, I have 400 hours in worlds and I am considering doing it.

should probably clarify, in v1.0 you can dupe decorations using presets in the tent because it spawns the decos in. I have 400 hours in worlds and I only have 1 attack deco that is given to you right at the start and atleast 100 hours of that was doing nothing but t2/3 tempered investigations and regularly "sniping" the melder by save scumming, the end game of worlds can suck my dick because right now it would unironically be faster for me to start over again and exploit a bug than to do it legit.

The styles make the game easy and arts are too flashy for the series.

I usually end up making a second character to play as a girl and use all the feminine weapons i.e. everything but the Greatsword. It's usually pretty fun playing through another time. It extends that basic dopamine cycle of

user pls.

Does breaking off parts (or in my case, catching furlbugs off a downed Zinogre) count for anything if it's a multiple monster hunt, meaning carves are actually potions and rations? Does it affect the hunt reward?

Not at all

sadly, not in world
Altho all the G rank get in 4u is fantastic looking except the zinogre one

I like it for learning a new weapon, but also for understanding the weapon progression. It's one thing to use a new weapon in G-Rank, but it's another to work with the weapon all the way through the game to understand where and when crafting options become available.

Tempered Kirin is one of the worst fights because of that.

Any time I get an investigation for Tempered Kirin I just delete it. Not worth the headache.

Too much of a bother to learn how to dodge? I prefer to get him in the corral barrels, easier to hit. Not sure if it's the odd anti-aggro I hear horn has but I can't land too many consecutive hits otherwise. Even at maximum overlapping electric boogaloo there was enough room for me and two other guys to stay alive in the pit.

The pit? I'm talking about the platforms. It's a small area and he can cover the entire thing with his lightning. The only way to dodge would be to jump off. And then climb your ass back on if he doesn't want to come down where you are.

Other times I can't take his prancing around. Kirin is just an annoying monster to fight no matter how you slice it.

Shoot a shit missle at it and make her fuck off to another zone. Hit and run. Tempered Kirin is only hard if you have negative thunder damage. I have a hammer set just for killing that stupid pony.

Just before the climb to Legiana nest, right? You have the small platforms and then between three and the high wall entrance you have a lower one. In comparison it is a pit. I often purposefully lead him down into it since it has the least area of those platforms.
Like I said, I have yet to encounter such a combo that takes up all the area. Until I see video proof of full surface coverage I'm calling you out for a scrub that can't dodge right or has the misfortune of maining a slow weapon.

I looks at my play time and I only have 33 hours in, something I can easily sink back into on a weekend binge again. So I'll get my waifu hunter after all. Use my other hunter now and again when I wanna blow things up with a pointy stick

This felt like a simple fight, but I kept fucking up. He is fuckhuge though, that's what must've been throwing me off. That and him not behaving at all like R.Ludroth even though they share the same skeleton.

Aggy is a strange fight the first time to be sure. The armor gimmick can throw you off at first too.

ded agnaktor

Was too busy wearing a heat resistant gear for fencing skill.
Also, here's some cancer to finally kill the thread.

Snap-lure of high quality.

What's the best charm/gems for GS? I don't have any level 8 gems.

Also, I am using and like the Nergi GS more than I use my Xeno. Should I use the Xeno for the extra big gem slot?

In general the armor skills you want for Greatsword are Focus and/or Crit Draw, Focus if you're doing more charge hits, Crit Draw if you're doing more unsheathe attacks. If going for Crit Draw, then in XX and World you'll also want Super Critical, since that ups your crit damage from 125% to 140%, which with a 100% crit rate means you're doing 15% more damage than normal.

That isn't how math works. You'd be doing 12% more than normal.

I meant normal as in the base 100% of not critting at all, but yeah, you're right.

Critdraw is trash since I get 3/3 weakness exploiting from dragonking patch. Quick sheath is way better than critdraw at this point.

Tbh I find that marathon runner is the best ability in the game so far. That's what my charm is for.

Depends if the percentages are multiplicative or additive.

Weakness exploit is only on hit zones that take 45% of more IIRC? So it's going to depend on the monster in question to be fair, but it's definitely a great skill, especially since it's a straight 5% boost.

Additive in this case, since it's a straight increase in the critical multiplier from 125% to 140%

Finally beat tempered kirin and tempered vaal afterwards, now i just have to get my friends to play

Teostra(toastie) seems way more easier in world

How does this make you feel?

nichegamer.com/2018/03/05/monster-hunter-world-becomes-best-selling-capcom-title/

archive.is/0iNpn

Teostra is a cakewalk the AI is so retarded that when he tries to leave an area you just flashbang him and 9/10 times he'll get up and try to fly off again until he dies

I saw that actually, how could they fuck him up so badly? where is the massive explosion effect stacking that really made him a pain to handle

I'm glad. I can let the series go and just focus on older games.

Butthurt that those dirty slants wont make dragons dogma 2 already

Sad that one of my favorite franchises is officially dead, but not surprised the same thing happened to Castlevania with Lords of Shadow

Bullshit, PS3 got P3HD in 2011 and Wii U got 3GHD/3U in 2012/2013.

Technically he's correct but he's a massive faggot anyway.

It took me 4 Jay Leno hunts to figure out that you can mine his back for Lava Nuggets.