Are there good FPS games that don’t feature firearms?

Are there good FPS games that don’t feature firearms?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/243120/Betrayer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Skyrim

So you want a FPS, but without the S?

Wouldn't Dark Messiah fit that Bill?

Heretic/Hexen

He wants a first person FPS non-shooter.

Came to list these.

Devil Daggers, sort of.

WOOMY!

one of those first person medieval fighting games like chivalry or kingdom cum

Lovely planet

i wouldnt be surprised if paintball guns are considered firearms in grorious nippon tbh

I would have said Ziggurat, but then I remembered the game has a few guns in it.

FPS stands for First Person Stance.

Can someone recommend me a good turn-based RTS?

Kingdom Come Deliverance

I know that you're trying to mock OP, but you can have shoot things without firearms.

stellaris or sins

Die by the Sword?

Cortex Command and Aztez technically count.

They're not turn based RTS
They a mix of both and they're independent from one another.
If anything Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is closer to a turn based RTS than those.

A turn based RTS is something that's impossible to makr

Then it's not Real Time negro

Might and magic 3?

All you have to do is make it real time, there you go.
Real time turn based strategy.
Turn as in positioning, not as in turn based.

REEEEEEEE I WANTED TO FINALLY FINISH IT

Total War series

This needs a sequel

wew

Zeno Clash

Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers.

Not first person.

Age of Wonders 2 and 3. Simulatuous turns mode makes it turn-based real time game.
I don't remember if first had it too.

Why aren't there more fantasy FPSes? I want to shoot monsters with lightning bolts and magic staves.

Video game developers are stupid. Those dungeon crawlers of the past were one step away from becoming good, but it's a step nobody took. CRPGs just plain suck: it's more fun to run around like a jaguar on crack cocaine throwing fireballs like an active Mt. Kilimanjaro than it is to allocate stat points or navigate dialogue trees.

Using magic instead of guns probably works.

A feel a more important question is this: are there good FPS that feature quasi-realistic, primitive firearms? I know there's guns in PVK II, but I want one where most people are armed with them.

*I feel

I agree that devs are stupid for not making more fantasy FPSes, but I disagree that CRPGs suck. I like stat points and dialogue trees as much as I like fast-paced fireball-throwing.

And yet so few games like that exist, despite it being a great idea.

Doesn't sound like much fun.

That's why you carry multiple guns. Your bread and butter would be wheellock pistols and other short guns, while longer guns would be secondary, perhaps most useful when fighting bigger targets or when further away.

I like this guy

The Forest, although there is one firearm it's very late game and sucks dong so nobody uses it much, the best weapon shooter wise is the modern bow

Metroid Prime Trilogy? Fire various beams and missiles/missile combo from Samus's arm cannon?

Team Fortress 2?
-Sniper with Huntsman bow, non-SMG secondary weapon (eg jarate) and any melee weapon
-Pyro with any primary weapon, non shotgun secondary weapons (eg flare gun) and any melee weapon

Lichdom Battlemage (sucks though)
Warhammer Vermintide
Shadow Warrior (2013) might as well be sword only

The pinnacle of first-person stealth.

The correct term is stealth-em-up

Who is this handsome young man?

All I know is that he truly loves The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout 4. You should buy both of these and maybe invest in some Creation Club credits if you want to meet him ;).

I personally call thief an rts, real time stealth, but yeah, Thief is a rare fps/rts hybrid

I remember years ago there was a game supposed to come out about being a wartime photojournalist. I guess they couldn't manage to wrap enough video game around the concept. I think a bunch of faggots at the time were kvetching about it too, because muh glorifying whatever.

Betrayer

store.steampowered.com/app/243120/Betrayer/

Endless Legend

There is Zigguratt, but it has a pretty bad level design since it's procedure generated. The spells also have somewhat of a weak punch.

There's black powder firearms in that game.

He was replying to the user about games with primitive firearms. I got kind of turned off of Betrayer at a point but should just see it through. The skeltal hordes kind of broke the mood for me.

napoleonic wars comes to mind

Oi u cheeky cunt

Subnautica is pretty fun, devs are SJW cancer though.

If your arms are ON fire and you use them as a weapons, would they be considered fire arms?

Savage? It has 3-4 guns, the rest is magic and bow/crossbow.

Well sucks to be you, don't it?

whats that hentai fps game where you use your dong to shoot anime girls?

Bioshock becomes a better game if you refrain from picking up any firearms. Or at the very least it becomes a game with some actual difficulty.

That's not the idea at all. We're talking about shooting things besides bullets or lasers.

Crossbows are gay

He just said it in a fancy way that he wants to play with bows.

Easy, Divinity: Dragon Commander
Best turn-based RTS skeleton dating sim.

fun fact: we almost got another game built in the same engine by the same devs who wanted to do similar gameplay.
basically it was canceled because the devs didn't want to do multiplayer and the publisher did, so the studio shut down, kinda like Human Head( the devs of original prey)
also it would have been released on the ass end of the xbox's lifespan so it probably wouldn't have sold that well anyways

Deadliest warrior

Also fallout 3 non small arms etc runthroughs, melees a popular one

I like the game but is it possible to not have the RTS matches always boil down to turtling while your dragon does drive-byes until the resources run out?

If you were smart you would build a big army, run them at your enemy, and then turn into a dragon and fuck the enemy while the army keeps them busy.

My nigger!

You can technically shoot magic staves I guess. Pic related.

Galgun?

The only time a match took me more than 5 minutes was when the game bugged out and wouldn't let my units attack the enemy base. I had to destroy it with nothing but dragon fire.
At least I got my elf waifu.