Rance X

This game is hard as ever so I wanted to discuss some strategy if anyone has tried it.

First of all you have a party and take turns attacking like regular jrpg. Each party member represents one of the areas, Leazas, Zeth, Rance, etc so you only have one character from each in combat but every member you get from that area gives bonuses to those members. Each character has 2 abilities and using the same character's same ability two turns in a row makes it cost an extra action point over the base. Spells seem to go up an action point every time they are used until you reach a healing point or finish the quest. The abilities seem to be what you would expect, guards, healers, Rance Attack. They all have an element which the enemy randomly? has a weakness to that is displayed in the center of the screen by the round number (1/10). You can swap members up until clicking the big red Battle circle in combat, then it has a long wait to swap one using the left blue button. There is also a useful blue defend button on the bottom right and an end turn below it.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/agSi5e63
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dungeons look like this. Route choices have a very obvious path with not very obvious end results. Some you just choose healing or loot. A lot lead to bad endings that don't happen until what could be an hour of combat later. You can save at any time out of combat though, and the game automatically does it as well. A lot of routes are locked behind beating an enemy, where you go on another route for running out of time. I think this is the crux of the game, you rush endings and character clears which allow you to take new game bonuses that let you beat these enemies the next time. Most of the regular combat isn't too hard once you get the hang of it. Rance, a guard, temple knight that heals when it attacks, some magic user. Who you get in your party is random in chests where you pick 1 of the 3 rewards. Probably best to take the ones giving the highest HP/Attack bonus (which cards you don't have always will).

These are the new game plus bonuses. You get a point to spend for clearing endings. The top 4 give you a point to use in the 'medal' bonuses that you get in game regularly for collecting 3 medals.

You get more XP for killing things in 1 round, 3 rounds. You get increased chance of treasure by overkilling enemies.

I really would like to discuss imported games myself, hell the Race series makes me want to learn Japanese.

Do you like the game OP?

This is the overview of the war situation. Which you are losing badly. This is what I don't really get. I managed to beat the blue girl Silky in Leazas and get some kind of bad end which got me new game plus point. This game I went free cities and beat one enemy leader; ran out of time on next ones and only got game overs.
I'm going to try alternating each area but I think they all get overwhelmed doing that.
There are also other quests for Rance but I think those end up wasting time I don't have.

Yeah I like it so far. It's unique as a jrpg which is a rarity. It's also as hard as any game I've played. I didn't like 9 much, but loved Quest a lot (and spent a solid 6 months just on translating it).

Is there an english patch?

No it's only been out a week. I think Quest is supposed to be released some time this year.

Yeah, Rance was always an interesting series to me. It's basically a legitimate game with some hentai in the mix, makes me surprised it was never properly localized. Could've been one of the biggest JRPGs if it was.

Mangagamer recently picked up Rance Quest and Sengoku Rance, so there will be official english releases of them in the near future.

yeah but what about the other games?

They are all released already.

The older games aren't particularly popular or good enough to actually be worth paying for by modern standards (aside from maybe 6 and kichikuo), and they'll likely pick up 9 and 10 after they're done sengoku and quest.

Sill is the fluffiest.

Not "maybe", they're incredibly good.

They're good I just don't know if there's a big enough market willing to accept the more dated graphics style and the crushingly tight pace you need to get a good ending in kichikuo.

So did you actually use the chaos blades? They prevent human deaths, and NG+ is more or less required for the strict time management/ However you're not actually supposed to get the true end until you've seen a set amount of other endings beating the game. Some had a hard time reconciling this story wise but Ludo was obviously not satisfied with the outcome so he kept reseting the fight giving Humanity some extra boosts so they'd put up a better fight.

They re-released the first 4 (?) games with updated graphics. Again, no English release for those yet. I suspect they'll eventually be made in about 10 years considering the pace they've had thus far.

All the older games have already been translated. All of them have top-tier comedy writing with pretty strong plots. They're a must play if you ever want to really understand the plot of later games, as the continuity is very strong, and it's not unusual to see Rance 6 makee callbacks to Rance 1 and 2 (which would be decades old by the time of Rance 6 release). Sengoku Rance is the most stand-alone game of them all, yet it also has plenty of refferences to past titles

For someone that really never really acquainted with the series,which game in the series would make a good starting point in terms of the best and more fleshed out gameplay mechanics?

Sengoku Rance (the 7th) is the one everyone started with. It's more strategy game than rpg and it's really hard until you figure out how it works. It also takes place in a different part of the world so you really don't need to play any others first.
The overarching story isn't really something you need to play all the games for. There are demons, you rape the world into following you to fight them. It's nice to see how the characters develop and reappear so play the older ones if you like jrpg. Quest I really liked and has grinding dungeon crawling that lets you replay whatever part of the game you want whenever you want; amazing in a VN instead of starting over to get different CGs.

He was talking about official releases i think.

I'd say Kichikuou and Sengoku Rance (7) are the most interesting games to start with in terms of being unique mechanically.

Otherwise, play them in sequential order. The early ones are pretty standard, grindy, and dated feeling dungeon crawls with limited strategy, with the only real plus being autocombat.

For Rance 1 and 2 they eventually both did remakes of, as well as releasing a digest version of them, which you may as well watch if you're not really interested in the gameplay. They are not particularly hard or long games though. just somewhat dull.

Then you can move on to 3 and go through there.

also here is a pastebin as of a year ago. I don't have the most recent version of it but most of it is still relevant.

pastebin.com/agSi5e63

Thank you

Played all day yesterday. All I managed to do was get one more ending and then waste 14 hours accomplishing nothing at all.
The two Rank +5 bonuses seem the best to take at the start since every 10 rank stats get a boost and cards all add this bonus to the leader of their area.
I tried doing a short quest in each area which put two Chaos swords there for a turn and helps slow take over. I tried killing the easiest of the 3 apparent bosses in each area then the next hardest. I tried doing only one area. One area gets conquered and end boss shows up to kill you in 2 hits every time. Except one which had me wait out in JAPAN for a bit first.
I had trouble killing a giant boss in Helman that gives game over suddenly at either low hp or after too many hits. I'm not sure but Rance LV45 which you get from moster girl H scene when you're picking at the castle seems to work on it. It's also lets you catch monster girls. I prefer using Sil LV43 which boosts Rance and having his other card with 0 cost attack; nice 2 ap combo. Rick lv 58 has two free attacks you can alternate and Aegis has a free ranged and a strong one use attack.
Also realized you can save someone from an area when it is just about to be taken over.
Going to try two areas and maybe saving the person from the others.

This fucker here is some bullshit. Managed to beat it yesterday but now trying it in different order it has triple hp and still instant game overs after a few rounds. It's the first boss in Helman too.

Kind of infuriating there isn't another person on earth to talk to about it.

Why don't you just use Cheat Engine, user?

Turns out he has a buff he stacks on himself (which doesn't say what it does). Alcot can remove it and the rest is easy.
Managed to get a little further and killed two non-demon bosses, one that had 23 million hp and another that needed 9 hits over 150k in 10 rounds. Also cleared Leazas but still didn't actually get any more points to help a new game.
Here's an example of what a level looks like. I'd guess there are 3 like this for each area and a bunch of smaller ones.

probably because it isn't translated and you are asking about it on an english image board

You have a 5 turn time limit to beat Kay-chan to the punch or it's an automatic game over on turn 6, you have a 4 turn time limit before the traitor auto-fails one of your fronts (you should know who it is by now anyways) you out him by going on the red path on a specific quest in that area with the traitor in your party. You have to have Hornet and one other girl saved and safe on your side by turn 6, the Medusa scene has to happen.