/ogc/ Raging Game General - Lazy OP Edition

Gravel is out and it costs too much. This begs the question: What makes a racing game worth 50+ bucks?

Other urls found in this thread:

ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia
twitter.com/bugbeargames/status/969234699532034049
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/2361446846769514267
store.steampowered.com/app/431600/Automobilista/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14hqjdg3mHFkbfeJV46K_dmgUlhOPHjD5v1J1HmKgsUo/edit?usp=sharing
hooktube.com/watch?v=2YdPNY7TihQ
nichegamer.com/2018/03/07/new-gameplay-breakdown-video-onrush/
twitter.com/matin19761/status/971638400661954560
twitter.com/matin19761/status/971782404581937152
store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=228380
igg-games.com/need-speed-payback-free-download-cpy.html
youtu.be/MhNIpH6LAus
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing makes a game worth $50+ in my mind unless it's a solid fuckin game that I'll get 200hrs out of. I bought season pass for PCars 2 since I knew I'd be playing it a lot, but I usually need some good fuckin evidence of a game being worthwhile to even pay $20.

ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia
OGC wiki since I know I'll be directing someone here at least once

being as good as any classic nfs game (including nfs ii to carbon) or burnout 3

in other words, there are no racing games worth $50

>mfw carbon keeps crashing whenever i try to start anything or change any settings on wangblows 10 but ug2, most wanted and prostreet all work fine

i have a solution to all of your computer related issues

downgrade to windows 7 fuckhead

I always just compare one hour of game time to $1 of actual money. If I spent $50 on a game then as long as I got 50 hours of play time out of it I'd be breaking even. That said, nobody should ever pay full price for vidya.

but muh forza

forza is gran turismo but downgraded and with the worst online imaginable

get pcsx2 then gran turismo 3/4 and you have forza but better

thats gt5 and every gt that has followed it

and also forza

also did you forget about horizon you nigger

inferior to f&f nfs games in every way

Last racing game I played the hell out of was Gran Turismo 5. I need to drive regular consumer cars with intense autismo options.

Also it introduced me to a car I really, really want.

Forza a shit
Microsoft a shit
You a shit

Do you actually think the Horizon games are any good?

gran turismo 3/4

or alternatively gran turismo 5/6

4 is the peak tbh

I've got about 600 hours on GT5, probably double that on GT3. Question for everyone. What game got you into driving games?

The one that did it for me was the original PS1 Driver. That game was the shit.

Gran Turismo 1. Got it on my PSP right now even.

That's fair. I think my margin is two hours per $.

Honestly I think that was my first racing game I ever owned. Such a good game. Then it was Test Drive and finally Gran Turismo 2 to introduce me to the full 'tism of car culture.

Dirt games are on sale again, if you don't own Dirt Rally go get it, if you want to try dirt 4 maybe go?

also incoming wreckfest patch
twitter.com/bugbeargames/status/969234699532034049

THQ Nordic was the best thing to Happen to Wreckfest. The game already improved a lot with the patches since they took them over, and these "what we're planning" notes sound good. store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/2361446846769514267

Such a quiet death for such an explosive franchise…

I just recently played Blur but I can't figure out for the life of me what was wrong with it?

Nothing was wrong with it. It was an amazing game made by the best arcade racing game devs in the industry. Activision fucked them over with advertising and release date, then killed them off.
Feels bad.

All the handling feels really stiff.

So this is Sony's new Not!Motorstorm.

Don't forget Automobilista is also on sale too. Plz join.

store.steampowered.com/app/431600/Automobilista/

God I hope this isn't shit.

How's Dirt 4? I already own Dirt Rally but I kinda miss proper career mode.

well I hope its good either way.

Video description says it'll be focused on realism, so it'll be shit.

Buy the copycat made by the original devs instead.

What about Onrush? That game Codemasters is working on?

Oh it's coming. No split-screen at launch though, for some reason.
They asked The Qemists (who've had their music in Motorstorm games before) to make a new single just for their new trailer.

But user- That's what I want

Goddamn he looks sad. Also, fuck you I like sims and good FFB and muh immersion.

And check my fucking digits out

check THIS

Pathetic attempt.

Wasn't an attempt. Just pointing out my two dubs in a row.

Ok

Seriously though racing sims come out every couple of months and they're all the same every time. Why would you want more?

Because sim racing devs don't get swallowed whole by EA and leave the lead developers and founders to jump ship while the developer's name is dragged through the mud with shitty Need for Speed sequels.

Now you've got the digits. Bless this thread.

To answer your question, I don't want more of the same. I want better. I've played a good handful of sims and not all of them are created equal. A lot of older ones haven't even been dethroned by newer titles. Just because they appear to be the same to someone that doesn't simrace doesn't mean they are. Posting screenshots of different renditions of a car on the same spot on a simulated real-life track is as reductive for judging a game as posting a spaceship and stars in the background from different space games.

Furthermore, the rally sim genre doesn't really exist outside of a few standout titles that have actually had decent physics and features. Go ahead and name a few actual sim-quality rally games. Dakar is a legendary rally race, and the people who appreciate it are heavy into the craft. It's in the same league as Isle Of Man TT or Le Mans for their respective motorsports. People don't generally make outrageous arcade games about these events, because the people who enjoy them are gearheads and motorsports enthusiasts- Not just Racing Game enthusiasts. There will be other dirt-racing arcade games out there, but I want to have a proper rally experience with Dakar.

Oh right, the servers for GT6 are shutting down later this month, get those plain looking custom tracks while you can everyone.

Oh, right. They drag themselves through the mud

I'm mostly just fucking around but it's been a really long time since I saw a new title like Onrush coming out. Feels like nothing's really stood out for years now, save for smaller titles like Distance, and the same gran turismo and NFS chaff's been returning time and time again.

Yeah dude we need more varied arcade racers, more exciting simcade stuff, more top of the line sims. We need more good games in every genre.

I wonder why they don't just sell it super cheap and get at least some shekels out of it. Though guess unless it sells 6 gorillion copies at $60+ each it won't sell at all :^)

Handling come to think of it feels rather unresponsive.

What is the best arcade racer on current gen consoles? Less wipeout and more burnout are where my tastes lie. I just want a new Burnout lads.

Don't suppose any of you fags can weigh in on this?
We couldn't find one that actually matched the requirements for a gamenight, if fags could make suggestions that'd help but it needs to:
1. Have at least 16 players and preferably more in a game.
2. Have in-game chat (text only is obviously fine).
3. Allow players who join after the race starts to spectate and chat (and have races only last 5-10 minutes tops so fags don't have to wait forever).
4. Work for piratefags and legitfags both.
5. Let us host our own server preferably not using goyranger (if there are no other options goyranger might be acceptable but no Tungle/Hamachi/Evolve etc).
6. Have enough content to last at least two days (assume 24+ hours of gameplay @ ~12 hours a night).

Sanic racing transformed is pretty fun. I don't think it has any kind of text chat though.

I am still looking for an arcade racer and it's gotten so bad I am considering buying a need for speed game. I have not played a need for speed since Underground 1 on the ps2. Of the two which is better, NFS[reboot] or Rivals? They are pretty damn cheap on the playstation store, 6 and five dollars respectively. I am just jonesing very hard for a new arcade racer to play. I am that desperate.

Pirate either Most Wanted 2012 or Hot Pursuit for the PS3/PC. Rivals has a very crappy open world. I can't speak for NFS Reboot though.

Are there any games similar to burnout that you recommend? I am a pretty casual racan fan. Burnout 3 is my favorite racing game ever and I really have not found anything close to its utter perfection since. I just want to experience that teeth shattering FAST and the feeling that one mistake will send your vehicle into an explosive ball of metal death and sparks. WHERE THE FUCK IS BURNOUT 4?

Hot Pursuit is basically Burnout 3 with licensed cars and less exciting boost, the same comparison can be made with Most Wanted 2012 and Burnout Paradise.

YOU GONNA TAKE THIS MARGINAL GRAPHIC UPGRADE OF BURNOUT PARADISE AND YOU ARE GONNA LIKE IT.

How the FUCK can you put boost in a game and not make it the most intense white knuckle shit imaginable. That is what kills me truly. Burnout 3 was just perfection. No racing game in the history of the genre made me feel such burning adrenaline like that one did. Boosting through hairpin turns so fast that the screen looks like a fucking monet is the only thing I ask from my racing games. Onrush looks neat though.

Trackmania is the only other racing game I like.

Need for Speed makes it just a very short burst of acceleration. Most Wanted 2012 has the closest thing to Burnout style boosts with 3 different sorts of boosts, but they just don't have the duration that Burnout gives you if you have the skill to handle them.

Too many red-flags. That combination isn't going to work.

I don't get why we can't have a sort of arcade racer these days with more than fucking 8 players? I mean how hard can it be?

How to into /ocg/? Recommended racing vidya?

assetto corsa :^)

Nice meme. I'd prefer honest answers.

Does Grawvël have a cool career mode like Gran Turismo?

Why don't you actually start with what you are looking for/interested in first then you will get an honest answer?

I'm sick and tired of this trend. If you're going to do this shit, at least have the common decency to patch the game to p2p for those that still want to play it with online components.

I'm not that picky. I like racing that's arcadey and more on the sim side. I suppose i'd like to know what the current fad(s) is(/are).

Buy the next game if you want to play online goy.

Since charts are all the rage at the moment here's a terrible one that I have no intention of finishing that has highly questionable tastes to spoonfeed you.

What the fuck
I had to go out and hunt a copy of the first one today

Agreed on Mario Kart 8. All the DLC makes it feel less and less like a Mario game, while the gameplay feels just lackluster, despite Wii's "best" efforts to shake up the formula that just led to frustration.

Then get a 360 and play PGR4. It's pure arcade but really grounded in terms of cars and tracks. Has some of the nicest arcade handling too since every car feels like a caricature of its real life counterpart. The weather is some of the nicest for that gen too. Forza basically stole its rain puddle tech after a full generation. It also has the best snow in any game that gen. I know it counts as weather, but I fucking love snow. You don't know amazing until you've driven a Ferrari in Nordschleife in the snow.

I feel like I should make a bigass chart of good racing vidya

Make sure to split it between arcade and realistic charts

You right. I want you to be wrong, but you right.

Yes bawse. except make it a spectrum from Pure Arcade Currazy Racing, to Realistic.

Don't forget to put Burnout 3 at the very top as the god of racing games.

What are your favourite kart racers?
Recently i´ve been playing sonic racing transformed and its was unexpectedly good .

I just wanted to hook up my wheel again and race for a little while.

CTR with a wheel is breddy good. I kinda wish Sanic had wheel support. But CTR feels nice and runs really well.

Movin' movin'…
R4's OST was pure art.

your taste in gaming sucks, Dirt 3 was cancer. Paradise and Test Drive are also total cancer. Horizon 3 is overrated (not a bad game, but the dlc's make it bad).

The chart idea got upgraded to a spreadsheet, I made a .txt with all the games I like but I'm tired and going to bed, I'll start filling in the sheet tomorrow.

Gonna use it for archival purposes as a one stop shop for racing vidya and fixes/recomendations.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14hqjdg3mHFkbfeJV46K_dmgUlhOPHjD5v1J1HmKgsUo/edit?usp=sharing

If you want to contribute to the spreadsheet tell me what's missing or what should be added and start listing your favorite vidya, give it a short 1-2 sentence review and if it has any technical problems on modern hardware some solutions.

My computer can't run redout properly, getting like 35 fps. Would love to play it but it's no fun at such a low framerate.

I wish the copy of R4's OST that I have wasn't mixed so terribly. It's super quiet so I have to blast it for normal volumes which then makes the rest of music unbearably loud. I also wish RRV's OST was better. At least the PSP games and 6 and 7 have good songs. Heck, even RR3D isn't all bad.

Looks way more organized than anything we've got at hand. Good on ye, user. I'm putting in a commendation for you.

I'll help out a bit.
Pic related is outdated now that WipEout Omega exists on the PS4, which is basically a remaster of HD and 2048 but still, here goes a bit of info on the best AG-racer series ever made.

Single-handedly made playstation popular. Hard as fuck and aged a bit poorly since it was made before the console had launched. Skippable but still a good game if you're interested in venturing further into the series.

Greatly improves on the first on every front. Widely considered one of the best in the series. Refined mechanics and graphics easily make it one of the starting points for people who're not yet familiar with the series.

Considered to be the best of the original PS1 trilogy. Improves on the previous two games and is one of the few playstation titles to run in high-resolution mode (512x512 @50FPS), offering crisper graphics and visuals.

Re-issue of WO3 featuring more tracks, songs, bugfixes, and different mechanics for the ships. Is considered an overall upgrade upon the original WO3.

Wild deviation from the original formula, a WipEout game in name only. Features different mechanics, art style, level design and bigger focus on combat. Considered to be the worst in the series by fans.

A transition between the original PS1 trilogy and a newborn formula contained within a soft reboot of the series after Fusion. Features mechanics somewhat similar to the slidy-floaty feel of the ships from the originals, but with a new take on some aspects.

Followup title to Pure, further refining the mechanics of the now-mature new formula. Mechanics are more grippy than Pure's, vastly different than the original trilogy's. Include new mechanics, such as barrel rolling for boosting and magnetic tracks that twist and turn in the wildest angles. Good starting point for the new era of the series.

Ultimate evolution of WipEout. Features content from both Pure and Pulse, highly detailed ships and levels, and further refining of the new mechanics introduced in the previous two games, establishing a perfect balance between Pure's floatiness and Pulse's grippiness. One of the few PS3 titles to run at unwavering solid 60FPS. Best starting point for newcomers.

Latest, and last installment in the series. Further improves upon HD's mechanics, but with some refreshing changes, such as adding ship classes, better focus on combat, wider tracks that are a bit more forgiving than previous titles, and incredible sound and graphic achievements for the system it was made for. However, it lacks in some vital aspects that were present in previous titles, as it runs at 30FPS, and contains no Racebox (arcade freeplay) mode.

A legitimate native 4K remaster of HD + Fury and 2048 at un-fucking-breakable 60 FPS.

Is /ogc/ becoming great again?

Lower model settings first, render distance, particle density etc. Textures can usually be kept higher. Lastly, get rid of the post-processing as much as possible t. potato pro

The marketing had another reaction - I remember a few shitty game journos (well that's redundant) drumming up drama how the ads were taking a jab at Mario Kart, more people took the bait and got a stick up their ass and by the end the sales were pretty low because the time of year it came out wasn't the greatest.

Silver lining - a bunch of the staff moved onto making Forza Horizon after the studio closed.

NFS Reboot is dogshit. It looked nice but underneath it's just trash. Agree that Rivals is shit as well.

Pure arcadey fun - Daytona USA is on Xbox for not much. If you want classic "pick a slow car and pour cash into it" arcadey fun, you're better off hunting down an old copy of Carbon or Most Wanted 2005.

Bless the Horizon series. MS needs to force Playground Games to work on PGR5 already.

I'll just wait until Burnout Paradise remastered comes on sale I guess. Being a fan of burnout 3 is truly suffering. It is the definition of perfection and the one time I wouldn't mind EA going full Jew and porting that shit on everything and they fail me. EA honesty doesn't seem to like doing HD remasters of anything which is fucking odd. They manage to pump out a game that isn't complete trash every once and a while and yet they never seem to rerelease anything.

No HD Def Jam FFNY, Burnout 3, Bad Company 2, SSX3, Dead space, ect.

I can't tell if I am more angry or impressed they managed to have such self control. If I oak wrong plus bully, but I think Burnout Paradise is their first remastered game.

Jokes on you they're actually working on Fable 4.

I would like that.

Maybe my taste in racing vidya isn't half bad.

Burnout 3 is the pinnacle of arcade racing games. Every game I have ever played feels like complete shit in comparison.

Would you say Omega and 3SE are the ultimate games to play?

Kinda. Omega doesn't have the custom soundtracks feature that HD + Fury have, which is used in Zone mode like a visualizer.

I know it's somewhat much to ask for but I have several question:

Could someone do a similar rundown as but for Gran Turismo? I've never player a GT game.

How do I git gud at Dirt Rally? I seem to only be able to play the game with the gosh darn Mini of all things. I play with all hud and assists off.

How do I extract fun out of RFactor?

Does Burnout 3 Emulate well? I haven't played it in years and this thread has really made me want to play it again.

What's the difference between Burnout 3 and Revenge? Which one has more content?

That's a shame but I suppose the OST for Wipeout is usually pretty good and the amount of content ought to make up for it.

The original and probably the most complete of the entire series. Worked on for 5 years straight, back when the PS1 was still the SNES-CD addon. Easy to pick up and play.

If you bought a new car from 1995 - 2000, chances are this game had it. Only major downfall is how buggy and unfinished certain aspects of it are due to being rushed out for the Millennium holiday season. Max Speed Test has a tendency to No Mercy 64 your whole savegame. Also the cut content that no longer exists is enough to make you rage. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, McLaren and Pagani were all planned to make an appearance. But if you love 80s and 90s shitboxes then pick it up.

Huge stepdown from its predecessor in terms of cars, but the significant graphical improvements are not something to be ignored. For something that came out in 2001 it was almost unreal. Also the physics are slightly better than 4's, cars are more inclined to naturally drift and the chase camera swivels under steering rather than remaining static. If you get the NTSC-J version you can obtain a Stratos, Diablo and 996 GT3 for your save.

Fun little diversion that came out a year after 3, released everywhere except the US so if you have an American PS2 get it chipped, buy a JP/EU console or emulate it. PAL version has the most cars, including the Toyota POD which makes it sole GT appearance in this game.

Slight graphical downgrade in order to fit everything onto one dual-layered disc, and will have trouble running on black PS2s due to the way the laser refracts light even if it's a brand new, untouched copy. But if you can get past that this is arguably almost as good as 2 and probably the best overall game to date with over 700 cars compared to GT3's 200. So many things you can do, and if you get bored there's an ARMax disc they made for this game to fuck around with if you can get a hold of it. Save bonuses if you completed GT4 Prologue as well.

Actually pretty good, has every car from each region-exclusive version of GT4 except for the Korea-only Hyundai Click Type R, plus some extras such as the Countach, Enzo and R35 GTR. Only negatives are the fact races are 4 cars only and the textures have been somewhat compressed.

Barely worth the wait, other than the premium cars and jaw-dropping visuals. If you want the HD experience for GT then try and search for a hard drive that has GTHD on it or at the very least play Prologue. Over 1000 cars but that's not necessarily a good thing; some have more polygons in their headlights than others do for their entire body.

Tired is one word to describe this entry. 5 but with a minor graphical reskin and 100 or so extra cars. Also expect a price drop in the next week or so as the servers are shutting down.

Much more competent of a game than when it launched, latest DLC put in a Pantera for the first time in GT history. Livery editor, online racing is much better than Forza's and the only real drawbacks are the physics which still feel like GT4's and don't allow you to flip over, and the AI which can't drive. Also the license tests are stupidly easy to get gold on and the OST sucks dick.

Oh wow. Thanks user. This one is a lot harder to really make your mind upon. Would you say any certain game is the definitive one/ are there a few definitive ones? The way you described it makes me frankly not even try them, aside from the first perhaps.

Thanks for runs and downs.

Is there any game that's similar in regards to career mode, car customization and variety for PC?

Forza 7 sadly

this game is fun, never liked it much at launch but i can appreciate it in the current year

You can flip over in GT Sport. I kept on doing it at the entrance to the forest on the Nordschleife in the stock STI. If I rode the left curb too much it kept on making me flip over, it was pretty hilarious. The car would just auto respawn back on the track after sitting on it's roof for a brief moment.

Honestly, you went too light on Sport, and I LOVE Sport.

Sport is "what if we started over from scratch" basically. Less content, more cusomization, bestest graphics in the fuckin GAME (Industry).
It's really really good but it feels like a Prologue title, which I HOPE is true, tbh. GT4 was my first Racin Sim and I LOVED Collecting cars and just looking at them and basically GT4 gave me my car boner, and the fact that Sport had no car older than 2005 on launch was very disappointing to me, HOWEVER!!! the updates are adding older cars and I love them. I noticed alot of them are also cars from previous games, so HOPEFULLY this means they're gonna keep remaking the old vehicles until Sport basically becomes a fully fledged GT game worthy the number 7… or they just release a GT7 a la previous numbered titles where it just contains all the content of the previous games.

Also, you fucked up the major downside to GT PSP, the beautiful portable magiks it was. The fucking Dealership Cycles.
Basically, you cant goto any car dealership you want and buy your favorite car from prev games, you need to WAIT for the 4 dealerships to cycle every 2 days, each dealership having a MAXIMUM of like 6 cars. it was somewhat randomized too so it sucked to have to grind out on the oval for like 3 hours in a bugatti just to unlock a 2Mil Credit car or some shit… like, I spent more time grinding for cash than enjoying the game, and thats no good. Also by "2 days" I mean 2 game plays. You race once, that counts as a day, you race on another track? thats 2 days. by the time you goto the menu, youre fuckin on day 3, you fucked up and missed that car you wanted.

3SE has a different ship handling mechanic from the original, so the gameplay's a matter of which one you like better. Everything else is an upgrade, so it's generally better.
If you want better soundtrack, get HD + Fury or 2048
If you want 4k and active multiplayer, get Omega

Wipeout 64 was just 2097 with an exclusive track.
I said it was a new formula, not that it was better than the originals. I like the whole franchise but HD still is the most accepted by fans as a whole, though.

No it wasn't it didn't have a single track from 2097; you clearly haven't played half the games you're talking about.

While I'll admit the only one I haven't played was 64, the tracks in that game are mirrored versions from 2097's, or small variations that make them a bit different. Qoron IV for example is just a flattened Altima because the N64 couldn't handle the big drop. The game also happens during the F5000, one year after 2097.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think Sport is in its own way becoming the 7th main entry of the series, especially since the addition of Campaign mode and the sustained dripfeed of DLC with older cars in them. And unless there's another revolution in video game technology, I think these new models are here to stay for good, which means this "reset" was necessary, but now they'll never need to do it again. They could probably keep using these models 20 years from now with no problems, like they did from GT2000 to GT6 with only intermittent touch-ups such as higher resolution textures and more detailed tires.

lmao, so I wasn't the only one who did that. Used to shove steelies on high-performance cars all the time similar to pic related. IDK, just liked something about it. Maybe because there weren't normally steel rims in video games. My favorite Evo in game was the VI/VII/VIII RS model for that reason.

Is ridge racer a fun series? I never got into it

Speaking of carbon I love/hate it so much.
It's so much worse than the earlier fast n furious inspired games but at the same time I love the class system so much. I really liked the idea of class systems in racing games.

It's a great arcade racer.
If you're playing the PS1 games check out Rage Racer too.

Name 'em, dudes

But in all seriousness.
hooktube.com/watch?v=2YdPNY7TihQ

The older ones are super fun. The new ones feel really arcadey and heavily simplify drifting while also eventually introducing NOs. I don't like any of the ones with NOs as much as the older titles, but that's a personal preference. The neat thing is that Namco did a great job building out their fake world of fake cars and still made most of them drive fairly uniquely but keeping manufacturer's handling characteristics the same between models of each brand. I'm used to older NFS where the cars basically all drive the same except for top speed and acceleration (at least, that's all the difference I feel in NFS3), or like Crash Team Racing where it's all karts that kinda sorta feel the same. If you have a freesync/gsync monitor, emulate Rave Racer on MAME (adaptive refresh fixes framerate related problems to sound and controls) and it's a lot of fun. Rage Racer and Type 4 on PSX are wonderful, despite being pretty different. Rage Racer lets you rice your cars a little and Type 4 just lets you unlock over 300 cars with varying stats. Type 4 also introduces the idea of cars that don't dorifto, which is used through Ridge Racer V and promptly dropped in favor of a 3-tier rating for how well a car drifts (Mild, Standard, Expert, I believe) and even then, it's more of a guideline than set rule for how slick a car is around turns.

All in all, competent series and filled with arcade fun and decent music. Might not scratch the same itch as the better GT games but it's still a lot of fun.

Ridge Racer could have been so much more especially since it shared the same universe as Tekken and Ace Combat.

Yeah, it feels kinda flat as far as setting. I like that they name drop a lot of stuff for their fictional cars. Everything about the game's tracks feels very clean and neat to the point of seeming entirely unrealistic. Like an uncanny valley, but for roads.

This one does justice to the title "Fury".
No more racing, only violence.

How do I get them into good racing games?

Also just realized. I don't think I've ever seen a person on a track or watching a Ridge Racer race in game.

People always say Project Soul gets shit on the most at Namco and my only reaction is to point at Ridge Racer. If it had an actual story, it could have been great! The little bits of story in Type 4 are nice slices into the lives of people running your racing team. Unfortunately, the only Ridge Racer game with a real story we have is R: Racing Evolution. It's okay to put it mildly.

Tekken's not in the same universe as Ace Combat and RR though. Tekken is on real Earth (and technically so is Type 4, since you go to real countries) but I want to believe Ridge City/Ridge State are somewhere in Usea for Ace Combat. It could be a Fast n Furious plot, it could be Initial D, it could be a straight up, honorable and legal racing tournament and talk about Race City and Rage Racers and how Reiko became mascot of the Racing Association. The birth and death of these automobile companies racing against each other, teams coming and going through history to prove their worth as drivers, the average citizens watching and having car culture as a mainstream activity instead of something like football.

I actually wanted to run quests taking place for each game and the choices/outcomes of earlier races shape later campaigns slightly. It's just a shame I have no talent for writing or planning stories to make them fun. But there's so much love put into the Ridge Racer world, it feels easy to just jump in and have the world be fleshed out in all the right places now that we could explore other facets of the city and it's people.

Am I 2 months behind on FOTMshit?
What are those "games" you speak of?

You get a race queen on track for Type 4 but that's it. Ridge City is actually pretty safe to drive in. The city blocks off streets for races. There are terribly textured crowds in the arcade games, I think, but beyond that, no people out and about. The city is actually shockingly detailed as the games progress. And for the most part, the city stays basically the same from generation to generation.

Fortnite is a shitty PUBG free clone and Earthstone is a very crappy computer TCG made by Blizzard.

Fix'd.

I think the name of the game is Hearthstone, not Earthstone.

Huh, well I guess I don't have the words for why Ridge Racer feels so artificial to the point of it being irksome to me. Only Ridge Racer manages this, not Gran Turismo, not Project Cars, not Burnout or Wipeout invokes this weird feeling.

You should make that game, user. We need more arcade racing games.

I like my racing games to be as over the top as humanly possible, especially in the drift and boost departments. Burnout is basically the only racing series that makes me hard for going vroom vroom. Knocking out other racers, getting crazy high speeds and boost drifting around hairpin turns at unholy teeth chattering FAST.

I need more car games like this. I am not interested in Simulation titles at all.

Did people only hate Burnout Paradise because of the crash mode?

While "Showtime" didn't even come close to the crash modes of 3 and Revenge, the rest of Paradise is littered with downgrades.
The gameworld was pretty nice, new events were a welcome addition, and stunting in Freeburn was fun back in the day; But everything else was done better in its predecessors.

Burnout Paradise is still a super fun game in its own right, and I never actually owned the original just borrowed it from a neighbor a few times, and I am actually tempted to get the remaster in the nonexistent hope my shekels melt EAs decrepit heart enough to actually green light a new game, or at least bring 3 to PC. I enjoyed the game immensely, but not even remotely as much as 3. I wasn't too into the sprint style races of paradise. They don't last nearly long enough to create any sense of real tension. Fun but underwhelming ultimately describes paradise for me. I am interested in it purely for the DLC which I never got to play and looks really fun. It's one of EA's least shit games, but it doesn't come close to Burnout 3 which in my opinion is the pinnacle of arcade racers. I bought a PSP just to play BurnoutNDominator, which is a port of 3 that is how much I love that game. It's the only racing game since jet moto that I can ever remember 100%ing. I will jack Burnout 3 off for the rest of my natural life. No game will even come close.

I am fairly certain you can aftertouch in paradise. I am often wrong though

Big Island Surf is probably the only DLC that you'd be interested in, since that adds the most significant portion of actual single player gameplay to the game with new checkpoint races with laps and such and a shitton of stuff to stunt off of. Burnout Bikes is interesting, but they work pretty differently from cars and have no boost mechanic, and races with them are solo affairs with no CPU machines, which limits how exciting they feel.

The rest of the DLC is simply famous cars, two (kinda ugly) cars with new boost mechanics, and lil cars, which don't bring with them any new races or anything. The last DLC worth mentioning is the cop and robbers multiplayer mode, which I've never played.

Nope, although that was featured in the beta.

And suddenly I want the PC remaster.

Casual.

I really hope they eventually add in a F50 into GT Sport.

To be fair, the Boost Hot Rod is probably the best speed car in the game due to the fact you get perpetual boost as long as you can control it. If you're doing something involving smacking people around then the Knight Rider Carson GT is the best, especially for Marked Man.

Hey /ogc/, what racing game to buy on PS4 that isn't Driveclub, nor GT Sports?
How's Project Cars 2?
How's Dirt series?

I want something to play 30 minutes before going to work and to play full day on weekends.

PCars 2 is kinda shitty on the base PS4. They recently updated it a bit but it's still the worse looking game on the console. If you fell for the Sony jew though and bought a Pro I'd recommend getting PCars 2.

If you've got a wheel then I'd suggest Assetto Corsa, otherwise your best bet is GT Sport but you specifically said to avoid mentioning that one.

GT Sport currently doesn't fit my predefined price range. I also don't like the idea of some editions including game credits as a bonus. I'l look into Assetto Corsa you mentioned.

As i realize NFS Rivals is shit game, right?

Yep, do not get Rivals, even if it's on sale. The problem sim-cade racers have is that they all have superior versions on PC, with the exception of GT Sport. That just leaves Wipeout Omega Edition if I recall right.

I think GT Sport is like $32 on the playstation store right now. You can also pick up a new physical copy off of Amazon for $35. Yea, that premium edition stuff is retarded, especially since credits are unbelievably easy to earn in that game.

Popped this in tonight while streaming on Twitch Man was it refreshing to replay it.

Got a 71 Celica GT at 140hp tuned up and whooping some F Class hard now in only 10 game days.

Can you do check point races in Paradise or only in big surf. Huge if both. The fact that Big Surf fixes my biggest complaint with the game is enough to tip my hand and get the remaster alone. Can you make your own events and play them in singleplayer?

Is there a way to add a damage model to the nodded cars? Or add cars that have even basic damage?

Checkpoint races are only in the Big Surf Island area for cars, while the bikes get some in both Big Surf and Paradise City itself. I distinctly remember one race that took you through all 8 compass points of the map.

As far as creating your own events in single player, no. I think you can make them in multiplayer, but don't quote me on that since I've only ever touched it once and did not complete a single race.

Also no idea. I really hope so since it would just be a matter of applying whatever deformation magic the original devs had made onto car models, but something tells me it just is not that simple or else everyone else would have just copied it.

Am with you on that one. Overall it's got a lot of flaws and can't fluke-through like Most Wanted did, but underneath there was stuff in there I really liked:

- Doing 1-shot races outside of Career mode unlocked cars that were available in story mode (eg. instead of the 3 shit cars you could start with the 180X early).
- The buddy system; it wasn't implemented good, but I loved the idea of me and another partner in the race and not just solo. So races I went muscle car and use the shortcut team mate, so they'd drive ahead and I'd block everyone.

Fuck everyone knows how good Burnout 3 was, if no-one else has tried to recreated in in the last decade why would EA - they've clearly burned the franchise down in order to fuel NFS.

Don't resist
It's all over

Well EA burned a lot of franchises down cause in the end they had too many IP's competing with one another. Like what they did to the Medal of Honor franchise to secure the existence of Battlefield.

Dirt Rally could be fun, but I've never played. I hear it's well reviewed even on console. It's pretty hardcore sim for rallying, so if you want sim you can get it.

Man, I think I have JSRF/SegGT combo somewhere but I also have Crimson Skies for OG Xbox and I've never played it. Maybe that's what I'll do in a little bit. That and Corvette for Xbox.

Too bad I don't have the time or skills to make this a real game.

I actually ended up flipping over this morning while trying to see how airborne I could get.

Ps4 is really lacking in racing vidya. How's Assetto Corsa in terms of realism and handling? Is it worth buying with its rather basic career mode and loads of dlcs that i am not going to spend my shekels on?

But they did, it's called Race Driver 3

From a realism, FFB, and handling standpoint there isn't a single game on PS4 that can come close to AC. Even on PC it's hard to beat. I had it for probably a month or two before I caved and started buying the DLC's . But even without them it's still plenty of fun, albeit a tad bit bare bones compared to other games perhaps.

I'm not sure if you have a wheel or not so one thing to keep in mind is that it's supposedly pretty difficult to play if all you have is a DS4.

Forget select classic F1 cars, I want to race several seasons in one game like F1 Challenge. I want tobacco and alcohol sponsors, and don't tell me it can't happen because one of the recent NASCAR games did it. I want the game to get gradually more and more difficult each season to simulate aging until you're forced to retire after the 20th year if you even make it that far. I want to be injured in crashes and be forced to take time off. I want to see fatal crashes (though they'd never allow that with real drivers; imagine the outcry with someone such as Bianchi) that can happen to you if you're not careful. I want freak events like some fucking moron running onto the track with a deathwish or a deer hopping over the tire wall. I want VR podium celebrations. And above all, I want the ability to watch the whole race TV-style with commentary as though it were a real F1 race. I feel Sony were on the cusp of something great when they had the license yanked from them.

I start to understand why it runs like shit.

Well, at least i can do dumb things to it
i should get a new fucking GPU already

It's not a controller game, you need a wheel to play AC whether you play on PS4 or on PC. It's unfortunate considering other simracing titles feel fine with a controller.

Well. Fuck. I haven't bought it yet and just pirated on PC to test it out. DS4 really works like shit with it. Turn left - it stucks at turning left a little. Turn right - it stucks at turning right a little. Neutral zoning is kinda weird. I guess they wanted to optimize it for wheels only. Also holy hell what driver does to wheel in first person just by slightly tilting a stick.
Is it as bad on PS4 itself?
So, what about PCars 2 performance on original PS4 again? There's a huge discount on full version with all dlcs to it on EU PSN.
I guess i'l have to wait before starting to play racing games seriously with such a deal, if its all shit.
Or have to get few bucks more to get that damn GT Sport.

I'm using an xbone s pad and some settings found online and it's one hundred times better than stock
Maybe look if you can find something

Is an used DFGT a good buy? I like racing games, but spending 150€ for a wheel seems too much for me

Honestly GT Sport it your best option, it's made to be playable on consoles with controllers and wheels plus it's got a good chunk of content. AC has a couple of other issues that stack up like no working nighttime races as well as no flags. PCARS2 is an alright game but they did some questionable things (paying off journos) that I refuse to support them.
If you want a cheap racing game that is solid though not on PS4, anything using gmotor2 like RACE 07, rFactor, Automobilista and GT Legends.

They used to be a little cheaper, most of the old wheels are getting expensive as the new gen comes in with their own problems. Yes FFB is good for simracing but at the same time try to judge how involved you want to get into it since it's easy to find yourself suddenly spending $500 even without the cost of the games.

dirt 2 is much better than 3, you could argue that there 2 different type of games though

the first horizon game was the best.

i agree with everything but just want to point out that GT 3 cut cars because the dev time was cut in half. the team shifted from "gt 2000 "beta to gt 3

Get WipeOut Omega Collection. Shit's lit as fuck.

This
And wait for Onrush too.

Are GT2000 copies worth anything?

only press demos exist i think, looking at ebay they go for 60 - $100

Any games similar to Midnight Club Los Angeles but on PC? I haven't played a lot of racing games but I remember having fun with that one ten years ago.

Where have the years gone? Unfortunately I haven't personally played any PC racing game with the same flavor of Midnight Club: LA. You could always emulate Midnight Club 3 though, I think it's the best in the series.

Yeah, MC3 was awesome. Car choice was excellent, only game I know that included the '49 Fleetline, '78 Monte Carlo, '81 Camaro and '95 Impala in its Chevy lineup. And even though they lacked the license to a couple certain manufacturers, they at least tried to fill in the stopgaps with Saleen for Ford and Gemballa for Ferrari/Porsche. Basically had everything you could want in a racing game and that's without including the SUVs and motorcycles. Hydraulics were fun as fuck to mess around with as were the powerups. Modification was endless and was the only game I can remember off the top of my head that allowed you to modify the license plate, and the graphics were amazingly good for something that was sixth-gen only.

All in all, 9/10 at the absolute lowest.

Is Project Cars 2 a dud? I keep seeing it on sale constantly.

I'll never know until it's GOTY edition goes on sale for like $20. A lot of review sites rated it highly, so I assume it's at least okay.

Good on PC and if you fell for the PS4 Pro meme, but absolute shit on base PS4. Not sure how it is on Xbox.

I recently downloaded it after buying an external hard drive and while it's not as shit as I remember it being, it's still only good for about 15 minutes or less before I want to quit and play something better.

Good as fuck on PC. It's my daily driver. I got my FFB dialed in on it, and it's gorgeous with lots of cars and tracks to experience. If you like re-creating real life races it's great.

I bet, I'm jealous.

Assetto Corsa new game coming out. Compezione or whatever.

Man I miss the 7th gen sometimes.

Porsche pack dropped for PCars 2. Leipzig is a joy to drive, although it is only one layout. The cars are a lot of fun to drive (and I'm not even a Porsche fan). The RSR GTE is rapid as hell, the '73 RSR is super enjoyable to drive. I don't care too much about the other vintage racecars, but they are fun enough to drive. The road cars even handle pretty well. The 959S is a total meme car in the best way.

This is the most fun I've had in a long time.

Oh hey, I remember this game. Is it still in early access?

Yes it is, used to update at a snail's pace but it's progressing nicely now. Will probably be worth buying in a year.

I should have put it into quotes since the setting itself is called "realistic".

That's nice. Guess I might buy it in a year.

GET

ah I fucked that one up. Gonna go learn to count. Brb

This is some real fucking low energy shitposting. Does no one care about the get?

I CARE. That's why I'm trying to get sub-gets, but can't fuckin count and was off by 20. Lets see what it was anyway-

If GET, ogc a best

too slow, like always

To be fair, I was way too fuckin fast last time. Glory to the buncha 4's

vvvrrrrrroooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :3

Why does rubberbanding AI still exist in racing games? Is it that hard to code an AI that races like normal?

Not like normal but poorly enough to stay with you, yet good enough not to beat you every time. They'd have to make the same types of mistakes as humans in unpredictable ways. Rubber banding is so much easier to pull off.

Whoops, reverse the words poorly and good. Anyway, has anyone played Gravel? How is it?

In arcade racers it keeps the action consistent.

yes, look at Dirt rally's Rallycross AI as an extreme example, the AI is fast but it's on rails and will happly ram you out of the way because it doesn't know you're there.

Look at how long it took Assetto Corsa to update it's AI, Project cars launched with terrible AI and millions of DLCs later, project cars 2 Still has questionable AI at times.

On rubber banding, I'd say play Ridge Racer. Those games play less like a rubber bandy arcade game and more like a puzzle game involving speeding cars. The cars race on nearly predetermined courses, but you have to figure out the best places to gain speed and pass without hitting a car or the wall or losing too much speed around corners. Well timed passes should make it easier to keep gaining time and places in the ranking and each difficulty gives you a shorter and shorter length of time to "solve" the "puzzle", making it less tolerant of mistakes (as per usual with other racing games which can be buttfucking hard). This actually helped a dummy like me to apply proper racing techniques instead of slamming into the other racers like it's /ogc/'s first turn in an rFactor race, where as other sim/simcades want to hold your hand unless you know to go into the options and disable a bunch of the assists and learn how to control the car yourself.

Related, makes me kinda want Sport, presents a challenge you don't normally see in racing games (multiplayer excluded)

The AI is so fucking terrible in that game. A really big upside to it for me is that it makes grinding credits incredibly easy. Even at professional level it's like you're not even racing anybody. The only hard part about racing them is trying to avoid collisions with them so that you can get the 50% clean race bonus boost at the end of the race. They're fucking suicidal most of the time and will just purposely try to ram right into you. I like hot lapping more than racing so it's mainly a non issue in my case.

Really? I was reading in the comments that the AI drives cleaner the further up the campaign you go.

ebin

Fuel is criminally forgotten.

Well, you see ivan, when you install a russian repack you should know russians hate english language like nazis themselves.

huh, turned out trtext folder was doubled. but something else shitted itself up. off to another torrent

A little bit of gameplay from Onrush and info nichegamer.com/2018/03/07/new-gameplay-breakdown-video-onrush/

Looking nice, but I'm not quite sure about the Rush ability.

If a Ricardo claim nutsubbing for effeczor, why rothar did no?

Excuse me?

I'd prefer not to.

I won that 20,000,000 credit Jag in the GT Sport daily workout today. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked, but now after getting to race against the P4 it makes me want the Ferrari even more than I already did.

Just look at this thing. I think I may like it in the original green more though.

Nice dude. I remember the first time I farmed enough credits in Forza 4 to get that one expensive as fuck Ferrari. Took a ton of grinding but felt so good.

When will I git gud?

Is Jim doing something to site again or webm playback breaks on my side?

Playbacks are working for me.

Can you view this one B^) ?

yes and it is hilarious

Eh, kinda lame, but at least Onrush might be good.

Looks like someone pressed Z or R twice.

Oh my lord. I haven't played AC but that doesn't sound good. What are you doing to the car? Is that sound normal?

Silverstone race starting in 40 minutes.

Check this shit out my dudes
twitter.com/matin19761/status/971638400661954560

twitter.com/matin19761/status/971782404581937152

yo guys, project cars 2 is 50% off. When the fuck did they release project cars 2? I didn't even knew that game existed and it's 50% off. That shit any good? I assume it's not, pc1 sucked dick from what I remember, and if pc2 is already 50% off I assume it sucks.

thanks fam, I watched the 24h of dubai the last time only becuase one of you fags mentioned it in this thread

Pretty shit, the deal on Automobilista last week was both a better deal for a better title.

see my one paragraph review

It's fuckloads better than the first one and now after some patches the AI is as good as anything

That being said, if you're looking for online racing you're gonna have to join a community or two. Pub scrubbing isn't worth it on this game.

Holy shit that's great. I love it when people get creative like that.

Is this shilling? Is that Twitter link for data mining purposes?

I don't think so. It's some 3D models of a AE86 and Supra on a Initial D manga backdrop to make some kinda neat art.

Are you retarded? It's just some radical art made to look 2D.

They're looking for game designers and an art director, they probably want to work on a campaign with actual gameplay and some more fancy tracks, FlatOut style, as we speak

At least I hope, that would be great because the realistic mood of the game gets me bored now

I think you might be right since they've been ramping up production. We even got another update just now:
store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=228380
Two updates in a month for this game is like sorcery.

It's forgotten for all the right reasons, the multiplayer was ass, and apart from the massive game world (which was empty as fuck) there is nothing special or memorable about FUEL.

That being said Motorstorm Apocalypse is still the best end times racing game

That was the worse part of carbon though. It's far too overbearing and forces your hand on what cars to drive.

The CD for RRV's ost had two regular cars on a mountain road going at it and I think that's the coolest shit ever. Would be nice to start out as just some street racer before getting picked up by a team and going on to be the Ridge City Champ. A bit more lore would be nice too, especially regarding the car manufactures. Any news on RR8?

This

Street Legal Red Line Racing Only partially. It' more a ricing sim and a mod exercise. Though there's a fan patch version on steam

Cause there's no outpouring asking for legit AI. Especially over Gwafics or Physics. So they just slap in rolling road blocks that you're meant to pass that do nothing but follow a line and try to match your pace. Also Proper AI is more intensive and harder to do.

I've had the idea of an AI basically using a vision cone to keep from hitting you (or you hitting it). One that's always out the front, one that would on the side and where the mirrors would point at intervals, and then just blind spots.

It'd be easy enough to implement to improve a rubber band AI and some games where you can spook drivers (Juiced comes to mind weirdly enough) technically have it already. To go more in depth would be having the racing line they follow (only deviating when there's a perceived obstruction) along which would be zones for braking and accelerating which RNG would decide when to start. Adjusting for difficulty, you could have one that does everything damn near perfectly as your hard difficulty naturally, then just have them take lines that less idea, brake earlier, accelerate later. The RNG could also cause failure with braking way too late or getting on the gas too soon. And they could also block or draft. But for a grid of say 7 cars, this would be pretty intensive to sim, especially in quick succession.

Well he's not wrong

You could have saved and posted them ya know?

(Checked)
Don't forget the AI is trash and you're encouraged to face it on hard.

Attached: DXvzyuxVQAA3GSA.jpg (320x200 80.98 KB, 4.06M)

Well I can't argue against that, Motorstorm has some great settings.

RRV could play with so many things. Why is Reiko dropped? Who is Ai? What happened to the Real Racing Roots organizers? R. T. Souvalou is still around, but MMM and DRT aren't, where did they go?

Not much new for RR8 other than potentially being a Switch exclusive. Better than nothing, I guess. I don't have high hopes if it feels as generic as RR3D, which somehow felt worse than the PSP games even though it's basically the same game.

I think that's a problem with RR in general. They are very very linear games. If you find a car you like, you're allowed to use it for everything in the game, even across Categories/Classes. Compare this to other racing games where they have race series that restrict you to certain styles/manufactures, or at least encourage you to drive other cars with separate career tracking for them.

Not to say RR's core gameplay isn't near perfect (although I'd happily exchange strategic boosting to maximize Ultimate Charges for boosting forever as long as you are skilled at driving). I should try Unbounded again, I felt like I was playing that wrong, but a lot of the game felt very very odd.

Probably because it was the only one.

Unbounded is shit. And older RR was good because the cars actually handled differently, even within the same categories. So the skill in a lot of them were trying to do well enough to get new cars that you had to learn on the fly. Play RRT4 and try to race perfectly, you'll see what I mean.

Oh I'm aware. Fuck you Solvalou, I'm doing my best.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH KIDDO
DIDN'T WIN THE RACE BY TWO LAPS BEFORE IT EVEN BEGAN? YOU SUCK FUCK OFF
YOU WANTED THAT PRETTY BISONTE DIDN'T YOU? WELL FUCK YOU YOU'RE GETTING THIS THREE-WHEELED PIECE OF SHIT AND YOU'RE GONNA LIKE IT

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (156x176, 6.61K)

Currently downloading NFS Payback. How shitty is it?

I've got some bad news 4 u friend.

Attached: JUSTJUSTJUST.jpg (375x360, 17K)

I misread that as Paycheck, which would be all EA would be thinking of when making it I guess.

Well no surprise. It's completely shit. Played for about 30 minutes and then uninstalled.

i hope you don't mean the tier system, because locking a car you want to drive out of the question because it's blatantly inferior to a higher tier car is one of the major things that made the game shit

but yes, the exotic/muscle/tuner variations added nice variety to gameplay even if muscles were blatantly the best once you could control them, and carbon is one of the most comfy racing games ever

Attached: nfs carbon.mp4 (854x480, 3.61M)

Type 4 is the most heavy lore wise, and I think they wanted to mix up the flag girl with Ai (ignoring or not realizing the following Reiko had).

By download does that mean you bought it or that you found a torrent Cause share if have

igg-games.com/need-speed-payback-free-download-cpy.html download from MegaUP or Google Drive

It's bad though

Laughed the fuck out loud. Good shit

I really really wish it wasn't bad before i download myself and waste 30 minutes of my own life on it before uninstalling myself.
I am hopeless.

Attached: racers don't need girls.jpg (720x540, 55.88K)

Skip to 7:00 and see for yourself.
Not only did it steal more of Burnout's mechanics, but now it's also copycatting Split/Second with all the explosions.

The worst it the car handling. Just plain awful. I expect a NFS to go over the top with stupid bullshit but at least make the cars drive and handle somewhat decently.

I'm gonna trust you user, even though I shouldn't.

Also I know the game as a whole is gonna be shit. It's just an updated version of NFS '15 which sucked. but I really liked the rice sim aspect, and I don't wanna bother with Street Legal Redline Racing to get the same experience

Bump. What racing game has the best snowy track?

Are any of the motorstorm games good?

Attached: r01.jpg (1366x768, 140.36K)

Perhaps Dirt Rally?

Yeah.
Motorstorm 1 is good.
Pacific Rift is the best.
Arctic Edge is okay but slow.
Never played Apocalypse but heard it was shit in some core aspects of the game.
Nobody talks about RC.

In short, just play the first two games.

Here's some rally for you cunts. Tracker seems to be shitting the bed at the moment though, so it'll probably take longer than usual to download this.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8f5621cb495dcbd8cc29b93916bb2d4d1d91389c&dn=WRC.%202018.%20%d0%ad%d1%82%d0%b0%d0%bf%203.%20Rally%20Guanajuato%20Mexico.%20%d0%9e%d0%b1%d0%b7%d0%be%d1%80%20(Feed)%20%5b2018%2c%20%d0%90%d0%b2%d1%82%d0%be%d1%81%d0%bf%d0%be%d1%80%d1%82%2c%20HDTVRip%2f720p%2f50fps%2c%20MKV%2fx264%2c%20EN%2fINT%5d&tr=http%3a%2f%2fbt4.t-ru.org%2fann%3fmagnet

Of all things in the world nothing ages as fucking much as racing vidya.

Attached: top gear 2.png (804x325, 88.05K)

I do love that Outrun style of scrolling world though, even more Mode7 racers like F-Zero. Very charming engines.

Why not Automobilista?

Doesn't it play a lot like rFactor? That was my assumption based on it using the same engine. We had to scrub rFactor because of issues like latefags having to sit out for ages and inability to control what cars fags can take for a given track (also it didn't have a conventional head-to-head race mode from what I could see).
If Automobilista solves these issues it could be a candidate, can you explain how well it does on those 6 points? Also how is it for toasters?

Also asking resident /o/tist for some details on the game, looks somewhat promising. What's pirateabilty like?

So what I'm seeing (need answers for the unknowns):

Positives

Negatives

Are you talking about the turbo whistle? My RPMs were a bit low after flipping it, but that's not really a weird sound to me.

Yeah I think user isn't used to turbo blow-off

So, did anyone here end up buying that Isle of Man game? If so, how was it?

Attached: download (46).jpg (1920x1080, 259.64K)

The Crew 2's closed alpha is live. I have absolutely no expectations.

Attached: 1466631899829.png (326x367, 141.88K)

Is it out?? I'll try to find it and get a review out here

It's out for PS4, the PC version is at the end of this month.

You da man.

Ahhh, OK. I kept seeing it in my JewTube sub feed and just assumed it was out for all platforms.

Attached: download (47).jpg (1920x1080, 307.76K)

Ok guess we'll wait……….. Any news on Dakar?

Same, especially after I played the first for free and was still let down.

We only got a teaser for Dakar so it's a ways out. We'll probably see something at E3 in 3 or so months.

Can't figure out what this teaser is, does anyone here know?

Attached: It's some kind of car.png (906x442, 3.42K)

Attached: 1782c6a3b48a92cc0e132ba2a6a20f256cb51dce900738809dc6c0aa3a833b9b.png (906x442, 3.69K)

The popup lights remind me of an 80's Ferrarri.

NEW OUTRUN MOTHERFUCKER.

looks like an nsx to me

i got in too, im downloading it right now, i had also gotten invited to the one from december but the email got hidden by a bunch of other ubishit spam so i only saw it a month later

That's 5000% not a ferrari. Looks more like pic related but it's hard to tell

Attached: porch slantnose.jpg (1024x768, 172.76K)

Fuck maybe it is a ferrari

Attached: car maybe.png (906x442, 5.67K)

Too bubbly for a ferrari. Rear end looks like a 370z but the front is a complete mish mash.

Tried to take less creative license with this one, using only curvature that is directly suggested, and some approximated perspective lines.

Attached: car maybe 2.png (906x442, 5.68K)

Front end, plus badge placement, almost seems like Lamborghini. Maybe it's a teaser for an original design rather than licensed car.

Very well could be. Maybe I'm a car pleb after all, but a lot of things about the implied geometry of this car don't really match up to any car I know the lines of. It is only a couple hundred pixels though so my mind is playing tricks on me while trying to figure out the curves.

I'm with you there. It's all over the place. Without the red lines and just looking at the pixel shading I get vibes from a Lambo, GTR, 370z, Porchse, Mitsubishi Evo and modern Jag. Will be interesting to see what it turns out to be.

IT'S A NEW RIDGE RACER

One thing I knows is those some fatty 5-spoke rims

Attached: fuck it idk.png (906x442, 9.69K)

user are you just a Kia designer trying to get us to do your work for you? Where did you find this anyway?

Can I hope this is a secret reveal that Lancia are under new ownership and working on a modern Stratos?

We sure can hope!

I can only think of wet noodles.

Wait. Wait wait wait. IS THAT A FUCKING FIERO!?

What if it's a Burnout type design that just mashes together the front and backs of different cars altogether?

So where is this teaser even from?

Honestly could be. The downward slant of the license plate, badge, lights, and maybe spoiler all fit the general profile.

Christ almighty a Fiero in a game. Meme magic is real.

Fiero with a bodykit. Or an MR2

Attached: car name.png (805x381, 16.46K)

This is just getting ridiculous now

Attached: 8688acb63514e59b64680a3f924c2e5dc9a0b9329c3d802e1427da46460e361b.png (805x381, 4.86K)

8th gen galant vr4?

Honestly I've no idea at this point. At this point I'm more interested in where is getting them from.

I'd put money on it being Touge 1995 dev

The user who was doing this apparently got banned for hours in the great CS 1.6 shoa so he's continuing it over here >>>/vg/26739

We have a fucking /vg/ thread?

Just got made, apparently the board came under new ownership right as a bunch of anons got banned for crazy reasons.

youtu.be/MhNIpH6LAus

New V-Rally game coming out my dudes.

Attached: overflowing.png (207x330, 69.57K)

How does this compare to the recent WRC games? Would it feature more along the lines of historical rally cars and tracks, or more along the lines of originally designed cars and tracks?

The former.

Alright, would have been kinda interesting for something more fantastical, but aside from say pirating the old rally games, a new game about historical stuff is good.

New thread.