Ancient Egyptian Vidya

Are there any decent games with an Egyptian setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

ps1fun.com/egypt-1156-bc-tomb-of-the-pharaoh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Eclipse_(1988_video_game)
mediafire.com/file/z8pba9xnxzjjv2s/Powerslave EX v.1.0.0 + patch v.1.0.1.7z
mediafire.com/file/2yxcx74ai617pdj/powerslave_ex_102_patch.7z
pastebin.com/w7AJjwp2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Recent one I replayed.

I'll even throw in a standalone emulation site.
ps1fun.com/egypt-1156-bc-tomb-of-the-pharaoh

Serious Sam TFE and 3

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Eclipse_(1988_video_game)

One of the first 3D video games using one of the first 3D Engines, Freescape. Released 4 years before Wolfenstein 3D

I forgot this just came out on PC. I’ll try and track it down, I know it’s a bit of a cult classic.

Looks okay, I’ll put it on the backlog for now for when I’m in the mood to play an adventure game.

This is actually pretty darn impressive for the time.

Incentive Software was really ahead of their time
Not only did the create one of the first 3D engines ever made, they actually gave their engine a name, something in itself that was unheard of. Then they went the extra mile to release a dev kit for their game engine. All able to run on a Commodore 64

There's an area in La-Mulana that is Egyptian themed.

It always amazes me how passionate devs were before greed and politics took everything over. It’s a shame that their studio looked to fizzle out over time and died on a phone port of Oblivion.

Same could be said for Rare and even Id Software. Shit is never meant to last

Pharaoh Rebirth+ has some nice areas.

The original Tomb Raider has some really terrific Egypt levels later in the game.
And don't you ever, ever forget Powerslave/Exhumed. The PS1 version is my favourite.

Great game, with an excellent mix of Zelda-style adventure and spliced with great puzzle sections with the mummy.

I just watched a video on the history of the Build engine. It was made by a fucking teenager who signed a deal with Epic Games back when they were good he was still a teenager, and they were using his engine to make their games for years.

While not strictly ancient egyptian in setting, Total War: Warhammer 2 just got the Tomb Kings which are egyptian skeletons not too long ago if you're into strategy games.

Powerslave you say?
mediafire.com/file/z8pba9xnxzjjv2s/Powerslave EX v.1.0.0 + patch v.1.0.1.7z
mediafire.com/file/2yxcx74ai617pdj/powerslave_ex_102_patch.7z
Best of the Satrun and PS1 versions on a PC port. Too bad it's been C&D'd because ??? but it's great.

Is Tomb Raider heavy on good puzzles and platforming?

Pharoah and/or Cleopatra.

TR has some good puzzles and platforming, although there is a fair amount of block-pushing at times. Combat is mostly automatic and focused on you using Lara's agility to keep away while she auto-aims and guns them down.
But do remember it's a first-generation 3D platformer, so it's not especially polished, and my fondness for it and nostalgia makes it probably seem better than it is today.
There's also the Anniversary remake that recreates many of the same environments and removes some of the content from the original, but it doesn't have the charm IMO.

Which Tomb Raider is that?

The webms are from Underworld, the third in the Legends trilogy, after Anniversary.

The Saturn version is more of a beta release than a full fledged one.
Play the PS1 version if you want a full game or the recent PC remake.

The Saturn version has better level design, though the game itself runs like shit. There was a good Digital Foundry retro thing on it.

Pharaoh Rebirth is a pretty cool igavania style game with unique combat and loads of secret collectibles.

It doesn't. The levels are literally unfinished.
it runs better than the PS1 release.

There's a Sierra city-builder game called Pharaoh if you feel like building pyramids yourself. It gets pretty tough later on though.

There are quite a few, yes

http:// www.mobygames.com/game-group/setting-egyptian-

The PS1 levels are smaller, have a lower ceiling, less geometrically complex, have fewer polygons, and are often completely different, like in this comparison where one section replaces an entire room below with a simple pit of lava.
Saturn runs at 30fps max, often down to 20.
PS1 is at 60, often gets down to 30.
You've got it straight backwards user, unless you're going to tell me that cinematic 30fps is better and that larger, more complex levels are problematic.

Quest for Glory III's Tarna has a pretty comfy Egyptian Theme. The rest of the game is more pan-African though, with the Simbani being literal spear chucking hooting niggers and the leopard men being sneaky shape-shifting jungle niggers that nobody trusts. (Gee, a story about two backwards tribes of niggers that hate each other going to war - and a civilized culture caught in between trying to figure out who dindu nuffin first, that sounds familiar)

I actually kind of liked the Simbani though. If nothing else, it was novelty of having an African setting in a RPG - and well and long before the era of "muh representation" when you could actually do something like that without getting burned at the stake for being a terrible racist.

Anubis and the Buried Bone :^)

No fucking shit. Which part of levels being literally unfinished you don't understand? In the saturn release levels are poorly thought out to the point of there being sections where you can get stuck and have to restart the entire level.

That section you pictured? You are supposed to jump over that pit and then press the button to disable the lasers and then jump down to get the key. The PS1 release makes it an actual navigation challenge by adding hazards.

That isn't even the height of poor design in the Saturn release. One of the later levels requires you to use bomb jumping to progress which wouldn't be that big of a deal except that you can completely bypass the entire level if you had been bomb jumping from the beginning.

PS1 release rarely hits 60 and often drops even below the Saturn's lowest framerates.

Ayo OP uknow dem whiteys wouldn't make real egypt in dey raycist games cus they ain't wanna show a land full of brothas and sistas takin they rightful place as phay-rohs

You can build big Egyptian citadels and stuff.

Best city-building game coming through. Set in Egypt.

But do you get to enslave the Jews?

Them ever being enslaved is a another lie, sadly

In Cleopatra yes, but eventually the whole "let muh (((People))) go" happens and then your waters full of Jewish period blood. Doesn't matter though eventually the menstruation stop and you're all good then.

Praise be to mighty Ra!

W-what is going on?

Egyptians are prissy little faggots, who can't grow or maintain beards, who don't salt their whores, who don't even worship Anu. There's a reason why the FUCKING GREEKS conquered you: they envied your homophilia. Faggot Egyptians, gay faggot Egypt, Egypt gay and faggoty.

How do we unfuck Brendan, bros?

The way her hips are angled, I thought she was pregnant at first glance. Then I was instantly disappointed upon closer inspection.

Why don't we see more pregnant cutie mummies?

Yeah, so what if the Egyptian captivity was a lie. Who says you can't have fun exploiting someone else's bullshit story for your own personal satisfaction?

Macedonians

What's the difference? One sucks two dicks, the other sucks two dicks and kisses Persian dancing boys. They are both a disgrace in the eyes of great Marduk: they are both children of Tiamat, who shall receive their just rewards.

Deadfall Adventures

Good point, sadly they think its real in their minds so according to them it really happened.

Egyptians shaved their beards religiously. Only poor Egyptians had beards. They wore fake beards because in Egyptian society they valued control, order and cleanliness which a fake beard appealed to all 3 and as I understand it was mostly the Nobility that wore them, most civilians would've been clean shaven or trimmed facial hair as is depicted in their art about everyday life. The longer beards were reserved for funerals, a mans beard grey 3x the size after death.

Anyway shut up, your praised Ubadians were conquered by the Summerians so they can't be that good.

Is that supposed to prove Egypt wasn't gayer than FUCKING GREECE? Here is a difference between us and you: your heroes probably sleep with men and live content, our heroes conquer and subdue thousands of women and still want more in life. Gay Egypt, keep sucking that Thoth cock you pansy-ass motherfucker. There is none gayer that you Egypt. Mesopotamian pride crescent wide!

Egypt and Mesopotamia were both conquered by Shitskins. Egyptian society condemned homosexuality, hence why Set the god of Foreigners was a homo-sexual. Thoth had a wife Seshat (you idiot) Thoth was never involved with Men at all. Horus might've been gay, but was overall considered a pansy anyway but a better successor to Osiris who was seen as an idiot. Ra however was the pride of Egypt, a tyrant in the true sense and someone to be feared, this is also probably why a lot of the times Egypt considered their Pharaohs to be idiots, but the ones that could rule as Ra did were revered (Ramases II for example, despite being a Seti, had more in common with Ra's methods of just going about kicking the shit out of everyone, whereas Set the god would pay Foreigners patronage- Ramases II was a notorious xenophobe who wanted to subjugate everyone surrounding Egypt.)

Also Gilgamesh was a degenerate, the only reason why he achieved greatness was because he woke the fuck up from his degenerate life and went on a quest. He was still very much a tyrant but this is probably why Sumeria was so strong. Also all the priests of Gala were homosexual and this was widely endorsed in Summerian society. Whereas Egyptians opposed homosexuality, and treated Priests of Isis are something closer to a Trap, their goal was to bring sexual release to the Oracles, pretty sweet job if you can mind the Cross Dressing.

Faggots projecting. I don't see the issue here.

Can we go back to talking about the video games?

Children of the Nile, 3D successor to Pharaoh, not as good though, its a bit easier than Pharaoh was. But its impressive how much is simulated in the game. Wish the lighting engine was better though, you get weird looking lighting glitches in this game. Works on Win 10 fine.

Ancient Aliens :^)

It's been done.

Fuck, user, I actually agree. I don't get it, either.

You guys are right. I think it's because it makes her much more expressive: the single eye actually conveys an emotion, where the two beady ones didn't (or not a lot).

play powerslave/exhumed on the sega saturn. don't bother with the shit PC version or the n64 version, Lobotomy was a studio that brought out some of the best the saturn had.

Powerslave EX(see the two links I posted) is the saturn version ported to PC.

Life treats you hard

playing a game meant to be controlled with a gamepad and is designed with all its limitations in mind is overly trivialized when the game is given an idealized control scheme it wasn't designed for. Play it on the saturn, it's a better game there.

What the fuck happened here? I take it someone got fired and blackballed over this.

That's what I thought at first. Disappointed when it was 2 eyes instead. Now I've got a craving for sassy mummy cyclops.

I still don't know what kind of jew magic they were using to get away with the character design in the Current Year+n
It's a ploy, I tell you.

Stop it. Cease these hurtful words at once.

I really like deserts and egypt, should I torrent We Wuz Assassins?

You stop it. Cease making me want to go to that tumblr url.
Spare me and post more

There is an actual diversity of characters with some that appeal to almost everyone.

Fuck, I forgot you can't put spoilers inside other spoilers without extra effort.

No.

I've been wondering myself, but everything except the setting and graphics is telling me to stay the fuck away.

I don't know if The Talos Principle counts, but the exploration of egyptian mythology and philosophy was nice

Blizzard bent the knee and appeased the (((SJW))) mafioso. Hence they're allowed to do things.

They tried to "fix" historical art in the game so it's less offensive. At that point the setting holds no weight, may as well just play serious sam, it's about as historically accurate but it's actually decent.

It's a shame the actual gameplay blows weewee. But yeah, I def. agree.
Mercy is best girl

I don't really care if they changed an image on a vase that I can see in the settings tbh

Pharah was the only thing that made me want to play Overwatch. Good thing I slapped myself.

>Blizzard bent the knee and appeased the (((SJW))) mafioso.

Did they though? Seems like every time I turn around someone is throwing a hissy fit about the most minor shit. Like, wasn't there a non"controversy" over Pharah having Native American skins - triggering a bunch of snowflakes who accused Blizzard of using her as a "brown culture catch all" - forcing Blizzard to retcon her lore and make her half-native american?

How do you please the perpetually unpleaseable?

What fucking baffles me is that they've clearly got the money, time, and interest, but instead of actually making the game any good they just keep adding more characters, fucking with balance, and implementing wacky seasonal event bullshit to artificially boost loot box sales

You don't, but you still compromise your artistic vision to try.

STOP TRYING TO PLEASE THEM

Reduce their options to 1) find some way to live their lives other than rampant authoritarianism, or 2) kys themselves.

Two, really, although I don't have the other one

because that's where the real money is

You have god awful taste, and there's a special place reserved for you in hell for trying to push this disgusting shit on us. You're a cancer, a boil on the ass of society and just because you like to eat shit doesn't mean you should try and share it with us.

well shit

bikini outfit?

Broken Sword… 3 I think.

For a lot of games, sure, but I really can't believe overwatch brings in much loot box money with how worthless the "loot" is

Pupil dilation = DTF. The one big eye has a 'come hither' look.

Was the new Mummy game actually any good? Looks fun.

Temple of moonlight is more a michael jackson themed area really.

It's got some good music, sprite work and the gameplay is enjoyable with the fluidity of the movement, playing a really cool looking tactical operative and the whole if you die you respawn without upgrades and have to kill a zombie version of yourself to get your shit back, but it fucks up in a few places. The boss fights are genuine trash(Three attacks at most stretched out over 4 minutes because health bars are massive). Flamethrower and Assault Rifle are the only worthwhile weapons. Relics are worthless and are only there for an achievement instead of giving you something cool for it. Those are my complaints off the top of my head.

It's probably the best metroidvania we've gotten in the last 4-5 years.

That’s good to hear, shame about the bosses though. Is the final fight against princess Ahmanet(I assume) decent at least?

woah

It's a two phase fight, the first phase was pretty fun. The second phase I don't remember at all.

Waxworks has an Egypt level.

It was made by european museums in 1999, I very much doubt there's any kangz involved.

you dont. he was even molested by som studio higher up he came out with it recently.

you monster

second image

no u

Christ, the dude truly has a hard life.

Wait, what. Can this fucking guy please get a break?

Hexen 2 had a hub-world with an Egyptian theme called Thysis. It was notorious for being filled with the most puzzles, some of which were easily solvable if you knew Egyptian mythology.

Legend of Queen Opala

I've heard that it's one of the better games in the series, and aside from them censoring statues and putting girls in the schools, that it's actually fairly historically accurate. There was like a 3 page breakdown from an actual egyptian historian who played it, I can try to find it if you want.

The stuff in that webm is meant to be Mesoamerican, not Egyptian. Not really any specific mesoamerican culture either, just a generic mash of what people think mesoamerican shit was like. The Glyphs on the right wall look speffically Maya but that's about it.

On that note we need more Mesoamerican vidya as well, has everything cool that Egyptian settings have (With the Aztecs and oother central Mesoamerican cultures even having similar architectural style, but also with some minoan/mycenaean thrown in, pic related) , except with even crazier mythologies, bigger/cooler cities, and more varied natural environments,

Pretty much every older game/platformer has at least one generic egyptian/middle east and mesoamerican level, I don't think posting games with just a single level based on it is that useful.

It's from Broken Sword 2, not 3 since it's the only puzzle I know that can be skipped with boobs. For an Aztec setting the only that comes to mind is Expeditions: Conquistador, although I think some old Indiana Jones game had it as well.

This is the part where the spic states he isn't autistic about this stuff before he writes paragraph after paragraph at the slightest mention of mesoamerica

All that effort wasted on fagshit.

Here's that 3 page writup by an Hellensitic egypt historian I mentioned in that goes into the accuracy of asscreed origins: pastebin.com/w7AJjwp2

Expeitions conquistador is great, it's a shame it's so underrated. Besides that there's also Aztez, which is basically a CURAYZEE beat em up with light strategy elements

No, what happens is I or somebody else mentions makes a normal, on topic post that mentions mesoamerican shit when its relevant (like I did here), and then an ignorant retard comes in, derails the thread by bitching about how spics are subhuman faggots, and then says a bunch of factually incorrect shit about Mesoamerica, and THEN I have to write paragraph after paragraph explaining how they are retarded in response.

So, like what you are doing, except you didn't actually make any claiims that would force me to explain how you are wrong. Also i'm not a spic

The wall cannot be built fast enough.

>Here's that 3 page writup by an Hellensitic egypt historian I mentioned in that goes into the accuracy of asscreed origins: pastebin.com/w7AJjwp2

So… Mostly correct, but the past was actually /less offensive/ than present day?

That'd even more retarded then saying that modern iranians are anything like the Sumerians, or that modern greeks are anything like the Athenians. I also love you how you conveniently ignored all the actual reasons I gave, which was that they had larger, cooler cities, more interesting and more batshit crazy mythology, and a larger variety of natural environments, including jungles, forests, temperate plains and valleys, and mountain ranges instead of just deserts. Other good reasons would be that there's more interesting actual political shit we have good records of, and it's an entire region of distinct civilizations rather then just one.

Thanks for proving

right, by the way

That doesn't really look that Egyptian outside of the bird heads/

Really jogs my noggin

Dubs confirm the spic is autistic.

Look at this fag

He's autistic for replying to obvious bait, but that doesn't make any of you not faggots for intentionally shitposting and derailing the thread exactly like he predicted.

Get back on topic and post Egyptian shit

Does this count?

Also pyramid level in Actraiser has incredibly evocative music.

His new show will unfuck everything.