Deep rock galactic

Left4minecraft ? With dwarfs ?

What is your opinion on this game Holla Forums ? Seems kinda fun.

Pros

Cons:

Twitchbait.

Is it ? The mining part seems boring enough to be not fun to watch on twitch.

That isn't how twitchbait works.

I think he's saying anything with mining is inherently going to be something streamers are gonna well,stream.
Something about the autism nature of it.

It's too boring to play yourself but alright when watching it and hearing pretend-friends shoot the shit. That's the reason openworldzombiesurvivalcraftingarrpeegeeadventure """games""" are so successful there.

its gonna be trash

I'm interested, but i'm not paying for early access.
Now if you could play it in multiplayer on a pirated copy, then maybe I'd play it.

I want to see how deep you can go.

Yeah, shills have adapted to making webm's now.

Okay OP, pick what you get spanked with.

I do this every time something interesting comes up and every time I get called a shill. It's become a routine for me to recommend something unusuall, get called a shill and then proceed to look at the catalog with a bunch of popular game of the month threads.

Looks like the kind of thing that would be fun with friends
I have no friends though, so I'm going to pass

4 player coop doesn't exactly lend itself to twitch bait though.

If you don't want to be called a shill, talk like a human being instead of a lizardman.

That's a good term for this new genre of early access games that get popular because streamers play them.

It looks kinda fun. I hope I can run it on my toaster.
You got a link so I can pirate it OP?

user don't let it bother you, they probably think that because you didnt post a mega link or something so people cant download it, but even if you had a link in your OP people would still call you a shill anyways because either they are retarded, goons, think the game you want to talk about is shit or dont want to talk about videogames at all and just shitpost.
I personally don't think you're a shill and all and just want to discuss a damn game, but it seems like we can barely do that anymore.

Where's the torrent OP? You come here without a torrent link and expect us not to call you a shill? Specially with a fucking early access game that reeks of indie shit with no lasting content.
Let me guess, they use a procedural map generator and say it's enough content?

Played during closed alpha, but not after. Deep Rock was functional and enjoyable, but the gameplay cycle is very much what-you-see-is-what-you-get. You drop in, meander through tunnels, try your best to not get lost- I tended to play Scout and lay down flare gun posts at entrances, which were later very likely to be exits- and bang on rocks. Bang on green rocks for objective fulfillment. Bang on gold rocks for functional call-ins like turrets & floodlights and extra score. Bang on red rocks for ammo & health drops. Dig out big rock candy looking gem boulders hidden in walls for a big score boost. Eat actual rock candy pillars to get health. The trailer seems to show some other rocks to hit having been added, like that purple thing; I have no idea what they do.

Occasionally you'll stumble across a modest roadblock enemy, or a horde of angry bugs will spill out of offscreen chambers, most of which are perfectly dispatchable by pickaxe, and I did so religiously to conserve ammo; those who can't tolerate that kind of rote repetition are likely to run out of ammo, start screaming, or both. Gunplay is acceptable as technical responsiveness goes, but is not very weighty at all. As the previous point on pickaxing might suggest, most enemies are chaff, with blinding & suicide bugs as wildcards and two varities of big angry armored implacable health sink bug rounding things out as actual threats; there's also stupid turret plants that tend to get shot around corners and ceiling leeches that I don't recall ever encountering.

The tunnel generation is capable of making some rather interesting seeds, and the tech they used to make random/semi-random map objects & tunnel shapes that aren't made of shithouse boxels is genuinely novel. It's all terribly passable. I enjoyed it because I like this kind of open-end checklist busywork setup; search for these things, acquire them, don't get your shit pushed in on the way, with success left to good routine, familiarity with available tools, and at least some teamwork, and not too much dickery from the hand of providence. I imagine a fair amount of Holla Forums might not. I hope this post allows anons to make an informed decision about how much attention they pay to where and when a torrent might show up to give it a spin themselves.

Looks like shit.

It looks like it could be fun. Its early access though right? Needs more enemies and stuff.

I hate this newfag trend.

If you want discussion about weird random early access scams that only an incredibly small minority of Holla Forums would even consider touching let alone paying money for, then yes you're probably going to need to spoonfeed people and give them a torrent for it.

Otherwise the thread is fucking pointless.

It's explicitly early access. Like I said, I played during closed alpha last year, where it was pretty thoroughly in early access territory; I'm not sure if it's early access in name only now or if the additional content still isn't enough to take it out of that territory. Content is thin. It's a matter of whether what is there is compelling enough on its own or not.

Might be good when it gets out of early access.
Until then, no buy.

i've played 3 hours or so now. it's neat. im not sure how repetitive it will fell later on.

The bugs look like they're from alien swarm reactive drop

Can you play online with a pirated version?

Do you have a torrent? its looks neat but I want to try it out. I have a feeling it will get a bit repetitive.

it's fairly fun so far, although it isn't a very complex game and lacks alot of interesting stuff to really make it perfect but for the digging it's pretty decent at it, however I've noticed afew things which kinda bug me about the game

Game is trash

seconding the torrent request,i'd like to try it

It looks fun, disregard contrarians who don't like to play videogames.

It is in early access though and has a 25$ price tag for that, and they only talk about raising it through the early access phase. It's a co-op focused game so pirating isn't the best option, and by the time it goes on sale for a good price it'll probably be close to death.

There's no bots if you play alone?

How could there be without them using some cheap trick like teleporting them over terrain constantly to where you are, left 4 deads AI is broken as fuck even with uniform terrain.

So can you build bases in this game in order to store all those shiny rocks or something?

But that's what a lizardman would say.

Pirate till the fucking end. Fuck you.

honestly how could someone fuck that up? there's three things when it comes to dorfs

you use them to buy upgrades or vanity items so far

Lack of torrent in OP aside, you niggers really ought to know how to find the fucking things. Lucky (you), I'm feeling generous.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5dd14a0fe2644fc1e2bfcc60c38acb9abaec02fb&dn=Deep.Rock.Galactic.rar&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.com%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969%2fannounce

I don't see how it's significantly more boring than anything else people already watch on twitch.

Every time. Would be nice if the sites I checked had a filter for them because they have no place being shown inbetween actual finished games. Ill wait this one out and see if it actually gets a release.

Do me a favor and tell me where you looked. I will give you this ancient meme.

Literally just get qbitorrent and its search engine.
While asking for torrents in OPs about new games seems sensible on the surface, I'm concerned it just makes anons complacent. Be proactive in your piracy, play more games, have more fun.

This never works for me.

Sounds like a good way to get malware in your system.

I haven't even tried qbittorrents search yet, thanks.

I've been using it for years and I have yet to get so much as a fake torrent. Not that you should trust me at my word, always be cautious.

Eh,i don't mind cheap ai to compensate for lack of human team mates,feels like a fair trade off.

eng+scout is a must have in all playthroughs i think. it makes getting minerals much easier in cancer places. especially in the game mode where you dont have mule and you have to bring everything back to a central location.

tried it out, its a shallow as a puddle, may be fun for a round or two but thats it, you done one mission you done all of them

when will this meme end.

This game looks like a fucking flavor of the week. Not even enough to last a month.

looks fun though. is it EA?

no

It's Holla Forums, anyone who actually wants to talk about vidya is a shill user. Surely you already know this?

Holla Forums isn't for you.

Even worse, 28 Canadian pesos for us. Fucking bad deal man.

That isn't what I said in the least. You will never fit in if you're always this retarded.

retard

Hes talking about whats written in the image that the user posted you fucking ignoramus.

oh no,i'm not taking this shit,i've heard they got miners in their torrents and shit.

This is a good post, and I have come to the conclusion I would not enjoy this game. Thank you, user.

Anyone got that image of a guy cracking open a bear to play TF2?

Serious question. Can someone explain what miners are, how they work and what ill effects they have? I've used IGG for a long time before all the rumors about the cryptominers came up and I haven't felt any issues.
If you'd rather link me to another site with a full verbose explanation I'll take that too.

Uses your CPU and/or GPU to mine cryptocurrency and deposits it in someone else's account. Basically your computer is working for someone else's gain, lowering the lifespan of your parts and costing you electricity.

Is there a way to diagnose it? Any rogue process for instance?

Just checked it, i think it will be struck by the early access curse:

you'd want to reread that part of me post

I guess you could tell if a weird process takes a lot of CPU power or something, but if its embedded directly into the game somehow then it will be hard to tell.

What search plugins are you using?

nah

In this current version, yep!
Uses the Steam protocol, no less.
Steam shows as playing Spacewar.

I don't see there ever being enough content for a concept like this (see: being built around procedural generation). sounds grindy and monotonous af

then you're the smartest one iTT so far

they do. i downloaded ass creed kangz and got some bitcoin miner

im retarded

it does look pretty promising, might check it out when it's finished

My friends and I have played a fair bit of it.
I think there's a real good core loop, but if obviously needs a lot more content

For what the game is actually about, the driller class is pretty useless in comparison to the rest of the classes

Vermintide 2 added easy rootkit anticheat to itself, so I'm hoping this game will fill that co-op void once it's more developed.

$30 is way too much at the moment, though.

Why are the system requirements so high with those graphics?
Can the thing run on shitty computers?

The game is promising but right now it's very early, rough, and there isn't much content. Put it on your watchlist and check back in 6 months.

t. piratefag

Can you dumb faggots stop this shit? We're gonna be worse than cuck/v/ at this rate.

No thanks.

The time for randoms has passed, my compatriot. It is the age of "bring your own friends or play alone". I'm sorry.

FUCK YOU TOO

You had me scared for a second. That just means its also available on the botnet10 store as well as on Steam. Steam page says it works on 7 and I see no indication of 10 being required.

However, the botnet version and the xbone version will have cross platform multiplayer, while the steam version appears to be isolated, which is another bonus to the steam players I guess.

I will never understand this fucking mentality, if you a vet you should have no problems playing the game at a individual level. What is wrong with having a new player that will not only help make the game harder, but you get to help someone become another veteran and maybe a friend. Why does everything have to be smooth and perfect at all times? I swear I can't stand playing L4D2 because of this, especially on versus.

Autistic children.

That said, it's only forgivable if they're playing on an appropriate difficulty for their skill. If I see a very low level player join a Hell on Earth server in Killing Floor, I'll probably vote yes on the kick.

If I see an utterly retarded new player on normal or hard, I'll try to help them and vote against kicking them based on their skill.

You see that is understandable

it's the city living attitude, you've got an infinite number of randoms to play with so you can be as picky as you like but here's the thing helping every fucker that comes your way, good person or not, is just removing from your game time.