Ion Maiden

Nukem 3D, Blood, and Shadow Warrior, in all of its hand-crafted pixelated glory.

I guess that works too. Looks better than Dusk, in any case. If you bought that other Bombshell game for some inexplicable reason, you might get free access to the EA version.

Other urls found in this thread:

openload.co/f/60U0SmaPW4Q/bombshell_patch.rar
twitter.com/HDoomguy/status/968884135459778560
twitter.com/HDoomguy/status/968967030958419968
infosuite.duke4.net/index.php?page=ae_walls_b2
hooktube.com/watch?v=Fp7FvJcoINE
mega.nz/#!khNySZxZ!zHUkKhVPGNR3qRoicZRvP1aYIEPZ6ivM70t0S_lzMWE
fabiensanglard.net/duke3d/index.php
little-witch-academia.wikia.com/wiki/Constanze_Amalie_von_Braunschbank-Albrechtsberger
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd wait until someone uploads the demo(EA version that was just released) and try it out.

I bet it was a cunt getting a engine from 20 years ago to work today,unless they've just been updating it in secret.

The version sold at the 3DRealms site is drm free so I'm hoping someone uploads it soon.

I think they're using the Eduke32 sourceport since their devs are the same ones.

This was what Bombshell was supposed to be, right?

Sourceport huh,well even so,creating and selling a game in a old ass engine like this is unheard of for the modern age,pretty neat to see.

Yeah, that's what it was supposed to be, if I recall things correctly.

Dusk was partially developed by an Antifa furfag, I'm going to check out the dev.

If they're russian, then they're cool.

zippyshare . com/pd/oNTJAYcB/35335/bombshell_patch.rar

user, your link appears to be broken.

That's what I was thinking too

Every build engine game except Blood had really shitty levels,weapons and enemies. This doesn't seem to be an improvement.

I can understand why they would want to distance themselves from that piece of shit.

Never heard of this. Not that I would be too surprised, but proof where?

3D Realms still exists? I thought Gearbox bought up whoever owned them.

All honesty, looks alright, might keep an eye on it if I don't end up forgetting about it completely.

Well it runs like hot shit. I've played much larger and more complex levels on GZDoom with much higher enemy counts and they ran way, way better than this. The areas in the demo are already split up by loading zones and they still managed to make the game run fucking terrible. Amazing.

It's time to upgrade to a Pentium, then.

Honestly, I could still play and enjoy those old shooters and if this is in the same vein as those, I could probably enjoy it. Only problem is having a fuck huge backlog of games I don't have time to finish, and I see no point in putting just one more on top of that pile. Christ I still have a ps1/ps2 library that I've never gotten through. The game looks as good as the oldschool fps games, but you'd have to actively try to fuck up something like it.

Their point is that they're using a real "old school" engine so that makes it 100% Genuine Authentic Retro™.

Posting some screens

Yeah, I noticed. Tis why I called it another one. Cause using an old engine and saying that makes you retro is like buying long expired milk super cheap and saying you're being thrifty.

post some magnets instead asshole

As in performance issues? Are you fucking serious? I can run doom on my fucking graphing calculator

He accused the Polish Sound designer of Subnautica of being Atomwaffen and expressed gratitude that he got fired for his anti-mass immigration stance.

Fuck you, have some gameplay instead.

oh, that's the kind of humor duke actually had. I'm already impressed. Dukes humour was only 1/10th over the top american badass, a large chunk of it was taking american stereotypes and gags to an extreme, like fast food being made of dog or aliens jerking off together in a booth.

No, fuck you. The enemies look boring as fuck.

I'll be impressed if anyone ever manages to find the torrents for this game using any search engine, because the name 'ion maiden' is nigh ungooglable and will only net you Iron Maiden instead. And if you google ion maiden game, you'll only get the Iron Maiden game!

I don't know, looks like the average Doom .wad. I'd pick Brutal Doom over this to be honest.

Do you use google to find torrents?

openload.co/f/60U0SmaPW4Q/bombshell_patch.rar

Everything looks good so far. I'm looking forward to this. My only complaints are the no-effort grenades (would rather they ditch the homing and player immunity to splash damage) and the enemies are kinda samey and boring. And I suppose her one-liners are kinda weak but waddaya expect?

Don't, use Yandex

Also because the game doesn't have a torrent and is only being given out as a freeware demo you absolute cocktard

>hdoomguy is one of the sprite artists or claiming to be but honestly why would he even bother twitter.com/HDoomguy/status/968884135459778560
huh

You what

Whoops, meant to include a screenshot

TOO FAR

You're shitty.

Money.

The Deus Ex shotgun sounds gave me PTSD
Also I might have skipped over some things

Blood enemies are class apart from both DN3D and Shadow Warrior. They are actually interesting and fun to fight instead of being tedious ammo dumps.
The only good weapons in Duke Nukem 3D are the freeze gun, devastator and the shrink ray. Everything else is just garbage you're forced to use because the game doesn't give you enough ammo for other weapons.

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
i'll keep an eye out for it
but the last FPS where i had some bitch yapping in my ear was Bedlamand the less said about that one the better

Preview Campaign is just fluff talk for demo. They're fucking selling a demo for 20 bucks.

I meant why bother pretending to work on a project he didn't when somebody would probably call him out pretty quickly

It's going to be shit.

When you take an old engine and put in much more complex objects and scenery, you generally get poor performance. If you play a high poly custom map in UT99, you would get much worse performance than playing comparable or even more complex maps in UT2004. I kinda expected this game to have performance issues because of the whole nature of taking an old engine and slapping on more complex scenery, but I was surprised how bad it was.

Though I guess people with high end rigs will be happy to play at 60 FPS and don't mind 100+ FPS drops caused by simply looking around because the framerate fluctuations go beyond what their current monitor can display, and neither are they concerned about the potential for having custom levels with much higher complexity.

I don't really like her to be honest. Her lines are super boring.

I'm genuinely disgusted by the sound quality being so sharp and not true to the era. Build engine and HQ assets just don't mix.

okay this is just a paid mod in (((early access))) but im interested, any magnets up?i don't really mind the stronk womyn protagonist, she has a hot voice, until she delivers some pozzed sjw line i like her

She doesn't even dress like a heroine from that era. Where the fuck is the cheesecake? Oh, wait, this is a female character made by Western cucks in the current year +3.

What compels western artists to draw female faces to look like men

A low T count means they can't get an erection, and they are likely so pumped with soy they get a panic attack by merely being attracted to a female.

We sure as fuck won't see them go the extra length like Japanese devs do and put inordinate focus and thought into panties.

unfamiliarity

if this is your gameplay why aren't you posting the game folder?

She is literally Caleb: Boobs Edition with less charm.

Am I supposed to be impressed?

All I see is flat.

It's not like they'd have to change much, either. A cleavage window or bare midriff would have been all they needed to do. For a character who goes by "bombshell", she looks barely like one.

I was thinking of her one-liners, but now that you mention it.

Yeah, she should dress like this.

Hope the level design, music and story plot aren't shit and that you can mute her stupid ass voice. Looks awfully generic and there are doom mods out there that are way better than this, for free to boot. How much is this sad attempt at a trowback is selling? If it's anything higher than 5bux it may be better to pirate it instead.

Hello
is it me you're looking for?

The last one did gave me a chuckle for a sec, though.

I would rather have them do generic humor than political stuff.

user.

That's always a plus, yes.

like you'll be able to tell the difference with all that fat :^)

Let me put some romantic music on first.

Does it have an Iron Maiden like soundtrack?

Do we know it's just generic humor?

All I want is a FPS featuring Tanya from Red Alert 2

twitter.com/HDoomguy/status/968967030958419968

I'm starting to warm up to this game.

More like DnB and 303s

hey what is this bullshit, i thought old games had reflections

You joke, but I really do want to see good Womancubus and Lucy lewds.

You know, i would bought this if this was for ps4. Now i am thinking how ps4 could use some classic shootans that aren't overwatch clones.

I am calling bullshit, for how many bernouts have actually gone homicidal it seems all too convenient for there to suddenly be a super violent neo-nazi group, unless they made up the group and are trying to convince people the bernouts are from it.

arts nice tbqh

jesus christ, I looked better than that at almost 200 lbs. and I'm a manlet

Incidentally

Men store fat in different places than women user.

I was just watching a video on jewtube about this game and all was fine and dandy until i heard one single quote and at that moment I instantly closed the video. The character you play as is a snarky female that feel like she is trying to be Duke but is PG-13 and also female. The quote was "Clean up on aisle… your ass." Cancer.

Are you sure it wasn't a TF2 gmod video about the Scout?

Is there a room behind that mirror? If I remember correctly, Build engine games fake reflections by literally having a copy of the player behind a transparent wall, in a mirrored copy of the room on the other side. If there's an explorable space on the other side of that mirror, they couldn't do a reflection like that.

That's the thing. It's Duke with a vagina, but only works as a Dude, the parody/glorification of machismo. What exactly is the point of a female character pumped full of metaphorical testosterone? Is this the first proper dyke simulator in gaming history?

How triggered were you by this one line of dialogue. Rate it.

No it was that nigger gggmanlive or what ever his profile is.

I was offended because it was smarter than me.

well it's your fault for watching shit jewtubers then,good to know that i can ignore your opinion past this point for the rest of the thread

i think, why bother when we have AMC TC?

Except my problem has nothing to do with jewtube guy itself. Get a load of this opinionated nigger.

Guess what's not getting my money?

I'm sure this'll be a great game

The only cuckchanner here is you.

Sounds like you belong on a site starting with r.

yeah im sure level designer burried loss in a level as a grand marketing strategy to corner the shitposter gamepirate market

So that means no realtime physics at all, no ragdolls, and little-to-no environmental interactions, right?

It seems like somebody is very upset that they aren't selling me anything right now.

I told you he was onto us

I was kind of wondering when people would go back and make another game with this kind of graphics engine.

Kind of disappointed they're using the old engine and didn't make a new one, because it runs like hot garbage. Was getting sub 40 FPS on the final boss and i have a GTX 1070.

I might buy it for this reason alone, tracker music is a dying art.

this is like the tenth game to try this ad campaign

Ahh, that's the shit man.

her armor looks right out of mass effect which is what i find most lame about it

Shiggy diggy ding dong.

What is "cheesecake"? I'm guessing it means something along the lines of fanservice.

Pretty much.

check it out and get out

The cake was a lie XD, us gamers amirite?

Not sure if Antifa or Dick Kickem reference.

Wut? You could theoretically make one, but there's no damn reason to.

It's actually just a shotgun.

Is this the FO2 syndrome?

wow fuck this game then, I was going to say "so this is the bomb shell game they wanted to make?" but nah nothing seems interesting about it other then really decent sprites and textures wasted on a bland looking game

40mm buckshot and 40mm shells that fire a small box of 22lr are both things. That I have no problem with (I'm actually surprised no video game has included them actually).

Really the bigger problem is all the pic rail on everything. While it predated Duke by 2 years, having it on everything is something that only popped up in the 2000s and totally kills the 90s look.

i recognize that test chamber

fucking hell meant for

LOL

By virtue of this being published by 3D realms and being a spiritual successor to Duke Nukem 3D in the Build Engine, starring a cop(sorta), I'd say it being a reference to it's origins is less of a logical leap than hurr Antifa(although the possibility is there.)

BFBC2 had 40mm hornets' nest rounds.

I was thinking it's a Duke reference because there are literal pig cops in 3D.

Cops are the only ones stopping us from killing commies, you faggot.

>>>/cuckchan/

yeah but how the fuck does she look more fat when she has more height? appearance is absolutely affected by height:weight ratio and if you are shorter that fat has a lot less room to distribute and you will look fatter even if you weight less, at 5'10" nobody should look that fat at 170 lbs.

that is really clever, I wonder why rendering reflections is so costly to performance

Are there any action packed games where you play an obvious bulldyke?

Okay no, the fucking portal reference just lost any interest I had for this. I liked portal, but give it a fucking rest.

Only thing that looks praiseworthy is level design and its still not that amazing. Consider me cooled right the fuck back down to this shit.

3D Realms let go of a bunch of employees but they still existed, and then sold the rights to Duke Nukem to Gearbox. They licensed out their other IPs to other studios to make new Rise of the Triad and Shadow Warrior games, and also some Danish investor bought the company and made himself CEO.

are all the enemies hitscan? popping in and out constantly gets real dull real quick

Already let down. The enemies look kind of bland but since it's early game footage I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. I like the tri barrel revolver though.

It's a video game character user. Carmack might be autistic, but he's not that autistic.

When your computer displays objects it's making draw calls. The more draw calls, the more work your graphics card has to do. Adding a mirror that's doing live reflections is basically multiplying the number of draw calls you're game has to do by some number between 1 and 2.
There are also raytracing engines that get around this, but work differently from previous engines and aren't as fast. And before anyone says anything Wolfenstein 3D was a raycasting engine, not a raytracing engine. There's a difference.
t. /agdg/

Doom has the benefit of retooled engines made by autismos that release nightly builds. Being able to render more complex shit isn't just about hardware, it's also about the software being optimized for it; modern games are still massively optimized compared to some older games when you take into account how much more shit they render. Looks like they didn't update the Build engine with modern rendering techniques at all if they're having these issues. Truly meme design.

Are you a man, or are you a coward?

I bet you like shaved pussy too you homo.

Don't know why it bothers me so much.

Your taste hasn't become neanderthalic enough. Until you muster the strength to ignore, or even be turned on by bushy, border-unibrows, or even full on unibrows, you will never become a true hunter: you will always live as a berry picker.

Looks like you're the berry picker, user.

What's there to change and why?

slowpoke.jpg

fine lowerhair grooming master race

I hope that picture isn't going to get me arrested

only a little arrested

Yes, it's a build engine game.

Yes, it's a build engine game.

Main problem is the bland music and main character. Other than that it seems like fun.

None of the enemies in the game are hitscan. They fire some very fast projectiles, but their tracking is shit and you can circlestrafe around them with no real problem.

I kinda figured that from the footage I saw of the boss fight, I was just mocking people for wanting an old-school FPS and then being annoyed that it has the literal exact same design decisions as an old-school FPS.

Oh, good, they've got the Steam Workshop. Can't wait to get to pay for all my favorite mods for yet another one of these false nostalgia cashgrabs forgotten in the first week after their release.

The Build engine doesn't even map space like that - sectors can be connected to each other arbitrarily (i.e. all the rooms in a level are essentially connected to each other by portals), without regard for having to fit into any kind of consistent 3D space. Duke Nukem 3D, the first game to be released using the Build Engine, made use of this to add non-Euclidean spaces to some of its levels.

WEW

The hair only makes it better

ebin meme gonna buy this game day 1 so I can show all my friends what a lie the cake is xDDDDD

Is there a real reason why it runs like arse? I am getting around 20 frames per second and I wish I was kidding.

got hands on demo, played it, was ok, levels felt reasonable, secrets like those in the rafters was actually a nice surprise (I wasn't expecting any dev to think their consumers had brain cells to search somewhere outside of immediate path). the optimization is utter shit and has no excuse. hoped into their disagreement and asked question pic related. response confirms they just built on top of Eduke32, never answered question if they are going to allow modding (or update the build editor if they do). I assume that they might have danced around that question due to NDA or something.

*hopped into their disagreement
god damn I need to get to sleep

Holy shit, dropped harder than a nigger drops his son. I'll stick to doom wads
Is it so hard to make a bunch of levels of exclusively going fast and killing bad guys

Nice

Try not using d iscord next time

That's one of the things I never understood about Build, but bear in mind I've never made a map for it. How does it work, say with the opening level of Duke Nukem 3D?
From what I understand, there is no real Z axis in Build, similar to Doom, with no rooms existing on top of other rooms. Yet there is a bridge and walkway in the first level that leads to the exit button that you can walk under.
And you say none of the rooms are connected physically, but rather using portals, but when you move through the space and open doors you can see and shoot through doors as if they are physically one space.
Is there a good break-down that goes in to how the engine works and explains it all?

isn't this kind of what Duke is known for (sort of)? jokes about things in pop culture. They Live, Aliens, James Bond, etc. problem is either that current year culture doesn't have enough reasonable shit worth parodying or the devs have tastes in media that really doesn't mesh with the product they're placing the parody in.

I've never felt Duke was about going fast? It felt more like a game that focuses on exploration and exploding shit to make more shit to explore.

To be honest that character makes my dick solid.
Not enough thicc trucker ladies in my vidya

Holy fuck why did the thread get so active all of the sudden?

have a private chat with friends, but other group of friends are lazy as fuck and won't setup their own chat and just default to disagreement. since I already have it and every fucking gaming (((product))) has a disagreement it was a quick way to try and get something straight from the horses mouth.

oh fuck only now do I realize that I'm not so fucked up right now that im typing out disagreement instead of D I S C O R D. fucking hell that fucked with my head for a moment.

Mark's shitty word filter at work.

I dont particularly like dukem either but I'd still play it over this, also blood and shadow warrior were fine

A man of culture, I see.

Consider the current era C&C games, and think about whether you want to use that monkey paw. C&C Renegade is the best we're getting.

If it's based on Build it might have the option to disable voices, because for whatever reason DN3D had toggles for that and ambient sounds of all things.

Duke Nukem 3D actually does raytracing for its mirrors, but they do have a large space behind them for some reason, and in the official levels it's generally huge, probably to account for an early limitation when they were developing it.

infosuite.duke4.net/index.php?page=ae_walls_b2

Your opinion sucks.

I bet you don't like red heads either cuck.

He's not the cuck

fucking epic!
nothing wrong with this

hi mr cuck cuck

cuckoldddddddddddddddddddd cuckold you are a fucking cuckold!!!!!!!!!!!! 👌

I am sorry for not enjoying decade old pop culture references and memespouting protagonists who the developers themselves can't stand behind and have to pass off as "parody" and "satire"
This game is perfect for people like you, stuffed with all your hot decade old memes and references and none of the quality.

and dropped for real this time,this shit is shaping up to be exactly like Bedlam

DENIED
go fish for views elsewhere faggot
hooktube.com/watch?v=Fp7FvJcoINE

jej, do you think I own that youtube channel?

I take issue with your claim in regards to Duke Nukem 3D.
They are masterpieces in terms of design (somewhat linear with lots of approaches opening up as you progress) and semi-realism, plus there's the couple of downright odd ones that show the black magic of the Build Engine (Tier Drops, Lunatic Fringe) which were just cool.
Most of them are meaty-sounding and serve a purpose. Nobody is permitted to hate the shrink ray.
Also a good variety in terms of mechanics and appearance, with memorable touches like the regular grunts feigning death and the literal pigs.

As for your new claim, Duke was comparatively tasteful in its references except for episode 4, and it works fine with the MC's cheesy over-the-top nature. Most of the voices are for administering gib deaths.

In a nutshell, your opinion sucks.

Good bait

Fucking dropped.

Nice AND legal

Why can't people just make a fun ANYTHING without having to resort to nostalgia baiting? I sure as hell didn't play Doom because it reminded me of Space Invaders.

Good counterargument.

Their mistake is that they often only try to reproduce the façade of a good old game instead of focusing on the core mechanics that people really love them for. If they actually try. I'm sure when people wanted a Mega Man successor they didn't want "jump jump slide slide" levels of voice acting and MMX5 levels of story tedium.

do you think i care whether you own it or simply are one the shiteating fanboys of his roofucker army coming here to preach dingofucker joe's retardation and spread the cancer?
though the fact that you IP-hopped and still felt the need to respond brings this closer from an improbability to an actual possibility

TBH I find the actual hair on her head to be very disturbing. Not even the tattoo bothers me as much.
Sage for offtopic.

Well, IP hopping was a result of me turning off my VPN so I could play Battlefield 1 with low ping, but no, I found the channel after someone posted his HDTF review in that thread. I subscribed and subsequently saw the on-topic review of Ion. While it's obvious that he doesn't hold the same cynicism towards the game as I do, I still found the video informative and thus posted it in the thread. Go select my ID and look through the thread, I think this "retro" nostalgia exploitation shit is gross, Which is not the opinion held by Gggmanlives.

I can't imagine how deluded you must be to think that an influx of 100-200 (optimistically) views on an embedded video, specifically on a site where ad-block is near universal would benefit the uploader.

Something like this, perhaps?

what in the I say what in the fuck

I think you'd find that this is regional, In places like New York, driving is almost out of the question. The likely difference between your country and mine is that my glorious nation has more land than yours, resulting in a culture of driving by default.

dusk is made by a sjw freak, not going near it.
subnautica also sjw freaks, no sale.
Any software developers censoring for sjw reasons becomes a no sale.

It's just Chilean shitposting.

why is the guy from Strife in the first image

If you claim to know this you must be an American, meaning your posting of le 56% meme is just your self hatred leaking, leave it on >>>Holla Forums

looks like a duke3d addon with boring level design.
didn't they spend 12 years working with other engines, why did they do this.
nice sound effects though

Well, at least they didn't killed it, but the original design for the protagonist wasn't that great anyways. It is funny, since when people forget how to make edgy/dumb/funny stuff? I do think it would be possible to make a protagonist like her more bearable at least. And she is not the ugliest one in the market too, even if the competition is not that tough in the west. In a way, I think the President would be a better character, design wise.

The president looks like a crack whore.

Are you OK lad?

Shit thats pretty cool.

he always shills when he gets a preview build, so it's not worth watching until a full review

here's the gog release of that demo

Thanks, user, going to give it a try.

I wasn't aware of his tendency to shill as I've only watched a few videos. Thanks for the upload.

Always hooktube breh.

WILL THIS LEAD TO A PROPER BLOOD SOURCE PORT?

No. shame on you.

Christ second area and I've dropped to 40-50fps on a 970m and 6700HQ

But she have only one eye, and, implicitly, it seems like they will have some hot wet sex, Katawa Shoujo style, after the adventure.

Smg doesn't hit center screen for some reason strangely. Also there's aim assist.
Don't mind my bandicam logo

I would make it law, or a constitutional amendment, that no Westerner should be allowed to design female characters under pain of death.

Eeh, seems okay, the sprite work is pretty though.
I don't know why suddenly Holla Forums became so picky, this game is nothing to write home about yet but to have people tune off because of some of the character lines… well, let's just say when these very same anons claims what truly matters in a game is the gameplay and not things like graphics and story, well, they start to seem like hypocrites.
Either way, I'm not defending this game, but how it's being judged by the tiniest of things, there are some good arguments some anons are making in this thread, how the game runs and the poor enemy variety. But man, since when are we sensitive nillies that get triggered by a couple of bad lines and a couple "epic" game references.
Can we finally grow a pair of balls and just wait until the game is finished and the torrent comes out, THEN you might have some actual criticisms instead of nitpicks (Not to undermine the legit criticism in this thread, I have one of my own, and that is how it runs, and the goddamn movement, how the camera moves with your movement, "muh realism" style.)

most of these games had aim assist, like doom with a few exceptions being marathon wich had none, maybe it was on purpose to stay "true" to the original 3d games like dick kickem, also the game's melee weapon is fucking cool and all that but it needs a mighty foot

You can turn off aim assist in mouse settings and it's barely noticeable. Plus it's always been in the older games. Second area is way too wide for its own good, can't tell where the shots are coming from.

Faggot.

We're "picky" because it just looks like another lazy, soulless hackjob of an FPS riding on the current interest in the "retro" FPS experience. There's nothing to set it apart from better games made nearly 20 years ago. Dusk is no Quake, and this turd is no Duke Nukem 3D.

On top of that it features an ugly, abrasive female protagonist trying really hard to pretend she's Duke Nukem and we all know there will be pozz in the game.

Seems like garbage, not worth the time to playthrough.

Let's wait and see if Bloodwebm user has anything good to say about it first.

Total nitpick, but someone needs to explain to the devs how a revolver works. Assuming this isn't some kind of advanced satire

Oh shit wait, I'm a total fucking retard, it has three barrels

I guess we'll see when it comes out, won't we?
Also I got no problems with the female protagonist, she doesn't look like any rug munching dyke game character I've seen, nor is a nigger or anything relatively "woke", if anything she's generic FPS point and shooty girl with one liners.
But I guess since she doesn't make you go "muh dick" then it's not worth it, is it?

Frankly, how is that horrible? Great it isn't, but I can see is as overly bad. I would probably made the President closer to her first design, body wise. But the rest is ok. Hell, they even made her hair just braided in place, and not an undercut as they usually do.
And believe me, that Bombshell was way, way worse before.

Wouldn't the hammer need to be larger to strike all three rounds?

I suppose it would, but it could be argued those are rimfire rounds given their appearance. Cool weapon regardless, it seems to actually fire three very close projectiles

Just because it used to be worse doesn't mean its good now.

Ejection port on the left side so you can get sweet hot brass on your eyeball.

Thinking the character is unlikable is legitimate criticism you tremendous faggot.

Fuck sake I didn't even notice.

We already have a fair chunk of the game to see what the game is, and I'm having difficulty figuring out why anyone should bother to play it.

Guns are generic as they come, both in function and aesthetics, the music is generic, and the level design is not particularly creative. I can get a better experience playing Duke Nukem 3D mods.

She looks exactly like a rug munching dyke.

She looks like shit. Go shill someplace else.

One really has to wonder.

That's fair, I'm only really impressed by the sprite work and some of the music and that's it.

Nobody said it's not, but one fucking cringy line and you're out? Please.

jeez don't you know that you can have 50 round chambers in yor triple barreled-revolver and you Spas 12 has a double shot configuration on the pump?

user, she sounds like a fucking chimney, they must have hired some cheap hooker of the street that is drowning in tobacco tar. On top of that her brand of "funny" doesn't really fucking work because it's a woman voicing it, it just sounds incredibly forced. It's the same reason female comedians are never funny, or why women are only comical by accident.

what now?

Oh woah.

Hell, Ken Silverman doesn't even charge for the usage of the engine, and he doesn't attach the cancer that is the GPL.

I really don't like her much as a character, but to me that matters least when playing a game, it's a legit criticism don't get me wrong, but I think there are more important things.

Hot.

Gun jesus hell ye

I've grown accustom to this playing stalker, and it doesn't bother me anymore

Good thing no-one is arguing that it's the most important thing.

She's not funny. Here's women actually being hilarious by failing.

I understand what you're getting at, but they're selling the game as the next Duke Nukem/Blood/Shadow Warrior and it just doesn't fucking work. She's not Duke, she's not Caleb and she's not Lo Wang. She just sounds like an incredibly annoying tryhard cunt that got the job because of gender quotas.

It's not. Humor is the epitome of subjectivity. The fact of the matter is, like the rest of Holla Forums I can't trust you to be unbiased when it comes to women, because the vast majority of you are faggots who hate women, unless it's a 12 year old cartoon. I can't even figure out if I should mean a cartoon from 12 years ago, or a character who is 12, because you fuckers blur the line on that too.

That's pretty funny, but the music that plays during the men's race overdoes it a bit.

I have no idea why I wrote "no-one" with a dash.

I also don't get why the ejection port is way in the rear when the magazine is in the middle. Asking for trouble.

This. They missed the opportunity to make her her own character and potentially worthy of joining the ranks of the other three.

fabiensanglard.net/duke3d/index.php Has a decent simplification of how Build works.

The Bridge in e1m1 is made up of sprites, you can actually blow it up using a pipe bomb.

What series is this from? Looks fun

fuck off dyke
everyone knows women aren't funny, it's a fact.
tits or get the fuck out

Is this box skewing due to a high fov or is there something going on with the engine being widescreen? I legitimately don't know.

this is your brain on post modernism

Oh my that is nausiating

Nuke3d's First level bridge is, i think, a floating 'entity', like an enemy that isn't labeled as one and can't be hurt, but has a physical body that blocks projectiles and novement as well, creating the illusion of a 3D bridge. ZDoom has a similar technique to make psudo-3D bridges from actors as well, though it does also support room-over-room thanks to very old but nonetheless impressive openGL developments and sector hacks.
Don't know how the heck they made the graphics for the bridge's top and bottom ends though, build engine wizardry.

As for rooms not being actually connected but still visible, it's an illusion, you can trick the engine into looking at what's being linked with another room and put a dummy "camera", from where the player's position is supposed to be, and then render that where the "door" or "hallway" is located and transmit that illusion to the player or the wall he's facing. Though i'm not sure if Duke3d actually uses that technique, since there are several ways to go about with that. It's probably that the 'texture' behind the teleporter actually mimics Mirror behaviour and renders the area of the map it's supposed to represent or maybe it's something else entirely.

It might be the fact that you're looking downward. Duke Nukem used to stretch and rotate sprites when looking up and down, and it looked silly. Because they were sprites sometimes enemies would just completely "disappear" because you were seeing them from the side and the engine didn't know how to treat their sprite when seeing them from that angle. In actuality, they were 1 pixel wide and you were just seeing the 1 pixel.

first time playing anything on the build engine?

For what purpose, I don't want to play another fucking Duke Nukem. I want to play a game that improves over the originals instead of going backwards. I have no problem with playing a game with simplistic graphics if it allows you to put in more content or even as a stylistic choice but there is no reason to use such a limiting engine today, when you can make a game with more complex mechanics using something else. Just copy the principles of the old games and improve on them instead of copying their technological limitations.

That makes some sense

I played duke many, many, years ago, nothing recently.

For the purposes of being "legitimately oldschool." It's this stupid bullshit that's been going on for what, 10 years now? Remember that Capcom blatantly advertised Mega Man 9 or 10 or whatever as "8-bit." If your game is memebit then it has more legitimacy!

music sounds like Turbo Kid.

Why would you choose to make an FPS with an engine predating the Quake/Unreal engine? Wouldn't it make more sense to take Doom/Blood/Shadow Warrior design principles and transpose them onto 3D maps?

Unreal and Half-Life are superior in that they created levels that knitted together organically but if you are going to make something like Doom or Shadow Warrior why put it together using a downright archaic engine that forces you to go through hoops just to get the level geometry you want?

eduke32 is great and you're a pleb.

Why would you ask a question that's been asked 12 times already?

Also you can't license GoldSrc or Unreal Engine 1 anymore, either you license Source, Unity, or Unreal Engine 4.

Reverse image search next time lazy nig
little-witch-academia.wikia.com/wiki/Constanze_Amalie_von_Braunschbank-Albrechtsberger

It was partially like that.
When making a mirror, you had to make a similarly sized, empty space, but with a higher ceiling and lower floor, within which all that is in the room the mirror and you are in, is rendered as a mirrored duplicate.
You didn't have to model every detail within it.
No idea why they don't have real mirrors in this game, shadow warrior etc had them.

Fucking women.

ATTENTION
For those new to the thread, the gog preview build was posted by

Early engine limitation, they kind of rushed D3D to beat Quake

Funny, because Apogee->3d realms more or less invented Shareware, which was releasing the first episode of 3-4 parts for free, or at the cost of the floppies/cd.
Now they are charging beyond full price for a piece of shit add-on that is 22 years out of date.
It should be the full game at £10, at absolute maximum.

Quake didn't have any reflections.
I mean why doesn't "Ion Storm", 22 years after, have any mirrors that were already in the engine.

I refuse to play anything so deliberately stunted in the year of 2018 because 'le cool old skool stuff XD'

Why would you make anything in GoldSrc or Unreal 1 either unless it's a mod? There are no qualities of either that can't be replicated or done better with modern engines. The only reason is nostalgiabait.

But in the end I personally believe that we have nothing to complain about. Hell, the current trend of trying to ape oldschool shooters is a good one. If it grows more popular, then more people might actually get curious and check the old games out to see how they really were and actually get hooked into them. The more popularity old games gather, the better because they might become profitable again. I'm fucking certain, that nu-DOOM actually got a large amount of people into the old games, especially if we take into account popularity of mod-centered channels on youtube ICARUS is a pretty cool guy, fuck you. It might seem like an awful thing that those games are becoming more popular, but that might actually revive the FPS genre. I'm hopeful.

I don't mean they tried to beat Quake implementing the feature, I mean Duke Nukem 3D was rushed to beat out Quake to release because it was still a 2.5D engine while Quake was a polygonal 3D engine.

We're supposed to hate him?

Quake had slipgates though, I don't know why you are so focussed on mirrors. Mirrors aren't even real.

It looks and works too much like a new game to really attract anyone to the old school shooters.

1, fuck off Jaden Smith, 2 I'm not focused on mirrors? I was explaining why Duke3D didn't have true mirrors… Don't be a retard.

yes,that's what's the general idea around it

Speak for yourself monglet

You type like you're underage, can't even read other people's actual post to know what they're actually asking and your shit's all retarded. Fuck off spook.

You act like an actual redditor. Nuff said.

Both of you are acting up. Stop it.

OK, now I know we are dealing with retardation.

Well, it is still useful and easier to access older engines because how much stuff you have online to use. But we also have older engines that are not that old. I really enjoy what those Chileans from ACE did in Zeno Clash using Source.

Yeah whatever, wasn't even the other dude he was talking to but since color IDs put us both at blue none will ever pay attention to the actual code in it.

Just played through it. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. There was a lot less interactivity than I expected from a build engine game. The secrets are nice. The protag was way more annoying than endearing. The weapons, while competent, were nothing special. Also, I'd be hard-pressed to call it a "campaign", as short as it is. It's neat that they included an unlockable bonus mode, but it's merely okay. I think "okay" sums up the entire demo pretty well.

No one was asking why D3D didn't have true mirrors, nimrod.

Should have had that "Anything you can do, I can do better" playing over the girl's race. Jesus that was hard to watch, like they're afraid to give it a little throttle because they might fall down go boom, but end up wiping out constantly because they're going too slow.

Are there truly no good action hero characters voiced by women?

There are, but there are none voiced by English speaking women.

The real reason is far more retarded.

He's a pleb at playing games but he seems pretty chill on the whole and I've been convinced to try out certain Doom mods thanks to him so I've no real antipathies towards him.

They still need to fix some performance issues. Sometimes the picture just freezes for half a second, even though the in-game action keeps running (so I get my ass kicked). And my machine is far beyond the recommended specs.

Makes sense. Seeing it's still a work in progress.

I beat the demo. Good music and sound effects. The frame rate did slow down a bit at times, not sure why. Graphics were good. I enjoyed the posters. Level design was good. Hopefully there is more enemy and weapon variety in the later levels.

Man, I guess the real nimrod is known.

Game's a ton of fun, also I think the business model is a good one. especially in this day and age of getting fucked over. I just hope there are expansion passes and that we can replace the soundtrack with Iron Maiden tunes.

I don't think I've seen any game do actual expansions in this day and age, other than MMOs and those have been going downhill a bit. As to replacing the soundtrack, so long as there's no Denuvo or whatever the fuck it should be a simple thing to do, remember that Doom map making was completely end-user up until Quake when they finally provided the tools to make mods. People were already figuring shit out way back when.

So as long as there's no anti-tamper bullshit in place, you should be able to add Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Slayer and Metallica to the game.

I hope they got the moonman guy as well for shits and giggles

You disgust me

Because you don't like their newer stuff you won't listen to the stuff that made them famous? That's ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous if the newer stuff is ABSOLUTE SHIT

It's like playing Halo after Halo 3

wut…

Anyway I opened up the maiden.grp file, all you have to do is encode whatever music you want into .xm file format and you can replace the existing music with whatever you want.

Ah, guess I should find someone to make a loop of 2 minutes to midnight. Thank you user.

Ah I haven't done Duke modding in forever, so you also have to edit the maiden.grpinfo file to make sure that the size element matches the size of your maiden.grp (either that or just make sure your xm files are the exact same size, which is not realistic at all)

None of those posts are asking why D3D didn't have real mirrors, though.

It's a total goatfuck, god damn!

I know of one reason-son-son-son-son-son-son to use Goldsrc over Source.

D3D didn't have real mirrors? That's bullshit, Don't you know about the mirror world?

But that doesn't happen often, user, only during loading the game.

lol

Which is the best Iron Maiden album and why is it Powerslave?
Their debut album is also a good choice

My favorite Live album has to be Beast Over Hammersmith. Is any of their recent stuff good?

So, is he allowed to make lewd mods for this?

I keep forgetting how brown classic Laura was. How did nobody notice this back in the late 90s?

Aside from the uninspired enemy and level designs, and the fact that the shotgun is clearly a grenade launcher and pissing off my autism something goddamn fierce, it looks playable and tolerable. It looks decidedly milquetoast.

I'm building up a nice, little collection of this pizza on objects. It's small, but it's getting there.

Read that as Dust for a second. Which would have made even MORE sense.

It's based on a real gun.

It was ok. Subway was much better than the offices and streets, too many decals and it all becomes a pixelized mess. Didn't have many hiccups on the technical level, but I did play it in 1024x768. Disabling anisotropy made it a bit less janky to aim. Will keep my eye on this, hope they add a lo-fi audio option.

For what it's worth, there's a developer of the game in the thread on Fourchan.

You need to go back

And you forgot your sage.