Deus Ex HR

Is this one of them ludonarrative-dissonance moments? Also why does no one care that I'm dragging refrigerators and dumpsters into the middle of the street to build a tower to high-jump onto people's balconies?

Other urls found in this thread:

vidlii.com/watch?v=KXIJLBZ4Kt3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because they are either niggers or afraid to get arrested by jews

But that is what they do most of the time, interrogating people that know you, spying you, and breaking into your place or your car to see if they can find evidence for whatever they are following you

Yeah, it feels more like the world is designed for the player than a world constructed for plot. It's a little lame.

Because it would add nothing to the game if they would, it's either totally inconsequential and just annoying or so heavy handed that it cripples exploration.
Also: Jensen is a walking tank and NPCs do acknowledge that

Those examples are fine. The game-breaking LND is when you can murder an entire police department, and its business as usual for Adam with no consequences.

Are you saying that former policemen have to be law-abiding citizens?

Adam did nothing wrong

I haven't thought about this before, but officers of the law make great criminals. They know every nook and cranny of the police and how to avoid it. Not that what Adam is doing requires a career in law. It's kinda funny how a former head of security would resort to petty theft.

Manderley telling JC to stay out ladies restroom adds "nothing" too. Impressions matter.

Pee pee
Poo poo
Nouveau Deux Sex is a bad game

That was Mike's whole thing. He used to be a cop so he was an expert on knowing how to deal with them.

user if I see a guy literally moving around tons without much effort you better believe I am leaving him alone.

Stop being so blatantly obvious and the cops will leave you alone Paco.

Of fucking course they did the same thing with the cover art that Ninja Theory did with Devil may Cry: Devil may Cry.

Way to get your sequels and prequels mixed up OP.

Should I get the gaemu + all the DLCs for 10 dollary doos? I liked the first game well enough although it felt like various features were missing it seemed like.

I heard that the game shoehorns microtransactions into the single player. Is it ignorable or is pretty (((JEWED)))?

Why the fuck would you want to waste your time and money on an unfinished game that ends on a cliffhanger?

How is that a cliffhanger?

didn't the first game end on a cliff hanger as well?

don't tell me you bought that shit too

I just finished my first run of Deus Ex and holy shit was it good. Such a shame I didn't play it earlier. Are there any other games worth playing in this franchise or should I just replay DX?

HR and MD are fun as long as you completely ignore the plot.

you could replay it with shifter mod
then there is also The nameless mod which is impressive in its scope but a time capsule of early to mid 2000s internet.

Don't listen to this faggot. None of the "new" games are worth playing.

They are fun, bite me.

If you want to be disappointed, then play all the other games. If you don't, just replay DX like I do. I've already played it 24 times since 2001.

Everything about it was good except for the fact that the game seems to fall apart after Hong Kong and the endings were shitty 30 second long cutscenes.

Horse shit. One of the best moments of DX1 is when Icarus comments on you breaking in and stealing shit, basically saying you might as well join them if you're the type to just take what you want.

TBH the entire pacing feels wrong, like you're just getting into the real plot when it ends. Like if HR ended when you got back from the FEMA facility.

Although I've played it numerous times, I don't remember this at all. Does it happen if you break into some apartment in Paris?

HR sucks but I can guaran-fucking-tee if the opposite was true, that the world was 'constructed for plot' and not gameplay you faggots would be up in arms about

shit thread

Actually, I've liked Invisible War. It is more linear and "causalized" but the augmentations - you know, the whole point of DX - are handled much better IMO. You won't waste bioenergy on light since it is free. In DX, it seemed to me like I could only really get to enjoy augmentations in the endgame. In IW it's an integral part of gameplay since the beginning pretty much.

Have you even played Deus Ex you retarded faggot?

That much is true and the ragdoll physics make it a lot more fun. It's just the consolitis that really kills most of the enjoynment out of IW, the small areas and loading zones everywhere, the retarded UI, uinversal ammo etc. I think they did a decent enough job on combining the three endings from the original, a nice feat. Honestly I can't even remember how they did that in MD.

Yes. But it's more a warning about getting law enforcement on your ass because he needs you for a larger goal.

Try not looking like a bitch and cops will fuck with you all the time.

HR is okay. It shits itself at the end, but up until there it's fun enough. MD is pure cancer, don't even pirate it.

What was so bad about MD? the gameplay is basically HR's and both of them have plots not worth caring about.

The PC port had performance issues. It was handled by Nixxes, the same people who gave us the dumb boss fights in HR. It had an in game shop where you could spend real money for in game items. It had a stupid game mode called breach. The game was shorter than HR and the story wasn't as good even without the stupid shit HR had at the end.

MD also really overplayed the "augmented apartheid" angle. The game was littered with stupid social justice shit.

What? I mean I pirated it and enjoyed it, however brief it was, cause I just wanted more HR gameplay. Though the fact it had a NG+ mode and I didn't bother is pretty telling.

Oh, it's one of THESE retards. The ones that attempt to apply real life logic to games to justify weird NPC behavior, without giving it any thought whatsoever. Tell me, do the NPCs act just like usual, or do they actually give any sort of indication that they're trying to avoid upsetting the machine man? Do they try to avoid eye contact or something, or maybe walk out of view and call the police? No? Then you're a fucking retard.

No you gigantic faggot, the devs just didn't make them notice. If they actually reacted to shit they would fucking do so in an some way. If you see a guy stacking refrigerators to get into the second floor balcony to steal shit, you don't talk to him in the same relaxed way you would talk to a random person on the street, even if you pretend to for the sake of not angering the guy.

It's like YouTube but without the JEWS!
vidlii.com/watch?v=KXIJLBZ4Kt3

wrong thread?

I'll just say, I played Mankind Divided on xbone and it just made me slightly sad. Even on a controller it played decently well mechanically. It had so many little things it worked in that COULD have made it work out smoother and better than HR, and sometimes even managed to… and then fucked everything up by just being gay.
No inspired level design, way more streamlining, and so much SJW shit like you noted. HR might have gone overboard in its own way, with fucking megacities apparently funded, constructed, and populated by Next Sunday (tm), and the renaissance fashion, yet it not only provided fun gameplay but seemed like the dev team genuinely loved what they were doing. Sure, it does appear as though they'd have rather made a game that wasn't quite deus ex, but they were having fun with what they were doing and they even made sure to have a nice balance of pure-theory conspiracy and real shit.
Just sucks seeing the series so bastardized, I mean how's it even happen so badly AFTER they'd already managed to make DX3 not-shit?

Jensen is an ubermensch and anyone who fucks with him gets stabbed or shot. Would you comment on Adam Jensen breaking into your apartment to steal candy bars, or would you just shut the fuck up and let him raid your garbage?

dont waste your time/money
play og instead

Ssssh.
It's part of his investigation.
That urban family apartment is really an illuminati front

The PC ports were bad, but frankly the gameplay was among the series' best. Prague was a really fun hub to dick around in, and I like how it develops. The downside was just how lacking the main plot is, even if the final mission was good.

The politics in the game will never cease to confuse me.
The game shouts for you to support alternative media, but most present day alt-media shits on progressives and BLM.

Captures the atmosphere and world of DX but game is full of consolitis. Play it to complete the JC/Paul saga
Good effort though its more splinter cell, with gamey looking map design. But lacks the conspiracy/paranoia atmosphere of the first
This one plays most like DX. Captures some of the original's sprawling, organic level design and exploration but a boring set of characters/world building. The story starts interesting but never elevates and leaves you bored af

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but is that shitty-looking "The Fall" game worth a pirate?

Nope
Its bad even by mobile game standards.

HUR DUR some npc isnt being a busy body and telling me off about stacking 5000 pound objects in the street!

Play IW, don't go in expecting greatness it has its moments.

dunno what you're complaining about that's pretty much how cops work in america
i mean sure they can't jump to a second story window because they're all like 350 pounds but aside from that