Kenshi General

Kenshi update is out on the experimental branch.

A squad-based RPG with buildable settlements, robot skeletons, and a ridiculously large non-procedural map where nobody cares about you and you'll probably starve to death in the desert or get your legs eaten by frogmen. Aesthetically it's somewhere between Desert Punk, Morrowind and feudal Japan. It also has some pretty great lore if you're into that sort of thing.

New features

Magnet link (current stable version, unstable with new features isn't on TPB yet): magnet:?xt=urn:btih:a61bbb02ef47d4f306051e59cec69a0b713640a2&dn=Kenshi.v0.97.6-GOG&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

We had them before, and now there's a big update.

The bottom right quarter of the map and maybe some luxury features. But given that they said that amputation and crossbows wouldn't even make it into the game until long after release if at all, it looks pretty close to done.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/18eCAbxbRVtZ1egeCdREuJ9LsfUzFPjfN/view?usp=sharing
steamcommunity.com/app/233860/discussions/0/133259227533558765/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I know you're lurking dollanon
your fetish is still shit

Oh neat it's this thread again. Does anyone have any stories of their gameplay?
I usually make my own brand of weapons and armors and sell whatever that town pays me extra for that isn't Building Materials
Oh thank god I don't need to conserve or hunt as much for leather anymore.
So does the game still run bad and have memory loss out the ass?

How optimized is this game now?

No.

Weapons sell for less, although it's not a 75% reduction. It'll be harder to get rich, though.

It still runs like ass for me, but I'm using a first-gen i7 and the game has always been CPU bound. I'm running into a different issue right now though, clothing models are all artifacting pretty badly regardless of what my graphics settings are.

We'll probably see a proper optimization patch along with or after the final map release.

My last game, I had just watched Seven Samurai, so I took the start that gives you five guys but no cash, scraped together funds, hired two more, and wandered the desert in search of justice. I named them all after the samurai in the movie and gave them poses and weapons to match. Because they clearly needed a village to defend, I eventually hired a bunch more peasants, put them in a peasant squad, and set up an outpost in the blue sand area east of the Great Desert. Incidentally, that area is also infested with Beak Things, who did an excellent job of regularly killing off tax collectors who tried to visit me. I didn't make much money out there, but it was self-sufficient and I got it to grow pretty big. With constant attacks from the wildlife, my original peasants were all at 40 or so toughness by the time I decided to abandon the town and move into the Great Desert. I had also ended up with so many peasants that it took multiple squads to manage them - crafters went in peasants, farmers had their own squad, and I had a bunch of "freed" slaves that I made keep their shackles on. They worked the mines and refineries and did all the hauling. I also gathered a couple of skeletons to use as monks and set up a robodojo.

I should actually revert to the last version and take some pictures of the town I had. It wasn't finished, I wanted all the peasants to have small houses and the slaves to live in metal shacks, and there was a shop and a bar. I used the dev menu to redirect a nearby road into town, so I had a fair number of slavers, bandits, caravans, and armies wandering through and buying rum at the bar or attacking me. The town didn't actually have any iron, so I set up a slave camp just outside but close enough that it was counted as part of the main settlement, posted some guards outside and made slaves mine and refine iron, then would manually use a runner to ferry the plates into town. Even got it looking nice and squalid, that's the 4th pic in the OP.

There were a few adventures, mainly revolving around theft. I had a glorious final stand on a massive bridge deep into cannibal territory, where Shek bandits with massive swords kept swarming my squad. A few people would sleep to heal while the others defended them. Occasionally some weak cannibals would sweep through or bonedogs would attack. It took two days to slowly retreat across the bridge to the lab we were there for in the first place. I had Kikuchiyo sneak in and promptly discovered why it was referred to on the map as "Suspicious Lab". We got out fast.

There was also that time Kikuchiyo ended up being followed and constantly guarded by several dozen ancient skeletons whose programming was bugged. Tried to use them as meat shields for an open attack on the Free Empire armory, but sadly it didn't work out. I retrieved a few that weren't killed and tried to use the prisoner recruitment mod so I could get more robomonks, but that didn't work either, so I had them hang around my settlement until we abandoned it. I locked them in cages to sit there forever until a new master comes along.

Forgot pic of the broken skeletons.

Oda Nobunigga shall rise again!
Does anybody know if martial arts/blunt weapons can dismember?

Did I really make that much of an impression? Huh.

Still not my fetish though, I just enjoy despair, and a race of frail, pathetic machines designed for a utopian society now forced to dwell in the dirt with barbarous savages, unable to remember the people and nation they were once so devoted to, fits this for me. If that's still not to your taste though there are always the Turkish deep ones and cannibal gourd people that I have also developed but people seem to like a lot less, probably because they are not pretty.

Maybe he's confusing you with me. I kept saying how I wanted to shatter their porcelain crotchplates with my dick.
Still do.
Are your gourd people a serious race? They always seemed like a joke to me. The proportions looked kinda goofy, even for being 'gourds'.

Well the proportions are kind of silly and they have odd accents but I promise I have taken them 100% seriously despite their oddness. The gourdmen have unique lore, various factions, unique gameplay mechanics like balancing tribal allegiances, and can be killed and their inner juices consumed for nourishment.

Why is this shit even allowed here?:^}

Japanese fallout?

Glad they finally have more of the map playable. What's all over there on the upper right corner?

I'd like to know, too. I started in a destroyed town around there and immediately hauled ass over to Holy Nation territory because I didn't want my puppy to get eaten by bandits.

United Cities territory. Everything is corrupt and oppressive and bribery is the only way to get things done.

Large desert and United Cities territory.

Not exactly, but very close.
Especially when you get to Obedience territory for first time.

does the fucking torrent actually finish this time?

I was just about to make a thead for this, mostly to beg for mods which aren't really in anyplace but the steam workshop.
so I bought it on steam as well but now also have a gog installer I can upload.
gog doesn't seem to have beta shit though

Patched dropped today that fixes crashes, bugs, and missing icons.

Lots of desert, lots of UC territory, some chokepoints held by the Holy Nation, a wasteland with a bunch of bandits and a bandit fort, some nasty acid rain areas with nice loot, a Skeleton city, massive chunks of a broken spaceship, fossilized (or metal) tentacles the size of an entire town

Kinda, but fairly low-tech in the sense that you can build diesel generators and make biofuel for them but everyone fights with swords, clubs, and now crossbows.

Some people say that the game is post-apocalyptic. The dev says it isn't. In reality, there have been at least two apocalypses, possibly three.

Oh yeah my squads.
Made a guy with a dog who rolled the name Blacksheep. Which seemed fitting because I am doing a martial arts playthrough. Started in the area between the holy nation and the united cities, got my asskicked and almost died. I had to carry my puppy and he was getting worse, and I was about to crit again.
I saw a squad of holy nation troops run into some United cities samurai, then some more bonedogs joined. I waited and just before I was about to pass out I was able to get a med kit. I had to sit around for a day until my pup healed though.
I made my way through some UC territory but didn't find much to do, picked up Rane the Giant, got beep and some shyke chick from the Mogrel, then had to save them from fogmen, watched as my now adult dog outright kills bandits and hives who have no or shitty armor.
Its going well.

I think the holy nation might be on to something.
the other ""moon" in the sky looks pretty green

Another man punching his way through the wastes with a loyal hound at his side? Good.
I just picked up another bonedog that I named Supaiku to accompany my first dog Kira, myself.

How does one go about taming animals anyway? I never bothered to learn since I would just haul all my goods on everyone to build up their strength.

I don't think you can tame animals, you can only buy them from farms. There's probably a mod somewhere out there for it, though.

If you want to play as pic related, bulls are surprisingly good in combat, their moveset has a shitload of AoE.

You can't tame them, sadly. You've gotta buy them from farms.

I never named him. Hes just dog.
I love punching people, I never use armor, only the Gi, and I can dodge just about anything so far. makes it hard to counter. Rane it the heavy and is starting to get to the point where she can swing and take out multiple low rank enemies. The dog though man. He just rips guys up, if they drop they just start to bleed out. Plus hes tough as shit because animals don't really do the dodge thing.
I took out the Dust kind and am trying to think of other shit to do.
On my other file I got a base going in cannibal territory but wouldn't you know it that was a terrible idea. IZUMIE-CHAN, NOOOO!!! So I think I might just break the shit down, pack up and head to greener pastures, or pastures that don't have guys who try to eat me.

cute trailer

Do farms still get raided by one quintillion dinosaurs and you can't do anything about them?

That's nice but I can't play this anymore since one of my RAM sticks died.

I'll email you some, whats email address?

The last time I played this game, I had 28? (4 squads) of guys with like 50s in everything all using forgotten armory and self-made master crafted weapons and armor. The best part was sleeping RL while I had my farmers and smiths queued up to make like 30 sets of armor and weapons.

I was a force of nature. (Unless fucking nature started raining on the coast, then I was a bitch running for shelter)

It's a pity the fucking forums has so little traffic on this game or that it gets so little attention, despite it's flaws it's seriously brilliant.

Somewhere between Fallout and Age of Decadence, really.

isn't it more like 3d rimworld?

I found a 0.98.1 Kenshi.
I'm not claiming anything, just that I ran it on a VM, saw that it has amputation and the version it shows is 0.98.1, the latest one.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:68c12dad436244178e2fd46acdbf9830da8a31a3&dn=Kenshi%5Fv0.98.1&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80%2Fannounce

Don't even bother torrenting it for the next few days.

:(

Nope.
It doesn't have that much of mods and Kenshi can be played in more ways than Rimworld.
I still can't get into city building and don't get trashed shortly after building anything though.

I remember seeing this like a year or two on MODDB and getting annoyed I couldn't find an up to date torrent link, nice to see it's still around.

God dammit

You see Ivan, when puppy little he play ball and keep run away with ball when you go near.
But is no ball anymore.
Is you.

Try buying a building in an existing town to start out with, you won't get raided there.

Nice, are crossbows any good? I want to try playing as a hunter this time since I no longer have to "hunt" by chasing animals down with a katana.

There's like six different types with different skills. Junkbows and Toothpicks are good for throwing a bunch of shitty bolts at people real quick, Springbats are short range but punch through armor, Rangers are the average crossbow, and Cross Eagles are sniper crossbows. There are also Old World Crossbows which are basically really good Ranger Crossbows.

If you're faster than it, you can kite it.
I've got a standard quality Springbat(?) that IIRC was doing 50-60 damage a shot with a somewhat lengthy reload. A Toothpick or Ranger might work better, though. I'll have to give them a try.
I'd still bring a polearm for the bonus against animals, though.
also

I already played as a robomonk punching the world to death, I want to RP a little with the new toys.

I am doing that already.
I still need more people to make my own settlement.

How many people I exactly need to do that and not get trashed?

Dunno, I only ever settle down after my solo dude has 80+ in his combat stats.
Go for a full squad of 12, I guess.
Numbers matter less that stats and gear, but crossbows might change that a bit.
Just try to get a few guys really good at knocking heads and give the rest crossbows.

It will take a long time then.

Get your ass beat as much as possible without dying, your dudes will be badasses before you know it.

This bitch's arm just fell off.

Did you read OP?
When bodypart HP is under -100 it's amputated.

Alright.
I will beat up some rebel farmers then.

I knew about it, it's just amusing to see it happen while she was limping along.

Oh fuck, she was wounded and when it finally hit over 100 its popped off. Thats hilarious.

Also

They need to fix that shit, wounds should only deteriorate on core body parts.

Man, where the fuck have all these shopkeepers gone.
You can't just remove the jews and not have a plan to keep the cats flowing, Lord Phoenix.

when is 1.0 due out?

Last quarter of the map needs to be released, then after that I'm not sure what else they are doing. I don't know if they have quests planned or anything. I can't wait until they start optimizing this shit though.

So, what are the best crossbows for early/mid/late game characters, solor or group? I'm running a rock bottom character that's going to be a bounty hunter for a while, and as soon as I get a mech arm to replace the one I lost I'm getting a crossbow as my primary. I'm guessing the Ranger would be ideal for starting due to it having the lowest skill req, but I like the look of the Toothpick, although I have no idea whether it'll become useless later on compared to all the other choices.

Toothpicks are good against masses of poorly-armored characters. They fill the uppity peasant removal niche.

Come again? Last year I played only half of the map was opened for me.

Is it viable? How do you find bounties anyway?

Upper right hand quarter is open with some more tech ruins to explore, the united cities, and the skeleton city as well. I hear there is some lore locked away in one of those ruins too.

So they'd be good for Cannibal or Rebel hunting then. Would they still be somewhat okay against medium armored opponents like Sheks at higher skill levels, or just outright useless? Depending on how huge compared to my character the springbat is, I may end up going with that one if the toothpick isn't good enough to deal with med or even light armor.

Springbats are more meant to punch through armor and have a slow reload time. No crossbow is really "bad" except the junkbow, they just have different niches.

So the toothpick can still deal actual damage, not just flinching or single digits, to medium armored opponents, then?

Well not really as good as a Springbat. Basically

Toothpick- close range, fast reload, low penetration

Springbat- medium rang, slow reload, strong penetration

Ranger- medium-long range, medium reload, medium penetration, low skill cap

It doesn't have to be as good as a Springbat, I fully understand the Springbat will deal far more damage to armored opponents, I just want to make sure I don't have to go through 60 toothpick bolts to take down a single enemy if they're wearing anything thicker than cloth armor (doing negligible damage to plate armored opponents would be perfectly understandable though)

Oh shit nice, the only reason I dropped the game was because my guys got teleport ed to the upper right quarter and it wouldn't let me leave because it wasn't opened yet, guess I'll pick it up again.

Oh well then I'm not sure, but it should be good against people with medium armor as well. Just be wary if they have something serious like metal plate. Not entirely sure about the specifics though.

I have a goat as a pet and it's getting hungry how do I feed it?

Keep in mind that armor quality is huge for harpoon resistance. Shoddy samurai armor only has 29 points which is still huge but you might still be able to do good damage with a really good Toothpick. Higher qualities are pretty much bulletproof.

Drop food on the ground or have it in your backpack.

Why won't the United Cities discuss Hiver and Hiver Crime?!
Look at the raw brutality they carry out on each other, the worker on the left is only a few years old.

PLEASE DONATE TO THE UNITED HIVER FUND SIMPLY $10 CATS A DAY CAN HELP PREVENT SUCH BLOODSHED

Ayo hol' up. So you be sayin' we wuz Hive Queens 'n' shiet?

Try tying one to a pole and see what happens.

EMPEROR TENGU DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HIVE PEOPLE

How viable is a kung fu build?

The journey is long and filled with many hardships, but once you reach the crest of the mountain, you will be a terrifying foe.
invest in a chain shirt

Your damage gets increased by your Strength and Toughness stats as well as your Martial Arts skill. Eventually you'll start killing unarmored people outright with a single punch to a vital area. Thanks to the new dismemberment mechanics, a non-vital hit of that caliber will now result in you ripping (Well, kicking or karate chopping) someone's arm or leg off.

Cruel Hiver Witchdoctors come from the North East Behemoth Coast Islands, to seek profit as mercenaries.
With their Slavic bot allies they kill the gentle Fogmen having them use their own blood trails to draw their evil magic sygils.

I'm laughing

KIKES

I can do it easily with 5. It really depends on crops and how much money/food you have on hand. Desert settlements are objectively the comfiest, but you need to research enough to be able to make dustwiches for your main food. It's much easier if you buy a stormhouse in a city and keep your researcher there doing the basic and free techs, while the rest of the party keeps adventuring for money. Another major factor is simply how good your party is at combat - raids can really set back your production. During raids it might be a good idea to lock a sneaky guy inside your houses so he can patch the other villager up after the fact.

For an easier time, just do as much preparation as you can ahead of time, otherwise you could risk mass starvation.

Buy a home in the foglands at Mongrel, build a tech bench and hunt princes for that dank bounty.
Use that to upgrade your tech, which will decrease the amount of people needed

In addition one of the best things about owning a house in a city is that you can use there power as long as your place is set on public

And if you're in The Hub or one of the other shitholes, they get to use YOUR power!

WATCH WHERE YOU WALKIN NIGGA

I'm outside Stoat but the gates are locked. Do they ever open them?

It's a bug. Save and load, the gates should open.

How about someone just upload their steam 0.98.2 Kenshi folder?

no… no you hack me
I'm a lazy nigger.

what have I fucking done, I just wanted to buy some crossbow bolts and Ive doomed an entire town to getting fogfucked

Wew lad, all it took was one man to doom a town.

Also
G-guess I didn't want those cats anyway.

no

Could someone upload their 0.98.2 game folder?

The fogman glitching is bugged, fogmen spawn on the prison, which can be great for early income as 3 princes are 18 grand.

Also holy fuck does crossbow take forever to train.

for you thirsty niggas

drive.google.com/file/d/18eCAbxbRVtZ1egeCdREuJ9LsfUzFPjfN/view?usp=sharing

I miss old kenshi, the endless desert was cool.

Is there anywhere like that in the current game? Seems like it's all filled with performance killing trees.

New map section is all desert. I think you will like it.

Top right?

Yeah its all desert. Its great, bring some goggles though, its got dusts storms. If you are feeliing extra comfy you can head out to where the dessert meets the ocean and step up a base there. Get a fishing mod for that.

This is infected with ramnit, don't download.

Anyone who clicks on random google drive links practically deserves it.

Niggas want kenshi yet won't even take a download when it's presented to them. No skin off my back.

I should've brought two more backpacks.

How do you get the beta versions with gog? I can upload mine somewhere. If not I can do the stable one, no limb shit or crossbows but eh.
dude shryke as some serious hips

Downloading a game is not worth having your computer added to some botnet.

To be fair, it wasn't hard. I had my dogs skulk around looking all shady to get the guards' attention, including Armor King. Then I had my thief sneak up behind him and pick the lock on the safe. Once opened, the stealing chances weren't 100% so I had Armor King notice my thief who then ran upstairs causing Armor King to do so as well, then he ran back downstairs to the safe and stole everything he could carry before Armor King got back.
Honestly the only thing that'd prevent theft is to have at least one guard specifically ignoring the player and keeping an eye on the valuables at all times.

he's a good boy

He just loves him limbs.

just loaded up the most recent version that I have found 97.6 and the load screen is taking like 10 fucking minutes. fuck and forget to name my dude , second new game takes 20 seconds to load.

Friendly reminder that swamp turtles are phenomenal for training strength while unarmed and encumbered, my strength shot up from 49 to 76 after going on a turtle genocide.

Plastic surgeons would've also been an option, they essentially put you back into the character editor, minus race and sex selection.

R.I.P. A2

xd

Obedience is fucking weird.

There is very good reason for that.
World history spoilers
It was ancient fortress full of people, until some skeletons caught robo-aids and went crazy. Ancient empire solution to deal with that was to freeze everything in Obedience using liquid nitrogen.

what's the max squad size now it used to be 30?

After careful examination, I have cone to the conclusion that the best looking crossbow in the game is the Springbat

The second best is the Toothpick

It's ten people, but you can change it.
Just don't change it to stupidly high number.
It will break the game.

er– I mean how many total people can you have

I think it might still be 30. I don't see why they'd change it. But then again-

-the default squad size limit actually seems to be 12 now.

last game I had 4 squad of 7 and it was hilarious but I read somewhere that a guy had 80 or something.. likely a mod or whatever, but I haven't been playing for almost a year, until today.

does anyone know the secret of the avatars used for the squads pics? they are seeming snap-shots from different angles everytime for each member, is there anyway to make them less.. random?

Am I the only one who tries to have as few members as possible?
Last game I played, only had a squad of three for a long time and got them pretty strong, only went up to six around the time I founded my own outpost.

Its tough at first but the low numbers really get their stats up quickly. One of the things that really helped was training up a shek tank.
Don't neglect dexterity or they will be slow as shit in combat with all the armor on, even with high strength and the lighter weapons.

I usually have a whole bunch of greenlanders running my base and about 5 scorchniggers doing a ninjasquad thing and going on adventures.

yeah, well last game I was running 28 all could murder faces really good and I was killing those giant whatever the fuck those things are on the north coast that can eat people. You can't do that with 3 guys. (I suspect). However this new run I'm sticking to a single squad because after that everyone was just a farmer or whatever and I needed more and more just to support the population. I think 7 guys can handle all the trade-skills well enough and keep everyone from starving.

I mean, 1 guy each can do armor, weapons, research that leaves 4 to do mining, farming, cooking, fetching and whatever.

But wait.
my guy says its solid metal. I thought it was ice but its not

blunt and martial arts are already capable deal knockout at >0 health, so probably no. Different story if you have a guy with mercenary club or whatever that club was that deal more bleed than blunt damage.

I haven't booted up my kenshi in a while tho

crossbows might be a gamechanger if you play weak races like hives or scorchlanders (my main is scorchlandder cause im an asian nigga)

I use one on my hiver. I'm hunting fogmen right now and it seems to be going ok. I think they can hit your own guys, I could swear I saw him miss and tag one of my fighters.

You can do that yeah, there is even a stat, Precision Shooting, tied to it.

Your characters will comment on how the ground is like metal so they probably used some kind of crazy, long-forgotten ancient tech to freeze everything. Given the surroundings, it's probably related to the ecology-destroying events that occurred in places like The Floodlands.

Also there are spaceship parts and giant metal/robotic tentacles in some parts of the northeast. And don't forget that there are ruined highrises in some places, and the southern portions of the map have so much rebar sticking out of the ground that it looks like plants, until you zoom in

And then the dev says that the game isn't actually post-apocalyptic.

Maybe the apocalypse is still ongoing

Scorchlanders aren't really weak, hive can be pretty good if built properly and with the right team.
You add in the 1.2 combat speed multiplier, they become deadly when properly trained in katana weapons for example.

Its actually post-post-apocalypse :^)

I think its a failed colonization.
Spaceships parts, humans don't seem to be naive I don't think. Sheks and hivers are. Holy nation script talks about the war in the sky so maybe some big ol space battle, maybe dark ones were scorchlanders?
Falling sun blade is used by skeletons, and does bonus damage to beakthings and gorrillos, would make sense if they were trying to tame the land. Skeletons went nuts at some points, but if you read it looks like there were 2 big destructions in the past. So one war, and then skeletons did everything wrong.

Can I find some prosthetics in a normal town or do I have to go to the tincans for help?

I found a robotics shop in mongrel, try there.

Hivers sell economy limbs of various grades.

This piece of shit will never be worth the money I spent on it back in 2014.

What did you expect from it?

Wew Mongel is a mess right now. Because Princes will spawn when something is tied, when the guard places fogmen in cages in the barracks, it will spawn in a pod of fogmen there because it counts as tied up.

Where should I put up my first base?
I want iron, copper, stone and water..

Leviathan Coast. Don't worry about the name, they just call it that because it's a big place.

Cannibal country has areas with all of that plus the friendly natives will invite you for dinner and cultural enrichment.

Transphobia intensifies

I'd be willing to set up a base here but the lack of any nearby towns to recruit is a turnoff.
If you set up a bar in your base, does that attract drifters?

I'd put the native flora into 2 categories:
Originally I though it was too coincidental that there would be 2 dominant classes of animal on the same planet, now I think it can be attributed either to kooky scifi shit from the dev or a result of some kind of uplifting of native species by human colonists.
I also think that the fact there are 2 distinct human phenotypes is evidence that 1 subrace were the original colonizers (imo scorchlanders due to their adaptations to the world) and 1 subrace were part of some interstellar power who fought the other for control of the planet.

>Originally I though it was too coincidental that there would be 2 dominant classes of animal on the same planet, and that both would have a sentinent humanoid species among them …

My first game and main base was between the Hub and Stack, it was close enough to Stack to get supplies and lacked any big threats, was also close to hub so could shop around.

I don't think I can find any place more comfy, not to mention in the center of the fucking map to boot.

last time I tried this shit a couple months ago I spent 30 minutes aggressively fighting the camera before giving up
have the camera controls improved at all?

I usually make my base here and an outpost a bit south for copper.

?

I kinda miss when Kenshi was just dudes in the desert with katanas instead of DEEPEST LORE.

This is my default location. 100 iron, 100 stone, 60 copper, water 50+ something .. very fertile.. can't grow cotton for shit so need hemp. Just on the south side of Stack, nearly 1/2 to the hub. I would love to find something more comfy but can't. The worst problem maybe lack of level ground but with a 7 man squad compared to 28 last time I'm sure it's going to be OK.

Something more than a tech demo. Something that actually feels like a game with things to do.

hmm, I wonder how I spent the first 200 hours I played this game… must have done something.

You might actually have severe brain damage.

Did you expect a campaign or something? I bought it way back, too, and it was always obvious it was going to be a sandbox.
I've got a little under 500 hours, myself.

Only takes me about 5 seconds per post, my man.

No? The fuck?

Okay…? I would have enjoyed a sand box. However, a sandbox has things to do in it. This is not a sandbox. It is a fucking tech demo.

You might actually have severe brain damage.

At the very least you could explain why the game disappointed you instead of being a massive faggot and trying to shit up the thread.

I remember this thing had ass UI then years later came back and the ass UI had a texture skin. This guy needs to read up on information design.

I could see the Shek being genetically modified humans, maybe used as shock troops in the initial colonization of the planet. Their mannerisms are certainly much more human than the hivers.

(checked)
It still is, you can just ignore the lore if you want. It's mostly speculation anyways.

It's literally just lack of things there to do. There is NOTHING to do. It is a tech demo because there are no fucking gameplay components. It's all just bare-bones mechanics that do not interact with each other very well, if at all. It's just a whole bunch of half-baked ideas thrown into a pot and he just hoped it would work out somehow.

Also what said.

Well yes but there are technocratic slaver fruits and barbarian warlord fruits in addition to three constantly warring tribes with a neat gameplay mechanic to them. Basically, trading or otherwise helping one tribe lowers your reputation with the other two due to paranoia, but it happens slow enough that you can fix it with bribery. If you want to do business with them you need to balance your relations with all three tribes lest you offend one of them to the point that they see you as an enemy.

are there watermelon-flavored ones

All gourdmen can be looted for gourdman fluid, an edible liquid that tastes like cucumber water but is highly nutritious and refreshing. This is obviously fatal to the victim but if you don't mind pseudo-cannibalism then go for it.

Niggourds arent people and exist only to be devoured.

I'm halfway tempted to add that to their racial slur database but I feel like that would end poorly for me.

Is the learning curve steep?

Depends on what you try. My first time playing I didn't know what the fuck to do so I just started picking away at some wreckage and selling the copper I got from that to buy a house, then I autistically researched all the tier 1 techs in complete safety, going back to mine copper when I needed money. Don't ask me what I did after that; I'm still trying to figure it out.

From what I gather if you try to go out and kill shit as your way of progressing you'll end up dying alot until you know what you're doing.

No.
Keep a medkit handy and don't go around fighting things that'll eat you when you're down or are strong enough to kill you before you can wake up.
Hire a bunch of shitty friends at 300 cats each, the more you have the better the chance early on that one of you will wake up in time to save the others.

As an RPG its fairly unconventional. If you never want to worry about money again sneak around town for a while until your sneak is around 40, then pick store locks while no one is looking (sho-battai and bark are great places for this, heft not so much because there are a lot of NPCs). You can run a circle around the three towns selling the stuff you stole, where blueprints are the most efficient due to slot and weight, and stealing it back to sell elsewhere. If you get multiple teammates you can use them to distract the shop keepers and guards while others lock pick. If you do distract, watch the time because the store will lock you in and the npcs will suddenly move very likely busting you. There is a shinobi guild in Heft that has some training dummies you can put to good use as well. Good luck.

The main point is you're going to get your ass kicked a lot early game, you're going to be down KO'ed and shit and hopefully not die. Losing is part of the early game. It is important to hire some friends so that if your bleeding out one of you will get up and medic the others after the enemy has moved on, otherwise your main guy might die. (5 man start is good for this, but not needed) 1 man can mine copper or iron or whatever to buy some recruits.

has anyone ever had enemies break a wall or gate?

No, but then again I rarely build my own bases.
I've heard of enemies breaking down gates, though. The 0.98.5 patch notes, for example, saying how people were breaking down player gates to heal neutrals inside, or something.

heh, I literally just moved my gate and a bandit attack actually broke into my camp for the first time ever. A couple of bugged events before when my gate was on the other side.

fffffcccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk

RANE?

Will play this game when it's finished so never.

It will probably hit 1.0 this year, but I don't know if you'll want to call it finished then.

Never forget the OG squad

Shes a big girl

imho, leather turtlenecks are the superior shirt.
especially for kung-fu

Sif = Eminem of Kenshi? the 1 white kid

Pretty much. He impresses the Shek women with his 80 Heavy Weapons skill.

So, in my new game after finding like 1 lab and 1 library, I found a total of 4 treasure maps leading to new locations and I couldn't even use all the fuckers because it said I knew all the locations..
(Now I have a total of 3 discovered locations and 3 on my map that I haven't been too) When I know god dam well their is like 20 ancient sites to visit.

beak-thing for dinner AGAIN

Fun fact: Burn is only specifically included in two squad chatter dialogue chains.
The first is as one of many possible people to respond to something Pia says when Lord Phoenix is dead or captured.
The second is when you return with him to the floodlands.

Normally I'm the meal for them.

I bought this game 6 years ago as a part of some cheap bundle, it used some weird install/update system and very long activation key. Played it for two days and then left it in the depth of my HDD.
Nice to see its still being developed.

Its this and starsector I've kept my eyes on and both are progressing nicely.

is it a meme to provide a magnet link to this game that only downloads up to a certain percent then stops?

Anyone having issues with unarmed in the latest update? I wanted my main character to be a monk, but he flat-out won't attack anything, no matter what, unless he's got a weapon.

Is he missing an arm? I think people have said that was disabling martial arts entirely.

Nope. I think it's because his martial arts skill is low enough that his moveset doesn't have anything to use against the giant-ass swamp turtles, because he landed a few kicks on the sole blood spider that tore the party apart a few seconds after I took this screencap.

I'm pretty bummed out that the game won't render building models when I try to build something. I tried everything to fix it but nothing works, I don't know why this happens to me.

I have that happen sometimes. I just select something else then go back to the first thing and I can see it.

I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but the absolute best feature that was implemented this update is that when you tell a group to travel somewhere, they all move at the speed of the slowest person so they stick together, instead of spreading out in a long thin

The worst is that blunt damage can sever limbs, that's just retarded. It should take cutting damage only into account.

D-do we tell him?

Nobody's mentioned it because that's been a feature for at least a year, from my cursory Google search.
steamcommunity.com/app/233860/discussions/0/133259227533558765/
Potentially even worse than blunt damage severing limbs is that wound deterioration can amputate, although there's an option to make it direct damage only.

never worked for me, unless I specifically tell them to follow the slowest member
select all run = long ass line of dipshits (v97.6)

The setting after full speed didn't work? With the little red stick man running behind the little black stick man?

Ditto. Even playing with the various squad options and speed settings, I've never had it working before.

I got a bug where the staircase leading to the second floor of one of my buildings became intangible and now I can't get anyone up there.
I got my clothing, leather and medical benches up there and having to build other ones is kind of annoying, has that ever happened to any of you?

Try rebuilding the navmesh?
Ctrl+Shift+F11

It said that it corrected 28 buildings, or something like that, but they still won't go up

Dunno, then. Sorry.

bughouse? other people have been having that problem too

Did you rebuild the navmesh while inside the building in question? You, and any squad members you may have, need to be outside of the building and have the door closed when you rebuild navmeshes from what I understand.

rebooting the game might help too. I've had all kinds of goofy shit with stairs in the past mostly they slip between the wall and the stairs and get stuck, hasn't happened this version yet though.

You can also shift+f12 for the dev menu and a whole host of tools, but with great power comes great responsibility and you can seriously fuck up the game if you're careless.

You can also build roads this way. They won't render, but NPCs will use them in long-distance pathfinding, so you can get a nice flow of traffic through your town.

Yeah this didn't work, fuck this shit.

The Admag general store is inaccessible because the dev switched a few of the shops around and now the general store tower is off set, characters cannot enter the tower because of how poorly placed it is.

This game is incredibly autistic, the whole concept is great and I love it to death but a ton of things could be better like the UI and building placement and well everything.

That doesn't make it autistic. That makes it buggy.

a lot of shit I'm talking about can't be straight out called buggy so, no you are wrong sir.

Does the pirate version in the OP work with online? This looks neat but I don't know if I want to buy.

There's no online. This is Japanese Desert Morrowind: The RTS.

Oh, I must have misread something somewhere. Neat, definitely giving it a try then.

So this is my default gear pre ancient-tech

naganita with +50% vs animals for main weapon out doors really seems to me like a no-lose situation (also comes with no minuses to skills)
wakazashi – +2 attack +4 indoors, can't think of any reason not to use this as a secondary.
leather turtleneck - covers 4 spots with 100/90s
samuari clothpants - covers legs with some extra stomach protection, feels comfy
drifer's boots - again, so comfy
mercenary leather armor – seems like the best armor pre ancient tech
rattan hat - no negatives, yet somehow provides good armor

what about you guys?

forgot to mention upgrades as I get tech (iirc)
white plate jacket
blackened chainmail
armored face plates – mostly vanity as I can see the hair styles etc.
same legs, same boots (overall for travel just good)

weapons = all whatever can be found in armories

I used to use:
Updates have shaken this up a bit, however.
Armor was nerfed a bit since I last played and masterwork Samurai Legplates don't give you ~95% cut resist anymore so I might swap out the sandals for Plated Longboots.
I'm probably gonna arm everyone with Eagle's Crosses and use their fists for backup, although the Police Helmet now has -10 perception so I might swap it out for Armored Hoods. I don't like the 90% coverage, though.

Oh, wait. Pre-ancient tech.
Drifter's everything I guess, keeping the blackened chainmail since you can just buy it from Shinobi Thieves.

samurai legplates give .50 athletics meaning you run at 1/2 speed (if I understand that), how can you stand it?

I'd only equip it to fight.
It seems that along with nerfing the protection also they lowered some of the penalties. The FCS says samurai legplates only have a 0.9 athletics multiplier.

>robot limbs as prosthetics
in edo period ? get the fuck out of here .
what BS is this

How the fuck does that work? Shek guys posting notices in bars that they're looking for another dude to JO with (but it's totally no homo, bro) while running through the foglands to charge their Lanterns of Radiance or something?

well it was a dream so it's a bit foggy to say the least but it was like I was going to certain undisclosed locations to "party" (I was with a girl) and meeting several people or couples.. it started well but the last location (maybe there was 3 brief locations) anyways I went into this huge glorified barn or something it had a pool in the middle and some huge chick and some weirdo dudes in the back and suddenly I realized they were cannibals or whatever and well I didn't get out of their.. the chick I was with ran away.. lol

btw - My guys often banter about the lantern of radiance but when I met up with the 1 guy offering to sell to me I refused and seems I won't get a second chance on that. What the fuck is it?

It's pretty much just a lantern you can put in your belt slot as a portable light source. Contrary to hiver claims, it does not actually do anything to keep Fog Hivers away, and you can purchase it for far cheaper prices at Hive villages than from Hive caravans. I have one on my character because I think it's a neat little accessory and because it hels eliminate night/low light penalties to combat and labor skills.

That was finally added in? Remember lanterns not doing anything before.

The lore of Kenshi is pretty good.
I don't obedience was an betrayal, I think Obedience was literally like its name.

Skeles went to war with someone, and created giant skele's, after they won they ordered them to march into a great metal furnace, which they did, where they then named it obedience.

Also there are definitely aliens, there were a ton of unused assets you could access earlier that were biological chests and furniture.
I don't think the races in Kenshi like Shek are alien, in fact given the lore and mythos of the Holy nation, Shek were more then likely engineered from Humans.

The world of Kenshi seems to be a planet where the rise and fall of civilizations equivelent to the grandeur of Rome, build, deteriorate then rebuild.

What if whoever manufactured the skellies were the ones who sent the giantskellies to their deaths, and the normal skeletons were worried enough to revolt, sparking a massive war, downfall of one of the empires, and birthing the Holy Nation's hatred of them?

What I can't figure out is what the role of Narko would be, given that he was a giant skelly, and undoubtedly real. Maybe one giant escaped the doom at Obedience and wreaked havok on the greenlanders, becoming a devil-figure in the process? Maybe that was what sparked the war?

The mythos of Narko and Okran are two deities who were originally one.
I take this to mean a group of people who were so advanced they were revered as Gods, but a philosophical difference made them split, I think one went in the direction of biological manipulation and the other of tech.

Which is why Skeles are abhorrent to Holy nation, but sheks are cursed beings that are in need of saving through hard labor.

Though the Holy nation religion is heavily manipulated to allow its rulers slavery, power and zealots I don't think its entirely accurate for how it depicts things.
However I think it has probably the best recorded history as many religious groups have in the past IRL about Rome and Babylon

Yeah, it's a bughouse, I tried rebuilding the navmesh with no one inside and the door closed and the stairs are still holograms, I don't want to have to build another house and relocate those over there, have any of you ever figured out how to fix it? Or will I have to wait until a new patch fixes it?

wow a fucking belt item, I can't wait to pick 1+ up.

it's possible bug houses have been bugged forever. I have one that isn't bugged but it's also empty. I would just pick another structure for critical stuff like production machines.

It was working ok for months until I got into the experimental patch, but I guess I'll make a Stormhouse to replace them. At least I don't have to get them to the chests and shit to get what's in there, losing the 40~ leathers I have would be pretty sad.

According to the Steam forums, there are other people having the same experience with bughouses, so it's just that particular model as a result of the experimental branch. It'll most likely be fixed in one of the subsequent patches. In the mean time, other buildings should still be good.

Actually, I just checked on my character. Turns out it doesn't eliminate night penalties. Kind of a shame, but I'll still keep it around for aesthetics.

Anyone else like to just set up camp in Vain and punch gorillos? They're nice to fight. 50's in all stats, good proportion of blunt damage by default, 6 leather a corpse, don't eat you. What more could you want early on?

It seems like the brightness of multiple lanterns stack. I've got a few guys doing science at night with lanterns and no penalties.

well, that might be true but where there is gorillos there is also beak-things and those will fuck anyone early game

I haven't been seeing any near the Easternmost Vain hive, though. Just gorillos. I've been camping there close enough to run to the hivers if I need help but far enough that they don't immediately fight whatever I'm fighting.

cool – I often run to Vain to farm leather and meat, just don't get eaten by one of those beak-things that is a shitty way to die.

oh dear god I just opened my 2nd lost armory and out came 10 or so spiders against my 8 guys

and six more on the 2nd floor – jfc

Assuming you're talking about Blood Spiders, while they hit like a truck, they are easy to kill, and if you KO one, make sure to remove one of their teeth to make sure THEY STAY FUCKING DEAD, other than that, hope you had good defense on your chars

I wish it was just those, no, it was 15 spider roboots up on the east side of the bay of leviathan coast. (the middle armory) I don't remember it being so fucking insane against my first crew but that squad had 28 total warriors so yeah, trying to keep my current crew at 8 and knowing I'll likely never kill a leviathan..

and, yes, removing a fang from spiders or an electron part from robot spiders or a meat from animals is really useful.

Why wouldn't you be able to kill a leviathan? Just shoot them. Isn't that the answer to everything right now until crossbows get nerfed somehow?

I'm still on 97.6 so that isn't an option yet

Is crossbow crafting glitched right now, because it seems like compared to regular weapon or armor smithing crossbow crafting not only devours the used materials almost immediately, but also requires an inordinately higher amount of materials.

FCS says that
Each of them is supposed to take 20 hours to craft.

When I craft a crossbow with the required materials in their respective slots, the bars fill up immediately on right click as opposed to over a period of time like normal crafting, is what I mean. There's no forging time, it's instantaneous. I guess they are meant to have that much material requirement, though, even if it's a bit odd that it takes less metal to make a fuckhuge plank or fragment axe than a Ranger bow.

I'm so sick of hearing this shit. Losing is never part of the game, losing is the END of the game. How the fuck can ending the game be part of the early game? That is two hundred fucking percent illogical. If you lost, it's because you failed to know what the fuck to do, or you failed to use your hands correctly. Generally the former and not the latter. Losing is not fun, losing is not part of the game, it's just ignorance or skilllessness.

You know that post is like a week old right

Because you can, and frequently will, lose fights and not have everyone die. It's virtually impossible to play the game without losing a single fight because you start out with pretty much no skill unless you're playing one of the easy modes.

That's the thing that is different in Kenshi, losing is not the end. Even after being captured, or being put into a cage you still have a chance to reverse the situation, but you still lost the fight. More commonly you will just be left KO'ed somewhere with maybe just your food taken from you, you lost the fight but not the battle.

it started 2009 you retard

I picked up a pretty interesting item out of an "armoury" today. I have not see it before iirc and the wiki didn't have any information on it or where the pattern can be bought. Check out that environmental, 7, yes 7 protected locations this thing gives.

Seen it around. Its for wearing into the reeealy shitty parts of the map, like the skeleton place and probably one more.

I like the idea of the dust and leather coats, but they have such bad clipping issues with every single pair of pants I can't use them. I wish someone would create a pants item that's tight enough on the legs it won't clip through and make you look like you took a pair of scissors to the coat to cut out fashion holes or some shit

How is your base guys? I have build my first right here because it's got everything and it's close to 3 cities. Meat farming is a short walk into Hive territory, while the immediate area is filled with dust/starving/escaped bandits to skill up on.

well that and the stun damage is like 80%

forgot to post stats
water 60, fertility 100
copper 60, stone 100, iron 100 x 6
2 XL wheatstaw, 2xl hemp and 2xl cactus farms.

And I decided to test whether lanterns are worth having a second time. The first time, I saw that I had a penalty and assumed it was the same as not having a lantern. This time, I actually bothered to look at the values. It seems penalties to perception, precision, crossbow skill, and accuracy are reduced, but not completely eliminated when you have a lantern. If the "charges" stat in the lantern's info window relates to how much light it gives off, with a default value of 20, then having five characters each equipped with a lantern and standing close enough together that the light radius completely envelops them should eliminate any penalties.

Final Judgement: A single lantern is good enough to reduce night/low-light penalties for your character, but not completely eliminate them, and the values stack the more people equipped with lanterns there are in a small area. Also, I would make a terrible game analyst.

I've still never seen one for sale in a hive village.

They're there, that for sure I am certain of because I'm in a hive village store with the trading screen open and I see two of them. They're not a guaranteed stock though, since about half an hour ago I was at this same shop and they didn't have it then.

Is there any endgame to this?

I played it a while back for about a day.

Was I supposed to play this as an RPG or something?

No, this game just isn't suited to someone who looks up the easiest way to kill their own fun. I have a feeling your "about a day" was more like "about a week" and yes, after a full week the game gets boring and you will move on, I just recently restarted a new game because as open world rpg it's a lot of fun. Don't be made bro, nothing lasts forever.

Dude you are so amazing you did the whole game in a day congratulations on finding the easiest path to victory and flawlessly navigating your awesome 12 man squad to supremacy. You should do esports or speed runs to prove how awesome you are on youtube.

On behalf of the people who do play, and were satisfied with their first game and came back to play a second after a break, I apologize that your inability to find fun after "about a day" may have something to do with your small benis.

god dam that first reply didn't load at first lol.

Well, losing doesn't have to be part of the early game if you know what to do.
Still, losing makes for a more interesting story in Kenshi than just winning everytime.

But losing doesn't necessarily mean the end, just like M&B.
You get up and learn from what happened and get better.

You should voluntarily leave.

Speaking of prosthetic appendages I have some questions.

Won't the Holy Nation be against prosthetics?
If cannibals caught you, will they eat your prosthetic limbs?

The holy nation is against them, after all, if thats a robotic arm wouldn't it be easy for the REST of you to be robotic???
Time to be purged darkone.
As for cannibals they will probably cut it off and throw it to the side.

Building a powerful team seemed like the obvious thing to do.

I ran around for hours trying to find interesting NPCs to talk to, quests to do or bosses to fight. There was a bit, but not much. I built a base, but it wasn't really a compelling game mode. There was one attack on my base, but I didn't want to sit around for hours waiting for another.

Apart from you being a fag, my point was to ask if there was something I'm was missing. It would appear the answer is no.

Any links for 98.2?

At least lurk man.
Also, latest os now 98.6

The faction leaders are pretty tough and killing/capturing them will get retaliatory raids sent to your base, from what I understand.

It's funny that ordering someone to hold makes enemies immediately target them.
I'm pretty sure that since the game considers target acquisition to be an attack (hence enemies running towards you as soon as you give the order), ordering someone to hold position locks them in place but they continue to attempt and fail to acquire a target. These repeated attempts rapidly increase their threat, to use an MMO term, quickly drawing enemies towards them. It has to be the exact opposite of what passive mode was previously.

New update, 0.98.7

-Characters now get covered in blood
-Animals stats are now reduced to 25% when you buy one. This is because animals grew into high stats by default, so they were overpowered because those high stats weren't earned through combat, just time. Now they have to be trained up like everybody else. This doesn't apply to strength and dex, so they still get big and strong naturally without training, just the skills need to be trained.
-Adult player dogs no longer play with limbs, though they still collect limbs and carry them around a bit, they eat them quickly and don't run off. Adult wild dogs still run off with limbs.
-it now takes about 20 seconds for a bandit to butcher your pet dog, so you have a chance to stop him
-Characters won't sit around idle if they are selected
-Being in HOLD mode while sneaking no longer ruins your sneaking
-Fixed "use turret" orders not working when too far away
-Changed the ranged combat target selection function to be more flexible, let me know if things improve or not with target selection
-Fixed a miscalculation in the strength XP gain rate for encumbered martial arts combat. It was like 10x too high, now it's the same rates as using a heavy weapon.
-Fixed the FCS character random weapon selection
-Possible missing wordswap fix
-AI improvements for town guards roaming too far from town
-Possible AI fix to help stop Shark getting wiped out by spiders

When was that added in? Do the nobles from UC count as faction leaders?
In one game I assassinated most of them while getting their high tier weapons.

Well fuck, turtle punching while encumbered is now nerfed.
I wonder if that will calm down Mongrel getting constantly attacked by fogmen?

It was probably added sometime late last year, but I'm not entirely sure. I only started playing again a week or two ago.
The encumberance nerf stings a bit, but ultimately all it means is that you've gotta punch more turtles.

Attached: forgotten construction set_2018-03-11_08-13-20.png (223x380 7.63 KB, 15.29K)

Remeber seeing a few of those events in the FCS before but none of them worked.
Neat.
Who the fuck is eyegore? How strong is he?

It looks like pissing off too many people is now an invitation for your shit to get fucked up.

Eyegore is a Soldier Drone from the Southern Hives, and the general of the United Cities armies. According to the FCS he has 90's in all combat stats except for strength which is 99. If you kill him he's replaced in raids with elite hunters which have 75's.

So pretty much bugmaster with masterwork armor probably and an army behind him. Fuck that's pretty brutal.
Bet he has a Cross weapon too.

Attached: slightdiscomfort.jpg (500x334, 42.22K)

Cross moon cleaver with specialist armor, 22% chance of masterwork.
Oh, Lord Phoenix was also added in 0.98.0. I look forward to farming him for his masterwork holy chest plate, at least until the last map quarter is released and we can legitimately get all the rare blueprints from Black Scratch.

any idea about filling out the research materials required for full tech, I think it's kinda lame you have to re-important and farm previous locations to get enough blueprints.

If you aren't getting enough just from clearing out ancient labs, then I don't really think there's anything you can do other than import.

Kind of disappointing, moon cleavers are outclassed by paladin's cross, edge 1 paladin's cross is overall superior to an edge 3 moon cleaver.
Instead of the bonus robot damage, moon cleavers should have a small bonus to head/limbs, like 5-10 percent.

You can hear guys in the bar talking about him, says hes mean as shit. They also talk about the southern hives and how hivers from there are a different breed, maybe we will see something fun.

Where should I put my base? I was thinking somewhere near the Sten Desert but now I don't know.

for easy mode, weak bandit neighbors

I'm looking for some flatter land with all resources don't care how tough my neighbors are though.

Cannibal plains are nice this time of year.
Up north near the Leviathan coast, can be a bit lonely though so if you want some company settle a bit closer to a road.

any ETA for last 1/4 of the map?

Q3 2017.

You guys wanna share some of your loli characters?

Maybe next thread.

I find it's hard to make proper loli because the face models are a bit rough especially female face 2 only really works if you want a brown QT which is cointuitive since it appears to be for super light skin. Female face 1 and 3 are ok though and with as many sliders as kenshi has you can really get a good variety. The only thing you could ask for is a buttock slider. hehe.

The Jap anime faces mod looks alright, try that.