Vermintide 2

So vermintide 2 is about to go open beta, anyone been playing the closed beta? Got a key from a friend who bought the game and shit is so much fucking better than the first game, which was ok but flawed.
Loot system is no longer rng dice rolls, you just get 3 items after every run, and the variety is fucking miles better. You got skaven+Nurgle chaos with new super units and 3 more minibosses than the Rat Ogre. The whole Class sytem is also revamped in a weird but fun way.
Maps are also way more open than the last game, less corridors and finally the game is actually optimized with my toaster managing to keep solid 60fps

the problem i have with this games is shitty randoms

How much of a toaster are you talking about and what settings are you using?

probably not a super toaster, but I get laughed at by my consumer cuck friends with their top range Nvidia shit. I play at medium and only get drops in massive battles where fire effects are being thrown around. Game still looks good at med, only problem I have is the fucking eye adaption which you cant turn off yet. It just blinds you if the dorf fires his flamethrower or you walk from inside to outside

Would you?

No, now stop making every single thread disgusting and jewish.

He's saying to not discuss ratfucking.

fucking what?
post some gameplay next time.

Downboat

If I just want to play by myself am I going to be stuck with retarded AI? Do the devs plan to put in denuvo?

Vermintide 1 and the VR game only had Steam DRM. The PCGW page says 2 will also use Steam DRM, but that's probably from data gathered in the closed beta.

no denuvo and AI is slightly improved but still kinda stupid, last game there were mods released that made the AI actually good. Not so good they can carry you but not braindead either

Problem is when furfags will show up.
Hope the game is good, will search some gameplay vids.

I swear we need the old rules that let you take Space Marines into Warhammer Fantasy. I doubt the Skaven will be able to overcome a Power Fisting.

How do you manage with retarded randoms? Just how?

Commissars.

by not playing with retard randoms
why would you subject yourself to that?

Cry cry man-things!

same dude

So I looked up some gameplay and you aren't fighting skaven this time, what gives?

And yes, I do want to fuck a skaven

From what I gathered you still fight Skaven as the main force, but there are now Chaos forces and since those are the new thing it's obviously what they want to show.

A fellow man of taste.

Play with at least one friend is my suggestion. Always be prepared that the fags you find might fuck up or be fuck ups. I couldn't clear a single Normal map in the current beta before I got some AIs instead of players. They're shit and incapable of doing anything complicated, but they're better than most of the retards like the Dwarf who never goes for the objectives soon and instead fucks around wandering back and forth or Elf who doesn't care about anyone else until she gets caught by a runner/packmaster and dies.

Skaven are chaos-infused rats or some shit. They follow the horned Master Splinter who is basically a Chaos deity. They don't really buddy with Chaos fags too often, but they did to topple mankind or something so you fight both them and chaos. It's random who is the most common or where on the maps.

The beastmen and chaos in general consider skaven to be disgusting vermin. Even in the End Times the other gods don't respect the horned rat at all.

Watched a couple vids and everything is evaporating at a touch, even the non-chaff. I assume these ecelebs are playing on journo difficulty, but did the original Vermintide have a decent hard mode (not too easy/not too spongy)?

Cataclysm was pretty tough, especially with shitty randos but all the other difficulty levels were kind of easy

The video I saw had the elf chick wailing on the big chaos dude with her spear forever. I'm more worried about sponginess.

Also when is open beta? Cause I'm hearing mixed opinions here that they both ruined it or improved it and would like to see for myself.

Was he armored? Was she hitting his head? She might have just not been doing damage.

Yeah he was the big armored guy, didn't really notice where she was poking. That seems likely. Also assuming bombs return, most people will just nuke the armored units like in the first game.

This. Google is surprisingly vague

heard a player character line about finding bombs in one of the vids

Subhuman.
And dont put Freya together with Skaven scumits a crime to gather with such vermin

I played the closed beta. Here's what I can gather:

The environments (at least the ones I played) are much bigger and more open, meaning that it's much easier to get surrounded by sheer numbers. Where fighting in VT1 was mitigated to the insides of houses or narrow corridors, most of the fighting in this one takes place in open fields or massive castle interiors.

The new specials are good, but the new uncommons are what step up the difficulty. There are basic enemies that run around with shields who soak up melee hits, and berserker-like enemies who combo their blows. There are also Stormvermin who run around with shields as well.

The new specials are:

Are they sexy?

As for the special abilities, I only played Kruber, so there's not much I can add. The abilities range in their uses and effectiveness, the least useful ones tend to be the cloaks, while the knockdown abilities are what see the most use. Webm related. The dwarf has something similar to this but instead of charging, he fucking leaps 20 feet through the air. It can actually be used to jump sizable gaps, which is hilarious.

Each career starts with a passive ability and an active special ability. As your character gains levels, you unlock more passives/statboosts for that career. They tend to vary in effectiveness, but the cool thing is you can change careers/skills at anytime, so if you don't like one skill combo, you can switch to another.

The loot you get at the end of each mission has also changed, instead of rolling for your loot, you instead get a chest that increases in rarity depending on your skill, being how well you did, how many tomes/grims you collected, and so on. Each chest contains three items, so you always get something. They've also added shit such as weapon crafting, smelting weapons/items for scrap that can be used to make new, cooler shit.

Also instead of the starting area being the Red Moon Inn, it's now the inside of these castle ruins, which look really cool, and has more shit to explore, but it lacks the comfy warmth of the old Tavern.

Skaven aren't sexy, but knowing your ilk, you'd probably get your rocks off to them anyways.

This is just more of that propaganda to keep people from finding the truth out about skaven females. Clan Sniek will prevail!

Are you seriously implying there is anything wrong with a petrification fetish?

Wouldn't skaven females be uber sluts with gaping birth canals?

yes they would.

this is confusing and disgusting.

This. You can't use PUGs in this game so it is useless unless you have a dedicated group.

Tested it only for a day but it seems to be pretty much like the first one with minor improvements to the loot system, skill system thats seems pretty ok and might help the game stay interesting for longer.
I think it all hinges on how much maps they have since no matter how interesting characters or skills you make, if you have to play them on the same 4-6 boring maps its going to be shit no matter what.
They really need to release the tools they use to make maps and give it to the players, steam workshop would atleast triple the replayability of the game.

No.

Leave and never return.

I play Vermintide 1 with randoms and it usually works fine if they're all in the game at the beginning.

Didn't they say that Vermintide 2 wouldn't have Denuvo?

You seriously gonna do this every fuckin thread?

I suppose by now the rando mouthbreathers already left for another game but in the beginning was unplayable.

Pre-launch beta is supposed to have started by now but they're having problems apparently. But once it does start, they said they are hoping not to wipe progress any more.

Beta download seems to be up now. Not sure if it works yet, will have to confirm later.

sooo servers are down, and i've got a birthday party to go to in two hours.

HURRY UP I WANNA WASTE RATS

Just sum it up by saying you're fighting Clan Pestilens and the forces of Nurgle this time around.
The enemies people have probably been wanting in a Warhammer game forever.

Is it just a PC thing?

Well, on PC it seems to be fine. I've played the xbox version and it was unbearable with the kinect retards.

The Eggbox has players?

Anyone have an extra key from pre-order? I would play with you all the time and I'm not a shitter, I promise.

Should I be downloading the test client or normal client from Steam?

delete the beta client and install verm 2 for open beta

Okay, I guess I better just pick something else for Victor.

Normal. Closed Test is obsolete, uninstall it.

As far as I know, yes.

That beta is over now. You can only play if you pre-order the game.

Install the normal client. Closed test is ded.

I've never played V1, but goddamn V2 is a ton of fun. Impaling hordes of ratscum with a giant halberd is amazing

Is this the "open" beta people were talking about? Do subhumans not know what words mean anymore?

Games like these are only entertaining if you do something like force players to retain an enema and they are not allowed to expel until they complete the mission.

A new (((twitch))) phenomena in the making

You know I am probably going to regret meme'ing it into existence. There will be no doubt some twitch degenerates that would do that if they think it will boost their viewer count

Enematide confirmed!

ah shit

That's not allowed

Papa Nurgle would be proud

I didn't want to get dubs

Game will be a literal shitshow.

Sienna could use some buffs all around. Her staff weapons are too slow and too weak compared to the insta kill ranged weapons of the other classes. The exception is her flamethrower which is fantastic and the one thing she has over the others.

Rat love

Where's the race of Frogmen in Warhammer Fantasy?

that'd be lustria, user

I'd kill to have just one match with no stinking elf present.

Can you mute individual characters or even all character chatter? Elf VA is dissuading me from even getting the game, so fucking annoying.

Lumbahfahts

Its like they really hate his guns and ofcourse the fucking elf is OP, again.

I meant to say its weak as shit.

I love these images.

The Dorf would like a word with you. Also, Unchained Sienna and the level 7 Sienna are amazing.

Nigger. Zalty at 15-25% HP can contend and possibly surpass a slayer and an unbuffed hunter Kruber in damage dealt. Damage dealt as in downing a boss in under 5 seconds.

Try using the falchion or the flail. or try not being shit

no thanks

I still don't have the achievement for playing a single game with the ELF in V1. Let's see if I can follow that trend in this game.

I played exclusively with randos and that's how I got good. Friends are a crutch for weaklings

She's fun as fuck to play though

Step up

As far as i could tell, the rapier pistol does the same damage as the dualies, so the only disadvantage is having to aim it with only the center-screen dot and wonky keybinding on some setups.
Maybe Saltzpyre's other ranged options got buffed, but i'll miss classic brace of pistols.

Shoo, shoo, away with you elf internet defense force.

I wouldn't know

Im very jelly,i could find like a decent pub to play on nightmare for a couple missions,and that was rare,but fuck man for cata

The brace of pistols with puncture, haste, and hail of doom was ridiculously fun to play with. Good for rat ogres, chieftains, stormvermin packs (sip a strength potion and you basically columbine an entire 14+ pack with headshots), regular packs- they were way more accurate than they had any right to be. You could snipe most specials with headshots at nearly any distance. Ping special, tap head, problem solved. Bonus points because reddit faggot randoms would bitch and moan over you not using the meme fidget spinner shitpistol that required reloading every single time you wanted to kill a stormvermin, because hitting headshots is hard or something if you're a soylent sipping cake boy.
Hell, doing ANYTHING against the boring meta of kruber haste repeater+kerillian trueflight+SP repeater crossbow+greataxe bardin was enough to get most autists upset. Cata pubbing with tryhards was ultimately just solo play with 3 other people shuffling across the floor using swift strider.
Taking double potion dupe using the wine trinket+kike box and masterbrew vials, getting six speed potions in a row and causing the autist solo elf to fall behind is a treasure which likely won't be seen again in VT2 for a while.

Why? Whose idea was that and why isn't he drawn and quartered

Good at carrying a bunch of mouthbreathers I guess. How is that fun?

thats a pretty shitty trait on the drake gun, unless theyve changed it or you can get different orange traits, the one I unlocked had your attcks do 30% less overcharge

is sienna gud or nah later in the game? i like her and i was wondering if she's useful later too

I would wait, right now she is the most meh of characters.
Barely any of her staves are worth using and half her melee options are just crap.
That is not to say she can't be fun or do well in a fight it's just that she weaker compared to the others the same way everyone is weaker than the Waystalker cunt.

I am complaining about how shit his weapons are dingus. Just like in the first game his rapier was great since it could attack fast to stunlock enemies and could quickly be used to shove and dodge backwards effectively walling off against a wave.

While some weapons priotize damage, they lack crowd control. Also I found out meleeing after a rapier shot can reset the animation quicker.

I tried the flail, way too slow with the attack animation to handle a crowd unlike the rapier, falchion is suprisingly okay, its like the zweihander only faster. You elf loving shit.

I thought only Ultramarines were girls?

Friend told me about closed beta and we got keys. Once i played 3 games i immediately knew all the tryhards will go for elf even though i didn't play her myself. It was fun watching them making the same fucking mistake: tunnelvision sniping few far away targets resulting in getting caught by special monster. Every fucking time

This is just a fenrisian girl with some dress up.
The Ultramarines aren't women they are merely pussies.

Fatshark just can't stop rimming her even to the detriment of not only other classes but her alternative careers.
As of now her passive regen has been reduced but she is still picked most of all.
Handmaiden is still fucking useless and shade is played by like 5 people total.
I am going to make sure she is either gagged or removed from any of my games.

I play her along with kruber and bardin, She's definately OP but pubbies are too retarded to use her as a speedy set. THe swift bow gets 100 arrows with her double quiver passive, melting bosses and letting you clear hordes with quickfire spam. And with the passive attack speed increase you can just cut a path through ratties using sword/dagger

No, there's no kinect feature, I meant that those who were playing the game had their kinect connected to the console so it acted as a shitty microphone that transmits every noise in a room including the sound coming from their tv.

Eat rat poison, rat fucking traitor.

looks like another boring console snoozefest game

I never played her and won't bother.
I have tested everyone else out though and they are all fun in their way.
Although Victors careers seem to not really give him a lot of variety in playstyle as he still gets all the weapons for every one, the difference being only in his active and passives.
He isn't bad but but more could be done to fleshen the other careers out.
I also hate how fucking OP the Halberd is for Kruber, it makes fighting with the arming sword and other weapons feel like you are gently swiping around instead of fighting.
Additionally, is it too much to ask to get the 2H Human swords something other to do than autistically swing left and right?

Any fags from EU region wanna group up?

You realise rapier + pistol was nerfed when this beta wave came? It doesn't fucking kill even skavenslaves or clanrats reliably, and since rapier also feels even weaker at melee compared to alternatives than before, it's fucking useless. Just take falchion, greatsword or axe instead. Maybe even flail if it's better than it was before. Rapier's absolutely dead.

So they going to nerf fun and make in Spongetide II?

The Rapier is still the best damage cc weapon Victor will ever have not to mention that fixes and re-balancing are still happening.
This is still a beta, afterall.

And you didn't experience the same on PC? Did slave and hue niggers finally learn to use p2t?

Nope. I've only played the game less than 10 times and I was always teamed up with relatively experienced players who saw my low character level and stayed close to me. Maybe I was lucky.
About the slavs, I encounters a lot of them on the 4-player co-op mode of Far Cry 3. They always have their shitty mic open and they rush the missions on harder difficulties only to die a km away from the group. I like FC3 but I fucking hate these kind of players.

Why are you against enjoying the feeling of going sanic fast decapitating ratties while chugging speed potions

It's incredibly satisfying and the added challenge is fun

I miss the clanking so much that was such good shit posting

I fund it much more satisfying to play with friends and try not to get hit once.
Also elves are heresy.

The 2H swords are meant for crowd control and wide left/right swings help with that. That said 1H anything without a shield is fucking pointless. I don't even know why the devs bothered and I'm filled with rage every time I see one as a reward. Hammer is great though it fucks up stormvermin and chaos warriors. Although I have no idea why the the regular hits get armor pen with it, but the charged swings that normally is used to fight armor gets no bonus with hammer. It actually does less damage wtf.

Just got it and didn't play the first. Can anyone explain optimal loot jewery? Should I be saving chests for later or opening as soon as I get?
And is it safe to just salvage all my trash?

Rapier is like the elfs sword and dagger.
It's fast, swipe a lot. It's good enough when handling waves, do a quick 3 or 4 swipes, then in one motion guard, push, dodge backwards. thats pretty much the best way to kite and fending off a wave.

Managed to do this when running solo. But it's a real bitch since he ain't not kerillian.

Loots whenever you want. Depending on the colour of the weapon, white being common trash, green is ok, blue is better, orange is exotic and I think theres a red but thats higher difficulty stuff.

In the first game Exotic weapons were powerful, but for some reason they feel weaker, having to test them out I am finding that an exotic flail sometimes has to hit the skinny weak chaos enemies twice. On Recruit difficult no less.

I am not sure if power applies to weapon damage now and being exotic just has bonus buffs.

The shieldless sword is somewhat faster, at least in V1, here it's not noticable.
The 2H Hammers light attack is single target and armor piercing. To make up for that its charge attacks are weaker but can hit almost a dozen enemies in one go. I really like both aspects of the hammer and will gladly sacrifice shield and speed for what it offers.

feels weird man

sage for offtopic

This game looks fun but it looks more or less the same from the first game. Is it worth it? I don't want to give (((Games Workshop))) more money than I have to.

Hey fun fact, the stuff in rat poison is the same shit we use to prevent heart attacks and strokes in humans. Its pretty much the go to anticoagulant so a fuck ton of the population is eating/taking rat poison.

t. pharmfag

The game adds a much needed dose of enemy variety and is trying to vary the missions up some more. The increased character customization via classes and talents unlocked by carrot on a stick grinding helps in keeping the game feeling like it's worth playing.

It is a definite improvement but the core gameplay is still very much the same except with added special abilities.

I may just buy it once the inevitable patch happens, then.

I hope you fuckers are saving your commendation chests until you are max level and have at least one item with power score 300. Otherwise you're dumb and gay.

lol

Same, at best I could get 2 friends on but none of them had cata-level gear so it was unnecessarily difficult. I only ever finished a few rounds of cata with pubs, and I had to play Dwarf because it was the only way I could carry the fucking team (shield+axe had unbelievable crowd control). Also does no one know how to fight fucking rat ogres? 3 men down on ogres all the time and I'd be left soloing them, which is fine and all, but the gutter rat that comes afterwards is an instant game over.

Just wait, once all the dwarf players level out of ranger and specials stop dropping ammo, elf players who ride the bow to victory are going to feel the pain.

Completely agree, it's still the same core gameplay, but with a considerably better reward structure. Basically if you hated the dice roll trash but loved the game, it's worth it. But if you don't want more rat smashing, don't bother, because it's still rat smashing.

No rush, there's still a very low possibility we get a progression wipe. Only time we get 100% guarantee is after launch.

Yeah, I would never buy a AAA game less than a month post release these days.

Yeah, no fucking shit. Did you even read? I said he can potentially deal as much damage with those shit weapons as the highest damage dealing classes in the game.
Again, play ZEALOTalty. Or just use the falchion.
That's his name. Salty = Saltzspire.

Reminder that when female rats want the dick when in heat, they vibrate their ears as a sexy dance for the male
Imagine her vibrating on your dick

They're pretty smart and you can teach them a variety of tricks, and if you change their cage litter on a regular basis they keep themselves very clean
Some countries use them to sniff out landmines and even detect cancer apparently.
Why rats are used in lab testing so much is partially because their inner workings are so similar to ours.

what the fuck
even shitty elf can't compete

"Salty" is what some people call the witch hunter, Victor Saltzpyre. Confusion is very understandable though.

Good man, that's the way to do it.

You can carry the whole team as an Ironbreaker. Only other character with decent crowd control is Kruber, but he's not as good as Bardin.

Ok, so? his buffs make the shit weapons deal more damage, falchion hits hard, I understand this.

The topic was about how shit his weapons are user, not his damage output. Like Kerrillians sword and dagger being amazing at fending off swarms whilst still being good all around. The animations he has are slow with most of his weapons and with some weapons that are designed against fighting swarms they are awful at it.

Having the zealot as my main and tryin out most weapons on the higher difficult, most weapons are not worth the risk since taking damage from even a minor swarm enemy can be huge punishment. Even when his high damage output weapons still require like 2 swings to finish off a mansized enemies, while with smaller weapons its only 3 or 4, and despite it having more attacks, it still gives me the option to avoid danger.

I am not saying you are wrong, I am merely stating the weapon issue.

Yep

Just because Jews look and act similar to us doesn't make them human.

Is Fatshark really considered AAA? They are still their own devs and publishers and their team isn't that big. Not to forget that none of the games is full price with aboslutely no attempt to include microstransactions.
I guess their game quality is AAA but then again the standards of those have already crashed with no survivors.

I'd say their firmly in the AA category. As for microtransactions the item crates sure do remind me of lootboxes :^)

So far I'm seeing absolutely no way to actually pay money for them and you get one every successful run. It's pretty much the same system as in the first one except getting three items instead of one of varying quality

They sure do but that is literally aesthetics.
The devs have said on and off camera that they never will do l00tboxes.
They are already successful with base game+DLC and only a group of utter and unsalvagable retards would have missed the whole debacle with EA, Activision and co. as partaining to microtransactions.

Nobody is saying rats are human, user. Shouldn't you be on Holla Forums claiming the latest mutt shooting is another false flag?

They're su fucking annoying.
The new system is
What is hero power, raw attack damage?
Why do i get trinkets that only have a higher number and some flavor text that's barely readable
Why do i need to stare at HURR DURR BOX SHAKING, GET HYPED, to get some worthless garbage
Why on normal i need to flail a single slave rat forever to kill it.

Any of you fucks got the death on the reik dlc for the first game? i still need to play that.

Fat Shark are nothing but big liars. They said Vermintide 2 would be getting dedicated server support early on and suddenly forgot about it. They also said in V1 they wanted to add in more playable characters and that never happened.

Whats the fucking point of balancing and nerfing a fucking PVE game? The player should always feel like they are the ones with the power. I find it retarded that alot of developers for these games bother nerfing characters/weapons.

Balancing
making the game fun to play where there's neither an enemy that's impossible or too easy to beat, or characters that are useless/stomp everything.

gid gud scrub

So one class isn't way too good while avoiding powercreep. It's not about nerfs, it's about them making sense. Elf's best class gets small touches, often to the items less commonly used, while half of Sienna's arsenal is wrecked despite three people altogether using her sorry ass. I don't understand anything.

More like get higher power level equipment. Or aim in the head.

should i just mash harder?

Imagine it's Dragon Ball. The rats will not fall to a kamehameha unless you get a higher power level by training. In this case, equipping better shit and maybe getting good talents.

Try headshots and not getting hit.

also play markus the mercenary, I think he is the best character to start the game with. his blunderbuss and greatsword are great crowd control.

but jews aren't cute.

GS is shit for anything with armor.

I understand wanting balance but this obsession with "proper" balance is, I think, related to SJWism that is infecting the industry at the moment, with their constant harping not just about equality, but equality of outcome.
Games used to be more fun. And sometimes, the more unbalanced the game was, the more fun it was. Now everything gets updated once a week to make minor adjustments to any fun that might be had because someone, somewhere, might be OP or oppressed by their choice of class-kin.
Shit fucking sucks.

It's actually not fun when your teammate kills everything and you don't get to contribute shit to the game. It's only fun for the guy who has the overpowered character/weapon/ability. In VT1 it was the auto-aim weapons and glaive pre-nerf, for example.

feels good man

This has nothing to do with the SJW. A class-based co-op game needs to be balanced, especially when it's a game where you can't pick the same class, weapons and abilities as your team-mates.

try playing on higher difficulties than recruit

still blowin out elfniggers on veteran
huntsman and ironbreaker hold a candle though

Why is it so good to be dorf?

If I upgrade weapon the power level increases? Should I postpone my upgrade until get more powerful weapons or do it now?

Forgot to add that the charged attack is also situationally amazing.
Utterly surrounded? Teammate on the ground in the middle of a seething horde? Need everything around you to be instantly dead?
Start tapping right mouse and spin in a fucking circle. Acts like a short range shotgun blast with a spread that's pretty much everything in front of you. Staggers everything it hits and does enough damage that even barbarians go down after two or three shots (on veteran, that is).
Saved my ass in multiple cases where I didn't even have room to wind up the hammer.
I'd actually call my CC abilities superior to having the drakegun now, since I can now clear a room even with six rats groping my hairy little ass.

You're a fucking idiot.

Because dorf.

And thats where the dwarf comes in with 2h hammer, axe or drakefire. You clear out the horde and he handles armor. Assuming the dwarf knows what he's doing. This is a teamwork game you're supposed to have roles and cover each other's weaknesses.

So turns out the rapier pistol is infact close range and the damage is pretty huge with it. if you swap out weapons you can rapid fire the rapier pistol making it a good boss killer.

So am I the only one that believes that Markus got the short end of the stick compared to the others?
He's fun to play and my favorite so far but god damn there's so much fat that needs trimming.

I would argue that BW is the one who gets the least love since fatty is trying to balance for her whole 'no ammo' thing. There is also the fact that her charge ability is absolutely horrible compared to everyone else's charge having just as good an effect, shorter recharge time, and they aren't prevented from using it on 90% of all game surfaces.
As for Kruber - I haven't played him, but my friend does and he seems to do really well with all three classes. Can't his ranger class destroy bosses? I think my friend was doing so with a longbow or something.

I want a rat waifu now…

Play Siesta, then you'll know what useless is.

Fuck off with your sjw mentality. Games dont have to pamper you constantly with "ur the best, the stronkest of them all" and whatever because you have life issues. There is hardly any merit to being a god that crushes ants.

Markus can actually one shot rat ogres in his hunter class.

probably a bug at the moment but I am seeing him clean them up with his F skill in seconds.

The Huntsman 300% damage increase is as broken as it is retarded they really have to tone it down or think of another ability.
Seeing him 3-shot a boss any difficulty is just annoying and idiotic.
In its own way it is more OP than the bloody fucking elf.

Aren't female skaven horrendous, gigantic, nightmare inducing abominations that only exist to breed?

Kek, they fixed the issue 20 minutes after my post, took them long enough though.

This whole time I was playing Sienna because I played her so much in the first one. Decided to switch off to the dorf because I saw he could get a flamethrower. Played with him with axe and shield and the double barrel and jesus fucking christ I felt so much more useful bashing the shit out of any ugly faggot that so much as looked at me

They are immobile breeding holes in the ground, yes.

life is good

It's pretty sad even in the first one dorf was a lot better than fire cunt but they still nerf her every chance they get.

It's pretty strange tho, the perk "headshot crits slay mansized enemies" doesnt work on higher difficulties, gotten plenty of headshot pokes on man sized chaos opponents and they take a lot of damage but I still need to follow up with one slash from the rapier to kill them.

probably only accounts for ranged headshot, even tho rapier pokes do count as headshots. Maybe a bug.

I think it does, when you go stab a dummy in the head you get some crazy dmg like 1400 or something with just 160-190 hero power.
Same heropower but using the dorf 2 handed mace gets me something like 750-600 dmg

Why are dwarves using the flamethrower? It seemed extremely sad when I tried it.

It's creat for CC and killing swarms, did you just use the shitty mouse1 puff?

It's brilliant at holding off a swarm.
Sienna with her flamethrower staff is great with it also, it barely builds up meter and it just melts swarm enemies.

you can pretty much solo an entire swarm if you bottle neck em.

I've been wondering what other stuff can the flamethrower staff do?

Well, it's good for being a wall against some skaven like the gutter ripper. You can do headshots with it. It's just a staff that barely builds up heat and keeps of firing for a long time.

Downside is that you can't kill anything strong with it and you have a short range and it blocks most of your view. might be best with her melee class, since then you can focus on having her melee strong to focus on the tougher enemies.

Of course I did, but it just seemed terrible when I could have a grudge raker in that slot that already has unlimited light/medium CC and great anti-special and boss damage at long range. It also has to compete with shields which provide unlimited radial heavy CC and heavy anti-armor damage with absolutely no downtime if you get those stamina regen talents. I can see a niche for them if you are relegated solely to CC and want the option of pushing a column, as well as using them simply because they are fun and you like them, but otherwise it seems better to have the versatility. I figure that the talent and decent traits make them much better though.

Apart from the massive cc the flamethrowers are useless.

I think the flamethrower would be a lot better if instead of having to charge up and then shoot you could just shoot.

Do you know what OP stands for in gaming, user?
Do you want me to tell you?
Honestly the light attack is a literal hot mess that can barely light a ciggarette let alone (((skaven))) but the charge attack already negates a whole direction of attack for the horde, especially if the caster is protected.
I will test it out some more to see how it feels and will think of how it could be made better without just tweaking damage numbers.
The arc or arcs of fire might be a point of improvement.

Fucking hate that. Why are elf players like that? Sure, assholes play other chars, but the elf players are so consistently just good enough to keep pace ahead and just bad enough to get caught.

Yeah, she wasn't doing any penetrating damage from what I remember.

Well shit I didn't know this I guess I just need to stop being shit.

well fug, but its for the best.

Why are there so many fucking shitty Warhammer games being released all the time?

Only ever tried him after this patch and he is still Kruber, meaning reliable above all.
Problem for me now, is not that he is either over or underpowered but rather that his ability is an unreliable de-aggro with a 150% damage boost and filter thrown on top.
Is this really the best they could think of for the ranger and huntsman?

They just nerfed the damn weapon for her. WHY.

Also they added a new mission and a boss to it.

I actually like the smoke bomb for the dwarf. It let's me clear waves, kill armor, and help revive allies without getting killed.

Just got the staff for sienna and I have to say its a ton shittier than the dwarfs drakegun.
Fatshark are a bunch of fucking idiots holy shit, dwarf is a lot better in melee and has more survivability than sienna and they nerf siennas staff that is allready shittier than the drake gun?
Just fuck my shit up.

The mission is interesting but the boss goes down quicker than most other bosses even though his attacks are interesting.
A champion of Nurgle should be tankier than 2 trolls combined.

I only use him until I get the other careers though I can see what you mean.
My biggest gripe was the inconsistency of the de-aggro and the fact that it is often a 'get out of shit' card though I suppose you can use aggressively if you like taking risks.

Well they also fucking finally reduced the insane amounts of damage she would get from venting making the process less attractive than a hit by nurgle warrior.
I think FS are just scared of her potential OP-ness which is quite ironic considering the constant rimming they give the waystalker cunt,

And I dont understand how fucking blind they can be, in my 30 or so random matches I've seen Sienna 2 times, 2 fucking times.
Elf, dwarf and Kruber pretty much 100% pickrate.
Last player to join has to decide wether he wants to play the useless fire harpy or salty.

How retarded do you have to be to nerf a character barely nobody plays? Do they balance the game by watching some l33t youtube videos where someone solo's using Sienna or something?

I don't even see what the point of a de-aggro is for Kruber when the whole point of the character is get in and fuck shit up. If anything I want him to have more shotgun like weapons and have his ability reduce spread or increase penetration to bring maximum pain.

RIP flamethrower builds, cant do the combo chain anymore and sienna is even more borked than bardin/ her full charge doesnt last as long as bardins flamethrower

I know, just tested it a while ago and I cant believe that bardins flamer generates less heat while having a longer burst of flame, just amazing.
And the worst part is instead of buffing Siennas staff, next its going to be bardins drake gun on the chopping block.
I guess they're determined to stamp out any and all fun playstyles.

like ive said before though, her second class can still get incredibly OP if you stack special recharge on her, since its already the fastest recharging special ingame and I have 70% recharge on her through trinkets, she can spam the special killer homing bolt every few seconds. RIP though, the flamethrower really helped build that special charge since every hit filled up the meter

Not even Fatshark is buying this bullshit they are only trying to sell it.

It's just a beta

I'm not a furry but I'd a rat.

Yes you are

Well maybe nerf the trinkets and not just make all of her staffs garbage one at a time.

Didnt todays patch just nerf it?

I don't know what they're trying to do here, it's like someone there really hates Sienna but cannot stop masturbating to Kerillian.

Apparently they did buff her fireball and beams staff but in the wrong ways in my optinion, they buffed their short range attacks not their long range

They way they are balanced it's half the fucking devteam from what I can see.

Been playing Shade with waywatcher daggers for a while and apparently they do damage over time but for the love of me I cant find out how to use it. Or if its passive, its a very subtle one. Anyone here knows about this?

Not to mention beam staff is still broken. Mouse2 attack after charing the beam does nothing.

They changed the input for it. I think you get the shotgun blast from combining left+right click now, but it used to be different.
Its in an older patchnote not too long ago.

I mean you can still play good sienna even with the nerf but her potential has been capped severly with these retarded changes. Pic related just finished a double grim run

Nice dubs, but you realise it's pretty easy to conclude which one of these is you?

So I gave Hunter Kruber another go and have to say his damage buff makes him broke as shit. Also it seems the nerf is either bugged or not implemented yet since I was able to dumpster the champion in 4-5 rounds of blunderbuss. I used the revolver rifle too and realized I have to hold right click to auto fire all eight shots.

I think he wants us to add him but is too shy to ask directly.

literally how?

this
also fuck captcha

you realise that the elf is built to kill but has little to no crowd control options? May look op in recruit but in anything harder where enemies down you in 10 hits and stop dying to a single sword swipe you start to appreciate having a handmaiden or a foot knight around. Then the elf's role is to finish enemies that are knocked back, coming from the back or specials from afar.

why not make a good 40k game, age of cuckmar is trashheap

this is fantasy not age of sigmar.

I dont think there even is an AoS videogame yet.

Anyone want to do some full book champion runs? I play WH.

You realize an Ironbreaker doing their job will have the lowest kills of the team, right?

fairly sure those are rangers not ironbreakers.

Mountain troll is the only correct answer.

You would actually get lost in her bush though

get a load of this fag.

Isn't their job to stand in front of everyone with a hammer? If so, I often have the most kills doing that without even taking drakegun.

Ironbreakers are meant to tank shit for others to make kills mostly, though of course they can do some of that too.

High Elf looks too alien so I take the Orc without hesitation.

Troll's maybe not bad too at the first glance, but those breasts seem a bit saggy, like they should be belonging to a granny. Or maybe they're placed a bit lower than they should be. Something seems very much off when I look at her so your taste's bad. Take Orc or go put a fork inside your stork.

Sorry but my taste is better than yours since the best choice is obviously the mountain troll instead of some orc more shredded than I am

Why do you want a nerf in a cooperative multiplayer game? Stop being so envious and cancerous you dumb bitch. It's this kind at attitude that ruins all kinds of shit for everybody all the time. Singleplayer games, co-op multiplayer games, regular multiplayer games, always ruined by fucking NERFS. Why the fuck should something be nerfed simply because it's not terrible? Why must everything be the same level of terrible as everything else?

Ah, you meant the MOUNTAIN Troll. The regular Troll looks very off. Mountain Troll looks very pretty because of her hair, but it's about four times your size. It might eat you in case of a food shortage to survive as might all the others, you might say, but a food shortage's more likely as she's fucking huge. In addition, if she gets too lazy to maintain her hair, her beauty will take heavy hits. I doubt there's any chance of offspring being created from this, too.

Oh hi Kerillian player, how's it going?

Standing out front with a hammer IS "tanking shit." You aren't supposed to just sit there and take hits, you get up in the middle of it and keep the front row of dudes permanently knocked down. This also happens to kill them after two or three swings.
Combine that with drakefire pistols/shotgun and you'll be a top tier tank who's also got loadsakills from CCing and his fair share of boss damage/special kills from his secondaries.

(1)
(You)

So who's doing the no-elf challenge this time around? The only way not to be a cock thirsty faggot from hell is to not play as elven scum.

Bullshit, it only affects his melee swings, retard.

You'll have to constantly change environment then. She's too fucking big and most animals will run away at the sight, and even if they won't, there is a finite amount of creatures around, and she's going to need eating… let's say, 2-3 cows a day, and that's me downplaying it hard. How much can a typical forest sustain her?
And do forget fighting her, she's four times taller than you and a mountain troll. Her skin might be too tough for you to pierce with a sword, who the fuck knows. Even if it's not, if she's intelligent - and her very hair maintenance and what seems like metal piercings imply she is - she can just not attack you with the sword and simply throw a tree or a rock at you. What will you do, send a fucking fireball to destroy a rock that's two times your size? If you're you, that's not happening. Also how will you even reach her eyes? You won't be able to jump that high. If you mean waiting until she goes to sleep to shank her, you're a backstabbing nigger who deserves none of the girls displayed. You'd be killing her while she still trusts you. Orcess is the only good choice. You always at least stand a chance, she's very pretty, can understand your needs better as you're at a similar size, you'll get more pleasure from sex as her entrances are not going to be way too fucking big, and she's way superior to trolless. Just fucking admit you want the M. Troll to use you as a buttplug as you jerk off, faggot, because there's no hole for you to stick your dick there.

Oh ye of little imagination.

You are.
You're fighting Nurgle united force. Clan Pestilent for the Skaven (first game skavens + Plague Monks and Warpfire Thrower) and an assorted nasties of Chaos Nurgle themed (Northmen, Chaos warriors of Nurgle, Chaos Sorcerers of Nurgle, etc…).

Skaven follow the Horned rat (a minor Chaos God, which becomes a major one at the end of that period in WFB) those that follow Nurgle are actually skaven heretics…

It's ok, drake gun got nerfed hard anyway. You made the right choice it seems.

fatshark seem to have the retarded notion that this is a PVP game and everything needs to be nerfed to the same level instead of weak shit buffed to an equal level
Still having fun playing flame sienna though even after getting assfucked by the patch. Shame Its not viable for champion anymore and have to use my fireball staff instead

orcs are fantasy niggers

Wasn't nerfed hard at all. It's almost identical to what it was like in the closed beta.

Not much you can expect from fatshark considering they listen to crybaby shitters.
And these same shitters will eventually get carried into veteran/champion and complain about that. they're also the same faggots that whine about how "OP" something is. the irony is fucking palpable

this
fucking shill op

I got 12 hours out of the game and was still entitled to an automatic refund by steam because it isn't technically out yet. May as well be open.

This. Game hasn't been released yet, so trying it out has no risk. If you're on the fence just buy it and play the beta, and if you don't like it refund it before March 8th

So playing sieanna for quite a while now.
Her best staff has to be the fireball staff. It pierces through swarms, can stun mostly anything including big enemies, but not bosses.

It also barely uses up any heat so you can spam 3 right click fireballs and still be in the grey.

No doubt it will get nerfed.

I've been using the drakegun for a bit and it's decent fun but it really makes me lack any range. I just got some drakepistols too, are they any good? Being an Ironbreaker doesn't give much ammo for the other weapons

It's actually a command telling betas to pre-order.

It does? I do randoms all the time in V1

my friend is fucking terrible and cant get a clue, I'd rather try my luck with randoms because sometimes you get really good people that communicate than a mouth breathing retard who cant follow instructions.
I should get better friends

Yeah, well, one time I killed a bile troll while scratching my taint with one hand

dubs checked and keked

Huntsman Kruber is supposed to stay out of the think of the fight and snipe specials and bosses.
Both of his other careers are for getting right into the thick of it and killing anything that is dirtier than you are.

Use Wire if the Holla Forums Mumble isn't good enough for you, faggot.

Drake pistols are good. Helps you clean up trash while moving.

I am fully aware that me playing ironbreaker is the only reason some of my pub teams made it. I don't know how they aren't more embarrassed by their incredible lack of skill, talent, luck, and hope.

I get the feel that its because most pubs dont learn the enemies. 90% of people I see just facetank chaos warrior hits instead of dodging to the side, same with bosses, the best they do is block but that doesnt really work after the first hit.
You know you're doing something wrong if rapier saltsy is the last guy standing.

I generally facetank chaos warrior but then again I'm an ironbabby with hammer and shield. I'm doing it purely so he won't focus the rest and they can wail on him.

I do a combination of blocking, dodging and jumping in the air with my (2h) hammer strikes trying to bop him on the noggin. Cleans him up surprisingly quickly (when your pubs are too shit to do that job themselves).
I've tried hammer+shield and while the control is phenomenal, I feel like the lack of armor pen puts you at a disadvantage when pubbing. It's not unusual to find myself as last man standing, and without 2h hammer's ability to take down chaos warriors/stormvermin/etc., I would've been fucked. Even backed into a corner I can generally shove + charged swing enough times to clear enough space to start chaining those charged swings and break out/thin hordes down to mop up phase. It's also killier with its CC, which is good since many pub groups are also shit at that.
But hammer/shield could be superior in organized groups with good anti-armor ability outside of yourself, for knocking back an overwhelming surround much faster with shield bashes than hammer's push + charge can.

ok this is just fucking wrong.
i have hundreds of hours in vt1 as a salty main.
falchion is lackluster as fuck now
rapier is better than falchion because of the high attack speed and high crit rate, while having enough cleave to deal with hordes effectively.
the rapier charge to the face does such a ridiculous amount of damage and the headshot damage is unreal on regular swings.
rapier pistol can stagger specials and is great as an initiation tool.
falchion was godlike in vt1, but this is vt2 nigger

ur using the flail wrong, you're supposed to charge attack hordes with it and take down shield vermin with the autos, as the flail does damage through shields

Yes they are indeed women

How is windowed mode/resolution options?

Is rapier the best, or are others competitive? I'm pretty new, but so far I found Falchion meh, Greatsword shit, Axe/Rapier good and Flail okay. Any ranged recommendations?

rapier is best from my experience, with the fast attack speed you can just stun most small enemies, with the pistol you can kill the tougher ones.

If you're a zealot 25 the fast attack speed will be very beneficial if you get the perk to gain 2 health per hit, since its wide swings and attack speed will rake in so much health, stacking that with health on kills you can pretty much keep your health full on white and give yourself enough time to fully recharge your invincibility passive.

I love bounty hounter saltspyre with rapier & volley crossbow. Honestly, volley crossbow, crossbow, or pistols, it doesn't matter that much to me because I only pull them out really to deal with specials and they can all kill them fast enough. I just pick whichever blue/green has the most power as I am leveling up my hero power. I just prefer the volley crossbow because you can guarantee 3 of those shots to be a critical when you hold RMB and fire.

I've tried flail, axe, falchion- they all suck. With rapier you gotta go for headshots, and its fast to swing at trash and stagger them a little, and for dealing with armored types, stab in the face repeatedly.

For bosses you can easily chunk 1/3 - 1/5 of their HP if you headshot it, and if you save a potion of concentration or strength, it's very helpful to use those.

I've also noticed I start to hold block more often and hold LMB to do this parry-swing to stagger chosen or armored ones to start out. Didn't know about it for awhile and was just pushing with block and tap LMB. Going around holding block prevents the little 1 rats from coming up behind you and doing damage.

I havn't tried repeater pistol but you can burst fire that, so probably all (8?) bullets will be loaded as crits if you want to shotgun blast a boss in the face

I'm salty main from earlier.

The level 25 perk for health on hit on zealot is currently broken. You don't receive the attack speed bonus from his first while using it.

Better choice atm is the 10 second attack speed, matched up with the health on critical talent for level 20 you become an unstoppable machine.

For farming I use zealot, but for real runs, like true solo or duo fullbook lord runs, I use witch hunter, because a critical to the face is an instant kill, working the same if not better than killing blow did in vt1

Feel free to ask me any questions about saltzpyre weapons or strats

Warms my heart to see you guys still posting this.
If the sequel is any good I'll play and draw some more.

They nerfed flamethrowers, this is upsetting.

Though to be honest I've seen more siennas than krubers.

Yeah, a decent amount of the pubs I was in were actually decent at the game so I was mostly just doing my tank role without having to actually also be DPS king.

Is it really suprising
This game is Nurgle focused and in terms of fire you associate it most with Tzeentch What seeing as two of his daemons are fucking fire balls

Why rats are used in lab testing so much is partially because their inner workings are so similar to ours.
I fucking knew it this whole time Jews could transform into rats like Vampires into bats

And if you don't know Tzeentch and Nurgle hate each other

Wouldn't some sort of toxic sludge spray have been better for that Skaven special then?

that's not a unit, but Skryr has flamethrowers and really in the end of the world it matters less

N-No! I-It's not like I want to be your friend, or anything!

Is the rapier really the best melee for Zealot? I've been getting a lot of enjoyment out of using the flail, since you can waste clusters of shields in a few swings, that, and it feels amazing to go full fucking Flagellant, but if the rapier works better for getting heath back, I might just switch over to that.

flail is slower then the rapier, and attack speed is good enough to stun swarms, with the flail after 2 hit you do an overhead attack and if you focus on charging up the melee swings, you're attacking even slower and thats not gonna kill a swarm fast enough, nor is it going to be fast enough to keep you on your toes since you will be desperately trying to make some distance and using your team to block their path.

With the rapier you can atleast hold a swarm off yourself if you're good enough. The constant slashing never stops also and is easy to cut off heads aswell as have a pretty decent wide slicing angle. Also the attack speed will help proc crits if needed.

Flail against shield and pushing over enemies seems to be the best part of it, but with the rapier shield enemies will just get stunned by the constant slashing, and if you get around them or throw their shield off with the quick slashes you can just finish them in one or two shots with a rapier pistol.

right BUT

the real reason why the flail is garbage in my opinion - you cant block cancel swings easily.

the first two attacks are cleaves, while the last two strikes are overhead single target attacks and it doesn't attack fast enough to be viable to use all 4 attacks - hence why you just mainly use the charge attack since you can charge it up infinitely and it has good cleave and good damage.

Rapier has so much shit going for it, unless the falchion gets something soon, im going to be using it for a while.

also on rapier vs shields…
the rapier's charged attack has a mini dash attached to it, so you can charge attack to force the shield user to block, while continuing to charge attack all the way around his frontal shield and kill him from behind.
they are stun locked the entire time you are charge attacking them

Rapiers light moveset and speed allow you to deal with hordes while charged attacks and the pistol on it allow you to deal with mid size enemies easily.

Nuln repeater, volley xbow, and brace of pistols are all solid choices. Volley has piercing so you can throw 3 crit bolts through a hordes, nuln allows you to dump 8 crit shots into a target, and brace of pistols is just a nice all-rounder.

The only correct answer is all of them at the same time.

Fucking thumbnail but whatever

Is this a Brian Swords of York thread? he's still alive, made this image, and has a furaffinity and deviantart and whatnot in his early 50's

pic related

The licensing jews strike again. How long until they start purging "toxic" players?

This should be illegal

How am I supposed to play non-huntsman Kruber? As huntsman I'm usually near or at the top of my squad but with mercenary or foot knight I can only outperform pubs.

Kruber's 3 classes are an overall damage dealer, a boss killer and a good tank in that order. Huntsman is mediocre as fuck in everything but his ability to bosskill

I know what the supposed roles of the classes are. I just feel that as huntsman, I'm able to do mercenary's role as well because what I lose in melee capability, I gain in ranged. Additionally, foot knight just seems like a poor man's iron breaker to me.
I don't feel useful when I play the non-huntsman classes.

Sounds like you're just trash and relying on the huntsman ability crutch, and also obsessing over the final green rings like a cuck over his first chastity lock.

Just played a few games with a kruber doing this shit. He said his blunderbuss was level 353 but still wasted bosses in a few shots. Something still isn't right or there's another nerf incoming.

You'll keep all your stuff. Also full game is out.

And they still haven't fixed the UI for 4K
pictureforants.jpg