Have any of you played this? I liked FTL

have any of you played this? I liked FTL

Shit indie shit, fuck off.

shoo shoo trannypol

Isn't there already a thread?
Is there lewds of the robot?

did it pull a mechwarrior or what?

So fucking what shill?
Are you comparing this grid-based, turn-based game, with FTL, a real-time game with free movement.
Ffs, i hope you get fired

REEEEEE

What?

most of the cast is subhumans and ✡️they✡️ made the very few whites into retards
its blatant anti white propoganda

The fuck are you talking about?

honestly it just doesn't look very interesting

Yeah I don't understand what your point is. They're the devs of both games, and he's saying he liked their last one and wants to give this game a shot but he is not sure.

If we're talking about games that Holla Forums never brings up, has anybody played Pyre? I'm not too far in, but I've never really played a game like this before since I was never into sports vidya. It's a shame that the roster is so unbalanced, though.

i got it on my wishlist for now, it looks interesting, may wait for it to go on sale cuz *broke ass dude* lol or possibly this payday depending on gameplay vids and the like

Okay, that's one way to get me to download it, thanks for the reverse psychology shilling

Fuck off reverse reverse psychology shill!

Would it kill you to put some effort in when making the thread, OP? This is the second or third 'have you played this' thread about this game in so many days. You just give ammunition to retarded cunts like

"FTL mechanics being the complete opposite of this shit game"
There, happy?
On FTL combat is real-time, not turn based.
And you can move your tripulation freely, it's not based strictly on grid movement.

Thus i was pointing out that OP including
when the new game doesn't have the same "pace" as FTL is like comparing apples to oranges

it's been shilled on here afew times, it isn't just one thread it's literal repeat of the same thread with tons of >(1) posts in it for afew weeks now

whats a sage?

Put sage in the email field and you'll basically not bump any thread you post in, guys like him treat it as a downboat so he thinks putting it in more then one field doesn't make him look like a screeching autist.

And to clarify with being the same devs:
I wouldn't have hope with a pizza made by a sushi chef.
These games are different genres.

Well, the game literally came out today, so I don't know what to tell you if you were expecting at least one new thread

Just watch a stream of it if you want, you'll learn what you want to from that. You can bring back one of your pilots from your current playthrough into the next one (if they all don't die, in which case the mechs are controlled by AI pilots that lose some special bonuses assigned to them). Winning is usually a mix of brute forcing and manipulating the environment to your advantage, like dunking them in the water or setting where they're about to burrow up from the ground on fire, which is my personal favorite. Eventually you can move on from the starter squad of mechs and choose another one with their own niches, but I think I fucked myself with the one I chose.

Completely forgot about this game, but now i must play it.
I hope they still have the touch and the game has that sweet replay value.

FTL wasn't real time. Counter-sage deployed

so what? we didn't need the threads leading up to it which also had lazy ops using the same image

But FTL was grid based

sage

did i do it right?

did you play the same game as me?

so what? when Transistor came out I had some expectations set up based on how much I liked Bastion, they are different games, but the devs left a pretty good impression with their first release

Okay?
I just think you niggers are complaining over nothing, I pirated and installed the game in the 8 minutes it took since I first posted

Yes, it allows pausing and it's clearly tick based

nah I don't like straight up shill threads on my board, if you're going to shill your game get a dev to bloody talk with us to go indepth in a q&a rather then shitty pajeets poking the board everyonce in awhile with no real intention of actually discussing the game

ticks and pausing isn't taking turns

I will try it this weekend before I buy and get back to you're shit thread, maybe.

The OP is discussing the game, and even if he was one and done that wouldn't stop us from talking about it, which considering the post count, is definitely true

cept you're not talking about it, you're just damage controlling

What anime is that from anyway?

an old wise man

when it's not your turn in a turn based game, you cannot change anything of what you did on your turn during the opponent's turn

Mark

Fair enough, I should stop replying to bait, that's my bad

duh
FLAMIN'

What's that got to do with my post? I'm pointing out his COD comparison is retarded. Pausing doesn't mean the same thing across every game.

you're correct in that it is COD isn't a very good comparison but a decent one would be this and tbh that'd just bring more shitposting

I think I'm retarded

Yeah that'd be more apt probably. Also why the fuck is this new game Windows only? It should be trivial to port.

it's probably down to costs, they just didn't deem it worth paying another company to do that since EA does not retrain it's employees unless you're high up enough. back on topic though, Chris Avellone is the writer of into the breach? could that guy fuck off already

I meant Into The Breach being Windows only, if I wasn't clear.

it's not though?

It's only available for Windows right now and other platforms have no ETA.

It takes some getting used to, you don't have to wipe the Vek off the map or get all of the bonus objectives every map. Preserving your grid is definitely a priority. Body block for the cities with your beefier mechs if you have to and throw the bugs around so they're hitting each other or nothing at all.

Which gets back to my original point: it should be fucking trivial to port such a simple 2D game.

nowerdays it's not such a simple thing but I agree with you all the same tbh

So how is it?

You're my favorite type of retard.

Yeah I understand all that, I'm just really shitty at thinking things through before I do them
At least three times per mission I'll make a move and immediately regret it

I bet you actually bought the game

Share the fucking game already

Damn who is this trap

If you absolutely need to be spoonfed, you could use google

>>>/cuckchan/

Well I'm not going to google it for you, you dumb nigger

We don't discuss games here bucko

Didnt this game had white genocide propaganda?

It's one of those games designed around limiting you like fuck at the beginning and making you unlock things as slowly as possible. You pray to the RNG gods that a mission spawns a pod that can grant you upgrades and unlock new characters as you play so you can actually expand your tactical options. Then when you eventually die, which you would because you hardly had any options to optimize your squad configuration, you carry over one character by sending him back in time and lose everything else.

There's no point in making this a mech game, it could have had an ancient Chinese theme and the game would still work the same. Most tactical mecha games involve far more customization than this game offers and they're not dependent on RNG or how much you replay the game.

Is there a working torrent or something? Because I would like to play it and then form my shitty opinion no one asked for

They're barely even "mechs" in the first place, they call them all mechs but half of them are just regular ass vehicles or weaponry, really dumb art choice
Also, those pods are the only thing really involving RNG in the entire game, every time I've lost so far it's been because of fuck ups I've made

Yes

Every fucking thing on your computer is tick based .And you know why that is?
BECAUSE THAT IS HOW A CPU WORKS
Learn your fucking terminology before going around trying to sound like you know shit.

I had fun when they released the extra difficulty that removed savescumming and forced you to activate titan stars, it really beat it over my head that I needed to git gud.

PUBG is a roguelike because

Look i can do it took

Filter this retard, the game barely fucking has characters and all your contacts to far are white.
This SA faggot larping as Holla Forums has never played the game.

It's pretty good tbh. Nothing groundbreaking but a fun sorta puzzle game. It's not about killing the enemies as much as it's about defending the city for a set amount of time. It's sometimes a good idea to have your mechs take damage since they get repaired in between maps but the damage to the city hurts you in the long run. You can also stand where the enemy is spawning to block them for one turn in exchange for one damage. You unlock a bunch of new mech squads and it lets you make a squad out of any mechs you have so you can make borderline cheating loadouts.

Learn how computers actually work before you decide to air your ignorance

Just bought it earlier today, started on Easy difficulty to feel things out and won my first campaign with some genuinely challenging moments and satisfying turns where I cleared multiple enemies while guaranteeing all my units and objectives were secured. The gameplay isn't much like FTL, but the aesthetics and leader/unit selection before a campaign are. If you liked FTL, you're probably the kind of person that'll enjoy this too.

Mostly true, but consider Magic and similar games with instants

This thread sure took a turn, and by turn I mean it derailed like a train trying to do a 90 degree turn. That said, while I thought FTL was ok, the music composer was a loud retard back when GG was active and that killed any desire I had to give them any more money. With that in mind it wouldn't be surprising if the game was infested by SJW shit, though unlike certain other retards I will wait until actual proof before I start screeching.

I played it on my friend's copy of the game.
It's worth playing.
It's essentially turn based strategy with a more interesting form of resource management.

The game is easy though. I had no problems beating it on normal.

Only downside is that there's not a lot of content to go around, and almost all the stuff you can buy/unlock is trash. Not really worth the price.

Fucking retards. Go away please.

Why the fuck would I play this when there are dozens of actually good mecha strategy and tactics games? This shit doesn't even have tiddies like SRW.

yeah, why play arma when doom exists ;^)

CPU cycles you idiot.

You don't know? Arma has a Front Mission mod which somehow put in actual units from Front Mission into the game. Physics are wonky cause it used tanks as a base but otherwise shit works.

Christ, why are you so mad

Ben Prunty? Really? I have tried to search for "ben prunty gamergate" and found nothing.

I don't remember the guy's name. What I do remember is hearing that the guy behind the soundtrack was a listener and believer and that he was being a retard on his twatter. It's been years by now so I don't remember specifics. I just recall that it was the music guy because I thought FTL had decent music.

I played a few levels without tutorial, I think I'm really going to enjoy this but too tired to play more today. Seems quite difficult at first but so was FTL.

No that was the game from the guys who made the new Shadowrun games.

I've only been to three of the four islands so far, and I haven't even seen a single non-white character outside of the third island's AI whose appearance is some african bitch, and the Generic McDefault pilots that always wear helmets
And there's not even much dialog in the game to begin with, so I don't see much room to fit in a political screed, the worst I've seen is that AI whining about how her malfunctioning homicidal robots dindu nuffin and have lives just as valuable as the humans

What the fuck, I posted the same OP a week ago with a few more lines, did this nigger seriously copy my thread?
What (((the fuck))) is going on here?

Game's pretty good, but sorely lacking in content. I like that there isn't really RNG involved aside from grid resistance occasionally giving you some leeway when you fuck up your turns.

Pirated it, played through and beat it once, game is HEAVILY RNG based, because of course it is. The time pods that you get are the only real advantages you'll be able to get and if you get a pilot with a shitty, purely "reset button" ability that only matters if you fuck up, you'll be at a disadvantage. I was able to beat the game on normal immediately after I unlocked the mech team that can dump damaging smoke everywhere, combined with the pilot that can IGNORE SMOKE AND WEBBING.

Your progression is painfully slow, and it hurts because the first thing you want to do is mix and match different mechs, weapons and pilots to get some fun builds going, but the game is so starved for content, it will SLOWLY, FUCKING AGONIZINGLY GRADUALLY, drip feed you new weapons and you can only unlock new mechs through achievements.

It's a tight little game, and I can appreciate how well put together every encounter is, but I don't have the resolve to play through multiple times, just to unlock all the mechs.

Posters like these should be lined up against a wall and be buried in an unmarked grave.

Y'all should play Battle Brothers instead of this, to see the power of rng.

Let me just check those satanic trips of truth for a moment.

I bet you like playing Craps too.

which Magic?

He means MTG

Clearly the best squad

Whoever said this was as much reliant on RNG as FTL, after 3 hours of play I can't say I agree. First I died because I didn't understand everything. Second attempt I got to the second island easily, but the new enemy types fucked me over. Third attempt with a mixed squad, made it to the third island already. It took me a long damn time to get to even the last areas of FTL, let alone beat it compared to this. I'm really liking it, but honestly I have no idea how to unlock the time travelers.

I think they come in pods, but I've only seen them being offered as a reward for getting all the objectives on an island

Aww so close buddy

They come in pods, but not missing an objective is the only guaranteed way to get em.

I gotchu

sage

the plane's path is randomized but you can land anywhere

Shouldn't you be in the hat in time thread

Wait, you can? How? I thought your squad selection limits you to those 3 specific mechs.

Ganbatte user-kun

I was enjoying the game until I unlocked the 4th island.

Previously, the abomination (floating passive buff enemies) things would go in this order, depending on what island you were on:

1st - +1 hp
2nd - explode on death
3rd - +1 armor
4th - health regen

This was a steady build up of difficulty. Now I've unlocked all the islands, they seem to appear randomly right from the start, which is fucking bullshit. The base game is now HARDER because of my progression.

bought this earlier today
fun little strategy / puzzle game seemed like from the half hour or so i put into it
thought it was a pretty simple game but it got hard really quick maybe i just needed more practice
was supposed to get a free copy of ftl buying it from where i bought it too but didn't get that key either..anyone else do that deal?

It's too easy. Hopefully they drop some kind of expansion pack again, like they did with FTL. FTL's free expansion added new curves for handling the risk. Right now it's like playing dominoes. Set them up myself and knock them all out.

does that even count with a card game?

Hit the "customize squad" button in the squad selection screen.

Any of you guys find the secret pod yet? Got some good shit inside.

Finished a couple of playthroughs now but I got this feeling there is something missing.

the pleasure of watching your enemies suffer

So is this another non-disclosure investment/winner scam?

If not, can this run on my toaster? It can run FTL.

wud u fug the bugs

dunno about secret pods..i've picked up the ones that crashed down on the levels.. are those secret?
Also, i've been having a lot easier time on regular mode after playing easy for a while and getting the hang of everything

is there better rewards from them then this shit?

please learn to play the game before posting

Yeah not even close, m8. I stopped keeping count, The Kessel is also just a really boring ship and I kept bruteforcing just the same strategy for a long time.

Yeah, I've gotten time travelers, 3x reactor cores, new weapons and abilities now.

Nigga open your eyes

No shit huh? That's actually really good, I've only gotten 1x cores and time travelers.

Don't have all the mechs unlocked yet, but the most broken loadout thus far imo is the Rusting Hulk team replacing the science mech with the Rift Walker's artillery.

I got it from finding a mysterious signal inside a blown up mountain. Shame that I wasted it the mission after though, even if I did end up beating Hard with four islands. Oh well.

Rusting hulks in general are just broken.

Yeah, from one pod I got 3x reactor core, a time traveler ( the science bubble woman) AND two weapons, the spear and a purple gem ray. I still coudln't get any use out of them since I favored HP over weapons but it happened,

it doesn't mean it's a scam because it is indiecade but it does mean that it needs to be looked into more because of what happened before with fez

Then you will not like this. This is nothing like FTL. This is a fairly good minimalistic turn-based strategy game with roguelite-type campaign. But unfortunately it is inside a cancerous mobilegame tier randomization and slowest possible progression. And worst beginning progression I have ever seen. Actually this reminds me a little of Darkest Dungeon, but way shittier beginning - so expect pointless grind and shitty luck. also expect shit tons of git gud cancerposters

Game can be fixed, but it would require an near complete overhaul to progression systems, mech core system, and mech skill systems. Sooo, mods might save this.

Are these loot boxes?

Thanks for necroing a 3 day without response thread with such an important contribution that hasn't been said already by multiple people.

Sorry about necroing, my bad. I just thought that this game might be worth talking about, since I believe it will get better later with patches.

I really like the core game play of giving you a few mini puzzles to solve per mission. There are only really two things I would need to make the game playable:
Enemy spawn stack indicator with spawn tiles for every turn (or maybe just next 2 turns) and more information on enemy targeting priority. That would turn it pretty fun to play, for me at least. But I'm sure I can come back and necro the shit out of the next stale bread.

just checked a jewtube video on this
lol, wtf did they make a garbage turnbased grid game?
those games kinds of games fucking suck and are such low effort, I expected more

its just a pod you rescue on the map and get reward from.. so kinda?

probably going to end up being a mobile/browser game tbh

I dig it. Died like a bitch on my first playthrough to the second island but then I decided to give a mixed squad with the normal brute and the two desert mechs(the rocket one and the jet), gassing bugs is pretty fun and the fact that they can stop fuckers from attacking is really sweet.

Its pretty good. Fuck the ice island though.

The core game is fine. And it's not low effort. Making a new strategy game system is not easy, it takes huge amounts of time just to make all the mechanics to fit together.

Something is wrong here though. FTL solved most of the "restart from beginning"-problems. Here is something that came in to my mind:

In FTL, if you delete your save and start with just the Kestrel you can beat the game because you know what is worth taking a risk for. Maybe 1:10 times you can beat the game just by knowing how everything works.

In Breach though, not so. There is near zero change of clearing the game on the first try on a clean save. You need the other mechs and other crew.

Some parts of the game design is so fucking bad, that it makes me think that this game was not made by the same people, or they had some horrible collective braindamage incident. Seriously, FTL solved most problems when it comes to restart heavy roguelites. So why none of that magic is seen in this one.
Or am I missing something? I think not.

I think the problem is that with the starting mechs only the brute class is the only one worth using. The tank has the same move and health stats but deals less damage, and the artillery is usually good only for pushing enemies into chasms or water. At least with the desert tanks you have the cloud which can act as a DoT and you stop enemies from attacking, and you deal two damage with both mechs(haven't bothered with the science class one yet).
I should probably give FTL a shot, no?

This is just about the only damn post worth reading in this shit-flinging thread. Thanks, user, I'm skipping this one. I'm too burned out on strat games for yet another content-drip game with shite pacing.

What things are designed badly?
So far the only thing that particularly irks me is how obvious it is when the game starts going easy on me, by always giving a way out, even when I fucked up.

Yeah, I played Breach enough to see the big problems. Mainly how limited choices they give you in the start. I honestly though that I was playing a gimped tutorial for the first two times, when limited to basic mechs with 1-3 cores no choices to be done at all, but seeing that 20+ commanders and 50+ weapons made me think that the "real game" would start after clearing the four island tutorial. What a fool I was.
You should try FTL. It might be the random free time 1 hour a day game for you. And it is the best choice to check how most of the big bad problems in roguelites were solved. They actually solved most of them.

Hard to find a point to start, but here I go:
The game focuses on strategy, but it might as well be re-skinned as a puzzle game. The core gameplay is based on solving puzzles. Breach is a 2D puzzle game.
Now think of a any war game or chess based puzzle game, on a less than 9x9 grid, that gave you 3-5 random enemy pieces every turn. Now think of a puzzle game that didn't tell you what those pieces are. Now think that those pieces move semi-randomly. Now think of how much that takes away from the premise of a this even being a strategy game.
It's a fucking mess
Most of this can be easily solved by giving the player the information needed to make actually strategic decisions.

Also the goddamn mobile tier progression. You start with no change in hell to clear the game. But fucking obviously the player is shown the array of 20+ cool shit you can maybe get, if you keep playing. Do I really need to spell this out to you? If you need to grind or pay to have fun, it's terminal bad design.

And that's about 2 points why the game is designed badly.

I think it's pretty comfy. It has a gog release too so that's convenient if you want to support them after trying it.

Now that you said it I'm starting to make sense out of the things I have been noticing in the game.

I'm not sure if this is the always the case, but most of the time I found it that the game is not random at all, instead turns are set up according to unknown but predictable rules. Each turn the enemies are placed in such a way that it's possible to make it through without having to lose any points. The enemy pieces are also not random, they are chosen to counter some of your mech's abilities. I noticed that, aside from the very start, I don't really have to think about placement of my mechs, so I'm not fucked during next turn. Most of the time there is one correct way I can use them and somehow, magically, next turn I find out they can get everywhere they need to be just in the nick of time to save the day. You can be pretty damn sure that AI will start acting stupid in your favor to make it seem like your barely making it through when you don't fuck up to badly. The consequences do trickle down but the system is massively rigged in your favor. As you said, this is not a strategy it's a puzzle game.

Why does this post not have the same ID as I have? That should be me same fagging. He (you) (me) somehow magically see n-turns ahead in the meta. How can (you) in the future explain how you do this:
Modern games. This AI shit is the point when I change to the hardest possible, and if it's blocked, the game is dropped.

Anyhow, I'm going to wait for a better version on Breach - this one is really bad, if you wanted a good semi-strategy time waster, go FTL. Unfortunately, Breach is really fucking bad now.

I honestly do not see why the same can't be said about most ("actual") strategy games such as StarCraft or C&C, as you're still dealing with playing pieces, a given playing field and a particular arrangement of hostile forces. Even in those games there is still a correct 'solution' or some kind of guaranteed strategy win. Multiplayer is a different deal, but the singleplayer AI in those games can only do so much.

However, because ItB is so minimalistic in scope, because the possible moves by the enemy and player are considerably more limited and abstract, the pretense of being able to win battles through strategy wears off and comes down to finding the proper solution. Which isn't any different from 'real' strategy games, but those have more variables in play, so in those games it feels like you are finding your own solution even though the winning strategies are often preset, whereas ItB doesn't really pretend.

A similar case would be Ikaruga, which in more niche circles is also derided for being more of a puzzle game than a shmup because of how its scoring system works. Namely, there's only one clearly laid out way to achieve the highest score which you need to execute perfectly, placing emphasis on perfectionist execution and robbing players of ways to discover how to get their chain going since the main scoring path is already laid out. But it's a silly thing to criticize when you consider scoring in any shmup comes down to memorizing a route to perfection, and that most players usually copy routes from others anyways. Ikaruga merely doesn't pretend that scoring consists of perfectly executing a single route. Your freedom to experiment may be limited, but the end result remains the same.

Well these are RTS-games that are built on the fact that you need to make decisions all the time: mass economy, try to plan an attack, try to prepare to defend, rally a bunch of new scout units to different rally points all the time, remember to expand as soon as possible, try to harass as much as possible, try to hurt enemy economy with as little investment as possible… This is not Breach, now is it? I see where you try to go with this though. But your post is just pure shit.

Simple mechanics do not mean simple games, I get that. That's why I like the core game. Minimalistic puzzle game mechanics in Stephens Sausage Rolling game is the best example. The game is insane in the scope of puzzle mechanics a simple set of rules can do.

Breach is not as good as Sausage Rolling game. It's just a mess. It's like those badly designed boardgames where you just have no good moves, and have to lose. This kind of bad in board games maybe excusable, but in computer games, there is no excuse. It's just shitty design.

I see you got stuck in the definition of a puzzle game, and failed hard. Let me help you:
Puzzle game is where you solve logical, mathematical, visual or rhetorical riddles. Playing a game of checkers is not a puzzle. Trying to solve a mate in 4 in a fixed chess composition is a puzzle. Playing a game of chess is not an arrangement of puzzles. Do you understand? A good puzzle is a designed riddle to be solved, not a random state in a game. A puzzle can be constructed by an algorithm, but only if the algorithm is specifically designed to make puzzles by some puzzle making master.

A retard could argue that whole human existence is a constant stream puzzles, but that would be as wrong as you are now f3467e. Words have meaning. Try to live with it.

Bad design is what makes Breach so goddamn horrible, it looks and plays like a puzzle game, but it has not been designed like one. Just add the predictive data to the player, and it might be a good puzzle game.
It's a fucking mess.

It's pretty fun but I'd suggest waiting for patches as at the moment actually getting enough cores for upgrades takes ages unless you get lucky and you'll often end up screwed over due to Vek positioning and your lack of tools. It's really frustrating having a puzzle game where some setups just guarantee you're boned, and while the Grid Defense can occasionally save you it only takes 3 or 4 bad missions out of the maximum of 14 in each run and you're stuffed.

Generally some of the squads need their base loadouts buffed slightly and it needs to be slightly easier to acquire cores, or the costs of upgrades needs reduced ever so slightly. In total you can maybe get 4 at most per island and possibly a few from pilot level ups, but with two slots filled each mech can have as much as 10 cores needed to upgrade them. Towards the end of the game when a large proportion of the enemies are alphas this becomes frustrating as you can't really match the rate at which the Vek get stronger. This is made even worse if you lose a lot of grid power and have to spend reputation on more.

To top this off you get a pretty narrow selection of gear to choose from at the end of each island and 80% of the time pods only contain cores, so a lot of the time the selection of equipment you get is useless. With some tweaking to the game balance I can see this being something I play regularly, as is I put ~10 hours into it then decided to put it down and wait for improvements.

after actually playing it now, it's pretty easy and not very complex for a puzzle game, the main issue with it is how lacking everything is I'd even go as far as to say it has less content then FTL does with how repetitive it is

What the flying fuck are you talking about necroing this isn't a fucking forum you worthless pieces of shit.

Metacritic
is this really the state of gaming?

Isn't the map size the same as the Fire Emblem phone game, which people routinely mock for being that traffic jam board game?

its just a 6x6 grid

errr 8x8

My bet is that the whole thing is aiming for a tie in board game to rack in even more shekels.

It's a 8x8 grid, which in FE does become small due to how many units you bring into battle
Meanwhile here you have from 3 to 5 units depending on the mission, though normally 3 and the game is more of a puzzle game with TBS elements to work from.

No, the thing is the game is a puzle game rather than a TBS game. If you engage each level/map/encounter like that you should have a better time and a more clear vision of how to synergize your squad.

The lack of real randomness and the puzzle-ness is what makes me think they want a board game, not the strategy-ness. Pretty much every hipster said they wanted an FTL boardgame, but that game can't translate at all to pieces and cards. This looks like it can really easily.

Yeah, it's pretty okay for what it is.
I actually like the enemy AI's magic black box. Seems to take into account how many hits your mechs can take, among other details. I have yet to fall into a situation where I've been forced to take grid damage or lose an objective outside of custom squads. Sometimes the solution's a real fuckin' intricate mess, though.
The Steel Judoka squad made for a pretty interesting game, lots of moving and pushing enemies around to get them to whiff, attack each other or be affected by wide weapons. Convoluted series of self-damage and weird maneuvers having enemies push you around in order to not take grid damage. Or just damaging your own unit just to get him that one extra tile of movement so he can get next to an enemy so a long-range pushing attack from another unit has that one extra damage to finish him off before things go horribly wrong.

I wish it didn't try to sell itself with all the "strategy game window-dressing", if that makes any sense. When the game keeps throwing you softballs, sure, you can treat it as an easy-going strategy game, but the moment it decides to throw you a pattern with only one solution that doesn't fuck with your objectives, you need to stop treating resources as one might in any strategy game, as much as the game wants you to think otherwise.

Bump

Today I reved up my Emulator for a good session of Advcance Wars. When I played it in defiance of the hype culture of video games a meme popped into my head "If these anona are playing Into the Breach right now, then when they get inveitably bored of the game after a few hours, they will go on to play Advance Wars later." And the meme was quite right. It was not being ironic. When you play "Into the Breach" you are, in fact, trained to play Advance Wars.

SRW is vastly superior to Advance Wars, but the needs to be another nip made realistic-ish tactics game.

that game has shit aesthetics though

only thing random is that you may get some good drops and become op or get nothing

Is that even possible?

FTL was one of those games where it made me question whether the game was retarded, or it was me who was retarded.

Anyone have a download?

there's four islands (there's another that's the final area but it's never different so it doesn't really count) each island has three to four island specific missions and something like 2 to 3 general missions all islands have. each island has it's own gimmick that goes with the island specific missions. you have six mech squads to use that half of them are just the same play style just slightly different, you can make your own squad out of the six or random it but it doesn't change much. you gain rep that can be spent in a shop after you finish a island as well as hoping for a time pod that lands in missions that usually contains shit but if you perfect the corporate HQ mission on a island you can pick one out of three rewards. if you loose or win the only thing that happens is you get to send one of your pilots back that contains his xp level but it's kinda pointless since once you unlock a pilot you can select him at base level at the hanger. the game amounts to a simple puzzle of CC really the extra objectives don't add much to that formula and the better you play the game the easier it gets which for a puzzle game is kinda trash you kinda want the opposite of that. there's medals you can get for beating the game on how many islands you completed and squad specific achievements you can do to get coins that can be used to unlock new squads. there's around 13 enemy types and something of the same palette swaps. the game plays exactly the same way with only minor differences.

it's trash

Since my name has a fucking Á in it this game refuses to save.

Well done devs.

u wot m8?

Here's a question, why not just play a CYOA book? Then you can experience the whole thing without bullshit RNG preventing you from unlocking the next ship. Seriously fuck FTL, it's a CYOA game with a bunch of arbitrary RNG tacked on.

The file path to the save folder this game tries to use has that letter in it so the game doesn't save my progress.

Holy shit, they were actually stupid enough to put the user's save name in the file path? Have they never made an application for Windows before? Jesus Christ deliver me from this Hell

I dunno what the specifics of the problem is just that if your user account has non standard characters in it you cannot save.

this has happened with other games too, i'm not quite sure why it happens.
they'll fix it

Yes, this is definitely fresher than all this gook crap, another moba or team fortress clone developed just for cash grab and data mining.

Attached: 2bbe42cc5630a1037d308b587f5b3f8c3a8e34b2c5bf6cded0e0d002927d24ca.png (500x500, 311.67K)

It's because Windows' file path limitations are stupid and shit, although I think even in Linux you'd have a hard time with file paths that have accented or other special characters, so it's a good practice to just never name your files exactly what the user typed. Just encode the name of the save in the data itself (as an XML element for example) and name the file something like "save1.sav."

Attached: 2018-03-11_1443_1.png (1024x769, 39.18K)

I just beat it on Hard for the first time, four island as well.

I have unlocked all the teams, except the secret squad, and for THAT the game expects me to get every single fucking achievement in the game. So that's at least looking at beating the game once with every single team, trying to get every single fiendishly hard to get achievement (multiple playthroughs/restarts required) and keep relying on chance. I really wanted to like this game more, but this one is beyond fucked up. I'll wait for possible updates for new material, fucking stupid shit with that secret squad.

Also compared to FTL, even if you happened to lose a lot of health in one fucked up battle on hard, you usually had the chance to get to a shop and heal that shit, granted you'd have to scrounge money again. But this game has way too little grid to fall on, and way too little choice to fix it, only with random objectives (not always available and hard to complete sometimes) or with reputation at the end of an island. The grid defense is ridiculous as well, it can take a lot of time to even get it to 30% and even then you'll only see repels rarely. I'd say 2-3 more grid would balance the game out to be more fun

I was hoping that was porn.

Seconded

Thirded.

This game really needs a balance patch and another island or three though.

It'd be better to shoot them first.

Booted it up and beat Normal difficulty first try. 60 hours later I unlocked and completed one final run with the secret squad (not really worth the time honestly). It was okay but lacked content. Perhaps if it had something like 8 islands and the ability to increase your squad size it would feel more complete.

Attached: spoonfeed me daddy.gif (251x200, 2.25M)

gets boring way faster than FTL
I would pirate and wait to see if/when they release an expansion and the quality of it

I think it would benefit even from letting you do more missions per island. Do you have any idea how this works? Seems like on some playthroughs it let me beat every single mission before the boss appeared, what affects this? Is it from killing too many enemies instead of blocking and routing?

Dumbest OP of all time

>>>Holla Forums

Indieshit belongs on >>>/cuckchan/

>>>Holla Forums

I'm calling bullshit on all these faggots necroing the thread
I don't know if it's subtle shilling so the thread doesn't die, or they are idiots that can't sage while shitposting

I think "polyp" is a cuckchan thing

Same different really.

Oh shit, my bad.

The shitposters are all idiots to begin with so it doesn't make much difference

Good god where the fuck did you people come from? I'm gonna bump this thread just to spite you.

Attached: 1470675956624.jpg (232x220, 33.8K)

Necroing has been a term for well over two decades, newfriend.

Attached: 5210ed7e2794f59ebaa11de0bd496378f82bb56543262e5dda4eead970930057.png (750x761, 360.23K)

Did I fucking mention the date? This isn't a forum, the hotpockets aren't going to ban you for bumping an old thread and so the term has never been used on imageboards.
Then a couple of months ago you assholes pop up on multiple boards and start bitching about necroing. Tell me where you came from so that I can tell you to fuck off back there.

Attached: 1470673246618.png (584x100, 753)

Not on imageboards, nigger.

Attached: 605aea0013e1c793d3f447f28a6d6474460ff4499ab5a03358ea6f8ad10812c9.jpg (245x273, 12.38K)

Except it is, my uneducated ignoramus of a newfriend.

Attached: 7a51bfdba3b83b993a105bc49b1e2927747d99fd9188d9b04543b5cb397e800f.gif (280x302, 4.19M)

Imageboards are not forums, they're a spin-off of textboards.

if your only experience is halfchan and redchanit, you need to go back.

oh sweetie, you're NEVER getting laid. 😏

This isn't a thread from 2 years ago, this is a thread from 3 weeks. There's a difference.

You can fuck off too.

go back to reddit my nigger, thats a more fitting forum for you.

AW is more interesting to play for me than into the breach

Wait what? It always just lets me do 4 missions before the boss appears.
I swear to motherfuck if there's actually a reliable way to get more rep, this game would be in the bag.

Attached: wat.jpg (216x246, 12.66K)

Yeah, nah, this shit is happening too much on this thread to be a coincidence, i call shilling

I call your mother, faggot.

On topic:
The game's pretty cool but I'd like the grid to be bigger maybe in some kind of challenge mode or something

Anons like to revive old threads generally and remember we're not allowed duplicates. It's either bump an old one or wait days.

Some form of New Game+ style challenge would be nice too.

Unless it's 20 years old, stalker or something from Nintendo of course.

Fuck off shill.

Attached: 0e0c8879ceaa2c115e3ede53611813aed920d590815e09ee55e6013149b0fcd5.jpg (856x575, 190K)

Learn to read before posting, thanks.

I mean due to replies like these, that bump with off-topic shitposting:

etc.

Mods should nuke this thread and let another one be created, to be honest.