Chrono Trigger on pc

It'll be nice to have a version with the cutscenes included.

store.steampowered.com/app/613830/CHRONO_TRIGGER/

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20050206132830/http://www.chrono-trigger.com:80/eot.php
chrono-trigger.com/
chrono-trigger.com/media/
tapatalk.com/groups/spectralwarsgaya/index.php
u5lazarus.com/
oyez.org/cases/2010/09-893
steampowered.com/.
store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/#8
store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/#2
steamcommunity.com/stats/613830/achievements/
retroachievements.org/Game/319
problemkaputt.de/gba.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why the fuck is this game age restricted? Anyways, they don't even show the GUI on any of the screenshots, probably because it looks like shit much like the FF6 PC port with the awful crisp and high res icons that look out of place. Why would you pay for something that can be download in less than a minute from any emulation site?

I know recommended specs are meaningless but even then, come on.
inb4 denuvo

Just emulate the snes version

you can see the awful GUI in the trailer

So basically the DS version.

It's going to be the mobile port isntead of the better DS version isnt it?
The fuck

It's something I guess.
Not like it has updated in-game visuals which would actually matter more than the same cartoon cutscenes on the PS1 version.

in b4 denuvo or/and shitty tablet graphics
thanks """based""" squeenix, truly you are our greatest allies

The cutscenes don't even matter and look rather dated, they are also less than a minute long each aside from the intro and lack any kind of voice acting. Fucking worthless crap and they bloated the filesize to hell and back by upscaling the video files to 4K probably.

This GUI looks right out of fucking RPG Maker

If you buy it by April 2nd you get a special edition, that's why it has that.

it means the minimum they decided to support.

Look at these fucking touchscreen icons that they didn't even bother removing, Jesus Christ. Also is it just me or do the sprites animations seem too smooth and odd? Like one of those flash sprite animations from 2005

Oh and according to the Steam forums it has
FORCED HQ SPRITE FILTERING

But the rom been online for free for years

Good thing they put no effort into it and so won't lose any profits. Never fails to make me angry that normalfags will even think to buy this instead of emulate the original or ds version.

Surprised.

Holy fuck. It's just a rip of the mobile version.
Lazy fucks.
If you want to play Chrono Trigger, don't even bother pirating this version. Use a different version.

the SNES version has an awful translation.

I'm still have my ds version so i'll stick with that.

It has a free fan translation patch as well that has been online for over a decade, jesus.

I'd rather not be stuck playing one of the greatest RPGs of all time on a dinky little handheld with shit ergonomics and a tiny ass screen.

I do like Chrono Trigger but wake me up when it's on GOG. Also, looking through it, apparently it also has those dogshit DS additions like Lost Vortex added, plus the UI actually looks worse than the SNES edition. Apparently it's just an awful port of the cellphone version. And the "limited edition" run is just dubious.

Honestly the DS additions tended to bring down the overall quality of the game, rather than improve it. The SNES or PS1 versions are best.

thanks op, always wanted to play this, but was never a console pleb. just picked it up :)

Not with those absurd load times it's not. When it takes five seconds just to open up the menu in an RPG you know you've fucked up.

Looks like you're on a hair trigger.

Fucking hell who green lit this?

:^)

Nigger I grew up playing that version and it was terrible with that framerate. Stick to SNES or DS.

Looks like somebody put it through ZSNES

Oh and I forgot about the load times as well, Square really sucks at porting shit.

I will never understand the appeal of these fucking mudfilters.

Like pottery

Reminder: Square Enix C&D'd the Chrono Trigger Resurrection and Chrono Trigger Remake projects for this half-assed abortion.

Steam a shit, nigger. If you have to do digital release, do it properly. If you want to congregate around steam fanboys, halfchan will accept you with open arms.

Ah, did not know that. I always stuck with SNES.

I love how this limited has nothing worthwhile
Got to wonder if they raped the original music

Most of these so called fan remakes are usually just portfolio work for the people making them rather than actual games being worked on, that video was all there was going to be of it, anyway. Sorry.

Oh, you wanted this?
(You)

CT Resurrection was indeed just going to be more of a demo than a full-blown game, but the CT Remake project was going to be a start-to-finish remake of Chrono Trigger in the UT engine. All C&D'd though. Square-Enix can't get their greasy lawyers' hands off of people.

Resurrection did get completed, but there's no public release. There's a playthrough video though.

You must be new around here. So lurk moar faggot. You ain't on halfchan with the halfwit population.

Hey nigger I like anime and I'm on your side.

The real problem with that screencap is:

BY THE WAY
Romancing SaGa III is better then Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI.

You can skip all DS additions if you want. You can't skip loading times on the PSX version.

Let's face it guys doing it went full retard for thinking they wont get shutdown. If they did it today they'd make a Kickstarter and run away with the cash they got.

You''d notice that kikes all started using anime avatars if you weren't fucking retarded.

Never ever gonna get rid of my snes copy of this and secret of mana, i can live without the forced ties to fucking chrono cross.

15 bucks for a shit port of crono trigger is bad, but there are worse things You gotta remember there are people chugging down soda and cig packs everyday. I just drove my friend today so he could drop 100 bucks on a carton of cigs.

Just emulate it jesus christ.

Don't buy a rom made for (((Steam))).

This.

Piece of shit, as your country.

proof?

(((Steam)))? Gayman is Scottish.

Its a counter narrative, basically "Goons are now the weebs being goons being weebs" tactics, in their language.

My point is she "prefers to have her own opinion" then goes on to "oh cool i can play this port of a 20 year old game for ONLY $15, thank you nip-merchant, truly you are my greatest ally"

its retarded
Everyone knows goons fear the anime

You lads are more autistic than SMTfags.

Its just meta shitposting, been happening since DONTRAMP got in.

ur gay, u dont even brock

Oh, here's the teaser trailer for the Chrono Trigger Remake. There were more screenshots too.

Old site: web.archive.org/web/20050206132830/http://www.chrono-trigger.com:80/eot.php
C&D'd page: chrono-trigger.com/
Media: chrono-trigger.com/media/
Forum: tapatalk.com/groups/spectralwarsgaya/index.php

Granted.

Back in the day doing fan remakes wasn't the kind of shit that would cause lawyers to go ape. That was still a time-honored tradition and most western devs came from modding roots themselves back then. Hell Ultima 5 was fully remade in the Dungeon Siege engine and it's still alive and well: u5lazarus.com/

Square-Enix just revealed themselves to be a bunch of suits with no understanding for the community. Then again they mothballed Chrono Trigger pretty hard, but I think a lot of that was office politics. After the Squeenix merger a lot of Squaresoft (highly respected) talent was laid off and rehiring them to do projects just scares the shit out of the much less competent Squeenix suits who are scared that CT devs will have too much competence, respect, and clout in the company and thus threaten the jobs of the much more incompetent suits at the helm.

Woops. Accidentally left sage on.

Are you talking about the extra content that was added? I haven't played any of that.
Are those dungeons even any good, like gameplay-wise? I've always been skeptical that those dungeons could possibly add anything of substance, the game already has so much to enjoy and it wraps up in a nice little package by the end if you complete everything.

Yeah, to this day the "honor code" or whatever you want to call it in Japan amongst gaming studios is so fucked up. I am not saying the west is any better, but they have weird shit too.

I didn't play all the extra shit of the DS, but there's a Final FINAL dungeon you can access, and this is in the PS1 version too. It is very small, and ends with a scripted boss fight you can't really win, and jumps to an FMV that basically tells you FUCK you asshole, Dalton wins, chrono is a loser

Oh, so you're saying that these suits are parasites then.

DS version was best version and should've been the last one, stop giving them money.

Which is why they abuse it, they're kikes, they want control over you so they can kill you, why the fuck do you think a majority of corporations stocked by these parasites trying to cannibalize markets foreign to them are like this?

Just emulate the DS rom if you really care about cutscenes and the final extra boss
You're better off playing the SNES rom then followed up by crimsom echoes or whatever fan romhack was that, which was actually pretty good.

What's wrong with emulating the DS version?

Nothing?

No.

Tell your shill boss I'd sooner consider paying $20 for a SNES rom of Chrono Trigger than this abortion of a port.

The audio remasters are complete trash compared to the fan projects too. Anyway, it's probably a version of waving a dead chicken, where they slap on filters not because they believe it improves it any but just so they can claim the graphics were enhanced and put it in the tagline. All around a very incompetent job, but mobile work is usually fobbed off to incompetent developers. Then again there are a disturbing number of industry legends who are stuck working mobile nowadays. I imagine even they would have terrible resources on their projects though.

Ditto. I actually kinda liked Chrono Cross, but the forced tie-in shit was just cancer. I wouldn't mind a redo of Chrono Cross to make it less retarded. The game just went full retard after a point. Yasunori Mitsuda is one of the biggest reasons why CC sustained sales, although the branching content was nice too. There was still a lot of dumb shit going on in the game proper though. It really suffered from a lack of coherent vision and was left with a kitchensink design.

Everything I've heard about them suggests they're no good.

All of the guys who worked on Chrono Trigger are basically industry giants, esp. inside Squaresoft. Their clout and seniority (japan is big on this shit) would be massive, and there's nothing incompetent management hates quite so much as losing their jobs to more competent people.

Can you imagine if the lightning waifufag was suddenly told to knock it the fuck off because the company should design decent shit instead? He would never stand for it. He can't have people like that in the company, because those guys would expose him for the retarded tool that he is, without even trying.

Why even remake Chrono Trigger? The original plays just find in an emulator and it doesn't really profit from more modern technology either. I can understand wanting to remake a game that's hard to get running or one that can use a face lifting.

> Back in the day doing fan remakes wasn't the kind of shit that would cause lawyers to go ape. That was still a time-honored tradition and most western devs came from modding roots themselves back then. Hell Ultima 5 was fully remade in the Dungeon Siege engine and it's still alive and well: u5lazarus.com/
I have a feeling that Western companies are more willing to turn a blind eye when they know that it's free advertising, while Japanese companies see six gorillion lost sales if you even look at their games without paying first (like Nintendo thinking they are entitled to monetization from Let's Plays).

Nah, I'll stick with my original SNES cartridge Mr. Marketer. If I want to see the cutscenes I can watch them on youtube.

Anyone got the bonus content this comes with? I got the DS port already and I'd feel disgusted if I supported another lazy mobile port from Squeenix.

the inferior resolution and cramped little screen, even when emulated make it look worse than the SNES version.
Plus you can play the original on a CRT or at least filter those pixels better

What's the matter grampa, you don't like your games looking like a pile of fucking amorphous blobs? That's what all the cool kids are doing these days.

What the fuck.

Just wait for the torrents to come up. The bonus content isn't even that great (wallpapers, some track edits, and liner notes from the composer). I can't fathom how a developer could believe fucking wallpapers are a good bonus incentive in 2018.

are they phone wallpapers? cause that would be fucking hilarious.

Nothing really feels cramped since all the icons and menus got moved to the lower screen and the difference of resolution between the DS and SNES is barely noticeable

I know, I'm just kind of a fag for the compositions in Chrono Trigger

Honestly, the anime cutscenes were just a bad idea from the get-go. I'm not sure if this is still the case in the DS version, but in the PS1 version, the anime cutscenes would play, then the in-game cutscenes they were based on would play immediately after, completely killing the flow of whatever scene they would pop up in. The only really good one was the new intro, and even then I think the imagery of the pendulum swinging while the music builds up and gradually fades out is a hell of a lot more powerful.

It would have been shitted on at release like Secret of Mana. Because of the minimum changes over the original. The only thing SoM did wrong was some music tracks, and yet you had autistic fags complaining over shit like "whip physics". I wonder if they even played the original.

Wasn't the US PS1 version the one where they emulated it, and patched the translation on the japanese rom every time they loaded something?

A lot of it is just the holdover from the modding days and fear of consumer backlash. C&Ding mods is a really quick way to tank a company's reputation in the industry, otherwise more would do it nowadays. The developer structure inside the videogames industry has changed dramatically. You still get ahead for modwork and a portfolio, but these days the hires were never modders and just have some shitty degree with a practice project or two and the studio has to hire them because there are less and less self-respecting, competent computer guys who would want to go into the videogames industry and work for a big publisher. It's all gotten corporatized and less and less fucks are given to what devs think and feel. If you want to make videogames, it's pretty much go indie or go kill your soul.

I don't know, unless someone buys it the bonuses probably won't be leaked for a day or two.

Then be patient, they'll start popping up.

You could turn off anime cutscenes in the DS version and just watch them later through menus.

They keep fucking up. For fucks sake.

How is it even possible to fuck up this badly?

These are the same people that managed to fuck up a port of FF6 too. Are you really shocked?

Browsing through the reviews they're citing the UI, font, graphics, and controls as being terrible compared to the original since this is a port of the mobile version. Some are reporting bugs as well.

It's a sleazy, half-assed port, how else?

Shit like this.
I'm honestly in a state of disbelief that they managed to fuck up this badly with this. This looks straight out of a vidya horror story with a company being this jewish

Tales of Phantasia iOS was a thing.

This is probably the most fun I ever got out of one single game (SNES). It's a shame that the ports of Chrono Trigger are so half-assed.

Less screen real estate. Can't be played on a CRT. Managing two screens is cumbersome, even with a dual monitor setup.

Maybe it'd be better if you emulated it on a Wii U. I don't know. I'm hoping for some type of Wii U-like gamepad accessory to be made so DS and 3DS emulation won't be so awkward on PC.

It's pretty noticable to everyone who played the original first. I guess if you played DS first you wouldn't mind, maybe you'd even find it a bit more "impactful" because the sprites appear larger. But I'm not a fan. Makes everything feel cramped to me. For 2D games even a seemingly minor bump down in resolution can have pretty significant results.

They look like lemmings.

Mobileshit port

You don't need two monitors to use a DS emulator. Both screens will show up on a single monitor just fine.

This shit is always obvious, you know.

HOLY FUCK THOSE FILTERS

Mobile port confirmed for laziest trash ever.

Personally I'm not bothered by it (I emulate games in 800x600 windows out of habit) but I can get where you're coming from. It's just like WideScreen = LessScreen, right?

It should be illegal to do this to pixel art.

Those are some disgusting looking sprites

Ok then.

The translation is quite good. There are a few name changes but that's about it.
If that triggers you there are about 500 re-translations patches you can apply.
Go play Breath of Fire 2 on SNES or any of the DS dragon quest games if you want an example of an awful translation

Sell that trash my dude.

That's every fucking Squareenix port on PC so far, people have zero excuse to be surprised at this point and if they keep making themit's because people keep buying them.

This is Squeenix we're talking about here. Steam ports are not PC ports.

The only reason why the audio of the DS port is "lower quality" is because of the speakers, on an emulator it sounds better than the SNES version, slightly so.

What if someone like the original and doesn't want it "better"? "Better" isn't always "Better", you can't improve something that's already great, George Lucas learned it with the Special Editions, maybe one day remake fags will learn it.

Looks fine to me.

Its the shitty mobile version.

imagine the sheer amount of stupidity that's required to say something like this.

By being Square Enix. Try fucking asking Capcom and Konami that.

It absolutely isn't

The only good translations are the DS version, the Chrono Compedium/Kajar Laboratories release and the Doctor L release which is a more condensed version of that.

You can't when the people that "attempt" it are too stupid to live.

The native resolution of the SNES is 256:224, which is then squashed to 256:192. The DS's native resolution, as it so happens, is also 256:192. No image quality was lost in converting the game from one platform to another.
And if you absolutely need the game stretched out over an entire TV/Monitor, emulators do that just fine.

I like those but only from a programming/imge processing standpoint.

The biggest difference in the english SNES localization from what I remember was Frog's speech, in which he talks in old english style, which in the japanese version he spoke more normally, though he still did speak in a more complicated way than everyone else, like your archetypal disciplined warrior. The rest of the changes weren't all that significant, just changes in names and a few censorship issues and such. It may not have been completely accurate, but it was by no means an awful translation. Unless you're one of those fags who puts accuracy above everything else, even when a direct translation would end up sounding worse, wouldn't make as much sense, or the style that the original had would get lost in translation.

When that stream port was announced I was "huh nice. Maybe they're testing waters for a remake?". As much as I hated how much lazy they were with the remake of Secret of Mana, CT could use a remake those days. Maybe just maybe they wouldn't go lazy with it as well. But then as more info of what exactly this port was…

"what…? It's a port of the FUCKING MOBILE VERSION? WHICH WAS JUST A BAD AND LAZY PORT FOR STARTERS?!"

Yes they fucked up a real time with the "remakes" of FF5 and FF6. But it's been years! You would think that ether they learned their lesson or the guys responsible for that shit were out of the company by now and they got new people with actual working brains in charge.

Buuuuuut looking at the remake of mana and now this…guess the dark times of Square Enix aren't over yet. It's really amazing, both were great companies that basically only did great games but after the fusion what was the rule became the exception. And now they're fucking up more and more. As a fan of most of their old games that really makes me very sad.

I guess its true; pizza and ice cream are delicious but only when you eat them separately. When you "fuse" the two of them, they become a disgusting mess.

The game is probably unstable as fuck with frequent crashes, too. The Mana remake was a disasterous bugfest and fanboy faggots still defended it.

Yup. The main defenses for that fucking disaster were "You just don't like it because it's not da super nintendo version!" or, "Yuzo Koshiro worked on the remixes so they MUST be good" Protip for anyone who cares, none of them are actually good, for some reason all of the artists on this, including the original composer of the snes game, the Touhou shitters, the composer for fucking METROID OTHER M, Yuzo koshiro, and for some baffling reason a hipster DJ who makes noise with his macbook and isn't really known for games in the slightest, decided to add shit that just did not work with what the original soundtrack was going for, for example, this tribal jungle type song was scribbed over using rock guitars

Wonder what faggots have to say about this mess.

You probably think Shakespeare is dated, and think there's nothing wrong with Emoji Hamlet. Kill yourself and all in your bloodline

Square and Enix are both dead. Squeenix is an abomination made from their corpses that though some unholy ritual managed to fuse the worst aspects of both companies.

Gone are the days when Enix made polished fun games, when Square actually made games in different genres and experimented with the JRPG formula. Now you get linear and boring as fuck JRPGs filled with forgettable characters where the main game lacks any kind of difficulty, endgame content is locked behind frustrating mini games and ridiculous amount of grinding and what was optional content is now overpriced DLC.

No, you faggot, I'm talking about translating from an entirely different language to english. Sometimes a direct translation results in things being lost in translation from the original, like things that aren't able to be directly translated and have to be represented some other way. An example of this is Frog's japanese name, Kaeru, is also a pun on the verb "to transform, to change" relating to him originally being a human but transformed into a frog. The same pun can't be made in english, due to the language differences, so the meaning of the pun was lost in translation.

I hate corporate suits

why would you want a remake done by current year squeenix anyways?
its a blessing

user, please. CT is fine as is. Anything they try to do with it will just ruin what the original gave us and would be a gigantic waste of time and resources. I bet they'd hand the remake to Nomura and then you'd get Crono as boyband member.

More like

Also AR2 > AR1.

Why do you think the PC port of a mobile phone port of a DS port of a playstation port of a SNES game is the absolute crux of the series future? Are you this delusional?

Good job contradicting yourself in the same fucking sentence censorship apologist.

They already ruined Chrono Trigger story wise with Chrono Cross though

Chrono what? That didn't happen, user.

More bad reviews coming in, I expected SE to pull damage control and bring it up to mixed at least by now.

Then why would you want them to make a another sequel?

I liked Chrono Cross, but I just don't consider it a sequel to Chrono Trigger.

There was something called Chrono Chross but it wasn't related to Chrono Trigger. Rather, it was a prototype for Baten Kaitos.

Good. The less things SE touches, the better.

I don't know, Nintendo DS hardware isn't going to last forever. If someone wants to play this game (legally) in 20 years Steam will be around.

The whining about "muh filters" seems weird. How many people have ever actually seen let alone played this game on a SNES and CRT? You'd think CT is one of the most sold games of all times (it isn't).

Tl;dr this version is for Steamfags who don't want to emulate and nobody is taking away your ROMs.

Direct me to the trashcan please.

That doesn't stop them from localizing almost every japanese game brought west and making subtitles for it on official streaming services like Crunchyroll. But keep living up there and believe whatever.

It looks bad, to everyone
See: steam reviews
It is bad for that purpose, objectively
See: steam reviews
You fucking idiot

Gas yourself.

They really just dont give a fuck, do they?
On the other hand, i feel like the kind of retard that would buy this instead of emulating it deserves to get ripped off.

ROTFLOLMFAO. Nigger that is one of the biggest reasons not to buy shit from steam. At least with GOG you can just burn your shit onto a CD or back it up and if it ever goes tits up you still have all the shit you bought and paid for. Other reasons not to trust steam are their dogshit ToS (like the complete fucking cancer condition prohibiting you from class-action lawsuits), their ability to wipe our your steam shit whenever they want (heck, a few days ago we had a bitcoin guy bitching about steam yoinking his entire library), the usual problems with DRM cancer, the steam client itself being cancer integration, loss of property rights (like the right of resale - also a GOG issue), and so forth.

Points for being a genuinely funny shill though. Also, the DS edition is still superior and that cartridge will outlast your DRM platform.

Steam's market dominance isn't going to last 20 years nigger. The market will change and it will stop being a moneymaker and once running all those steam servers and shit becomes a loss instead of a profit, they will downsize their shit and start closing down. And they won't ever "unlock" the games because their publishing agreements do not permit them to just release the shit DRM-free. So you will be left with no steam server and no steam games. Digital sales platforms have already risen and fallen and taken all their users' collections down with them. In 20 years time, so will steam.

There is literally no difference between burning a cracked game and a GOG game onto a CD. Don't make it sound like it's an argument in favor of good old goys.

He's not comparing GOG to cracks, he's comparing it to Steam.

I forgot to mention this but it's also great how whenever Valve updates their Steam terms of service, your choices are either (1) accept them or (2) inform valve you reject the new ToS and they will accommodate you by deleting your entire steam account and library. That's right, these cunts can fuck you over by inserting new legally-binding demands into your ToS and your only choices will be to suck it up or lose everything. That stunt already became a problem when they introduced the "give up your rights to class action lawsuits" clause in a ToS update, and indeed your only choices were to give up your legal rights or lose your library. And that's the fucking problem, when you "buy" from steam you don't own it and you don't even have any fucking rights to the shit. Valve does, but not you.

If you're not going to have ownership or legal rights either way, you might as well pirate the fucking thing.

Practically speaking you're right. Hell, sometimes the pirate copy is a gog copy. But legally speaking, GOG gives you the "go ahead" for burning backups and shit. They made that very fucking clear. Also this:

Isn't this something that won't hold up in court at all and can be held against them in court?

ToS agreements are basically bullshit, legally speaking

Perfectly valid in the US, and it's already been to the Supreme Court. Twice, I think.

Only if they come after the fact. When it's a requirement to make a purchase (like it is on Steam), it's perfectly valid.
When you buy something and then find an "agreement" after the fact, it's toilet paper… just make sure that what you're buying is actually the game, of course.

What about ToS that changes after you've already accepted and committed to purchases? Technically speaking, such a change would not be retroactive, i.e. if you refused the change, any purchases done BEFORE the change shouldn't be affected. And I'm no lawyer, but sounds like it's a pretty easy case to make in court.

You agreed that it can change at any time, and that you'll have to accept those changes before your subscriptions become available to you (read: games become playable again).
No, there's no room for that kind of denial here, this is Steam's agreement, it's valid, and you must agree to it in order to use Steam and its services. They've already made a unilateral change to the agreement that has only harmful effects toward customers, and they can freely do it again in the future.

The legal word you're looking for is "unconscionable" or "unenforceable." And funnily enough this is legally valid and above-board according to US federal law. California passed a state law declaring that to be unconscionable, but the S.C.O.T.U.S. overruled them and claimed that the federal law has precedence in a 5-4 ruling. It's a ridiculous violation of states' rights, but hey: oyez.org/cases/2010/09-893

Under the US, you're fucked. California Supreme Court's Sanchez v. Valencia Holding Company later ruling did maintain that although even if the federal law takes precedent on prohibiting unconscionability on class action waivers, you can still use state law to make unconscionability challenges to other parts of the agreement and invalidate it that way. The California Supreme Court and US Supreme Court 5-4 majority are basically at war over this issue and are thus politely undermining each other.

In other countries you might fare better. Better look up how your country treats class-action waivers.

You wish. Sometimes ToS is improperly set up (ie. you never actually agreed to the shit), and sometimes terms are overreaching, unenforceable bullshit designed basically to scare you, but usually a lot of it really is legally binding.

Funnily enough, there have been idiots who sold packages with a sticker sealing it, saying that opening the package constitutes binding agreement to the enclosed ToS (inside the package).

I think EULAs run into this shit.

How in the fuck would that even stand in court? What if they change the ToS to demand you sell one of your kidneys, or get locked out of an account with thousands of dollars invested into it? Somehow, I doubt that "you agreed to ANY FUTURE CHANGES to our contract unconditionally" will fly in the court of law.

Well it wouldn't stand if they did something, as explained, is unconscionable. Arbitration clauses aren't, and you can be sure that once another company successfully pushes the limits of what they can legally do, everyone will follow, just like last time.

Yes, usually
But the exact extent to which is unknown, since people rarely go out of their way to go to court over this shit
An agreement can't break laws, and any number of terms in any agreement could conflict with some law somewhere

Because Valve can hire $10,000/hour lawyers and us peasants can't.

But user, they're not forcing the ToS update on you. You always have the choice and legal right to refuse the new ToS. It just so happens that you agreed that refusing their new terms of service can only be done by cancelling your steam account and if you don't cancel your account (without any refund) in 30 days, that means you automatically agreed to the new terms of service. Don't believe me? Read this shit:

>8. AMENDMENTS TO THIS AGREEMENT ⏶
>This Agreement may at any time be mutually amended by your explicit consent to changes proposed by Valve. Furthermore, Valve may amend this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use) unilaterally at any time in its sole discretion. In this case, you will be notified by e-mail of any amendment to this Agreement made by Valve within 60 (sixty) days before the entry into force of the said amendment. You can view the Agreement at any time at steampowered.com/. Your failure to cancel your Account within thirty (30) days after the entry into force of the amendments, will constitute your acceptance of the amended terms. If you don’t agree to the amendments or to any of the terms in this Agreement, your only remedy is to cancel your Account or to cease use of the affected Subscription(s). Valve shall not have any obligation to refund any fees that may have accrued to your Account before cancellation of your Account or cessation of use of any Subscription, nor shall Valve have any obligation to prorate any fees in such circumstances.

store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/#8

Just in case you're wondering how Valve can have the right to steal all your shit when you refuse their new terms of service, that's because it was never your shit to begin with. Remember that you agreed that you literally don't own the games you buy from Steam. You are only paying for permission to play the game in accordance to the terms of the license. Seriously.

>Steam and your Subscription(s) require the automatic download and installation of Content and Services onto your computer. Valve hereby grants, and you accept, a non-exclusive license and right, to use the Content and Services for your personal, non-commercial use (except where commercial use is expressly allowed herein or in the applicable Subscription Terms). This license ends upon termination of (a) this Agreement or (b) a Subscription that includes the license. The Content and Services are licensed, not sold. Your license confers no title or ownership in the Content and Services. To make use of the Content and Services, you must have a Steam Account and you may be required to be running the Steam client and maintaining a connection to the Internet.

store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/#2

Uh, there's no "games becoming playable again." Either you cancel your account or you agree to the new license. After 30 days of not cancelling, it's automatic agreement. Maybe if you asked nicely they'll rebuild your old account, but I really, really doubt that.

But yeah, if it wasn't clear, Steam is a subscriber agreement and your subscriptions are the games you paid for (you don't own the games, you buy a subscription which gives you permission to play the games), and the subscription runs out when your agreement ends (like by cancelling the account), and if there is a new ToS you can either accept the new agreement or accept the end of your subscription. That's how they fuck you. If you would like to get to play those games again, you would have to pay for a new subscription and accept the new terms of service.

They'd buy a lot more if they weren't dogshit terrible ports though. The difference between this trash port and a solid port would be that it would probably sell at least 20x if it weren't a shit port and it weren't Steam-only. That's not a joke. Chrono Trigger is already highly popular and well-regarded, meaning a quality port can capture word of mouth with dramatic ease, but nobody gets excited over shit-tier porting efforts and any word of mouth is followed by "This is a terrible port and you should absolutely avoid this shit." If Squeenix were less focused on nickel-and-diming people, they would actually have made more money. It never ceases to amaze me how retarded the suits at Square-Enix are.

How do they even stay in business? Is it all mobile and gacha now? Their mobile ports are ass, though. Something's gotta be driving out the sales. I guess they're like the EA of Japan.

wow based japs pump out another amazing product!

Normalfags and thirsty fanboys buy their shit and defend it mindlessly. For example: the remake of Secret of Mana was an inexcusable abomination. Not only did squeenix not take the opportunity to add content and fix issues with the original game like a proper remake, it actually has LESS detail, a butchered soundtrack, and tons more bugs than the original. The game itself is incredibly unstable, both the PC and PS4 versions crash constantly.
Despite all this you see people defend this crap in user reviews, outright ignoring all of these facts. You can even find faggots that wrote articles slamming "nostalgia critics" for criticizing the game unfairly due to what they perceive as some kind of blind nostalgia. But despite all this the fact remains that the Mana remake is more like a seriously broken port and not so much of a remake at all, sold for $40 a pop. They even have retail kikery for anyone dumb enough to want a physical copy, as it's a (((Gamestop))) exclusive.
People still hold squeenix in high regard because they haven't realized both Square and Enix from the 90s are long dead, and they're deluded enough to think franchises like Final Fantasy have done anything relevant in the past decade.

Bought the game, played the game, it was servicable.

If you're a degenerate who gets their panties in a bunch of extremely minor flaws and proceed to blow their vile minds all over message boards on the internet to the degree any normie will wonder whether it's poe's law in effect or whether someone can actually rage over a filter that smudges pixels, then I don't recommend this game for you.

If your IQ is over 100 and you're emotionally stable, the game is okay. Give it a try, though I'd recommend the DS version instead - but keep in mind that shit is $40.

something isn't adding up

We're currently experiencing a mass migration of cuckchan and redditors because jewtube e-celebrities and leftypol are importing them like their lives depend on it to try. It's no longer reasonable to assume posts like these are just bait.

You took bait user.

Getting upset isn't what makes you degenerate. Having no control or self awareness of how upset you should be or how vocal about it you should get, THAT makes you degenerate.

100 IQ doesn't make you smart, that is fucking BELOW average. lol

>Despite all this you see people defend this crap in user reviews, outright ignoring all of these facts. You can even find faggots that wrote articles slamming "nostalgia critics" for criticizing the game unfairly due to what they perceive as some kind of blind nostalgia. But despite all this the fact remains that the Mana remake is more like a seriously broken port and not so much of a remake at all, sold for $40 a pop. They even have retail kikery for anyone dumb enough to want a physical copy, as it's a (((Gamestop))) exclusive.
Given how few of them there are, I'm fairly certain they are mostly marketing plants. Suits discovered long ago that they need word of mouth to do well and their shit products get shit word of mouth unless they have marketing plants delude young and gullible idiots as well as contrarian lackwits into lowering their standards and supporting dogshit. But the overwhelming majority of these people are retards.

Like this guy right here. He might be a genuine retard, or he could be a marketing shill, but there's no sane reason to splurge money on terrible shit from Steam that runs worse and is uglier and less reliable than any emulated copy. You're not even supporting the devs at this stage. You're just supporting the suits that are raping Chrono Trigger's corpse. I'm leaning marketing shill myself because I feel like there's some damage control happening for how bad this thread is going down. There's a slight chance it could just be a contrarian 4kid, but acting like a 4kid is also stock marketing shill behavior, especially on Holla Forums. The best part of this idiot's post is the peer pressure argument where he tries to pretend that the smart thing to do is to buy an absolutely terrible port from Steam (which, as we previously established, means you don't own shit) while your money doesn't support the devs who made the game (they were given the boot from Square-Enix long ago) but the retarded suits shilling out cancer-tier ports. That's what you're really supporting if you "buy" this. Not Chrono Trigger, but the practice of cheap and terrible ports. That's where you can safely class him into a marketing shill because he is trying to sell copies of a game no rational person would buy.

I still don't get why anyone thinks any major marketing shills would come to 8ch. You might get the retarded indiedev once in a while, but chances are not a single person working for or with Squeenix knows this place exists.

he could be baiting user, he has yet to deny that he was (because really how retarded would you be to have lower standards than the average (((Steam))) user) or defend himself in any way

Well, you've proven you're not smart.

the main reason is probably because of the interactions people here (who are incredibly abrasive towards new games) have with others outside of this site, those and crossposters could easily influence shit. If you convince or astroturf people on the most vocal, most pro-consumer, anti-greed video game forum currently online afaik, then you've probably done a decent job as a marketing shill.
At least that's what I imagine, but yeah all it would take for shit like this to spread from here are a few twitterfags (which this place has and still has, a lot of dedicated shitposters from the GG days) and unfortunately, filthy crossposters to cuckchan and leddit

I was already able to play this on pc, what's the point of this?

taking your money

Doesn't that depend on country and region though?

Proving your IQ is above 100.

Word of mouth is also about spreading word far and wide and convincing as many people as possible to buy your shit, not just focusing purely on high-traffic sites. Also, we're all anons and have no login system so they don't have to buy a 3 year old account and use it to start shilling games. Seriously, it's a known fact by now that we get shilled by marketing plants, for years now. We've exposed them before. Genuine, 100% marketing shills show up to this site and try to do damage control and hype up trash, and you can tell them apart by how ridiculously out of place they are acting. A number of times we've shit-tested these morons and gotten them to out themselves as liars pretending to be oldfags.

The original reason we even have IDs on Holla Forums is because marketing plants were so dumb they'd routinely expose themselves replying to their own posts shilling up games.

A fool and his money are easily parted.

Usually people are referencing the average white man's IQ when talking about it here, which I believe is around 104.

No, man. IQ scores are standardized by design so that a score of 100 is literally the average. That is what a score of 100 is supposed to mean "completely average."

The raw scores do vary between countries, but the IQ score itself is just a scale that assigns a certain numerical value to the normalized scores of a subset of the test-takers. The distribution is assumed to be a Normal, it's median is defined as 100 and it's standard deviation as 15. This ties IQ scores neatly with percentiles and makes it easy to assess how frequent some particular score is within that population.

But the issue is that scores are only valid for that sample and thus not comparable: a 100 score from a sample of Kenyan students doesn't mean the same as a 100 score from a sample of MIT students, and the score doesn't tell us how to put these together. When people say something like 'the average IQ in Ethiopia is 80' or whatever, that score is constructed by heaping every single countrywide sample into one huge world sample and then scoring the average raw scores of each country according to the normalized scores of that worldwide sample.

At least that's the gist of it, as far as I know.

I never looked into it, but I always thought average was 110 and anything below 100 meant legal mental deficiency?

16:9?
Smoothing graphics filter?
Steam achievements?

Dunno, $14.99 pretty high still.

i know people irl that unironically considers this a plus for using steam. unless it's tied to the game and will unlock some content for a reward in-game, it's as good and pointless as a written "good job, goyim, you did this"

I think achievements became irrelevant this generation. I don't know anyone who's mentioned them seriously in years, and I work at a game store.

Bingo. Although the standard usually isn't that localized. Generally it's like a national average and MIT students could be expected to have at least IQs of 120.

You wish. No one puts in that kind of effort, not to mention a statistically representative sample of IQ test results from fucking Kenya does not exist (much less a recent one, gotta keep everyone on the same time period here) and is probably not happening unless you shelled out major moolah to rigorously IQ test a proper statistically representative sample size of Kenyans yourself.

Basically those national average numbers are all bullshit invented by weirdos who do not understand IQ tests and found whatever convenient numbers that looked right to their eyes, pulled numbers out of their ass, or otherwise "corrected" numbers for factors until the number looks right to your eyes. It's not proper statistical science just because you have a pile of numbers.

lolno An IQ below 80 is legal mental deficiency and an IQ below 70 is legally retarded. Loads of people with sub-100 IQs doing absolutely fine. An IQ over 110 is considered somewhat smart and IQ over 130 is genius.

The graphics filter manages to make everything look worse. The 16:9 aspect ratio is achieved by cutting away from the top and bottom of the screen, reducing overall visibility, and I'm not sure anyone who played Chrono Trigger gives a FUCK about achievements, but just in case you're interested, the achievements list is minimal trash too: steamcommunity.com/stats/613830/achievements/

In case you are an achievements whore, somebody made a less shit list of achievements that doesn't require Steam: retroachievements.org/Game/319

Really it's just bad on every front.

That would look pretty good for something like Yoshis Island. I can't think of too many games that would even look passable other than that though.

They'd be a lot more valuable if they were tied to in-game unlockables or system store credit or something of the like. As it is now, they're like merit badges without any value beyond the satisfaction of knowing you cleared a game challenge successfully - which players were doing in the 1980s already, just for the sake of doing it.

I bet they're used more as metrics for the devs and publishers to see what people are doing in game

What is the source of the pic please?

You're 100% right. And I HATE that you're right. I really wish I could tell you "lol no you ust hate SE the remake of Mana is awesome. Sure not perfect but it's great!" but I would be lying to everyone including myself. You described exactly why that remake is one of the worst remakes I ever seen and why that exists in first place!

It's nothing less than absurd that for a remake they didn't bothered to add anything that would properly tie it to the sequel (yes SK3) for ex. There should be at least whole new sidequests for you to do; how about one connecting the game to other mana games? Maybe even having cameos? Maybe hinting for a SK4 down in the line? But nothing like that is here. And I won't even waste time talking about the other issues like those disgusting mobile game level graphics or the constant crashes that some people still experience today.

And as if that isn't enough, SE had the nerve to release that atrocious port of the port of the port of Chrono Trigger. I'm a fan of both Square and Enix but I'm not retarded like the fanboys that defend SE today; I know that the merge killed the great things that both had for some reason but deep down, when they announce something like say…a remake of one of their old and most beloved first games of a franchise…I have this silly hope they will be back to what they once were.

And I hate to have hope only to see it crushed due to greedy and stupidity of he so called suits, combined with retarded normalgafs and fanboys that buy any shit tossed at them, stimulating the suits to keep doing the same thing.

I've never heard of retroachievements, that's actually…kind of cool.

Same. Surprised they didn't do it from day one actually…were they expecting that retarded port to be well received? Then SE today is more retarded than the fans that buy and support them today.

is the game worth it?

Why the fuck would you want any of this?

You mean tweening? Which is the opposite of animation, it means you just move a static piece of art across the screen. If you break it up enough and move small enough pieces, it can give a halfway decent approximation of animation.

What game is this?

Get it on SNES, DS, or emulate it, but do not buy the Steam version. It is total shit.

Suikoden 2. Really solid game if you can stand the backtracking.

Anyone who both liked Square and also had any standards has long since either given up on video games or killed themselves so this isn't much of a surprise. They're quickly becoming as bad as Blizzard drones.

That's just a renamed gif

here's the original as a reference.

I can imagine the remake's composers thought that, since those notes sound like guitars, any guitars will do… But the timbre and decay in the remake version is all wrong!

Knowing the Steam Community, it was tagged as Psychological Horror due to the awful port.

How new are you?

OwO whats this

at this point this can only be bait

>>>/apng/ has existed for like 3 years now

Christ, both sound awful. Glad I have yet to go back on my rule of "no rpgs".

SMRPG, Chrono Trigger, and Xenogears were the last games I was willing to put any time into.

the steamer community

Probably the Doctor L release is the best one since it's basically a proofread version of the Kajar Laboratories version for human beings; DS translation isn't as good as people think it is. One example would be Azala's last scene. The Super Famicom version was just her senselessly repeating "the future…" as she lost consciousness, which Woolsey interpreted as "we have no future." The DS localization recognized that the line was incorrect, so what did it do? Why, completely make up a NEW line about Ayla inheriting the world and taking care of it. Both official translations are off the mark, but the SNES version is much closer in meaning and tone than the DS version was here, and there are more instances peppered around where the DS version takes two steps forward and one step back. One autist almost figured this out and sorted through the various existing scripts to make a more definitive English patch, but squandered the idea by adding a bunch of dumb Chrono Cross references (pic related).

Also Lost Sanctum more like Rick Santorum that shit sucked ass from a straw and doesn't belong in the game; Lost Vortex was okay but missed the point of Chrono Trigger's endgame sidequests being character-focused, Arena of the Ages was just there, and YouTube exists for anyone who REALLY wants to see the animu cutscenes that break up the pace of the game (and they still play the original in-game cutscenes anyway so what the hell's the point).

They made an entire game based on that idea and it killed the series.

damn you're retarded

Obviously, when I say they could add those things it was ONE example of what they could have done as an extra thing…you know, extra content to justify calling it a remake? Aside from those piss poor mobile graphics? And of course I'm speaking assuming they would do a good job with it. A great example is what Namco did with Tales of Destiny remake; great remake, additional content AND also doesn't pretend the next game don't exist by adding references and even quests leading to it, connecting the dots very well (oh so Loni was actually there, so he didn't showed up out of thin air in Destiny 2).

Is what I expected to happen? Of course not but I didn't expected them to half ass the remake SO damn much.

As said it's suikoden 2 but I suggest you try waiting for someone do a retranslation of the game. Script sucks ass though i'm surprised while we have like 500 versions of Chrono Trigger script today nobody bothered to retranslate Suikoden 2 or Wild arms 2…both great games despite the retarded and censored translation.

PC can't even handle SNES games. No wonder there's no PC 2.

let that sink in

Nothing is superior to the SNES original, you faggots really need to realize that just because it's the version you play doesn't make it better.

What the fuck are you even trying to say? The filters look like shit. It would have looked better without the filters. What the fuck does that have to do with the SNES, it looked great on the SNES.
What the fuck does this have to do with anything?
Oh, a one and done. Guess I'll never know what the fuck you were trying to say.

In this case, true, but there do exist animated pngs though they may not work in all browsers. Here's one I saved from the early days.

Potentially? I wouldn't count on it myself.

Most people who frequent Holla Forums, I imagine. The underage cancer is mostly shitposters from Reddit or SA.

There already was a Seiken 4 on the PS2 though.

snes version with retranslation patch is still better

too bad the only decent ds emulator is stuck on a fucking OS for mobile phones

Isn't Android basically Linux? I don't know shit but they could port it over to the PC right?

It's Linux, but not GNU.

no$gba is a pretty decent emulator, dude.

problemkaputt.de/gba.htm