Guess who's back?

New Zoids anime with a game exclusive for the Nintendo Switch!:

nintendoeverything.com/zoids-wild-cross-media-project-announced-includes-a-new-game-for-switch
archive.is/2GfYQ

Unfortunately, there's seems to be no further details at the moment. Where /m/y /m/en at? I need to get around to actually playing Zoids Vs 3 and Full Metal Crash, as japanese gamecube games require their own memory card(s) when importing. I was hoping it wouldn't end with that mobile game on top of Fuzors and Genesis, but then again, there's no guarantee this will be good either, is there? Still, it brings back memories. Don't fuck this up, Nippon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6g1qqYQij9XLyiS8HRM6BnAjwmliqJx6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You could load up those Japanese games on the Wii and save the data to a virtual memory card. Also the sound balancing in that trailer really pissed me off.

What the fuck is a Zoid? Is it anything like avoiding the Noid?

Dead on arrival.

who got Dragon Ball in my Zoids.
this looks pandering to kids, of all ages, and on all levels of the soy spectrum.

Zoids was a more light hearted Gundam that used animal mechs. They still had some serious moments and stories to tell, but not about the hardships of war. Instead focusing more on the light and dark aspects of competition life, that's what Zero was about, never watched Chaotic Century.

Zoids where piloted mechs in form of animals, these are just animal shaped motorcycles really.

Looks like shit

Neat! Although I wish they'd use someone like Bit Cloud rather than the typical Shonen protagonist. But if I recall correctly they've been doing that for a while.

Yeah pretty much, I'm not a fan of the design choices. Although I hope the game is good.

What the hell was the NOid ?

It looks like complete garbage.

The characters look stupid. I liked the one that was basically Xenogears minus philosophical shit.

Characters actually died.
Shit got real and people grew up.

Actually, it looks like they combined Beyblade with Zoids.

Pizza Gremlin.
Also, was a product tie-in game back in the day like Cool Spot and PepsiMan.

Chaotic Century and Guardian Force took place in war and technically postwar settings that included Zoids powerful enough to devastate the planet as featuring death of some characters/villains extended to the genocide of an entire alien race in a previous catastrophe save for a few as a backstory. It along with Zoids: Genesis were more along the lines of a traditional Gundam compared to New Century Zero's G Gundam, so to speak, although Zero doesn't quite get as dark as any of them.

There wasnt much light hearted about Chaotic Century. Apparently it was too rough for Toonami to even air, because you had to wake up at 5 in the morning to even watch it. This was before [as] did anime other than Cowboy Bebop too.

Chaotic Century was such a fan animu. The animation left a lot to be desired when it came to action but for a shameless toy-advertisement show it was great.

It's not great, but at least we still have Battle Legend, in all its midi soundtrack glory.

Chaotic Century aired normally but it was the 2nd season, Guardian Force that aired early in the morning. Both had some scenes censored on Toonami; New Century Zero too, but not nearly as much.

WHO
WHO USED THE MONKEY'S PAW? How has it not ran out of fingers yet? Was this worth it? Does no one read short stories anymore?

I was actually looking forward to it for a second here.

I was referring to the weird aura that burst around the zoids, but holy shot you are right that character design looks like it was ripped straight from Beyblade.
that joke was unintended btw.

OK I am confused about my zoid shows then. which one was about them in some competitive circuit? they rode around in some blue snail looking thing, with an awesome gauss ramp that launched the zoids out of it, and the games where refed by some droid that was dropped from an orbiting satellite.

That would be New Century Zero, which premiered first on Toonami but was made after the original anime a couple of years after it:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6g1qqYQij9XLyiS8HRM6BnAjwmliqJx6

Remember that time they hyped a countdown and it turned out to be mobile shit?

As for the trailer, if they're going full animu, they should at least have cute girls. Generic shonen hero and generic shonen rival are lame.

However unlike G Gundam NCZ really is shit if you go back and watch it.

O shit was this the dinosaur robot legos with the little guy that sat in the cockpit/head?

I remember watching only two episode of Fuzors when it had its aborted run on Toonami way back when. Is it as awful as I remember? Also how was Genesis?

This new Zoids is looking pretty current year. Little kids riding around on their miniature babby zoids unleashing their power with synchronization rates/mind meld/power of heart or whatever the fuck makes the kids have glowy hair. My hopes aren't very high, but CGI is ridiculously better than it used to be so it could actually end up super awesome. Doubtful, but you never know. At the least, I have faith in Takara Tomy to deliver something that ends up surprisingly good as they do good work.