Rare/obscure creepy games

I already know about Garage: Bad Dream Adventure and both Missionforce: Cyberstorm games (forgotten earthsiege/starsiege games no one talks about), but are there any other rare/obscure games that have a creepy atmosphere to them?
Both Cyberstorm games had this whole plot revolving around engineering cloned abominations to fight in mechs for you in the Earthsiege universe because humans can't keep up with the reaction time and sensory overload the mech tech requires, and Garage is just a playable japanese fever dream where you play as a skeleton fetus cyborg on traintracks.

Other urls found in this thread:

legendsworld.net/adventure/game/15153
mega.nz/#F!mZsx0RxC!EN7zBZYAYKB2aJ-AjkxwBA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hi

Post more, I'm interested.

Body horror the videogame

continue

A 90s point and click about the eternal torture of a psychopathic homosexual, a nazi doctor, a (black) rape victim, a washed up depressed and guilty trucker, and a wanna be jay gatsby. The antagonist is a sadistic AI that has dominated the earth and just tortures these five eternally, using biotechnology to keep them alive. It has references of ww2, the cold war, hr geiger id art, christianity, paganism, buddhism and fruedian psychology just to name a few points of interest. Based on a short story and adds a lot of content to the narrative.

legendsworld.net/adventure/game/15153
It says demo because of copyright bullshit but its actually the full game. Enjoy.

That sounds fun. I knew about the meme but never played the game itself.
Is the game fun as well or is it one of those guide-seller impossible puzzle games?

Didn't think I'd see Bad Day on the Midway being brought up on Holla Forums. You like The Residents, user?

Not exactly rare but pic related is a somewhat obscure interplay RPG.

It's fun and not impossible. At least I never had any troubles with it. Read the 9 page story for though, gives you a basic outline of how fucked it is.

for it*

Not very obscure but worth mentioning.

There was an online text game a few years ago called Alter Ego where you could get abducted by a child molester or get taped being raped.

no shit, i actually found the copy i have in the trash i still debate myself whether i should've left it there or not

You can sell it, is a shame it wasn't released in Americas, I know you can emulate but sometimes it feels good to be able to play the original on the hardware, the game has an interesting concept, it hasn't aged quite well but the scares are still good and the atmosphere is still unsettling at some points.

i don't think i'm hurting that much for $5 at the moment

eBay says is a little more than 5 bucks, can't tell for sure how much because of course, prices are inflated in some publications and I forgot where to set the displayed currency to something else.

play it currently, im in the mines, annoying because i did something that blocked me totally of and i cant finish it, have to start all over again. Drawing map by yourself is fun, but i guess if you dont want to get too frustrated, glimpse on some walk-through for shit like what happened to me

yeah but those read in good condition and i can't reasonably claim the same for mine considering where it's been.The case is scratched from whatever wrestled with it in the bin,the CD case cover took some moisture and got decolorised partially and i can't remember if it even has the booklet anymore;the disc is miraculously undamaged and the game it still just werks but that's about it

anything with GOG release should be automatically excluded

If the booklet is good you can get it some reprinted artwork and stuff, I think mobygames has them, I think at least it could be 10+ bucks if you wanted to sell it, otherwise is good for a collectible even if only the disc was undamaged.

wowzers,what windfall,can't decide whether i should play the stock market with it or invest in some buttcoins

Want me to say 30+ or something like that? if it weren't for the PAL region thing I would gladly buy it since you still think is somewhat worthless.

i never said anything about that how could you possibly know?

The game was released only in Japan and Europe.

being white in japan wasn't an impossible thing at the time, there could've been some european trader part of a caravan passing through and spending their night in a hotel there with one thing leading to the other and *boom* before you know it i end up with a NTSC copy that i found in a garbage can somewhere in my collection

out

mega.nz/#F!mZsx0RxC!EN7zBZYAYKB2aJ-AjkxwBA

I need to get these two graphs in order one day.

The real tragedy is when you understand that the "I have no mouth and I must scream" is about the AI that is tormented with the fact it has the intellect and capabilities of a God but all it can do is destroy as per its original programming.

Amazing music in that one.

what does that have to do with anything in this thread?

I want to poke Renges cheeks with my dick

Darkeye still makes me sad. Back in the day, I couldn't make it work due some retarded QuickTime issues on system. YEARS later, I managed to make it work, but the download I got didn't include some of the cutscenes and crashed in the telltale heart part

There was a game posted on one of these threads a while back, I think it was called && or something similar. It was an RPG maker game and you played as a squiggle/spring-like creature and there were a couple of images plastered everywhere of someone's family photos.
I haven't been able to find any footage of it but I know an user did a bunch of small video recordings of games featured on a previous obscure games thread and I believe that was one of them.

Rule of Rose, Eversion and Perimeter are missing from that list
Echo Night: Beyond and the first Forbidden Siren also belong on there if you ask me

i don't recall that doing things that much different as far as game mechanics went that it's more succesful counterparts like Fatal Frame and even the Silent Hill series managed to do the survival part better

wasn't that a NET Yaroze game?

Different user but I've always been interested in Bad Day because I like The Residents. Never got around to playing it though. Is it worth a look? Commercial Album = AOTYAY

&& was made by some Youtube guy called Saint.

the game had no HUD and the only way to know where the enemies are was to see through their eyes

it also had regenerating health which pretty much took all the risk out of the equation and negated any effort the game made to be punishing towards anyone being bad at it since the only thing they had to do if they screwed up was to hide for a little while and the fish AI would forget them,then they could simply try anew

considering some of the games on that list dont even have health mechanics I doubt that disqualifies it from being on a list about wierd games

The Forbidden Siren games are infamously difficult, what the heck are you on about?

9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
It's not super obscure on here, but it's obscure enough that it deserves a mention.

that's true enough but i still think that the gameplay didn't compliment it's gimmick of looking through an enemy's eyes and going stealth in order to avoid combat as much as possible;especially since there's always the better made and known series that released two games close to this one's release date that did prety much everything better

Have this. I should find the .mov for the Hineyland guy and do that too.

ALL THE LEAVES ARE OFF OF THE OAK AND
ALL THE SHEEP HAVE FOLLOWED THE SPOKEN
WORD I'M COMING CONSTANTINOPLE HERE I COME

Those were good threads.

The difficulty in forbidden siren lies less with the gameplay and more with the extremely cryptic and unintuitive optional (for their individual stage) riddles which are in fact mandatory to get anywhere in the overarching story.

Dont think thats obscure at all, it has 2 sequels and theres been threads about the series, plus the games not creepy at all

fuck that shit,if i wanted riddles and to feel stupid i would've played Necronomicon again took me half the game to figure out the clues for the riddles were on the sides of that cube or whatever in my inventory and that the clues on it's sides were changing depending on the riddle/puzzle i was solving i was bruteforcing my way through every puzzle in the game at that point in true 'thal fashion

Has anyone played Chaos: A Fantasy Adventure Game? I used to play it as a kid, but I lost my disc. There are only a few copies available online and you won't find coverage unless you're consciously looking for it. Just typing something like "chaos point and click game" only brings up unrelated games like that one Splinter Cell title. You have to specifically search "Chaos: A Fantasy Adventure Game" to get anything. It's more dreamlike and bizarre than scary, but it has that weird uncanny feel that titles like Harvester had. You're constantly expecting something to jump out and get you, but nothing ever really appears.

English dub was god awful.

Dark colony.
Probably has one the goriest cutscenes in any real-time strategy games I've ever played.
Video Related, it's not the worst cutscene.

Anything Osamu Sato made really. Good luck on getting a copy of the Rolly Polly games though.

This isn't exactly creepy but good look playing it without some heavy knowledge of japanese. Still, the soundtrack is top notch.

good luck*.

That game was so rage inducing, fuck
You had to poke at this AI controlled robot and hope it would go where you wanted it to

Panzer Hearts alternative WW2 game